New
Pages (199) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 29, 2014 6:58 PM
Jan 2014
Oooh i am a biology major. Thanks for your advice!! I will do my best :D
Jan 29, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2010
KillerBee721 said:
I'm a newly graduate and is looking for job. Any good site that i can look at to find a job or any general wisdom is the working world would really help :)

suprisingly enough cragslist isnt just for hookers... employers post jobs on it too. maybe check out http://www.careerbuilder.com/
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jan 30, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2014
Hey, guys. Just need an advice about choosing a university.

Well, I am accepted by University X and University Y with the same course. The problem comes in when I cannot decide where I should go. Let me bring some facts about the two universities.

University X is nearer to my hometown and it takes three hours to get there. It is located in a city. The lecture theatres and department buildings are scattered in different campuses. The weather is fine, mostly hot. I would be living in a hall of residence of the university. It is fully catered and the costs include the food, internet, electricity bills, maintenance of the place, etc. It is a convenient place to live. However, the accommodation is quite far to the city campus, where my classes would be at. The buses are expensive, well, for me. I think it is $1.90 for a student. So basically, in a day, I would spend $3.80. Anyway, talking about the education here, there is a great cut off of students for the course I am taking. University X is well known to be strict but the education is outstanding. Very.

University Y is much farther from my hometown. You need to ride a plane to get there and man, the tickets are expensive. I probably can only go home when my course ends. The accommodation that I would be living there is near the university. It is fully catered, as well. You only need to walk about five minutes to go there. The lecture theatres are all in the university. The place is in the southern part so the weather is cold. Always cold. University Y is not in a city so the way of living is rather simple. There is a "party" culture going on there. This university is well known for the course, I am taking. There is less cut off for students. It is the best, people say. The tuition fees and accommodation costs are more expensive.

Choosing universties makes me stress. I cannot be bothered thinking about it for a long time since my semester one is starting on late February. I need to decide soon so I hope you can drop off an advice.

Hmm. Here are some facts about my situation:

1. I have no sense of directions. Maps are not my friends.
2. I got $2000 scholarship for 3 years from University X + $2000 for 4 years (from somewhere).
3. I got $5000 scholarship for just one year from University Y + $2000 for 4 years (from somewhere).
4. Current/ Older students of the course said that University Y has a higher success rate that University X but I thought this depends. This might not accurate but with the cut off, it might be. Still depends, though.
5. I have been to University X twice but never in University Y.
6. My hometown has the same lifestyle as in University Y. I don't live in city.
7. Most of my friends would be going to University Y. In University X, not really.
8. The town (groceries, church, etc.) in University X is farther than University Y.

Please help me!
HaikashiFeb 2, 2014 3:50 PM
Jan 30, 2014 1:28 AM
Jan 2014
Haikashi said:
Hey, guys. Just need an advice about choosing a university.

Well, I am accepted by University X and University Y with the same course. The problem comes in when I cannot decide where I should go. Let me bring some facts about the two universities.

University X is nearer to my hometown and it takes three hours to get there. It is located in a city. The lecture theatres and department buildings are scattered in different campuses. The weather is fine, mostly hot. I would be living in a hall of residence of the university. It is fully catered and the costs include the food, internet, electricity bills, maintenance of the place, etc. It is a convenient place to live. However, the accommodation is quite far to the city campus, where my classes would be at. The buses are expensive, well, for me. I think it is $1.90 for a student. So basically, in a day, I would spend $3.80. Anyway, talking about the education here, there is a great cut off of students for the course I am taking. University X is well known to be strict but the education is outstanding. Very.

University Y is much farther from my hometown. You need to ride a plane to get there and man, the tickets are expensive. I probably can only go home when my course ends. The accommodation that I would be living there is near the university. It is fully catered, as well. You only need to walk about five minutes to go there. The lecture theatres are all in the university. The place is in the southern part so the weather is cold. Always cold. University Y is not in a city so the way of living is rather simple. There is a "party" culture going on there. This university is well known for the course, I am taking. There is less cut off for students. It is the best, people say. The tuition fees and accommodation costs are more expensive.

Choosing universties makes me stress. I cannot be bothered thinking about it for a long time since my semester one is starting on late February. I need to decide soon so I hope you can drop off an advice.

Hmm. Here are some facts about my situation:

1. I have no sense of directions. Maps are not my friends.
2. I got $2000 scholarship for 3 years from University X + $2000 for 4 years (from somewhere).
3. I got $5000 scholarship for just one year from University Y + $2000 for 4 years (from somewhere).
4. Current/ Older students of the course said that University Y has a higher success rate that University X but I thought this depends. This might not accurate but with the cut off, it might be. Still depends, though.
5. I have been to University X twice but never in University Y.
6. My hometown has the same lifestyle as in University Y. I don't live in city.
7. Most of my friends would be going to University Y. In University X, not really.
8. The town (groceries, church, etc.) in University X is further than University Y.

Please help me!

They have their pros and cons, the important thing is what is your priority such as living expense, nice environment, and things like that. You're going to be spending a lot of years at one of these school so choosing the one that is most comfortable for you.
Jan 30, 2014 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
ok, you have a lot of variables, obviously

i can't tell you what to do, but i can tell you what i did. i chose to go to Syracuse University b/c

a) its generally a very good school with a zillion choices if you want to change majors. i think thats important to consider. keeps your options open, without having to change schools
b) they gave me a crap ton of scholarship money
c) its about 2.5 hours from my hometown. far enough away to be independent, close enough to crawl home for the weekend if something went wrong

my only advice specific to you situation (besides majors) is DO NOT choose a university simply b/c your friends are going there. there are amazing opportunities to meet new people if you go alone. you don't want to be in HS forever, right? i learned a ton about life from friends i made at school
Jan 30, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2012
Haikashi said:
University X.

Reasons:

• Lower tuition. Automatic decision point for me right there.
  • Home is within cheap and doable reach within a few hours. Can also go home during weekends.
  • Univeristy Y has a "party" culture. That kind of culture is a bad thing. You're there to learn. Having fun is of second priority.
  • Being "known" for something turns out to be a bunch of shit. If you can't guarantee you'll get a job with your degree, it's pointless.
  • Get a bike. Free exercise. No bus ride fares. Look into "monthly passes" if you can.
  • A new style of life might be a refreshing experience. It's a gamble though.

Essentially you just drew out the differences in university in California (a state in the US) from the UC system (less campuses, all are "known", insanely pricy) to the CSU system (more campuses, more people enrolled in them, "average tier" university, modestly pricey).
Jan 30, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2012
RdfsSayNSlash said:
How

To

Stop

Procrastinating
Fail miserably in something you actually care about, then you'll stop procrastinating as much.
Jan 30, 2014 4:48 PM

Aug 2013
RdfsSayNSlash said:
How

To

Stop

Procrastinating

Listening to music that motivates me or sometimes watching an anime that is particularly uplifting and confidence boosting (the story line that is) gets me to stop procrastinating..... for a while. I have always been a big procrastinator T.T It's the motivation I always have a hard time gathering up to get stuff done.
Jan 30, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
-Skyleo- said:
JadeQuetzal said:

Listening to music that motivates me or sometimes watching an anime that is particularly uplifting and confidence boosting (the story line that is) gets me to stop procrastinating..... for a while. I have always been a big procrastinator T.T It's the motivation I always have a hard time gathering up to get stuff done.

Same here, except the fact that, as far as I am concerned, watching an anime is rarely effective in order to stop procrastinating, it's quite the contrary. xD
Actually, Nodame Cantabile is the only anime that helped me sometimes to work my instrument or my solfege.
Personally, I used to take a little walk before working on some difficult things. It helps me because it gives me a feeling of clearing the mind of all thought.

I procrastinate horribly at cleaning... and when I watch an anime where the MC does some chores during the anime and is happy doing it, or cleaning something up in order to finish something (like when they had to clean the storage room in chihayafuru) it gets me in the mood to do some of my own chores around the house.
Jan 30, 2014 7:55 PM
Jan 2014
Hi, all!

I'm posting here because I've been looking for a certain picture that I'm near positive is supposed to be drawn in anime-style, but I just. can't. find it. If there's any place that would be able to track it down, it's here.

Basically, I found the picture about a year ago and saved it. But then my computer crashed a few months ago and ate the picture, and now I cannot find the right google search terms to find it. I'd know the picture immediately, but I don't know what keywords to put in, or even where exactly to look.

The picture:

It's a picture of a girl sitting on what I think is a dock and staring out to sea. There's a smudge on the horizon that is possibly a boat. Her back is to the viewer, and one hand is resting on the dock. She's wearing a white dress or possibly wrapped in a sheet, and the picture's been drawn in such a way that the fabric almost seems to glow. She has short hair and a pair of cat ears, but no tail, and the whole thing has a soft painterly/anime look.

I think I've seen it on youtube (nightcore videos) Deviantart, and at least one wallpaper site (maybe Russian?), but I have been unable to track it down, despite trying at least two dozen combinations of words like "catgirl/neko", "water", "dock", "anime", and "white dress/sheet". It's starting to drive me crazy, because there's no way it just up and vanished off the internet.

Help me, please?
Jan 30, 2014 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
If you have it post a link to the video and someone can take a snapshot of it and reverse google image search for it.
Jan 30, 2014 8:08 PM

Oct 2012
found it. This one right?

http://imgur.com/3D1mCbd

Jan 30, 2014 8:11 PM
Jan 2014
Doctor Doom: Unfortunately, I have no idea what video it was for, otherwise I would have done exactly that.

Tsuyuu: Oddly enough, that pose IS pretty close to the picture I'm thinking of. But it's not the actual picture. Thank you for looking, though.
Jan 31, 2014 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
RdfsSayNSlash said:
How

To

Stop

Procrastinating

What's causing you to procrastinate? Is it an activity or something you can manage with willpower? I find that when I do start to procrastinate, I have to power through doing what's needed before I can do what I want. Thinking of the consequences can reinforce this decision. Furthermore, getting things you need done first will allow you a greater range of time to do things you want later, without the added stress that you are putting something off.

It's all about mindset in my opinion. If you don't feel strongly enough about something, it will be harder to do. Ask yourself if you like being this way, if it's done you any good now or in the past. How much trouble has it caused you, if any? These are methods that can reinforce a decision to stop procrastinating. Once you have sufficient reasoning to change, doing so becomes inherently easier.

Hope this helps!
Jan 31, 2014 1:50 PM
Jan 2014
TheDarkLordOtaku said:
http://s15.postimg.org/qjpxmve6j/Anime_Pics_Ocean_1050x1400.jpg

Thanks for looking, but I'm afraid that's not it either. It's a night scene, and the glow on her dress is coming from the moonlight (although I can't remember if you can see the moon or not).
Feb 1, 2014 5:01 AM

Aug 2013
Can anyone translate the writing on this picture? I got this wall scroll but I'm just curious what exactly it says.

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx263/JadeAngel_2012/DiabolikLoversScroll.jpg
Feb 1, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
RdfsSayNSlash said:
How

To

Stop

Procrastinating

Off your internets :(
The Art of Eight
Feb 1, 2014 6:11 PM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Does anybody know if this song is from an anime? Sounds really nice and I know that user on Youtube has played songs from Touhou and other stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxkEr-3GCGU

Hatsune Miku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrXwcF_a-w

I think it's a game, definitely not anime
Feb 1, 2014 6:49 PM

Sep 2012
I was watching Millennium Actress when I noticed that during one of the scenes the female lead has these weird markings on her forehead:

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=72ef981457&view=att&th=143f077a06bd811f&attid=0.0&disp=safe&zw

They looked familiar and I think I've seen people with the same markings in other anime set in ancient Japan. They're definitely way too high on her forehead to be her eyebrows. Does anyone know what these marks are and whether they mean anything?
Feb 1, 2014 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
Hint: We can't actually see your mail. What's your password?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 1, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
Are they dots that look like a second set of eyebrows?
Feb 1, 2014 6:54 PM

Mar 2011
Try here:

http://www.imgur.com

Quick and easy. There's a hundred others but that's the new popular one these days.
Feb 1, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2008
As everyone's mentioned, the link doesn't work, but it sounds like hikimayu which are meant to be eybrows.
Feb 1, 2014 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
Sorry about the bad link :( thanks for answering though. Ckan was right about them being hikimayu. Thank you so much everyone!
Feb 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2008
TaiyoToTsuki said:
Forgetfulness said:
Does anybody know if this song is from an anime? Sounds really nice and I know that user on Youtube has played songs from Touhou and other stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxkEr-3GCGU

Hatsune Miku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOrXwcF_a-w

I think it's a game, definitely not anime
It's an original vocaloid song, probably published by KarenT.

Yup. Third google result. Reference this: http://vocaloid.wikia.com/
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Feb 2, 2014 1:10 PM

Sep 2012
I collect a lot of pictures, however I'm not sure the best way to store the ones I want to use at a moments notice on an image hosting site, like reaction gifs or something. ATM, Im just using Imgur, but it's messy and there's an image limit.

How should I go about doing this? I'm pretty sure there's a better way than the way I'm doing it atm.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 2, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Korrvo said:
I collect a lot of pictures, however I'm not sure the best way to store the ones I want to use at a moments notice on an image hosting site, like reaction gifs or something. ATM, Im just using Imgur, but it's messy and there's an image limit.

How should I go about doing this? I'm pretty sure there's a better way than the way I'm doing it atm.

Try photobucket.com
Feb 2, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2009
how do i get 3d girls to talk to me
Feb 2, 2014 1:27 PM
Jul 2018
RandomChampion said:
Make a sexy face.
Feb 2, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2009
Asap_ said:
RandomChampion said:
Make a sexy face.

whenever i do that they run away or threaten to call police tho
Feb 2, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
RandomChampion said:
Asap_ said:
RandomChampion said:
Make a sexy face.

whenever i do that they run away or threaten to call police tho

Lots of 3d girls talk to you.... on the internet at least XD

When a random strange guy makes a "sexy face" it's not sexy... it's freak'n creepy. Even if the guy is hot, if it's too random it will still weird girls out n.n'''

Try to start by saying "hi"
Feb 2, 2014 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
RandomChampion said:

hack their devices
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Feb 3, 2014 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
I have really bad anxiety. This will be my second time going to a convention. The first time, I got really bored really quickly and I also went with a friend. My friend got bored actually which made me bored. I'm quite shy too and so I didn't speak to anyone but my friend.

That time though, one week prior to the event my friend rang up and said that i won't be able to go down with her and that i'd need to find my own way. That gave me an anxiety attack. I got so depressed I didn't want to go anymore...

After that past experience I am scared that the friend Ii am going with will do the same as she has had a history of last minute change of plans too. She won't be cosplaying so that's making me worry about boredom hitting her than to me. I will be cosplaying however, all the days. I also plan to socialize but I'm scared.

Any good tips I should follow that will allow me and my friend to have an enjoyable time? e.g: how to socialize and make friends with other cosplayers, how not to get bored, what happens when my friend changes plan, etc. Anything else that would be a huge help? Help me please! ~x
No Eren, you just can’t die and come back to life. That isn’t how life works. You’re suppose to stay dead.
Feb 3, 2014 12:09 AM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
You could get drunk beforehand

Apr 2013
pizzasparklez said:
Any good tips I should follow that will allow me and my friend to have an enjoyable time?
hit on girls?

Oct 2012
you dont have to go with anybody at all or interact with other people at the convention just go and do your thing i think it is better to go alone
RRRRRRRRRR
Feb 3, 2014 12:30 AM

Nov 2011
pizzasparklez said:
I have really bad anxiety. This will be my second time going to a convention. The first time, I got really bored really quickly and I also went with a friend. My friend got bored actually which made me bored. I'm quite shy too and so I didn't speak to anyone but my friend.

That time though, one week prior to the event my friend rang up and said that i won't be able to go down with her and that i'd need to find my own way. That gave me an anxiety attack. I got so depressed I didn't want to go anymore...

After that past experience I am scared that the friend Ii am going with will do the same as she has had a history of last minute change of plans too. She won't be cosplaying so that's making me worry about boredom hitting her than to me. I will be cosplaying however, all the days. I also plan to socialize but I'm scared.

Any good tips I should follow that will allow me and my friend to have an enjoyable time? e.g: how to socialize and make friends with other cosplayers, how not to get bored, what happens when my friend changes plan, etc. Anything else that would be a huge help? Help me please! ~x

- If you talk with others and meet people you are not going to get bored! xD Just say whatever you're thinking!
"OMG YOUR COSPLAY OF ADSASQWEA IS SOOO GREEEAAAAT! >D I looove that anime! Especially the chapter 1238 when Bunny does bla bla bla"
"I don't know who are you cosplaying but you look amazing! =O"
"God! You have the best tits I have ev- Oook maybe it's better to think a little before taling xD

- Don't be scared about socializing! Haters usually stay at home xP Everyone there just want to have a good time and make some friends

- Stop depending of your friend to do the things you want! :3 You can't depend of others forever xD And you are not a fucking clown either, if your friends gets bored...Not! Your! Problem!
Feb 3, 2014 2:06 AM

Jul 2013
omg thanks
No Eren, you just can’t die and come back to life. That isn’t how life works. You’re suppose to stay dead.
Feb 3, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2012
Need help deciding whether to buy lots of cheap chocolate, or a few pricy-er chocolates of "meh" quality (still cheap).

The choice: Kinder Bueno—Insanely tasty hazelnut creme filled crunchy chocolate block thingies of low mass and unsatisfying smallness. 30 bars

King Sized Hershey's Toffee Symphony—Solid blocks of smooth (if debatably nasty by Europeans) chocolate loaded with crunchy bits of toffee but of a sad low count. 12 bars

Both are $20. Make the choice. Erabe!
Feb 3, 2014 2:19 AM

Jan 2014
MellowJello said:
Need help deciding whether to buy lots of cheap chocolate, or a few pricy-er chocolates of "meh" quality (still cheap).

The choice: Kinder Bueno—Insanely tasty hazelnut creme filled crunchy chocolate block thingies of low mass and unsatisfying smallness. 30 bars

King Sized Hershey's Toffee Symphony—Solid blocks of smooth (if debatably nasty by Europeans) chocolate loaded with crunchy bits of toffee but of a sad low count. 12 bars

why not just half of both? :3
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 3, 2014 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
text27 said:
MellowJello said:

Cause you gotta order in bulk via Amazon.
Feb 3, 2014 2:25 AM

Jan 2014
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:

well that isn't fun why don't you go for the cheaper ones then.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 3, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2012
text27 said:
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:

Cause I'm waiting for more opinions...
Feb 3, 2014 2:46 AM

Jan 2008
Kinder Bueno, always Kinder Bueno.
Feb 3, 2014 2:49 AM

Oct 2012
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:

I only see Kinder Bueno for $36 on Amazon, and that it seems to be wafers rather than whole chocolate. Despite the "low count", the 12 4.3-ounce Hershey's bars got more weight than the 30 43 gram Buenos. If you split the 12 pieces into 30, they weigh 46.75 grams each.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 3, 2014 2:55 AM

Aug 2012
elite-sama said:
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:
text27 said:
MellowJello said:

I only see Kinder Bueno for $36 on Amazon, and that it seems to be wafers rather than whole chocolate. Despite the "low count", the 12 4.3-ounce Hershey's bars got more weight than the 30 43 gram Buenos. If you split the 12 pieces into 30, they weigh 46.75 grams each.
Shit, the price went up? Woe is me.
Hershey's it is!

As for total mass; that's not really the point. It's more about portioning. I'm definitely gonna finish a whole bar of either, but have enough will power to not go beyond that.

On the other hand, the price of Hershey's Symphony is roughly the same per bar at the grocery store, whereas the Kinder Bueno is a good 40 cents off retail.

Hmmm...
Feb 3, 2014 4:14 AM

Oct 2009
oy what gives who be deleting my posts
Pages (199) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Social Security is Ageist

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

10 by WaffleMaster89 »»
55 seconds ago

» Would it be possible die from the placebo effect?

vasipi4946 - Jun 20

16 by WaffleMaster89 »»
6 minutes ago

» Traveling

HelgMuller - Today

5 by MalchikRepaid »»
6 minutes ago

» Why is fiction so much more appealing than reality?

ZakuF_ - Jun 26

29 by DreamWindow »»
8 minutes ago

» At what age did your parents stop picking out your clothes for you?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

24 by Kwanthemaster »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.