Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jul 19, 2015 2:18 PM
Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Paulo27 said:
A-1 should grow some balls then and show this "publisher" who wears the pants in the house.

Who wears the pants? The publisher. Period. Even the writer doesn't have ultimate input.

People forget that animation companies are hired guns in Japan, nothing more, nothing less (Kyoto Animation being an exception since they generally produce their own works).

Scene by scene decisions can be blamed on the production company, and on this I think A-1 is doing an above average job (keeping in mind that they have to make it easy for anime-only viewers), but general decisions about level of violence, character design and the likes are the publishers.

Agree with you 100%.
Jul 19, 2015 2:21 PM
Oct 2012
oldskoolpunk said:
Leilei is presented well in the anime, but her sensei is a dork. She's a combat mage. How could that guy have trained her?

Well, in defense of the guy. Not many 60+ year olds would take having to move out of their house and abandoning their prized possessions with stoic grace.

Japan sees being old as being akin to a second childhood. They have earned the right to act a bit like children, so that is what the sage is doing here. At least at the end he had the good grace to apologize for acting like one.
Jul 19, 2015 6:06 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
This episode got me curious, In that other world, how can the native people there kill the dragon? I mean, even the Japanese Military, who slaughtered over 100000 soldiers with only 10000 only managed to blow the dragon's hand with those weaponry.

Rori, while she has a sexy voice, her character design is unattractive.

...and Lelei, I want to see her using a sniper rifle :>
Her Teacher's tantrum is funny as heck

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jul 19, 2015 6:11 PM
Oct 2012
RayAdha said:
This episode got me curious, In that other world, how can the native people there kill the dragon?

It isn't much of a spoiler, but it is one:
Jul 19, 2015 10:18 PM

Aug 2014
This anime keeps getting better. I love it.

If Evangelion were Rokka no Yuusha the seventh would be Shinji.
Jul 19, 2015 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa Rori was Awesome!!!
Jul 20, 2015 2:08 AM
Oct 2013
HELLSATAN said:
Blankbite said:

Best gif in this thread.

I really hate for they portrayed sage Kato.

I don't like it either, but I find it pretty darn funny.
Jul 20, 2015 5:06 AM
Mar 2010
Rocksterrock said:
LOL this thread tho. To all of you complaining, are you really that upset about there not being enough violence? Are you 12? Blood and Gore don't make an anime. Though then again the users on MAL tend to try and make themselves look more mature by being all edgy. Like literally don't put on every episode thread of this show that there needs to be more violence & blood, I'm sure theres a reason why it was toned down. It's you people that make this website cancer

That aside, really good episode. The scene after the fight with the dragon was beauuuutiful

Seriously calling people who are complaining that the anime that was toned down to the point that it looks like a kid show kids trying to act ask nature you have got to be kidding even the people at ak scan are complaining about the censorship (not s much as here cause they already expected this).

Blankbite said:
HELLSATAN said:

I really hate for they portrayed sage Kato.

I don't like it either, but I find it pretty darn funny.

Yeah, is funny but its just so wrong.
Jul 20, 2015 5:19 AM

Jul 2015
It Was a Nice Episode .. i Like it very much and the funniest moment when Rory get into the car LOL :3 ..
Waiting For the next Episode ..
Fb : Salah.QreNZi
Twitter : @SalahQreNZi
Instagram : salah.qrenzi
♥ . ♥
Jul 20, 2015 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
The only thing that annoyed me in this episode is the unwelcomed joke when everyone comically reprimanded the RPG-wielding guy for suddenly stop to check his bazooka. The whole raiding on the dragon was supposed to be tense and suspenseful i even almost held my breath when they were about to blast him with rocket, but that particular hiccup totally kills the entire scene.
Jul 20, 2015 8:03 AM

Jul 2011
Amiluhur said:
The only thing that annoyed me in this episode is the unwelcomed joke when everyone comically reprimanded the RPG-wielding guy for suddenly stop to check his bazooka. The whole raiding on the dragon was supposed to be tense and suspenseful i even almost held my breath when they were about to blast him with rocket, but that particular hiccup totally kills the entire scene.

you know what foreshadowing is? 'cause this right here is, and was the only way they had to implement it.
Jul 20, 2015 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
foreshadowing? Foreshadowing about what, exactly?
Jul 20, 2015 8:12 AM

Jul 2011
Amiluhur said:
foreshadowing? Foreshadowing about what, exactly?

major spoilers ahead

Jul 20, 2015 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Alright, so it's not yet in the anime and basically has nothing to do with my original post above. So i gotta ask something

kataklism said:
you know what foreshadowing is?

What's this attitude for? Like you questioning my intelligence or something in arrogant manner. It came out of nowhere and very uncalled of.
Jul 20, 2015 8:43 AM

Jul 2011
Amiluhur said:
Alright, so it's not yet in the anime and basically has nothing to do with my original post above. So i gotta ask something

kataklism said:
you know what foreshadowing is?

What's this attitude for? Like you questioning my intelligence or something in arrogant manner. It came out of nowhere and very uncalled of.
i didn't really say it with the intent of offending, but i must say that i tried to say it in a way that you would ask me what it was about, point is, i think that part really was needed and also adds to the realism(it's a big word i know, but most of the works of the manga's author role around militaristic stuff, so i guess he likes a tad of realism that lacks in most other military animes and mangas) the fact they shouted it, it's because he didn't do it sooner, if it was comical was just for a coincidence,and if it "doesn't fit" it's just a personal opinion.
Jul 20, 2015 11:33 AM
Oct 2012
Amiluhur said:

I understand your point about the flow and tension of the scene.

It may help to know that it wasn't really a joke, he screwed up by waiting until that moment to check behind him. That was what everyone else complained about - they all knew better. In a way he did the same thing to them that the scene did to you. Everyone was all geared up for him to shoot, and then he stopped to look behind him (because of the backblast), disrupting THEIR mood.
Jul 20, 2015 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
That was an awesome episode, the fight against the dragon was good and Rori has some badass moves.
Jul 20, 2015 3:45 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't really care for the first episode, but the last two have been pretty good. I just wish they hadn't removed all the blood from Rory's slaughter of the bandits.
Jul 20, 2015 4:59 PM

Jan 2011
Looks like I seriously hate one of the main-ish characters.
It's trying to be funny at times where it shouldn't be.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 20, 2015 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Eh it was decent, Roy was the highlight of the episode for me. She awesome.
Jul 20, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2014
I dont really understand all of this.

People want this anime to be exactly like manga, when they have completely different "requirements" so to say.

People want gore and such things and harp on the makers for censoring it. People, gore does not = realistic. Hell most of the gore i see in anime makes me laugh more than anything else in how its portrayed. You can have a serious story with people dying without guts spilling everywhere.

Makers did really good job giving us the feel of death and such things without that.

In my opinion what this maker did was a lot better than doing those scenes and then blackening the screen for a minute.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Jul 20, 2015 11:38 PM

Jul 2011
tl;dr i don't care about gore, nobody should care about gore, the problem comes when they censor other things that have an impact on characters and plot.
Jul 21, 2015 1:10 AM

Jul 2014
kataklism said:
tl;dr i don't care about gore, nobody should care about gore, the problem comes when they censor other things that have an impact on characters and plot.

An anime doesnt have to be exactly like the manga. Creators will find something else to have an impact on their plot other than rape.

Jul 21, 2015 2:27 PM

Dec 2014
Rory is best girl.
Jul 21, 2015 8:51 PM
Mar 2010
Dextix said:
kataklism said:

An anime doesnt have to be exactly like the manga. Creators will find something else to have an impact on their plot other than rape.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

They could just shown shadows of the basis ripping women clothes that's already a good indication and portrayal of scenario.
Dextix said:
kataklism said:

A picture is worth a thousand words.
They could have just shown a glimpse or maybe shadows of the bandit ripping some clothes off two women then cut the scene that would be enough to give the audience an idea of what transpired and also induce some rage against the bandits.

Also it would have been good to actually shows them attacking that wagon.
Jul 22, 2015 5:36 AM
Jul 2015
"IT NEEDS TO KEEP THE RAPE AND GORE FOR IMPACT"

Probably the stupidest attempt at justification that I've seen. It's fine without.
Jul 22, 2015 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
Rektded said:
"IT NEEDS TO KEEP THE RAPE AND GORE FOR IMPACT"

Probably the stupidest attempt at justification that I've seen. It's fine without.

yeah, that too, impact doesn't matter, especially with gore considering you can still kill a guy without showing off(first rori's kill it's a perfect example)

but as we said so far, rape it's a complete different matter as it can't "be implie" properly, but at least for now it's not too much important, even though still is more than gore.
Jul 22, 2015 5:42 AM

Jul 2014
Rory is GOAT. I prefer her anime design over her manga version. Her voice is perfect. She is just perfect.
"Hi!"
Jul 22, 2015 10:51 PM
Apr 2015
Compare overlord ep 3 to this and you pretty much have a taste of how this adaptation could have been. Now tell me again how without "brutality" you could retell that scene without losing that feeling of dread? At the very least Madhouse didn't tried to punch beside the bushes.
Jul 23, 2015 12:22 AM
Nov 2012
The PV for EP 4 is now available.

The star layout of the JDSF's base is not a symbol. It's a Vauban-style fortress. See Vauban's Neuf-Brisach fortifications. Why? Overlapping fields of fire. No blind spots. No cover for attackers.
Jul 23, 2015 5:21 AM
Mar 2010
oldskoolpunk said:
The PV for EP 4 is now available.

The star layout of the JDSF's base is not a symbol. It's a Vauban-style fortress. See Vauban's Neuf-Brisach fortifications. Why? Overlapping fields of fire. No blind spots. No cover for attackers.

You mean the star fortress design that design was employed even before world war one and there are still some fortress in Europe that still stands to this day.
Jul 23, 2015 7:07 AM

Jul 2014
frenze12 said:
Compare overlord ep 3 to this and you pretty much have a taste of how this adaptation could have been. Now tell me again how without "brutality" you could retell that scene without losing that feeling of dread? At the very least Madhouse didn't tried to punch beside the bushes.

People shouldnt compare anime like that. EVery anime is different, as is every manga. This anime doesnt need brutal scenes to be good or to have a story, it can go without that.
Jul 23, 2015 8:01 AM

Nov 2010
I was waiting for girls of the anime to show up. i thought they would make the show better.

Glad to see i was right.
Jul 23, 2015 2:44 PM

Mar 2009
Smudy said:
Someone showed me a pic from the manga, jesus what a difference to this adaption. A-1 Pictures really went hard on toning down :/

holy crap. Looks like something straight out of Berserk.
Sadly, it seems that this season is obsessed with censoring a bunch of shows. A shame.

I was going to drop this show, since the last two episodes were so dull, but this episode was pretty decent, and it helps that there a bunch of cute girls now. Rory is wonderful.
Jul 23, 2015 3:24 PM
Oct 2012
HELLSATAN said:
You mean the star fortress design that design was employed even before world war one and there are still some fortress in Europe that still stands to this day.

They actually date back to the end of the 15th century and the establishment of gunpower as the chief military weapon. I used to live near a 17th century version and that was built in colonial America.
Jul 24, 2015 3:24 AM
Mar 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
HELLSATAN said:

They actually date back to the end of the 15th century and the establishment of gunpower as the chief military weapon. I used to live near a 17th century version and that was built in colonial America.
didn't know that I though its started late 18 or 19 century.
Jul 24, 2015 9:40 AM

Nov 2009
I just found out Rory is godly old...

so she's technically a super Legal Loli.

With that in mind, I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to "do things" to Itami

But I do get Jealous because of it... lol
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 24, 2015 9:59 AM

Jul 2011
amlg said:
I just found out Rory is godly old...

so she's technically a super Legal Loli.

With that in mind, I don't see anything wrong with her wanting to "do things" to Itami

But I do get Jealous because of it... lol

lolis are by tecnicality legal, at least when the age limit was the same as the age at which they get menstruations for the first time.

so yeah, tecnically rory is the true and pure definition of loli.
Jul 25, 2015 1:02 AM

Mar 2014
I was wondering why the Opening sounds so much like High school of the Dead's OP and then I found out that it's made by the same band. The more you know.
Zanos1Jul 25, 2015 1:32 AM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 25, 2015 10:11 AM

Jul 2015
that fight epic!
Jul 25, 2015 3:41 PM
Jul 2014
So the elf girl wakes up in an unfamiliar place, in a type of vehicle she has never even heard of before, naked, and with unfamiliar people using unfamiliar weapons against a dragon. Somehow I don't think a calm "shoot for the eye" is a realistic reaction on her part.

Otherwise a pretty good episode though.
Jul 25, 2015 8:24 PM

Feb 2013
Rory best-girl confirmed. That laugh!
Jul 26, 2015 11:27 AM

Jan 2014
awesome. I had a feeling that huge dragon is gonna eat that little one, haha, but that scene was pretty nice done.

It's Really cool to see that they show quite realistically how modern guns would work in sorcery world.

p.s ahh, that scene when this little "Gothic lolita"(lol) sit down on MC's knees was soo cute, haha "this is a really tight fit" xD
TapuTapuuJul 26, 2015 11:31 AM
Jul 30, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2010
This is pretty damn good. God bless Itami, he's interesting. The three girls seem interesting too so far, not annoying. Esp. Rory, such a tease, gotta love her.
Aug 1, 2015 2:09 AM

Oct 2008
Another epic episode!
Damn! That Rory Mercury is very strong as hell! What a great addition to the gang...very OP!
and the other 2 girls are now also joined to the fray.
4/5.

Aug 2, 2015 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
Rory is awesome and the last scene with the lights and the lilies was really pretty. Captain Itami is turning out to be quite a capable leader.
GanbatteBakemonoAug 2, 2015 6:40 PM
Aug 4, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2009
I love Mercury already! so cool!
Itami is a nice guy!
Aug 4, 2015 10:50 PM

Mar 2012
Last 2 eps have been pretty good
Aug 17, 2015 10:37 AM

Oct 2014
ohoho rory ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ohoho the elf ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

oh man that big dragon ;-;
Aug 27, 2015 9:04 PM

Aug 2013
Oh I like that sorcy Lelei.. so cold. :D
Nice battle scene wheyyy.. Rory is shoo awesome, the best !
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

207 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.