Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 10, 2015 12:38 AM

Nov 2011
Sigh, dropped. Had a lot of expectations for this preseason, first ep also showed signs despite not being great, the second was not good.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 10, 2015 1:47 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode IMO, despite what everyone else seems to think (you guys seriously think this is worse than Asterisk or 35th Test Plattoon? Seriously?). Anyway, so much for those rules of warfare Qwenthur was going on about last ep. Although, if those rules are universally recognised, I have to wonder just who these people are that are going against that. If nothing else, they certainly aren't good people based on the way those four guys who Qwenthur killled were talking. It should also be interesting to see what exactly they're going to do to defeat that Object, given their reputation of being more or less indestructible (unless they self-destruct after taking damage, which is just stupid really).
Oct 10, 2015 2:04 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was better than the first one.

The action between the objects was really cool, and I like that Qwenthur saved the princess and killed the soldiers instead of doing that good guy saint act of not wanting to kill anyone no matter how f*cked up they are.
Oct 10, 2015 2:14 AM

Dec 2013
That was a really great episode tbh, it pulled off the tension and the hasty atmosphere really well. Much better over first episode, the tone was much, much more consistent aside from that moment in the cave. The characters seem more or less likeable, at least for now, and that is an achievement in a LN adaptation.

Could potentially become one of my favorites of the season if they keep the things rolling in a similar way but it's more than likely that after the situation here in Alaska the show will once again shift towards more comedic, LN-ish tone again.
Oct 10, 2015 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
The only thing I don't like is the sudden boob grap, I mean come on, seriously?

Oct 10, 2015 2:31 AM

Sep 2009
Ugh... I was hoping they would cut out the forced eechi moments but I guess it was too much to ask... I was expecting a bit more from this episode but it fell a bit flat. Guess the studio is just riding Kamachi Kazuma-sama's name and hope that people would watch this because it has his name on it (They should've gone with Index 3 if that was the case)...

Well, it feels like they are making about 3 episodes for 1 volume. Hopefully the next episode would do better since it is the climax of the book. Engineers are OP as fk.
Oct 10, 2015 2:35 AM

Aug 2015
Better than the first episode imo, not that episode 1 was bad. We got a lot of action in this one. Qwenthur is the man lol and not surprised at all that Havia went as well. Overall I thought it was a good episode.
Oct 10, 2015 2:38 AM

Jul 2014
yeah way better than the first episode
dat head shout thought

so they are gonna take 3 ep for one volume HO volume are kinda short right ?
Oct 10, 2015 2:55 AM

Oct 2013
Better then the first episode, and the main character was more likable as well.
I just hope he gets rid of his wuss parts soon.
I really don't like that part about the Japanese sub culture. they really enjoy making their characters spineless.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2015 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
better than the first episode, still kinda ehh
Oct 10, 2015 3:13 AM

Jun 2015
Action scenes were ok. Only thing that bugged me was the BGM that was used when the base was being destroyed... made it feel not serious enough, like it was some spy Mission Impossible cartoon, and not serious enough. And i know fanservice is very common nowadays, but it feels so uncalled for in this, both in the OP theme animation and episodes.
Still applying 3 ep rule to this... 1 more to go.

Oct 10, 2015 3:34 AM

Aug 2014
This was a good episode, it reminded me of Aldnoah Zero's first episode. Kinda.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 10, 2015 4:38 AM

Nov 2013
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:
They are going to take down the enemy Object by themselves?!

BIG BOSS APPROVES THIS ANIME.

Epic gif
Oct 10, 2015 4:47 AM
Oct 2015
Just for clarification... The next episode will just finish Chapter 1/3 of Volume 1... I just hope it won't take too long for them to animate the penguin scene.
Oct 10, 2015 4:52 AM

Nov 2012
Nice, I was scare for a second and thought Qwenthur was gonna be the typical coward who is all talk, but he end up growing some balls and actually killed some people... It would have been better it he would have saved her by himself without Havia assistance, but it was still ok...
jose21Oct 10, 2015 5:24 AM
Oct 10, 2015 5:18 AM

Jul 2014
arcd75 said:
Just for clarification... The next episode will just finish Chapter 1/3 of Volume 1... I just hope it won't take too long for them to animate the penguin scene.

the hell ? 3 episode for 1/3 of the volume ? i was thinking they gonna end the first volume with 4 episode at the max
Oct 10, 2015 5:18 AM

Oct 2008
This ep was an improvement. Kinda tired of the typical "we must save the damsel in distress even if the logical thing to do is to run" thing but well it was alright. I really want them to do away with the terrible fanservice though. They're just inappropriate and out of place in a life and death situation.
Oct 10, 2015 5:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Much better than last episode and then the Princess had her little rant out of nowhere. She's one strange little character. The headshots and general violence portrayed were rather unexpected, but in a good way.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2015 5:23 AM

Jun 2008
In before: "I think i spotted a second of fanservice moment so i have to make a comment how i noticed it and ruined things for me and how against fanservice i am because i am such a serious prudent person although i don't care about all other tone of silly shit."

Oh shit, it seems am late.
Oct 10, 2015 5:25 AM

Feb 2015
I'm not really sure what I think of it yet, while I do think it's decent, some parts just makes me buttclench, eh whatever I'll give it a few more tries.

Oct 10, 2015 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
Meh, I've seen FAR worse forced fanservice before, but it was unnecessary. =/

Despite that, this was a big improvement on the first episode. The action between the two Objects were pretty good, showcasing the major difference between them.

It's also good to see a MC with some backbone too. Even though Havia and Frolaytia was against his plan at first, Qwenthur didn't budge one bit and went off to rescue Milinda from those scumbag soilders.

I wonder how they'll try and expose Water Strider's weakness now. I doubt it'll be as easy as Luke Skywalker by himself blowing up one AT-AT with his lightsaber and bomb, but it'll be interesting to see if they can expose it's weakness at all.

The OP remains pretty epic, the ED calm and peaceful. Looking forward to next week. =D
Oct 10, 2015 5:41 AM
Nov 2012
better than first episode.
but i have a question:
what will be havia role beside for comical situation and usual obeidiant soldier?

he look really more like a supporting character than main character.

princess is a skilled object pilotand be the brute power.

qwenthur is (or will become) an amazing talented heavy object mechanic engineer and skilled soldier for a mechanician. he is the brain how repair object and find way to destroy them

But havia is only our average soldier: he is not smart, not really talented (unlike qwenthur, even with smart bullets he find a way to fail hitting a simple deer and need numerous shot), he is mostly here to follow qwenthur instructions.
thor94Oct 10, 2015 5:48 AM
Oct 10, 2015 5:42 AM

Feb 2012
I had high hopes for this since the production value is high and the concept seems cool, but jesus christ there are some flaws I can't stand.

-14-year-old piloting massive high-destruction machine ALONE, okay fine.
-Boob grab, no matter the show concept, there has to be this in every series apparently.
-Assuming their suits keep their bodies somewhat warm, they are not covering their heads in cold weather, what the fuck.
-YOUR VIEW DISTANCE IS LOW DURING HEAVY SNOWFALL, yet you can see miles ahead in the battle against Water Strider.
-Their hair should be covered in snow, but who has the time to animate all that and make sense anyways?
-Everything about Qwenthur is annoying to watch

If I don't see improvement in the next episode, dropped.
Oct 10, 2015 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
That escalated soo quicky.

The episode was definitely better than the last one, something is bothering me a bit is the visuals the are lacking a bit, but aside that, was good.
error5000Oct 10, 2015 7:01 AM
Oct 10, 2015 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
I'm impressed. They are really going with 3 episodes adaptation per chapter or might be only in the first chapter of volume 1. I'm more interested how they will adapt the light novel since I already know the ups and down of this one. Either way, as a matter of adaptation, its doing great but the specifics when it comes to military aspect being mentioned here are faults from both the author not able to describe those in the novel itself and in the anime production staff that failed to correct the lack of idea.
Oct 10, 2015 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
It's looking great. They showed an Object battle upfront which was not too bad. I'm finding this anime of the better one's this season.

Anime | Profile | Manga
「The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday I saw a deer, and today, you.」

Oct 10, 2015 8:47 AM

Dec 2009
As usual, loads of uncalled for griping.

It's been long due for there to be a decent and somewhat educated sci-fi story to hit anime that wasn't bloody mecha. When you consider all that's happened from a tactical standpoint, it's all been exceptionally sensible, without asspulls or magical victories because reasons.

There's a hell of a lot of things people tend to forget and overlook... In times of war, you take your best or take what you got if you must. A youngin piloting a giant death machine is not unrealistic, just improbable. Under rare circumstances, things like that could happen. It was also addressed in the show that it was already an obscene idea for a young girl to be piloting the thing, AND to be playing bait.

Then comes a very important philosophical address. Does one really have a choice in situations like that? Many will say you don't. Leaving someone behind to save your own skin is something that will eat away at your bones for all eternity. You don't have the choice to run if there is something you can do, because otherwise a torment worse than an easy death you may get from trying awaits you.

It's nice to hear things like smart bullets mentioned and so on. A series can hit home that it's actually in the future, not just modern day dressed up with magical tech and toys. (In the age of space travel and you still don't have homing bullets and missiles that can evade point defense fire?) It's got a stable depiction of how things have legitimately changed since the introduction of global wundawaffe.
There's no point in expecting every tiny detail to be accurate though, it's a work of fiction, with it's limitations.. Unlike budget live action films, anime don't call in consultants for military and such to give all the correct info. For something that came straight outa someone's head, it's pretty good.

Now with strong context set up, let's hope the plot holds strong as well :)
GenesisAriaOct 10, 2015 8:54 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 10, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
bitch please cut the melodrama bullshit and just thank them for saving you
Oct 10, 2015 10:04 AM

Nov 2008
Wait, can't Objects tank a nuke? The plasma beam and the other guns seemed nowhere near as strong.
Oct 10, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2014
Not bad, Qwenthur.

At least it was better than the first episode.
Oct 10, 2015 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
Nice episode. Lots of decent action scenes.
Oct 10, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2015
KaiserNazrin said:

Well that's "Heavy Object" for you,

Anyway just like a broken recorder, a better episode than the last one.The action scenes were great. The only thing that I hate in this series so far is the fact that the MC is a whiny bitch which makes it annoying to watch.
Oct 10, 2015 11:56 AM

Feb 2015
WOW! What's up with the rating. this show was pretty good though.
But still , i didn't expect some people to be die after the quick explanation in the first episode. the enemy object lose, done. no killing. that was what i thought.

And why they end it like that.......
3 human vs 1 object. if the object lose , it will be a big humiliation to the pilot.
Oct 10, 2015 1:05 PM
Aug 2012
fredchickens said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Well that's "Heavy Object" for you,

Anyway just like a broken recorder, a better episode than the last one.The action scenes were great. The only thing that I hate in this series so far is the fact that the MC is a whiny bitch which makes it annoying to watch.

Wait Quenser is a whiny bitch? How?

Oct 10, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2010
meh

I'm still having trouble grasping the "invincibility" of these objects. No weapon on earth can touch it except for the weapons mounted to another object, wait...WAT? So traditional airplanes or tanks can't use the same weapons? It has super armor that can't be penetrated except when it can because "reasons" (quite easily too).

The objects were also shooting regular bullets at each other...why?
Oct 10, 2015 1:24 PM
Aug 2012
singleturbo said:
meh

I'm still having trouble grasping the "invincibility" of these objects. No weapon on earth can touch it except for the weapons mounted to another object, wait...WAT? So traditional airplanes or tanks can't use the same weapons? It has super armor that can't be penetrated except when it can because "reasons" (quite easily too).

So how would tanks and Planes carry those huge cannons and supply them with the huge amount of power at the same time genius? It has super armor that was created with their technology and only high powered weapon of other Objects can penetrate that after multiple hits. Stop making dumb excuses.

Ever heard of trying to distract your opponent? There was another purpose as well, objects have quite a lot of sensors for various purposes..........destroying some of them can also give an small advantage. Or just chalk it up as fanservice.....don't see any problems though.

Oct 10, 2015 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
So, that is the feeling of defeat? Damn..

Congrats Qwen for feeling a 14 year old breastes lol

Episode got even better with a possible hijacking/destroying an object. I still have a feeling that Qwen is a borderline badass and pussy lol

ALSO FUCK OFF HATERS :D KEEP THAT HATE TO YOUR LONELY SELF :)
ElectricRedOct 10, 2015 2:49 PM
Oct 10, 2015 2:54 PM

Aug 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
singleturbo said:
meh

So how would tanks and Planes carry those huge cannons and supply them with the huge amount of power at the same time genius? It has super armor that was created with their technology and only high powered weapon of other Objects can penetrate that after multiple hits. Stop making dumb excuses.

Ever heard of trying to distract your opponent? There was another purpose as well, objects have quite a lot of sensors for various purposes..........destroying some of them can also give an small advantage. Or just chalk it up as fanservice.....don't see any problems though.

Is this even a real post?
Oct 10, 2015 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
Not the kind of Mecha anime I was looking forward to.
This is as far as I go and good luck to those that are still watching this.
Drop, 4/10
Oct 10, 2015 3:26 PM
Dec 2012
Wow, it sucks. I can now see the reason why we will never get a Index season 3. It's not that Index is hard to adapt but JC Staff doesn't have it anymore. Heavy object shows that.
Oct 10, 2015 3:56 PM

May 2015
i don't understand where's good scene and bad scene in this anime, fuckin crowd of pros and haters confusing me already
Oct 10, 2015 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
Isn't this anime directed by Kojima?

matsushima said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:
They are going to take down the enemy Object by themselves?!

BIG BOSS APPROVES THIS ANIME.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS OBJECTS.

Don't forget, that girl's eyes.... She has NANOMACHINES
Oct 10, 2015 5:51 PM
May 2013
NyuuuuSaaaan said:
Wait, can't Objects tank a nuke? The plasma beam and the other guns seemed nowhere near as strong.

Plasma can be hot as f***

According to this article we've reached 2,000,000,000 K back in 2006
http://www.livescience.com/614-record-set-hottest-temperature-earth-3-6-billion-degrees-lab.html

For reference the sun's surface is 5,778 K

And it's strength kind of shows in the series. Those were some huge craters it was making
Oct 10, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2012
Not overly impressive, but I can certainly get on board with it. Story and tone are intriguing enough, and character interactions don't make me want to vomit like certain other fall shows.

Monad said:
In before: "I think i spotted a second of fanservice moment so i have to make a comment how i noticed it and ruined things for me and how against fanservice i am because i am such a serious prudent person although i don't care about all other tone of silly shit."

Oh shit, it seems am late.
This. There are problems with this show, but little fanservice bits like that isn't one of them. It's not like it's trying to carry an overly serious tone at all times. And those who don't know Kamachi and his tendencies have only themselves to blame.
Oct 10, 2015 8:45 PM
Aug 2012
singleturbo said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

More real than your nonsense of a post that clearly shows that you either didn't pay attention or making up dumb excuses for lolz.

Oct 10, 2015 9:52 PM

May 2015
I didn’t like the drama bits; the acting felt weird, flat, and unnatural.

The action was decent, but the overall flow of the story still irks me, I don’t know why.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Oct 10, 2015 10:18 PM

Jun 2013
The headshots were the only good thing about this episode.

Princess-sama crying like a little brat asking the recycled question, "Why did you come and save me? Why did you save me?"

Don't they always ask that question? Is that a default response after someone saves your life? Ugh.
臭い-
Oct 11, 2015 1:07 AM
Feb 2009
mchief190 said:
Depending on the weather aerial resupply can be a no no, plus we have no idea of the condition of the air space that they are under, it could be under enemy hands in one stretch and friendly in the other. As for their clothing, this is not the first anime that has seen characters in irregular gear for winter warfare and to concentrate on it is kind of nitpicking against the series. Also the Object flawed? They are giant tanks that are closer to real world tech than most other mechs and they try to be different than the regular walker mechs we see in the trillion or so mech anime out there.

All in all the second episode was an improvement, the action was intense as hell.

I'd say the objects are the biggest flaw in the series. Other mistakes can be forgiven and its quite decent if you think its an action comedy and won't think about plot and technical correctnes.

Nukes won't destroy an object but plasma weapons from another object will. Why not place these weapons elsewhere. Like aircraft with greater mobility and speed?
History of warfare has shown that large veichles are not very efficient. They are slow and due to that must have thick armor all around.
So, to defeat an object. It would seem using tanks and fighter planes with weapons from an object would be better. You can fire from several directions.
And more
Oct 11, 2015 1:49 AM

Jun 2013
renaiyuusha said:
i don't understand where's good scene and bad scene in this anime, fuckin crowd of pros and haters confusing me already

just ignore them :)

Bosskardo said:
mchief190 said:
Depending on the weather aerial resupply can be a no no, plus we have no idea of the condition of the air space that they are under, it could be under enemy hands in one stretch and friendly in the other. As for their clothing, this is not the first anime that has seen characters in irregular gear for winter warfare and to concentrate on it is kind of nitpicking against the series. Also the Object flawed? They are giant tanks that are closer to real world tech than most other mechs and they try to be different than the regular walker mechs we see in the trillion or so mech anime out there.

All in all the second episode was an improvement, the action was intense as hell.

I'd say the objects are the biggest flaw in the series. Other mistakes can be forgiven and its quite decent if you think its an action comedy and won't think about plot and technical correctnes.

Nukes won't destroy an object but plasma weapons from another object will. Why not place these weapons elsewhere. Like aircraft with greater mobility and speed?
History of warfare has shown that large veichles are not very efficient. They are slow and due to that must have thick armor all around.
So, to defeat an object. It would seem using tanks and fighter planes with weapons from an object would be better. You can fire from several directions.
And more

i think the weapons need energy supply from whatever object's core. the core is like nuclear power plant that need delicate handle. i dont think aircraft or tanks can be a nice container for it. mobilty and speed? just check the object's specs. but an idea to make several plasma cannons in one place is an interesting idea
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Oct 11, 2015 1:53 AM

Jun 2008
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
singleturbo said:

More real than your nonsense of a post that clearly shows that you either didn't pay attention or making up dumb excuses for lolz.

His question isn't that stupid. Even if we assume that the size of those weapons is why they can't be put in other conventional vehicles still such weapons should be able to be put around a military base for example or on big ships etc.
Why do they not do that?
Also there is the question of a Heavy Object even taking a nuke but suddenly being hurt by such guns. At least other than that plasma weapon thing all the other smaller projectile cannon on an object shouldn't even be able to scratch it if it can take a damn nuke missile.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.