Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2014 4:40 PM
Jan 2012
Not OP enough until he rules the world.
Oct 5, 2014 1:46 AM
May 2011
I love me some OP MC.

though that was really rushed, honestly if they were going to skip something why not that entire presentation they did a few episodes ago? I didn't need to hear any of that nonsense.

Also i see a lot of people comparing tatsuya to jesus

IMO he shouldn't be compared to that scrub.
Oct 5, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
Decent plot and Op character, just my type of anime BUT it went wrong in many ways like skipped episodes, Sister/brother complex just feels too weird.

Could be a 8/10 but it just made it to a 7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 6:48 PM
Oct 2013
Renaultclio101 said:
Decent plot and Op character, just my type of anime BUT it went wrong in many ways like skipped episodes, Sister/brother complex just feels too weird.

Could be a 8/10 but it just made it to a 7/10

Idk why the rushed the story like fuck, like there was no reason they needed to cover 3 arc in 1 season, the 3rd arc was so fucking rushed -.- could have easily drag the school competition to finish up the season easy and still might feel a bit rushed.
Oct 5, 2014 7:15 PM
Oct 2012
RexZShadow said:
Idk why the rushed the story like fuck, like there was no reason they needed to cover 3 arc in 1 season, the 3rd arc was so fucking rushed -.- could have easily drag the school competition to finish up the season easy and still might feel a bit rushed.

To be honest, even if Madhouse had 36 episodes it still would have been average. The problem wasn't that they rushed, but rather that they focused on the wrong things and showed no originality in adapting this story visually.

10 more episodes would not have changed Madhouse's determination to make Chika bland. They could have added some of her details in the time they had, they decided not to (the same is true with Miyuki).
Oct 6, 2014 8:31 AM

Dec 2013
Was skeptical what with all the hype from the start. But as the show progressed, I found myself becoming more and more immersed in this world. Now I gotta admit that I'm pretty much up for a second season just to see the continuation of the entire story, since I'm really interested in the events that happen after this arc, as well as the next few arcs as described by LN readers, forumers, and excerpts that I've read from the LN myself.

We've only begun to dig into the suffering of Shiba Tatsuya. I want more!!!!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2014 8:51 AM

Sep 2012
i have not seen Yotsuba family much & i don't know about them much, well that goes for all, at least anime watchers who don't read novel, but they already irritate me, piss me off, i just smell nasty smell coming from them, so i know they are rotten inside specially the Aunt

8/10, i hope it gets season 2
Sugram22Oct 8, 2014 11:49 AM
Oct 8, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2013
Loved the animation and OST, story part was not the strongest point. Too many sci-fi bullshit with no explanation whatsoever, OP MC is OP, useless every other male character is useles..
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Oct 9, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2009
I think this show is getting unwarranted hate for no reason TBH.

The finale was pretty rushed but I enjoyed it nonetheless, as for the whole show my biggest problem is I still don't know what the overall plot is, there have been hints everywhere but nothing certain and of course Miyuki and Tatsuya's character development was pretty low, we hardly know anything about them. But I did enjoy this quite a bit, there is a lot of logic and research gone into the magic and the world lore is pretty deep. Unfortunately the anime failed to present any of these, but this did get me very much interested in the Light Novel, so I plan to read it sometime. This last arc was pretty fun and really enjoyable due to the action.

Was going for a 8/10, but because of the mentioned problems and the abrupt ending of the finale 7/10
Oct 11, 2014 7:44 AM
May 2012
Mahouka was just okay for me, the animation was really good and it's concept of magic got me hooked in this series. There were some character developments here and there, but I can't feel but be annoyed by Miyuki's brocon personality.

The stories are almost there for me, to the point where they're great, but It kinda fell short of my expectations.

Still, even having said, that, I don't mind an S2, maybe I could see improvements.

6/10.
Oct 11, 2014 1:29 PM

Jul 2011
konatachan80 said:
darkflamemaster2 said:
Tatsuya is too OP. It made this series boring i feel. The fact that Tatsuya feels 150 times the pain of the subject he is healing is completely underwhelming. He never shows the pain of it and shrugs it off. Thats not being a badass, thats making it hard for the me to give a rat's arse about the character that is supposed to be the MC.

I case you didn't get it. If it is 30 seconds later it's 150 times the pain. An hour later is 10000 times the pain.
If I seem to remember reading that he was sweating because of the pain in the LN.

No no i got it. He feels the pain of the subject he is healing at an exponentially increased rate in a very short amount of time. I'm just saying that in the anime he didn't really show the significance of it at all. It was nice to see that there was a consequence to using his Regrowth ability, but it just seems that he still spams whenever he can, without a care in the world, which frankly makes the consequences of using his ability underwhelming and makes the series not as exciting as if he had an actual reaction to being subjugated to intense amounts of pain
Oct 13, 2014 6:27 AM

May 2012
want to give 4, but since the Shiba sibling are so God like, i'd say 5/10. overall, i wish there is more battle to be honest. i might pick up the LN :B
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Oct 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Jun 2013
Great show, I always love watching an anime with either a badass oni-sama or a bro-con imouto and this show gave me both. Character designs and animation was great. The plot pretty much revolves around 3 arcs which were good but a drag to watch at times especially the Nine Schools Competition.There could have been more action and more romance for Tatsuya with other characters. I hope this anime get a season 2 because it has a great potential. 7 + 1(for the imouto) = 8/10
Oct 14, 2014 8:08 AM

Aug 2010
This episode should not disappoint and from the looks of it this series should have a second season. I just want to know what's next. Or just pick up in the manga where the anime has left off.

I like the whole thing very much especially incorporating magic with science and technology. Damn I want to be a bad-ass magic engineer being an engineer myself. The cons of this series for me would be Tatsuya and his unbalanced skills and handsomeness. The guy could sink a ship from waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy out there, restore a severed leg, create new revolutionary magic spells, etc. (you guys know the rest) and I bet we yet to see his full capacity. And his friends too share the same characteristics like they're in high school right? But they can take on international terrorists like it was nothing. The other thing is too much bro X sis con here to the point that its too unbearable to watch. She almost stole a kiss from her bro like what the heck man!!! Everything else is pretty much typical shounen anime stuff.

Still there a couple of things I would like to have an answer to probably in the next season. Who are the ten master clans really? What is the deal with Aunt Maya and her relations with the Yotsuba's? Who or what is Shiba Tatsuya and what is the full capability of his skills? Zhou of the Three Kingdoms? I'm guessing its somehow Chinese related.

I still enjoyed this series and because of the bloody action of this episode (which I didn't expect) I'll give this a 9/10.
ExcaliburJoshOct 14, 2014 8:18 AM
Oct 14, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2010
Hello jesus how are you? No really I was laughing my ass off for all the three last episodes. When those guys died I said to me "YES YES FINALLY THE AUTHOR SHOWS SOME BALLS" but then Tatsujesus happened. If only the show was more about other characters than Tatsuya it could have been fairly better. Madhouse you did your best, it's not your fault.
Oct 15, 2014 10:39 AM
May 2013
Akanezora said:
Hello jesus how are you? No really I was laughing my ass off for all the three last episodes. When those guys died I said to me "YES YES FINALLY THE AUTHOR SHOWS SOME BALLS" but then Tatsujesus happened. If only the show was more about other characters than Tatsuya it could have been fairly better. Madhouse you did your best, it's not your fault.

No they didn't. Their adaptation of this LN was very bad.
Oct 15, 2014 12:39 PM

Feb 2014
HomeAlone said:
Akanezora said:

Then, i am glad they didn't put too much effort on this.
Oct 16, 2014 3:21 PM

Feb 2014
So, OP MC ends the arc (what kinda arc is this anyway lol...) by obliterating and creating a big hole in the ocean. OK. At least there was some good action, right? :/
6/10

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Oct 16, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
In found this a fitting ending for the season. It is truth that many parts that were in the light novel didn't get into the anime. In my opinion this is for obvious reasons. If you look at the novel it self roughly 40% (or more) is inner dialogue and magic explanations.

Society wants to see flashy things and so do i in some cases. The producers did a good job getting a balance of explanation part and the showy.

If you wan't to know more about this anime i highly suggest to read the light novels. There are some "high class"words in it, but i found it not so hard to read it. You could start at the summer vacation arc, but this is mainly just small stories, after that it becomes more interesting.
Oct 17, 2014 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
HomeAlone said:
Akanezora said:

they made the most out of an overhyped/overrated LN.
Oct 18, 2014 4:32 AM
Jul 2014
Sourire said:
HomeAlone said:

Madhouse is just a bad studio for commercial success. They should have never been allowed to do an adaptation of Mahouka. They are bad at making popular source material sell well.

Studio, Number of 10k+ shows

Madhouse, 3 including Mahouka
A-1, 13
KyoAni, 13
Bones, 3
Brains Base, 3
Production IG, 7
Shaft, 4
Deen, 6
Sunrise, 16
White Fox, 3
Xebec, 3

Madhouse is just not a good studio for popular material. They excel in adapting niche stuff and overall they are decent. But for stuff like Mahouka, they are one of the worst possible choices.

It's similar to what happened with Shaft, they had one of the top 3 selling light novels in Japan and they completely flubbed it.
Oct 19, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
pretty good anime I enjoyed it alot !!!
[/quote]
Oct 22, 2014 12:27 PM

Oct 2013
They should do a battle scenes between Tatsuya and Goku, because Tatsuya is the second most over powered character that i've ever seen after Goku, i mean wtf is he a God ? he's capable of doing anything ! and that "Scorched Halloween" thing was such a blast though it reminds me of Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki (lol)

Sadly Maya didn't get more scenes, i'm looking forward for a second season, and i'm kinda hoping that Tatsuya will end up with Mayumu because they're so cute together :3

Overall score 8/10
Oct 26, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2014
Sourire said:
HomeAlone said:

If that was the best they could do,then Madhouse is too overhyped as a studio.They killed characterization making the characters and situations boring and flat.The last few eps sucked.Animation quality was either great,good or sucks each ep.
Oct 26, 2014 5:29 AM

Mar 2009
I have not read the LN and manga so I can't compare them to the anime. But I felt that some things were not explained and resorted to reading the wikia (and stumbled upon spoilers =_=)

If there were a second season, I'd probably watch it. Looks like there will be something between the 10 Master Clans next. The one thing I can't stand about this anime is the Onii-sama~~ Guess I'll have to bear with it
Oct 26, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2011
Tatsuya - an interesting character, but his powers were too 'god-like' for my tatse and I found the relationship with Shiba (his sister ???) a bit creepy. I don't like the idea of him shackled to a woman , any woman, to tame or restrain his powers.
Best action scenes besides Tatsuya were Erika, Leo, Jumonji and the redhead guy. Best couple - Mizuki & Mikihiko; they should have done more with theses two.
Oct 26, 2014 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
Tsuyu_no_Inochi said:
Tatsuya - an interesting character, but his powers were too 'god-like' for my tatse and I found the relationship with Shiba (his sister ???) a bit creepy. I don't like the idea of him shackled to a woman , any woman, to tame or restrain his powers.
Best action scenes besides Tatsuya were Erika, Leo, Jumonji and the redhead guy. Best couple - Mizuki & Mikihiko; they should have done more with theses two.

i heard that as the story goes on he will meet enemy's equal to him, so if they make season 2 (maybe season 3 to) he will start to have hes ass kicked at some point before he wins, or he just needs good team work, but he wont be so bad-ass as solo player like he has been so far
Oct 28, 2014 10:01 AM
Feb 2012
SEASON 2 PLEASE!!!!!!!

8/10
Oct 30, 2014 8:08 PM

Oct 2013
Ichigoxo said:
Ahh how I wished that Tatsuya would've met the guys after the battle lol, nevertheless solid 8/10 =) Hopefully next season soon!

yeah, me, too. finally finished this while starting all the other new ones... I want more of tatsuya...

Almost dropped initially until the show had tatsuya started more of his magical powers.
heiqi1huOct 30, 2014 8:14 PM
Oct 31, 2014 8:23 AM

Jul 2014
Tatsuya's indeed too OP but IMO he's better than any useless or wimpy protagonist who can't do anything. Also, his looks = +1 from me ;)

The Enrollment chapter is enjoyable, NSC rather boring, and Yokohama arc is okay with intense action on the end. Don't really mind with season 2 later but I'm not interested on keeping up with LN.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Nov 3, 2014 8:42 AM
Nov 2013
Finally it came to end. Oh well end was not up to my Expectation but seems I love the MC for some reason MC was really best in the whole show
SmillNov 3, 2014 8:46 AM
Nov 3, 2014 8:32 PM

Nov 2013
Any chances for a season two? I haven't followed the manga or light novel very well, so I don't know if the story progresses int a different arc. The last episode seemed to leave that door open, though.
Nov 5, 2014 6:44 AM
Mar 2014
Just a thought to all the idiots who keep spewing the same stupid words "tatsuya is way too op" well that's EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS 1ST SEASON you retards, like how stupid can you be?

Just think of it, if he were to have a lot of trouble and difficulty handling some terrorists even with the backup of other special agents, the school and everyone else then how the fuck would be handle the person who practically has a leash on him as if he was a fucking dog? (if you're still too stupid to get who, well it's pretty dam obvious, it's Aunt Maya). Now hopefully you retards get it now, this season was to show you what this anime's about, give u some awesome scenes and moments, show off the characters, etc but also importantly, to rev people up and create anticipation for the evident season 2.

8.5/10 for this season, awesome protagonist, great developing plot, music 10/10, definitely looking forward to season 2.
Nov 5, 2014 6:45 AM

Oct 2008
RiceEater said:
Just a thought to all the idiots who keep spewing the same stupid words "tatsuya is way too op" well that's EXACTLY THE POINT OF THIS 1ST SEASON you retards, like how stupid can you be?

Just think of it, if he were to have a lot of trouble and difficulty handling some terrorists even with the backup of other special agents, the school and everyone else then how the fuck would be handle the person who practically has a leash on him as if he was a fucking dog? (if you're still too stupid to get who, well it's pretty dam obvious, it's Aunt Maya). Now hopefully you retards get it now, this season was to show you what this anime's about, give u some awesome scenes and moments, show off the characters, etc but also importantly, to rev people up and create anticipation for the evident season 2.

8.5/10 for this season, awesome protagonist, great developing plot, music 10/10, definitely looking forward to season 2.

10/10 nice temper tantrum rant,would read again.
Nov 17, 2014 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
legendary now 2 w8 4 more hope they have a 2nd n 3rd season scheduled
Nov 20, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
Bakariss said:
Any chances for a season two? I haven't followed the manga or light novel very well, so I don't know if the story progresses int a different arc. The last episode seemed to leave that door open, though.

i hope so
Nov 23, 2014 9:53 AM

Jun 2014
meh, i wouldnt really call that a satisfying ending... there was no mass unveiling of his true identity, besides the one girl that realized it several episodes before.

but still really good show overall. 7/10
Nov 25, 2014 7:55 AM

Jan 2012
mind blown at all the shit reviews...

prob because of incest (wincest) theme + very little background and character development

this shit is easily and 8/10... add .5 for gore towards the end...

MC is stupid OP but badass as fuck..

wincest is win

Would love to see more epic fights though....

would def. watch 2nd season

8.5/10
Nov 26, 2014 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
flaxman85 said:

prob because of incest (wincest) theme + very little background and character development

wincest is win

8.5/10

There's always the novels if you can't wait.
Nov 26, 2014 6:19 PM

Mar 2013
flaxman85 said:

wincest is win

8.5/10

Incest is the least of the problems this series had.

Poorly written.
On the whole apart from the odd character the casts was awful and boring whose only real purpose is to worship God-sama.
No real plot thats worth a damn.
Awful use of info dumping do I really need to know exactly how every spell work.
No tension due to our lord and savior one shoting everything.

Dec 3, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2012
That sure is a big hole he made there! Pretty nice action in this last episode, however I do feel like the main story is far from over and I do wonder if there will be any sequel to this. All in all though this was a quite lovely anime in general with some cute and really lovely aspects together with great action and character development! 8/10
Dec 4, 2014 1:38 AM

Jul 2012
Most OP character in all of anime hahaha Strong finish for this series. Action scenes were great. Tatsuya is God.
Dec 4, 2014 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
Ando- said:
Most OP character in all of anime hahaha Strong finish for this series. Action scenes were great. Tatsuya is God.

I am not a fan of these kind of things, but he is definitely not most OP character ever. He IS biggest Gary Stu though.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Dec 5, 2014 1:30 PM

May 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
Ando- said:

I am not a fan of these kind of things, but he is definitely not most OP character ever. He IS biggest Gary Stu though.

Pretty much this.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Dec 9, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
jakkubus said:
Dimitrije1606 said:

Pretty much this.

Yup.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 14, 2014 10:10 AM

Jan 2011
This anime pretty much had every character sucking on the protagonist's nutsack from start to finish.

It was pretty amusing, but that's about it.
What's next? Maybe get the big booby aunt to do the same.

Mahouka is RACIST to the Chinese. In Mahouka,Chinese are CONSTANTLY the bad guy where Chinese role is causing World War 3,raping a child, trying to sabotage a tournament, industrial spies and invade Yokohama.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1278353&show=340#REyC6Uf1v6VySQ7F.99

Oh yeah. I guess I wasn't the only one to get a xenophobic vibe from this, but well it's not a serious complaint that affected the show's quality which isn't much to speak of, just something that made me laugh.
Dec 23, 2014 1:00 AM

Nov 2013
God ending!
Dec 26, 2014 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
I'm 3 months late! Even though I started this series on time (In April).

I really liked this show Onii-Sama and all. Tatsuya is the REAL kami-nii-sama definitely! There were times where I was bored and think that was the reason I put this show on hold for a while. In the end, it was entertaining. I hope there is a second season in the future.

7/10
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jan 4, 2015 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
I have to say I REALLY enjoyed this series, but I have two complaints that put it off being an even better anime:

First of all the plot is really confusing at times. For two reasons: one is that the actual story has a super quick pace and I really need to think and fill in details myself because of this; second is that a lot of the terms are way too complicated to understand (all of the magic theory and physics and what not) - combined with mediocre subtitling work makes it even harder to understand as what the hell they are talking about.

Second complaint as the people said is definitely the main character being overpowered, but not even that. The main premise is the school life in this season as I understood not the "fight of the strongest characters"; but what bothered me was the fact how much magicians overpower those with no magic. I mean even the anime itself acknowledges that at the end of this episode during the credits scene, but how silly do the antagonists have to be to have regular citizens with no powers be terrorists with simple machinery against magic? I think this is why people say that it became boring later on, because it is just too predictable, given how many overpowered good guys there are in the anime.

That being said I really enjoyed this. I love both of the main characters and I love their bro x sis taboo relationship as well. I already read some of the doujinshis (deep snow), and looking forward to the rest. Great series.
Jan 9, 2015 8:35 PM

Aug 2014
Masterpiece! The ending let me thinking it will be a second season...
Definitely I love the anime and this last story too! Tatsuya using all his powers against the enemies to protect her sister and his friends. :D
Not just Tatsuya but all the characters are very good with their owns powers and strategies! ^^.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

867 by whitebeartigtig »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

506 by franco199984 »»
Sep 25, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 17, 2014

338 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 17, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

290 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 13, 2:57 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

309 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 9, 8:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.