Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2012
Just holy fuck, how could they top the last episode but they did, so much good stuff and even more hyped for the next one.
Feb 14, 2014 5:47 AM

May 2013
Wow so awesome all actions and awesomeness

The First time i saw the picture of kill la kill on anichart i was like Are they sisters and when i watch kill la kill i thought they weren't but now after i watch ep 18 they really are sister my first thought was Right
Feb 14, 2014 5:51 AM

Nov 2013
Kyzen said:
this is what you call epic to madhouse who's animating HXH please make an episode at least even 1/4 of this episode epicness. definetly 1000/1000

What did you even just say? Have you even seen the latest HxH episode?

OT; I'm awaiting for them both to combine the scissors and cut off her head entirely, AND EMBRACE WHILE RAGYO'S BLOOD RAINS DOWN ONCE MORE.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Feb 14, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2014
Feb 14, 2014 5:55 AM
Jun 2012
This is glorious.
Feb 14, 2014 6:03 AM

Feb 2013
That ending :O
So saw that coming, the moment where it showed the baby dying
Feb 14, 2014 6:14 AM

Feb 2013
So stupid.
It's getting even worse now with that ugly Ragyo wearing the Kamui.
Disgusting.
Feb 14, 2014 6:15 AM

May 2012
At the end of this episode, when Ragyou said that last line, I jumped and shouted. Holy hell. I thought the last episode was gruesome and mindfuck already. But then this episode was more gruesome and had even way more mindfuck.

OMG RYUUKO AND SATSUKI!!! Kill la Kill threw in something like a Star Wars there, with Ragyou going like, "Ryuuko, you are my daughter."

This episode... just... I... wow.
Feb 14, 2014 6:38 AM

Feb 2012
I have never had this many goosebumps watching an anime. KLK's author is a genius. Ryouko's fighting scene was truly amazing and the freakin heart at the end holy crap (mom)
Feb 14, 2014 6:46 AM
May 2013
Man Ryuuko was bad-ass this episode and that twist, in hindsight it was sort of obvious that ryuuko was satsuki's sister but in the moment I just didn't think about it.

OMG that cliffhanger, this isn't SNK so I know ryuuko's not going to die but can't help but wonder how she is going to live? Maybe she can regenerate like Ragyou.
Feb 14, 2014 6:46 AM
Aug 2013
It's been a while since I've wanted a next episode so bad. This episode blew my mind on so many levels, although I had a hunch about the last plot twist, considering it'd be rather cruel to do... You know, that.

But damn, I am hyped beyond belief XD
Feb 14, 2014 6:55 AM

Sep 2013
ok my body wasn't ready for the twist this early
Feb 14, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2014
Awesome as always!
Ragyo getting her game on, and giving Satsuki the discipline that every child should receive. Don't mess with the ****ing mother rainbow!!!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 14, 2014 7:09 AM

Feb 2011
That was insane! What a way to go, excellent story, keep it up! 6 episodes left, 1/4 of the season remains, let's gooooooo!
Feb 14, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
I actually called it back then at episode 2 or 3 that Satsuki and Ryuko are sisters. Didn't expect it to be true at this point.
Feb 14, 2014 7:14 AM

Sep 2010
Literally speechless. Amazing episode, 10/10. I was guessing Satsuki and Ryuko were sisters but that last scene was still shocking to me. Never would have guessed Ryuko had life fibers in her. The soundtrack was great, (as always) too.

Thund3r1 said:
pakoko said:
BRSxIgnition said:
pakoko said:
Lol just when you thought the last plot twist would be the only twist, Kill la Kill sucker punches me with another one this episode. Amazing.

So I'm guessing Ryuko's hair cuts through the life fibers in her brain because she herself is made up of life fiber parts? I don't know whether I should take seriously the fact that the red part of Ryuko's hair was not accessory but actually useful for something.
I feel like it just symbolized that whatever makes her special helped her break free from the Ragyo's control.

It's been speculated that she has life fibers inside her, or something to that effect - this episode seems to have reaffirmed that.

Ah I see, yeah this anime is full of ridiculous animations that I never know which to take seriously.

I actually think you are right. Consider this:
- Life fibers are usually represented as being red.
-Ryuko has fused with life fibers.
-Ragyo also fused with life fibers has shining multicolored strands of hair mixed in with the rest of her hair.

I'm pretty sure that red strand of Ryuko's hair is the result of her fusion with life fibers and is fully capable of doing that impromptu brain surgery.
Agree 1000%
Feb 14, 2014 7:14 AM

Jan 2014
Kougeru said:
People really found that surprising? Just like last week, I felt it was a REALLY obvious "twist". Last week's reveal was obvious to me from the start because someone as smart as Satsuki kept letting Ryuuko live, even helped her when Nui was about to kill her. She had no logical reason to let Ryuuko live the first time they fought, yet she did. I knew then she was a "Good Guy" and would betray the real villain.

What hinted me about this week's reveal about them being sisters, was that somehow..only the two of them were able to use Kamui Robes. Why? What logic is there for that? Experiemnts carried out on them was the reason given. They said Ryuuko's dad use to work for them and used their/his research to create her Kamui and all that but I still didn't make complete sense as to how some random scientist was able to create something that only that family could possibly have and make it work with a "Normal" girl, his daughter. When they explained that, I said to myself "she's probably Satsuki's long lost sister or some crap like that".

My list is not complete but I'm actually over 1000+ anime so maybe that's why it was so obvious to me. I've seen this formula so many times. It's tried and true, but predictable. You may have seen me on other websites talking about how this show is overrated for how predictable it is, but I do enjoy the show. It's a good show, just not the best ever like a lot of people make it out to be. It's slightly above average due to it's predictability. It's characters are it's strongest asset. Due to it's predictability, I gave this episode a 3. I'm glad I was proven correct two weeks in a row now. Now I'm excited to see Ryuuko's true power unleashed when she gets the other half of the scissors.

And here we have the problem of "predictability", implying that just because you saw something coming, or that the show even made it obvious that it was coming, is a bad thing. You always have to consider the method in which it was pulled off, and has someone who has had a lot of his predictions come true, I am thoroughly satisfied.

From the moment Ragyo was introduced, someone who is very experienced would have known that Satsuki would turn on her, but that is in no way a bad thing. In fact, the way in which it was pulled off was great and easily as satisfying as if it was un-hinted at at all.

Also, Satsuki was never able to use Junketsu as well as Ryuko. So even though one could predict that they were sisters, it wasn't just because Satsuki forced her usage of Junketsu.

So in the end, saying you saw something coming doesn't affect the quality of the way in which it was pulled off, and Trigger did a fantastic job of that once again.
You also have to consider tit for tat. You sure as hell can't say you predicted Ryuko's real dad was Sourichi, so that was another good reveal.
I'd also be hard-pressed to believe someone who says they predicted that Ryuko and Satsuki would be revealed to be sisters by Ragyo attempting to control Ryuko. Once again, the method in which something is revealed may be far more important than the reveal itself.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 14, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2013
so honnouji was created to rebel against satsuki's mother, whom she secretly hated for years, and now ryouko is her sister. DEM SOME CRAZY TWISTS
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2014 7:48 AM

Jan 2014
Holy Shit, that was real real intense.

AND!!!!! My theory was proven right. They are Sisters indeed (albeit not on the way I imagined but regardless).

HAHA it always feels so nice when your theories hit bullseye.
Feb 14, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2010
12/10

That's all I can say. Just... Intense! And Awesome!
Feb 14, 2014 8:07 AM
Jan 2014
Ryuuko: *Knock knock* Satsuki? Do you wanna build a--
Satsuki: Fuck off.
Feb 14, 2014 8:10 AM
Nov 2013
It's about time that the CR version of episode 18 has FINALLY came out. After like a 22 hour delay...I guess we can all realize this show now comes on Friday.
Feb 14, 2014 8:15 AM
Feb 2012
I had a hunch when the second child was shown, but it still felt surprising to see it revealed- Ragyou being Ryuuko's mother, that is.

der4 said:
It's about time that the CR version of episode 18 has FINALLY came out. After like a 22 hour delay...I guess we can all realize this show now comes on Friday.

Or you simply watch Underwater's version, the superior one.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 14, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2014
Subs at last. Well, you could get gist of it without them, but it's nice to have them all the same.

And damn things are bad.

Looks like the 4 Deva and Nudist beach are going to have to step up next ep.
Feb 14, 2014 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
3/4 of an series that is boring and the 1/4 is somewhat interesting.

But not I'm really shocked about the story. I'm rather 'shocked' about the fact that 3/4 of the Anime was more filler then plot.
Feb 14, 2014 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
GuiltyKing said:
I had a hunch when the second child was shown, but it still felt surprising to see it revealed- Ragyou being Ryuuko's mother, that is.

der4 said:

Or you simply watch Underwater's version, the superior one.

Underwater's number 1 woo. I won't watch this show any other way.
Feb 14, 2014 9:02 AM

Sep 2013
When is Satsuki getting a power up it's pathetic and ryuko cutting and pulling out the thread around her brain was sick.
Feb 14, 2014 9:09 AM

Oct 2011
I understand scores on MAL can largely not be trusted, but how is KILL la KILL still only at 8.05 after this?

This episode was only worth a .01+ in score?

REALLY?
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Feb 14, 2014 9:11 AM

Jul 2007
God this episode was nuts :3 Lovely!!!! I didn't see that comming. Matoi and Satsuki being sisters and all. Superb anime so far <3
Feb 14, 2014 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
BRSxIgnition said:
I understand scores on MAL can largely not be trusted, but how is KILL la KILL still only at 8.05 after this?

REALLY?

Opinions will always be different.
Feb 14, 2014 9:23 AM
Jan 2009
did anyone got the end of the episode that Ryuko is Satsuki's sister?
Feb 14, 2014 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
BRSxIgnition said:

REALLY?

Only?
Talk about overrated lol.
Feb 14, 2014 9:27 AM

Oct 2011
^@Marian11

True, opinions will always be different. It's just that, looking at the ratings for this episode, and how many 5's it's getting, I kinda expected a bit more of a jump in score.

^@Ulquiorra1923

Bait all you want, I ain't biting.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Feb 14, 2014 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
GREW said:
3/4 of an series that is boring and the 1/4 is somewhat interesting.

But not I'm really shocked about the story. I'm rather 'shocked' about the fact that 3/4 of the Anime was more filler then plot.
ide say only 1/4 of the series is really filler and those were some of the better episodes of the series

BRSxIgnition said:

REALLY?
for fucks sakes the series isnt even done airing yet and your bitching about scores, its going to jump in scores most likley, but also this series isnt viewed as the masterpiece you see it as by everyone, its got a very varying quality depending on the person with a love it or hate it approach, 6.7% of people are giving it a failing score of 5 or below and a total of 56.4% of users giving the series a score below 8.05 ultimately bringing it down, then theres still people that havent voted yet as they wait till its done airing to vote

the score will change probably drastically as many of the people who dropped early will have their score nulified as well as non voters adding their scores in after the fact, every single person on my friends list is watching this series with 1 drop 1 on hold and only 4 of us including myself actually has a score given to it, about 9 scores not added as a result, this si why bitching about score being low or high while ongoing is redundant

the series will likley be around a 8.10-8.25ish by the time it ends which if you see as bad you are dead wrong

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 14, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:
Only?
Talk about overrated lol.

Considering how MAL users hate 'fanservice' and 'predictability'... oh wait
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Feb 14, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2011
JizzyHitler said:
for fucks sakes the series isnt even done airing yet and your bitching about scores, its going to jump in scores most likley, but also this series isnt viewed as the masterpiece you see it as by everyone, its got a very varying quality depending on the person with a love it or hate it approach, 6.7% of people are giving it a failing score of 5 or below and a total of 56.4% of users giving the series a score below 8.05 ultimately bringing it down, then theres still people that havent voted yet as they wait till its done airing to vote

First of all, I'm not bitching about it, I'm just surprised, that's all. The last 3 episodes have been way above average, and I expected the score to increase, that's all.I wasn't expecting a huge jump, JizzyHitler. I was just expecting a little bit of an increase.

Also, I fully understand that people will sometimes pick it back up, drop it, or finish then rate it - that's totally fine. I'm very interested in what this show will finish at.

Either way, I apologize for bringing up the score - I see now I shouldn't do that. Let's just enjoy the ride.
Feb 14, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
[
Either way, I apologize for bringing up the score - I see now I shouldn't do that. Let's just enjoy the ride.

KLK ranking went up from #440 to #410
Feb 14, 2014 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
WHAT A TWIST!!!!!!
Feb 14, 2014 9:38 AM

Sep 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

Also, I fully understand that people will sometimes pick it back up, drop it, or finish then rate it - that's totally fine. I'm very interested in what this show will finish at.
sorry if i came off a bit aggressive

i dont know where the series will end up at, but i doubt its gonna jump much even by the series end since those usually only happen to shows in the mid to low 7's, looking at the score distribution the series that looks nearly identical is gossick, though gossick has more 10's than kill la kill has by a lot and a ton less below 5's, gossick at roughly the same length as klk is at a 8.28 so id expect slightly less than that due to the lack of 10's if hypothetically somehow the score isnt affected much by the late score givers

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 14, 2014 9:40 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was a good episode, but an awful twist. I really wish they didn't do that.
Feb 14, 2014 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
Oh what the... I have no words that can express how I feel right now... just wow.
Feb 14, 2014 9:41 AM

Dec 2013
Studio Trigger may have started out really,really rough with this anime and honestly I have been extremely surprised by the consistency of the episodes recently. I mean this is probably the most I've enjoyed an action anime in a long time.
Feb 14, 2014 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
Slim1996 said:
Studio Trigger may have started out really,really rough with this anime and honestly I have been extremely surprised by the consistency of the episodes recently. I mean this is probably the most I've enjoyed an action anime in a long time.
if you mean animation wise, thats probably because that one other studio that did the rebuilds of eva are helping out, pretty noticeable change in animation quality of you ask me for the better

also brs heres a comparison between the score i mentioned, they look pretty similar so hypothetically if there arent major changes other than alot of the lower score dissapearing id say klk will likley end up around the same score
http://i.imgur.com/w7r57Sg.jpg

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2014 9:47 AM

Dec 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Slim1996 said:
if you mean animation wise, thats probably because that one other studio that did the rebuilds of eva are helping out, pretty noticeable change in animation quality of you ask me for the better

also brs heres a comparison between the score i mentioned, they look pretty similar so hypothetically if there arent major changes other than alot of the lower score dissapearing id say klk will likley end up around the same score

Studio Khara is doing in between's for Trigger? Explains a lot actually. Though there
s still moments where characters look like they were animated by a Newgrounds Flash Animator
Feb 14, 2014 9:49 AM

Sep 2011
Slim1996 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Slim1996 said:

Studio Khara is doing in between's for Trigger? Explains a lot actually. Though there
s still moments where characters look like they were animated by a Newgrounds Flash Animator
i generally think thats done on purpose, there were parts in early episodes where they were definetly cutting corners but at this point in the series i dont think its uninetnially done

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2014 9:53 AM

Oct 2011
Thanks for the chart, JH.

I see how they're shaped right now - but Gosick (Gothic) was a show that got a jump in score from a lot of people with its final 2 episodes, which were rather emotional and well done. (Considering they had to cram a few volumes of manga into 2 episodes.)

Gosick has also been out far longer than KILL la KILL - so it's had longer for its score to settle into what it is now. More peple have been able to pick it up on recomendation, and now the number of people watching it has slowed/stopped.

KILL la KILL on the other hand is still very active, and judging from what TRIGGER has stated on the core of the series, we should expect even more plot developments and impressive visuals in this second half. They've stated themselves that the first half was just them having fun and introducing the characters - whereas the second half made them go pale during planning meetings.

Personally, I believe that KILL la KILL may finish off strong, and with a score as high as 8.6 if everything goes perfectly in this second half as it has until now. (EP 16-18)

If there's anyone that I trust to write an interesting shounen/seinen show like this, it's the people over at TRIGGER. Imaishi and Nakashima know how to add just the right amount of depth.

Those are my personal thoughts. We'll see what actually happens.

P.S: If TRIGGER can pull of KILL la KILL with its start-up budget, then I'm extremely excited to see what they can do in the future.
Feb 14, 2014 9:58 AM

Sep 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

Personally, I believe that KILL la KILL may finish off strong, and with a score as high as 8.6 if everything goes perfectly in this second half as it has until now. (EP 18)
that i can pretty much gurantee wont happen, to get around that score you need to have a lot of 10's and for the 9's to drastically outweigh the 8's, it looks like this
http://i.imgur.com/iqFgNgJ.jpg

it may crack the 150's but i doubt itll get any higher than that, just about every series in the top 100 with some very rare exceptions are rated high from the get go and are usually long or sequels, shinsekai and steins are the only 2 shows that really seem to be exceptions and even then shinsekai barely made it into the top 100, but steins did jump....alot
JizzyHitlerFeb 14, 2014 10:03 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 14, 2014 10:00 AM

Dec 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Slim1996 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Slim1996 said:

i generally think thats done on purpose, there were parts in early episodes where they were definetly cutting corners but at this point in the series i dont think its uninetnially done

I really only notice when Nui's head is give the bobble head treatment but otherwise everything else has been average to amazing. Specifically the action scenes
Feb 14, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2010
JESUS! NOW WE'RE GETTING CLOSE TO TTGL LEVELS OF AWESOMENESS!!!!!
Feb 14, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2011
JizzyHitler said:
that i can pretty much gurantee wont happen, to get around that score you need to have a lot of 10's and for the 9's to drastically outweigh the 8's, it looks like this
http://i.imgur.com/iqFgNgJ.jpg

it may crack the 150's but i doubt itll get any higher than that, just about every series in the top 100 with some very rare exceptions are rated high from the get go and are usually long or sequels,

Thing is, Steins;Gate started with a 7.5 or so for its first 5 or so episodes, but we all know how that ended up. (Current score of 9.17)

I know it's not a perfect example, considering Steins Gate improved itself a bit earlier than KILL la KILL did. KILL la KILL began its "better half" 4 episodes later than Steins;Gate did, but we'll just have to see what effect that has on its score.

At the very least, I know it will go up. Until that finale, I'll just focus on enjoying this ride.

A ride that I haven't had in a long time.
Pages (14) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

961 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 24, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

225 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

190 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 21, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2013

214 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2013

338 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Aug 20, 12:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.