Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2015 12:36 AM

May 2012
MonadoRudra said:
Not sure if someone mentioned this already but the voice actor for the Vers Emperor, Shinji Ogawa, sadly passed away recently, so we might not see him again for the rest of the season.

It is really recent, and the voices are usually recorded with some time. He might have had a few episodes recorded already, especially since he has very little lines.
Was it an illness, or an accident. If it was an illness they probably made him record before in order to give him time to rest and recover, if it was an accident though they might not have the lines recorded.
Mar 15, 2015 12:47 AM
Mar 15, 2015 12:50 AM
May 2013
They rly need to explain what the hell aldnoah actually is
Mar 15, 2015 1:21 AM

Aug 2014
KamiAlice said:
Would you look at that, first 5 pages of comments are the exact same people who say they hate this show every single week and yet can't stop watching. Plus there is seriously someone still defending slaine o.O seriously, I mean i get some people like him as a villian but there is still someone saying "slaine did nothing wrong".

I enjoyed the first half a lot. But this second half, yikes. It was by episode 16 that I realized that this was just going to be very very bad in comparison to the first half.

In the first half, I was a Slaine fan. And I enjoyed the competition with the Inaho fans. But now, I dont like either of them. Ever since they took out Saazb (my favorite character), its just meh.

Only reason why I didnt drop it by episode 16 is because I wanted to see how this all ends. It was 16 down, 8 to go. Now its 22 down, 2 to go.
Mar 15, 2015 1:27 AM

May 2012
43211 said:
KamiAlice said:
Would you look at that, first 5 pages of comments are the exact same people who say they hate this show every single week and yet can't stop watching. Plus there is seriously someone still defending slaine o.O seriously, I mean i get some people like him as a villian but there is still someone saying "slaine did nothing wrong".

I enjoyed the first half a lot. But this second half, yikes. It was by episode 16 that I realized that this was just going to be very very bad in comparison to the first half.

In the first half, I was a Slaine fan. And I enjoyed the competition with the Inaho fans. But now, I dont like either of them. Ever since they took out Saazb (my favorite character), its just meh.

Only reason why I didnt drop it by episode 16 is because I wanted to see how this all ends. It was 16 down, 8 to go. Now its 22 down, 2 to go.

That's perfectly fine and all, and those are reasons you have for disliking the show that are pretty valid. If you compare your post to the posts in the first five pages you'll understand there is a big difference about what i'm talking about.
Your post shows you have reasons for being disappointed and you don't really insult the show anyway, they put stuff like "this show is so horribly bad" and they've been posting that since season 1. My comment was directed to those type of people, not towards someone like you.
Mar 15, 2015 1:42 AM

Apr 2008
Neobosco said:
The protagonists

You win the internets
Mar 15, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2013
Infiltration is currently underway and it looks to be an intense war going on. That guy with the blue Kataphrakt who sliced the others looks strong.
I like that confrontation of Inaho and Slaine. I guess it's confirmed that Slaine is the enemy according to Inaho. Well, it's all still unclear.
Hahaha! Inaho got controlled and it's really hilarious. Maybe he'll get improved arms and legs if they were to be damaged.
Asseylum gets rescued by Klancain. I sense something mysterious about them meeting.
Mar 15, 2015 3:05 AM
Nov 2014
Slow first half episode but it got a little bit interesting when Inaho suddenly get mind controlled near the end. I wanted to see Slaine's reaction when Seylum say that Inaho is a part of her tho, that could have been fun.

3/5
Mar 15, 2015 3:09 AM

Mar 2015
Shot

KamiCity said:
ANGRY2011 said:

Not everyone who is disappointed with the show is incapable of putting together a valid opinion.

Nah I get people who are disappointed and actually have good criticism, and I don't mind those people pointing out their concerns. I'm talking about the half sentence posters who's entire post consists of "this show is so horribly bad" without anything to back up their statements and who post the same thing in every episode thread since like episode 4 of the first cour... of course i'm exaggerating but you get the point right?

Chaser

silverwalls said:
well this episode was really ridiculous tbh. inaho is a robot now? lol

And scene.
Mar 15, 2015 3:16 AM
Aug 2009
Hmmmm....... inconsistencies kinda strike again here.T_T

While the animation is great and boy the EF own Landing Castle looks really cool there. Attaching a huge thing into Deucalion and adding new Catapult system is really nice.^_^

The battle itself is not really nice. Why can't the Vers even landed a single hit towards EF army when the last battle in space, both had difficulties to land even a single hit.T_T The battle only started to turn back to Vers side after the Count go out.

Of course Asseylum and Lemrina continue to disapoint me.T_T First i thought they are going to give some explanation on what does the two princess talked about which lead to Lemrina stop trying to kill Asseylum but nope. They just forget about that and when back to how Lemrina hated Asseylum. At least Lemrina not following Asseylum running had been a better choice as it fit with Lemrina personality where she is gloomy and pessimistic.

Asseylum however, i feel is worst here.T_T The fact that she can even utter that the one she cared the most is the Vers civilization and it's people makes me hate her so much. She never said anything about that in S1, she never shows care when her double dies, she also don't know the pain of the lower class Vers who is stomp by the Counts and she can said these??? It is really a bad choice of word from the writer there. Even if i myself don't know how to salvage Asseylum character this far.

Also, Seylum said that from young all she is taught is that she must care for the Vers people first then the others. It contradicted her action here as she does not seems to bother when the Vers army was destroyed outside there, the EF forces where she chooses to follow keep killing and destroying Vers army.

All Seylum action i see only show that the peace she wanted is Lalaland where logic and reality does not exist only dreams.

For Inaho and Slaine, i don't find anything bad except for how undermanned the castle is.

Inaho Super Powerful "Eye" had AI had not surprised me here considering how the Eye had again and again seems to be the answer for almost everything in this show. Hell it can now even sees people temperature behind the big steel cargo, map all enemy map easily and determined where the princess location is. The last thing we need is the Eye will become a super wish granting item that can grant any wish lol.
Now, i can only hope to see the Eye end up having it's own mind and take over Inaho's broken mind lol. It maybe can become like Migi from Kiseijuu.^_^

Slaine, he simply had go too far, too deep to stop. He will probably only stop the moment he is killed. My only hope is stay alive Lemrina. U don't deserve to die for that baka blond princess.

Ohhh yeah Mazureck, u there??????
casiopaoMar 15, 2015 3:20 AM
Mar 15, 2015 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
I should make a shirt that says SLAINE SHOT FIRST. Would clear up a lot of things.
Mar 15, 2015 3:38 AM

Apr 2008
BruceLad said:
Slow first half episode but it got a little bit interesting when Inaho suddenly get mind controlled near the end. I wanted to see Slaine's reaction when Seylum say that Inaho is a part of her tho, that could have been fun.

3/5

Do you even know what mind controled means? Sweet mother of christ people love to throw that word around when that's not what happened at all
Mar 15, 2015 4:47 AM

Dec 2012
The fight between Inaho and Slaine was ok, too bad that Inaho was tired. Thanks to Klancain for his help.
Mar 15, 2015 4:49 AM

Oct 2008
MonadoRudra said:
Not sure if someone mentioned this already but the voice actor for the Vers Emperor, Shinji Ogawa, sadly passed away recently, so we might not see him again for the rest of the season.

Not like it matters anyway,since he had like 1-2 minutes of total screen time....
Mar 15, 2015 5:04 AM

Mar 2014
sgs2008 said:

Totally agree with that. But I doubt that this will happen.
Mar 15, 2015 5:19 AM

Apr 2012
That catapult mode of the Deucalion has to be the most retarded and backwards way not to mention extremely inefficient of propelling Kataphrakts forward. Seriously a horizontal catapult just like in the medieval ages, using centrifugal force? Really?
Mar 15, 2015 5:20 AM
Mar 2012
MAD_Minori said:
sgs2008 said:

Space magic

casiopao said:
My only hope is stay alive Lemrina. U don't deserve to die for that baka blond princess.

Fight me IRL
Mar 15, 2015 5:27 AM
Aug 2009
swn32 said:
MAD_Minori said:

Space magic

casiopao said:
My only hope is stay alive Lemrina. U don't deserve to die for that baka blond princess.

Fight me IRL

HEAVEN OR HELL!!!

I will choose Lemrina 10times moar than that snake princess though.^_^
Mar 15, 2015 6:03 AM
Jul 2014
casiopao said:
swn32 said:

Space magic

Fight me IRL

HEAVEN OR HELL!!!

All hail the internet braves...........or perhaps not. Here, why don't i get you a pair of Glock M9s with one round each, set you two in a field in Nebraska somewhere and you can have at it.
Mar 15, 2015 6:09 AM

Jul 2007
baki502 said:
That catapult mode of the Deucalion has to be the most retarded and backwards way not to mention extremely inefficient of propelling Kataphrakts forward. Seriously a horizontal catapult just like in the medieval ages, using centrifugal force? Really?

that's how space works, mate.
Till we get rail tech that is how acceleration would work
Mar 15, 2015 6:36 AM
Aug 2009
firemagnet said:
casiopao said:

HEAVEN OR HELL!!!

All hail the internet braves...........or perhaps not. Here, why don't i get you a pair of Glock M9s with one round each, set you two in a field in Nebraska somewhere and you can have at it.

Why so serious lol.^_^ I won't take ur Glock though. I will just run ASAP.
Mar 15, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2013
casiopao said:
firemagnet said:

Why so serious lol.^_^ I won't take ur Glock though. I will just run ASAP.

Both deserve to die imo
Mar 15, 2015 6:46 AM

May 2013
CookingPriest said:
baki502 said:

There are also other means of acceleration.

But why use a simple lift-catapult (you don't need any rail tech for that) like every second mecha anime if you can have a overconvoluted spinning thing the ship has to transform to use and is probably impossible to aim with precision, right?
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Mar 15, 2015 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
CookingPriest said:
baki502 said:

Yeah but you got all sorts of magic in this show, the whole aldnoah shit and everything, and the best they can come up with is technology akin to the medieval ages? Seriously? Everything else is completely SF, but this is just so backwards.
Mar 15, 2015 6:51 AM

Oct 2013
.....I havn't been keeping up. dropped it but wtf....Inaho.....is a robot????
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 15, 2015 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
baki502 said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah but you got all sorts of magic in this show, the whole aldnoah shit and everything, and the best they can come up with is technology akin to the medieval ages? Seriously? Everything else is completely SF, but this is just so backwards.

In case you missed it, Vers have the Aldnoah card
Mar 15, 2015 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
KamiCity said:
Plus there is seriously someone still defending slaine o.O seriously, I mean i get some people like him as a villian but there is still someone saying "slaine did nothing wrong".

In all honesty, if I were to pick a leader to follow it would most likely be Slaine.
Mar 15, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:
baki502 said:

In case you missed it, Vers have the Aldnoah card

What are you talking about? Whats that got to do with the fact that the propelling technique for Kataphrakts of the Deucalion is extremely retarded, time consuming, inaccurate and on the level of the medieval ages?
Mar 15, 2015 7:10 AM
Mar 2012
baki502 said:

What are you talking about? Whats that got to do with the fact that the propelling technique for Kataphrakts of the Deucalion is extremely retarded, time consuming, inaccurate and on the level of the medieval ages?

How is it inaccurate?

Then again since you haven't presented alternatives, I don't really expect you to answer that question.
Mar 15, 2015 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
swn32 said:
baki502 said:

How is it inaccurate?

Then again since you haven't presented alternatives, I don't really expect you to answer that question.

Because catapults where known for being super accurate right? And technologically its not a single bit more advanced than a catapult from the medieval ages. Actuall its kind of worse, as it seems that th Kataphrakts hook on with a grappling hook, and they have to manually release it. Since it is spac we are talking about, it probably means that we are talking several kms or hundreds of kms of distance, meaning that releasing the grappling hook even a moment too late will result in being quite off target.

Now a better solution would be using magnetic propulsion and fire "cannon" like. In that way you could adjust the angle and everything and achieve a lot of a higher accuracy. Not only that but you could fire alot faster, since the mechs would not be released into space directly but could go directly from the mechbays onto the cannon on a railsystem of sorts.

Hell its SciFi, the show obviously doesnt give a fuck about realism so they could just have gone with anything more creative, the limit is their fantasy. but they went with a catapult of all things. A fucking catapult.
Mar 15, 2015 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
baki502 said:
swn32 said:

How is it inaccurate?

Because catapults where known for being super accurate right? And technologically its not a single bit more advanced than a catapult from the medieval ages. Actuall its kind of worse, as it seems that th Kataphrakts hook on with a grappling hook, and they have to manually release it. Since it is spac we are talking about, it probably means that we are talking several kms or hundreds of kms of distance, meaning that releasing the grappling hook even a moment too late will result in being quite off target.

Now a better solution would be using magnetic propulsion and fire "cannon" like. In that way you could adjust the angle and everything and achieve a lot of a higher accuracy. Not only that but you could fire alot faster, since the mechs would not be released into space directly but could go directly from the mechbays onto the cannon on a railsystem of sorts.

Hell its SciFi, the show obviously doesnt give a fuck about realism so they could just have gone with anything more creative, the limit is their fantasy. but they went with a catapult of all things. A fucking catapult.

Sure just give them a few months to build a giant fuckin magnetic cannon just to satisfy your nitpicking. I'm sure the war will wait.
Mar 15, 2015 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Sure just give them a few months to build a giant fuckin magnetic cannon just to satisfy your nitpicking. I'm sure the war will wait.

Dude, this thing was build by the martians. Realistically the earthlings shouldnt even know how to repair the ducalion when it gets damaged because of the difference in technology. Altough to be fair, the martians seem to be retarded as fuck, since they build a device like that. Or wait, martians are real, I meant the writers of the show.
Mar 15, 2015 7:39 AM
Aug 2009
TooFy said:
KamiCity said:
Plus there is seriously someone still defending slaine o.O seriously, I mean i get some people like him as a villian but there is still someone saying "slaine did nothing wrong".

In all honesty, if I were to pick a leader to follow it would most likely be Slaine.

I would sure choose Slaine as my leader more than Asseylum there.^_^

Well having Inaho as my leader who can solve all my case is also not a bad choice.^_^
Mar 15, 2015 7:55 AM
Oct 2010
fimbu1vetr said:

Military logic!? In my animu? away you liar!

At this point I'm not even expecting proper military logic or anything, as people mentioned the catapult system was extremely stupid, and I don't even recall that ship ever being able to transformer like that prior to this. What I want is some consistency and I don't like how the writers conveniently forget things they JUST mentioned. Like literally a couple scenes after! This was a problem in S1 as well, it honestly feels like 2 people are writing different scenes in the episode, except they don't know what the other guy is doing or what direction he is going in.

That's why I used the camera example, how is it Inaho used them for his benefit yet the people who placed them did not? Their escorts should have never been ambushed especially in the scene right after they got ambushed they knew where the princesses and the enemy were. It's crazy.
Mar 15, 2015 8:07 AM

Apr 2008
baki502 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Dude, this thing was build by the martians. Realistically the earthlings shouldnt even know how to repair the ducalion when it gets damaged because of the difference in technology. Altough to be fair, the martians seem to be retarded as fuck, since they build a device like that. Or wait, martians are real, I meant the writers of the show.

What are you talking about? The only martian thing in the Deucalion is the CORE. We already established that pages ago. You really don't pay attention do you
Mar 15, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:

What are you talking about? The only martian thing in the Deucalion is the CORE. We already established that pages ago. You really don't pay attention do you

The ship is captured. I saw that in S1, I paid atleast that much attention. Also what you and afew others establish in theese thread, matters very little to me, and I am not going to read 16 pages of drivel.
Mar 15, 2015 8:12 AM

Mar 2015
baki502 said:
Darklight0303 said:

The Ducalion was built years after Heaven's Fall. Why SHOULDN'T earthlings know how to rebuild mars tech after building that warship? Then again I'm still wondering why some of you don't know why a kinetic catapult would be a good space weapon/launching device. (Some of you should read The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress at the very least)
Mar 15, 2015 8:17 AM

Apr 2008
baki502 said:
Darklight0303 said:

The ship is captured. I saw that in S1, I paid atleast that much attention. Also what you and afew others establish in theese thread, matters very little to me, and I am not going to read 16 pages of drivel.

The ship is not captured you dolt. They ripped the core from the Deucalion and built the ship around it.
Mar 15, 2015 8:18 AM

Jul 2008
Inaho is more of a robot than I thought, I expect the Vers' defenses to hold up with Harklight's OP mech out there. The finale has gotta be a deathmatch between Inaho and Slaine, it would be a little disappointing if both survives now.
Mar 15, 2015 8:23 AM

May 2013
Poor Princess Asseylum; she's a target for assassination yet again.
So Slaine is here to save her! But he found Inaho first!
After some pew pew, Inaho managed to find Seylum, but he becomes unconscious so Inahobot takes over.
"I also think of you as part of myself." Aww. <3

Klancain has found Princess Asseylum! What will happen now?
Will he help her out or take her as hostage? Or just kill her straight away.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 15, 2015 8:24 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 said:

The ship is not captured you dolt. They ripped the core from the Deucalion and built the ship around it.

Whatever, doesnt change anything. The ship was still built in years of time, giving them enough time to come up with a less retarded and inefficient way of propulsing units over long ranges other than a friggin catapult.

@Kelgiar
No offense but a SF author from the 60s is supposed to prove why catapults in space are a sensible and efficient solution? Not only has technology advanced alot in the past 50 years, SF authors really tend to go by the rule of cool rather than efficient. Like the whole controlling shit with your motions or hands thing in spaseships, or talking to a computer. Extremely inefficient and dumb.

Too bad the Catapult didnt even look cool this time tough.
Mar 15, 2015 8:26 AM

Apr 2008
baki502 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Whatever, doesnt change anything. The ship was still built in years of time, giving them enough time to come up with a less retarded and inefficient way of propulsing units over long ranges other than a friggin catapult.

@Kelgiar
No offense but a SF author from the 60s is supposed to prove why catapults in space are a sensible and efficient solution? Not only has technology advanced alot in the past 50 years, SF authors really tend to go by the rule of cool rather than efficient. Like the whole controlling shit with your motions or hands thing in spaseships, or talking to a computer. Extremely inefficient and dumb.

You do realize that the reason the Deucalion went back for fitting last episode was to attach these features right?

You're seriously just out to troll. It's rather clear
Mar 15, 2015 8:28 AM

Jul 2007
> Complains about SF authors doing rule of cool ineficiency
> Complains about Deucalion using a logical mech propulsion system based on real world capabilities

^ Pick one.
Mar 15, 2015 8:31 AM

Mar 2015
baki502 said:
Darklight0303 said:

@Kelgiar

Someone hasn't read the book I cited! ^^
Mar 15, 2015 8:32 AM

Apr 2012
CookingPriest said:
> Complains about SF authors doing rule of cool ineficiency
> Complains about Deucalion using a logical mech propulsion system based on real world capabilities

^ Pick one.

I think I already established that the catapult system is neither cool, nor efficient. Also magnetic propulsion already exists, so that is something they could use.

Also I did not complain about SF authors using the rule of cool, I said they tend to do it. And I also quite like it, when they are consistent with it. Technology is quite advanced in AZ, so seeing such a system that even by todays real life standards is outdated being used in it, is just jarring.
Mar 15, 2015 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
There was only 1 thing that was truly "idiotic" in this episode, which is the fight between Inaho and Slaine. I mean, sure I can understand Slaine missing point blank, since he already has a precendent of missing (or at least killing) from point blank, but Inaho? With his eye, he should have killed Slaine easily. We have a clear case of plot armor protecting Slaine here.

BTW, is the rumor true that Urobuchi writes the last 3 Episodes?
Mar 15, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2007
Grey-Zone said:
There was only 1 thing that was truly "idiotic" in this episode, which is the fight between Inaho and Slaine. I mean, sure I can understand Slaine missing point blank, since he already has a precendent of missing (or at least killing) from point blank, but Inaho? With his eye, he should have killed Slaine easily. We have a clear case of plot armor protecting Slaine here.

It was made clear that Inaho's eye was acting up and he wa sin pain.
Mar 15, 2015 9:43 AM

Apr 2012
CookingPriest said:

It was made clear that Inaho's eye was acting up and he wa sin pain.

Except that at that distance a blind chicken could still hit, without needing a magic eye.
Mar 15, 2015 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Grey-Zone said:

It was embarrassing to watch. A silly matrix-style was the last thing this show needed. I won't even go into the inconsistency with Inaho's shooting skills. It is more or less established that his shooting is extremely accurate, so why can't he hit Slaine? It's not that Slaine runs especially fast or anything.

And I agree with the ones, who say that they miss a lot of opportnities for cool action. Remember Nicoleras "eating away" the buildings in ep. 1-2? I'd expect Slaine when desperate to wreck his base in Tharsis, tearing everything apart. That would be good to watch.
Mar 15, 2015 9:44 AM
Jan 2015
Kelgair said:
Someone hasn't read the book I cited! ^^

too busy trolling
Pages (12) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» SPOILER - Question regarding the end of the anime

Joshuam303 - Apr 6, 2016

25 by Masterbos175 »»
Jun 29, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

564 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.