Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
Harlequina said:
What are peoples' general opinion on the realta nua Vita ("2012") OST?

I was recording a video and just went with the default options, except with Emiya. Default for the latest realta nua translation patches = Vita OST. Yes they give you the option to change between song version.

But now I'm not entirely sure I should've done that. I know that I personally like the remix of All Evil of the World more than the original, but that's all I can say for sure right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHPMkzA79Z4

My observations are the following: 2012 OST got definitly better piono quality and it sounds "cleaner" and "smoother". That means that most of the 2012 OST is better than the original, escpacially the battle music (aside from Emiya). However the 2012 OST often tends to butcher the "background" aspects of a track, which was often the main charm of the original OST...

I am still on the fence about everyday music myself, but in general I'd say: Choose 2012 OST for everything, aside from the following few exceptions which I think are better in original form:

-Emiya
-The End of Reminiscence
-Quiet Voice
-Ever-Present Feeling (yes, I am serious, 2012 version only improves piano aspect, but everything else about it sounds worse than the original, escpacially those "bells" in the background, damn the 2012 version completely butchered that aspect, which is IMO the most memorable and impactful part of the track)
Grey-ZoneApr 19, 2015 3:42 PM
Apr 19, 2015 4:00 PM

Mar 2013
What about In the Name of God? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_QQKVZKXE vs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfXz3ZgGTUc I'm on the fence about that one.

Definitely keeping original Emiya. And as for the Everpresent Feeling remix... well, it sounded pretty normal to me tbh while recording, so I think that's good enough really. It'll play for only 1:30 minutes (when Shirou starts thinking about Sakura during his fight with Kirei)

Edit: You know what, this is fine as it is. If it switch between originals and remixes too much it'll probably sound a bit weird anyway (2012 sounds "cleaner" like you said). Original Emiya is enough. Thanks for the input.
HarlequinaApr 19, 2015 4:21 PM
Apr 19, 2015 11:49 PM

Sep 2013
Grey-Zone said:

-Ever-Present Feeling (yes, I am serious, 2012 version only improves piano aspect, but everything else about it sounds worse than the original, escpacially those "bells" in the background, damn the 2012 version completely butchered that aspect, which is IMO the most memorable and impactful part of the track)

I kinda like the 2012 version. I didn't at first, but it kinda grows on you.

I agree tho, the original is faaaaarrrr better. Just hearing it bring back memories of the VN. So~ emotionally resonant ;_;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2015 4:40 PM

May 2014
So it looks like they're putting a bit of Lancer and Gil next ep. I hope they don't replace one of the only good retreats and replace with a dumb one. I like Rin holding Shinji hostage, and Kiri sending Lancer to possibly get into a fight with Gil just to save Shirou and Rin doesn't really make sense.
Apr 20, 2015 4:54 PM

May 2014
Or not lol

I heard Lancer being angry in the preview and I thought he must must get to the castle earlier. If he's talking to Archer that must be at the end of the episode because I thought that would be ages away.
Apr 20, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2014
I don't think there's much to cover until the church scene, or is there?
Apr 20, 2015 10:48 PM

May 2014
FlamepriesT said:
I don't think there's much to cover until the church scene, or is there?

Iirc

I guess it isn't allot, it just seems like a lot of important stuff happens, I hope each part gets a decent amount of time without making it look like they're teleporting everywhere lol
Apr 21, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
There is also the pendant explanation from Rin.

EDIT:I looked in the lparchive.

There is Distortion talk,Gil identity and power speculation,Lancer alliance and the walk through the forest which includes the pendant reveal.Then they reach they church.
ssjokgApr 21, 2015 5:37 AM
Apr 21, 2015 5:32 AM
Apr 2012
The preview also seems to imply an original scene with Kuzuki. Tbh it seems like they might be rushing a bit next episode, I expected it to end right before they got to the church, but if they're having Lancer and Archer's confrontation and new scenes too... I just hope it doesn't take away from the Distortion scene, or the caratherization Lancer gets in this part (the talk as they walk out of the forest is pretty good, wonder if that'll be cut).
Apr 21, 2015 5:37 AM

Aug 2009
I dont think the fight will start.Just like it was with Sasaki and Saber,or Herc and Gil.

Like"
"I dont like Servants like you"
"Pride yada yada"
"Shirou lets go"
Lancer takes fighting stance.
Apr 21, 2015 5:51 AM

May 2014
I agree, the two teams squaring up will be the cliffhanger for next episode.

Although I do think it will still have to be a little zippy, "Don't touch my tsundere" scene is pretty much confirmed considering the BL preview, but I hope there's a little more interaction than that.
Apr 21, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2009
WrongPriest said:
I agree, the two teams squaring up will be the cliffhanger for next episode.

Although I do think it will still have to be a little zippy, "Don't touch my tsundere" scene is pretty much confirmed considering the BL preview, but I hope there's a little more interaction than that.

Well Lancer has to explain why he is there so that will be there.And no matter what he says or does(elevator scene)he always has his attitude mixed in so it will be ok.

What they must must be careful with is Distortion and Gil's analysis.

That way we wont have "OMG Shirou beat Gil who killed Herc.PLOT armor"

Then again in the ep discussion, someone called the girl that screamed in school PLOT ARMOR so...
Apr 21, 2015 6:06 AM

May 2014
Speaking of Analysis I wish they had put in more of Shirou getting sword boners.. I fear the eleventh hour super powers will be strong.

But yeah I've been waiting for Distortion for ages, I can only pray atm
Apr 21, 2015 6:24 AM

Aug 2009
Well the only swords he was getting boners from,in UBW, are K&B.Even in Fate the only time you feel like"Woah that guy sure has a sword fetish" is when he talks about Gil's original NPs.Before that it was "Hm, I like swords".

For Distortion they have to show that Shirou isnt right in the head(well they already did but there is emphasis here)with Rin POV,as in the VN.
They have to make people understand that Shirou can have his reasons for being like that even if they dont understand them, like Rin.
Shirou's lines are more or less the same as before but here he starts reaching an answer to what Saber was asking him previously and what Archer was saying.They have to make him seem like he reached an answer,like in the VN,so that Answer will feel more "natural".
If you ask me, Answer already has the foundation it needs(unlike a certain movie),but it will be better if they make Shirou appear like he had already reached an answer before it.

For Answer I am more afraid about Archer.They have to make it like he does understand what Shirou is saying and that he starts remembering how he was at his age(or before becoming a CG).Showing him realizing his mistake just before Shirou stabs him wont be enough.
Apr 21, 2015 8:01 AM

Mar 2013
Am I right in thinking that there's "a lot of episodes left for what is actually in the route in the VN"?

If that's correct, then... either there'll be a fair amount of potentially interesting new content, or they'll spend more time than usual on certain big events that take place later.

You guys have been saying that there's some rushing with the plot (now and in earlier episodes). That's why I bring it up.
Apr 21, 2015 8:33 AM

May 2014
Harlequina said:
Am I right in thinking that there's "a lot of episodes left for what is actually in the route in the VN"?

If that's correct, then... either there'll be a fair amount of potentially interesting new content, or they'll spend more time than usual on certain big events that take place later.

You guys have been saying that there's some rushing with the plot (now and in earlier episodes). That's why I bring it up.

Isn't that a bit weird though? The first cour was pretty well paced but the last few episodes have all been a little squashed. What are they rushing to? Longer fights?

Well if it's true than the underground church confrontation should last at least 3 episodes :) That'll make me happy.
Apr 21, 2015 9:12 AM

Aug 2009
I just realized that the preview scene is Shirou's piece in a fire.
Apr 21, 2015 9:16 AM

Oct 2014
WrongPriest said:
Harlequina said:

Isn't that a bit weird though? The first cour was pretty well paced but the last few episodes have all been a little squashed. What are they rushing to? Longer fights?

Well if it's true than the underground church confrontation should last at least 3 episodes :) That'll make me happy.

Keep in mind that first cour TV airing had 16 episodes length (episodes 0 + 1...12 from which three episodes are double length), while the TV airing of the second cour TV airing will only have 13 episodes length (episodes 13...24 from which the last one is double lenght). From that it's almost certain that the second cour will have much more of BD additions than the first cour had. I think EP14 was already confirmed to have 7 minutes cut...
Apr 21, 2015 9:17 AM

Feb 2015
WrongPriest said:
Harlequina said:

I certainly hope so.That is the same reason why I am being neutral about the entire scenario.Though certain changes up till now has aggravated me quite enough,if Nasu says that there is something to look forward to in the later half,I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt to him even if I am personally,not a big fan of Miura.
Apr 21, 2015 9:20 AM

May 2014
Othi-tan said:

Oh wow.

That's actually.. pretty cool.
Apr 21, 2015 10:15 AM
Apr 2012
Othi-tan said:

Damn, that's awesome, I was trying to figure this one out. Why is Shirou's pawn now black, though? And what's the piece it's reflecting? Regardless, that bodes well for Distortion, at least they'll definitely insist on the effect the fire had. Hopefully they keep the part about him "dying, and being reborn" (it's in internal monologue). At the very least, we should get the way he admired Kiritsugu's happiness. There's also a reminder of "I'm used to seeing dead bodies" at the school. And the way he outright tells Rin "I can't listen to your warning. I realize there's something wrong with me. But it's all right.
Because there's no way that wanting to help people can be a mistake." is freaking great.
Apr 21, 2015 11:23 AM

Aug 2009
It was black?

Just rewatched.Yeah.I dont think there is a real reason.The night, the smoke, the burns or it could be black so we can the reflection of that other piece that is probably Kiritsugu.
ssjokgApr 21, 2015 11:30 AM
Apr 21, 2015 11:54 AM

Sep 2014
Harlequina said:

Yeah, some moments were rushed. I totally agree with you - given the fact that the last episode will be longer and assuming the wrap up the church events in the following 2-3 episodes, there'll still be enough time for 1-2 full episode left according to my predictions.

But to be honest, I don't believe they rushed any vn content aside from ep 1. In that case, it seemed like they were trying to get that part out of the way so that the following episodes could start with an appropriate scene, have some character backstory, and still end with a cliffhanger or a fitting moment.
Apr 21, 2015 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
Grey-Zone said:
WrongPriest said:

Keep in mind that first cour TV airing had 16 episodes length (episodes 0 + 1...12 from which three episodes are double length), while the TV airing of the second cour TV airing will only have 13 episodes length (episodes 13...24 from which the last one is double lenght). From that it's almost certain that the second cour will have much more of BD additions than the first cour had. I think EP14 was already confirmed to have 7 minutes cut...
Second half consists of episodes #13~25.
Apr 21, 2015 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Oh wait, if it's a 13 episode cour and the last one is twice as long, then there's like 2-3 episodes too many. I really don't know what they're going to do with these.
Apr 21, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Oh wait, if it's a 13 episode cour and the last one is twice as long, then there's like 2-3 episodes too many. I really don't know what they're going to do with these.

Archer backstory episodes, and/or 3-episodes long answer, with Lancer shining moment inbetween to please actionfags.

Or if we get lucky, epilogue will be the whole of EP25, showing grail dismantaleing and Shirou showing off Archer-level skill.
Apr 21, 2015 3:22 PM

Nov 2013
Grey-Zone said:
3-episodes long answer
Yes please.
Apr 21, 2015 3:26 PM

Sep 2013
GARBrotato said:
Grey-Zone said:
3-episodes long answer
Yes please.

I don't know, that might be wishful thinking.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2015 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
Mickdrew said:
GARBrotato said:
Yes please.

I said the magic word.
Apr 21, 2015 3:32 PM

Sep 2013
GARBrotato said:
Mickdrew said:

I said the magic word.

Damn, that shut me up :3

3 episode answer confirmed! ^_^
Apr 21, 2015 4:48 PM

Sep 2014
Grey-Zone said:
FlamepriesT said:

Archer backstory episodes, and/or 3-episodes long answer, with Lancer shining moment inbetween to please actionfags.

Or if we get lucky, epilogue will be the whole of EP25, showing grail dismantaleing and Shirou showing off Archer-level skill.

I don't think these things would be that good for the most part. Ufotable would have to do an amazing job to keep people engaged for that long.

The backstory scenes haven't been as interesting as the rest of the series, so I don't know if that'd be a good move, even though that seems to be a Ufotable has decided to go for in the second cour (meh).

I don't think having a 2-episode long epilogue would be any good, unless they have some fantistic ideas or want to put us to sleep like they did with KnK's epilogue. There is more than enough time for Shirou and Rin to raid the temple and everything to be wrapped up in ep 25, even if the fight scenes are really long. They just have to end ep 24 with that in mind, which is really easy.
Apr 21, 2015 5:19 PM

Oct 2014
I was exaggerating, still I hope epilogue ends on a little more final note than VN UBW True did, like skip completely to London or something.
Apr 21, 2015 11:47 PM

Sep 2014

Garden of Avalon, Kay's story. =3
The sun is a deadly laser
Apr 21, 2015 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
Apr 22, 2015 1:22 AM

Sep 2013
heh Fai deleted your post from the salt club, mira

Guess that's not surprising . . .
Apr 22, 2015 1:23 AM

May 2014
Mickdrew said:

I just realized that too lol
Apr 22, 2015 1:49 AM

Mar 2015
WrongPriest said:
Mickdrew said:

I just realized that too lol

Mod abuse, just as expected ;)

Ah well, I suppose that's our cue to migrate here~
Apr 22, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
How was Rin able to damage Caster? With just bare magic enhanced fists? Kuzuki at least had a canon reason why he could directly damage servants, but what about Rin? If "it was magic" is the reason then couldn't Kiritsugu use magic strenghtened bullets to kill servants as well by having Iri "cast magic" on them?
Apr 22, 2015 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
Grey-Zone said:
How was Rin able to damage Caster? With just bare magic enhanced fists? Kuzuki at least had a canon reason why he could directly damage servants, but what about Rin? If "it was magic" is the reason then couldn't Kiritsugu use magic strenghtened bullets to kill servants as well by having Iri "cast magic" on them?
Caster was really weak in anything except magic and you cant really compare Rin with Kerry(or anyone from the 4th war).And she knows the basics of CQC.Also the classic plan of all TM mcs "SURPRISE ATTACK".
ssjokgApr 22, 2015 8:53 AM
Apr 22, 2015 8:45 AM

Feb 2015
Rin is proficient in CQC.on the other hand,though Caster is from the age of Gods..her body durability is pretty poor....So Rin was able to take the surprise element factor and combine it with this advantage to defeat Caster.
Apr 22, 2015 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
Gonna pretend I have Future Prediction and say this.

Rin beats Caster->That's my girl.
Shirou beats Archer(somewhat) and Gil->wtf humans cant beat Servants.
Apr 22, 2015 10:04 AM

Oct 2014
chat77 said:
Rin is proficient in CQC.on the other hand,though Caster is from the age of Gods..her body durability is pretty poor....So Rin was able to take the surprise element factor and combine it with this advantage to defeat Caster.

You don't understand what I wanted to say... I am talking about the whole "humans cannot damage servants, because they are spirits, that's why guns don't work". If guns don't work, why would human fists work? If magical enhancement is all that is necessary, then wouldn't the master be able to touch the holy grail themselves? Or why not use the same concept for gun bullets? But Kirei and Rin insist that Servants are necessary because the grail is in "spirit form", i.e. untangable for humans. But Archer could hold Rin in sprit form, Shirou could punch Archer's hand and Rin could actually DAMAGE Caster, a SPIRIT. So what is going on here?
Grey-ZoneApr 22, 2015 10:07 AM
Apr 22, 2015 10:16 AM

Aug 2009
Grey-Zone said:
chat77 said:

You don't understand what I wanted to say... I am talking about the whole "humans cannot damage servants, because they are spirits, that's why guns don't work". If guns don't work, why would human fists work? If magical enhancement is all that is necessary, then wouldn't the master be able to touch the holy grail themselves? Or why not use the same concept for gun bullets? But Kirei and Rin insist that Servants are necessary because the grail is in "spirit form", i.e. untangable for humans. But Archer could hold Rin in sprit form, Shirou could punch Archer's hand and Rin could actually DAMAGE Caster, a SPIRIT. So what is going on here?

Humans possess souls->soul is a concept ->able to touch other souls.

That is what i always thought.Maybe lore has something I forgot about,but it always made sense for me that humans can interact with Servants.

And arent those rules just a lie?You know.Since the actual ritual/goal needs all 7 Servants to be killed.
Apr 22, 2015 10:21 AM

Feb 2015
okay,so after some clarification from reliable sources....the thing is Rin used "strengthening" thats how she jumps roof and stairs and is able to harm Caster.Kiritsugu's bullets are just bullets that concentrates on the magic circuits but servants don't have any....Rin and Kuzuki are exceptions in that regard...
Apr 22, 2015 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Servants have circuits. It just happens to be the case that most don't make use of them, so the Origin Bullet is useless against them.

And the thing about what Kirei and Rin said about cooperating with Servants because they can't interact with the Grail... Kirei is lying and Rin has no idea. Gilgamesh notes the contradiction of all of this in UBW, when he explains his evul planz to the mongrels after he got rid of the Faker.
Apr 22, 2015 5:02 PM

Sep 2014
Othi-tan said:
Gonna pretend I have Future Prediction and say this.

Rin beats Caster->That's my girl.
Shirou beats Archer(somewhat) and Gil->wtf humans cant beat Servants.

I actually never got this bit :I

A bunch of human HS were stronger than their Servant counter part in life, a la grail container.

So technically, humans can beat servants....
Apr 22, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
Mickdrew said:

If you think Fai went overboard with something for personal reasons, just talk to Worm about it. Everybody knows he is lenient towards Fai, but he's already said he doesn't want a grudge between the clubs.

I've made a point of letting him know Fai kicked me out of the group for personal reasons - obviously without a warning - as soon as he was made an admin again. I explained that I'd only posted 2 messages in the club that would never warrant a ban and how Fai even left a very rude comment on my profile out of the blue when that happened.

Worm invited me to the group after that and said he'd take away Fai's privileges if he kicked me out again. If Fai starts doing that sort of stuff with no legitimate reason, I do believe Worm will do something about it.
Apr 22, 2015 5:07 PM

Sep 2014
FlamepriesT said:
Mickdrew said:

If you think Fai went overboard with something for personal reasons, just talk to Worm about it. Everybody knows he is lenient towards Fai, but he's already said he doesn't want a grudge between the clubs.

I've made a point of letting him know Fai kicked me out of the group for personal reasons - obviously without a warning - as soon as he was made an admin again. I explained that I'd only posted 2 messages in the club that would never warrant a ban and how Fai even left a very rude comment on my profile out of the blue when that happened.

Worm invited me to the group after that and said he'd take away Fai's privileges if he kicked me out again. If Fai starts doing that sort of stuff with no legitimate reason, I do believe Worm will do something about it.

Idk why, but I find this adorable :l
Apr 22, 2015 5:14 PM

Sep 2014
Mochiron. Watashi wa kirei desu.
Apr 22, 2015 7:14 PM

Oct 2014
I was actually talking about regular bullets and bombs and stuff. Magically enhanced granade from granade launcher right into a Servant's face! Kaboom!

Use particles of A-rank wolves as pellates (I bet I miss-spelled that) for the granade and you could even kill berserker!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (20) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Heaven's Feel Manga Discussion [HF Spoilers!]

LoomyTheBrew - May 11, 2015

22 by LoomyTheBrew »»
Dec 24, 2015 11:52 AM

» RP Game - Have your avatar speak to the avatar above you ( 1 2 )

TrueKireiPriest - Mar 31, 2015

93 by removed-user »»
Dec 6, 2015 10:57 AM

» Need advice on web purchase

Taimanin_Irelia - May 7, 2015

1 by Bobulated »»
May 7, 2015 9:31 AM

» Tu Aru Majutsu no Index General Discussion SPOILERS AHEAD

Bobulated - Apr 25, 2015

6 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 27, 2015 9:48 AM

» Fanfiction Thread!(Spoilahs)

mira-pyon - Apr 22, 2015

3 by Shrimperor »»
Apr 23, 2015 1:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.