Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 11, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2014
Kirua- said:
Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night are like two different Anime. The atmosphere is completely different, and F/Z is much deeper and better thought-out. So yeah, F/Z is definitely superior. F/SN is just ranked higher so far because of the hype. Once it's done, it's going to be around ~#40-60. I'd say, give F/Z a go.

This is why VN readers don't like secondaries. Lol his MAL list says he's not even done with Zero. Please save me.
Dec 11, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night are like two different Anime. The atmosphere is completely different, and F/Z is much deeper and better thought-out. So yeah, F/Z is definitely superior.
This is objectively wrong.
Dec 11, 2014 11:53 AM

Jul 2007
Zero is a puddle of black paint that creates illusion of depth that way.

FSN is an ocean of clear clear water, that becomes dark from its own depth.
Dec 11, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2009
jejehartadi said:
Man, this thread becomes a war. LOL. Better take neutral side. Can't say anything, I haven't read the VN and Fate UBW is not even reaching its 1st half yet. Must see all episodes to give proper opinions to compare the characters and story.

But the sure thing for me is :

-F/Z is superior than F/SN Deen's adaptation

-F/SN UBW battle scenes > F/Z (see the battles in those two series, ufotable has upgraded the animation of battle scenes of F/SN UBW) so if u guys are looking for action, F/SN UBW may provide u better entertainment.

-The obvious difference is, the point of view. In F/Z, we got third person point of view, where we got to see all of the characters and what's going on. In F/SN, we got first person point of view, which is our MC, Shirou (this could be bad if u don't like him as a character).
This guy gets it.

Although we do get POVs of others, not only Shirou.

But I will never get how people find Kiritsugu's ideal and his approach good and find Shirou dense,bad or whatever.Someone give the kid a gun.
Dec 11, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Kirua- said:
Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night are like two different Anime. The atmosphere is completely different, and F/Z is much deeper and better thought-out. So yeah, F/Z is definitely superior.

Exactly. Dis ist ein outrage.

Seeing lame attempts at trolling like this is an insult to the art. Nay, an insult to all who practice the art.

Next time try for some more subtlety.

HentaiPriest said:
But I will never get how people find Kiritsugu's ideal and his approach good and find Shirou dense,bad or whatever.Someone give the kid a gun.

Ideals aside, you have to admire his efficiency in getting shit done.
Dec 11, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2014
HentaiPriest said:
jejehartadi said:
Man, this thread becomes a war. LOL. Better take neutral side. Can't say anything, I haven't read the VN and Fate UBW is not even reaching its 1st half yet. Must see all episodes to give proper opinions to compare the characters and story.

But the sure thing for me is :

-F/Z is superior than F/SN Deen's adaptation

-F/SN UBW battle scenes > F/Z (see the battles in those two series, ufotable has upgraded the animation of battle scenes of F/SN UBW) so if u guys are looking for action, F/SN UBW may provide u better entertainment.

-The obvious difference is, the point of view. In F/Z, we got third person point of view, where we got to see all of the characters and what's going on. In F/SN, we got first person point of view, which is our MC, Shirou (this could be bad if u don't like him as a character).
This guy gets it.

Although we do get POVs of others, not only Shirou.

Hur hur got to save everyone protag with stupid world views, obviously should sacrifice a town without trying anything else. What Would Kerry Do -wwkd
Dec 11, 2014 12:01 PM

Nov 2014

Kiritsugu's methods and the hypocrisy in his ideals was probably my favorite part about his character. He was like a child with tools of murder.

People coming from Zero haven't felt Stay Night feels yet. They might have gotten a little bit from the prologue with Rin and her father, but Tokiomi was pretty much a bastard in Zero.

I'm looking forward to Berserker and Enkidu. The scene is surprisingly similar to the bridge scene in zero, but instead of respecting his opponent, Gil pretty much tramples over him. The King of Heroes really doesn't get along with Berserkers...

Dec 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Nov 2013
I want this thread to get locked so bad right now.
I really dislike the recent discussions here, they drove away at least two fun people from this sub-forum :[
Dec 11, 2014 12:03 PM
Jun 2013
nocorras said:
Kirua- said:
Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night are like two different Anime. The atmosphere is completely different, and F/Z is much deeper and better thought-out. So yeah, F/Z is definitely superior. F/SN is just ranked higher so far because of the hype. Once it's done, it's going to be around ~#40-60. I'd say, give F/Z a go.

This is why VN readers don't like secondaries. Lol his MAL list says he's not even done with Zero. Please save me.

I'm rewatching F/Z. And I've completed every route of the F/SN VN.

HentaiPriest said:
Kirua- said:

Then give me a reliable source that states that my opinion is objectively incorrect.
Dec 11, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2009
fst said:
HentaiPriest said:

Exactly. Dis ist ein outrage.

Seeing lame attempts at trolling like this is an insult to the art. Nay, an insult to all who practice the art.

Next time try for some more subtlety.

HentaiPriest said:

Ideals aside, you have to admire his efficiency in getting shit done.
SHirou achieves more...

SwordHand said:

I'm looking forward to Berserker and Enkidu. The scene is surprisingly similar to the bridge scene in zero, but instead of respecting his opponent, Gil pretty much tramples over him. The King of Heroes really doesn't get along with Berserkers...
Winter Castle scene worries me more than than the Ideals fight and the final fight.
Dec 11, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2014
What in Fate/Zero is deep? Shirou's evolution is 'deep', Kerry killing everyone he comes across is not.
Dec 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Feb 2014
nocorras said:
Tsukihime > Fate

Arcueid best girl.
Dec 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
nocorras said:

HentaiPriest said:

Then give me a reliable source that states that my opinion is objectively incorrect.

Sure you did.How many guys before you "read" and "understood" FSN
(And FZ) huh?

The source is the creators, structure of each work and their goal.
Dec 11, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2013
nocorras said:
What in Fate/Zero is deep?
Kirei's VA.
Dec 11, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2014
Kirua- said:
nocorras said:

HentaiPriest said:

He's well informed enough for us to respect his opinion.

Right guys?

...Right?

Dec 11, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2014
BotatoPriest said:
nocorras said:
What in Fate/Zero is deep?
Kirei's VA.

Well you certainly got me there.
Dec 11, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
nocorras said:
BotatoPriest said:
Kirei's VA.

Well you certainly got me there.
Was ready to make a joke about Tokiomi but anyway....
Dec 11, 2014 12:12 PM
Jun 2013
SwordHand said:

Right guys?

...Right?

Yes. You sound like there's always a special condition that has to be met before an opinion can be accepted and respected, though.
Dec 11, 2014 12:13 PM

Nov 2014
Kirua- said:
SwordHand said:

Right guys?

...Right?

Yes. You sound like there's always a special condition that has to be met before an opinion can be accepted and respected, though.

Believe it or not, I'm on your side (even though I don't share your views.) It's just hard for a contrary opinion to be tolerated around these parts, unfortunately.

Dec 11, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
Kirua- said:
nocorras said:

HentaiPriest said:

This subforum is a reality distortion field in which the subjective opinion that F/Z is worse becomes an objective fact. Source: literally any mention of F/Z in this subforum.

Or, in a more meta sense, understand that the difference between the two is so great that it is unlikely that people will like them both equally and will have a preference for one over the other, if only due to stylistic differences. Inevitably, it will usually be whichever one was experienced first. Consequently,this is amplified due to it being the rally cry for the "secondaries" who got into the franchise in the wrong way, even if most of them did so back when DEEN's adaptation was all there was.

HentaiPriest said:

Ideals aside, you have to admire his efficiency in getting shit done. [/quote]SHirou achieves more...[/quote]

I never said he didn't. They keyword was efficiency.
Dec 11, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2014
Kirua- said:
SwordHand said:

Right guys?

...Right?

I respect your opinion, I just think it's wrong. I don't find the great depth to Fate/Zero you do and I don't think it's better.
Dec 11, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2014
nocorras said:
Kirua- said:

I respect your opinion, I just think it's wrong.

A lot of people here like both Zero and Stay Night. It's just that when people blatantly say that Zero is better than Stay Night, we're obligated to push the other way.

Dec 11, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
SwordHand said:

Right guys?

...Right?

Well yeah, if you cant explain why you have that opinion then it doesnt matter what you think.
Dec 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Nov 2013
I usually just ignore that because the discussions turn ugly quickly.

Unless the provided reasons to support the FZ is better/FSN is worse arguments are stupid. By that I mean the usual case of shitting on FSN for the exact same things FZ does, and praising FZ for the exact same things FSN does.
Dec 11, 2014 12:20 PM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Kirua- said:

Well yeah, if you cant explain why you have that opinion then it doesnt matter what you think.

And this, kids, is why democracy is fundamentally flawed.
Dec 11, 2014 12:22 PM

Sep 2013
fst said:

This subforum is a reality distortion field in which the subjective opinion that F/Z is worse becomes an objective fact. Source: literally any mention of F/Z in this subforum.

Or, in a more meta sense, understand that the difference between the two is so great that it is unlikely that people will like them both equally and will have a preference for one over the other, if only due to stylistic differences. Inevitably, it will usually be whichever one was experienced first. Consequently,this is amplified due to it being the rally cry for the "secondaries" who got into the franchise in the wrong way, even if most of them did so back when DEEN's adaptation was all there was.

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Aug 2009
BotatoPriest said:
I usually just ignore that because the discussions turn ugly quickly.

Unless the provided reasons to support the FZ is better/FSN is worse arguments are stupid. By that I mean the usual case of shitting on FSN for the exact same things FZ does, and praising FZ for the exact same things FSN does.
Neither Is SUPERIOR to the other.Of course FZ needs FSN for many things but it still works as a standalone somewhat.Other than that it is only personal preferences that decide which is "superior".
Some dont seem capable of understanding that.
Dec 11, 2014 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
mickdrew_99 said:

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

Can somebody translate this for me?

Dec 11, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2014
SwordHand said:
mickdrew_99 said:

http://imgur.com/A2kybi2
Dec 11, 2014 12:31 PM

Mar 2013
SwordHand said:
mickdrew_99 said:

I don't know but I'm curious if that matrix is diagonalizable.
Dec 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Sep 2013
SwordHand said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Shit be fucked, and now you're here.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2007
Oh come on there's nothing confusing in that quote. Mike is talking about chaos theory and how chaotic inconsistencies inside the greater sequence, form their own order. Thus in itself, the unpredictability of one's action, eventually becomes an inevitability of the one's course of direction.
Dec 11, 2014 12:36 PM
Jun 2013
nocorras said:
I respect your opinion, I just think it's wrong. I don't find the great depth to Fate/Zero you do and I don't think it's better.

Well, alrighty then.

SwordHand said:
A lot of people here like both Zero and Stay Night. It's just that when people blatantly say that Zero is better than Stay Night, we're obligated to push the other way.

I like both, too. This series really gets me hyped, but so far, if I had to decide, I prefer F/Z. I think it has a darker vibe (that I probably get because there's no single school appearing in F/Z, and because the characters are mainly adults), and I'm just digging that.

In F/SN, I can't get (I'm going to say it now, kill me) Rin to like because she's WAY TOO tsundere imo. And Shiro is just annoying. While Kiritsugu and Shiro have pretty much the same ideals, Kiritsugu has guts.

HentaiPriest said:

I'm not going to type a full review now, so I hope the reasons above can satisfy you? You probably won't be able to follow it, but it's not like my opinion is going to matter even if I explain it.
Dec 11, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
It's a fucking quote from the matrix reloaded.

Shoulda realized sooner.
Dec 11, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
CookingPriest said:
Oh come on there's nothing confusing in that quote. Mike is talking about chaos theory and how chaotic inconsistencies inside the greater sequence, form their own order. Thus in itself, the unpredictability of one's action, eventually becomes an inevitability of the one's course of direction.

That, or I copy and pasted the Architect's speech from The Matrix Reloaded.

Which is true? Only Google Search can tell you.
Dec 11, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2014
Guys,
why don't you....

right right, i am not supposed to make sense here, right?
Dec 11, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
Shrimperor said:
Guys,
why don't you....

Indeed. Making sense is overrated on MAL, no one likes that shit.
Dec 11, 2014 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
CookingPriest said:

Pls.English.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 11, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Kirua- said:
nocorras said:

Well, alrighty then.

SwordHand said:

I like both, too. This series really gets me hyped, but so far, if I had to decide, I prefer F/Z. I think it has a darker vibe (that I probably get because there's no single school appearing in F/Z, and because the characters are mainly adults), and I'm just digging that.

In F/SN, I can't get (I'm going to say it now, kill me) Rin to like because she's WAY TOO tsundere imo. And Shiro is just annoying. While Kiritsugu and Shiro have pretty much the same ideals, Kiritsugu has guts.

HentaiPriest said:

I'm not going to type a full review now, so I hope the reasons above can satisfy you? You probably won't be able to follow it, but it's not like my opinion is going to matter even if I explain it.
Yes I am too stupid for your review that will just explain in clever words why you prefer an adult serial killer more than a guy that "doesnt have the guts" to fight and even sacrifice himself for others.

You have "read" FSN and watched Fz but you still remain a secondary.
Dec 11, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2014
BotatoPriest said:
Shrimperor said:
Guys,
why don't you....

Indeed. Making sense is overrated on MAL, no one likes that shit.

i was only talking about this subforum/Type-moon related subforums,
but if you say so....
Dec 11, 2014 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
Kirua- said:
nocorras said:

Well, alrighty then.

SwordHand said:

HentaiPriest said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you've just demonstrated that that was a mistake, so much for that.
Dec 11, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2014
fst said:
Kirua- said:

Well, alrighty then.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but you've just demonstrated that you have no idea what you're talking about so, so much for that.

But Loli-Rin always gets a pass.

Dec 11, 2014 12:51 PM
Jun 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Yes I am too stupid for your review that will just explain in clever words why you prefer an adult serial killer more than a guy that "doesnt have the guts" to fight and even sacrifice himself for others.

You aren't too stupid, you just have a different opinion. And yes, I prefer an adult serial kill with idiotic ideals over a gutless kid with idiotic ideals, even if the development of Shiro is quite impressively done.

HentaiPriest said:

Am I supposed to care about that? What is the advantage of being primary? And who decides who is secondary and who is primary anyway?

I'm fine with secondary. I'm just breaking MAL's ultimate law of publicly uttering an opinion.
Dec 11, 2014 12:55 PM

Nov 2014
Kirua- said:
HentaiPriest said:

You aren't too stupid, you just have a different opinion. And yes, I prefer an adult serial kill with idiotic ideals over a gutless kid with idiotic ideals, even if the development of Shiro is quite impressively done.

HentaiPriest said:

Am I supposed to care about that? What is the advantage of being primary? And who decides who is secondary and who is primary anyway?

I'm fine with secondary. I'm just breaking MAL's ultimate law of publicly uttering an opinion.

Can somebody explain to me what constitutes a secondary anyways? I've seen the term thrown around, but never really understood what it meant.

Dec 11, 2014 12:55 PM

Oct 2014
Kirua- said:
HentaiPriest said:

HentaiPriest said:

How is Shirou gutless? He's quite willing to die for his ideals and save someone else over himself. If you want to call him foolish for not valuing himself over others then that's fine. He fought in his belief in his ideals.

If anyone is gutless it's Kerry for never trying to adapt and not murder everyone he comes across.
Dec 11, 2014 12:59 PM

Nov 2010
Kirua- said:
because there's no single school appearing in F/Z

First episode.

Clock tower.

Kayneth teaches students.

Waver is a student.

School pretty much?
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.

Nov 2014
nocorras said:
Kirua- said:

How is Shirou gutless? He's quite willing to die for his ideals and save someone else over himself. He fought in his belief for his ideals.

If anyone is gutless it's Kerry for never trying to adapt and not murder everyone he comes across.

Kerry reforms by the end of the story, and he makes for a pretty damn good father. His childhood was almost as traumatic as Shirou's as well.

And to be fair, the fourth Holy Grail War was more brutal because the mages involved were heavily invested. The majority of the Holy Grail War's participants were either pulled in, or scheming bastards.

Aug 2012
Kirua- said:

Your opinion.........sure. But why are you so hell bent on proving it a a fact when it's not?

You don't like "Shirou" and "FZ is darker" according to you..........good for you. But how about not throwing around delusional words like gutless or other BS? Besides i have my doubt whether you have "read" anything other than FZ at all.

Oct 2014
Aurioch said:
Kirua- said:
because there's no single school appearing in F/Z

First episode.

Clock tower.

Kayneth teaches students.

Waver is a student.

School pretty much?

Best girl in loli-form
Dec 11, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Kirua- said:

Your opinion.........sure. But why are you so hell bent on proving it a a fact when it's not?

You don't like "Shirou" and "FZ is darker" according to you..........good for you. But how about not throwing around delusional words like gutless or other BS? Besides i have my doubt whether you have "read" anything other than FZ at all.

He's literally 1 vs all atm. Cut him a break. It's hard to keep cool when you're swamped from all sides.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2752 by Hawks10 »»
Jun 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.