Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2015 6:54 AM
Jan 2015
OHH... they make it simple, if you have read the light novel, they will explain properly in what they will do but in the anime they just did it right away, its okay, I liked it.
May 1, 2015 7:06 AM
May 2015
who would've thought Yukinoshita actually wanted to run? The trio forming the service club 2.0 as the student council would've been nice though.

Can't wait for the next episodes, especially
May 1, 2015 7:14 AM
Nov 2014
Good plan 8man, twitter fake accounts op. Atleast it didn't backfired on him this time. Yukino needs to chill and stop being mad :P

That Yui and 8man scene at the end was nice. ( Yukino step up your game pls )
May 1, 2015 7:15 AM

Feb 2015
buzzardslicer said:
CodeUnknown said:
Yukinoshita continues on being one of the biggest bitch this season, congratulations.

Agreed. She shouldn't get mad at 8man if she didn't tell him what she really wanted in the first place. Hikki found a perfect solution and she's still mad.

But did Hachiman talk to her about what he was planning to do? After all, Yukino made it clear what she was going to do, while Hachiman made it a fact before presenting it to the girls. Komachi even warned him to talk it out with Yui and Yukino. See how easily the tables can be flipped?

I think the main problem here isn't Yukino's or Hachiman's decisions, but the lack of communication between the two. Had they just talked to each other, things would have gone much smoothly. After all, the club manages to find the best solutions only they're working together and not separately. Teamwork is essential for the Service Club to survive and that's something Wataru makes very clear.
May 1, 2015 7:27 AM

Sep 2014
LOVED IT! Best episode I've seen in a long time! Hell, even 8man's interaction with his sister brought a huge smile to my face lol. A great way to end the election arc. Though I wonder what Yukinoshita meant when she said Hikigaya would understand her. Can't wait for the next episode.
May 1, 2015 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
komachi's so cute. I want hachiman as my oniichan too!!
May 1, 2015 7:56 AM

Mar 2014
Wow another Great Episode! and another ingenious solution by my man, 8MAn, great to see the hikigaya siblings on the same page:) , glad to see kawasaki and zaikomusa, (ehem correct me if im wrong), helping for the solution of the Whole problem,

That Yui x 8man Scene tho, so very arrrhhmm, lucky hikki there:0

So in the End Iroha became the President huh, well Big thanks to 8man there ( tho he was funnily rejected two times by iroha, haha)

So we see at the end there are hints or should i say lingering problems that needed to be worked out with Yukino, hmmm, i wonder what's gonna happen next ;P

Overall ep 5/5
May 1, 2015 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, as usual this season hasn't declined at all for me.. Quite perceptive of Hikagaya, having that splendid talk Komachi and using Hayama's alias on twitter to draw votes subsequently modifying the name to Iroha Isshiki, which allowed for Iroha to get most votes for student council president thereby allowing Yui and Yukinoshita to remain in the club, and ultimately solved the problem.. As it seems, Yukinoshita cannot agree with what Hikigaya has done.

It was hard to decide whether the brother-sister talk or the ending with Yui was the best part of the episode for me :o It was such a nice talk they had at the beginning of the episode, and what helped Hikigaya sort out what he needed to do for the club, and Yukino&Yui.

Loved this, like most fans I really like Yui a lot, then it would be Iroha at 2nd.

It honestly gave me these vibes.. kappa
removed-userMay 1, 2015 8:10 AM
May 1, 2015 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
That Yui x Hachiman moment. <3
I'm on board this ship! That moment was too sweet! just kiss already!

Just when I thought the drama ended there, but NOPE, Yukino's somehow still have her problem for some reason. When will this actually end!? I thought Hachiman solved this problem reasonably well. Now what's her problem?
I missed the old atmosphere in the clubroom already. Gloomy atmosphere does not fit in muh Oregairu!

Also, -1 for Iroha for being a self-conscious way too much. She's not even good enough to date Hachiman anyway.
May 1, 2015 8:13 AM

Jul 2010
Komachi giving the push Hachiman needed was great, the way the two forgave each other with "you're you after all" really showed their sibling power!

Making Iroha getting interested in the position of President, that scam of a bait to use Hayama's name at first.

Yui's moments when she reached to her own then fully giving in to Hachiman's "best" solution was great.
May 1, 2015 8:20 AM
Dec 2010
_ouroboros_ said:
who would've thought Yukinoshita actually wanted to run? The trio forming the service club 2.0 as the student council would've been nice though.

Can't wait for the next episodes, especially

I don't believe you, I can't see 8man doing that. Spoil it for me.
blaze it
May 1, 2015 8:24 AM

Dec 2009
Hikigaya is able to repair some of these burnt bridges atleast in this episode. His repairs his relationship with his sister, convinces Iroha to be president, and keeps the club together.

Yet there isn't a feeling of success. Why does it feel so dreadful by episodes end? Maybe it's the echoing of what Yukino said about him not understanding, or maybe it's the fact that even if Yukino became president everything would be ok because of the potential alternate route Megumi brought up.

Whatever the reason, it feels like Hikigaya has hurt himself again as Yui brings up. They couldn't see it, but he did something despicable again. And this is going to bite him in the butt.
blazeheroMay 1, 2015 8:27 AM
May 1, 2015 8:37 AM

Dec 2014
Indeed. Outstanding slice of life anime as I'm not really seeing any potential romance.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
May 1, 2015 8:41 AM
Apr 2015
Great episode as always.

Komachi is confirmed to be imouto of the year and Zaimokuza is the best chuunibro. Hachiman once again proved to us that he is the best MC that everyone deserves, he is such a genius and that scene with Iroha make me laugh.

Really heartwarming to see Chuunibro, Kawasaki, and Totsuka lend their hand for Hachiman when he really need them, especially when Kawasaki mentioned Hachiman would be the best candidate for student council. Really, I agree with her and would love to see that happen.

But, that scene with Meguri really make me think .... What if Hachiman decided not to help Iroha?
I am sure Yukino would become the president because her competence and her popularity during culture festival. After that, she will choose Yui as vice president because she is the only person she can trust. Then eventually, Hachiman will join them. That sure is one awesome student council. At least, it's better than half-assed Iroha who doesn't have a motivation to become a president.

The club will not dissapear but moved to student council. Yukino the president will direct them and learn to work with other people, Yui will become a mood maker and try her best to help them, and Hachiman will complain a lot but I am sure he will work harder than anyone else and solve their problems. That way they will become closer and grow as a person.

Yukino will no longer live in her sister shadow, Yui will become more mature, and Hachiman will change a little and rise up his reputation in a good way. Together they will do great things. Then, Chuunibro, Saika, Meguri, Haruno and maybe Hayato clique will hang out every now and then. After that, Komachi will enroll in his highschool .... It seems like a good ending to me.

Dammit, now I REALLY want to see that.

Oh well, I look forward to next week and at this point I am quite scared what will happen in the next episode.

5/5
May 1, 2015 8:43 AM

Oct 2011
The guy who posted in the previous episode discussion was right, the people on this show take themselves way to seriously. Petty events that don't really matter, are viewed upon as an extremely serious dilemma. The sweat bead, the long inner monologues and the deafening silence.

Even the last scene with Hachiman, Yui and Yukino felt like the characters were facing a life and death situation.

Not enough jokes this season and way too serious. I hope the anime studio producing this, does not forget why people enjoyed the first season so much.

Still all in all a pretty enjoyable episode.
May 1, 2015 8:50 AM
Oct 2010
Gov said:
The guy who posted in the previous episode discussion was right, the people on this show take themselves way to seriously. Petty events that don't really matter, are viewed upon as an extremely serious dilemma. The sweat bead, the long inner monologues and the deafening silence.

Even the last scene with Hachiman, Yui and Yukino felt like the characters were facing a life and death situation.

Not enough jokes this season and way too serious. I hope the anime studio producing this, does not forget why people enjoyed the first season so much.

Serious is a matter of perspective I suppose, I'm inclined to agree that the drama is a bit much especially considering the first season. I think I brought that up in the episode 1 discussion, apparently it only gets worse from here on out so I dunno.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
skudoops said:
So what did hachiman mean with his save game scenario? Did he mean that the three of them would have ended up together regardless of the election outcome? I mean if yukino had won the two of them would have just joined the student council with her right?

Someone at least got it right instead of the typical "Yukino is a bitch" comments. Praise the Lords for that.

haha I don't really think she's a bitch but she's let down more than anything else.
May 1, 2015 8:56 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
KOMACHI BEST GIRL!!!KOMACHI BEST LITTLE SISTER!!!! KOMACHI = LOVE

Seriously, Komachi is easily the most likable character. This episode she went all out and was the MVP of the episode. More little sisters should be like Komachi.

Moving on to Hikki, his fake account beats Yukinons logic xD
Well I never saw her say anything like, "I want to do this". Not being honest with herself and letting the others know her true intentions.

May 1, 2015 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
If the fans of an anime series have to convince other fans why a certain a character isn't a bitch, then the anime studio has failed to develop the character.

I will say it once and I will say it again, Yukino was great in the first season. She wasn't a bitch but just a person who was a little cold but she had jokes, wit and charm to her that the current Yukino completely lacks. Spare me the details on why Yukino is acting this way. Most people who watch the show or new time viewers have the same opinion on her character. She doesn't play around with Hachiman anymore, nor does she show her wit with her responses. Just bitch fits that last episodes long about why Hachiman is wrong and why his methods are poor. Throw in the fact that everyone has chemistry with each other besides Yukino and you see the problem.

Give me the Yukino from the first season and I can promise you this "she is bitch" rhetoric, will go way down.
May 1, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
oh well hikigaya deserves a pat
internet is a cruel mistress
May 1, 2015 9:07 AM

May 2010
These two are perfect siblings. Komachi is such an understanding sister.

Hikki convincing Iroha was awesome. Anyone I noticed how he is acquainted with all the popular kids? And somehow all of them are in the same class lol.

Yui patting Hikki was the best.

Man, Hikki. You are already regretting your decision. The prediction the old president told him about was actually pretty good. Maybe that's what Yukinon was after? Who knows. Man, I feel sad for some weird reason now. They are in 2nd year, right? Their graduation is going to be one of the saddest.
May 1, 2015 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
-They made up!! Yaaay... Komachi was so cute ^^
-Just noticed this...where did Zaimokuza find a school uniform and his size too? :D
-Komachi the best imouto brought reinforcements qt SakiSaki and Saika.
-Zaimo and 8mans plan is interesting to say the least.
-Isshiki seduce 8man godammit. 8man used a good method on her, maybe too harsh but that's his style. She bought it tho. 8mans girl voice was hysterical. Only secretly a genius.
-Yukinoshita....everything is 8mans fault in her eyes, if you want something go for it don't w8 for stupid reasons and conditions to do it and flame when they disappear.
-Yui :33 Lot more perceptive than she seems and she makes 8man feel better with her words.
-8man a gentleman :D Someone always strikes 8man after he went through big effort to relieve himself.

Overall didn't feel so tense and worried this episode mostly due to Komachis' smile and Yui.
May 1, 2015 9:12 AM
Aug 2013
Great episode as usual. And I can't be the only one who noticed Jose 'Sose' Mourinho, right?
May 1, 2015 9:13 AM

Jul 2014
Nice reconciliation between Hikigaya and his sister to get things started. A bit slow for a while after that, but it was good to see some more members of the old supporting cast again. The way that Hikigaya understood exactly how to "trick" Iroha into wanting to become President was pretty impressive, especially with how little information he actually had to go on. I do wonder what Yukino meant when she said that she thought Hikigaya would understand. I guess that'll come into play later on.

And was that a poster of Jose Mourinho on the wall of student council room? That's a pretty neat reference if it was.
May 1, 2015 9:19 AM

Mar 2012
Kawaii imouto :3
May 1, 2015 9:31 AM

Apr 2015
Gov said:
If the fans of an anime series have to convince other fans why a certain a character isn't a bitch, then the anime studio has failed to develop the character.

I will say it once and I will say it again, Yukino was great in the first season. She wasn't a bitch but just a person who was a little cold but she had jokes, wit and charm to her that the current Yukino completely lacks. Spare me the details on why Yukino is acting this way. Most people who watch the show or new time viewers have the same opinion on her character. She doesn't play around with Hachiman anymore, nor does she show her wit with her responses. Just bitch fits that last episodes long about why Hachiman is wrong and why his methods are poor. Throw in the fact that everyone has chemistry with each other besides Yukino and you see the problem.

Give me the Yukino from the first season and I can promise you this "she is bitch" rhetoric, will go way down.

I do agree that LN Yukino is superior to Anime Yukino, buutttt I'm just saying that if I were mad or disappointed with a person I wouldn't be making jokes. Notice how she wasn't there for Hachiman's social suicide on the roof? She just heard about it and thought his methods were fine and thus was able to joke with him then. She didn't have a problem. However, in this season, she actually sees what his methods accomplish. Now she has a problem. The comedy in the first season was nice, but it's not going to be around when there's tension among the group. In fact, I don't think it would blend well if one second there's drama then BAM comedy! You have to time those sort of things. For example, there's a certain anime that's showing right now and one of the episodes opened up with drama. And then halfway through they just ruin the mood by throwing a comedy bit. Yeah, it was funny, but it feels really oddly placed. Anyways, people really need to calm down with the "Yukino is a bitch" blahblah.
YuzurynMay 1, 2015 9:42 AM
May 1, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2014
I just hope that's the end of this arc finally.
May 1, 2015 9:40 AM

Apr 2015
I'm kind of confused when people watch this series and say "where's the romance" etc.
I don't know about them, but I can see it plain as day. I haven't been in many relationships myself, however, I know that actual love isn't like these shoujo manga where
Senpai: *does something nice for girl*
Girl: >//////////////< OMf g g g ! ! !!*blushes so hard her face looks like a tomato*

Maybe it is for some people, but I feel like romance is a slow and steady process that takes a while. In fact it makes me feel pretty disoriented when I see a harem show where one of the girls falls in love with the main character after one event or whatever. You'd think it'd take a while and not just go "damn...im in love"
May 1, 2015 9:49 AM
Oct 2010
Gov said:

I don't fully agree with that, just because they aren't doing it in a manner as though they are targeting the lowest common denominator that doesn't mean they have failed to develop the character. Of course I'm not trying to imply you are the lowest common denominator, but if development isn't understood by some that doesn't constitute a failure.
May 1, 2015 9:52 AM

Sep 2013
Yukinon - "And here was I sure you'd understand."
Hachiman - "There are people who can't act unless they have a problem."
"All I was left with was the sinking suspicion that I'd gone horribly wrong."

So yukino wanted to go in the council but have hachiman and yui with her, but how is that different from the club where it's the same thing?
May 1, 2015 10:07 AM

Apr 2015
ichii_1 said:
Yukinon - "And here was I sure you'd understand."
Hachiman - "There are people who can't act unless they have a problem."
"All I was left with was the sinking suspicion that I'd gone horribly wrong."

So yukino wanted to go in the council but have hachiman and yui with her, but how is that different from the club where it's the same thing?

Probably has something to do with Haruno and Yukino trying to get out of her shadow or something.
May 1, 2015 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
Yui is so cute <3
May 1, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, the drama finally takes account of the anime and relationships at the club will get even more complicated, Yui and Yukino want to do Hachiman rethink their methods, but each takes a different approach, Yui tries to approach and dialogue, already Yukino keeps cold and distant, the tension will be very heavy

I believe that Hachiman also begin to see that their methods do not always will bring the best results, but now it can also count on other people to help you, as happened in the episode, and how Komachi was cute in this episode, even then I quite like the thinking and attitudes of Hachiman, will not be good if he changes his personality

I am increasingly anxious to keep watching, I want to see how far the adaptation will and how the relationships will be shown in the anime, it sure is already among the best of the season ..
May 1, 2015 10:26 AM

Jan 2015
Reasonable method by Hikigaya with the help of 8man and the convincing of her sister. Imo, Yuki just want to maintain her pride by not giving up to Hiki's idea and/or because of her older sister. So Hikigaya's main reason creating this tactic is for the cause of keeping the club where no one will fight for the student council president. Can't wait to see the conclusion.
May 1, 2015 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
I guess that solution works too... but Hachiman still have negated the problem, well, for Yui and Yukino... Yui might not be affected anymore, but Yukino is still is affected. >.<

It feels like this episode has resolved it already, but I guess we have to see til the election starts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2011
skudoops said:
Gov said:

Serious is a matter of perspective I suppose, I'm inclined to agree that the drama is a bit much especially considering the first season. I think I brought that up in the episode 1 discussion, apparently it only gets worse from here on out so I dunno.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Someone at least got it right instead of the typical "Yukino is a bitch" comments. Praise the Lords for that.

haha I don't really think she's a bitch but she's let down more than anything else.
´

She is bitching around all the time. So she IS a bitch. A fucking tsundere bitch. I dont care what reasons she has, that wont change what she is.

Yea, I really, really hate tsundere shit, sue me.

The episode was great. The show firmly sits on 10/10 in my book, probably will be the show of the season for me. This or Ore Monogatari. Nothing comes even close to those two so far, so... But as of now this one is ahead because of the awesome support characters.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
TyrelMay 2, 2015 1:15 AM
May 1, 2015 10:45 AM
Dec 2014
Fawkey said:
buzzardslicer said:

Agreed. She shouldn't get mad at 8man if she didn't tell him what she really wanted in the first place. Hikki found a perfect solution and she's still mad.

But did Hachiman talk to her about what he was planning to do? After all, Yukino made it clear what she was going to do, while Hachiman made it a fact before presenting it to the girls. Komachi even warned him to talk it out with Yui and Yukino. See how easily the tables can be flipped?

I think the main problem here isn't Yukino's or Hachiman's decisions, but the lack of communication between the two. Had they just talked to each other, things would have gone much smoothly. After all, the club manages to find the best solutions only they're working together and not separately. Teamwork is essential for the Service Club to survive and that's something Wataru makes very clear.

It's still Yukinon's fault entirely as far as I'm concerned. She presented her idea to run for president as just a solution to Iroha's problem, so Hachiman reacted accordingly. If she had just told them about the idea to have everyone be on the student council, which would've been an awesome solution, then it would've all worked out.

Was that even Yukinon's idea in the first place? Did she want to be on the council solo or with Yui and 8man?
May 1, 2015 10:45 AM
Sep 2014
supracseduch said:
NudeBear said:

Yeah, I really don't get what's up with Yukinon. I for sure thought she would have been happy with Hachimans method, but she ended up being disappointed. Again. the thing Is i understand why that was the case in the past, but for this episode I'm failing to see the reason. Really confused atm.

P.S. Once again, Yui reaffirmed her spot as the best girl.

I'm guessing it's because Yukino once again wasn't the one to solve the problem at hand. She was deeply influenced by what Haruno told her: that she always gets others to do the work for her. She's the leader of the Service Club, yet she never ends up being the one who solves the problem. She never delivers the results. It's always been Hachiman. Whether or not the solution involved social suicide, it was Hachiman's solution, not hers.

Moreover, she might have wanted to get away from her older sister's shadow. She grew up following Haruno's lead too closely. What Haruno did, Yukino wanted to imitate. She may have realized this already, and that's why she wants to start building her own identity independent of her sister's. Haruno never became student council president, which presented a really good opportunity to establish her own separate indentity.

She is definitely more than qualified for the job. Unfortunately for her, Hachiman once again presented a solution which rendered her intentions moot and unnecessary. He failed to understand that Yukino is doing this for her personal growth, which is why she was a bit disappointed in him.

I liked this reflection. Dissolves some of the doubts I had. I had a feeling that Yukino wanted to become president because of her sister, and also because the teacher asked her personally. She's also tired of being overshadowed by Hikki's accomplishments since Haruno always brings it up, without fail. Sigh.

I really, really, loved the Komachi bit in the beginning, that was heart warming.
May 1, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
This series going great so far. I'm jealous of Hachiman because he have so adorable and understand little sister. Then, talking about Yui, I think she's the best among the characters, I love her! XD ... Finally, I was quite touched on Meguri Shiromeguri high hopes were not met :'(

Kouhai__May 3, 2015 10:52 PM
May 1, 2015 11:11 AM
Mar 2009
Urek said:
sigh... after reading the novels and noticing alot of sakisaki-hachiman scene being skipped...
i think it would made more sense if they at least animated that one scene in the first season, making their interactions now even more funnier...

Kinda interested in what you said. Would you mine describing what happened in the novel that wasn't animated?
May 1, 2015 11:15 AM

Jan 2015
AlexGK said:
She is bitching around all the time. So she IS a bitch. A fucking tsundere bitch. I dont care what reasons she has, that wont change what she is.

The episode was great. The show firmly sits on 10/10 in my book, probably will be the show of the season for me. This or Ore Monogatari. Nothing comes even close to those two so far, so... But as of now this one is ahead because of the awesome support characters.

I don't think Yukino counts as a tsundere. She's too calm, and never has the fiery "tsuntsun" attitude. She does get disappointed and frustrated like all humans do, so she may vent these emotions out with her characteristic frankness, but in a manner which I wouldn't call "fiery". Now I'm aware that "tsuntsun" could also refer to cold aloofness ("icy" rather than "fiery") but the anime community has adopted a separate word for that -- "kuudere".

However, she never gets "deredere". I cannot recall a single instance of her being such. It's not even clear that she has a crush on anyone. And she doesn't do what she does for anyone else's sake. It's not like she's doing it for Hachiman (baka!)

She has a soft spot for cats, sure, but does that even count? Most humans have a soft spot for something and can get angry sometimes but that doesn't make them tsundere.

Now, we all have different ideas on what a "bitch" is. For me, it's too strong an adjective to use on her, especially now that we're getting glimpses of her frustrations and as I'm beginning to understand her. Looks like we'll be getting more glimpses next episode so I'm really looking forward to it.
TyrelMay 2, 2015 1:16 AM
May 1, 2015 11:43 AM

Mar 2012
Just found José Mourinho in one of the posters ahahah
May 1, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2014
Nice sibling love at the start
May 1, 2015 11:56 AM

Aug 2014
b1GZZ said:
Just found José Mourinho in one of the posters ahahah

Holy shit XD
May 1, 2015 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
yessss i love komachi. also, the thought of hachiman, yukino, and yui in the student council together sends chills down my spine.
May 1, 2015 12:00 PM

Feb 2010
sspit said:
orion_momo said:
this is my speculation only "yukino is upset because it is hachiman again who solve the problem and she thinking too is he sacrife himself again"
next episode will start volume 9 of LN

Yukinoshita is upset because deep down she actually wants to be pres, but isnt honest with herself to admit it so she used the club request as a pretense. Hikkigaya solving the problem rendered her pretense moot and she backed down, abandoning her own motive in process of not betraying her logic.

Yeah this is what I understood as well, some people didn't seem to get this it seems?
May 1, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
aweSAM said:
Urek said:
sigh... after reading the novels and noticing alot of sakisaki-hachiman scene being skipped...
i think it would made more sense if they at least animated that one scene in the first season, making their interactions now even more funnier...

Kinda interested in what you said. Would you mine describing what happened in the novel that wasn't animated?

May 1, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2013
his sister is there to help him and that was a really elaborate plan to make her win the elections
May 1, 2015 12:54 PM
Feb 2015
Looks like hachiman and his sister finally made up. Man they have a nice relationship.
Well it looks like hachiman will try and save their club. But is it the right thing to do? Yukino's reaction there makes us question that...
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 1, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2011
supracseduch said:
AlexGK said:

I don't think Yukino counts as a tsundere. She's too calm, and never has the fiery "tsuntsun" attitude. She does get disappointed and frustrated like all humans do, so she may vent these emotions out with her characteristic frankness, but in a manner which I wouldn't call "fiery". Now I'm aware that "tsuntsun" could also refer to cold aloofness ("icy" rather than "fiery") but the anime community has adopted a separate word for that -- "kuudere".

However, she never gets "deredere". I cannot recall a single instance of her being such. It's not even clear that she has a crush on anyone. And she doesn't do what she does for anyone else's sake. It's not like she's doing it for Hachiman (baka!)

She has a soft spot for cats, sure, but does that even count? Most humans have a soft spot for something and can get angry sometimes but that doesn't make them tsundere.

Now, we all have different ideas on what a "bitch" is. For me, it's too strong an adjective to use on her, especially now that we're getting glimpses of her frustrations and as I'm beginning to understand her. Looks like we'll be getting more glimpses next episode so I'm really looking forward to it.

A bitch I would call anyone who always acts displeased, even more so when they dont really say what they want - like she did this very episode. It would not have killed her to actually say that she really wants go become the counsil president rather than pretend shes doing it for the request. And then rant (bitch) about it when people dont read her mind to be able to know what she really wants.
As for the tsundere part - well, I agree shes not hardcore one (thank god), call her kuudere if you want, I wont argue on this one. You might well be right here, but for me both stereotypes fall in the same basket of hate :)
TyrelMay 2, 2015 1:16 AM
May 1, 2015 1:52 PM

Nov 2010
You should try to learn the meaning of the world before throwing them in a complain. How could you call she tsundere when she don't leave any trace of being a tsun or evenmore, dere?

And about the bitch part, I still don't get it. With your definition, Hachiman is also a bitch : He always act displeased, he never said what he actually want and he also saved the club under the pretense of her sister's request. Hachiman is a bitch now? Since if he actually told his clubmates about his own plan (Come on, they are his mates, he should have worked together. Even Komachi urged him to talk to Yuki-Yuki first) he didn't even have to work hard and everything will move to the "student council = service club mk2" route.

The only part which seperates Hachiman and Yukinon is that the show is taken from Hachiman's perspective. So indeed, your bitch calling is simply a bias of perspective and a result of being too lazy and arrogant to read between the lines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

443 by Tugra_Enes_Bal »»
Jun 25, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.