Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 15, 2015 9:56 PM

Aug 2008
So we will see Ainz go all out next?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 15, 2015 10:02 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
In this episode suddenly Albedo became attractive, unlike previous episodes which were creepy af. If only she keeps being this way forever~

Finally Momonga would face a worthy opponent for the first time in this anime.

It's really unfortunate about Shalltear, at least I hope she would put a great fight next episode, unlike Momon's previous opponents before.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 15, 2015 10:12 PM

Sep 2013
Paul said:
Oh man, does Ainz have a item for everything or something? He could probably solve world hunger with something in his sleeve.

He spend his summer bonus for lottery tickets for a game prize XD
The guy pretty much lives for the game, or is that an addiction or an obsession?

Don't know about hunger but he can solve world thirst with his infinite water producing flask :P
Sep 15, 2015 10:23 PM
Oct 2011
tucodon said:
jaxjaxk said:
i think a lot of people missed something. i do believe this is the first time Momonga flat out killed someone that he did not have to kill. ( the adventure)

you might think that's a small thing but remember that he has not killed anyone that was not threatening the peace up till now.

Nope, the reason got skipped in the anime.
Well it's true he got in Ainz's way however he definitely wasn't someone "threatening the peace" so that is correct in that sense, it's the first time.
Sep 15, 2015 10:45 PM

Apr 2013
The transition from guild meeting to that dude getting killed by Momon's crew was badly executed. Felt rushed too. This is going from an 8 to a 7 real quick.
Sep 15, 2015 11:28 PM

Aug 2013
Momonga shown quite emotion in this episode, especially when interacting with Pandora's Actor, what a really flamboyant personality, this was only the prelude of the battle, I'm looking forward to see this fight soon ..
Sep 15, 2015 11:51 PM

Mar 2012
Kill her? What will we ever do without our goth lolita vampire D:
Sep 16, 2015 12:05 AM

Aug 2008
Oh yeah, I like the stare Albedo and Yuri give to Pandora's Actor.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 16, 2015 12:36 AM
Jul 2015
kinda disappointedt because no action, a lot of talking and corny drama between albedo and ainz but yeah i get it, that episode was getting us ready for the big fight
Sep 16, 2015 1:57 AM

May 2015
what i get in this episode:
if you want to see ainz's past, so look at pandora's actor XD
Sep 16, 2015 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yay, they showed Nabe-chan with her bunny ears~

Edit: Also, Albedo was lovely this ep. Ainz should have given her a hug.
removed-userSep 16, 2015 3:08 AM
Sep 16, 2015 2:22 AM

Aug 2013
Oh the up and coming battle looks interesting.
That drama with Albedo though.. very cute. LOL.
Sep 16, 2015 2:28 AM

Aug 2014
ririchiyomika said:
Can someone who read the novel tell me if he actually killed Shalltear? I just need to know!

Sep 16, 2015 3:18 AM

Jun 2015
Ok Pandora's actor... was that really supposed to be german :D

Cause srsly even engrish is much closer to the actual language than him speaking "german", but then again what else can be expected of Japanese trying to pronounce a foreign language properly ^^
Sep 16, 2015 4:42 AM

Nov 2008
The moment Pandora's Actor spoke I fucking knew it was Mamoru Miyano. I was on the couch crying from laughing so hard because Actor may as well have been Tsukiyama different outfit.
Sep 16, 2015 5:10 AM
Dec 2014
Well another great ep and Pandora's Actor seen was hilarious Mamoru Miyano great as always love this guy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 5:30 AM

May 2014
Who is Shizu ? (Anime only)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2015 6:54 AM

Jul 2015
Hmmm. Ainz and friends actually slaughtered adventurers....

Getting mix signals here....

But in conclusion, in this new world's perspective, ainz nd friends are a bunch of psychopaths....

If its going in this direction, itd be less attractive to watch....

I'll just be on observing mode still...
Sep 16, 2015 7:05 AM
Oct 2011
Lucasloco91 said:
Who is Shizu ? (Anime only)
She's one of the Pleiades- the automata maid who's very knowledgeable about Nazaricks security system and its mechanism unlocking methods.
Sep 16, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2008
animeBee1ver said:

But in conclusion, in this new world's perspective, ainz nd friends are a bunch of psychopaths....

He told them not to come and that they would die. Their fault for not listening
Sep 16, 2015 7:10 AM

Jun 2013
Pandora's Actor is fucking weird dude *cough* nazi *cough*
Sep 16, 2015 7:44 AM

Feb 2015
So this episode is telling us that , the red armored knight in the OP was

And i found interesting guy in this episode.
Sep 16, 2015 8:53 AM

Jul 2008
More world items in the hands of others, this should be interesting. Sad that all the guild members are no longer here and Momonga is all by himself in a sense.
Sep 16, 2015 9:18 AM

Aug 2012
Nice trap by Momon's group. I want to pet Mare's head and say : "Yosh yosh, good job." ( ´Д`)ノ(´>ω<`)

I didn't understand what to be ashamed of from Pandora's Actor. He's a funny and great guy, his name suggested that. Also able to spoke in German was a plus. Beside he's quite strong, isn't he..!?

Quite a drama near the end between Albedo and Momonga. Shalltear shall be faced by the Big Boss himself meaning we won't get to see Nazarick's guardians in action, or would we..!?? ( ̄▽ ̄ )
Sep 16, 2015 9:29 AM

Dec 2013
Ehh, after such a long streak of amazing episodes, this one is a downer. The flow of events felt abrupt. Didn't really get why our gang killed that dude. Plus that conversation between Ainz and Albedo was handled poorly, felt too a bit too long.
Sep 16, 2015 10:18 AM

Apr 2008
robis798 said:
Ehh, after such a long streak of amazing episodes, this one is a downer. The flow of events felt abrupt. Didn't really get why our gang killed that dude. Plus that conversation between Ainz and Albedo was handled poorly, felt too a bit too long.

Because Shaltear's existence must remain a secret if she is to still be eligible for covert missions. And because they ignored his warning.
Sep 16, 2015 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
Dragleones said:

The floor guardians are all lvl 100 and have relativly high gear.

TobinamiSep 16, 2015 11:20 AM

Sep 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2014
Yeah, lots of talking but the mausoleum was really cool, too bad we might not see Ainz comrades (yet)
Ainz killing that dude and his friends was really brutal but I really like that he has no remorse doing stuff like that, truly an Overlord to behold

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this was quite an episode...

It was mostly dedicated of a buildup to hunt down Shaltear. Then, there's this guy whom I find to be amusing:

It looks like Albedo also shows some of her more vulnerable side.
Some decent on-screen chemistry between her and Ainz.

Seriously best side character ever, I hope we see more of him though there are only 2 eps. left.
Sep 16, 2015 4:42 PM

Jul 2015
Darklight0303 said:
animeBee1ver said:

He told them not to come and that they would die. Their fault for not listening

Hehehe. Wow... amazing...
Sep 16, 2015 6:52 PM

Mar 2012
To be fair, they really don't give a dam about humans in the first place since they're undead. The only reason people didn't die in other occasions was because they were either needed as pawns for one of Ainz's plans or he didn't see them as a hindrance. If it were up to the rest of them a lot more people would be dead, just look at Shalltear's killing spree as an example.

In this case, the adventurer was being a pain in the ass and keep ignoring Ainz's warnings to back off. Not really surprising that he killed them since they would've interfered with his plans and refused to back out.
Sep 16, 2015 8:45 PM

Feb 2011
Skyzzed said:
Damnit, and here I was looking forward to Nigredo :/

Well then, I'm glad I'll have something to look forward to when I finally start reading. I'm patient, even when it comes to interesting stories such as this. Maybe too patient for my own good actually. -_-
ReloadSep 16, 2015 9:55 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Sep 17, 2015 1:52 AM
Dec 2013
REally great ep! Sucks a few parts were left out but nothing that important. Can't wait to see the next eps!
And that no NIgredo tho.. what the heck.. And also wanted to see Shizu..
Alluka-ChamaSep 17, 2015 1:57 AM
Sep 17, 2015 2:46 AM
Oct 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
To be fair, they really don't give a dam about humans in the first place since they're undead. The only reason people didn't die in other occasions was because they were either needed as pawns for one of Ainz's plans or he didn't see them as a hindrance. If it were up to the rest of them a lot more people would be dead, just look at Shalltear's killing spree as an example.

In this case, the adventurer was being a pain in the ass and keep ignoring Ainz's warnings to back off. Not really surprising that he killed them since they would've interfered with his plans and refused to back out.

They would die either way as long as they jcome along. Shalltear will obliterate them. Ainz just took the most efficient path.
Sep 17, 2015 4:29 AM

Aug 2015
Episode felt rushed. Hope the fight is good.
Sep 17, 2015 4:47 AM
Dec 2010
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It was mostly dedicated of a buildup to hunt down Shaltear. Then, there's this guy whom I find to be amusing:

is that the same voice actor ad okabe from steins gate ?

Sep 17, 2015 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully the fight will make up for the rushed job in this episode.

aos10 said:
Stark700 said:

Yes he is, both are voiced by Miyano Mamoru
Sep 17, 2015 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
Shin_Yagami said:
I didn't understand what to be ashamed of from Pandora's Actor. He's a funny and great guy, his name suggested that. Also able to spoke in German was a plus. Beside he's quite strong, isn't he..!?

I'm guessing he's a bit embarrassed about him since he created Pandora's Actor based on what his younger self thought was cool, and looking at it now, makes him question what the Hell was he thinking. ^^

As for if he's strong or not...

Sep 17, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
barmar said:
But you know the funny thing is- how did they even find Shalltear without Nigredo? Even without showing her they could've at least added a line like"Thanks to Nigredo we found out her location" or something similar.

It would have been more confusing to hear a name with no face to attach to it. Without them actually making a point that it would be difficult to find Shalltear, the anime-only viewer really has no reason to doubt Momonga's ability to somehow track his wayward vampire loli.

Between knowing where he sent Sebas and Shalltear on the mission and learning the general location where the vampire was spotted, and being able to fly, and having who knows what spells/items under his belt...? It never occurred to me that he would have any trouble finding Shalltear; that the actual trouble would instead be resolving the issue with no witnesses.
Sep 17, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
DeeIsMe said:
That Mamoru Miyano greatness. Always queef when I hear that iconic voice.
Yeah he makes any character 10x better
🗿

I am easily entertained.

Sep 17, 2015 1:48 PM
Oct 2011
CNagy said:
barmar said:
But you know the funny thing is- how did they even find Shalltear without Nigredo? Even without showing her they could've at least added a line like"Thanks to Nigredo we found out her location" or something similar.

It would have been more confusing to hear a name with no face to attach to it. Without them actually making a point that it would be difficult to find Shalltear, the anime-only viewer really has no reason to doubt Momonga's ability to somehow track his wayward vampire loli.

Between knowing where he sent Sebas and Shalltear on the mission and learning the general location where the vampire was spotted, and being able to fly, and having who knows what spells/items under his belt...? It never occurred to me that he would have any trouble finding Shalltear; that the actual trouble would instead be resolving the issue with no witnesses.
While that may be true it would have been less confusing than the current scene Imo,some people got that awkward vibe as well,but I guess it depends.
thebrentinator24 said:

I'm not even reading the LN but that really stood out to me. One second, Momonga and Albedo are walking then boom, very next scene, they're in front of Shalltear.
They just had to mention how they located her is all,like what did he use? spell?Item? Would've made it less awkward.
+Nigredo is an important character, especially her abilities. They could've just mentioned that and be done with it,that even would've been better for advertising's sake since the viewers would have a new charecter to look forward to.

Shalltear strayed quite far from the "general location", never mind the hideout which only sebas heard of,while panicking she further ventured into the forest.
Btw Sebas doesn't even know Shalltear betrayed them at that time. Ainz simply uses him as a bait to lure out whoever attacked Shalltear by not giving him the world class item which he gave to every other guardian for countering mind control.
barmarSep 18, 2015 1:13 AM
Sep 17, 2015 6:45 PM

Jul 2015
Blankbite said:
Avenger-senpai said:

They would die either way as long as they jcome along. Shalltear will obliterate them. Ainz just took the most efficient path.

the scene took light of that encounter, so some viewers think it was nothing to fret about. But when I see a character, important or not, it's normal to assume they have their own lives, dependent, relationship, etcetera.

When someone comes in your turf, saying you better not go cause you're not good enough, what would be your reaction. With high bounty at stake, and the words came from someone with a rickety built reputation, how would you feel?

there are a number of ways to incapacitate them into not going through the mission, but since the leader of this adventurer disrespected ainz, the writer must've felt it's okay to kill him, as well as his members, people similar to his, ainz, teammates who got slaughtered. Though more efficient, ainz's action is the same as clementine.

ainz humanity was hazy to me. past episodes show him being embarrassed, goes melancholy when thinking 'bout his co-players and with him saving people, he'd come and say it's for the plan, so it was a not sure thing, add that when he brought it up, when he said he was troubled if he'd stay the same, human characters. But it was made clear here, when he killed them.

Don't know about you but i see that to make an engaging story, characters in it must be relatable, and since this series is about the overlord, I was observant to him. So here's the thing, the way i see it, the less humanity ainz has retained, the less engaging the story is to me. Maybe some aspects of the series could make up for that, but i'd just like to put it out.
Sep 17, 2015 7:51 PM

Mar 2012
Same as Clementine? What? Last I remember Clementine killed and tortured people out of joy because she was a sick and twisted character. The closest one to Clementine in Ainz's group would be Shalltear but that's mostly due to being a vampire, not a psycho murderer. Ainz on the other hand only kills people who get in his way when there doesn't seem to be any other option.

So far these people have been "bad guys" so people didn't think twice about them getting killed but there really isn't a rule that says it just applies to murderers. People can't forget that Ainz and co are villains, not the knights in shining armor good guys. Got that right off the bat when he saw with his crystal ball that a village was being pillaged and responded by saying it wasn't his problem. The only reason he helped them was to find out more about the world.

I think the problem with Ainz acting humane is that he doesn't want to lose his follower's trust. He's trying to be the leader they envision him to be while being "merciful" whenever he can. The game itself also plays a role in controlling his emotions by attempting to keep him calm whenever he gets too upset or nervous. I'm assuming it also causes him to be a bit cold hearted at times due to being an undead.

I do agree that I wasn't a fan of the way the adventurer was handled but it really shouldn't be something that would surprise people. As has been already mentioned they are villains. His group are undead who despise humans and think of them as lower lifeforms. You can say there could've been another way to stop him but was there really? I doubt he really had the time to come up with a way so that the adventurer wouldn't go off on his own without bringing suspicion upon himself.

In the end it was jealousy that brought death upon him and unfortunately his group. If anyone here is to blame it's pretty much the adventurer himself, not Ainz. I also wasn't a fan of Shalltear's rampage in the bandit hideout which lead to adventurers getting killed but it in her case it was due to all the blood driving her crazy.
Sep 18, 2015 7:19 AM

Jun 2010
As a recent reader of the LN, who started reading it after watching the anime... I must say I do kind of regret now only noticing all the 'rushed' scenes... it makes it all the more obvious now.

Especially with the scene in the Adventurers Guild, and the scenes leading up to that annoying whatshisname's adventurer death (and his party). Super fast and I felt kind of lost... wondering where everything went... but I guess they did sort of get all the key points out... but I think an extra minute or two more here would of made it all more coherent...and why he deserved to die in the first place. That adventurer was supposed to be a jealous asshole but it skipped that buildup of his character... but I guess he's insignificant.. but would of been nice to see those parts though.

But they did make it up with the Pandora's Actor... it's so funny that Ains' "undead-self-emotion-limiting-aura" kept hilariously going off.. and the facepalming lol. He truly was embarrassed with his creation... :D

The best scene was later at the end though... which was Albedo's emotional scene and my favorite part in the LN. Brought a tear to my eye.. her VA' is really good and brought that scene to life... its pretty much everything I expected here when I've read that part in my head.

.. and oh yeah Nigredo(sp?) did a Peter Jackson's Tom Bombadil... MIA? Though I'm not sure if this is before or after going by the extreme pacing which has left me a little confused still.. they were supposed to use her magic to locate Shalltear? -_-;

Overall pretty happy with it. 4/5.

Bring on #12!
WallenwhatsitSep 18, 2015 7:29 AM

Sep 18, 2015 7:50 AM

Jun 2013
xcess090 said:
Hopefully the fight will make up for the rushed job in this episode.

aos10 said:

Yes he is, both are voiced by Miyano Mamoru

Light as well.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 18, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2008
Can Albedo defeat Shalter? I thought Albedo is the strongest NPC in Nazarick.

Sep 18, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2008
Zapredon said:
Can Albedo defeat Shalter? I thought Albedo is the strongest NPC in Nazarick.

Albedo is the Tank specialist in Nazarick. So defense is her forte. She just administers all of the guardians.

Shaltear's roll was like a wavebreaker against invaders. With ludicrous stats, as well as the ability to use her summons to heal herself in a crisis her endurance is off the charts.
Sep 18, 2015 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
YOOOOOOOOOOO

AINZ is an anagram of NAZI

:O :O :O
Sep 18, 2015 8:23 AM

Apr 2008
ichii_1 said:
YOOOOOOOOOOO

AINZ is an anagram of NAZI

:O :O :O

Now just decipher the other two words.
Sep 18, 2015 8:45 AM

Nov 2011
Sourire said:
The transition from guild meeting to that dude getting killed by Momon's crew was badly executed. Felt rushed too. This is going from an 8 to a 7 real quick.

Well i wouldn't even have cared if they didn't include that part since with the adjustments it seems pretty useless (not that that scene very important to begin with)

I just wanted to see Nigredo...

Jesus Christ it was one of the best scene of the LN and it dissapeared in a smoke screen... I'm doomed.
Sep 18, 2015 8:53 AM
Mar 2014
>pandora's actor voiced by mamoru miyano
Y
E
S
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.