Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Sep 3, 2014 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah I realize Esdeath is freaking crazy, but that was hot when she took Tatsumi. Lucky .... but at the same time well he's kinda stuck.

The new Jaeger guys were kinda cool.
Sep 3, 2014 4:29 PM
Aug 2014
rothrock said:
Wave is hot. When does this get less predictable and generic?

Your expectations won't be met.
Sep 3, 2014 4:49 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode. The Jaegers are basically an evil version of Akame's assassin team.
Sep 3, 2014 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
ESA503 said:
rothrock said:

You know, Esdeath falling in love with Tatsumi was predictable. It should have been since it was pretty obvious. However, predicting that one event and saying the show is predictable is another thing. Cause I guarantee anybody who has not read the manga has no idea of what's going to happen next. And I doubt they predicted what would happen in any of the episodes. Another thing, unless you've see this exact show before, I don't see how you can call it generic, unless you don't know what generic means.
Sep 3, 2014 5:11 PM
Aug 2014
za21 said:
ESA503 said:

You know, Esdeath falling in love with Tatsumi was predictable. It should have been since it was pretty obvious. However, predicting that one event and saying the show is predictable is another thing. Cause I guarantee anybody who has not read the manga has no idea of what's going to happen next. And I doubt they predicted what would happen in any of the episodes. Another thing, unless you've see this exact show before, I don't see how you can call it
generic, unless you don't know what generic means.

Butthurt :)
Sep 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
ESA503 said:
za21 said:

You know, Esdeath falling in love with Tatsumi was predictable. It should have been since it was pretty obvious. However, predicting that one event and saying the show is predictable is another thing. Cause I guarantee anybody who has not read the manga has no idea of what's going to happen next. And I doubt they predicted what would happen in any of the episodes. Another thing, unless you've see this exact show before, I don't see how you can call it
generic, unless you don't know what generic means.

And it looks like you also have no idea of what butthurt means, failfish.
Sep 3, 2014 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
-ZET- said:
ESA503 said:

And it looks like you also have no idea of what butthurt means, failfish.

Yeah, um, I don't know where I indicated where I was butthurt. I was simply correcting you and the other commentator since the comment that was made made no sense.
Sep 3, 2014 6:09 PM
Aug 2014
za21 said:

Yeah, um, I don't know where I indicated where I was butthurt. I was simply correcting you and the other commentator since the comment that was made made no sense.

It's simple the tsundere romance is cliché and the deaths coming are predictable, the show itself made itself predictable.
Sep 3, 2014 6:31 PM

Jul 2014
ESA503 said:
za21 said:

It's simple the tsundere romance is cliché and the deaths coming are predictable, the show itself made itself predictable.

Does she always say baka or say the opposite of what she feels. No? Other than her warming up to him and
then its not really cliche.

The deaths aren't very predictable until about the last minute. Again, nobody predicted that Scheele would have died beforehand or Bulat until close to the end of the fight against the Three.

I just don't see how someone could say that the story is predictable if they can't predict what happens in the next episode or chapter.
za21Sep 3, 2014 6:46 PM
Sep 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Apr 2008
za21 said:
ESA503 said:

Does she always say baka or say the opposite of what she feels. No? Other than her warming up to him and

The deaths aren't very predictable until about the last minute. Again, nobody predicted that Scheele would have died beforehand or Bulat until close to the end of the fight against the Three.

I just don't see how someone could say that the story is predictable if they can't predict what happens in the next episode or chapter.

Don't bother using reason with his type. It's a waste of time
Sep 3, 2014 7:30 PM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
za21 said:

Don't bother using reason with his type. It's a waste of time

Yep, you got that right :)
ESA503Sep 4, 2014 3:55 AM
Sep 3, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
What a crazy turn of events. This will be interesting
Sep 3, 2014 9:16 PM

Jan 2013
rothrock said:

When you stop watching.
Sep 3, 2014 9:52 PM
Mar 2014
mystik said:
Yeah I realize Esdeath is freaking crazy, but that was hot when she took Tatsumi. Lucky .... but at the same time well he's kinda stuck.

That preview for the next episode though... O.O
Sep 4, 2014 12:21 AM
Oct 2013
Raro said:
mystik said:

That preview for the next episode though... O.O

Another Semi-Hentai
Also 5/5 episode this time, Cant wait for the next one :D
Sep 4, 2014 1:44 AM

Jul 2012
ipurin said:
did no one ever see the subtle yaranaika face? or is it just me?

Yup, I noticed that too haha

This and Rance-Tatsumi xD
DanpmssSep 4, 2014 1:54 AM
Sep 4, 2014 6:38 AM

Dec 2007
Ah, i get it. The one Akame loves the most is her sister, but she also wants to kill her because she is evil. That's kinda neat.

Bulat's death in the last episode was much better than Sheele's. It was kinda slow, shounen style, but it wasn't drawn out. And we knew him much better. He was a swell guy. Tatsumi's reaction then and the follow up in this episode felt appropriate and to the point. Just a shame that the fight itself was the worst one so far in terms of choreography and animation.

Do ho ho. Esdeath's criteria of love fit Tatsumi exactly. And then she just happens to lay eyes on him and abducts him immediately. Nah, it was pretty fun though. The reason for the competition makes sense, and at least the love criteria were payed off right away instead of waiting for a few episodes. It's a bit convoluted, but because of the whole "unavoidable death" thing if they ever were to fight, i like this as a way of deepening the hero-villain relationship.
Sep 4, 2014 6:44 AM
Mar 2014
While we knew Bulat much better, I think we managed to get some emotional attachment to Sheele after she comforted Tatsumi. All those death flags though >.>

I wouldn't say she "just happened to lay eyes on him" - that was one of the purposes of the tournament, along with finding an Imperial Arms user. That said, the winner wouldn't necessarily fit her criteria.
Sep 4, 2014 8:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
rothrock said:

When you stop watching.
I missed you so much lol
Sep 4, 2014 8:37 AM
Aug 2014
Alright let's hope that Esdeath and Akame's sister joins Night Raid and all of them live happily together ever after
Sep 4, 2014 4:43 PM

Jul 2014
Esdeath is such an intriguing character, she's supposed to be the enemy after all because she's the wall that houses all these demons in the empire. Yet I have to say I really like her because she knows she's dealing with demons, and realizes how weak they are.
Sep 4, 2014 10:09 PM
Mar 2014
zyvox said:
Alright let's hope that Esdeath and Akame's sister joins Night Raid and all of them live happily together ever after

Haha, I think that's a bit too hopeful.

I feel as though Esdeath is the type that would rage after Tatsumi reveals his allegiance, rather than follow him.

Wonder what split Akame and her sister though, as they're on opposing sides.
Sep 5, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2014
Heh, nice episode. Introduction of lots of new characters.
Of course the unnecessary fanservice of Mine right at the start.
Wave looks pretty cool. lol he's the only one seems normal there.
Tatsumi looks such a badass in that battle. Esdeath interested in Tatsumi, talk about predictable.
But didn't expect that collar she put on Tatsumi though. xD
Oh Tatsumi! What have you got yourself into?!
Dat preview tho!
Sep 5, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
I laughed my butt off when Esdeath collared Tatsumi. The expressions on his teammates faces was priceless!

That said, I don't get how a martial arts tournament can be used to determine whether an individual can use imperial arms. That made no sense at all.

I love watching the Jaegers have their fun, though we all know that such fun is short-lived amongst these people (come on, the Three only lasted one and a half episodes essentially, I don't expect the Jaegers to fair that much better, even with Kuromi there.

Esdeath really should switch sides for her love. XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2014 11:02 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Esdese is so deliciously sexy. Even though Najenda is more my type.

Great episode. Can't wait for the new characters to be introduced in a few episodes.
Sep 5, 2014 12:57 PM
Mar 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
That said, I don't get how a martial arts tournament can be used to determine whether an individual can use imperial arms. That made no sense at all.
To be honest I never saw the point in that either. I have a few theories though:

1.) Maybe the stronger the fighter the higher probability the imperial arms will work? At the very least another strong fighter can't hurt
2.) Even if Sheele's imperial arms can't be used, perhaps future ones may be compatible
3.) Esdeath just had some free time to kill and was secretly holding a test for a lover xD

Whatever the case I also laughed when I saw the look on Lubbock and Leone's face as Tatsumi was dragged away. I had to rewind that part a few times ^^
Sep 5, 2014 7:42 PM

May 2013
Lol, weight disparity.

So the Jaegers is composed of Wave, Seryu, Kurome, Dr. Stylish, Run, Bols, and of course Esdeath.
Seems like Night Raid's going to have a problem.

Esdeath sets up a tournament which Tatsumi wins, thus ending in his capture.
Dat preview tho.

Yatsufusa has been revealed.
Teigu Count: 12 Named, 6 Unnamed, 30 Unknown
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 5, 2014 7:44 PM

Jun 2014
emeraldrosary said:
L-Ryoshi said:
To be honest I never saw the point in that either. I have a few theories though:

1.) Maybe the stronger the fighter the higher probability the imperial arms will work? At the very least another strong fighter can't hurt
2.) Even if Sheele's imperial arms can't be used, perhaps future ones may be compatible
3.) Esdeath just had some free time to kill and was secretly holding a test for a lover xD

Whatever the case I also laughed when I saw the look on Lubbock and Leone's face as Tatsumi was dragged away. I had to rewind that part a few times ^^

Do you want little bitches who get their ass whooped in the high ranks of military and with all your top military gear? Or do you want real niggas who can put in their own in a fight. Thought that was pretty obvious imo lol. But #3 is also another reason
Sep 5, 2014 8:52 PM
Dec 2012
How did you guys feel about wave's voice actor? It's just not what I expected what about you guys?
monkeys
Sep 5, 2014 9:58 PM

Aug 2008
Esdeath falling in love is predictable but doesn't really matter. What really matter is how they develop from this point.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 6, 2014 1:03 AM
Mar 2013
Turtlewack said:
How did you guys feel about wave's voice actor? It's just not what I expected what about you guys?
I don't know, I kind of liked it. It seems a bit to similar to Tatsumi but I guess he is supposed to represent what Tatsumi would've been if he had joined the imperial army instead of night raid.
Sep 6, 2014 3:59 AM

Aug 2008
How old is Tatsumi and Esdeath?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 6, 2014 8:17 AM
Mar 2014
Zapredon said:
How old is Tatsumi and Esdeath?

Tatsumi seems a lot younger than Esdeath, but looks as though she's into that sort of thing ;)
Sep 6, 2014 8:29 AM

Feb 2014
I have a feeling I'm gonna be dropping this anime soon, but I'm sort of a completionist, so I might finish and just not like it.

Kurome = Akame ripoff for the evil side. Hell, most all of the Jaegers are ripoffs of the Night Raid equivalent. Bols seems a bit different, and maybe Seryu, but everyone else is...sigh.

And Esdeath JUST SO HAPPENING to like traits in a guy that JUST SO HAPPEN to fit Tatsumi exactly? Swear I'm not the only one who doesn't like how this is going. Villains suddenly falling in love with the protagonist for no real reason makes me nauseous.

Sep 6, 2014 9:28 AM

Jun 2014
I don't wanna get too attached with the Jeagers. I know that they're gonna die horribly one day, anyway, like the circus troupe from Kuroshitsuji s3.
Sep 6, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
oktavia-12 said:
Kurome = Akame ripoff for the evil side.

They're siblings.
Sep 6, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
oktavia-12 said:

Kurome = Akame ripoff for the evil side. Hell, most all of the Jaegers are ripoffs of the Night Raid equivalent. Bols seems a bit different, and maybe Seryu, but everyone else is...sigh.

Kurome and Akame are sisters, so they're going to be similar there. Wave is the foil of Tatsumi and is what Tatsumi might have been if he joined the imperial forces. The reason why the author made Wave as a character should be pretty damn obvious. Aaaaaand, that is it. Those are the only two similar to one another. (The only thing that Bulat and Dr. Stylish share is that they are gay, their personalities couldn't be more different). The others are their own.

oktavia-12 said:

And Esdeath JUST SO HAPPENING to like traits in a guy that JUST SO HAPPEN to fit Tatsumi exactly? Swear I'm not the only one who doesn't like how this is going. Villains suddenly falling in love with the protagonist for no real reason makes me nauseous.

Uh, yeah, no sh*t. If the author wanted it so that Esdeath falls in love with Tatsumi, thereby creating an interesting conflict later on, then of course he will fit her requirements. That's basic storytelling. So no, it wasn't for no real reason (I don't know why you said it was for no reason when you just said he fit her desired traits, you contradicted yourself).
Sep 7, 2014 9:00 AM
Jan 2010
HOW DID THE BOSS MANAGE TO BECOME ONE OF THE HIGHEST RANKING OFFICERS IN THE ARMY WITHOUT KNOWING HOW THE EMPIRE HANDLES WARS/OTHER THINGS
Sep 7, 2014 7:48 PM
Mar 2014
Qans said:
emeraldrosary said:

Do you want little bitches who get their ass whooped in the high ranks of military and with all your top military gear? Or do you want real niggas who can put in their own in a fight. Thought that was pretty obvious imo lol. But #3 is also another reason

This, as well as point #1. They aren't guaranteed to be able to wield it, especially with each imperial arms having different characteristics; however it's more likely that they will be able to.

Esdeath definitely was keeping an eye out for lovers though ;)

Wonder how it'll work when they try to give him the Scizzors; he already has the Armor...
Sep 7, 2014 8:59 PM

Nov 2012
Finally the anime has reached here where Esdeath meets Tatsumi. This should be the point where it starts getting interesting.
Sep 8, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2008
Oh crap, of course its Tatsumi...things just got complicated.
Sep 8, 2014 6:27 AM

Oct 2013
O shit I suspect a cat fight
AS soon they read about the tourny I knew she was going to take a liking to him hahaha was kind of a funny out coem time to watch the next episode!!!!!
[/quote]
Sep 8, 2014 4:59 PM

Feb 2014
za21 said:
oktavia-12 said:

Kurome and Akame are sisters, so they're going to be similar there. Wave is the foil of Tatsumi and is what Tatsumi might have been if he joined the imperial forces. The reason why the author made Wave as a character should be pretty damn obvious. Aaaaaand, that is it. Those are the only two similar to one another. (The only thing that Bulat and Dr. Stylish share is that they are gay, their personalities couldn't be more different). The others are their own.

oktavia-12 said:

Uh, yeah, no sh*t. If the author wanted it so that Esdeath falls in love with Tatsumi, thereby creating an interesting conflict later on, then of course he will fit her requirements. That's basic storytelling. So no, it wasn't for no real reason (I don't know why you said it was for no reason when you just said he fit her desired traits, you contradicted yourself).

Okay, just because they are sisters doesn't make an excuse for being more or less the same cjarcter. I know of more than a few siblings in manga/anime that are similar but also have traits t distinguish themselves. There is really nothing to tell them apart (small differences in the look and their side they are on are not big enough differences). Which by the way, you said only Wave & Dr. Stylish were Jaegers similar to Night Raid members.. and then you defend Kurome and Akame are the same? I'M contradicting myself?

What interesting conflict? I'm pretty sure a good portion of us here have read/watched at least a few series with this trope before. I just see it as a weakness so that Esdeath loses in the end because I CANNOT KILL MY LOVE~. And sorry for not considering that asshaul an actual reason. She actually was a pretty good villain until this point, now it's like Athena all over again.

Sep 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
[quote=oktavia-12][quote=za21]
oktavia-12 said:

Okay, just because they are sisters doesn't make an excuse for being more or less the same cjarcter. I know of more than a few siblings in manga/anime that are similar but also have traits t distinguish themselves. There is really nothing to tell them apart (small differences in the look and their side they are on are not big enough differences). Which by the way, you said only Wave & Dr. Stylish were Jaegers similar to Night Raid members.. and then you defend Kurome and Akame are the same? I'M contradicting myself?

What interesting conflict? I'm pretty sure a good portion of us here have read/watched at least a few series with this trope before. I just see it as a weakness so that Esdeath loses in the end because I CANNOT KILL MY LOVE~. And sorry for not considering that asshaul an actual reason. She actually was a pretty good villain until this point, now it's like Athena all over again.

I........don't think you understood what I wrote. I said that Wave and Kurome are the only members of the Jaegars who you can say have a counterpart in Night Raid. I clearly said that Dr. Stylish didn't.

Yes, Kurome and Akame share some traits, but they are still fundamentally different. Kurome likes sweets and is warped while Akame like meat and lacks common sense.

It is an intriguing conflict. Seeing how the relationship between Esdeath and Tatsumi plays out is indeed an interesting part of the story with regards to how Night Raid is gonna deal with her. Doesn't matter if you vaguely remember where you've seen that before (name me one). And no, that wasn't an asspull. That was completely reasonable for Tatsumi to match her ideal traits for a lover and Esdeath falling in love with him. I assure you that it doesn't take away from how op she is or how strong-willed she is.
Sep 9, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
"he's totally into me"- wave, that cracks me up, HAHAHAHHA and that painfully shy masked guy. this is getting more interesting. i really liked the scene where esdeath starts falling for tatsumi. 5/5
Sep 9, 2014 11:17 PM

Feb 2011
nice epi! and ahahah what
Sep 13, 2014 12:24 AM
Jul 2018
WAVE <3
Sep 13, 2014 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
The ending made me laugh. I just can't see myself hating the imperials (Jaegers).
Sep 14, 2014 10:02 PM

Aug 2007
tanjo3 said:
Do you guys see a face in the crab? :O

oiiiiiiiii
Sep 15, 2014 1:14 AM
Sep 2014
When the requirements for the that sadistic generals taste in men came out everything that happened was so obvious. Predictable shonen so far but its still worth watching at least.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

2 by Shizuna »»
Jun 28, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.