Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 6, 2015 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
Mahou shounen isn't a bad idea at all. It was funny too and pretty girlish.
Jan 6, 2015 2:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol omg those names for their moves. "Something-or-other storm," "random splash," "I am awesome fire," someone help me, I'm dying from laughter XD And funny how they were talking about oden since I just had it a few days ago. No chikuwabu though, didn't even know what that was until this happened. Mochi kinchaku is my favorite though. My comedy of the season ^^ The transformation sequence can't beat Apollon's from Kamigami no Asobi though :P
Jan 6, 2015 2:36 PM

Feb 2010
this was fun :3 hooray for fanservice hahah
Jan 6, 2015 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
I don't have any words omg
But the characters are cute
Jan 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Oct 2011
XDDDD OMFG

Super Sailor Senshi/Precure Sentai Go!!!!!
Jan 6, 2015 2:41 PM

Jul 2013
The transformations and attack names were the best part of this, which means this show's got me sold, at least for now.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
Jan 6, 2015 2:42 PM

Jun 2013
Hedgehog best character
I'm not getting enough vegetables. I'm just not getting enough vegetables.
Jan 6, 2015 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Serious question, being a big fan of the director, is this super yaoi undertoned or what?
Jan 6, 2015 2:45 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
LuciferIAm said:
Serious question, being a big fan of the director, is this super yaoi undertoned or what?

No yaoi undertone as of yet. I don't think there will be any either.
Jan 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
Ailly said:
No one is going to comment on the fact that one of them is literally named Battle Lover Spinach? Was absolutely the best part for me xD

This.
But seriously it was an awesome first episode.
Battle Lover Spinach best character with his "Nantoka Storm !" xD
Jan 6, 2015 3:02 PM

Jan 2008
As the the magical wombat would say, I LOVED it.

Too bad there's so many causal homophobia comments. Ah MAL, stay golden..
Jan 6, 2015 3:11 PM

Aug 2013
coffeeworld said:
You people might not agree with me, but.... DROPPED... God, why did I believed in most comments here that it was a Best anime. I took the bait and I fully regret it... >_< What did I just watched? This is so girlish.

You are no fun! Jk!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jan 6, 2015 3:13 PM

Dec 2014
Second anime of this season that I started, second anime where I just go: What.

That was hilarious though. I will keep watching just for the laughs.
Jan 6, 2015 3:22 PM

Jun 2011
i wasn't expecting so much humor/parody but boy am i glad they decided to go that route. i figured it would be similar to bakumatsu rock's lameness but enjoyed this ten times more than i was expecting. glad i didn't have standards for it but found myself laughing lots while watching. i think i'll enjoy this series very much!
Jan 6, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2013
I wish I could say I didn't enjoy that...
Jan 6, 2015 3:29 PM

Jul 2010
It sure is going to be hard to survive through this show.As much as i found transformation scenes kinda funny, the rest was just eh, super boring imo -dodges bullets-
Will try to finish it tho since i like the director, and something might change later on -hopefully-
Jan 6, 2015 3:32 PM

Jan 2012
Yo I love magical girl anime so I'm really hoping this is fucking hilarious.

I need something like this in my life now.
Time to go watch~
Jan 6, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
Pure gold.

Obviously this is a parody on mahou shoujo anime.
I can't wait for all the haters that will take this anime seriously.
Jan 6, 2015 3:35 PM

Aug 2013
It seems funny enough, so I'll be sticking with it. Really liked those transformation scenes. Still mostly here for Yamamoto Kazutomi, tho
Jan 6, 2015 3:37 PM

Mar 2012
One of the worse first episode I've seen in a long time.
Still gonna watch one more episode to see if this gets any better, if not then I will immediately drop it.
Jan 6, 2015 3:38 PM

Jun 2008
Didn't expect it to be so funny. I was so sure I would drop it right away, but for now I'll stick with it.
Jan 6, 2015 3:44 PM

Jun 2008
Yzeelb said:
iv0rywave said:
I've been waiting for Magical boys for so long *_*

Yeah I had the same idea already multiple times. But I kind of expected a shota group for something like this.

No mahou shounen works better this way as a parody.
Jan 6, 2015 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
Pure gold.

so because its a parody it makes it good? that logic
Jan 6, 2015 3:53 PM

Jun 2008
Sourire said:
Chibi-Alice said:
Pure gold.

Lol i never said that parody = good.
I enjoy parodies myself.
Jan 6, 2015 3:56 PM

Mar 2014
Omg it's like Ore Twintails all over again but in reverse.
Even the enemies and concept are ridiculous.
I don't know whether I like this or not :D
Zanos1Jan 6, 2015 4:09 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jan 6, 2015 3:59 PM

Apr 2013
Chibi-Alice said:
Sourire said:

I enjoy parodies myself.
didnt say it but implied it.. people hating this anime will probably not hate it because they take it seriously but because the art is bad, the budget is low, the plot is all over the place, and the comedy is bland.
Jan 6, 2015 4:28 PM

Dec 2014
Even for a parody and slapstick some of its jokes are still poorly written, the basic of setting up, develop and payoff seems lost in the creator's mind, even Michiko Yokote doesn't help, it's just throwing shit at the wall and hope it stick. I appreciate it took the time to develop the kaijin but the payoff is just really weak, shouldn't Yufuin be the one to give the finishing speech to the kaijin since he is the one so passion about Kantoni, not Yumoto? I know it's like a leader thing but the whole episode is he constantly talking and referencing Kantoni (even the show starts with him bitching about chikuwa!) and the only character trait of Yumoto we've seen so far is that he likes bears. At least pay attention to what characters you have and make the best out of them, Sabagebu! also has characters that are just cardboard cutouts but that work really well because they have clearly defined traits and their actions always fit in the situation they are in. A bad first episode.
raveninthemuddleJan 6, 2015 5:07 PM
Jan 6, 2015 4:38 PM

Sep 2012
Ehh.... What?
Well, it was strange, but enjoyable
The only thing missing is a lot of fanservice (hmm, I guess it won't happen the way I want, but it's ok)

thekar0lina said:
sarcasticmisaki said:
Nagisa? Is that you?

Seriously, Yumoto from this anime and Nagisa from Free are identical.

my thoughts exactly!

Yeah! I wasn't the only one thinking that!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 6, 2015 4:45 PM

Oct 2008
Wow i was seriously expecting this to be way worse
I basically only checked out the ep to see how far I could make it before I had to quit but this was pretty damn funny
Not exactly a fall of the chair funny but still amusing and most of all the sheer "oh god nooooooo" feeling I got from the transformations was awesome
It's so absurd i wanna see where it's gonna go
Hopefully they'll stick to the parody kinda theme though
Jan 6, 2015 5:07 PM

Jul 2011
That was funny. I love the underreaction, the randomness, and the tsukkomi. Started off with a SoL feeling too.

I like En's transformation, hahaha. Also, it's great that it doesn't take itself seriously even remotely. The guys just completely go with the flow! It was so ridiculous I can't help but laugh. The random attack names, the amusement of having super third-rate idol powers, it's all great. XD

And looks like we already have the enemy student council appearing! I like the military style uniform they have. :D

(Also, looks like the series cast new seiyuu, so I'm looking forward to their future roles. ^^)
Jan 6, 2015 5:15 PM
Jun 2013
This actually wasn't terrible. It was stupid and ridiculous, but also entirely self-aware. I think it's just a parody of magical girl shows but with dudes,i will give it a chance.
Jan 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
It's like Sailor Moon but with more love. It will be fun to watch I hope.
Jan 6, 2015 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Skimmed it reallyquick without knowing anything about it. Just saw it on nyaa and it was new so yea.

Skimmed through and saw guys doing the magical girl transformations.

Lol, I don't even know.
Jan 6, 2015 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
That was entertaining. Looking forward to the rest.
Jan 6, 2015 5:37 PM
Oct 2009
OH MY GOD that was the best thing ever!!! I was either laughing or squee-ing the whoooole time!
Ok, granted it's definitely not for everyone, but damn it's a really cute, light-hearted hilarious parody of the typical mahou shoujo!
That transformation sequence? Oh yes, I HOPE they play it in every episode!
Jan 6, 2015 5:44 PM
Feb 2008
That was like the most stupidest thing ever. Lol.
Jan 6, 2015 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
It destroyed my Yuri-fix i got after watchin' Yuri Kuma, shouldnt watch it in this order ever again :o
I dont even know y i watch a magical girl anime without girls in it, but i like stupid stuff, so yeah LOL :/
Jan 6, 2015 5:49 PM

Jul 2012
Sourire said:
Chibi-Alice said:

I enjoy parodies myself.
didnt say it but implied it.. people hating this anime will probably not hate it because they take it seriously but because the art is bad, the budget is low, the plot is all over the place, and the comedy is bland.
Dude.. the plot literally just started.

Like, you can have your opinions on the art and budget and comedy, but there is literally nothing that has even happened in the plot to make it all over the place. All we know is some wombat thing needs their help saving the world and the student council kids are evil. I mean I'm not expecting some grand-tier shit plotwise but you're really reaching for straws there.
Jan 6, 2015 6:07 PM

Aug 2014
Was I supposed to enjoy that as much as I did ?

I kinda feel different after watching this..
Jan 6, 2015 6:27 PM

Nov 2014
i was like o_0 the whole entire show...it's like i'm watching twintails all over again, so green is the color of evil today ehh...

i'll give this one a 3 episode rule...
Jan 6, 2015 6:40 PM

Apr 2011
Um well it was very odd... yet slightly something?

I have no idea what I just watched
May our fates intertwine verily. - Noragami
Jan 6, 2015 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
Weirdly awesome that blond is the weirdist thew
Jan 6, 2015 6:46 PM

Jan 2012
That was pure gold.

As someone who loves Mahou Shoujo, I can say this is a parody and it is a great one.
Definitely surprised by how funny and how much I liked it! :)
Jan 6, 2015 6:50 PM
Dec 2014
I thought it would be worse, but actually it was very funny. It's totally a parody of Sailor Moon and it's true that the transformations are better than remake of Sailor Moon, which is a shame. Anyway, it was fun and I'll continue only to be funny even. Sorry for my bad English. And I will not call the anime by his name, will now be "Sailor Moon Gender Bender Parody".
Jan 6, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2011
It wasn't boring, but I didn't find it particularly funny. I mean, a lot of characters being extremely gay is not enough to make a series fun.... Just as an FYI for the writer.

» Escapism.

Jan 6, 2015 7:43 PM
Oct 2014
hamstar138 said:
Honestly it's trying so hard to be a different kind of Sailor Moon (1992 version) that it's hilarious.

It's sad but true that these transformations are better then Sailor Moon Crystal...

I just watched and Omg I can't breathe, is silly on purpose. But to be Honest are more close to Sailor Moon Than actual Sailor Moon Crystal, Plus Better work on animation and effects.
Jan 6, 2015 7:49 PM
Sep 2014
That. was. HILARIOUS!
*The shota character is the leader, wut
*Oden talk
*Giant talking chikuwabu spitting broth
*"Earth is oden"
*Fucking pink wombat
*Fucking green hedgehog
*Chikuwabu in general

I laughed all the way through. This is GOLD and it's so cute!

Jan 6, 2015 8:08 PM

Apr 2014
Where...do I even begin?

Okay, let's start with the two aspects of this anime.
The first is that it's completely foolish, and stupid, with too many sparkles and seems like fujoshi bait.
The second is that it's possibly one of the most satirical- if the word applies- parodies that I've ever seen in my life. It's the second one I'd like to talk about more. This anime is simply so ridiculous that it's clear that they're making fun of mahou shoujo...and it's amazing. I was laughing so much while watching this episode; it actually made me happy to see this because it's at once both ironic and excessively flamboyant. From the oden comparisons to the fact that basically any phrase from this anime, including the OP and probably the ED, can be taken out of context and sound like a completely inappropriate innuendo, I wholeheartedly am enjoying this anime so far. I guess for most people it superficially looks too ridiculous to watch, but if you're just willing to go a bit deeper into what the anime was created for, I think it's also making fun of some of the ridiculousness of mahou shoujo.
I have a lot more to say about this, but unfortunately I've got to leave. This anime is bad, but intentionally so. Sometimes it takes itself seriously and sometimes it abandons itself to recklessness. It definitely is bad, I don't doubt that, but it's so bad that it's clear it's not really a serious anime; it pulls out the more silly aspects of mahou shoujo and hyperinflates them to a level in which they seem just utterly...insane. So I guess it does make fun of the magical girl genre while still maintaining a fun atmosphere. I can't deny that this episode made me feel really cheerful, what with the bright colors, silliness, and upbeat OP.
I guess I might be thinking too much about this; maybe they're just trying to earnestly make a mahou shounen anime. But to me, it also seems like they're trying to have a little bit of fun with the genre. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to drop this because from the surface appearance; however, I feel like it's important to not take this too seriously.
In other words, it's a terrible anime. But it's kind of that 'so bad that it's good' type of thing. It's the first episode, so I can't say that this anime is good yet; after all, there are so many ways to go wrong with a parody; however, I did have a lot of fun watching this because while all the humor was really awful, everything was so imbued with rainbows and pink wombats that it was, in some backwards way, funny.
Epinard's name killed me. His name is Battle Lover Spinach. I think I'm done here.
palladiaJan 6, 2015 8:11 PM

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jan 6, 2015 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
You guys are taking high school dudes wearing frilly shorts and talking about food for 10 minutes way too seriously.
Jan 6, 2015 9:15 PM

Jul 2013
Meh. It was ok. The gay theme doesn't really appeal to me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie for Winter 2025

tsubasalover - Jul 26

8 by nulls »»
Aug 12, 5:40 PM

Poll: » Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2015

107 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2015

37 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 11, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2015

85 by Origami_Cyclone »»
Feb 10, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu LOVE! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2015

70 by Kayn »»
Feb 1, 2023 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.