Which side are you?
Left
37.1%
Right
40.7%
Don't care.
22.1%
140 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 26, 2015 1:46 PM
Jul 2015
im a southpaw republican i yah it can get anoying im right but im probably the only active republican politician in my state that doesnt care what or who you like so i always get outvoted in any council meeting i go to and so that kinda gets me mad at my own side especially when they look at me as if im some 20 year old punk its like oh sorry im probably the only young republican politician in your entire county that can actually influence a generation under 40 years old gah!!
theres two tthins i cant live without eggnog and anime
Jul 26, 2015 1:48 PM

May 2014
2 sides of the same fucking coin
Jul 26, 2015 1:52 PM
Jun 2015
Jul 26, 2015 1:54 PM

Sep 2014
Commie or die.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Jul 26, 2015 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
where is option for communism?>
Aha, a comrade. Let us discuss how to equally share this loaf of bread I found in the back of a cupboard.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Jul 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
kodei said:
hoopla123 said:
where is option for communism?>
Aha, a comrade. Let us discuss how to equally share this loaf of bread I found in the back of a cupboard.

Give it to me and I'll give you a fair share.
Jul 26, 2015 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
kodei said:

No. I want half.
Jul 26, 2015 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
kodei said:
hoopla123 said:

No. I want half.

You're not a true communist.
Jul 26, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2011
hoopla123 said:
kodei said:
No. I want half.

Not sure if it's intended but this is clever.
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Jul 26, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2013
NekkoArc said:
hoopla123 said:

You think I'm stupid? Obviously it's intended duh.
Jul 26, 2015 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
I ascribe to holy mammothivism. We need less bi-partisan politics and more spirit mammoths!

Jul 26, 2015 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
hoopla123 said:
NekkoArc said:

I guess I was wrong all along!
incisorr said:
i love it when people start acting like some neutral almighty unbiased godly judge and they even believe their own shit, suddenly its not their thoughts and opinions anymore but the righteous justice god way, they are unbiased, non-subjective, they just are! To be honest, everyone is like this quite often, me included, but i don't forget myself and i still post a lot of personal shit which is what forums are made for , if they didn't want us to have our own style and posts it would be an article instead a forum thread.
Jul 26, 2015 3:54 PM

Sep 2014
NekkoArc said:
hoopla123 said:

You are the one that is not true you said "A fair share" we must split everything absolutely equally. Now that there are three of us we must have a third each.
Jul 26, 2015 7:53 PM

May 2015
NekkoArc said:
TheBrainintheJar, while I agree the political dichotomy promotes "jumping on the bandwagon" and the various ill-uses. It's useful in that it at least roughly sketches the person's political values.

And yeah, the whole point is making it simple.

It doesn't make it simple. It's an oversimplication. It tries to take Big Subjects, make them easy to understand and that only leads to frustration once you deal with them.

It's not useful at all. Some people call me a radical leftist, others a fascist, genocidal right-winger. The only way to know a person's political values is to actually ask him. Left/Right are thought-terminating shortcuts.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 27, 2015 1:16 AM

Nov 2011
left, cause im left handed
Jul 27, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2011
Fascist and kitten killer here.
Jul 27, 2015 1:46 AM

Dec 2013
Libertarian, so... neither.

FGAU1912 said:
Fuck the far right and the far left i good leftist polictaian works for the working man and backs the unions whle the right bakc only the 1% tax the lower and middle class

There us power in a union side not the us was founded on leftist principles too

what is the first line

"we hold these truths be be self evident that all men are created equal"

how eglantine and leftist can you be hell even the 1st amanetment is leftist secularism

America was founded on libertarian ideals, not liberal ones.
MorsPulchraJul 27, 2015 1:50 AM
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jul 27, 2015 1:54 AM

Jun 2012
LIBERALS ARE IDIOTS. In Australia Liberals are the right-wing party.
Jul 27, 2015 2:12 AM

Aug 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:
NekkoArc said:
TheBrainintheJar, while I agree the political dichotomy promotes "jumping on the bandwagon" and the various ill-uses. It's useful in that it at least roughly sketches the person's political values.

It doesn't make it simple. It's an oversimplication. It tries to take Big Subjects, make them easy to understand and that only leads to frustration once you deal with them.

It's not useful at all. Some people call me a radical leftist, others a fascist, genocidal right-winger. The only way to know a person's political values is to actually ask him. Left/Right are thought-terminating shortcuts.
Anyone sensible who doesn't jump to conclusions know that political stances are rough estimates, and there are exceptions to the rule. I may support moderate welfare, that doesn't mean I'm progressive given my other views.
incisorr said:
Jul 27, 2015 2:24 AM

Aug 2011
-hydro said:
The word liberal which I mentioned briefly in my previous posts encompasses "radically" different views. Historically, there were two conceptions of liberty, the "positive" and the "negative". Read the paper "Two concepts of liberty" delivered in Oxford University by the liberal philosopher Isiah Berlin for elaboration.

But simply put for the sake of simplicity in the common political discourses: Right wing liberalism is libertarianism. Ex national liberalism. Left wing liberalism is social liberalism, these political ideologies are based on different notions of liberty, even though you could argue that it's just two sides to the same coin, the discernment is still meaningful in that they prompt people to support different policies to advance liberty.
incisorr said:
Jul 27, 2015 3:26 AM

Feb 2015
-hydro said:

Both main parties we have are sane about things like immigration, so I don't really pick a side.
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Jul 27, 2015 3:40 AM

Jan 2015
-hydro said:
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jul 27, 2015 3:41 AM

Sep 2014
Whig
Jul 27, 2015 5:17 AM

Jan 2015
kodei said:
Whig
they are dead
Jul 27, 2015 5:47 AM

Oct 2013
Um... I don't fap, so I don't know what this is all about...

TheBrainintheJar said:
NekkoArc said:

Someone I can listen to.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jul 27, 2015 5:58 AM

Mar 2014
Veronin said:
The closer you are to centre, the more intelligent and informed you probably are.
^Basically this, although I would probably be slightly on the left if we are going by American standards

Too bad all of Sweden's leading/popular political parties are either too much on the left or the right wing and our politicians are behaving like a bunch of kids fighting about a spade in a sandbox instead of actually trying to solve the problems
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jul 27, 2015 5:59 AM

Oct 2012
i only use my right hand for masturbation

other than that i do believe i'm a leftie

oh right politics

neither or a balance of both

Jul 27, 2015 6:12 AM

Apr 2013
There is a spectrum. It's not black and white left and right there are center, center-right, center-left etc.
Jul 27, 2015 8:17 AM

Sep 2014
Karadzic said:
kodei said:
Whig
they are dead
Guess I'll start a Neo-Whig party then.
Jul 27, 2015 8:24 AM

Feb 2015
By the name of Justice, I shall sentence both side to death.

*Thanks mate
Jul 27, 2015 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
Rydiaz said:
By the name of Justice, I shall sentenced both side to death.
*sentence
Jul 27, 2015 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
I'm more or less a liberal with libertarian ideals. No, not conservative ideas, but libertarian.
Jul 27, 2015 11:52 AM

May 2015
NekkoArc said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Anyone sensible who doesn't jump to conclusions know that political stances are rough estimates, and there are exceptions to the rule. I may support moderate welfare, that doesn't mean I'm progressive given my other views.

That's the problem. They make a rough estimate, which means they'll have to go through a process of unlearning because left and right don't explain enough. They don't tell you the depth of someone's opinion, what's his reasoning and other such things. Asking about a specific topic gives you a person's view and his reasons. So why take shortcuts that are foggy, and will leave you with conclusions you'll need to unlearn?
Jul 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
kodei said:
NekkoArc said:
You are the one that is not true you said "A fair share" we must split everything absolutely equally. Now that there are three of us we must have a third each.

Well Neko is a capitalist pig. We don't need to share shit with him.
Jul 27, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
hoopla123 said:
kodei said:

Well Neko is a capitalist pig. We don't need to share shit with him.
You are wise of mind my friend. I hereby decree no loli for Neko.
Jul 27, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
I've got a lot of both left and right wing views. Leaning too much toward one of the two sides is very dangerous as far as I'm concerned.
Take care of yourself

Oct 10, 2015 1:52 AM
Oct 2015
I feel according with the sides on which though you should go sometimes
Oct 10, 2015 1:54 AM
Feb 2014
Whatever the opposite of what the bitch in my navigation system in my car tells me.

Also I lost at least 37 brain cells reading 3 pages. Thanks for being worse than the navigation lady guys.
AqutanOct 10, 2015 1:58 AM
Oct 10, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2015
Nico- said:
Whatever the opposite of what the bitch in my navigation system in my car tells me.

Also I lost at least 37 brain cells reading 3 pages. Thanks for being worse than the navigation lady guys.

This comment is good for the brain cells, though. I like this joke and will spread it around.
Oct 10, 2015 1:17 PM

May 2015
Telemac said:
What about you?

Oh, I don't know.
Oct 10, 2015 2:01 PM
Feb 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Nico- said:

This comment is good for the brain cells, though. I like this joke and will spread it around.

Good news is I got 3 back while typing it, 34 more to go!
Oct 10, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2015
Haven't read through the thread but you need to look into the way both left and right are used TOGETHER to subjugate

Look into the 'left-right paradigm' There is a hiiden hand pulling the strings of both political sides - The elite families NEVER gamble - they buy off both sides.

Basic description of how the left right paradigm works would be a descrioption of a soccer player - he wouldn't get very far on one leg!

A clue would be in how when the opposition party regains power they very rarely reverse the poloicies that the opposition put in place, and nowadays they often increase them - an example being Obama's not only keeping the policies that infrimge upon the civil liberties of Americans but he actually increased them, gave more power to the NSA etc - not a very left wing thing to do at all really

Democracy is a Sham if 51% of a population votes right the other 49% of the population are governed by their supposed opposite - So even if it worked the way it is supposed to it is still very unfair to a huge section of the population.

What Democracy really is is becoming more and more obvious by the day - It is the facilitation of a corporate fascism, where companies like monsanto are basically in charge of the people you thought were in charge.

Who is Obama's boss? It's meant to be the American people, but I can assure you it isn't.
Oct 10, 2015 3:34 PM

Sep 2009
Telemac said:
I used to be a leftist but seriously, stuff like feminism and such shit seriously sickens me. And the fact that you can kill 77 people in my country and just get 21 years in prison thanks to far left bullshit is just ugh.

Feminists are liberals.

You can be left wing, or you can be a liberal. Pick one.

Veronin said:
The closer you are to centre, the more intelligent and informed you probably are.

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. Considering which political ideology you support tends to depend on your moral values, you will find people of all levels of intelligence supporting certain ideologies. I can perhaps concede that people who are closer to the centre are perhaps more pragmatic than people who are radical, but that isn't proof of greater intelligence.

Veronin said:
Both the far left and the far right are equally terrible, though the left is a lot more annoying since they don't know how to shut up.

I think this is probably more of a reflection of the company you keep than anything else. Both sides of the political spectrum are vocal. Though I suppose one reason you might perceive the left wing to be louder is that the right tend to defend the status quo (hence they are called Conservatives) and no-one needs to exert themselves for that unless it is threatened.

Veronin said:
At least the ignorant religious wackos on the right largely keep to themselves and their family rather than cry on Tumblr or whatever kids do these days.

So you're evaluating the state of politics using a website who's main demographic is not even of voting age?

You don't think that might be a rather flawed approach?

Veronin said:
Honestly, I'll probably be getting out of North America after university and moving some place in Asia where there are less idiots.

Do you honestly believe that there will not be idiots in Asia? Perhaps you will find people who have opinions that are closer to your own, but you will not find them to be any more intelligent. Furthermore you may find that social etiquette in Asia is not to your liking or that there are things about America you didn't appreciate before.

I'm saying this from experience.

Veronin said:
I hate to pull the weeaboo card, but Japan has the right idea when it comes to politics and social issues, even if they aren't necessarily the most accepting of dirty white people like myself.

You really think so?

• Poor economy since the late 1980s
  • Liberal Democratic Party has been in power for 55 years out of the last 60.
  • 8 Prime Ministers in the last 15 years
  • Crippling bureaucracy

I'm really curious by what measures you consider Japanese politics to be superior to American politics... and I say that as someone who thinks the US system is basically engineered to restrict political change.

Spooks_McBones said:
If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.

- Winston Churchill

Having lost his faith, he thinks he has found his reason.

TheBrainintheJar said:
Anyone who takes the left/right dichotomy seriously probably has nothing of worth to say about politics.

Does that include all politicians, political scientists, most economists, sociologists...?

TheBrainintheJar said:
The problem with this division is that it creates two rival teams.

But there are a multitude of different teams. Sure, in most places there are only a few who dominate but that's usually because the political system is usually geared to make that inevitable.

TheBrainintheJar said:
The objective becomes not to solve a problem (what will be best for the economy/what is economical prosperity) but to defeat the opposite team.

The problem with what you're saying here is that it's seldom that straightforward. There are almost always a number of different ways to solve a given problem, the consequences of which will affect different people in different ways, and politics is basically the process by which it's decided who gets the short end of the stick.

To give a simple example, we need to construct a new highway. Are we going to raise the revenue for it by:
1. Taxing the highest earning tax-bracket at an increased rate
2. Introducing a poll tax (everyone is taxed the same amount)
3. Open the project to private investment who can charge people to use the highway

All do the job, but which method is the best depends on your opinions. If you think people should pay in accordance with what they can afford, you want option A. If you think everyone should pay the same regardless of status then B. If you think that such decisions are not for governments to make, then you pick option 3.

TheBrainintheJar said:
Then one opinion becomes associated with one side, and so if you agree with it appears you're siding with the enemy.

Well usually parties adopt stances based on their general principles, so that is not something which happens all that frequently on serious issues. When it does, the party might split or different factions will exist within the party. Usually the specific issue is not deemed important enough to stick one's neck out over and they just fall in line.

But even then, the party may not insist that members vote in accordance with the party's stance: there may be an open vote. This is common for issues which have no clear ideological bearing: abortion, euthanasia etc.

TheBrainintheJar said:
That's why it's so dangerous to associate feminism and gay rights with left or free market with the right.

Well feminism and gay rights do not have a clear ideological connection to the Left. However since the Left wing has traditionally been the defendants of oppressed groups which is why they are connected.

Part of the problem is that left wing economic policy has begun to resemble right wing economic policy since the collapse of the Soviet Union. This is starting to change with politicians like Jeremy Corbyn, Bernie Sanders and others though.

The connection between the free market and the right wing on the other hand is not tangential. It's a fundamental part of economic Liberalism which is the basis of the right wing.

TheBrainintheJar said:
You're not letting people choose these ideas because they agree with them, but you force them on people depending on the team they choose.

But people do choose to be on a team, and doing it any other way would make the system difficult to work with. If everyone is acting as a completely free agent, how would it be possible to organise something like a state or a government? Particularly given the economy's need for stability to function effectively.

TheBrainintheJar said:
It's also a simplifcation. I see people who, instead of asking 'what's your opinion about letting eggplants talk?' just ask whether you're leftist or rightist. As if such a label can sum up a person's view of various topics.

I understand the sentiment and there is an unfortunate tendency of people becoming too attached to political labels and people making their views fit their party rather than the party fit their views. But I think the only viable solution is to encourage people to think for themselves and listen to people who they disagree with. But in the end it's not so important if some people are complete tribalists, because the parties will be led by people who do think for themselves.

MorsPulchra said:

America was founded on libertarian ideals, not liberal ones.

Well, this is just plain historically inaccurate.

What has happened is that modern Libertarians have looked at what the founding fathers wrote, found that it bears some resemblance to their own modern ideology and then claimed that the founding fathers were Libertarians themselves.

Even if we imagine that modern Libertarianism was based entirely on the writings of the founding fathers, that would not make them Libertarians: for the same reason that Jesus Christ is not 'Christian' but 'Jewish'. And this is to say nothing of the fact that Libertarianism was a left-wing idea at the time. Or the positions adopted by the founding fathers which are contradictory to Libertarianism, like slavery.

The fact is that the founding fathers were Liberals, and Liberal ideology has been the dominant force in the United States and most of the Western world ever since. Their influence permeates through all the political parties, even the Communist party. They are more or less the starting point for what would eventually become Capitalism.

The other important thing to remember is that the Constitution was minimalist for a reason. They attempted to limit it as much as possible so that future governments would be able to make changes where necessary, while maintaining protections for the most basic rights. The suggestion that introducing more rights is an infringement of the wishes of the founding fathers is contradicted by the 9th amendment.
AnnoKanoOct 10, 2015 4:21 PM
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Oct 10, 2015 4:30 PM

Jan 2015
Detroit_Iron said:
Karadzic said:
they are dead
Guess I'll start a Neo-Whig party then.
stop being commie first
Oct 10, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2009
bakanonbaka said:
Haven't read through the thread but you need to look into the way both left and right are used TOGETHER to subjugate

Yet there have been plenty of occasions in history when those in power have been overthrown by those who were previously subjugated. One would have a hard time applying this model to the Russian Revolution, or the end of Apartheid.

bakanonbaka said:
Look into the 'left-right paradigm' There is a hiiden hand pulling the strings of both political sides - The elite families NEVER gamble - they buy off both sides.

And how does the power of these elite families manifest itself outside of the state? Do they possess private armies or some means of forcing elected officials to do their bidding?

bakanonbaka said:
Basic description of how the left right paradigm works would be a descrioption of a soccer player - he wouldn't get very far on one leg!

But the analogy of two different armies fighting in a war is equally valid.

bakanonbaka said:
A clue would be in how when the opposition party regains power they very rarely reverse the poloicies that the opposition put in place, and nowadays they often increase them - an example being Obama's not only keeping the policies that infrimge upon the civil liberties of Americans but he actually increased them, gave more power to the NSA etc - not a very left wing thing to do at all really

Well I wouldn't call Obama terribly left wing to begin with, but even so, Obama does not have absolute power. He has to contend with the constitution, the senate, congress, the supreme court, the civil service, his party, the various bodies that actually enforce the law, and countermeasures against the actions of other foreign leaders.

His strings are being pulled, not by some ominous body, but the competing demands of everything which surrounds him.

bakanonbaka said:
Democracy is a Sham if 51% of a population votes right the other 49% of the population are governed by their supposed opposite - So even if it worked the way it is supposed to it is still very unfair to a huge section of the population.

Which is why many people think the electoral system should be reformed. At least they do here.

bakanonbaka said:
What Democracy really is is becoming more and more obvious by the day - It is the facilitation of a corporate fascism, where companies like monsanto are basically in charge of the people you thought were in charge.

This is where you turn a completely reasonable opinion -that the United States government is lobbied by corporate interests who have an unfair amount of influence on the democratic process- into a conspiracy theory. Monsanto does not control the US Government; they do not have any firepower. Furthermore since Obama has now won his second term he no longer needs to maintain their support, supposing that Monsanto actually do lobby him the first place.

bakanonbaka said:
Who is Obama's boss? It's meant to be the American people, but I can assure you it isn't.

No, Obama is the boss, it's just the position is a lot more ineffectual than one might imagine it to be.

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."

Oct 11, 2015 11:27 AM

Sep 2015
@AnnoKano

Why so insistent in defending the establishment status quo?

Do you believe the system is fair?

Yes, the elite groups and families have access to private armies, the blackwater group being one example of a huge private pseudo military organization, (often used by governments in places like Iraq)

And of course they hold many of your representatives in their pockets. Often this is done simply by promoting future candidates who are not a threat to them, and suppressing the chances of people who ask difficult questions early on in their career. If someone does happen to rise up the political ladder who is not on board then that person would be subject to bribery, blackmail, threats etc etc, nothing new or fancy uin their methods. If all this fails they have the option of assassination. Go ask JFK how much sway these people have in the US.

You have to ask yourself, to be in the position these groups and families are in, why would they not use the methods outlined here? A sense of chivalry perhaps? Fairness? Gamesmanship? You are very naive if you think this is the case.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

You need to research your federal reserve mate – lol, it's about as federal as federal express :D (hint – its a PRIVATE bank that prints your dollar – again go ask JFK about his plan to scrap the Federal Reserve and issue government greenbacks)

Btw, monsanto was just an example, there are many many corporations involved – research the Bilderberg group, and why your elected officials meet in secret once a year with the CEOs of these groups, along with other members of the aristocracies including various monarchs – one would hope that should give even you a shake :)
Oct 11, 2015 12:53 PM

Sep 2009
bakanonbaka said:

Why so insistent in defending the establishment status quo?

There is a difference between defending the status-quo, and posting a critique of your arguments.

bakanonbaka said:
Do you believe the system is fair?

If I believed the current system was fair I would have defended it. Instead I said that electoral reform was needed. So no, I do not think the system is fair, I just do not agree with some of the criticisms you made.

bakanonbaka said:
Yes, the elite groups and families have access to private armies, the blackwater group being one example of a huge private pseudo military organization, (often used by governments in places like Iraq)

But not the United States of America, which is rather critical for your theory to hold water.

bakanonbaka said:
And of course they hold many of your representatives in their pockets. Often this is done simply by promoting future candidates who are not a threat to them, and suppressing the chances of people who ask difficult questions early on in their career.

The promotion of politicians is certainly a controlled process, but this is true of any other field of employment. Of course politicians will try to promote those who support them or share their views and try to push back people who disagree with them- there are internal power struggles within political parties. Look at the conflict between Boris Johnson and David Cameron in the UK Conservative Party, or the New Labour faction of the British Labour party's efforts to undermine Jeremy Corbyn.

You're not talking to someone who is ignorant of how the system works, you're talking to someone who knows how it works but offers an alternative explanation as to why things happen the way they do.

bakanonbaka said:
If someone does happen to rise up the political ladder who is not on board then that person would be subject to bribery, blackmail, threats etc etc, nothing new or fancy uin their methods. If all this fails they have the option of assassination. Go ask JFK how much sway these people have in the US.

Assassination is certainly an occupational hazard of being president, but what about those occasions when assassination attempts have failed. Someone attempted to shoot Ronald Reagan in 1981 but he went on to serve two separate terms afterward.

bakanonbaka said:
You have to ask yourself, to be in the position these groups and families are in, why would they not use the methods outlined here?

The salient point in my last post was that these families do not have the means to do what you're suggesting.

bakanonbaka said:
A sense of chivalry perhaps? Fairness? Gamesmanship? You are very naive if you think this is the case.

Even if we assume that all leaders of major corporations have fascist beliefs and would be willing to overthrow the US President if necessary, the fact remains that these people do not have command of the US Army.

bakanonbaka said:
"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Indeed, because controlling the money supply means controlling the Capital, which is the means to fund everything which the state does. So if you control the capital, you control the state.

Welcome to critiques of capitalism 101.

bakanonbaka said:
You need to research your federal reserve mate – lol, it's about as federal as federal express :D (hint – its a PRIVATE bank that prints your dollar – again go ask JFK about his plan to scrap the Federal Reserve and issue government greenbacks)

I do not live in the United States. Our money supply is controlled by the Bank of England.

Secondly, instead of telling me to research this stuff myself, provide citations. My signature is intended to be satirical, not a serious suggestion on how to win debates.

bakanonbaka said:
Btw, monsanto was just an example, there are many many corporations involved – research the Bilderberg group, and why your elected officials meet in secret once a year with the CEOs of these groups, along with other members of the aristocracies including various monarchs – one would hope that should give even you a shake :)

I am well aware of the Bilderberg group. Again, it's not surprising that corporate groups hold consultations with governments when all of the developed world operates under Capitalism. It's not some shady secret, it's obvious.

As for keeping what they say there under wraps, well i don't doubt for a second they say things which are vulgar or immoral there. They do not want to draw even greater attention to inequalities of the system they propagate.

WORKS EVERY TIME!

Oct 11, 2015 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
NudeBear said:
and here i thought it was about right and left handed people.
Oct 11, 2015 1:45 PM

Dec 2011
lolatusenpai said:
2 sides of the same fucking coin

I am left-leaning, but any party in power for too long ends up royally fucking up the country. As long as the conservatives aren't voted into power again, I'm happy.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Do you use or collect fountain pens?

DesuMaiden - 45 minutes ago

12 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you like dancing in September?

Adnash - Sep 21

10 by DesuMaiden »»
8 minutes ago

» If you happened to see a MAL user in real life

GinInYourJuice - Sep 18

43 by Fluffygreygrass »»
31 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Yesterday

27 by Commit_Crime »»
43 minutes ago

» "IT'S KILLING TIME, BABY!"

LenRea - 3 hours ago

5 by Icymatika »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.