Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 9, 2009 10:16 AM

Oct 2007
interesting enough, i'll watch a few more to make a decision
Apr 9, 2009 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
To free an ancient evil to dominate the world? What stupid idea!!!
But it was not so bad how much I was waiting!
Apr 9, 2009 3:57 PM

Sep 2007
wow...
It is really good
the GODLY looking graphics reminded me of when I started to watching Tale of the Abyss which I liked... A LOT
Hopefully
this show will not let me down
JOIN ZERO REQUIEM

Apr 9, 2009 5:22 PM

Jan 2008
Show is meh atm. It's obvious the so called demon guy won't harm the girl.
Apr 9, 2009 6:19 PM

Oct 2008
aero said:

Very few shows feature obvious main characters dying and almost every time you can tell if the show is the type that will do it by its general atmosphere (darker). Also rare to have an obvious main character die off right at the start when the audience isn't attached to them yet, unless it was to make the brother have a reason to fight but then we know the priestess more than him so that wouldn't make too much sense.

Not to mention if the demon guy kills her, then what? well, if he kills her, obviously his next step will be killing her brother too and then (assuming he didnt just go back to sleep) he would either work with the imperials to destroy the world or he would kill them before destroying the world himself. Doesn't really lead to much of a story.
Apr 10, 2009 12:51 AM

Sep 2008
Not a bad start, gonna keep an eye on this anime.
"It's because you exist.. That I'm here right now.."
Apr 10, 2009 2:29 AM

Nov 2006
I liked it. I really liked Utawarerumono though, so I was expecting to.

Arthur is a pretty heroic guy; too bad he's not more interesting looking.
Apr 10, 2009 3:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I didn't really get any Utawarerumono vibes from this, I liked Utawarerumono much better after the first episode than this. Suara is great but the music was better in Utawarerumono too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 10, 2009 11:36 AM

Oct 2008
The production quality was excellent and the character design wasn't bad, but I just didn't really get into the plot. I might be dropping this.
Apr 10, 2009 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
so far so good but weird plotline 7/10

♥ MakaAlbarn is my wife, and I really love her ♥
Apr 10, 2009 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
Insomnia subs, good. Checked it.
How do make rewatch of episode when anime not completed?
Apr 10, 2009 10:05 PM

Jun 2007
The OP shows Arthur and the "evil" guy fighting side by side and back to back so I have a feeling the girl wont be killed and the "evil" guy wont be entirely evil.
Apr 11, 2009 4:58 AM

Jul 2008
Depending on how this series would develop, it can be good. But so far, story wise, isn't very interesting though.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 11, 2009 5:20 AM

Dec 2008
DeathfireD said:
The OP shows Arthur and the "evil" guy fighting side by side and back to back so I have a feeling the girl wont be killed and the "evil" guy wont be entirely evil.
Yea I actually love that part of the opening with the apple, I thought it was cute XD
Apr 11, 2009 6:02 AM
Dec 2007
First remark, and as expected, the animation, art and even direction are very good in this first episode, so are both OP/ED (extremely good even). Second remark, the introduction is well done and the overall atmosphere of the series is set correctly. Then, we can also say that Leaf/AQUAPLUS games are easy to adapt and/or usually well-adapted into animes, as we've seen with the excellent Utawarerumono.

A lot of things happen too and the script is developping right and good, so that's really a great introductory episode. Oh, and it seems like the main protagonist will be the resurrected demon (sounds more like a main villain eh?), which is a good thing. Nice work there, I had some expectations on this show but it definitely met and even surpassed them. Easily one of the best two fantasy series of this spring along with Guin Saga.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 11, 2009 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
I noticed that there were too many game adaptations this season. Anyway, I haven't grasp any fantasy titles yet this season.

The first episode isn't that great. Probably, it needs more than one episode to get a better picture of the plot.

Anyway, I already selected 10 titles already. This will be my last selection for the season.

Apr 11, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Well, the script is good, so that's something. I just wasn't particularly engaged by the energy or the characters. But it definitely feels like it could be good.
Apr 12, 2009 6:48 AM

Apr 2009
kie_ said:
The first episode didn't tell much about the story/plot. Anyway, so far it seems interesting.

So true.
Apr 12, 2009 11:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
lFenl said:
Is it not weekly or something? because i'm not even finding raws for episode 2 yet and it's been over a week since episode one came out.
Apparently, the next episode airs tomorrow (13th).

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 12, 2009 5:03 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, I'm surprised at how good the animation, art and even sound are. But those aren't enough to make a great show, and I found this first episode pretty boring.
Apr 12, 2009 5:33 PM

Oct 2007
Well it's cliche to all hell. However production values are good. So this has a good chance of ending up on dropped list but I'll watch a couple of more.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 12, 2009 8:16 PM

Aug 2008
Falatorx said:
aero said:
Not to mention if the demon guy kills her, then what?
Doesn't really lead to much of a story.
QFT
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Apr 12, 2009 10:01 PM

Dec 2007
Well, the episode is not bad, I guess, it hardly grabs my attention, however. The animation and plot are good, and I am not sure about the story, though, but I will watch it, anyway.
gameoffreak8Apr 12, 2009 10:15 PM
Apr 13, 2009 7:45 AM

Dec 2007
I really didn't like this, too cliche and nothing caught my attention at all. Demon King being a good guy? meh.
Apr 13, 2009 1:13 PM

Oct 2007
xanusuri said:
canis said:
Blow said:
Also, i could notice some similarity with Utawarerumono (another work from the same producers), which was wonderful to me. I love the artwork and the background music in them.

Oh, that is why it got an Utawarerumono-feeling from this!. XD

I liked the 1st episode very much. The priest girl looks likeable. That is something special for me to say cause I hate 90% of all anime girls, cause they are so fake. (though seeing how she clings to the demon king in the opening makes me fear I might start hating her soon enough :P)
I didn't know anything about the plot when watching this, so I was surprised that the evil demon king is the handsome guy from the opening. ^^

Wow, that's funny. Maybe it's because anime girls aren't real in the first place?

I think that goes without saying... lol. I think what he/she meant was their personalities are fake. As in if the settings were to apply to real life, or similar situations, those replies and actions would never happen due to being "strange" or "weird" which could lead to either awkard moments or perhaps "gags" and be taken as a joke [according to his/her thoughts].
Apr 15, 2009 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
As I see people boasting the similarities of this anime with Utawarerumono, I can only hope that this series doesn't get really shitty as the series progresses like Utawarerumono did. I can remember watching the beginning of Utawarerumono and going "man, this anime looks pretty awesome," but as you get to the midway point you are sitting there going "dude, its like the same shit is happening over and over." Also not to forget, Utawarerumono had some of the worst recycling of fight scenes I have ever seen.

But like I said, one can only hope.
Apr 16, 2009 10:48 AM

May 2007
I really don't know how the hell they can fit all the story into 26 episodes if they're going at this pace. Anyway, I like the new design of Arthur. Actually, everybody's upgraded designs were good. The BGM was good, the animation was nice. It didn't leave a "OMG awsum!" kind of impression on me, but hopefully it'll get better when the actual plot starts to surface.
Apr 16, 2009 5:15 PM
May 2008
meh, not much to it... introduced a few characters and nothing else... but at least it is better than Queen's Blade... XD.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 20, 2009 6:26 AM

Jun 2008
Wow, I kept spacing out through the entire episode, but sometimes good series have a slow start. I'll watch more before I decide to finish it or drop it.

Animation was decent. Characters....eh(what's with characters feeling the need to scream the names of those held captive when running towards them....and the enemies don't even notice...wtf?). Hopefully, things will pick up.
Apr 22, 2009 4:05 AM

May 2008
Not bad.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 22, 2009 4:22 AM

Apr 2009
not bad really, cuz it's just the first episode so many characters havent appeared yet^^
May 1, 2009 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
Nice first episode. I like. Great animation, music and setting. And the end was very exciting
May 3, 2009 1:26 PM

Aug 2008
Although I've only watched one episode so far, I have to say that Tears to Tiara is one of the best series that began this Spring.

I have high hopes for the series as the story seems quite promising and the art and music are beautiful.
May 16, 2009 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
The resurrection of the Demon King...

Next episode..

Jun 6, 2009 12:18 AM

May 2008
Confused, about if the girl at the end will be a sacrifice or shall they rescue her. That guy on cliff looks like Gandgolf (forgot his name from LOTR).
Jun 27, 2009 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Meh liked the episode in a whole. To bad the craracter designs are from the ps3 version and not the PC version, as i find the PC vesrion superior to the PS3 in char design. I just hope it wont change the plot from the game too much.

japanme32 said:
LiLSatan said:
im just halfway in the PC game of this anime... and the 1st episode is great...
good thing they didnt change the voices ... and the characters become mature a little ^_^

PC game???????? They have! Only Japanese or english also?

Yeah it was/is a pc game. It even has a english patch (fan translation), am playing it right now am and glad i did it before watching the anime version.
Jul 1, 2009 9:52 AM

Sep 2008
Not bad for the first episode. I thought Riannon was going to use some magical attack to kill the bad guys. I guess not; lolz.
Aug 5, 2009 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
The introduction was promising.
The characters was very detailed and clearly present their roles.
Plus factor almost all the main are female warriors.
~Seeing in the opening I think Demon King will be on the good side =)

I hope this won't let me down, 1st impression was very great
ZinvyAug 5, 2009 6:23 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Oct 11, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
i don't know so far i'm not impressed
Aug 7, 2010 6:32 AM

Sep 2008
Darn them for using the PS2 remake characters instead of the kiddy PC version.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2011 7:21 PM
Oct 2011
I thought this was a enjoyable 1st episode. It reminds me of Berserk and Uteraroumomo or howveer you spell it. I hope it gets even better cuz it seems like it's off to a great start...
Jan 25, 2012 7:04 PM

Jul 2010
figure8life said:
i don't know so far i'm not impressed

yep, same here. i hope it gets really interesting.

Feb 14, 2012 1:32 AM

Sep 2008
2012digitalboy said:
WAY too much expository dialog and a little boring, but an excellent cinematic sense and some good animation shows lots of potential.

Maybe so, but the fast pace helped to override that a little bit, I think.

Kayro said:
This was a nice first episode. I was actually expecting this to be much worse (considering this is an eroge adaptation, and I have a bad history with such titles).

Knowing that, I also can't help but think that it was really quite a good episode to start off a series. I usually really don't like how those game-adaptations turn out, but I guess we'll see for this one...
May 14, 2013 2:03 AM
Apr 2013
interesting allready got alot questions though
Jun 2, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2011
I'm not really sure how the studio went from a poorly produced eroge to this well-animated show that obviously required a fair amount of research into Welsh (from what I can tell) mythology, but the pilot was very decent! Overall, the anime looks to be okay, but I'm dying over all these mythological elements. The opening is eh, though, after the cool Greek mythology intro about the ages 'n' such.

I'm not really sure why the fanatical priest-guy wants to end the age of iron. The ages get worse as they go on (from gold to silver, etc), so he is seeking to bring on a less "valuable" age than even iron. Maybe Welsh mythology has a similar creation story that would make the priest-guy's actions more logical. Or maybe he's just a fanatical priest-guy. IDK.

I'm glad enough research went into this to make Arthur appropriately /doh. I see him over-glorified as some flawless figure when he really wasn't the brightest during his youth.

Erm. And was that some Key of Solomon in the summoning of Arawn? I'm not familar with that very well, either (mostly because it really is freaky and dumb).
Jan 7, 2014 3:19 AM

Jul 2008
Average rescue the girl/devilish plot so far, but the animation was excellent so as always I am curious where it goes.

5/10 to start.
Feb 4, 2014 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
Well not much to say about the story since I'm still not really sure what or why stuff is happening but the it gave off good vibes and I'm okay with that.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 27, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
I had this on my PTW list for a while and then had the opportunity to play the eroge it's based on...as soon as I finished I started the series, it was that good...particularly if you have any affinity for Celtic (Welsh) mythos...(although they do mix up some other stuff from the Gnostics and others). The game itself is a single track where you have to clear a number of encounters using classic RPG strategy in order to advance the story

Most of it will be based on action, they've already animated several combat sequences that were skipped over in the game, and they look pretty good (nice to see they show the blood), in fact better than the game play. I'll have to say this has been very true to the storyline thus far, and the only changes have been enhancements. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 11, 2014 2:59 AM
Jul 2018
Finally watched this it was laying on my ptw list for ages
Jan 17, 2016 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
Better than I expected. The pace left no dull moments.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.