Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 16, 2015 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
What a ride this show has been, really pleased that I picked this as my first anime sports show. Can't wait to get started on the second season and the various matches and developments that it brings, Sawamura vs Furuya should be in interesting battle for title of the Ace indeed.
May 9, 2015 8:47 AM

Dec 2013
Best girl was a 3rd year.. Too bad
Jun 17, 2015 4:49 PM

Sep 2014
Sad episode, especially when the third years bid their farewell. "Dont lose like we did". I'll miss the third years and their quirky personalities. 9/10.
?
Aug 25, 2015 9:11 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually crying. ;___; It was really a good episode. Chris-senpai batting Eijun's pitches. I am going to miss the third years for sure. ~ And "Don't lose... like we did." //sobs
Sep 6, 2015 3:10 AM

Mar 2012
Had its moments but overall I didn't like it.

There was just too much padding in this show with the 2+ minute recap intros, lots of flashbacks (not to mention badly timed ones during games), and how they slowly show every single person trying to cheer a fella up whenever they make a mistake. Then there was the tournament game against Inashiro which was hyped as hell, lasted 10+ episodes only to be a loss which ended the seniors' year and also resulted in Sawamura being unable to pitch inside. Sure the last few episodes were pretty interesting and the first half of the series, though slow, wasn't bad but it wasn't good enough to make up for the majority of the 2nd half.

Might give S2 a look eventually but not anytime soon.
Nov 27, 2015 12:07 PM

Oct 2008
The problem with this series is that ,for lack of better words,there is no world outside the baseball field.Like literally everything about this series revolves around it, which would be ok if this was about a professional baseball team struggling trough the leagues and whatnot,but as its still set in high school it felt quite contrary to what it was aiming to be at first.
Didn't like Sawamura (really getting tired of all these Naruto knock-offs) and especially Furuya, and how the series always glossed over opposing teams players like they were insignificant if they weren't 1 or 2 designated key players (with the exception of Inashiro)

Also 13 episodes for just 1 match? Like goddamn...
Dec 17, 2015 7:13 AM

Jun 2014
bleh this was terribly boring and it dragged out way too much

2/10 fuck baseball

the production values were fantastic and the ost was nice but the story was uninteresting and as i said before, it dragged out way too much, not to mention it was predictable and booooring

the main protagonist was also annoying as fuck and some of the side characters became really annoying as well
alpha_shadowDec 17, 2015 7:20 AM
:3
Jan 23, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2013
Amazing finale.. yet it made me cry!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2016 5:41 AM
Jan 2016
8/10 overall was rating 9 or maybe more until the seidou vs inashiro nonsense + boring episodes after it
Jan 9, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2015
Bye Seniors and awesome men in black picture for the ending.
Oct 5, 2017 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
Will there be any development between wakana and sawamora?
Nov 4, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
phew finally got through the first season. it took me about a couple years, but i made it! i dropped this anime twice but since i love sports genre so much, i just couldn't stay away

i have very mixed feelings about Diamond no Ace, sometimes it's really fun to watch but other times it's just painful. this is easily the most dragged out sports anime i've ever watched, and that's saying something. that's probably one of the aspects of this anime that i disliked the most, these 75 episodes easily could have been 50 or less episodes. i've seen other sports anime get more done in 24 episodes, while being equally well-developed and exciting

another aspect that i have a love/hate relationship with is the fact that our MC, Sawamura, is nothing like a typical shounen MC. he's not strong at all, and he hardly gets any time on the mound. Furuya and Kazuya seemed to get more attention than him. hell, even Mei seemed more MC-like than Sawamura, and he's just a side character. but i do really like his character, even though he's kinda loud and stupid. i do wish he got more attention though, it's fine that he's not OP from the very beginning. but 75 episodes later and he barely made any progress. not satisfying at all

i'll give it a 7/10 (or more like 6.5/10 but i'm bumping it up purely for enjoyment), some moments i enjoyed but other times i really felt like i would just drop this anime and never come back

i hope the second season will be better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2011
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this seines and I don't...can't...haven't watched baseball.

There's a lot to look forward to next season.
Jan 18, 2018 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Phew finally finished this show, it was a bumpy ride but I enjoyed it overall.

I feel like if this had been 1 cour shorter the series would have been more polished overall. The aftermath of the final game just dragged and went nowhere, it picked up right at the end in the last 3 episodes but the damage was already done.

I'll take a break and marathon S2 at some point, 7/10 overall.
Jan 27, 2018 1:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Sempai team won the friendly match!!!
I think, after watching the last episodes, the team is ready to win the Autumn Championships!!!!

8/10 for this first season!!!
Aug 23, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2013
Nice to see Eijun pitching with crashing again.

Seniors rule,stupid! LOL

Finally finished watching the first season. Time to start the second season!
Sep 24, 2018 3:22 PM

Nov 2016
Great characters, drama and matches, especially in the tactical department. These are the aspects where this anime is head and shoulders above many others in the sports genre.

Lit watch overall, but the last few episodes were something else

8/10

And I'm sure that S2 will be even better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
so gave this series a full season and i can understand why people love the series but for me its just not for me

like i said its a good series but id like to have a bit more than just training and then games and just the same 2 over and over again

id like for romance to be in the mix along with school life but i can tell that's just not what this series is its baseball and baseball only which is cool but just not for me

but none the less was a nice watch but 1 season is enough for me
"one step at a time"
Apr 5, 2019 6:03 PM

May 2015
I am so glad that this ended well and didn't leave a bitter taste because of after-losing episodes. Third-years are great after all, it won't be the same team without them but I hope they'll manage to at least reach the same level someday (or even better).

These last episodes actually lifted my spirits in contrast to previous depressing ones. It was a very good show overall, some dragged out scenes here and there, some minor stuff I could pick on, but I just don't want to. This anime fell into category of an emotional journey, loved it! (lucky there's 2 more seasons to watch, haha)
Jun 11, 2019 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
Great game with the seniors, too bad they lost though after that great Sawamura pitch. I guess this last episode wanted to say farewell to the upperclassmen, farewell to the coach by the seniors with their last play and make the current roster stronger . I enjoyed watching them especially the loud mouth Jun and Captain Yuuki's great batting, they will be greatly missed. Furuya is still the ace, Sawamura is a reliever, the coach is still leaving and the team still lacks hard hitters, hmm! I'm really interested to what's next! I'm more interested to how are they going to survive the fall tournament with such weak players, and also how is Sawamura going to overcome Furuya as an ace!

Overall this was good to watch, and I love how the show took a different form. The series took a different from a weak team making it big, to a show about a strong team that has different obstacles to overcome. Most of all it's about the value of an ace in a team, how to build a rock solid pitcher that isn't overcome by ego or petty strife of the game. The show aims to depict a diamond ace in Sawamura.

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 9, 2019 8:42 PM
Apr 2013
I don't know what to think about this series. From a baseball point of view it's pretty good but it fails on everything else.

Sawamura has a group of friends around that girl and a family at the beginning but all of them become completely irrelevant for the whole series. They just stopped existing and you never see them again except of one cameo during one of the games.

Those 4 manager girls are also useless and contribute absolutely nothing to the plot of the show. At the beginning one of them had a small monoloque when she saw Sawamura but for the rest of the show, they are just like life-sized cardboard dummies. Don't know why they get screentime.

There is also no character development outside of the baseball world. And the rival of the MC, Furuya, doesn't even have an own personality. He has literally only two lines: "I want to pitch" and "Stamina roll". While most of the other characters get some development at least inside of the baseball world, Furuya stays just as flat as the 4 manager girls.

It also seems that the baseball players are doing absolutely nothing but playing baseball the whole day, from 5 o'clock in the morning till late at night, every goddamn day, every week and every month. Even pro players at the highest level have some freetime or a day off but those guys don't seem to have school or any kind of social interactions with other people outside of their team.

In summary: This show is nothing but baseball for 75 episodes and somehow entertaining but when I have to compare it to other sports anime, Haikyu does everything better.
advocatusOct 9, 2019 9:01 PM
Dec 8, 2019 8:51 PM

Sep 2018
Sawamura get away from his yips!! yey!!!!

Coach!!!! T----T I want to ship him with Rei-chan lol

Ouchhh!!!!! Senpai leaves already T------T the ending scenes is so emotional!!!
Feb 5, 2020 10:51 PM

Mar 2017
I teared up T__T
Gonna miss the third years

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Jan 4, 2021 2:15 AM
Jun 2020
No matter how many times I rewatch, I still end up crying~
Love this show~ Love the seniors (of practically every sports anime I watched too)

Oct 31, 2021 4:31 AM

Jul 2015
Seniors may be gone but I hope Kataoka will end up staying next season. Besides some redundant repeated scenes and flashbacks, its was an amazing season with some intense matches and topnotch comedy. I especially liked Eijun's growth from only running with tires to somewhat becoming somewhat of a capable player to the team.

Jul 9, 2023 4:32 PM

Aug 2019
Oh my gosh, I’m going to miss Chris even more. Thank for helping Eijun!!

And I’m going to miss the third years even more

Eijun’s energy is back and I love to see it
Jul 27, 2023 3:13 PM

May 2018
End of season 1! I'm glad Sawamura can pitch well again, but I can't wait for him to get his inside pitch back. Lol, this show is really testing my patience with the plot.
Dec 9, 2023 4:33 PM

Jan 2013
A lot of ups and downs for the team but in the end they finally realized again what they're playing for.
Was awesome seeing the seniors helping them out.

Fantastic first season, the matches were entertaining and I think the anime did a fantastic job showing so many different people and differentiating them from where they are in their baseball career.
I just wish it had a bit more to it, I had a fun time but in terms of character development it feels a bit dragged on at times.

Still great show though, excited to see what it can do in the other seasons.

8/10
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2014

56 by MiyukiKennedy »»
Jul 5, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

41 by Jam15 »»
May 28, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.