Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2015 8:52 PM
Nov 2014
LOL....what the fuck is that ending ?

Horrible, I prefer the first season.
Mar 26, 2015 8:57 PM

Dec 2012
wow ok I'm sad about hide. but i do NOT want them to adapt :re. please just leave the series alone, they're just gonna ruin re ;_;
Mar 26, 2015 9:04 PM

Aug 2014
Helenus said:
I thought the creator/mangaka was tightly involved in the making process of the anime? Especially the making of the last episode? How could he allow his work to be butchered the way it was?
I, too, don't know. What I do know, is that Root A was the alternate option Ishida didn't choose to make into the manga. Therefore it's obvious it's the less desirable output. How it was executed however, is done by SP's hand. Ishida probably just provided the route, and some scenes he wanted to incorporate, but SP was still the executive branch. /sigh/

Mar 26, 2015 9:04 PM

Feb 2013
Did NOT expect Hide to die.....sad....

Ugh......

Good season just like the last.....probably going to have to read the manga, because there just seems like I'm missing so much.

8/10
Mar 26, 2015 9:05 PM

Jul 2013
This has to be one of the worst endings of all time.
It slightly beat off the first season.

Manga sales ? Screw you, you lost any interesting left with this waste of time and resources.
Mar 26, 2015 9:12 PM

Oct 2014
Too many plotholes. Sort of to be expected @ 12 eps though
Mar 26, 2015 9:14 PM
Sep 2014
This episode was LAZY AS FUCK (production wise). What the hell? They skipped a whole battle scene!! That part with Kaneki walking while holding Hide lasted a good 4 minutes!! What even happened to all these people and when did Hide join the damn battle?! Predictable?! You fuckin' betcha. Kinda sad? Yeah. Let's face it, they dragged the episode for as long as they could and it turned out being horribly boring and painfully slow-paced.

NOPE. I'm sorry. I was just watching this second season to see if this franchise had anything good to offer (because, well, first season's last episode was genius) but it came out as a great disappointment for me. Some of you guys are saying the manga is really good, and maybe I will have to read it because this last episode was the tipping point. IT WAS A TERRIBLE LAST EPISODE. The only part I liked was the acoustic version of Unravel, that was really nice to listen to.

Mar 26, 2015 9:15 PM
Nov 2014
What a crap, I expected a bad end, but it turned to be worse. It was just : chatting, running, walking, snowing , Anteiku burning .the end
And that re: ....... seriously? Pierrot didn't get enough with ruining the manga, they want to ruin the sequel too?
Mar 26, 2015 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
Helenus said:
I just don't get how this anime could work out the way it did.

I thought the creator/mangaka was tightly involved in the making process of the anime? Especially the making of the last episode? How could he allow his work to be butchered the way it was?

As an anime only viewer it is/was nearly impossible to follow the anime. There are just too much things that are not explained/unmentioned/left out for a non-manga reader to comprehend.

And concerning the 'shitty' ending:

Maybe it's just a marketing trick? Make an anime with nice visuals but with bad storyline/plot. So the people will most likely will take a look at the anime to understand more?

Or is it a cultural thing? I don't know how Japanese viewers (the main audience) think about this. Maybe they are more fond of 'open endings' than American or European fans?

i don't know how tightly he was working with them, but I don't think too closely because of the shitty story telling. you should definitely look into reading the manga... the anime didn't do it any justice whatsoever

So the point of anime is to increase manga sales. They make almost nothing from the DVD sales and it's actually just manga sales that are important. In which case, I would say the anime was really successful because it got a LOT of people to read it. Tokyo Ghoul was already selling well but the anime made it sell more and in america at least, made it super popular. so even though it was a terrible adaption, it worked. It got more manga sales.

I'm still upset about it though.
Mar 26, 2015 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
Well that was really underwhelming. It was a good episode, but as a finale? I don't think so.

Storywise i really enjoyed how it focused on both sides of the conflict, however there was a lot of unnecessary stuff. All the touka scenes and the ccg prison (what was the point in the anime?) come to mind. But since its a butchered adaption, i wonder what all the PLOT actually is.

Characters were pretty good. I really like Kaneki....is what i want to say but his total screen time was like 30 minutes in the second season. All the other characters were likeable in their own way so that's a plus.

Music was awesome, i really loved the soundtrack. Wasn't too much of a fan of the OP but i really liked the ED.

Art and animation was a mixed bag, it was good in some places and absolutely horrible in others.

Overall i enjoyed this less then the first season and honestly would only recommend to people that have read the manga so that they can somehow make sense of whats going on. It did have some quality moments though. 6/10.

I'm looking forward for the manga to come out in English so i can actually experience the greatness that this anime should have conveyed.
Mar 26, 2015 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
kannequi said:
Helenus said:
I, too, don't know. What I do know, is that Root A was the alternate option Ishida didn't choose to make into the manga. Therefore it's obvious it's the less desirable output. How it was executed however, is done by SP's hand. Ishida probably just provided the route, and some scenes he wanted to incorporate, but SP was still the executive branch. /sigh/

who did your signature? it's great
Mar 26, 2015 9:23 PM

Apr 2011
I'm expectin' s3(:re) in two years.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~
Mar 26, 2015 9:26 PM

Sep 2014
loved episode 12...because it have different ending from manga. although im very vey curious to see CCG reaction during Arima and kaneki fight....I mean the episode 12 should been longer...oh well duh

I wonder if there is a light novel about it, atleast there is one about hide and kaneki.

AllenkeyMar 26, 2015 9:43 PM
Mar 26, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
The cups on the table in one scene then gone in the next is about as juvenile as it gets for checking consistency when it's...a prop in a scene.

I guess they blew the budget and that's why they didn't animate the fight sequence.

Best part was the cinematic of Ken walking down the street with his dear friend. It symbolizes a great deal.

Unfortunately, the praise doesn't go far. Don't think this series gets the treatment it prob deserves and as a result the adaption suffers. The art is always inconsistent and the exchanges between characters are belittled. It's a shame. I predominately blame the studio. It's not a very good adaptation all things considering. 6 or 7 out of 10 after I think on it some more. Will watch :re when it comes out.
IZEROIIMar 26, 2015 9:39 PM
Mar 26, 2015 9:39 PM

Nov 2013
Bruhhh soo many things were not explained, we barely even got to see Kaneki in most of the episodes. I just wanted to see more of my centipede-kun and black rabbit
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Mar 26, 2015 9:45 PM
Dec 2014
Bae-chan said:
Bruhhh soo many things were not explained, we barely even got to see Kaneki in most of the episodes. I just wanted to see more of my centipede-kun and black rabbit

I completely agree. They wasted too much time on artsy moments. We never really understood many of the character's motivations. There should have been some closure.
Mar 26, 2015 10:05 PM

Dec 2012
I'm disappointed 8/10

Mar 26, 2015 10:09 PM

Feb 2013
dafuq is this crap. where is the v14? 4/10 and please pierrot dont touch :re, we're done with ur crap
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Mar 26, 2015 10:18 PM
Apr 2013
That was fucking awful, seriously. I loved the first season but the second season is probably the most boring thing I've ever seen. They didn't wrap ANYTHING up this episode, just spent 25 minutes dedicated to Touka running and crying, Hide dying, and Kaneki walking.
Mar 26, 2015 10:24 PM

Aug 2011
adaw31 said:
I can definitely see a season 3 in the distant future (when the manga gets further) and I feel that this ending would flow better into :re than the manga's abrupt ending. This episode was probably the best this season. I can't even begin to describe how amazing it was. It felt so heartwarming. I personally think that Arima didn't kill Kaneki (unless snow seriously piled up). But the way how this season ended was much better than season 1.

Agree...

I enjoyed both seasons I and II. I am going to hope we get a third season as I did read some spoilers regarding some of the more important characters and if that part of the story could be animated...wow!

I ain't clowning around either when I say that. ;p
Mar 26, 2015 10:33 PM

Dec 2014
so it's hide huh, oh well i hope it continues (ofc it will)
Mar 26, 2015 10:37 PM

Jan 2011
that ending was so bad, well, this series is overrated
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Mar 26, 2015 10:39 PM

Jul 2012
coming from someone who did not come into this series reading the manga, i actually really enjoyed this anime series (including the first season). there were a lot of intense moments and i felt completely blown away after every episode.

that being said, the ending disappointed me. not only was i confused but i just felt like they didn't end it, end it and i felt like there were some things that were left unanswered. like am i to assume to yomo was saying that tenchou's last favor was to prevent touka from stopping kaneki from turning himself in? they didn't blatantly state that out and that is something that i need blatantly stated out. plus, did kaneki die or did he turn himself in? what does it mean with arima and his weapon standing on the ground like that followed by a scene with white hair flowing in the wind? who's hair is that anyways? kaneki's? arima's? what? i need this kind of stuff blatantly stated.

well, i guess it's time to start from chapter one of the manga.
Mar 26, 2015 10:43 PM

Oct 2011
Hardly anything happened... At least the walking scene looked nice. A shame that this had to turn out the way it did though.
Mar 26, 2015 10:54 PM
Jun 2014
I have mixed feelings towards this ending. Bit confused on what happened, but overall decent.
Kaneki holding Hide was such a beautiful scene,
I'm so overwhelmed that Unravel was played!
I turned up the volume full blast xD
Animation was ok. I heard the manga is much better, and I have yet to read it soon!
Mar 26, 2015 11:25 PM

Jan 2014
Honestly, I quite enjoyed this ending. Could it have been better? Hell yeah, the whole season felt like it was just skipping around all over the place, randomly introducing characters we know nothing about and then just ditching them. As someone who has not read the manga, shit feels like it's rushed as fuck in places, while really drawn out sometimes. However, I still think this was better than the first season's ending. The animation in this last episode was really beautiful with the flames and falling snow, and the way they presented the flashbacks and all the subtle things that created the aftermath atmosphere was really nice.
I liked this open ending much more than the first season's ending. Here's hoping that a third season will come someday to tie up the loose ends and adapt :re
8/10
Mar 26, 2015 11:27 PM

Sep 2013
feels + unravel = </3
Mar 26, 2015 11:29 PM

Mar 2014
I was just thinking wouldn't it be cool if they played 'Unravel' one more time and then when it started playing I just fangasmed all over <3

Now onto that ending. WTF! I mean what the actual f*ck! That literally answered nothing!
Season 3 plz.
Zanos1Mar 26, 2015 11:37 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Mar 26, 2015 11:50 PM

Mar 2015
What the fuck did i just watch?! How can you let that be your season/series finale???? are you fucking kidding me?

fucking bullshit man. im sick of horrible endings to shows. like okay, i get it, hide is dead. kaneki is walking into a den of people who are probably going to kill him for 5 minutes of your finale? really? what direction are you trying to go in here, make everyone touched that a ghoul is caring for a human? kaneki gonna fight? kaneki gonna die? no closure whatsoever with touka? wtf was kaneki even working for this entire season?!? he had like 4 lines

This season never happened, im protesting its existence
Mar 27, 2015 12:06 AM

Aug 2012
I'm actually glad I didn't read the manga first. It made me enjoy the anime so much! But I do have to agree with the ending. There were some unanswered questions here and there, BUT I'll just read the manga. So no problem here.
That last episode, especially the part where Kaneki was holding Hide, is very sad. I cried my eyes out ;_;
Overall 10/10.
Mar 27, 2015 12:16 AM

Mar 2014
maybe i am being biased but , i am not sure what this anime was going for - i haven't read the manga -, i was really interested in the anime from the first two episodes back from S1 , but somehow the show was just meh , and this ending ... i am not sure how to feel .

There was of course the cool ghoul moments but the censorship just killed it , i really wanted to love this anime but couldn't .

Anyone's sharing this feeling with me?
Mar 27, 2015 12:18 AM

Jan 2011
M00nRise said:

Overall 10/10.

I....
oh just forget it.

I think people forget to rate the whole show...not just how they felt after the most recent episode....this is the most pointless topic to argue in this community.
Mar 27, 2015 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
IZEROII said:

I....
oh just forget it.

I am equally speechless.
Mar 27, 2015 12:29 AM

Aug 2012
IZEROII said:
M00nRise said:

Overall 10/10.

I....
oh just forget it.

I think people forget to rate the whole show...not just how they felt after the most recent episode....this is the most pointless topic to argue in this community.

I did rate it based on the whole anime. -__- I don't get why people hate it. I don't see a problem with it. All I know is that the manga is very different and that it ruined it for people.
Mar 27, 2015 12:32 AM

Jan 2014
iStrawHat_Luffy said:
IZEROII said:

I....
oh just forget it.

I am equally speechless.

Welcome to MAL where users will say the darndest things and nothing makes sense.
Mar 27, 2015 12:38 AM

Jul 2008
Im not satisfied with the anime ending ...They ruin the whole manga events

Mar 27, 2015 12:51 AM
Dec 2014
Only the ending? The whole anime is like a cheaper washed down version of manga and it's probably called an 'alternative' story only because how bad it is.

In the end story was almost identical to manga, only some minor details got changed (that never really mattered) and good part of awesome world building content got cut out.

Like can you imagine any scene that was more awesome in anime compared to its manga counterpart?

Also Unravel was cool the first time, then they started playing it like every other episode..
Sketch_TurnerMar 27, 2015 12:55 AM
Mar 27, 2015 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
3/10

Shit ending to a shit second season, and I haven't even read the manga. The plot is so mangled and nothing that Kaneki does makes any sense. At least they played unravel to make that scene less shit.

Mar 27, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2013
KureijiOtaku-T said:
maybe i am being biased but , i am not sure what this anime was going for - i haven't read the manga -, i was really interested in the anime from the first two episodes back from S1 , but somehow the show was just meh , and this ending ... i am not sure how to feel .

There was of course the cool ghoul moments but the censorship just killed it , i really wanted to love this anime but couldn't .

Anyone's sharing this feeling with me?

I haven't read the manga too. I don't understand WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON. Meh, I thought it'd be all explained in the finale. I feel like being left in an absolute dark room. Why is Touka being so useless and what is it with all of the running scene???! It's a huge disappointment for me.

But the accoustic version of Unravel and the ed tho <3
Mar 27, 2015 1:29 AM

Mar 2015
i liked that acoustic Unravel as much as the next guy, but that doesn't make up for that pile of shit they called a finale
Mar 27, 2015 1:45 AM
Mar 2015
aw hide died very sad
Mar 27, 2015 1:46 AM
Dec 2013
wheres the fight?
Mar 27, 2015 2:23 AM

May 2013
HOW. HOW IN THE WORLD DID HIDE DIED? IS IT BECAUSE OF NORO? AHHHHH

ARIMA KILLED KANEKI OFF SCREEN. THIS IS TOO MUCH.

What a sad way to end this anime. But on a sad note, Kaneki S1 is much better than in this season. Maybe because he was shoehorned to Aogiri (why did he joined anyways). But, zero closure guys. Just like S1. At least unravel acoustic saved this episode.

7/10. Please Pierrot don't touch this franchise anymore (TG Jack is the last pls), just make Akatsuki no Yona S2 or SoreSekai S2.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Mar 27, 2015 2:24 AM
Sep 2014
hahaha I fking can`t understand this end. this second season have a other bad end like her firts season
Mar 27, 2015 2:50 AM

Feb 2014
Decent. Unravel made this episode.
Mar 27, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2011
As for last episode I would have expected something epic and this was just...boring. Bad adaptation overall. If I could I would not watch these two seasons but instead, read the manga. 5/10
Mar 27, 2015 4:10 AM

Dec 2012
Crap ending.

Mar 27, 2015 4:11 AM
Mar 2013
we still dont know what happened with Hide in the manga so it is tricky ehhh
Mar 27, 2015 4:13 AM

Feb 2012
I wanted to know what happened to Eto!! The anime just left me hanging..

Mar 27, 2015 4:23 AM

May 2013
Well, not really a fan of that kind of ending, but the way Hide expressed himself until the end was respectable. So it was Hide in that picture covered in a white sheet of cover. Unexpected indeed. I thought it was Eto before all of this happened. Hahaha! I thought Arima and Kaneki was about to fight.
Anyway, Touka opened a new shop, which the name is :re. An OVA will be coming soon too.
Final score, 8/10.
Pages (16) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » overhated?

FruitPunchBaka - May 22

35 by 876_him »»
Jun 18, 8:35 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

403 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

375 by vladyatsuk »»
Jun 17, 9:00 PM

» This season was amazing, no cap.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 30

41 by Inqo »»
Jun 13, 1:23 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

38 by lunathecatxx »»
May 11, 5:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.