Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2014 4:30 AM

Jan 2011
Noob Sinon y u no press undress?! Banned!
Desu Gun showed up again, wow~
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 4, 2014 5:10 AM

Nov 2012
Next episode:
Kirito: Who are you?
Darth Vader Death Gun: I am your father.

Overall good episode. The ending was awesome. I wonder who Death Gun is.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Aug 4, 2014 6:54 AM
Jan 2014
uh, this is why you dont use the same name like in every game especially if you were known. why did he register as kirito if hes suppose to be undercover, gg. mistake on his part. and him acting so different with sion was a bit awkward.
Aug 4, 2014 7:12 AM
Oct 2010
k2kambo said:
why did he register as kirito if hes suppose to be undercover, gg. mistake on his part.
Undercover means serving secretly as an agent, hiding his name is not necessary (as he is not an active police officer or similar)

Not hiding a real name (or known alias in this case) makes a cover stronger. It is dangerous since he would be an easier target if the cover is blown, but we can't have the hero play it too safely can we? XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 4, 2014 7:46 AM

Jul 2007
Ajunky said:
k2kambo said:
why did he register as kirito if hes suppose to be undercover, gg. mistake on his part.
Undercover means serving secretly as an agent, hiding his name is not necessary (as he is not an active police officer or similar)

Not hiding a real name (or known alias in this case) makes a cover stronger. It is dangerous since he would be an easier target if the cover is blown, but we can't have the hero play it too safely can we? XD

Except that the whole point of him entering there IS because he's kirito.

that was already stated in the first episode.

Getting his name out IS the point.

Death Gun targets famous players and Kirito is as famous as you can get.
Aug 4, 2014 8:04 AM
Oct 2010
Fai said:
Except that the whole point of him entering there IS because he's kirito.

that was already stated in the first episode.

Getting his name out IS the point.

Death Gun targets famous players and Kirito is as famous as you can get.
"Except" you're using except wrong. What you said doesn't exclude what I said.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
Good to see Death Gun finding Kirito instead, that made things easier for him now :D
Aug 4, 2014 9:00 AM

Jun 2014
I don't know if I saw it correctly, but are Death Gun's stats maxed out? Pretty crazy.

I'll probably continue to admit how I'm sort of liking certain points in this show as it progresses so... I quite like the little details we got about who Death Gun is. The plot thickens! But of course cliffhanger.
Aug 4, 2014 9:07 AM

Sep 2010
Female logic in this anime never fails to amaze me... :P
Aug 4, 2014 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was a fun episode. :3
Now Shino knows that Kirito is a boy...LOL! That reaction slap~! x3

Anyways....the first round for Kirito was easy-peezy. :P Hopefully it'll be the same the next few rounds. x3 And....I would really love to see Kirito and Shino fight: That would be intense! XD

Umm....Death Gun..... WHOA!! THAT SYMBOL!
The laughing....Coffin....Assassination group back in SAO.....yeah....I think, I forgot. :P But, that's a surprise, seeing that symbol again. D:
Aug 4, 2014 12:57 PM
Oct 2009
hyperknees91 said:
Author, need I remind you, they are in a friggin video game. Why would you even have a changing scene and why would they care.

I really think the author has reality confused with video games far too often.

I play a lot of mmorpg, and to equip the armor you have to deselect current armor, giving it a view of underwear cloth, so no i don't think the author confuse, it just show that he play too much mmorpg to emulate the game logic.
Aug 4, 2014 1:13 PM

Feb 2008
I loved how Kirito abused his feminine side and teased Sinon and her companion. Kind of scary at the same time, though.
Aug 4, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2013
Was I supposed to laugh at that changing scene? Mad awkward lol.
And that guy must've been masochistic, taking all that damage for 10 seconds without doing shit lol.
Aug 4, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
Sweet mother of god, that was Majestic!
Now I should re-watch this episode everyday till next one airs...
TapuTapuuAug 4, 2014 2:37 PM
Aug 4, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
Excellent episode, I'm honestly surprised by A-1 as they're doing a great job in both pacing and animation.

Anyway, I was wondering how Kirito detected that guy's position when he was sneaking around. I imagine it was a skill, but how and when did he get that?
Also, could the stuff related to the Laughing Coffin skipped in the first season be put in this season?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 4, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
*Slap* Shino is a noob.
Aug 4, 2014 4:10 PM

May 2014
Sticking to the Light Novels rather closely, only missing out small details tbh. Doing amazing so far!
Aug 4, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Bluey said:
What's not valid about his criticism?

Because while all criticism is opinion, not all opinion is criticism. Criticism is a higher form of opinion, the core difference is that it explains "why" an opinion is valid. Criticism should be able to spark a debate, opinion does not because since it is personal it has no way of being debated.

To use a metaphor, criticism is like a scientific theory: it can be falsified, the validity of the criticism is how well it can stand up against attempts to disprove it, and the longer it stands up the closer to truth it becomes (though like science, criticism is never "true").; opinion is like faith, it can never be refuted, but that doesn't make it true or gives it any value.

"That writer sucks" is not a criticism, it is an opinion. Explaining "Why" a writer is not very good would be a form of criticism. "There is too much fanservice" likewise is not criticism, it is an opinion. Explaining "how" this show has more fanservice than others would be a form of criticism. For example, ALO had too much fanservice because many scenes were incidental to the story and often they cut important information just so they could have more fanservice. That would be a criticism.

Bluey said:
I've read the SAO part of his books, he is a pretty awful writer tbh, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's read a few dozen quality books to think he isn't...

That likewise is not a criticism because what does "quality" mean. If you are trying to compare the writer to Tolstoy of course he is horrific, but that is a stupid comparison because 99.999999999999% of all the writers in the world would come off poorly next to Tolstoy. Besides the writer is aiming for the teenage market, so the only real valid critiicsm would be to compare him with other such writers. For instance is he better or worse than the writer Twilight, if so then why. That is criticism.

I don´t know...
For me he is a good writer since I enjoy his books
PD:
For this statement: "you'd be hard pressed to find someone who's read a few dozen quality books to think he isn't... "
I´ve read everything Jules Verne has written, I acted Romeo and Juliet, I´ve read Othelllo, the broken woman of Simone de Beauvoir, a compilation of russian short stories, The Three Musketeers, some greek myths, medieval spanish poetry, greek comedy and every short stories written by Edgar Allan Poe, currently reading H.P Lovecraft, Stephen King, Tolkien and Richard Matheson.
Yet I think he isn´t bad (I´ve read worse writters, some of them really boring, with characters so "realistic" that become unenjoyable and if they intended to make you feel fond of the character failed, well actually one, but Simone de Beauvoir was a feminist, not a writer so it is forgiveable)
Yes, he´s got plot holes and stuff but heck he is an amateur and I like the VR/RL concept in the series and I find filling the plot holes with stuff showed in the books entertaining.

Leaving that aside...
I give 5 stars to this episode since I enjoyed it

aandd
This is kind of an off topic with a huge blunt...
Somehow could Reki be kind of a futurist?
Or to be at the level of the master Jules Verne if his works somehow became useful for understanding VR?
Aug 4, 2014 8:28 PM
Aug 2013
As of episode 5, the anime covers 90% of the first volume of Phantom Bullet. I would say GGO will take at most 16 episodes. There's no way they can stretch the second volume in 21 episodes, it would be way too boring.
Aug 4, 2014 8:31 PM

Oct 2013
Bloc97 said:
As of episode 5, the anime covers 90% of the first volume of Phantom Bullet. I would say GGO will take at most 16 episodes. There's no way they can stretch the second volume in 21 episodes, it would be way too boring.

Even 10 episodes for the second volume of GGO would feel dragged out.
Aug 4, 2014 8:37 PM
Aug 2013
I would say it might be possible they take 10 more episodes considering a lot happens during the second novel compared to the first.
It would also feel a little bit rushed to finish the entire arc in 7 more episodes.
Aug 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2014
Wow
This has kept rather calmed taking in account we´re in a SAO thread
I did expect a lot of flaming, discussions and some funny images
Aug 4, 2014 9:14 PM

Feb 2014
Rolanddeschain said:
Wow

Cuz the episode is too good and haters can't do nothing :)
Aug 4, 2014 9:42 PM

Jul 2014
SayonaraSelena said:
Rolanddeschain said:
Wow

It is kind of a shame since I came here for funny images and maybe even some good MLG videos
Aug 4, 2014 10:28 PM
May 2014
SayonaraSelena said:
Rolanddeschain said:
Wow

Its because either ppl actually started to like it, or the haters decided to not watch it, or they've realized its a waste of time to do so, or because its just plain boring.

Btw your comment made me laugh.
Aug 4, 2014 10:34 PM

Aug 2014
Liked the episode, but really, the moment Sinon realizes Kirito is a dude, she activates tsundere-mode..?*Sigh*, i kinda hope he beats her at her own game now.

Liking the pacing overall, as well as the cliff-hanger, though it'd be funny if Kirito just figures it out the next episode and the Death Gun mystery is over.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 4, 2014 10:41 PM

Jul 2014
Tirno said:
SayonaraSelena said:

Its because either ppl actually started to like it, or the haters decided to not watch it, or they've realized its a waste of time to do so, or because its just plain boring.

Btw your comment made me laugh.

Tell me you´re intending to start a flame war come on!!!!
I want one with all the funny images it implies!
Aug 4, 2014 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Bloc97 said:
I would say it might be possible they take 10 more episodes considering a lot happens during the second novel compared to the first.
It would also feel a little bit rushed to finish the entire arc in 7 more episodes.

Yeah, no 16 is way too long. ~14-13 total at BEST.

Aug 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Jan 2014
Shih said:
After watching this episode, I would actually think that they can drag the entire GGO arc into 24 episodes. o_o

Kirito feat. his inner feminine self.
This was really good enough for a LOL :D

The episode was fascinating! :D Loved it ˘-˘
Aug 5, 2014 12:15 AM

Jan 2013
Some how I knew they wouldn't forget about the Laughing Coffin. This is actually pretty awesome, because now... The killing games won't stop. There must be other members in this guild besides Death Gun, which means they may be playing other games... Lol please note that I don't read the novel and if I'm terribly wrong about something, I'm sorry. x)
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.
Aug 5, 2014 4:08 AM

Mar 2012
Scrub player who got rekt must never heard of sidestepping.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Aug 5, 2014 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Nice episode I guess. The animation was top-notch. 4/5
Aug 5, 2014 5:51 AM

Jun 2010
Enjoyable episode.

I now ship Sinon X Kirito.

Who needs Asuna anyways? XD

Aug 5, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2013
Awesome! Finally got to see some awesome action! Loved this episode.

That priceless reaction from Shinon w.r.t. Kirito showing his gender. Reminds me a lot of the time Asuna mistook Kirito's intentions in her mansion.

The fighting scene was a nice entry to show what is to come, and the special effects of the ULTRASTAB was awesome! Loved seeing all that happen.

Also, Death Gun questioning Kirito right off the Bat and "flashing" his Laughing Coffin Assassin Guild insignia for Aincrad... Just adds to the tension.

All in all, I am satisfied and can't wait for episode 6.

Ja neh!
Aug 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Kirito finally showing his bad-assness again from the first season. I'm loving the Jedi lightsaber action but can someone please tell me the mechanics with the plasma sword? I thought it couldn't deflect physical bullets (at least the plasma shields couldn't)?

Sinon changing into her undergarments in front of Kirito, and Kirito pleading the fifth was hilarious as hell! Sinon actually slapped him hard enough to leave a mark similar to a bullet injury. The guy friend of her's though, is plenty suspicious of them. He's probably trying to hit on Sinon though.

The fight was alright, nothing out of the ordinary aside from melting physical bullets . He's still learning the ropes of the game though.

Then the post-battle confrontation with Death Gun and his Laughing Coffin insignia. Makes you wonder though. Even Kirito got an entirely new avatar, so how is it that Mr. DeathGun retains his tatoo in GGO?

I wanna see what Kirito's response is! I wanna see it nao!!!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 5, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2014
Holy crap, this time SAO got a lot of 5/5s in the score and now it seems nobody is feeling in the mood to argue and stuff
SAO
Wut r u doin
SAO
Staph
Aug 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Then the post-battle confrontation with Death Gun and his Laughing Coffin insignia. Makes you wonder though. Even Kirito got an entirely new avatar, so how is it that Mr. DeathGun retains his tatoo in GGO?
I said this before but it's probably just a decoration item, mmo games are full of these things (items to change hair style, hair color, face, and hell even skin color sometimes). With this being a VRMMO I guess it would be possible to custom make deco/cosmetic items (in this case a specific tatoo) to your liking.

I.e this Death Gun dude made it himself after joining GGO, it's not the same one as SAO.

Rolanddeschain said:
Holy crap, this time SAO got a lot of 5/5s in the score and now it seems nobody is feeling in the mood to argue and stuff
SAO
Wut r u doin
SAO
Staph
The episode wasn't "slow" and didn't "suck" because it had action. Also there is nothing to argue about except maybe Kirito detecting the enemy and his insane reflexes (this one was discussed to death last episode though).
Aug 5, 2014 3:08 PM

May 2014
Botato said:
Also there is nothing to argue about except maybe Kirito detecting the enemy and his insane reflexes (this one was discussed to death last episode though).
Dem h4x 1337 sk1llz mang! Kirito jedi masta of da force!
Aug 5, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
Botato said:
Also there is nothing to argue about except maybe Kirito detecting the enemy and his insane reflexes (this one was discussed to death last episode though).
Yeah, pretty much.
Aug 5, 2014 3:25 PM

Oct 2008
Botato said:
T3hSource said:
Yeah, pretty much.

If you think that's h4x, wait till you see what he pretty much invents in Mother's Rosario.

Aug 5, 2014 3:26 PM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
T3hSource said:
Yeah, pretty much.

Tell me it is going back to the old SAO storms that plagued tha old dayz
Aug 5, 2014 3:49 PM

Nov 2013
Rolanddeschain said:
Botato said:
Yeah, pretty much.

Tell me it is going back to the old SAO storms that plagued tha old dayz
For that go check out episodes 2-4 discussion threads.

Arkane said:
Botato said:
Yeah, pretty much.

If you think that's h4x, wait till you see what he pretty much invents in Mother's Rosario.

Can't wait.
Aug 5, 2014 3:53 PM

Jul 2010
Now I really wonder who this Death Gun guy really is. Kuradeel just seems to easy, but it might be someone of the same guild.

Aug 5, 2014 4:05 PM
Feb 2014
Arkane said:
Botato said:
Yeah, pretty much.

Hey, if we get Caliber before MR, don't forget about
;-)
Aug 5, 2014 4:19 PM

Oct 2008
Caleb8980 said:
Arkane said:

Hey, if we get Caliber before MR, don't forget about
;-)

More ammo for the haters.
Aug 5, 2014 5:32 PM

Apr 2012
Nice to finally see things are starting to happen. It took long enough. Confused for the need for a changing room when you don't even take your clothes off they just materialize off.
Aug 5, 2014 5:34 PM

Oct 2008
DrRobotnik said:
Nice to finally see things are starting to happen. It took long enough. Confused for the need for a changing room when you don't even take your clothes off they just materialize off.

You want people to see your half-naked avatar body?
Aug 5, 2014 5:48 PM

Jul 2014
Arkane said:
DrRobotnik said:

You want people to see your half-naked avatar body?

Hmmm
That´s a really though question...
Back in my WoW days I used to pick sexy clothing and be a lesbian whore night elf...
Would I do the same if I actually felt and did everything my character did in first person with direct broadcast to my brain?
Aug 5, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2014
Onyxthegreat said:
Now I really wonder who this Death Gun guy really is. Kuradeel just seems to easy, but it might be someone of the same guild.

It´s Darth Vader
Aug 5, 2014 10:21 PM

Dec 2013
Ok, facts about Episode 5:

> Sinon is shit-tier
> Kirito is literally a Jedi
> Death Gun is Darth Vader

I really liked this episode, though. And loved dat music when Kirito activates Jedi Mode <3 Need dat OST ASAP.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.