Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2015 9:59 PM

Aug 2015
Too much Eyegasm at its finest, Really do hope though that they can solve an actual real mystery like on who's the killer of these corpses. Overall Nice start, anyway potential best grill Sakurako and her weird fetishes is just <3
Oct 7, 2015 10:09 PM

Mar 2013
Surya---__--- said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:

Says the guy that hates and complains on everything he watches, and which spectations are so high that nothing can please him.

I like a lot of things, sorta. Not sure if I can say the same for you.
What are you even talking about. This is the only show in which I even took the effort to say something about. No one cares( except you?), but I just wanted to express my disappointment for some reason. Either way, this episode is genuinely terrible. Some random chick who gets turned on by bones is apparently capable of making bullshit theories and expositions out of flashy imaginations than trained professionals. The supporting male is pretty obnoxious. The mystery was quite vapid and the bone gimmick really is not something people should be noting. I have no clue anyone thinks the mc is a seasonal best girl material besides lolxd she so autistic and cute, would bone/10.
I thought this show was going to be funny in a stupid way (like my bone joke), but it is stupid in a boring way.

Those aren't high expectations, man.
Now you can criticize me for making an asinine and bloated reply, but you won't read this anyway.

While I agree with you on some points, your mean score is 1.9. I'd be damned if I didn't say you'd have extremely high standards.
Oct 7, 2015 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Good debut, I was really interested in the plot, besides showing a beautiful animation, good soundtrack and good dose of mystery, I am quite curious to see the development of anime, I'm looking forward to the next episodes, I have high expectations in this anime ..
Oct 7, 2015 10:21 PM

Aug 2015
Ainz(from Overlord): Thats how I met your mom.
Oct 7, 2015 11:04 PM
Jul 2018
Anime of the season?
Oct 7, 2015 11:05 PM
Mar 2013
im so gay for sakurako

possible aots tbh
Oct 7, 2015 11:11 PM

Nov 2014
OP>> everything in this show...

not my cup of tea but i'll keep watching

3/5
Oct 7, 2015 11:20 PM

Nov 2011
Ehh. I've watched a lot of live action detective fiction, and this seemed pretty typical. We don't have a lot of it in anime though, so I'm not surprised that it's seen as special.

The bone obsession is weird, but it does make Sakurako-san stand out.

The most interesting part of the episode was actually the sudden transition from the police station back to the beach. The police officer reacted in a rather confused manner at first. It was probably fourth wall leaning, but if you're up for an epileptic tree theory, it could be hinting that Sakurako literally has detective superpowers (e.g. by talking to the bone or something weird); all of the side characters were greyed out and didn't react to anything Sakurako did or said. I'd probably be 2x more interested in this show if it pulled something like that.

In any case, that part was amusing.

It was a decent start overall.
TripleSRankOct 7, 2015 11:23 PM
Oct 7, 2015 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
PeripheralVision said:

While I agree with you on some points, your mean score is 1.9. I'd be damned if I didn't say you'd have extremely high standards.

I only use 3 numbers.....I realized 1-10 was pointless as everything in the lower echelons were all equal in terms how much I want to remember them anyway.
Well, it is better to not score at all, but I like to stroke my ego with numbers.
Any edgy list can have low mean scores, it really shouldn't matter.

Plus, it is fun to aggravate people, like the ones who kept replying on the last page, who jump to vapid conclusions and excuses just because I posted a dissenting opinion, rather than simply discussing the show or whatever.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2015 11:27 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, average.

5/10
I am a human.
Oct 8, 2015 12:27 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode!

Wonderful design, and I'm loving the MC, Sakurako! Not to really hate on Shoutarou, but I guess he was just made to keep her from getting into more trouble. Lol

Great soundtrack as well!

Looking forward to this anime!

Oct 8, 2015 12:35 AM

Feb 2014
The art and animation was beautiful! What a great first episode :)

I feel like this is going to be one of my favorites of the season
Oct 8, 2015 12:37 AM

Jul 2013
Surya---__--- said:
Reizo_Da_Firenze said:

How I can see your high spectations and how you bash everything? I just have to take a look at your list to notice it, You basically hate Everything

Words > Numbers. I made list scores arbitrary because it annoys people who obsess over shallow numerical values. The higher the number the more I care about a work, the rest I just don't care about even if they had their enjoyable escapism value or something.

I still don't how that leads me to have high expectations when I said that I literally had no expectations for this and was just giving my impressions on the episode like every other useless post in this thread.

Aerensianic said:
He is the straightman to contrast with and reign in the female lead (as well as being the voice of sanity).

Someone like Watson was respectable, had charisma and evoked empathy.
The guy in this show has none of those. It doesn't help when their dialogue and chemistry is quite bland. His voice and design also sucks,
You might not agree, but this would be why I don't like him even if he is supposed to fit a typical paradigm.

True in some respects but in reality the main female lead which everyone seems to lead in the real world would be shunned for her behavior towards human remains. Wanting to "collect" and "own" humans remains for personal use is among one of the major taboos in osteology (and for most people not in the field as well). Her almost fetishistic view of human remains is highly problematic as well. The kid actually was her moral and ethical anchor during the whole situation with the remains. Not to mention preventing her from committing a crime (Tho I don't know Japans laws but in the US its illegal). He is the pure manifestation of "normal" reigning her in from stepping to far over the line. You can argue they could have made the character better (its only been one episode though) but that type of character pretty essential for this type of genre.
Oct 8, 2015 12:40 AM

Nov 2014
Well, this is definitely better than what I expected it to be. Great art-style, btw.
Oct 8, 2015 12:50 AM

Jul 2007
Very good first episode. Maybe not as good and far more "by-the-book" than let's say Concrete Revolutio, Utawarerumono or Kagewani(which all are still the top premieres this season), but certainly good. Feels like a more art-sy more strange anime version of Bones

I like it that the show treats the viewers as smart and capable of following the plot, even if explanations(a lot of which could have been assumed) were a bit spoon-feed-y and I hope in future cases the viewer is allowed to be filling in the gaps instead every single bit being explained and spelled out. Also interested in whether the focus will be mysteries of the bones they find or the mystery of how this partnership came to gether and the secrets surrounding the whole establishment.

I also like that neither of the two protagonist is portrayed as passive and they both kind of have dynamic role changes between which one is dominant in which moment.
"Wimpy protag, cliched abusive girl" and "gary stu protag and waifu girl" are kind of overdone so it is nice to see that at least one show manages to capture how an actual human relationship works and that human beings are not stuck in a single role all the time. Both characters are actually very likable, flawed, realistic and weird in their own different ways.

Also commendable is the cinematography. Really high quality and creative - something that you don't see that often in "mainstream" anime. Something that proves that you can have characters talking for more than one minute and have it look more interesting than a moving head.

10/10 for episode.
AhenshihaelOct 8, 2015 12:57 AM
Oct 8, 2015 12:55 AM

Oct 2011
Interesting
Oct 8, 2015 1:02 AM

Jul 2013
Nice! Great visual, decent soundtrack, very fitting voice actors, and an intriguing story.

Of course this is most likely just the appetizer and there will (hopefully) be much bigger cases in the future. Sakurako is quite the character too, if it continues like this it might end up as one of my favorites this season.
Oct 8, 2015 1:08 AM

Oct 2013
A pretty good episode. Characters seem 70% fresh and 30% tinged with the usual anime tropes.

Although Sakurako-san going full-on Sherlock mode was certainly kinda fun to see, it didn't entirely impress me yet. There was one instance where an observation she made in particular seemed a bit too far-fetched for my tastes. I'm too lazy to go back and replay the episode to find where that moment was, but it left me with a marginally skeptical impression. Otherwise, this was quite the promising first episode. Sakurako-san could be character of the season. I will admit however that the high school kid got on my nerves a bit. Hopefully he grows on me with more episodes.

And yeah, very good animation and such too. Definitely keeping this anime on my radar.
_AisuOct 8, 2015 1:12 AM
Oct 8, 2015 1:31 AM

Jul 2013
Ah I loved this a lot, I think one of my faves this season. the characters are very likable. damn Sakurako is gorgeous.
it'll probably have no romance, but I wouldn't mind if it has haha.
can't wait for the next episodes!
Oct 8, 2015 1:37 AM
Mar 2013
didnt think there would be any romance between the two mcs but i was still holding on to that hope... until we learned that sakurako is engaged. fml

otherwise i enjoyed the ep. animation was nice & sakurako's character is pretty cool. the male mc was pretty bland tho
Oct 8, 2015 1:40 AM

Jul 2007
Schnarf said:
until we learned that sakurako is engaged. fml

99% of time the detective's fiancee in murder mystery ends up either being murderer or a murdered.
Oct 8, 2015 1:44 AM
Mar 2013
CookingPriest said:
Schnarf said:
until we learned that sakurako is engaged. fml

99% of time the detective's fiancee in murder mystery ends up either being murderer or a murdered.

well, i sure hope that happens this time
Oct 8, 2015 1:56 AM
Sep 2014
This is kind of reminding me of the autopsy segments of Trauma Team...
Oct 8, 2015 1:57 AM

Jul 2007
I have been looking forward to this show but unfortunately I found the first episode to be quite disappointing.

I expected Sakurako to be much more mature, and the tone of the show to be more serious. The believability of the scenario and the interactions with the police officers was especially poor. The only aspects I enjoyed were the music and animation from one or two scenes.

Will give the next episode a watch, but it might not be a show for me after all.
Oct 8, 2015 2:09 AM

Jul 2007
Kasi said:
I
I expected Sakurako to be much more mature, and the tone of the show to be more serious. The believability of the scenario and the interactions with the police officers was especially poor.

Its completely believable considering japanese culture and considering Sakurako's grandfather was supposedly quite a bigshot forensic professor everyone there knew.

Japanese are very big on peer-respect to the point that it is not surprising that they would ignore protocol for someone connected to one they know.

Its similar to how cop communities usually give leeway to the families of cops they knew
Oct 8, 2015 2:21 AM
Jan 2012
not my thing
and the visuals didn't impress me, it often lacked details and it seemed to me like they recycled some textures a lot of times
animations where pretty standard as well
Oct 8, 2015 2:56 AM

Jun 2015
Not really feeling it but will stick to it for 2-3 episodes to see if it gets interesting(to my taste).
HijaziOct 8, 2015 3:03 AM
Oct 8, 2015 3:03 AM

May 2012
That was amazing! Shotarou and Sakurako reminds me so much of Kujou and Victorique of Gosick haha
I'm probably what you call a programmer. And a procastinator. And a stalker. You can't hide from me.
Oct 8, 2015 4:03 AM
Feb 2014
Surya---__--- said:
PeripheralVision said:

I only use 3 numbers.....I realized 1-10 was pointless as everything in the lower echelons were all equal in terms how much I want to remember them anyway.
Well, it is better to not score at all, but I like to stroke my ego with numbers.
Any edgy list can have low mean scores, it really shouldn't matter.

Plus, it is fun to aggravate people, like the ones who kept replying on the last page, who jump to vapid conclusions and excuses just because I posted a dissenting opinion, rather than simply discussing the show or whatever.

Don't bother with these idiots,they take not rating their precious generic anime a 8/10 or above as a personal insult.

As for the episode: interesting character ruined by the mandatory moralfag whining every step of the way at her. The police detective being insanely incompetent is not very realistic either.

10/10 i did not fall asleep.
8outof10itsokOct 8, 2015 4:22 AM
Oct 8, 2015 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
hmm, not very amazing but I like mystery so yeah~
Oct 8, 2015 5:13 AM

Aug 2014
So after incest and pedophilia, we get necrophilia. It was a good first episode so it gets a pass I guess. :P

Also the police "Why are you so nonchalant? Are you the killer?". That's some fine police work.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Oct 8, 2015 5:31 AM

Feb 2014
A Fascinating first episode. The visuals are simply beautiful and nicely detailed too. Even the 3D used in the episode work very well. =D

Shoutaro might take a while before he becomes fully likeable, but I'm already liking Sakurako. Her approach with her Osteology might look a bit weird at first, but you can't fault her visual skills when it came to identifying the age of the skull and also the double homicide pair.

Still, seeing her at the police station trying to sneak the skull away with her was cute and funny. ^_^

As long as TROYCA can maintain the quality level matching or at least getting close to this episode, this show should be a surprise hit this season.
Oct 8, 2015 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
Sakurako-san is insane. I have a feeling she's gonna kill somebody bc of her love/obsession for beautiful bones; And beautiful bones are those out of the fresh dead human body.
EW GOD, CREEPY AF. I already hate myself for coming up with this theory.
Oct 8, 2015 5:42 AM

Jun 2009
The animation was gorgeous omg. Pls let this be a two-cour anime ;-;

Oct 8, 2015 5:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That awkward moment when you find out that livechart's synopsis/95% of your hype is a bunch of fucking lies :(
Oct 8, 2015 6:06 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting anime + nice episode. Very beautiful animation and a nice female protagonist. The male one is annoying.
Oct 8, 2015 6:43 AM
Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Amarrez said:
Hopefully that's just a one time thing and later on there'll be more, you know, actual mystery.

And maybe even find the culprit instead of just explaining how the victim dies while the mc continues to do nothing.

i, too, hope that the show won't dissapoint us.
Oct 8, 2015 7:14 AM

Jul 2012
Such beautiful animation~ I'm so delighted to see the type of mystery I like.

I also feel like I've instantly fell in love with the two main characters. 5/5
Oct 8, 2015 7:25 AM
Jul 2018
Sakurako is very alluring. Plus Itou Shizuka's voice <3
Oct 8, 2015 7:52 AM

Apr 2010
Great visuals but the rest left something to be desired.
Oct 8, 2015 8:15 AM
Oct 2015
Episode was fantastic both visually and story wise, but i was able to figure out the homicide disguise right away so i hope they improve that.
Oct 8, 2015 8:41 AM

Dec 2008
It was a nice first episode. I'm enjoying Sakurako as a character. Shoutarou? Not as much. He's already getting on my nerves.
Oct 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2013
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this. Male lead is a boring as fuck highschool students that gets to play the straight man role here.
Female lead's character boils down to "she's obsessed with bones. laugh at how weird she is. laugh. so funny. so unique"

Anyway, boring mystery series with so far dumb characters. Done with this if the crime solving aspect stays this dull.
Oct 8, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2015
black cat with pink flower pedal, 2nd show this season with that trend, did they watch ylia before hand?
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Oct 8, 2015 9:57 AM

Sep 2010
Now, that's an interesting character....
Oct 8, 2015 10:08 AM

Apr 2014
TheNaturalPerm said:
Even Detective Conan fillers are more interesting than this. Male lead is a boring as fuck highschool students that gets to play the straight man role here.
Female lead's character boils down to "she's obsessed with bones. laugh at how weird she is. laugh. so funny. so unique"

Anyway, boring mystery series with so far dumb characters. Done with this if the crime solving aspect stays this dull.
>Detective Conan

watch out we got an elitist over here
Oct 8, 2015 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
Great start, best of the season i've seen thus far.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 8, 2015 10:19 AM

Oct 2007
Much better way to start a work list than Aldnoah.Zero, though they just assisted on that. Much better initial impression of the cast though they of course have work to do, pretty much no CGI/2D awkwardness (You could really tell which parts A-1 worked on and which parts Troyca worked on with Aldnoah), and MUCH better music. The show would have been much less enjoyable with some chick shrieking over the key moments.

That said there was virtually no challenge or misdirection for Sakurako, though it's the first episode and lots of these kinds of shows are like "check out this genius" in their premieres as a sort of hook so I'll give it time for things to develop. If it just tries to play it where she always has the answer just by quickly examining things and there's no room for doubt or need outside inspiration and everyone just tries to follow along it'll be pretty boring. The only reason I would worry about that being the case is I believe this is based on a Light Novel where they have a tendency to do lame things like that. Otherwise solid start.
Oct 8, 2015 10:32 AM

Jan 2013
moodie said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

>Detective Conan

watch out we got an elitist over here

?
Excellent example of a shitty comment that says nothing. Apparently mentioning Conan makes you an elitist now. The murder case in this episode was so dull that the only comparison I found appropriate were Conan fillers.
Oct 8, 2015 10:51 AM

Dec 2014
Pretty interesting, but I hope that it won't get overly repetitive and that they mix it up every once in a while. Things like detective work and such has always interested me though.
Also Sakurasou has her cute side. Nice touch.

Very nice ED as well.
Are you from Japan? Cause I'm trying to get in Japanties.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

143 by SaltyCookie »»
Jun 4, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

169 by SaltyCookie »»
Jun 4, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

211 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

117 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

96 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 28, 3:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.