Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 6, 2014 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
No, it seems like you were trying to make the argument resurface and inflate things out of proportion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
Ah yeah, I remember now, I guess I just didn't think about the dude being a lumberjack. That was actually what I was referring to, yeah.

Maybe so, if Colt doesn't play a role anymore in this arc I would like to see him again. He is definitely my favorite Ant that isn't a Royal Guard or The King.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 1:07 PM

Oct 2011
judals said:
No, it seems like you were trying to make the argument resurface and inflate things out of proportion.

Nothing of the sort was done. I gave my thoughts, you just chose not to read them because you took the introductory parts of my post personally. That's all. Never said anyone specifically, just said that it happens literally every week. If you have a problem with me pointing out that fact, that sounds more like a you problem than a me problem.
Mar 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
insan3Spectre said:
Ah yeah, I remember now, I guess I just didn't think about the dude being a lumberjack. That was actually what I was referring to, yeah.

Maybe so, if Colt doesn't play a role anymore in this arc I would like to see him again. He is definitely my favorite Ant that isn't a Royal Guard or The King.

Yep. Mine too.
It's funny how we consider him a good guy now when he killed so many people before the birth.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2009
Well, its tough for me to call the ants "bad" per-say. I have to go to The King's comment when they first stormed the palace, the one about humans and how they we cattle, because that is exactly what we are to them. The difference with Colt, Meleoron, and so on is they did it purely because of that and not because of some sadistic pleasure like some of the other ants. Basically, there are all kinds of different types of ants. To simplify it a bit there are "good" and "bad" ants, just like humans.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 6, 2014 8:30 PM

Dec 2011
Woo. Looks like the Morel vs. Pouf will wrap up next episode.
Killua's lightning mode was cool, but it ran out so fast.
Mar 7, 2014 4:11 AM
Sep 2011
sebrina8 said:
doesn't matter, it it's stolen or not, it's a fairly generic power. the same thing goes for the chidori look alike.

> speeding up with lighting

when will someone finally be creative with this power?!!

"Dissapointed as he stole it from Naruto" - "Oh everything was stolen by Naruto... It doesn't matter" hahahah, this forum can be very entertaining. I remember reading Naruto's writer was influenced by Hunter X Hunter's writer aswell.

Decent episode, first 4/5 in while.
RendioMar 7, 2014 4:14 AM
Mar 7, 2014 8:25 AM

Oct 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Gwendolly said:
Where did the pink koala bear end up? I wanted to see him dying. :P Or is he yet to come?

Anyways, started HxH 2 weeks ago and caught up now...I dont know what to do with my life now D:

The last time Koala was seen he was staying with Colt, Bihorn, and the others who stayed loyal to the queen. I would like to see him (Koala) too but more because I liked the little glimpses we got of his character. I believe that was filler material, though? Which would explain why it didn't amount to much.

Well, I know I saw him last time with the other ants, who wanted to become a king themselves. He was kinda OP at the beginning and I thought he would even grow stronger after using Nen. As I said, maybe he is still to come? Havent read the manga ..so yeah..
<3
Mar 7, 2014 8:30 AM

Mar 2014
sebrina8 said:
disappointing episode. i can't believe togashi stole the raikage super sayain bullshit from naruto. well it is lighting, there is not much you can do with it.

You should switch the words "naruto" and "togashi" in your sentence cuz it's a fact that Kishimoto was heavily inspired in many matters by Togashi's works, i.e. Yu Yu Hakusho and HxH.
Mar 7, 2014 8:48 AM

Feb 2014
I love about this series how it can have quality episodes without much of the main cast, if at all.
Wish some other series had that too.
4.5/5
Mar 7, 2014 1:34 PM
Apr 2013
Hisoka_Judal said:
sebrina8 said:
disappointing episode. i can't believe togashi stole the raikage super sayain bullshit from naruto. well it is lighting, there is not much you can do with it.

You should switch the words "naruto" and "togashi" in your sentence cuz it's a fact that Kishimoto was heavily inspired in many matters by Togashi's works, i.e. Yu Yu Hakusho and HxH.

What is this? The eighth time someone called Sabrina out. She gets it already. Enough is enough.
Mar 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2012
MCAL said:
Hisoka_Judal said:
sebrina8 said:

What is this? The eighth time someone called Sabrina out. She gets it already. Enough is enough.
To be fair, she asks for it in past threads.
Mar 7, 2014 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
Episode was ok. Killua's part was boring, imo. Just non-sexual fan service.

Ilkalgo's part was interesting, but Bloster is so underwhelming for a chimera ant squadron leader. He doesn't feel threatening at all, so it took away from the excitement for me personally.
Mar 8, 2014 7:18 AM
Jan 2014
All i can say is that Killua's God speed form looks incredible unstoppable and cool!

...and that squid guy is very smart and creative
Mar 9, 2014 5:19 AM

Dec 2012
Chibi pouf >.>
Mar 9, 2014 5:38 AM

Jan 2014
Suitedup said:
Chibi pouf >.>

Looks like... light yagami...
Mar 9, 2014 7:11 PM
May 2012
Did anyone else notice the black spot shoot left disappeared at like 5-6 mins in the ep? Does this mean shoot died or maybe hes unconscious?
Mar 9, 2014 8:40 PM

Jun 2009
akstarter said:
Did anyone else notice the black spot shoot left disappeared at like 5-6 mins in the ep? Does this mean shoot died or maybe hes unconscious?

Yeah, but I honestly didn't even think about it until someone on reddit pointed it out. It should be interesting to see what that means.

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 10, 2014 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
akstarter said:

Unconscious or out of range... definitely not dead.
Mar 10, 2014 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
I don't see why some people are complaining about the direction this episode took. It was nice seeing Ikalgo as the main focus for once. This episode shows us how smart he really is and I thought it was a great episode IMO.
Mar 11, 2014 9:47 PM

Mar 2011
If that "one-good-one-bad episode" thing continues, I can assume that the next episode gonna be awesome, at least.
Mar 15, 2014 12:43 AM

Jun 2012
Killua so epic, if only he could sustain that form for a while.

Ikalgo is a great character, really.

Mar 24, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
Does anyone know the name of the OST right in the beginning of the episode? Before the opening, when Killua was staring at Youpi.
Mar 25, 2014 9:46 PM

May 2012
Godspeed was pretty cool although too quick and it really didn't do much damage. Something I'm curious about though is since Killua ran away right after he powered down, does that mean he can't fight the Royal Guards without using that technique? I realize they're stronger than him but Killua could lift 16 tons as of early in the series, is trained as an assassin and has electricity so he should be able to at least put up a better fight than Knuckle and Shoot. Or am I over-thinking things and using that move just leaves him physically exhausted?

I hope there aren't many Ikalgo scenes after this. I actually liked him when he was first introduced but every time he comes on the screen lately, I find myself groaning.
Apr 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
Ikalgo is the only story I do not care at all about. And again we get to see him -.-
I am so annoyed. It doesn´t helpt that the whole sleeping gas solution doesn´t make any sense either.
So the whole outer area fllls with gas while ikalgo holds his breath? Sure...

Not to mention that every storyline is slowed down as fuck while when following Ikalgos story at doesn´t seem to. Everything he has been up to so far must have atleast taken 30 minutes +
May 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2011
Octobro is the coolest... but I kinda got grossed out when he puked.
Jun 11, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2011
Super Saiyan Killua beating the shit out of Youpi was so satisfying to watch. Too bad the fight didn't last long.

Ikalgo's side of the story was pretty tense. In the end, brains matter a lot more than brute strength.
Jun 25, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2011
Jul 1, 2014 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
Octopus should have killed Anteater.
Come on, get to the good stuff
Jul 8, 2014 8:05 PM

Jan 2011
super saiyans, they are everywhere
man red guy is still alive an it doesnt look like he ll die soon... an with that looks like all fodder ants are either defeated or dead, well theres the wolf guy but i doubt he ll do anything on whats left of the arc
Aug 15, 2014 11:04 AM

Feb 2014
Nice to see Killua venting his frustration from episode 116. Loving Killua the Stungod, Master of Stunlocks.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Aug 17, 2014 7:59 PM

Apr 2013
This one felt a little overwhelming, Burovuda was not half as important as Ikalgo thought.
Nov 3, 2014 6:15 AM

Oct 2013
cloakerx said:
Did Shoot die or was that an animation error? Looked like the space on Yuopi's left shoulder is gone and his skin is back towards the end of his fight with Killua

That can mean that he is dead or has lost his consciousness. You'll find out later.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 12, 2014 6:54 PM

Jun 2014
Its been 9 episodes and only the Youpi battle has progressed at all.
Nov 22, 2014 6:03 PM

Jul 2012
God-speed, Killua is the real thing
Nov 27, 2014 2:59 AM

Jan 2012
Goodspeed Killua looked so fucking cool and glowy. I love the idea of lightning-speed preprogrammed responses too, sounds both OP and exploitable.

I have to admit I've been skipping all of octobro's scenes. All of them. It's not that I don't like him, but the whole situation feels very removed and irrelevant to the bigger picture. The five minutes of invasion already feel prolonged enough, I can't imagine watching his scenes too.

I thought the first two eps of invasion were God's gift to anime, but since then, the direction's been very scattered. I wish they showed us a solid few minutes of every fight instead of this constant panning to every situation every five seconds. That's why it's felt so long and like nothing has progressed. It's hard to get into the moment when we're pulled out of pov without progression and thrown into another one.
NinahNov 27, 2014 3:03 AM
Nov 27, 2014 3:06 AM

Jul 2013
Ninah said:
Goodspeed Killua looked so fucking cool and glowy. I love the idea of lightning-speed preprogrammed responses too, sounds both OP and exploitable.

I have to admit I've been skipping all of octobro's scenes. All of them. It's not that I don't like him, but the whole situation feels very removed and irrelevant to the bigger picture. The five minutes of invasion already feel prolonged enough, I can't imagine watching his scenes too.

I thought the first two eps of invasion were God's gift to anime, but since then, the direction's been very scattered. I wish they showed us a solid few minutes of every fight instead of this constant panning to every situation every five seconds. That's why it's felt so long and like nothing has progressed. It's hard to get into the moment when we're pulled out of pov without progression and thrown into another one.

do not skip his conversation with Welfin ( the wolf sipder)
Jan 10, 2015 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶a̶i̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶2̶ ̶T̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶G̶o̶h̶a̶n̶ Godspeed Killua is some pretty crazy stuff right there.
Mar 24, 2015 1:52 AM
May 1, 2015 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
Killua's Godspeed was the highlight of the episode, too bad it didn't last very long.

May 20, 2015 7:27 AM

Oct 2014
Killua was badass this ep. I've been missing it! But I guess he's a little sad/mad since Gon snapped at him and let it out on Youpi lol ^^ I really enjoy the tense feeling in this arc and can't wait for the old mans fight against Meruem!!
Jun 30, 2015 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
Woah, Killua's Godspeed is epic!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 12, 2015 4:41 PM
Mar 2013
Ikalgo his strategy is sooo bright!
Jan 19, 2016 4:44 AM

Jun 2015
Ikalgo did a good job.
Mar 15, 2016 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
Avant_ said:
Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?

"Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?"

May 5, 2016 4:44 PM

Oct 2015
Killua looked so damn epic.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jul 20, 2016 7:24 AM

Oct 2015
nowa_ said:
Avant_ said:
Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?

"Did they just waste more than half of the episode on that stupid octopus and his insignificant ass?"

I believe that's what's called keeping the side characters in the game.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Oct 22, 2016 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
Holy shit! Killer was badass. Godspeed.

In this episode we learned that Ikalgo is not clutch.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 23, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2015
Killua is da man. Octopus dude noooooo, you must overcome being a coward like Shoot!
Nov 10, 2016 3:53 PM
Jun 2015
Ikalgo was super cool in this ep. Good Work little octopus dude. Killua would be proud.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Sep 23, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
Sep 22, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.