Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 21, 2015 5:15 PM

Nov 2014
Sakurako doesn't have said that she was killed? or maybe she was wrong after all...

I didn't liked much the drama in this episode, but the visuals made it great. 4/5
Oct 21, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Probably the weakest of the 3 episodes so far, but the end was pretty touching. I'm not surprised by Soutarou being Sakurako's dead younger brother. That seemed pretty obvious. I also have to agree with the people saying that her "let's solve the mystery" thing is getting old. It was cool the first time, but I've gotten over it. So far this series is all right, but I hope it gets better. Sticking to this same formula that seems to have already gotten old for most people will only hurt this anime.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 21, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2011
I liked this episode despite being weaker than the previous two that we've had so far. I'm glad that we're still seeing more of Yuriko and this episode was pretty much all about her and her grandma's death. It ended up being quite bittersweet but the view of the sunset was really nice. The visuals in this anime is simply beautiful, highlight of the series for sure.
Oct 21, 2015 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
Decently touching I guess. Though some parts went by a bit too fast.

Chances are though that they will revisit "Who killed Soutarou" near the end of the series. (If this does actually happen credit me for guessing it correctly) Sakurako's still an interesting person, very intelligent while not being too nerdy.

(Ironically though, the sources I read said that crying isn't that bad for your health)
Oct 21, 2015 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
This was the weakest episode so far for me. The whole "let us solve the mystery" scene is really getting on my nerves. It was great the first time but now it's just annoying. It was still an enjoyable episode but I really hope it breaks the episodic structure soon. I want to find out how Sakurako's brother died. Possibly murdered? I'm assuming that the guy who smiled in the OP might be the one who killed her little brother. I'm also curious about the "butterfly" thing that the drug addict mentioned in the previous episode. Judging from the OP, the butterflies seem to be related to the murderer in some way.
Oct 21, 2015 7:07 PM
May 2015
I wonder if this would lead to a sotacon romance, between cougar and tadpole?
Oct 21, 2015 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
"I have a feeling your left lung is larger than average..."

LOL
Hi there
Oct 21, 2015 7:21 PM

Jul 2007
The "let us solve the mystery" quote is pissing me off. Aside from that this anime has pretty nice visuals. (Silver Link touch is godlike)

Ep 2 was my favorite but meh this had a nice feeling too. I would enjoy it more if it changed from it's episode style and went into arcs or something. Also they gotta explain their relationship at some point. The talk about it since first episode but we still have not a damn clue as to why he is hanging out with her. (And where the hell is her fiance)
Oct 21, 2015 7:21 PM

Jun 2014
pretty nice episode , less enjoyable than the last one , but i gotta admit that the end was brilliant and beautifull with those gorgeous shots .
seriously the cop was like "not her again ! get her out of here i don't want extra work , let's say it's a suicide ok ?" XD
xSkydelOct 21, 2015 7:25 PM
Oct 21, 2015 7:39 PM

May 2012
the premise sounded interesting at first but im really disappointed... this is fucking stupid lmao, silly mystery of teh week bullshit... i shoulda known better than to expect anything good from a light novel adaptation... whatever i guess... and its funny this random side character and her family is now more flashed out than our mains... gr8 writing thar
frequency15kOct 21, 2015 7:44 PM
Oct 21, 2015 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
So the police just label all case that can't be explain as suicide? Such bullshit haha everything is suicide to them.
This is one sad episode...at least the grandma was able to see the sunrise one last time before pass away T_T
Somehow I think that Sakurako is taking Shoutarou as a replacement for her brother Soutarou...hope I am wrong, this will hurt Shoutarou a lot if it is true.
Oct 21, 2015 7:55 PM

Dec 2014
This is getting boring.
Oct 21, 2015 8:46 PM

Jul 2015
Nice episode. Didn't have as much history or enticing story like the previous episode, but good regardless.
Oct 21, 2015 9:30 PM

Feb 2015
Nice episode. Quite heartwarming. Really liked it.
Oct 21, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2011
• Repeated annoying let's-solve-the-mystery sequence
• Too much drama from a newly introduced character
• Minor character development for Sakurako/Shoutarou
• Nice atmosphere, but not very engaging

To any LN readers here, does this story have anything more to offer that we haven't seen?

If you need to spoil a bit to explain, feel free to do so (in spoiler tags, of course). This series isn't particularly bad, but it isn't particularly entertaining either, and the tiny bits of character development from the MCs isn't enough to carry the series for me right now. I could be watching/reading better stuff.

Still, if this is just a slow start, I wouldn't want to cheat myself.
TripleSRankOct 21, 2015 9:45 PM
Oct 21, 2015 9:43 PM

Jun 2015
TripleSRank said:
To any LN readers here, does this story have anything more to offer that we haven't seen?

If you need to spoil a bit to explain, feel free to do so (in spoiler tags, of course). This series isn't particularly bad, but it isn't particularly entertaining either, and the tiny bits of character development from the MCs isn't enough to carry the series for me right now. I could be watching/reading better stuff.

Still, if this is just a slow start, I wouldn't want to cheat myself.

I would like this answered as well.
Oct 21, 2015 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, as cases appear and are solved, the relationship of the protagonists bit progresses, becoming the plot most attractive, furthermore other characters will become involved and making things more mysterious, especially about the past of the protagonist couple, I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of the anime ..
Oct 21, 2015 10:07 PM

Aug 2014
I just wanna see who is the fiance of the female MC.
Oct 21, 2015 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
Another episode, another mystery solved. Was also another pretty feels episode with a bittersweet death. I also was glad they contiuned with the new episode new mystery plus new info on Sakurako's past mystery.

Here is my review on the full episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdV8VwZQ2eI&feature=youtu.be
Oct 21, 2015 11:02 PM

Jul 2015
ichii_1 said:

She's very pretty.. Don't cry anymoree <3

SchwingBoner said:

I can't help but think of this as a 'Chitanda' moment lol

I'm glad the magical mystery transformation scene is getting sped up. And the whole she has to investigate the scene again was cut by the detective. lol

At the very least, this episode cleared the 'who's Soutarou' and some kind of development for Yuriko. All that's left is the man with the hat.. Oh and that teacher

Oct 21, 2015 11:20 PM
Dec 2014
In love with this anime, only thing I would change is that out of place animation before she examines the corpse...
My Top 5 Anime: (As of March 2020)
1. Fate/Zero
2. Gintama
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4. Shinsekai Yori
5. Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Oct 21, 2015 11:43 PM

Oct 2011
RIP her Grandma

I am very interested in Sakurako's younger brother soutarou.
Oct 21, 2015 11:45 PM
Sep 2014
It was actually extremely obvious it wasn't suicide. Who would commit suicide while carrying a backpack? The only possibility would be if the deceased was trying to drown him/herself and filled the pack with bricks, then yes it would make some sense. But if the deceased fell from a low cliff like that? Unlikely.
Oct 22, 2015 12:27 AM

Nov 2014
Can I actually get some mystery pls? PLS?!
Oct 22, 2015 1:40 AM

Apr 2011
Need to start the story soon or you're gonna have to rush it. Weak episode, overall and please, if you're gonna use that "Let us solve the mystery" every week, at least change it enough to match the clothes she's wearing.

kyle8998 said:

LOL

Best part was that Sakurako, of all people was saying that.
Oct 22, 2015 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
yhunata said:
kyle8998 said:

LOL

Best part was that Sakurako, of all people was saying that.

I really like how they depict Sakurako's character overall as kind and honest, but socially inapt. How she tries to hit Shoutarou with insults that totally miss their mark or bloat with irony, how she reasons she can call him Shounen 'because he's a minor', how she tries to comfort Yuriko using scientific arguments (the 'tea for tears', XD ), suddenly being genuinely excited about the painting; it's harder to get that right than one might think.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 22, 2015 2:02 AM

Jun 2013
good episode it was slower than the first two, but its ok, it wasnt terrible. i wonder what happened to the little girl...

I have a feeling that cute high school girl is gunna have a relationship with MC
Oct 22, 2015 2:29 AM

Mar 2013
Nce visuals and episode.
Yuriko was really pretty in it.

Tho I wonder if there's any room for romance to bloom later in part :D
Oct 22, 2015 3:15 AM

May 2014
Slow ep
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Oct 22, 2015 3:48 AM

Jun 2015
Not as exciting as the first 2, but it was still ok i guess. got a bit of hint of feelings MC has towards Sakurako, but i guess it was squashed by the hint that Sakurako sees him as sort of a replacement for her younger brother. Hopefully next week's 'case' will be a little more interesting and we get more subplots moving.

Oct 22, 2015 3:56 AM
Jul 2018
Mascera said:
There we have it again... The "Let us solve the mystery" words, animation and gesture.

I love that scene. I'm assuming that scene will be in every episode.

Loved the episode! Shoutarou blushed!
Oct 22, 2015 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
So now we know that Soutarou was Sakurako's younger brother. My bet is that Sakurako will mention more about him as the series goes on.

Another good episode, although not as good as last weeks. I wasn't surprised that Sakurako's transformation scene was sped up. I do see them temporarily ditching it at some point.

Yuriko is a nice character. I can't blame her, struggling to come to terms about her Grandma's unfortunate accident, but eventually she was able to as she watched the stunning scenery with Sakurako and Shoutarou.

Once again, the visuals of this show is brilliant. The countryside view during sunrise or daytime is really pretty. =D
Oct 22, 2015 5:32 AM

Dec 2014
The setting and art are beautiful as always but the anime is starting to take on an episodic nature. Wonder how long they are gonna stick with it. Still a decent episode.
Oct 22, 2015 6:04 AM

Dec 2009
Oct 22, 2015 6:19 AM

Nov 2010
>A mystery series about deceased people and their bones.
>People complaining when they accidentally met dead bodies.

I mean, how many times does Conan (an elementary school kid) and Kindaichi (a senior high school) met a murder cases compared to this? It's like complaining when a girl fall in love to a main character in a friggin harem series.
Oct 22, 2015 6:28 AM

Jul 2012
Mascera said:
There we have it again... The "Let us solve the mystery" words, animation and gesture.

But this time it is shorter.

I like Sakurako's love and interest of bones and everything about them. Funny how the couple who saw the corpse first ran away after they saw how Sakurako was so amused.
Oct 22, 2015 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Not completely episodic, still chronological.
Alright episode
Oct 22, 2015 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
seriously dude a watermelon made you change your mind to go?! well that was a hartwarming moment at the end
Oct 22, 2015 8:27 AM

Mar 2014
This character has been in every episode thus far, so she might be much more important to the story than everyone thinks.

It was an alright episode. Gonna assume this show is going to be sorta like Charlotte in the fact that it changes around episode 6 and it will be around Sakurako's little brother.
Oct 22, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2010
Digging a little more into it let to an entirely different perspective, which brought a pretty touching scene at the end.

Death can be filled with warmth and determination, given the context of what brought the person to his/her resting place. Sakurako's perception of death is definitely something that is transmissible, though not as much for the maggots' burrowing and being "lucky" to still be intact.

I thought this was set out to be a decent reminder of how we just tend to see things from one side with that being especially true when it comes to the negatives.

Even drinking tea has its purpose to get the message out.

"Choose on what you want to believe." Overall, this was a good episode.
Oct 22, 2015 9:00 AM

Jun 2015
zeroyuki92 said:

I mean, how many times does Conan (an elementary school kid) and Kindaichi (a senior high school) met a murder cases compared to this? It's like complaining when a girl fall in love to a main character in a friggin harem series.

Implying you can't have a mystery show without plot contrivance.
Oct 22, 2015 9:24 AM

May 2010
It was a nice episode. It was kind of obvious though that the ending was gonna be this way again, or is it just me? Well, the wait for the next episode starts again ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2015 11:12 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was tooo much drama and tears from a character that we barely know. I hope the next episodes are better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 22, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2012
interesting mystery, though it was kind of predictable this episode.
gotta love sakurako's comments during the 'serious' moments, she's such a weirdo haha.
Oct 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Feb 2014
zeroyuki92 said:

IF they worked with the police/had some link with the deaths it would be ok, but like the way it is shown it looks like Japan is hell on earth, you turn the corner BAM dead body, not to say the number of coincidences:

-MC finds the lost girl(that is fine)
-Encounter girl that he he just recently met.
-She knows who the lost girl is.

And i think i forgot some others, not to say that in the next episode

-The dead body is the grandma of THE SAME girl that helped them

This trend bothers me in a way i'll probl just drop it.
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Oct 22, 2015 1:24 PM

May 2014
This series can actually be one of my top from this season. The animation is great and the plot of this ep. were actually very good too.

Very interesting ep. Though Sakurako-san can show very less empathy, she is actually a very good person. Damn, she is hawt and the same time very smart. LOL
Oct 22, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2013
Is Japan just riddled with skeletons that all have a strange mystery to solve behind them? And it's not just any mystery set of bones this time. No, these just so happen to be related to a friend of the main character.

What a contrived piece of nonsense this show is.

And why was he so damn sure Soutarou was a separate person from himself if his name is Shoutarou? She never said his name before, and they were in a super stressful so she could have just mispronounced it.
Oct 22, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2015
That mystery was pretty cool. I'm a little disappointed because it wasn't engaging though.
Oct 22, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2014
walldotfm said:
got a bit of hint of feelings MC has towards Sakurako, but i guess it was squashed by the hint that Sakurako sees him as sort of a replacement for her younger brother.

The two are not mutually exclusive. #NoIncest

gedata said:
Is Japan just riddled with skeletons that all have a strange mystery to solve behind them?

No, only Hokkaido.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Oct 22, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2014
The anime got it right with the happy hormones, it was actually tested by different scientists and it was proved to be true.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed that Sakurako gets agitated with other people around her?

Well, I am still shipping Sakurako and Shoutaro.. Again, it could be an implied romance without showing kissing or anything, so yeah..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

214 by Hiki_kun »»
Sep 14, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

118 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 29, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

158 by SaltyCookie »»
Jun 14, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

143 by SaltyCookie »»
Jun 4, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.