Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2013
2-methylgeniol said:
Syrup- said:
I have 3 nephews that are too young to communicate and deal with them regularly.

What is this supposed to prove? This is basic communication. It doesn't matter if it is a kid or not, hitting someone is pretty much proof you don't have the facilities up there to get your point across. You lose as soon as you do this.

Seems like you're getting the impression that by beating, I mean abuse. No, I don't.

I don't care. Violence against anyone, not just children, is wrong. I have several pets. They don't speak English at all, so what am I supposed to do? You would have me hit them because you don't know how to communicate otherwise. If you realize what they're trying to do, and read into things, you'll notice that even children are very manipulable. You don't need to hit them at all to get the proper attitude from them. Unbelievable that there are people on this planet still barbaric enough to be unable to communicate without their fists.

alkchf said:
Taking their iPads is probably more effective than physical punishment nowadays.

See? This guy gets it.
Jul 5, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
Syrup- said:
I don't care. Violence against anyone, not just children, is wrong. I have several pets. They don't speak English at all, so what am I supposed to do? You would have me hit them because you don't know how to communicate otherwise. If you realize what they're trying to do, and read into things, you'll notice that even children are very manipulable. You don't need to hit them at all to get the proper attitude from them. Unbelievable that there are people on this planet still barbaric enough to be unable to communicate without their fists.

alkchf said:
Taking their iPads is probably more effective than physical punishment nowadays.

See? This guy gets it.

Comparing children to animals - should I make a sarcastic remark on it or not?

Well, I don't think you'll heed anything. Better leave it up to the time when you'll have your own kids.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Jul 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
As far as I know academic research in child development and psychology shows that corporal punishment is a bad idea across the board.
Jul 5, 2015 12:24 PM

May 2014
LOL
people are giving a user hard time for being honest about his opinion on roughing up kids.
lets see when the time comes how you'l handle your own children.
and if u truly do manage to get your point across through words alone ...
preaching is indeed easy~~
Jul 5, 2015 12:25 PM

May 2014
Syrup- said:

alkchf said:

See? This guy gets it.

LOL
Jul 5, 2015 12:38 PM

Jun 2015
This is 2015, and people seem to prefer an easily digestible SparkNotes version of everything, replete with catch words such as "violence is never OK" or "positive reinforcement". But what they missed was that the ideal learning environment has only 65% (inexact) positive reinforcement, and 35% negative reinforcement. What they also missed is that waterboarding, which is "non-violent", was ruled to be as torturous and just as effective, if not more so, than physical beating. Recent years, psychological bullying was shown to have caused more suicides and long-term psychological damage than physical violence. So why is beating so bad?
Jul 5, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2014
So this is the root of the extreme entitlement and disrespect children show nowadays. What are you gonna do? Ground them?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jul 5, 2015 1:08 PM
Sep 2014
Jul 5, 2015 1:21 PM

May 2014
NorthBayAnime said:

ROFL
oh boy~~ dis was hilarious x'D
Jul 5, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Hitting a child is wrong. There's other ways of disciplining your child than using violence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
If your kids are so badly behaved that you need to hit them then you know that you are a shit parent and should probably kill yourself and hand your offspring over to an orphanage.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 5, 2015 1:37 PM

Jun 2014
NorthBayAnime said:

don't ever do that again

Best Dad 2015
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 5, 2015 1:44 PM

Jun 2013
"Beating your child?" NO.
"Spanking them?" YES.
I think your choice of word was a little off.
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jul 5, 2015 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
It fucking sickens me. I don't understand how anyone could even do it.
Jul 5, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2013
Only subhumans use physical violence to educate their children on morality.
Jul 5, 2015 2:00 PM
Mar 2013
Syrup- said:
NorthBayAnime said:
You have to realize that anything and everything you do is wrong in the eyes of someone.
"the concept of evil and wrongdoing is a human construct!!!1!"

That doesn't mean we should be raping girls and killing black people like we did in the 1800s.
I don't see your point

Rape is not necessarily a bad thing
Jul 5, 2015 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
It's wrong to beat them up.
Jul 5, 2015 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
I think it's wrong too...
But some people who have been beaten as kids think ''ok, I had it too and here I am....so I don't mind beating my kid''....and that's SO wrong!
Lab Member 004
Jul 5, 2015 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
aznsensation801 said:
although i don't condone vicious assaults on children, some spankings at home are necessary to keep them in line. talking to them just goes in one ear and out the other.

Such an awesome and cute signature!!!
Lab Member 004
Jul 5, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2013
JD2411 said:
Syrup- said:
"the concept of evil and wrongdoing is a human construct!!!1!"

That doesn't mean we should be raping girls and killing black people like we did in the 1800s.
I don't see your point

wow that's edgy as fuck
Jul 5, 2015 2:10 PM

Mar 2013
Seems like lazy parenting, Though I know of instances where the boy or girl will not listen.

Take that mother from the Maryland Riots. That boy wasn't listening. What else could she do?

Ofc, he was 15, and 15 year olds are pretty stubborn.
cockaine said:
"Spanking them?" YES.

Yeah, got confused too. I don't consider spanking to be a real beating.
Jul 5, 2015 2:12 PM

Dec 2013
It's wrong. My parents never beat me. They treated me with respect and I give them the same and love them dearly.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jul 5, 2015 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/28/us/baltimore-riot-mom-smacks-son/[/url]

Here's an article. I personally think she did the right thing., So it was lazy, so what? It was effective.
Jul 5, 2015 2:18 PM
Apr 2014
JD2411 said:
lel
Jul 5, 2015 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
PeripheralVision said:
I don't consider spanking to be a real beating.

Oh, you mean spanking is sensual art of erotic, right?
Jul 5, 2015 2:21 PM

Nov 2014
It's perfectly fine. Especially in public.
Jul 5, 2015 2:26 PM

Mar 2013
_Charl said:
PeripheralVision said:
I don't consider spanking to be a real beating.

Oh, you mean spanking is sensual art of erotic, right?

Personally, I don't think you should beat someone unless you're going to have sex with them. To use it on a child (Especially one you're not going to have sex with) perverts this sacred act between a Sadist and a Masochist.
Jul 5, 2015 2:28 PM
Oct 2014
I think we can "disciplin " adults as well, like the good old days. When the workers can't behave, the lord should slap them in the face, or maybe just spank them. When your partner is cocky, you slap him/her too. She has to learn what is right afterall, it's for their own good.

Jul 5, 2015 2:42 PM
Jul 2018
aznsensation801 said:
although i don't condone vicious assaults on children, some spankings at home are necessary to keep them in line. talking to them just goes in one ear and out the other.

Pretty much. From what I've seen parents who don't really give a slap or two when needed end up being parents who just get steamrolled by the child, especially when they're teenagers. That's why most kids today end up doing whatever they want.
Jul 5, 2015 2:45 PM

Mar 2013
RedTie47 said:
aznsensation801 said:

Pretty much. From what I've seen parents who don't really give a slap or two when needed end up being parents who just get steamrolled by the child, especially when they're teenagers. That's why most kids today end up doing whatever they want.

Seems like some urban myth used by conservatives to dislodge liberal ideas if you ask me.
Jul 5, 2015 2:50 PM

May 2014
Regardless of what the laws, plenty of parents still whoop their children's ass due to pressure to get high grades

its always about the grades

the end is nigh
Jul 5, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2012
cockaine said:
"Spanking them?" YES.

beating biːtɪŋ/
noun: beating; plural noun: beatings
a punishment or assault in which the victim is hit repeatedly.

so yeah, spanking is beating
y/w

it might shut your kid up for a second but as far as i can see.. the humiliation is going to encourage bitterness and studies show spanked kids express more aggressive behaviour towards other people later on

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Jul 5, 2015 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
PeripheralVision said:
RedTie47 said:

Seems like some urban myth used by conservatives to dislodge liberal ideas if you ask me.

This doesn't have to be yet another political stance point. Also it can't exactly be a myth when you have users here and thousands of people around the world that can say they actually are grateful for that slight slap when they needed it and it helped them become better people, me included.
Jul 5, 2015 2:58 PM

Feb 2015
JD2411 said:

..What?

lol
Jul 5, 2015 2:59 PM
Apr 2014
laidellent said:
JD2411 said:

..What?

lol
It's JD.
Jul 5, 2015 3:03 PM
Apr 2014
JD2411 said:
I don't see your point

That's it. You have open my eyes.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Jul 5, 2015 3:21 PM

Aug 2014
2-methylgeniol said:

Comparing children to animals - should I make a sarcastic remark on it or not?

Well, I don't think you'll heed anything. Better leave it up to the time when you'll have your own kids.

I believe his comparison lies in that neither young children nor pets understand more complex language constructions: while they may understand a "No!" and whatnot due to voice intonation and, the words themselves won't get to them, but that doesn't mean we should hit them.

NorthBayAnime said:

The saddest thing I've seen all day...
Jul 5, 2015 4:24 PM

Sep 2014
Can I beat them with my big dicks? Cause if so then that is totally not fine by me (no sarcasm).
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Jul 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Jan 2014
PeripheralVision said:
RedTie47 said:

Only if you've never seen a child acting up in public.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 5, 2015 5:35 PM

Sep 2014
I remember how back in china my parents used to hit me with any sort of stick they could find(mainly a duster). Aahhh~ the memories. And then we moved to another country. Yes they still did it after we moved, they only stopped recently like 1 or 2 years ago.
レムって、誰のこと?
Jul 5, 2015 5:40 PM

Jan 2014
I wasn't necessarily beat as a child, but I was pinched and my mom would use her slippers to hit me. It wasn't enough to seriously injure me, of course, but it worked. I think physical punishment is a necessity sometimes. It depends on the kid, really. Honestly, I was a horrible child, and my parents couldn't have disciplined me any other way, so I'm grateful they hit me. I turned out perfectly fine, and if my kids won't listen to me, I'm probably going to pinch/hit them too. Obviously, there's a limit and people can take it too far. But if done right, I think it's a good thing and humbles kids, which is something a lot of kids nowadays could use.
Jul 5, 2015 5:41 PM

Jun 2015
RedRoseFring said:
PeripheralVision said:

anyone who honestly can't think of better ways to communicate with or enforce/draw boundaries than physical violence is a moron. What a load of horseshit, if you think it's okay to hit children then you're trash
Jul 5, 2015 5:42 PM
Apr 2010
Slap them around a couple times so they know their place. That's all that's needed. Parents are supposed to be the parents, not the friends. That's why some kids turn out fucked up or moral less and they blame video games for their failure to realize their roles as parents. Little kids respond better to physical punishment rather than "lol Johnny that's bad, now go sit in the corner and think about what you did". Now as the child starts to grow into their teens, then you can probably start using guilt trips and talking as a form of discipline.
NiN10d0hJul 5, 2015 5:47 PM
Jul 5, 2015 5:44 PM

Jan 2014
My siblings/parents would pop me in the mouth. That shit hurts.

Jul 5, 2015 6:10 PM
Jul 2018
do you mean wrong as in ethically wrong? or do you mean wrong in that it wont lead to your desired outcome? which again leads to the question of what is your desired outcome? Its not enough to say " good uppbringing for the child " because mine and yours opinion of that may differ

Hard to put into words, but if we say that the process of becoming an adult is about learning who we are, how we fit into society, how society works, how social interactions between people work and then being able to constantly reflect on that information as we interact with the world( ie having developed a unique personality) etc, then i think certain aspects of those things, would be lacking if there where not physical punishment. i just think its a natrual part of every childs uppbringing.

Its a bell curve, to much and its definetly bad, if there is nothing it may be negative aswell.

http://team-dignitas.net/uploads/tinymce/images/bellcurve.png
Jul 5, 2015 6:23 PM

Jan 2014
xXxweedfiendxXx said:
RedRoseFring said:

anyone who honestly can't think of better ways to communicate with or enforce/draw boundaries than physical violence is a moron. What a load of horseshit, if you think it's okay to hit children then you're trash

What are you going to do? Not feed them? That's barbaric! Lock them in their room? You sadist! Say mean things to them or give them a thesis? Say "that's not nice Billy"? That'll work.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 5, 2015 6:24 PM

May 2012
RedRoseFring said:
xXxweedfiendxXx said:

What are you going to do? Not feed them? That's barbaric! Lock them in their room? You sadist! Say mean things to them or give them a thesis? Say "that's not nice Billy"? That'll work.

Were you beaten as a child?
Jul 5, 2015 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
OMG bro you can't jus ask if someone was beaten as a child wow
Jul 5, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2012
xXxweedfiendxXx said:
RedRoseFring said:

either your patience knows no bounds or you've never had to take care of 2-4 year olds. perhaps, i used a poor choice of words on my part as well. but i stand by my statement of using spankings on misbehaving children only when they f-ed up REALLY badly or did not heed previous warnings (like a 3 strike system). but i guess the alternative should be to take away what they consider to be precious (ie, toys, games, etc.)
Jul 5, 2015 6:32 PM

Jan 2014
PoeticJustice said:
RedRoseFring said:

Were you?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How pure are you?

Ejrodiew - 2 hours ago

13 by fleurbleue »»
6 minutes ago

» Tired of social relationships

EmiliaHoarfrost - Sep 22

42 by LoveYourSmile »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you like taking photographs/recording vids and uploading it online?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

30 by zsxa »»
27 minutes ago

» do you ever feel like not forgetting the person you liked in your past?

FruitPunchBaka - May 25

22 by Zarutaku »»
40 minutes ago

» アニメ文化祭とはどんなイベントなのでしょうか? What kind of event is the Anime Culture Festival ?

ISeeLifePeople - Yesterday

3 by GinIonSui »»
60 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.