Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Feb 2015
Sakarii said:

Which make them animals, LOL. You'll get it one day.

humans are animals. got it. might as well stop calling them humans from now on. they belong to the entire animal kingdom now. what was i thinking?!? you're totally right. i was such an idiot.
Jun 10, 2019 10:13 PM

May 2008
TomDay said:
humans are animals. got it. might as well stop calling them humans from now on. they belong to the entire animal kingdom now. what was i thinking?!? you're totally right. i was such an idiot.

You're trying to be sarcastic, but you're not actually doing yourself any favors, lmao. If you want attention, my dude, just say so. No need to act like you don't have but half a brain cell.
Jul 31, 2019 7:09 PM

Jan 2018
Hahaha, the beginning of this episode was great. "Break time, everyone!"

Everyone proceeds to drink tea and eat riceballs around the corpses.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Oct 5, 2019 9:43 PM

Jan 2016
Dude that giant hole is fucking FILLED with bodies... They should just burn them really. AND LMFAAOO THEY JUST START EATING RICE AND HAVING TEA A NICE GOOD BREAK WITHOUT WASHING THEIR HANDS!?!??!!? WHAT.

I fucking hate this priest so much.
Duuude they fucking killed his family and he acts l;ike whatever????
THATS WHAT HE GETS FOR BEING A BETRAYER.
How the fuck is his weak ass able to escape with that heavy suitcase without anyone seeing him though? WHILE BLEEDING OUT
THIS IS BYUUULLSHIT.
Why is he going so far to save them?
Dec 22, 2019 12:19 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
What the hell, the villagers are straight-up murderers now, I was rooting for them but now the village, Shiki or not, can rot in hell.
Apr 2, 2020 2:11 PM
Feb 2020
ariapokoteng said:
bakuramariks said:
I came to like Seishin with this episode, I never hated him in the first place, but now i like him. He just don't want to kill anyone, because unlike Ozaki and the villagers, he realizes that even if shikis are dead, now they have a life, they are the same as what they were when they were alive, they are creatures a little different from humans, but have the right to live, like dogs, cats etc. People kill in order to feed themselves and live, but now, you see, shikis attacked humans, so they must die. Like always, humans think they are superior to any other being on Earth. Well, this episode shows that we aren't and sometimes we act more disgusting than any other creature.

The thing is that vampires and people can coexist only if the latters hunt the formers.
You let shikis be - they multiply. Just like rats. Or locusts. More shikis - more blood required - even more shikis as the result. If no one hunts them - human race would just extinct in no time.
If Sunako & Co would have wanted just to live happily, they should have been keeping the shiki population on the very low levels. Say, just only Kirishikis themselves. No laying hands on the villagers. They attack people from the city - so they have enough food to survive. that way no one would give a damn about Kanemasa and they could live there as long as they please.
Yet Sunako decided to turn the whole village into shikis. They got what they deserved.
Exactly. People who feel bad for the shiki and think humans are in the wrong just because they are killing them. The only time I thought a human was wrong was when Doc was torturing his wife. You can call it experimenting and it was, but that scene more than everything sent chills down my spine. I feel NOTHING for the shiki that killed. There are blood bags and other things that have blood. They messed with humans.... wrong choice.
Nov 25, 2020 7:39 AM

Dec 2018
I'm disgusted by seishin at this point, his whole family died because of his stupidity and there he is, helping and risking his life for the ones who killed so many people even his father
Jun 20, 2021 9:03 AM

Jan 2020
Eating rice and having a tea break soaked in blood...... I guess the message this episode trying to convey is human have become mindless murderer...

Without further ado I'm heading to see the conclusion of this series...
Jun 30, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2018
Seishin has been pissing me off for a while now. What a piece of shit, hope he dies.

Dec 11, 2021 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
I hate that old nurse for doing exactly what Tohru predicted, how did she even survive the dog attack. RIP Tohru and Ritsuko, I really wish it was a special dead instead of a random one, not even showing their reaction. I'll miss them :'(

Natsuno was so good, so Seishirou wasn't even a Jinrou, but a normal human. I kind of liked Tatsumi in this episode, especially in that basement scene. I'm still waiting for that garbage Megumi to just die, hopefully Natsuno will do it.

I really don't like how the humans are not killing other humans, without a single reason. It just doesn't make sense. Poor Seishin. Now, for the final episode!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 28, 2022 9:55 AM
Nov 2020
They just nonchalantly killed a person then took a tea break like it's nothing lol
Sep 3, 2022 6:42 PM
Dec 2016
man, who r the murderes now? gosh, this anime is brutal, this episode is brutal, Idk
Nov 23, 2022 6:06 PM
Dec 2020
Rosny said:
How am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Do humans turn into piranhas and go into an uncontrollable frenzy when eating? Do humans lose control and kill the hen when they need an egg or a cow when they need milk?

Enough of this pretentious philosophical babble, for all its bullshit, you remove the shiki's human-like appearance with say, an insect-like appearance and I'm sure most people would not be as sympathetic.

And like another person commented, I feel ashamed to not have thought about it, if they were so angst ridden about their need to kill to survive, why don't they keep the shiki numbers low? Hmmm? Okay, maybe killing other shiki when they rise up is not better, so then, I suggest having a spotter that stops the blood sucking when it becomes life threatening to the human and that also means no more shiki rising as well. Go pester some annoying eco-warrior communes, I am sure they are more than happy to provide blood. The vampires are going after children and elderly people as well, knowing they may not survive, why do we have to draw up a new code of morals when it pertains to vampires?

Then there's the issue in which the community is ruled like a vicious syndicate. People did not choose to become vampires, and when they decide to not drink blood they are threatened to be dragged out into the sun, at least this is what the anime describes. These guys are not even allowed to exile themselves and find other like-minded communities that want to minimise human deaths and create a more sustainable future coexisting with humans. They are forced to be a foot soldier in creating a shiki only village. They are blackmailed with their families lives if they do not do as commanded. They are forced to go after their families or best friends, they are given false promises of protecting their human families, when in the end, the final plan is to have no humans alive. So they are even lying and manipulating their own kind using terror and human shields.

If you keep your numbers low, you keep your population easily sustainable, no threat to your community, no threat to mankind, no humans drained to the point of death. The more 'werewolf' kind, the better.

Seriously, if you think about it beyond what narrative we're fed, to feel sorry for the vamps and balance the sides of morality, you cannot help but condemn the shiki, they are a failed race who do not even seriously plan their society to survive long term. Got too greedy and got burnt in the end.

Okay another point, this is an invasion! Are we supposed to support the invaders? Oh oops, those silly Nazis and imperial Japanese, they just need living space and resources. That all justifies civilian genocide, human experimentation, bio warfare, organised rape etc. They are just surviving!

Thank you for being the voice of reason in this thread
Jul 12, 2023 4:00 AM
Aug 2018
A BIIIIIIIIG L for the humans honestly, From the start of this episode before even the opening, they're showing that village people themselves have become no less than monsters, Damn But they're just making me side with Shiki more and more
Sep 10, 2023 7:38 AM

Nov 2010
Chizuko still looks as hot as ever. Masao is so stupid for wasting the opportunity to make her his waifu.

Damn, they got so desensitized so quickly. I guess for them, these Shikis only look human and nothing more. They don't care for their reasons or if they act like humans; all they can think about is vengeance, and now the Shikis must be exterminated like pests. I really hate humans. I have a feeling something similar will happen in the future with the rise of cyborgs, etc.

No matter how hungry I am, I will never attempt to eat anything without thoroughly washing my hands!

Dang! Yoshie died. Of all the deaths so far, that hit me the most. She only had a few screentime, but I already like her.
I'm annoyed that the Shiki couldn't counterattack as effectively as humans. It looks like it's such an unfair fight.
Natsuno & Toshio are both bastards. I have disliked them since episode one.

The scenes at the end further reinforced my misanthropist feelings. A society ruled by Shikis would be so much better than humans. I wanted them to win and dominate the village so much!
Oct 20, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2022
Traitor asshole kill the little bitch
Dec 19, 2023 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Good job, monk. Now you got your mother killed because of your own stupidity.

Anyways, let's go humans!
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Muroi is one of the worst characters in anime ( 1 2 )

masaba - Mar 30, 2011

99 by JustMonaka »»
May 21, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Oct 28, 2010

185 by JustMonaka »»
May 20, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 2, 2010

249 by JustMonaka »»
May 19, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jul 29, 2010

300 by JustMonaka »»
May 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shiki Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

959 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.