Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2009 3:12 PM

Jul 2008
SealkidHaruhiism said:
Kyon was drawing an 8 on the paper?
Endless Eight with 8 episodes?

They wouldn't dare!
Even though they are very well capable of...

Ugh, at this rate Yuki is going to commit mass murder during Disappearance. I know I would.
Jul 16, 2009 3:30 PM

Jul 2008
Jul 16, 2009 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
You know what's funny? Even though I don't understand most Japanese I can still sub this if I wanted too. Because I watched this too many times. I bet everybody can too? lol.
Jul 16, 2009 4:11 PM

Jan 2008
Fabrice said:

So it has finally..... not ended.
T___T

*i guess most of you fan boys will go crazy and drop it.

ill stick to it.

Same here.
Let Haruhi live!
Season 2 WILL be awesome, everybody that read the novels should know!
Jul 16, 2009 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
"This will change your life"
Jul 16, 2009 4:54 PM

Dec 2008
Like someone said on page 2, it's funny seeing people slowly accepting it (a bit late if you ask me, should have thought about this earlier maybe?) and are already starting to be happy that Haruhi will be 42 episodes long (we can't even be sure that's not pure bs to make fun of the fans either, so I won't get my hopes up; I don't care if it'll be that long or a more average amount of episodes).

Basically, way to go; you look like true idiots after spamming the "omg this is bs" or all of the "i'm dropping this if it goes on for another episode without concluding" these past episodes.
(This isn't aimed at everyone, obviously. It's aimed at people who are making fools of themselves though, maybe it'll stop them from doing this again later on in their lives?)
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 16, 2009 6:46 PM

Oct 2008
Since I'm just DLing seemingly in order eps of Haruhi S2 because the numbering seems weird (how is this ep 16?), I don't know if I've seen this one or not. And the thought of that made me laugh. 5/5 for this one just because of that.

Also, this "Endless Eight" better not end otherwise it's false advertising. It would remind me of the landmark case of The People vs. The Neverending Story. I believe Lionel Hutz was the prosecutor in that case.
Jul 16, 2009 7:17 PM

Apr 2008
Jul 16, 2009 7:26 PM

Sep 2008
No it will never end since its ENDLESS eight :P

Nah but this this week this episodes was alot different thant the other, there was more new scene and they skip some.

And...speedo koizumi make me love this ep :P
Good Job !
Jul 16, 2009 9:47 PM

Dec 2008
not even worth archiving at this point. dl'd this week's ep, seeked to about 19min in, and then watched it loop AGAIN.

dropped
Editor - qq Fansubs - #qqkthx@irc.rizon.net - http://www.qqkthx.org/
Jul 16, 2009 10:11 PM

Aug 2008
1/5
But I finally got Itsuki in a speedo, so that made me happy until the end.

Next...Kyon in a speedo.
Jul 16, 2009 10:15 PM
Jan 2009
I think when I show this story arc to friends, I will choose the first and last episodes in the arc and randomly choose one of the episodes in between.

So far, stylistically and IMO, episode 6 was the best out of 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Can you imagine if they aired season 2 much like they did season 1... chronologically out of order?
Jul 16, 2009 10:15 PM

Oct 2008
Just kiss her already! 'nuff said!

Also check my website for weekly anime rankings of the newly released episodes: http://roanapurblog.com
Jul 16, 2009 10:21 PM

Aug 2008
kido_xplode said:

he can't kiss her, Kyon is all tsun-tsun over Haruhi

i'm happy that i never was a hardcore fan of Haruhi, as it's easier to enjoy Endless Eight without any hopes etc, just take it as it is and find some things to think about every episode (as they do have rather different themes and moods).
call me weird if you like to :)
Jul 16, 2009 10:30 PM

Aug 2007
So who's going to buy the DVD's with 8 (that's over half the season) episodes of basically the same thing (with slight variation, but hardly any)? Sucks to be them, but I know some people will blow their money on this BS anyway.
Jul 16, 2009 10:37 PM

Apr 2009
kido_xplode said:

You're gonna be pretty damn pissed off when you see the ending of this arc. Talk about anti-climactic.
Anyone with over 10 shows ranked at 10/10 clearly needs to re-evaluate their idea of a 'masterpiece'.
Jul 16, 2009 10:48 PM
Apr 2009
in b4 "But there's a clock, so this episode's different."
Jul 16, 2009 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
awesome.
Jul 16, 2009 10:56 PM

Jun 2008
Thanks for watching it for me, SUCKERS!!!
Jul 16, 2009 11:03 PM

Apr 2009
kido_xplode said:

seriously. it's like you did it once , let's see you do it again
Jul 16, 2009 11:11 PM
Apr 2009
Fabrice said:
*i guess most of you fan boys will go crazy and drop it.
It's five episodes that are all virtually the same. If you can't drop a show for that, when can you?

Oh, and Speedos FTW.
Jul 16, 2009 11:12 PM

Jan 2009
Meh, I'm not even angry anymore, in fact this is all very amusing. I give it a 2/5 cause the clock scene end was pretty inventive and neat.

Jul 16, 2009 11:12 PM
Dec 2008
wow this show went downhil fastl...then again it was pretty overhyped from the start anyways.
Jul 16, 2009 11:14 PM

Dec 2007
All I gotta say is, the payoff better be amazing.

Otherwise I want the two or so hours of my life back, KyoAni.
Jul 16, 2009 11:24 PM

May 2009
I won't drop this despite 5 near identical episodes. Regardless, KyoAni needs to stop trolling.
Jul 16, 2009 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
I can't find it in my heart to drop Haruhi.
Though I wholeheartedly believe KyoAni should go fuck themselves for broadcasting this bullshit.
Jul 16, 2009 11:47 PM

Apr 2007
Ew. Why was Koizumi in a speedo? Gross.
Jul 16, 2009 11:48 PM
Mar 2009
Foggle said:
KyoAni is doing this to prove a point. They know that even if they shit all over the floor, their fans will gladly eat it up as if it were a delicious steak. They don't even have to fucking try with Haruhi Season 2, they know it will sell DVDs and merchandise.

FOR THE LAST TIME! KYOANI HAD NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER! KADOKAWA TOLD THEM TO DO 6 EPS OF ENDLESS EIGHT!!! Well, supposedly it's six episodes, it may be more, but in the end, the only thing that KyoAni does is the animation and dubbing. Kadokawa are the ones who order the episodes as well as decide what the episodes will be about.

SealkidHaruhiism said:
They keep repeating Haruhi leaving and Leaving and Leaving?

I think that was to show that this episode actually contained 4 REPETITIONS.

Yeah, think about it, he not only failed once this episode, but 4 TIMES!

Aerosei said:
NanakosPudding said:
Spade said:
(which would mean I'd put in on the same level as that dreadful, horrible School Days)

Awwww, baby didn't get his happy ending?

Epic first post. Taunting right off the bat.

Now, raise your hand if you are going to buy the DVD's of the Endless Eight arc!!

*Hand shoots up*

Ok, now that I've read all that, my view on this.

1. New clothes are new, old scenes are old.
2. Still found this to be funny, intriguingly enough. In fact, I found it interesting the whole way through, probably cos I know it will end soon.
3. I still like EE, no matter what others say, or whether they insult me and call me a mindless Haruhi fanboy, I still like EE.
4. This episode was well drawn, and I was happy to see the distinct lack of K-Oniness in Mikuru this go around. Although the presence of elementary Azusa at the pool was kind of a sellout.

I know that most people don't read posts, instead just opting to post their hate on the first page, but for those who do read this, leave your comments on my comments, whether you agree or disagree, I like hearing others opinions and debating, just not having them forced on me.

ALSO: The theory of 42 episodes instead of 28 is a welcome one. FINALLY, PEOPLE WILL STOP BASHING SEASON 2 SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY THINK HALF OF IT WILL BE ENDLESS EIGHT!

Jul 17, 2009 12:10 AM
Mar 2009
The best way to enjoy these episodes is to try to remember the lines everyone says and point out some of the new animation. You probably won't get them all, but if Kyoani keeps this up, you'll have mastered it.

Well, that's my 2 cents, I continue to watch because of that. Now if it was like the same exact episode , same animation and whatnot, I wouldn't watch at all but you gotta give props to Kyoani for reanimating every single one of these episodes even though it's generally the same shit, just with new clothes, different camera angles, and a tidbit of stuff we haven't seen before like the planes and the graveyard.
Jul 17, 2009 12:16 AM

May 2008
koizumi in speedo -giggles-
i definatly enjoyed that >:D

even though im not a HUGE haruhi fan like a lot of ppl here, i am a HUGE KyoAni fan... after watching this season of haruhi im really dissapointed :(

you've broken a my (and probably billions of other fans) hearts. T_T
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 17, 2009 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
Oh boy ... I think they have gotten the point apart, no anime and I mean no anime in my opinion should be able to get away with looping an episode so many times ... T_T
Jul 17, 2009 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
I'm assuming there will be eight episodes at the most. I'll wait for the EE arc to finish completely, then I think I'll just watch all of the episodes back-to-back in one sitting. No point in getting excited each week anticipating a new episode.

Jul 17, 2009 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
I'd pay good money for this episode to be switched with 3 and have it end with 5 (never airing the original 3 and 4). It had interesting camera angles and animation after all. I think I'll just make my own haruhi by renaming 6 as 3, pretending the rest weren't even aired, and going from there. *evil laugh*

Any others for making their own series out of what we've had so far? Anyone? *tumbleweed*
Jul 17, 2009 1:09 AM

Jan 2008
I think we're secretly part of some kind of experiment...

Honestly I could have enjoyed this ep in a way if it came earlier...

The red text at the begining of the thread mentioned the series was told in 6 ways, so hopefuly next time is the last one...

In the mean time 1/5 coz I'm more than fed up...
Jul 17, 2009 1:26 AM

Dec 2007
I only watched the part where they showed Koizumi in a speedo. I REALLY hope that they're going to end this Endless Eight crap soon. :/
Jul 17, 2009 1:39 AM
Jul 2009
So when we finally get out of this arc, we can cut up the old episodes and splice them together to make out own custom episodes of Endless Eight!

Heck, we can put together a program that contains MPlayer, as well as the video for all the episodes of Endless Eight, and every time you run it it can randomly generate a new episode!
Jul 17, 2009 1:51 AM

Sep 2007
Xerain said:
and every time you run it it can randomly generate a new episode!

I can't quite agree with the word "new" here but that's a nice idea. You should add a feature that increases the number Nagato mentiones by one every time you run it.
Jul 17, 2009 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
Xerain said:
So when we finally get out of this arc, we can cut up the old episodes and splice them together to make out own custom episodes of Endless Eight!

Heck, we can put together a program that contains MPlayer, as well as the video for all the episodes of Endless Eight, and every time you run it it can randomly generate a new episode!

That's the best idea I've heard all day.

Jul 17, 2009 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
Are they going for a record? I feel like killing the staff, I can't take it anymore...
Jul 17, 2009 2:03 AM

Dec 2008
It's getting so close to coming to an end..or so it feels like. I can't take it..I really hope they don't make it 8 episodes long of the same thing. I kinda see what they're doing..but please, stop.. :(
Jul 17, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2008
chinlamp said:
3. I still like EE, no matter what others say, or whether they insult me and call me a mindless Haruhi fanboy, I still like EE.
This is why there are wars, genocides and other crimes against humanity. Because some people just can't seem to come to an understanding with others. I accept your resolve, but I will never be able to understand you.

About the episode, I'm kinda content with accepting that I have been royally trolled. They even trolled the hell out of me with the scene repeated 4 times and that clock at the end. I feel better than I did last week at least. This episode had Yuki in a school swimsuit, so I'm a little happy about that. Ultimately, I have dropped this, such a shame too since I really enjoyed that first episode. After that it just kinda felt like practice, like I'm training for something big and developing muscle memory, . . . I don't even know what I'm talking about this show has just caused me to go on random tangents . . . hmm, too much melted brain matter. I'm sure I'll pick this back up if somebody tells me it gets really interesting.
Jul 17, 2009 2:23 AM

Apr 2008

Jul 17, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
yea its going to be 8 eps for sure.
first episode was a 9/10 for me - after the first repitition i thought ok whatever, for every other repitition it went down by 2 meaning (though the 6th one wasn't so ba d so just -1) I'm at exactly 3/10 right now....
Don't know what i'll do with the remaining 2 endless eight episodes now...

man ... no points bellow zero in mal... sucks

even if the remaining episodes kick ass it's not going to be more than 7/10 all together.
and if they're average it's going to be 6/10

I'm really looking forward to pull down the rating just a bit.don't care what all those blind haruhi lovers think but i don't like to be screwed with ...
GuybrushJul 17, 2009 2:38 AM
Jul 17, 2009 2:57 AM

Jan 2008
Oh, seriously xDD When they left out the yukata-scene I was like "yay, they use the time to end this" and at 21min I thought "YES! Still a few minutes to go, Kyon, end this!"
But you all know how it ended...xD

Honestly, I was laughing throughout the whole episode, that's just how funny it is. Ridicuolusly, trollingly funny. I'm so not angry...just amused.

Hah.

Oh, and Koizumi + Speedo = Climax of the ep.

Jul 17, 2009 3:03 AM
Jun 2009
Dropping this until the arc ends.

I believe this thread has been repeated 15,499 times. However, it has not always happened the same way. For example, on the 2,875th and 9,003rd occasions, no one gave the episode a 5. In 533 of the repetitions, Metal Gear references were omitted. Star Trek references also varied, with references to other shows including Back to the Future, Austin Powers, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Terminator 2, and so on.

Jul 17, 2009 3:06 AM

Feb 2009
Syb3rStrife said:

100% agreed
Jul 17, 2009 3:20 AM

Sep 2008
I don't know how everyone can be so hateful towards these episodes... Personally, I find them very well done (though I will admit, I didn't like the 3rd EE much).

In particular this episode, the amount of suspense that was built up throughout this episode was amazing, bringing it towards the ending where you really weren't sure if it was going to end or not. The way they play out the events prior to the 'final' scene in the cafe somehow seem to have gone really quickly, but in the end meets up to finish the episode in the usual place.

I suppose it helps if you don't look at how much time is left in the episode. (Or come here first to spoil the ending xP)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I won't say anymore.

chinlamp said:

Not alone, I've been enjoying these episodes a lot, especially this one. ^^ Best one so far in my opinion. The 42 episodes rumour would also be very welcome for me as well.
Jul 17, 2009 3:29 AM
Jul 2009
Wow. I just registered.. I'm glad I can come here and share my thought with all of you who are feeling the exact same way. I think it's funny.. I seriously...
Ahh.. I don't hate it... but funny how they are pulling it off..
I mean here I am can't wait for the next episode. I think I watched episode 5 twice by accident, lol.
Episode 6 comes.. I seriously think, am I waching the EXACT same episode, maybe I clicked the wrong one...
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
It was a waste really, I learned nothing new from this, nothing!
Jul 17, 2009 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
i guess i have no hope anymore -_-'

endless 8 = hopeless me ?
Jul 17, 2009 3:53 AM

Apr 2009
SealkidHaruhiism said:
Endless Eight is going to end next week. July 23,2009....
Cause Kadokawa told Kyoani to make 6 episodes of E8......
Moonphase announce Haruhi being 42 episodes instead of 28.
全28話構成じゃなくて、1クール足して全42話構成なら、8月いっぱい『エンドレスエイト』やっても構わないのに。
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/200907

More Haruhi to come!!!!!!

Was I happy to hear this? A month ago I would have said Hell Yeah, but now I don't know anymore. Maybe if they promise to omit any more time travel.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

450 by Thwiggy »»
Jun 12, 1:42 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 25, 2009

248 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 10, 12:44 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

293 by AbrahamGAGA2002 »»
Jun 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fabrice - Jun 18, 2009

204 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 6, 9:44 AM

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1540 by nicosb2810 »»
Jun 5, 7:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.