Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2014 10:55 AM

May 2014
Good episode, I read the manga so I really wasn't as surprised as others to Sheele's death.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Aug 10, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
Not surprised, people are already beginning to nitpick and criticise the show just because they have nothing better to do or just want mere attention in general. I love humanity.

That aside, this was an amazing episode, the feels.... will miss Sheele, beautiful and epic action with greatly integrated music throughout. Action scenes were really well done, gj white fox.
Aug 10, 2014 10:57 AM
Aug 2012
They animated the fight scene a lot better than I thought they would. Though Sheele's death was made to look somewhat more like a mother's death. The flashback segment was definitely handled better.

So in the end they did end up cutting out the whole boiling sequence. Suppose we'll be waiting for the Blu Rays.
KVVAug 10, 2014 11:01 AM
Aug 10, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
That aside, this was an amazing episode, the feels.... will miss Sheele.
For what and why will you miss this "Sheele"?
Aug 10, 2014 11:00 AM

Jul 2014
I was not ready for this... I really liked Sheele.

The beginning bit seemed really cheesy and rushed to me. I did like the part with Sheele and overall I thought it was a solid episode.

I guess we're done with Justice-chan for now. Next week... sadism!
Aug 10, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2009
skudoops said:
Nidhoeggr said:

True, but it will also not stop. After all, only blood and gore makes it "adult" and "mature"...

No one has said anything about blood making anything mature but you. So I really have no idea what you are trying to pull here.

Except the manga context. it clearly takes itself way too seriously for having such a ridiculous black and white cast.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 10, 2014 11:01 AM
Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
It would've been nice to see it toned down and more realistic, if you could put it in that sense, but I don't see that happening with AgK given the design in general, which is fair.

I've actually started to watch it as more of a comedy than anything serious. It's more enjoyable this way.

I don't think you should approach it like that. Akame ga Kill! is nothing short of a fun rollercoaster ride. It has an interesting setting, likeable (albeit not perfect or extremely developed) characters, reasonable and actually existing fighting mechanics and an existing plot. Don't take it as an out of the ordinary, extremely serious and mature seinen, because it's not. It's just a dark battle shounen, which happens to be fun.
Aug 10, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2014
OMFG

The beginning was funny and I liked it.

The fight though.. I never expected this Seryu girl to turn out this way! WTH! I can't believe this..

Sheele actually died, omg I can't... UGH WHYY?
She wasn't even my favorite but I actually teared up at the end of the episode, when Tatsumi was remembering her and remembering last episode's scene, that shit got me BAD.. tears flowed..

Amazing episode, 5/5 loving AGK right now.

I really liked it when Bulat (favorite character) punched Tatsumi, he didn't wanna do it but he did for Tatsumi to learn..
This was really really sad.. Even if I didn't know her for so long but that was enough and I will greatly miss her

Aug 10, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2010
noooo meganee~ girl :((
wow this ep really stirred things up..its just keep getting better
5/5
Aug 10, 2014 11:06 AM
Oct 2010
Nidhoeggr said:

Except the manga context. it clearly takes itself way too seriously for having such a ridiculous black and white cast.

What manga have you been reading? After the last few chapters you are really going to say this? Also I'm not going to elaborate because I'm already tired of people posting manga spoilers up in these threads.
Aug 10, 2014 11:06 AM

Aug 2010
Man! One of my favourite character is gone :/ I think I'll miss her. Damn it!
Aug 10, 2014 11:07 AM

Jan 2012
Quite a few people cut in half here... and yeah no censor lol Wasn't that bloody though imo...

Sheele was stupid there... instead of cutting off her guns, she should have cut off her head and she would have lived then

Sep 2011
Pretty kickass ep! I loved the fight between sheele & mine againts the police girl(that dog). Sheele though, i see it coming since she reveal her backstory last episode but the police chick is crazy but she only doing her job so i feel bad(not sad more like shock than anything else) for both of them. Oh, that blue hair chick is back! Everybody in AGK is either crazy or evil no good guy whatsoever.
AndroidJacketAug 10, 2014 9:23 PM

Apr 2014
-Resident- said:

I don't think you should approach it like that. Akame ga Kill! is nothing short of a fun rollercoaster ride. It has an interesting setting, likeable (albeit not perfect or extremely developed) characters, reasonable and actually existing fighting mechanics and an existing plot. Don't take it as a out of the ordinary, extremely serious and mature seinen, because it's not. It's just a dark battle shounen, which happens to be fun.

Yeah, it's probably how I took it while I read the manga to be honest. As another poster said last week, I guess I'm different with panel-to-panel than I am with the show when it comes to how I view it, even if the adaption is as honest as this.

I'm not saying I don't enjoy it either, because I definitely do. I was a big fan going into the show, and it's definitely entertaining to watch.

But you're right. I don't think it's an "extremely serious and mature seinen". At least not anymore in my view, haha.
Nop.
Aug 10, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2014
OMFG!!! ONLY 6 EPS IN AND THIS IS WHAT WE GET?!?!?! I'M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD BE SCARED OR EXCITED!!! Sheele.... RIP.... T-T
Mar 2013
T_T sheel well i knew it was comming and i felt more sad watching the anime T.T

Apr 2013
T3hSource said:
LeFlower-kun said:
That aside, this was an amazing episode, the feels.... will miss Sheele.

LOL amazing critics at It's pinnacle. I will miss her because I liked her character. Dang dude, try harder.
Aug 10, 2014 11:09 AM

May 2014
skudoops said:
Nidhoeggr said:

What manga have you been reading? After the last few chapters you are really going to say this? Also I'm not going to elaborate because I'm already tired of people posting manga spoilers up in these threads.
No, that claim is even more invalidated by the last chapters actually.

freshy1993 said:
Man! One of my favourite character is gone :/ I think I'll miss her. Damn it!
You'll forget her in a week. Thanks for the ammo tho.
Aug 10, 2014 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
In what episode will
Aug 10, 2014 11:10 AM

Jan 2013
I am enjoying this anime but I really wish they'd tone down on the "edginess", some scenes are borderline cringe worthy :S

polespAug 10, 2014 11:13 AM
Aug 10, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
People.. Stop lying. I bet none of you were surprised after episode 5 discussion thread and people just shitting out spoilers.. Literally.

Another solid episode, solid adaptation, not disappointed in at the least.
inb4 manga spoilers anyway since AgK has a poor fan base.

5/5

Seems AgK is joining the ''dark side''. Hope they continue to go this way and make the anime literally dark and remove the horrible comedy etc.

What pisses me off though is that a character gets one episode screen time (Justice bitch)and already kills some one in the night raid. I mean like, what am I meant to feel?
I hardly liked Sheele anyway, T3hSource does have a bit of common sense. I don't feel shit for Sheele as they didn't give her much to offer.
"Hi!"
Aug 10, 2014 11:12 AM
Jun 2012
Hmm, very meh episode, in my opinion, apparently I'm very much alone on that but Sheele's death had zero impact on me. Sheele simply wasn't an important character. Also for some strange reason I was wondering whether she was gonna die before it happened.
Aug 10, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2008
T3hSource said:
Darklight0303 said:
It's a mix. Come on don't tell me this is the first time ever that you've seen both fantasy and tech mixed in. SEriously find something better to bitch about or just go away. Going away would be appreciated
No, I haven't, because it makes absolutely no sense. Magic, power ups, and the like,OK.
Modern ranged weapons vs melee... WTF?

And you can go away as well ರ_ರ

I'm not a trolling pest that keeps parroting their bias every single post they make. So would you kindly jump off and never come back
Aug 10, 2014 11:13 AM
Sep 2012
LonelyWizard said:
Rule #1 never trust anyone unless they are from night raid...If they are not from Night Raid it means they are lunatic

Lmfao so on point, even in the manga it's like that. All the "good" people either die killed by the villains or are members of the Revolutionary Army and Night Raid.

Love this series though. I did feel more about Scheele's death in the anime than in the manga. I guess her sequence of expressions and soft, compassionate voice + flashbacks make you feel more for her there.
& Esdeath's arrival is in place, love her reverse yandere self.
Aug 10, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
T3hSource said:

LOL amazing critics at It's pinnacle. I will miss her because I liked her character. Dang dude, try harder.
OK, next layer: Why do you like her character?Because she hugged Tatsuya once?

Her backstory is shallow, her archetype is poor: airheaded ditzy girl(uguuu) that is only useful when killing. Is that all you need to like a character? Wouldn't you want an entire arc to her, explore her personality, improve her flaws, have some struggle, actually attach to her and care about her.
Aug 2012
WTF WhiteFox completely f*cked up Esdeath in the Akame ga Kill theatre. Watching it without subtitles make her actually look like a good person seriously WTF!
The Komori

Mar 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
skudoops said:

No one has said anything about blood making anything mature but you. So I really have no idea what you are trying to pull here.

No one in this series is White and secondly, most of the characters are all Grey lol
Aug 10, 2014 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
T3hSource said:
LeFlower-kun said:

Her backstory is shallow, her archetype is poor: airheaded ditzy girl(uguuu) that is only useful when killing. Is that all you need to like a character? Wouldn't you want an entire arc to her, explore her personality, improve her flaws, have some struggle, actually attach to her and care about her.

Those are your bloody standards. Thank god that the whole planet is not programmed like you. Now go away
Aug 10, 2014 11:16 AM

Jul 2010
polesp said:
I am enjoying this anime but I really wish they'd tone down on the "edginess", some scenes are borderline cringe worthy :S

Yeah, seeing all that blood and limbs fly around was just ridiculous and when tatsumi cut the guy in half I just couldn't stop laughing, what is the human body made of in this world, cardboard?
Aug 10, 2014 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
polesp said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about, stuff like this makes it too hard for the scenes that are supposed to be serious to be impactful, they're just too much over the top edginess in the other scenes.
Aug 10, 2014 11:19 AM
Aug 2012
T3hSource said:
LeFlower-kun said:

If we had an arc for every character we even remotely like, we'd all be spending 3 times our lifespan continuously watching anime with constant character arcs over and over and over.
There's like. There's love. There's adore. There's attached. And so on. Not every character needs a story arc for us to begin to 'like' them.
Aug 10, 2014 11:20 AM
Feb 2013
what really makes sheele's death frustrating is how as viewers, we get the feeling she could have easily lived, like if she had killed seryu after blocking the first bullet instead of cutting off the gun, or just kill her immediately after cutting off the gun instead of posing to look cool, or kill her before she called for koro to go berserk, or kill her instead of going to cut off koro's arm to stop mine from being crushed (kill the user, the teigu stops moving)
Aug 10, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2011
bastek66 said:
Censoring everywhere ruined this episode

I didn't get any of the censors some of you mentioned. Like on the website I saw it on, I clearly saw her severed arms in this shot.
--
Anywho, I liked how most of the episode was action. Nice.
Kinda wished Mine died though lol.
Let's keep chopping people in half kay?

Aug 10, 2014 11:23 AM
Aug 2012
MaiTai said:
bastek66 said:
Censoring everywhere ruined this episode

I didn't get any of the censors some of you mentioned. Like on the website I saw it on, I clearly saw her severed arms in this shot.
--
Anywho, I liked how most of the episode was action. Nice.
Kinda wished Mine died though lol.
Let's keep chopping people in half kay?

I think it was a joke...

May 2014
Keetriver said:
If we had an arc for every character we even remotely like, we'd all be spending 3 times our lifespan continuously watching anime with constant character arcs over and over and over.
There's like. There's love. There's adore. There's attached. And so on. Not every character needs a story arc for us to begin to 'like' them.
OK, then how about strong characterization? A basic thing for every character from the main cast. Caesar in JoJo: Battle Tendency had a lot more impactful death.

Jul 2010
Tokoya said:
Nidhoeggr said:

No one in this series is White and secondly, most of the characters are all Grey lol

Unfortunately, the first episodes used the cartoonishly evil villains of the week as a way to introduce the characters and this makes it way too easy to point out all the Blacknwhite area flaws.

Aug 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
IonXepH said:
what really makes sheele's death frustrating is how as viewers, we get the feeling she could have easily lived, like if she had killed seryu after blocking the first bullet instead of cutting off the gun, or just kill her immediately after cutting off the gun instead of posing to look cool, or kill her before she called for koro to go berserk, or kill her instead of going to cut off koro's arm to stop mine from being crushed (kill the user, the teigu stops moving)

It's anime man, you'll never get it. Since I dislike Sheele I'll just bash on her character and some of the illogical flaws this episode had. As you stated before, Seryu could of died easily, but Sheele's death was used to add some ''impact'' towards to audience feeling sympathy for her. But like T3hSource stated, Sheele had nothing to offer to make me ''tear up'' for her.
"Hi!"
Aug 10, 2014 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
Keetriver said:
T3hSource said:

This exactly. Well said.
Aug 10, 2014 11:26 AM
Jun 2014
This episode killed the show for me. It feels like it's really the wrong time/character to kill, and the death was incredibly cheap. She could have saved mine by finishing off that stupid guardgirl.

or the plot could have gone another way and guard girl could have become a new member of the team by finding out her sense of justice was wrong, which would have been nicer.
SPOILER FOR REST OF SHOW/MANGA
And of course, they leave Sheele's arms behind. So we lost that. Which means
ChirthorpeTwoAug 10, 2014 11:29 AM
Aug 10, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Amazing episode! Really surprised there were no censors.

R.I.P Sheele. Even though I knew what was going to happen I still felt a bit sad about her death. That OST was beautiful.
-Dizzy-Aug 10, 2014 11:30 AM
Aug 10, 2014 11:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Kaoknight said:
Tokoya said:

Unfortunately, the first episodes used the cartoonishly evil villains of the week as a way to introduce the characters and this makes it way too easy to point out all the Blacknwhite area flaws.

It's like that in the beginning, but as of last week's episode, this is not the case at all
Aug 10, 2014 11:30 AM
Jun 2014
Mikatarukito said:

Well GG anime viewers.

My apologies, I only just started posting on the forum. I've since edited in the spoiler tag, didn't realise I could actually put it in. ^_^ Sorry about that.
Aug 10, 2014 11:30 AM

May 2014
Tokoya said:
It's like that in the beginning, but as of last week's episode, this is not the case at all
So Seryu is not an insane evil sociopathic killer? Oh and Esdeath, we've seen her humiliate and kill a guy, totally not evil and just as psychopathic.

This will be like Mami's death in Madoka, as in: oh look, the main cast can die!
Aug 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
ChirthorpeTwo said:
This episode killed the show for me. It feels like it's really the wrong time/character to kill, and the death was incredibly cheap. She could have saved mine by finishing off that stupid guardgirl.

or the plot could have gone another way and guard girl could have become a new member of the team by finding out her sense of justice was wrong, which would have been nicer.
SPOILER FOR REST OF SHOW/MANGA
And of course, they leave Sheele's arms behind. So we lost that. Which means

You expect Mine to carry two teigu with a broken arm?
Aug 10, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2014
Wait..So people were watching it with Censorship?
There wasn't even a Hint of Censorship on the one I'm watching No white Light S***.Which I downloaded 1940x1080 on Kissanime It was amazing.
Fight scenes were short but Brilliant and probably my Favorite Fights this season.
Anyway I wonder why people are so mad about No Character development or whatever.
But this is Basically what Sums Akame ga kiru up and Why I love it.
"Probably the most interesting thing about Akame ga Kill! is the kind of mindset it tries to appeal to. This is a story that knows very clearly that it’s a work of fiction. Much of the humour comes from very typical anime gags (“Big boobs!” “She sucks at cooking!” “Oh, no, that gay guy is coming onto me!”) inserted at very atmosphere-breaking intervals. It’s jarring in a way that feels like sloppy, amateur storytelling but all of this is probably completely intended. Not that it stops it from being annoying, mind you.

The real head trick comes at the gory moments. Instead of having its characters indulge in lectures about basic morality, they just go ahead and kill the bad guy without any hesitation. I suppose if you’ve ever watched a movie and thought, “Man, why don’t they just kill that idiot already?” Akame ga Kill! is the sort of story that appeals to that sense of frustration."
Basically that.
Can't wait for Esdeath!!

Aug 10, 2014 11:33 AM
Aug 2012
T3hSource said:
Keetriver said:
OK, then how about strong characterization? A basic thing for every character from the main cast. Caesar in JoJo: Battle Tendency had a lot more impactful death.

I'm not saying we should erect a f*cking shrine to honor her death. I'm saying that simply liking a character and acknowledging a character is a written masterpiece are different things. People can just simply like a character for their personality and behavior, wanting them to appear more and deeper exploration of their character. When that gets taken away, I say it qualifies as depressing.
Jan 2014
T3hSource said:

You simply don't get the point, like most people.
Schere's death was not meant to be something for us to feel that much. That's why her character wasn't developed as much, as you'd like.

I'm glad you brought up Tatsuya, instead of Tatsumi, that is going to prove my point even further. The whole point of her death was simply to show us that our main cast is not invulnerable, like Godsuya and other OP main characters. I hope you heard what Najenda said in the end. - "It takes a Teigu to beat a Teigu."
That's what Takahiro was trying to say. As long as any future opponents use a Teigu, our main cast is not guaranteed to make it out. That just adds extra excitement to future fights, which I did experience. It's not my fault that your, and many other people's interpertations are flawed.

Jul 2010
Tokoya said:
Kaoknight said:

I know, I know. I also read the manga and know it should be getting better soon.
Aug 10, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2014
ChirthorpeTwo said:
Mikatarukito said:

Well GG anime viewers.

My apologies, I only just started posting on the forum. I've since edited in the spoiler tag, didn't realise I could actually put it in. ^_^ Sorry about that.

Nah it's good. Just trying to maintain the forums (Even though I have no rights) as last weeks discussion was shambles. I'm still surprised that people are surprised that Sheele was gunna die. The amount of spoilers in the last discussion scares me.
"Hi!"
Aug 10, 2014 11:34 AM
Mar 2014
Poor Sheele.

R.I.P.
Pages (19) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

332 by ImNotAdrian »»
Oct 18, 1:32 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

54 by dannymilk »»
Oct 17, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1217 by kyota521306 »»
Oct 14, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by menacce »»
Oct 6, 9:12 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

581 by menacce »»
Oct 5, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.