Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Overrated?
Yes
47.9%
No
52.1%
1,364 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 27, 2008 2:12 AM

Oct 2008
I hope this topic blows up >_>
Dec 27, 2008 2:25 AM

Jul 2006
I myself dropped it somewhere at episode 15 or so. I had to force myself to watch first 10 episodes, next for sake of completing, but somewhere I just thought "Fuck it" and watched Nodame Cantabile.

I just couldn't find any characters I like, the story didn't really capture me and I'm not a big fan of mecha.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2008 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
People are angry that's it at the top of the rest.

Simple, it's enjoyable to a extreme extent. Story isn't good in comparison to the rest and neither is the art but face it, that means shit if it makes you jump of your chair shouting, "What the FUCK?!" every five minutes.

Also, isn't it easier to rate it a "masterpiece" other than "perfect"? I'm a fan of Death Note and Code Geass but Gurren Lagann takes the hate away from mecha anime and blows a load of manly shit so much that it's hard to breathe. Ok, maybe not so much. Girls are mostly a different case with some research.

But hey, you win some you lose some. It's at the top and a robot didn't put it there, people chose it. Perhaps if Code Geass had better mecha battles... uh, nah, it'll still be under. Hate it or love it, it's life.
Dec 28, 2008 12:15 PM

Feb 2008
No, it was just fucking awesome.
Dec 30, 2008 2:18 PM
Oct 2007
to me, this anime isnt overrated

my reasoning is pretty simple

NAME 1 anime that had better epic role deaths

people in TTGL die with style
Dec 31, 2008 4:34 AM

Jul 2008
deaths don't make an anime...
To me, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann had an average soundtrack, good characters, average animation and an average-bad plot, almost dragonballz-ish (protagonists fighting one enemy after another, each more powerful than the last), and had sad sad premises... i mean, their first purpose was to free the world from the one keeping them underground (bettering/saving the world) and they didn't even explain what spiral energy is (at the very least they didn't do it well).

For those of you who claim the final fight was "epic", it sucked. The choreography was fail, you could hardly make out any of the movements and it was just pulling out one shounen supermove after another.

The reason for its appeal is basically is uniqueness in its approach to conventional scene. Gurren Lagann pretty much aimed for the polar opposite of what can be called "artistic" (and i must say, it was a bold and original approach and worked well for them). Its "unorthodox" robots and ways to merge robots, the character's (almost anti-hero) speeches and personalities had shown great originality as compared to its predecessors, earning its fanaticism.

However, i would argue that gurren lagann's uniqueness, personality and characters simply can't drag this anime to the number one position (plot is far too important, at least for me). I believe those that claim this anime to be "epic" or "awesome" are simply blinded by that one charming aspect of it without carefully considering the anime as a whole.
There are anime that can be seen as superior in such analysis - e.g. baccano, with superior plot, superior characters, good voice acting, fitting sound effects (but, i must admit, fairly average animation).

Dec 31, 2008 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
dxthegreat said:
However, i would argue that gurren lagann's uniqueness, personality and characters simply can't drag this anime to the number one position (plot is far too important, at least for me). I believe those that claim this anime to be "epic" or "awesome" are simply blinded by that one charming aspect of it without carefully considering the anime as a whole.
There are anime that can be seen as superior in such analysis - e.g. baccano, with superior plot, superior characters, good voice acting, fitting sound effects (but, i must admit, fairly average animation).

I am in agreement as well, even though I would hesitate to say that Baccano is great enough to qualify as number one. (I have this nagging feeling I read you wrongly though, but nevermind).

I'll add this into the discussion: When TTGL hits the spot, it hits it deep. You all know what I'm talking about. The scenes that are done well.. are done spectacularly well, to the extent of (yes) making you jump to the edge of the seat and start yelling.

The rest of the stuff.... not so much. I count a total of 4 scenes that "hit the spot" for me, and 6 episodes that I would consider good overall (starting from post-timeskip and ending with the reunion of the cast). The rest... is pretty much mediocre.
Peace through Superior Firepower!

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 1, 2009 8:00 AM

Oct 2008
dxthegreat said:
deaths don't make an anime...
To me, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann had an average soundtrack, good characters, average animation and an average-bad plot, almost dragonballz-ish (protagonists fighting one enemy after another, each more powerful than the last), and had sad sad premises... i mean, their first purpose was to free the world from the one keeping them underground (bettering/saving the world) and they didn't even explain what spiral energy is (at the very least they didn't do it well).

For those of you who claim the final fight was "epic", it sucked. The choreography was fail, you could hardly make out any of the movements and it was just pulling out one shounen supermove after another.

The reason for its appeal is basically is uniqueness in its approach to conventional scene. Gurren Lagann pretty much aimed for the polar opposite of what can be called "artistic" (and i must say, it was a bold and original approach and worked well for them). Its "unorthodox" robots and ways to merge robots, the character's (almost anti-hero) speeches and personalities had shown great originality as compared to its predecessors, earning its fanaticism.

Honestly i think you're just butthurt GL is ranked #1 while Baccano is down at 20.
Jan 1, 2009 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
Veronin said:

Exactly.
Jan 1, 2009 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
Viperslayer said:
Honestly i think you're just butthurt GL is ranked #1 while Baccano is down at 20.

Is it really that hard to comprehend that people have legitimate criticisms of shows that you like?

Viperslayer said:
Veronin said:

Exactly.

Fuck no. It had its awesome bits, but they were so spaced out that to call the whole show awesome would be to say that America is all about Titties.

formosan said:
Are you using some kind of advanced logic I don't know about? Have you decided to assign new meanings to English words? Are you just intentionally burning a straw man and knowing full well that you're changing the subject and misrepresenting a claim?
Jan 2, 2009 12:54 AM

Oct 2008
The whole idea that's its like DBZ is plain stupid. If it was like DBZ, each fight would be dragged out to around 10 episodes each.

And the fact he said it had an average sound track just completely ruined any proceeding criticism in his post.
Jan 2, 2009 2:03 AM

Jun 2008
Viperslayer said:
The whole idea that's its like DBZ is plain stupid. If it was like DBZ, each fight would be dragged out to around 10 episodes each.

You could like, have said this to start with. Instead of leaping up with a content-free PA.

As it is, dxthegreat said that the plot was DragonBallZ-esque. I don't really agree with that mysel, due to the post-timeskip arc, at least, having far more complexity than any DBZ plot. However => you can certainly see where he's coming from. Pre-timeskip, and after Cast Reunion: the plot is simply about getting bigger and beating enemies with bigger and fancier forms of Super Saiyan/Lagann.

The execution may have been different (less padding etc) but the plot is reminiscent of DBZ, no matter how you spin it.

And the fact he said it had an average sound track just completely ruined any proceeding criticism in his post.

No, not really.

formosan said:
Jan 4, 2009 2:24 PM
Dec 2008
gin25636 said:
ukonkivi said:
Skarith said:
Don't feed the troll!
Neverender said:
Delete this, please.

I think this sort of thing could be aiding people in finding it overrated.

I watched the thing the whole way though.
It was more than I expected, because I didn't expect much from it.
But a number one ranking? Hell no.

Also, I don't remember seeing people this defensive in other anime topics here I've been to.

You know, if it wasn't ranked #1, then it wouldn't deserve #1.
But since it's #1, it deserves it.

/end topic

In my opinion it doesn't deserve #1. It's enjoyable, but the story is not good...
Dont refer to the MAL's top list....
SprawlsJan 4, 2009 2:33 PM
Jan 4, 2009 3:45 PM

Aug 2007
I ended up enjoying TTGL far more than I thought I would, so to me it's not overrated. It fits the definition of a brilliant show
Jan 7, 2009 2:13 PM

Mar 2008
Im on the 17th episode and so far I think its overrated.

I think of this clip all the time when I watch, everything is soooo over exagurated. 01:06 thought I think the makers are worse than Michael Bay tbh.
PewdieJan 7, 2009 2:17 PM
Jan 8, 2009 9:38 AM

Sep 2007
Actually, if Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is not popular (Well it certainly isnt YET when I finished watching it by then) and you happened to encounter and watch it without expecting anything, I think a lot of the response wouldn't be like what we have now.
Because it is ranked #1 here (even though MAL anime ranking is fairly lolworthy) so everyone is expecting it to be something totally brilliant and out of this world.

The reason I still ranked it as one of my top anime (Along with NHK ni Youkoso) is because I still can't find anything that give me such excitement when watching it. Well its too late for those who are exposed to forums comment, critics, etc but for those who jumped into the series without any prior knowledge about what it is all about, you are in for a one exciting over the top rollercoaster ride

I see alot comment like , "I've watch until episode etc etc "(as early as episode 1) and they dropped it straight away. I am not the one that can judge how you gonna watch it but for me, why don't lower your expectation and give it a shot. Thats how I find some series that I really like until now even though the starting didnt interest me that much. Lol for me though, TTGL never bored me even once, well maybe episode 5 but thats it. Around ep7-8 all the way till the end, i marathoned it and bam, teh top of my list now =)

Just my 2 cent
Jan 12, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
Fareplay said:
to me, this anime isnt overrated

my reasoning is pretty simple

NAME 1 anime that had better epic role deaths

people in TTGL die with style

yeah you got that right

and for those who saying that this anime is not great
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!! thats gurren brigade battlecry for you
Jan 12, 2009 11:11 PM

Oct 2008
lame.
Jan 13, 2009 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
When I started Gurren Lagann (before the hype about it), I started off pretty slowly. I liked the passion and all, but I've never been a mecha fan.

...and yet, I ended up giving it a 10. It does have its slow parts (by God, ep 9), but overall it's definitely my favorite series simply because I don't think any other series has moved me as much. Through some of the epic scenes, I could actually feel my adrenaline running. Even now, after I finished the series over a year ago, it's still motivating.

Yeah, it doesn't have the best soundtrack (although "Liberame from Hell" is one of my favorite songs, the rest is meh), and it doesn't have the most complicated plot, but the feelings were there for me and so... yeah.

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 13, 2009 10:18 AM

Dec 2008
I dont think its overrated. In my opinion it had only one flaw, and that was not having a PERFECT plot. The love or hate characters, the action, the feeling you got everytime they yelled "Who do you think we are!?" and so on, the animation, the humour, the pace, everything was perfect for me.

I enjoyed it so much, I broke my record of episodes watched in a day. (I watched the whole thing the same day. I had vacation, give me a break! :P)

I gave it a 9/10, because of what I said above :)
Jan 13, 2009 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
No it was a really good anime. I think its not overrated.
Jan 13, 2009 5:55 PM

Feb 2008
no if it wasn't number 1, people would ask if it was underrated. Someone had to be number one, why not this show?
Jan 14, 2009 5:27 AM

Oct 2008
It`s overrated.
I admit I`ve watched it because it`s the most popular anime on MAL and I`m kind of surprised why it`s no 1. Of course it`s a very good anime and quite enjoyable but not even half as good as for example Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo or Mushishi. Yeah, it`s action packed but so is (sorry, WAS) Bleach or Naruto. Characters are ok, but somehowI don`t feel any connection with them.
For me it`s a good anime, but not one I`ll watch over and over again, like I do with others. But that`s just my opinion ^^ Peace.

mikuniJan 14, 2009 5:36 AM
Jan 14, 2009 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
I thought this series was underrated. Everyone on this planet has to see this Masterpiece. The only thing that bugs me is that it ended.
Jan 16, 2009 3:28 PM
Jan 2009
Overrated. Simple answer.

I could not sit through one episode of this series. This was nothing but a re-make of DBZ. Using the same plot and amateur message as a series produced almost 30 years its predecessor proves that this show is just CHILDISH. Just because you cannot appreciate or understand TRUE epic works who are worthy of being called a masterpiece does not make this anime (aimed at the masses) a so called masterpiece. Just as someone had said earlier, once you mature, you will see how stupid you made yourself look by calling this epic. :D

Oh, and one more thing: comments saying things like 'this thread should be blown up' should give you an idea of what type of people watch this show: KIDS/ overly immature teenagers.
Jan 17, 2009 7:08 PM

Aug 2007
Gurren Lagann is a great anime, so it's a NO!
Jan 17, 2009 7:38 PM

Jul 2008
I change my mind. It's not overrated. Just like hypno-toad on futurama, if it can brainwash all these people, making them forget the fundamentals of an anime, and do so this well, then it deserves to be number 1.

Lol, not like any of you takes Myanimelist rankings seriously.

Jan 17, 2009 9:35 PM
Jan 2009
I just finished marathoning this series. I also decided to watch it because it was listed #1 on MAL and I'll probably watch the Top 50 eventually. The comedy early on was great, Viral's first fight (blade + mecha) was epic, and Kamina's death was an incredible moment to behold. But in between all of this were a bunch of average episodes. Randomly falling into other villages, being captured in a hot spring, beating up random mechas and saying "Yay, we did it bro!" There's no way I'd give the first arc higher then an 8. All of the beastmen leaders fell to the "Invincible" Gurren Lagann like they do in morning cartoon shows. It was like watching your average episode of Power Rangers.

It wasn't until the second arc when you can finally sit down and say "This is getting awesome, time for a marathon!" Your thrown curves left and right. Rivals becoming friends, love interests becoming enemies, humanity finally able to enjoy freedom yet slowly inching closer to its fortold doom. The time slip was really the turning point in the series. It's hard to explain, but I guess I enjoyed it more because the brigade had "matured." None of that "I need to find a reason to live or fight" nonsense. The final battles were also awesome. It's great when characters finally start to die off ( ^ _ ^)v

I gave the series an 8 overall. I believe this series is overrated due to the massive amount of 10's it must have received in order to get a 9.0 average. The first half of the series was in no way a "Masterpiece." But who cares if it is overrated. The second arc was excellent and the series overall was great! Glad I watched it (thanks to it being #1).
Jan 18, 2009 8:41 AM

Dec 2008
For me it was the second arc that was worse, or rather, I would prefer it as a complete separate series (tengen toppa z?), because, in my opinion the 7 year lap just didn't work. Everything changed dramatically, the climate was gone, it was basically a different series. It was too sudden. If it was another series it would work. And I have to say, as far as the ending battle was AWESOME, the ending SUCKED (omg, the epilogue was sooo unnecessary!). So, in the end, I think this series had some very good points, but it is overrated, I gave it a 7 (I was thinking about 8, but I reminded myself the ending and changed it to 7).
Jan 18, 2009 9:54 AM

Feb 2008
Gurren Lagann is definitely not overrated, it deserves the high ratings without doubt. Many people don't understand that GL is much more than a "over the top" mecha anime, it's also a homage to the last 30 years of Japanese animation, and it isn't as simple as most people think, with strong underlying messages about evolution, dreams, becoming adult, etc. Animation-wise it's also one of the best TV anime so far, GL breakes the boundaries of the limited Japanimation and sets new standards. Certainly it isn't the revolution which Eva was thirteen years ago, but GL is a masterpiece and milestone in anime history and among the top 5 TV anime of this decade.
Jan 18, 2009 10:43 AM

Sep 2008
kabuto_00 said:

I could not sit through one episode of this series. This was nothing but a re-make of DBZ. Using the same plot and amateur message as a series produced almost 30 years its predecessor proves that this show is just CHILDISH. Just because you cannot appreciate or understand TRUE epic works who are worthy of being called a masterpiece does not make this anime (aimed at the masses) a so called masterpiece. Just as someone had said earlier, once you mature, you will see how stupid you made yourself look by calling this epic. :D

Oh, and one more thing: comments saying things like 'this thread should be blown up' should give you an idea of what type of people watch this show: KIDS/ overly immature teenagers.

Yea you clearly have no idea what your talking about, I hardly think the opinion of a person with only one post and no list actually matters. I also think it's kinda funny you couldn't sit threw one episode,when nothing even happens in the beginning of episode one that is remotely DBZish
JigeroJan 18, 2009 10:50 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 19, 2009 5:20 AM

Jun 2008
Jigero said:
Yea you clearly have no idea what your talking about, I hardly think the opinion of a person with only one post and no list actually matters.

They matter just as much as the opinion of any other person here, which is to say none at all.

I believe the word you're looking for is "credible".

I also think it's kinda funny you couldn't sit threw one episode,when nothing even happens in the beginning of episode one that is remotely DBZish

How do you know he started at episode one?

formosan said:
Jan 19, 2009 5:40 AM

Apr 2008
I don't think it's overrated. But being #1, still not sure bout it.

I find the series epic and interesting so it's not really a problem for me.

Jan 19, 2009 8:36 AM

Jun 2007
I admit I voted yes, but then again, we're all too stupid to even consider we give fair ratings and opinions. And the ratings here (well, almost everywhere) merely express one's personal enjoyment, no matter what kind of pretty words they use to reason it. Excuse me for generalizing, but seeing so many people's reasonings to think this is the best thing ever, I think most of this show's fans are "raw enjoyers". Also, I highly doubt that many people, especially on the internet, are credible enough to talk about this show's animation, directing, production, and so on, as superior compared to other shows, action-oriented or not, with as little bias as possible.

Sorry if this was kinda redundant.

sHsIkuA said:
Actually, if Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is not popular (Well it certainly isnt YET when I finished watching it by then) and you happened to encounter and watch it without expecting anything, I think a lot of the response wouldn't be like what we have now.
Because it is ranked #1 here (even though MAL anime ranking is fairly lolworthy) so everyone is expecting it to be something totally brilliant and out of this world.

This applies for both haters and lovers. Just as people may watch it with extremely high expectations and end up hating it, some may watch it, like it as much as/for the same reasons they liked, lets say, DBZ, Bleach, Naruto (not criticizing these in any way, just examples of action-oriented shows, just like this one), but give this more credit than it deserves because of its good rating all over the internet.
Jan 20, 2009 1:52 AM
Dec 2008
Well, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann came out #1 after taking into consideration all the scores given by the members of MyAnimeList. With this, it would be difficult to say that it is highly overrated wouldn't it?

I think how good an anime is depends on how enjoyable it is. TTGL is definitely as enjoyable as Code Geass R2 and many other fantastic animes.

Jigero said:
kabuto_00 said:

Yea you clearly have no idea what your talking about, I hardly think the opinion of a person with only one post and no list actually matters. I also think it's kinda funny you couldn't sit threw one episode,when nothing even happens in the beginning of episode one that is remotely DBZish

Chill man... There are people who don't post in the forums or update their anime lists all the time. Doesn't mean we are noobs who can't tell whether an anime is good or not haha.
qseftJan 20, 2009 2:00 AM
Jan 20, 2009 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
Jigero said:
kabuto_00 said:

Don't feed the trolls.
They guy is probably one of the butthurt /b/tards who got mad at the RowRowFightThePowah incident and simply registered here to post that for the lulz.
Jan 20, 2009 8:29 PM

Sep 2008
turkeymeister said:
Jigero said:
Yea you clearly have no idea what your talking about, I hardly think the opinion of a person with only one post and no list actually matters.

They matter just as much as the opinion of any other person here, which is to say none at all.

I believe the word you're looking for is "credible".

I also think it's kinda funny you couldn't sit threw one episode,when nothing even happens in the beginning of episode one that is remotely DBZish

How do you know he started at episode one?

Then he's even more of an Idiot if he didn't.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 20, 2009 9:12 PM

Jun 2008
qseft said:
Well, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann came out #1 after taking into consideration all the scores given by the members of MyAnimeList. With this, it would be difficult to say that it is highly overrated wouldn't it?

Something is rated highly because people give it high ratings, and therefore the rating that it is given reflects its quality.

Don't you find something wrong with that argument?

Jigero said:
Then he's even more of an Idiot if he didn't.

People may catch an episode while at a friend's place, or on TV, etc. It's not good to pre-judge.

While there wasn't really anything DBZ-esque in ep 1, you can't deny other episodes having that kind of elements.

formosan said:
Jan 21, 2009 7:36 AM

Nov 2008
I have seen episodes 1 and 2 so far, and while it is enjoyable, I am not yet convinced that it's anything other than a wacky male-oriented anime series. I am told it gets really good later on, but so far it's just likeable characters in a nonsensical scenario. But I suppose that is the appeal. Immediately I thought of FLCL, which I have to say, so far at least, I prefer.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Jan 21, 2009 1:42 PM

Jul 2008
I think it is a really good anime, but I would also agree that it is somewhat overrated. It is by no means "the best" and I would assume that most of the people who claim that have watched very little anime seriously.
Jan 21, 2009 3:10 PM
Dec 2008
turkeymeister said:
qseft said:

Something is rated highly because people give it high ratings, and therefore the rating that it is given reflects its quality.

Don't you find something wrong with that argument?

I think there are people who did not give Gurren Lagann a high rating. Therefore taking an average of all the scores would not make it overrated right? Anyway I guess most people rate an anime by how much they had enjoyed it rather than the animation or sound quality. I think one example is Lucky Star. The animation is definitely not eye-catching but nonetheless I did enjoy the anime and so did many others. That's why it's rating is 8.45 in MyAnimeList. There will always be 2 sides when it comes to whether an anime is the best. Since Gurren Lagann had caught the most attention and had been given so many high ratings, it deserves to be #1 for now. If other equally good or better animes gain popularity over time and get good ratings, we might see Gurren Lagann being pulled down in time to come.

chrislongden3 said:
I think it is a really good anime, but I would also agree that it is somewhat overrated. It is by no means "the best" and I would assume that most of the people who claim that have watched very little anime seriously.

Would you care to name an anime(s) to support your claim? I've seen quite a number of popular animes (not a lot!) and I thought Gurren Lagann is by far the best or at least on par with other animes like Code Geass.
Jan 21, 2009 11:10 PM

Jun 2008
qseft said:
I think there are people who did not give Gurren Lagann a high rating. Therefore taking an average of all the scores would not make it overrated right? Anyway I guess most people rate an anime by how much they had enjoyed it rather than the animation or sound quality. I think one example is Lucky Star. The animation is definitely not eye-catching but nonetheless I did enjoy the anime and so did many others. That's why it's rating is 8.45 in MyAnimeList. There will always be 2 sides when it comes to whether an anime is the best. Since Gurren Lagann had caught the most attention and had been given so many high ratings, it deserves to be #1 for now. If other equally good or better animes gain popularity over time and get good ratings, we might see Gurren Lagann being pulled down in time to come.

Taking an average of scores given by people gives a rating. Considering that rating overly high would mean that one considers each individual rating that people give the show overly high. It's nothing to do with the process in which this rating is obtained.

formosan said:
Jan 23, 2009 5:30 AM

Aug 2007
This is the only anime which I've watched twice. It's great because it started well and ended well, unlike 99% of anime out there (FMA, Gantz, Berserk etc... to name a few - which were really good, then the ending just killed it).
Jan 25, 2009 7:08 PM

Oct 2008
*lets out a loud and long fart*

yep, thats about all this topic is worth.
Nothing but bickering back and fourth.
I call for a lock.
Jan 25, 2009 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
Viperslayer said:
*lets out a loud and long fart*

yep, thats about all this topic is worth.
Nothing but bickering back and fourth.
I call for a lock.

The only one who's been consistently letting off foul fumes is you.

formosan said:
Jan 25, 2009 11:22 PM
Jun 2008
Honestly, I don't think it's overrated.

I have had a mixed experience with this show, the first episode bored me, but I saw episode 12-something and it was mildly entertaining.

I have a slight bias against this show for the reason I have a friend IRL who keeps shoving this down my throat as the "BEST ANIME EVAR LOLOMGLOL".
Jan 25, 2009 11:33 PM
Sep 2008
IMO, not over rated. I feel that it was all about passion/belief and did really well.
Jan 26, 2009 5:01 AM
Jan 2009
TTGL is overrated

there are too many unaswered qustions...the story is weak (shows at the end of the series) and the charecters arent deep enough

it dosent deserve to be the top anime..not in a million years

the show would be much better if the ending filled in the gaps instead of making them bigger
Jan 28, 2009 7:57 AM

Jan 2008
IMA-sama said:

there are too many unanswered questions...

Some of the questions get answered through the Parallel Works.
Jan 28, 2009 11:37 AM
Jan 2009
ntHai said:
IMA-sama said:

there are too many unanswered questions...

Some of the questions get answered through the Parallel Works.

I didnt see the parallel works ...but I dont plan to...I dont want to see mecha fighting while throwing GALAXIES at each other
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krelian - May 16, 2007

95 by rogire »»
Sep 22, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1159 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 16, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Gurren Lagann Episode 8 - Never Forget ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

windy - May 20, 2007

516 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MasterChief - May 10, 2007

184 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

208 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.