Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 19, 2014 5:50 PM
Nov 2010
ramenshojo said:
MrJc said:

Can't fully remember but isn't that the lrig for the crazy girl

Ah yeah, Akira's second LRIG... although I really don't remember her at all. Arigatou for that ;-)

yeah I cant remember her name either XD
Dec 19, 2014 6:05 PM

Aug 2011
This wasn't such a bad show. Actually enjoyed watching the episodes even though there are weird moments. Glad that there's a good ending.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Dec 19, 2014 6:05 PM

May 2013
Nice conclusion for the series. Man! I need to see again those LRIG turned into human especially Eldora! Give me pictures folks~

I did see RL Tama but I didn't saw RL Yuki or is it just me, I guess. The only moment that made me like Ulith is when she slaped Mayu but I don't know what should I feel being her executed. Good ending for Mayu too!

Plot holes indeed. Didn't know how did Hitoe remembered Ruko and Yuzuki. Is Yuzuki and Kazuki DATING? Man, poor Hanayo! Her face at the end, awww.

Okay, 8/10, S1 was better but again, its been a wonderful ride everyone.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 19, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2014
i thought the grandmother was involved but i guess not....at least a happy end

same as the 1st season 7/10
Dec 19, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2012
I'm going to have to scale the rating from 9/10 to 8/10 after feeling a tad unsatisfied with the ending. Some questions still remained unanswered. Why was Mayu being locked up in a room and how did Mayu manifest this ability to create a world of selector battles? I would have liked to see what happened Akira and Ulith (well, she just so happens to die for retribution's sake).

On the positive side, this was a decent series to watch. The drama really carried through the show.
Dec 19, 2014 6:59 PM

Oct 2012
A very nice ending
Dec 19, 2014 7:11 PM

Nov 2014
Nice finale though like some ppl felt, it was a little rushed with some unexplained stuff like Ruko's backstory. (At the end, I was really hoping Ruko met Tama and eat shaved ice with her but I guess not...At least Tama's no longer a LRIG! Wondering where is Yuki and Mayu...) Hoping for an OVA! Also, does anyone know what's the song at the end? I think I will give this show a 8/10!
Dec 19, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2013
A really nice way to end everything. Would have liked to see Yuki and Mayu at the end though.
Really thought the grandma would have had at least some part in all of it.

Overall both season 1 and this one were pretty enjoyable. 8/10
Dec 19, 2014 8:58 PM

Dec 2013
Aaaaand it ended....

Still blows my mind. Is the real Mayu some sort of witch then? To be able to infect a card game like that, she must've been right?

As for the ending, whilst its all happy and shit, why couldn't Yuzuki just try and FIND Hanaya if she missed her so much? I mean, they're all basically LRIGs turned back into girls right?

Ah well... happy, or should I say "normal", ending where all is right with the world and the evil Ulith gets squashed like a bug.

7/10

Enjoyable but not quite fulfilling enough.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 19, 2014 9:24 PM

Aug 2013
Ahh yay we got a pretty happy ending! c:
7/10, same as first half.
wow gay
Dec 19, 2014 9:33 PM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Aaaaand it ended....

Still blows my mind. Is the real Mayu some sort of witch then? To be able to infect a card game like that, she must've been right?

As for the ending, whilst its all happy and shit, why couldn't Yuzuki just try and FIND Hanaya if she missed her so much? I mean, they're all basically LRIGs turned back into girls right?

Ah well... happy, or should I say "normal", ending where all is right with the world and the evil Ulith gets squashed like a bug.

7/10

Enjoyable but not quite fulfilling enough.

I believe Hanayo-san was the one at the park watching Yuzuki and her boyfriend walking through the park.
Dec 19, 2014 9:34 PM

Sep 2011
I actually really enjoyed this show. It was a great way to end things, too, and I'm very satisfied with it. (unlike a certain anime cough psychopass 2 cough).

Not as good as Madoka, but definitely a really good anime. I could've gone with a little less crying from the characters, though.

I also am still confused as to what the bit with Tama's evil form we saw in season 1 was all about (with the whole demonic looking face she had) and what exactly was up with Ruko's family situation (where they talked about how they "didn't understand what she was thinking" or w/e). I wish we had more of an explanation for those two things.
Dec 19, 2014 9:50 PM

Feb 2014
Yay! Ta(ma) and (Yu)ki fused together and became Mayu :D
All the Lrigs are saved! Nice to see the selectors and lrigs reunite.
:)
Dec 19, 2014 10:12 PM

Oct 2012
I wanted to see some of those plot points they scratched, mostly Ruuko's back story.
Dec 19, 2014 10:46 PM

Dec 2010
Sure the first half was to be expected considering the type of show this is. Power of friendship overcomes all! But it was done nicely, I liked the symbolism with the butterflies, it wasn't particularly subtle, but it was nice.

However, everything after Ruko's wish was pretty fantastic. I wish all series could have endings like this one. It wrapped up everything, and left me riding pretty high on emotion. Everyone got their happy ending with the exception of Ulith.

Just like the first season, I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't quite as good as the first season but it still definitely deserves a 9/10
Dec 20, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2012
Not a bad episode, but overall was nothing special.

Was a bit better than the first season though

5/10
Dec 20, 2014 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
cyclone1993 said:
Sure the first half was to be expected considering the type of show this is. Power of friendship overcomes all! But it was done nicely, I liked the symbolism with the butterflies, it wasn't particularly subtle, but it was nice.

However, everything after Ruko's wish was pretty fantastic. I wish all series could have endings like this one. It wrapped up everything, and left me riding pretty high on emotion. Everyone got their happy ending with the exception of Ulith.

Just like the first season, I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't quite as good as the first season but it still definitely deserves a 9/10

well did ulith actally die XD !? I dont think its posible to die in that world.
Dec 20, 2014 4:39 AM

Nov 2011
1st season was better but this was good too. Mayu just wasn't as good an antagonist as Akira and Iona were in the first season.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 20, 2014 5:26 AM

May 2013
Mayu finally realized that someone cared for her: Ruuko and friends. Did she just wanted to be embraced? Hahaha!

It was awesome to see Tama and Yuki merge to form Mayu with good feelings. As for Ulith, good riddance. Hahaha!

Did Tama and Yuki became human in the end? I didn't quite get that scene much, but it looks like they didn't.

It was very good. I don't expect another season since it gave a perfect ending. Although, I would watch another if it has another.

8/10.
Dec 20, 2014 5:33 AM

Aug 2011
MIDORIKO IS BACK!!!! ;_________;
Dec 20, 2014 5:49 AM

Feb 2013
Kindda dissapointed we didn't see Ruu and Tama together... still was cute that last scene. Tama <33

Dec 20, 2014 6:54 AM
Mar 2013
CreamZi said:
Did Tama and Yuki became human in the end? I didn't quite get that scene much, but it looks like they didn't.8/10.

Tama is shown as a human at the end sitting on a rooftop. So it's a given Yuki became human too even though we don't see her. Also the fact Ruko is only looking for Tama tells me that she already found Yuki (she cares about them both). I would have liked to see Tama just find her way back to Ruko instead of leaving it open for Ruko to find her since she is human now, but we can all assume Ruko found her eventually.
Dec 20, 2014 6:58 AM

Jun 2014
macamiki said:
well did ulith actally die XD !? I dont think its posible to die in that world.

I thought I spotted Ulith at the end, but it was actually Hanayo (short, purple hair, Hanayo has a straighter cut overall).

Pretty bummed myself, unlike everyone else here I really like Ulith (in fact I favorited her :p), but with the way she got executed in Wixoss I highly doubt that she'll return to her original body i.e. plain dead.

Another possibility is that she's forever stuck in that void. If they ever made a Season 3 or movie it could be Ulith trying to revive Mayu's game or something. (will never happen)
Dec 20, 2014 7:50 AM

Feb 2014
Hmm that was a good ending. I'm really glad that it ended up being a happy ending because all of the characters had suffered so much already. I'm especially happy that all of the LRIGs were able to come out of their cards and become real people! :D I also liked how the color palette became much brighter than the usual dreary colors used in the rest of the series.

But before all that...some of the events that lead up to the evening were a tiny bit underwhelming. Like, really? A guessing game? lol. But when Ulith got executed I was like O_o The battle was pretty cool though.

Overall, a good, happy ending to an overall great series. 8-9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
So what about Midoriko!!?
Dec 20, 2014 10:48 AM
May 2014
where the hell is my twincest end?? no sex, or at least kiss scene from yuzukiXkazuki.. cih..

3/10 lol
bdenkoDec 20, 2014 11:01 AM
Dec 20, 2014 11:17 AM
Dec 2010
Tama: "I can't get out because there is no door"
Ruuko: "Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Yuki! Yuki!"
Tama: "but there is a door"
Tama: "SO I CAN GET OUT"
Yuki: "WHAT!? Also, will you listen to my double entendres before I die?"

Why the "colorless" card was white?
Also, did Ruuko just basicaly murdered Ulith with cold blood and didn't even mention it?

Another show with wasted potential. I expected it to be darker and more clever and not another "love and friendship solve all problems" thing.
Dec 20, 2014 12:17 PM
Feb 2014
Ruuko's wish was to turn ALL lrigs into humans right? So that means Human tama is real.. please let it be so, my heart cannot take it.
Dec 20, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2014
10/10 :)

“I’ve found it. I finally found it. Something only I can protect...
A precious treasure only I can protect. It was right here. Right in front of me, all along…”

Dec 20, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2011
Lel at Ulith getting rekt.
I would have prefered Yuki to Tama in the epilogue, oh well, 9/10, better than expected.

mezzo12 said:
So what about Midoriko!!?

With Hitoe in the epilogue.
Dec 20, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
What a ride. 9/10
Dec 20, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, why did Eldora have to be so small and far away at the end...
Dec 20, 2014 4:21 PM

Feb 2009
The scene at the end on the playground, during the wide shot, there are two girl at the left of Hanayo and her 3 friends, are those two (or one of them) also former lrig?

and passing Fumio on the street, the girl with the green top, is that her lrig?
Dec 20, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2011
Anyone have a theory on why they showed Ru's backstory in "Infected" and showed that her mother was afraid of her and sent her to live with her grandmother? I feel like that was never really addressed. Perhaps it was to give some background to why she enjoyed battles so much, but maybe I should go back and watch that part again...

In any case this show came out of nowhere and was really solid. Mari Okada is good at suffering haha.
Dec 20, 2014 6:28 PM

Nov 2014
ramenshojo said:
As good as a rushed ending could be I guess... (could have been better)

I'm doing a tally of all of the girls who made a appearance at the end (those who were released from the cards), there's:

- Yuzuki
- Piruluk
- Eldora
- Ulith
- *Mystery girl who jumped off the bus , can anyone ID her?

that's midoriko my friend....

Dec 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2014
ramenshojo said:
MrJc said:

Can't fully remember but isn't that the lrig for the crazy girl

Ah yeah, Akira's second LRIG... although I really don't remember her at all. Arigatou for that ;-)

Akira's second LRIG is milunlun my friend...

Dec 20, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2014
What a nice ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mayu realize that the outside world is full of colors, But I wonder is ulith die? or she has been sealed for some reason?......

I hope there will be a season three were all the selectors and LRIG's have a reunion

or Ulith will become a mayu's replacement, the second ruler of white place or the selector world and start an another war.

I'll give this anime 9/10 because there's some of explanations still unknown......

Dec 20, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
I love so much the ending 9/10, I don't know it was perfect for me.

Love when Midoriko reunite with Hitoe T---T <3

The combined Yuki & Tama was beautiful!

The only thing I don't like was Hanayo san as a human, she just ignore Yuzuki but I guess it's very painful for her.
Dec 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Oct 2010
Overall I really enjoyed the series quite a lot.

The only thing I feel was missing was:
neontaster said:
Anyone have a theory on why they showed Ru's backstory in "Infected" and showed that her mother was afraid of her and sent her to live with her grandmother? I feel like that was never really addressed. Perhaps it was to give some background to why she enjoyed battles so much, but maybe I should go back and watch that part again...

I was secretly hoping for a season 3 where this is addressed but I haven't heard anything so it looks like they decided to drop whatever they were planning with that. It's a shame.
Dec 20, 2014 9:31 PM

May 2014
All those references to that building for nothing u.u

Still, I really loved the show. And that final Mayu (Tama got white, not gray, hair) scene *¬*

9/10
Dec 20, 2014 11:14 PM

Sep 2010
zunderdog24 said:
Shaniyaz said:

The girl created after Tama and Yuki became one was pretty cute. A bit weird that Ruko would call her Mayu too, but I guess that makes sense (TaMa + Yuki = Mayu indeed).

biggest mind blow since I found out Lrig was girl backwards

It's not just Tama + Yuki = Mayu. Tama and Yuki are both... "offshoots" of Mayu. Tama (Shiro) represents one side of the original Mayu, and Yuki (Kuro) represents another side. When you put them back together, you logically get "Mayu".

At first, I was thinking "WIXOSS" was just a couple of syllables away from "witchcraft" and "LRIG" was just a syllable away from "luring" (ie. you could say that LRIGs were luring their selectors into becoming Lrigs themselves).

L-Ryoshi said:
Aaaaand it ended....

Doesn't make much sense for Yuzuki to seek out Hanayo. She'd be encouraging a love triangle between Kazuki, Hanayo and herself if she did that.

As for why Mayu was able to turn WIXOSS battles into Selector battles... I put it down to, "if someone was so dissatisfied with their life that they were able to come back as a ghost, they would probably come back with some power as well".

It's probably too late to elaborate on Ruuko's backstory now. I guess it just casts her as a bit of an orphan, and a bit lonely to start off. O.o

Minor point: LRIG Mayu appears to be the least clothed LRIG. O.O
Edit: Actually, LRIG Yuki is wearing about the same at level 5.

Minor point: I'm kinda reminded of Yugioh, where after a season of needing bulky immobile duelling arenas, they switch to light, mobile disks so they can duel anywhere (well, no disks in WIXOSS, but they do seem to take the battle out of the arena for the first time).

As for Iona and Akira: Given that Ulith has totally broken Akira, accepting any offer of friendship from Iona (remember the Iona she knew before was actually Yuki), seems kinda logical. O.o I thought of it this way: If your current girlfriend mistreated you as much as Ulith mistreated Akira, you'd be willing to go back to your ex-girlfriend (~Iona) even if you didn't really like them. ...maybe not the best example. >.<

Nice to see that Tama appears to have been reborn as a human. The second to last scene reminds me of the end of the first season's OP where Tama appears to approach Ruu from behind, but on the next shot, Tama isn't there.
Yuki is absent for some reason... =[
I'm guessing Mayu will not come back, because in all remotely serious anime, dead people don't seem to come back to life, and if they do, it's either imperfect or temporary.
TakataDec 20, 2014 11:20 PM
Dec 20, 2014 11:59 PM

Jul 2014
omg this anime toyed with my brain for two seasons, 9/10!

TAMA = BEST GURL.

S3 pls
Dec 21, 2014 1:41 AM
Sep 2013
There's got to be a continuation!!
Dec 21, 2014 3:13 AM

Dec 2013
A really nice final ! I'm not sure what happened to Ulith, but I think she is back to her human form ... because admitting that Ulith died, what happened to her real body ? Dunno, I think there isn't a definite answer about Ulith ...

I would have preferred a meeting Ru-Tama, but I think is hinted that it'll happen sooner or later !
Ramiel00Dec 21, 2014 3:49 AM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 21, 2014 3:15 AM

Dec 2012
That was really nice, I don't usually like happy sappy endings but with all that drama and brutality, it came out really well. I hope that creators meant for Tama, Yuki, and Mayu to be with everyone again.

9/10
Dec 21, 2014 3:46 AM

Mar 2014
Well that is great happy ending !!
Dec 21, 2014 5:14 AM

Mar 2013
End of all BATTORU!!

Yellow_XIII said:
Damn, why did Eldora have to be so small and far away at the end...

^lol. i noticed it too.

Dec 21, 2014 5:23 AM

Mar 2011
Quite a nice ending, but still so many things not answered.

Why was Mayu locked up and treated that way?

How did she actually create the world of selectors anyway?

What about those who failed their wish and it got reversed? Did they get saved too?

What about characters like Hanayo, who had been cards from before, did they all make it back to their bodies?

Even stuff like

What happened to Ruuko's parents?

What happened with Yuzuki and Kazuki?

And the two most important questions?

How the hell do you play WIXOSS?

And why wasn't get grandma the evil mastermind? I so wanted that to happen xD.

Well I could go on.

But for what it was it was a nice series, dragged on a bit too much for me though.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 21, 2014 6:09 AM

Dec 2010
A pretty good finale personally. I give the second season 8/10 compared to Infected's 7/10, with a bonus point for how much I enjoyed it this time - I loved every minute out of it. If I feel bad about anything, it's only the fact that we didn't get a next sequel - I was at the point where I was hoping for it. But the Ending was really good nonetheless, I loved it as well. A happy ending was really deserved with everything the girls went through. And Tama was actually alive & existing, what more could we have asked for?

One of the better anime I've watched these last years.
Dec 21, 2014 9:19 AM

Jul 2012
dat final ending made me kinda sad. The music was so calm and melancholic, and knowing they didn't go full wishfulfillment made me happy but also kinda sad at the same time.

Also that it is over made me sad :(
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

72 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Nov 6, 2019 9:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.