Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2014 3:28 PM

Nov 2013
cabacc2 said:
Botato said:
I would love to see that but sadly he has to use a handgun to help him get close enough to even use the spanking beam saber ;_;
But with 2 swords he could block the shots out like a pro.

Remember: Kirito is overpowered.
Best defense is a good offense imo. Shooting with a gun to distract > having an extra beam saber to block with, even if it's a million times cooler.
Jul 26, 2014 3:28 PM
Jan 2014
Arkane said:
cabacc2 said:
But with 2 swords he could block the shots out like a pro.

Remember: Kirito is overpowered.

I don't think GGO allows you to pack a photon saber for a subweapon.
damnit. Woud've been too awesome, right?

Did they say that somewhere in the Novel?
Jul 26, 2014 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
Rothion said:
LastChapter said:
This was what I was waiting for, a myriad of Trapito fanart!
Thanks for the pictures hehe

Lol at first pic with the Ore no Imouto quote.
Jul 26, 2014 3:30 PM
Mar 2012
cabacc2 said:
Arkane said:

I don't think GGO allows you to pack a photon saber for a subweapon.
damnit. Woud've been too awesome, right?

Did they say that somewhere in the Novel?
If I remember correctly, you can only have one subweapon equipped.
Jul 26, 2014 3:30 PM

Mar 2013
The wall of guns had a Jericho 941, I wonder if that's a shout-out to a certain poofy-haired gunman.

Although they fucked up and flipped the "M" in "IMI" into a "W"
Jul 26, 2014 3:31 PM

Feb 2014
It's mace kirito
Jul 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Paied was worse.
Jul 26, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2010
Botato said:
LastChapter said:
Ok I am disturbed...

Jul 26, 2014 3:33 PM

Oct 2008
Botato said:
fst said:
Paied was worse.

Maybe Paied is the fictional currency in GGO?

...Or it's just a terrible misspelling.
Jul 26, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
antonn said:
Botato said:
Ok I am disturbed...

Nevermind, Trapito is adorable. I want a pet Trapito.
Jul 26, 2014 3:37 PM
Mar 2012
Arkane said:
Botato said:
Paied was worse.

Seeing that it happened thrice, I don't know if it's intentional or a mistake

And what does the G stand for?
Jul 26, 2014 3:39 PM
Jan 2008
Kiriko..nuff said :D
Jul 26, 2014 3:39 PM

Oct 2008
LastChapter said:
Arkane said:

I dunno, Good? A sign of approval?
Jul 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2014
So cool, it seems like this show is finally starting to move ^.^
Jul 26, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2010
Arkane said:
LastChapter said:

I'd assume Gold, or w/e the currency is actually called.

Jul 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2008
antonn said:
Arkane said:

I'd assume Gold, or w/e the currency is actually called.

Mm, yeah. Paied is definitely a mistake. Or maybe it means Pay in some other language.
Jul 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was pretty good and solid, I enjoy it a lot. A lot of people are saying the pacing is slow, but I think the pacing is pretty good, they're introducing us to the new character and the new world in GGO, and I'm liking it so far. 5/5
Jul 26, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
I don't understand why Kirito had to pretend to be a girl. And why nobody expected him to be a guy. Isn't it common in games like that for guys to pick female avatars? and it wasn't even a fully female avatar, just a trap.

And apparently playing racing games will make it possible for you to control a vehicle in a completely different game.
Jul 26, 2014 3:47 PM
Mar 2012
Currency of GGO is called credits. Don't know why it has a G for currency.

moonofchaos said:
Isn't it common in games like that for guys to pick female avatars? and it wasn't even a fully female avatar, just a trap.
VR doesn't allow you to choose your gender
Jul 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2010
LastChapter said:
moonofchaos said:
Isn't it common in games like that for guys to pick female avatars? and it wasn't even a fully female avatar, just a trap.

Technically SAO did pre-shitstorm. I remember the whole female avatar turning into a guy joke.
Jul 26, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
LastChapter said:
Currency of GGO is called credits. Don't know why it has a G for currency.

moonofchaos said:

That, and if Sinon knew he was a guy, she might not have offered him help.
Jul 26, 2014 3:56 PM
Feb 2014
LastChapter said:

Oh lol XD But well they look nice, I guess :-D
Jul 26, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2014
Botato said:
antonn said:

Nevermind, Trapito is adorable. I want a pet Trapito.
Trapito>Sinon
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Jul 26, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2014
antonn said:
Botato said:
Ok I am disturbed...

I looked at the gif for 10 minutes, it was fun.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Jul 26, 2014 4:08 PM
May 2014
4/5 SAO II has been solid and entertaining so far! Let's hope it keeps up like this.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 26, 2014 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
wow surprisingly good episode. Probably the best episode yet. Good explanation of game mechanics without being convoluted. Plus Kirito also acting like a trap. AWESOME.

Jul 26, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2013
One of the peeks of this series.
I wonder what Shinon'll do when she finds out that Kirito's a guy :D
Jul 26, 2014 4:19 PM
Jul 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Another perfectly decent show, a little action at the arcade to show off why Kirito can operate in the game and to break up the necessary data dump that this episode required. Clears the way to focus on action the next way.

And we already know what the haters are going to say about the arcade, so lets clear it up now to spare all of us from having to read 150 posts saying the same thing:

Kirito could beat the game because it was a game based on SAO (through the world seed). He also has the help of watching a very good player lose before him, giving him an idea of how the game operated. Having spent every day of 2 years risking his life against such "games", it isn't surprising that he has a far better grasp of them then players who have only been playing six months (not to mention haven't had to risk their lives to play it).

Overall series is holding at a steady 8, nothing that is great, but nothing that detracts. Just nice entertainment.

All of this just seems like lazy storytelling to me. They just skip past plot-holes telling you to ignore them so that they can make more room for Kirito to kick ass no matter how much fucking logic he throws into the wind. From only watching the anime thus far, I can only see the plot quickly bullshitting it's way to a stupid nonsensical ending so that fans can wank to Kirito some more. Sorry for all the hate but this episode really annoyed me.
Jul 26, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2014
Anon1409 said:
One of the peeks of this series.
I wonder what Shinon'll do when she finds out that Kirito's a guy :D
Presumably fuck him senselessly like every other disposable female character in the anime.
Jul 26, 2014 4:20 PM

Apr 2011
So far so good, just waiting for it to go downhill...
Jul 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Nov 2013
Rothion said:
Trapito>Sinon

moonofchaos said:
I don't understand why Kirito had to pretend to be a girl. And why nobody expected him to be a guy. Isn't it common in games like that for guys to pick female avatars? and it wasn't even a fully female avatar, just a trap.

And apparently playing racing games will make it possible for you to control a vehicle in a completely different game.
The avatar is not a female avatar.
VR games don't allow you to pick gender (besides the first day in SAO and SAO's beta testing).
If it's a VR racing game, I don't see why not.
Jul 26, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
RejectedTaco said:
So cool, it seems like this show is finally starting to move ^.^

That's kind of like saying that this long dead frog is beginning to twitch after pouring salt on it. It's still dead and the movement is only temporary...
Jul 26, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2013
Barrian14 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Another perfectly decent show, a little action at the arcade to show off why Kirito can operate in the game and to break up the necessary data dump that this episode required. Clears the way to focus on action the next way.

And we already know what the haters are going to say about the arcade, so lets clear it up now to spare all of us from having to read 150 posts saying the same thing:

Kirito could beat the game because it was a game based on SAO (through the world seed). He also has the help of watching a very good player lose before him, giving him an idea of how the game operated. Having spent every day of 2 years risking his life against such "games", it isn't surprising that he has a far better grasp of them then players who have only been playing six months (not to mention haven't had to risk their lives to play it).

Overall series is holding at a steady 8, nothing that is great, but nothing that detracts. Just nice entertainment.

All of this just seems like lazy storytelling to me. They just skip past plot-holes telling you to ignore them so that they can make more room for Kirito to kick ass no matter how much fucking logic he throws into the wind. From only watching the anime thus far, I can only see the plot quickly bullshitting it's way to a stupid nonsensical ending so that fans can wank to Kirito some more. Sorry for all the hate but this episode really annoyed me.
Except that wasn't a plothole. And you're just being a typical lazy hater ignoring actual explanations that make sense to hate on the show instead of making good and thoughtful criticisms.
Jul 26, 2014 4:29 PM
Mar 2014
K im done, im not even gonna bother continuing this shit pile. I'm fine with Kirito's new getup but when he tries to play the part by tricking Sinon for no real reason, other then the idea that she'd think he was hitting on her is just plain stupid. Then he becomes his Gary Stu self and becomes the first one to beat an "impossible" game while everyone one gapes at the awesome almighty Kirito. And I can already tell Sinon is going to end up falling in love with him somehow. Seriously im so fucking done with this
Jul 26, 2014 4:30 PM

Apr 2010
ynat1 said:
K im done, im not even gonna bother continuing this shit pile. I'm fine with Kirito's new getup but when he tries to play the part by tricking Sinon for no real reason, other then the idea that she'd think he was hitting on her is just plain stupid. Then he becomes his Gary Stu self and becomes the first one to beat an "impossible" game while everyone one gapes at the awesome almighty Kirito. And I can already tell Sinon is going to end up falling in love with him somehow. Seriously im so fucking done with this

See you again next week.
Jul 26, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2014
Botato said:
Barrian14 said:

Except that wasn't a plothole. And you're just being a typical lazy hater ignoring actual explanations that make sense to hate on the show instead of making good and thoughtful criticisms.

They are tiptoeing around the plot-holes and filling them with custard. Technically speaking they are filled but only so that the fans can continue their blind videogame power fantasy. The explanations are there but are rather flimsy. Normally flimsy plothole filling wouldn't annoy me so much but the sheer quantity is immense. Not to mention how well regarded the series is and how large the fanbase is.
Mar 2012
Everyone sure loves to throw the words "Gary Stu" around thoughtlessly. It's almost as if that scene where he epically failed using a gun never existed.

Jun 2010
Barrian14 said:
Christ I hated this episode. Everybody else seems to love it though. I'm going to save my ranting for YouTube!!!!!

Cool! Exactly where garbage [b]should[/b] be posted :)
Jul 26, 2014 4:32 PM
Mar 2012
Barrian14 said:
Botato said:

They are tiptoeing around the plot-holes and filling them with custard. Technically speaking they are filled but only so that the fans can continue their blind videogame power fantasy. The explanations are there but are rather flimsy. Normally flimsy plothole filling wouldn't annoy me so much but the sheer quantity is immense. Not to mention how well regarded the series is and how large the fanbase is.
I'd love to hear what those plot holes specifically were.
Jul 26, 2014 4:33 PM
Jul 2014
ynat1 said:

This series is turning out to be even worse than the original.
Jul 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2013
ynat1 said:
Takuan_Soho said:

We'll probably see you again next week anyway.
Jul 26, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2010
Botato said:

We'll probably see you again next week anyway.

This week I'll drop Guilty Crown, I swear.
Jul 26, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Is there a real explanation for Kirito dodging the bullets though?

Frankly, a sword can only move as fast as a human can and Kirito was definitely cut several times. In SAO and ALO, I believe the only other weapon we've seen is an bow and arrow, which Kirito also got hit by, albeit it was a humongous volley

Bullets, on the other hand, travel about 8.5 times faster than an arrow can (assuming they work like in RL), and I find dismissing this as just "he trained longer" is bullshit.
Yes there is, in this episode it was shown. Kirito can tell where the NPC is going to shoot by looking at its eyes.
Jul 26, 2014 4:45 PM
Mar 2012
Forgetfulness said:
Botato said:

Frankly, a sword can only move as fast as a human can and Kirito was definitely cut several times. In SAO and ALO, I believe the only other weapon we've seen is an bow and arrow, which Kirito also got hit by, albeit it was a humongous volley

Bullets, on the other hand, travel about 8.5 times faster than an arrow can (assuming they work like in RL), and I find dismissing this as just "he trained longer" is bullshit.
Those red laser lines are what the game calls bullet lines which allows a player to somewhat be able to predict where the bullet will land. However, you need high AGI to be able to dodge them. Kirito, however, is experienced enough to use a different method and instead of wasting time searching for a bullet line, he looks at the eyes of the shooter and sees where he will shoot next using the prediction line.
Jul 26, 2014 4:45 PM
Feb 2014
Forgetfulness said:
Botato said:

Bullet line is reason 1 and because of his "training" his stats are high enough to pull off running evasions ;-)

Second reason will be 100% mentioned in Kawahara's commentary but even in SAO (and obviously ALO, too ;-)) there were enemies who used ranged attacks, e. g. worms that spit acid and whatnot. Point was that all of those enemies fixated the exact point where they will "shoot" at with their eyes, so he just assumed that, as GGO is SEED-based the AI in this game would do the same, so he just jumped out of the view of the "cowboy" in the end.
Jul 26, 2014 4:48 PM

Dec 2013
While the previous one was utter shit, this one was easily the best episode so far. Now I have high hopes.
So Kirito sticks to swords? That's good.
I wonder when will Sinon find out about Kirito's sex lol.
Jul 26, 2014 4:49 PM
Jul 2014
LastChapter said:
Barrian14 said:

I'd love to hear what those plot holes specifically were.

Explain why they are still developing games based on the Sao seed? Sao killed a large number of people, why would they develop games based on the seed the KILLED PEOPLE? Why didn't the games industry do the normal procedure of restarting development from scratch when the previous attempt resulted in massacre? Why is Kirito a girl? How the fuck do stats from swordplay games have a perfectly even conversion rate when going into fps? Why are there both modern guns and fantasy weapon in the same game? What game dev approved a game where you can move stats between games (because he must have been a fucking moron letting people get head starts over other players without ever playing the game at all)? There are plenty of obvious plot-holes after you drive through the custard.
Jul 26, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Botato said:

In SAO and ALO though, Kirito knew he could take hits before he lost complete. When you have resources, even if that resource is health, you use it to the best of your ability to help you overcome an obstacle. In this Kirito knew he couldn't take a hit, there was no room for error. People can do some pretty amazing stuff when they are on the edge and using all of the adrenaline because it's either do it or fail completely.

If he had did it when he was just trying out the game and there wasn't anything on the line, it's entirely possible he would have failed since he would have just been messing around, but when he puts his mind to something he does it.
Pages (20) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.