Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2014 1:24 PM

Dec 2013
Makes me wonder if the Narrator got paid more for these episodes haha. I didn't mind the slow motion fighting and narration though. It just shows the level of detail going in within these seconds.
Jan 14, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:
Great episode, I don't think anyone can complain about it, right?

I can , that narration and slow motion got to my nerves at times.

No, you can't.
Btw, sure this episode was awesome, I almost cried when Pitou cried, and Pouf was awesome kicking those rocks but this week Toriko was much better.

No way! Toriko was good, but this HxH episode blew everything away! I was freaking out when I saw Gon charging towards Youpi, thinking he was gonna fight him! It was so epic when Knuckle punched him!! And oh my god, the King is like incredible
Jan 14, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
PURE EPICNESS!!!!!!!!SINCE THE LAST 2 WEEKS SUSPENSE HAS BEEN KILLING OMG!!!I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!!
Jan 14, 2014 1:26 PM
Apr 2013
The narrator is awesome and I think having him do the play by play is a much better solution than having each character recite an internal monologue. That said, I am extremely anxious for things to start playing out in real time and more or less uninterrupted.

Also the King and the Royal Guards are monsters that apparently have more raw strength and aura capacity than any human. They also have very strong combat instincts and are fast learners when it comes to Nen. However humans are much more well versed in the ways of manipulating Nen and as witnessed in Netero's flashback and many other instances throughout the series, they have endured countless hours of training. I'm hoping this superior experience level is what will be used to overcome the odds rather than some deus ex machina powerup at the end.
SolioquyJan 14, 2014 1:29 PM
Jan 14, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2011
phenomenal
Jan 14, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

No, you can't.
Btw, sure this episode was awesome, I almost cried when Pitou cried, and Pouf was awesome kicking those rocks but this week Toriko was much better.

this week toriko was so drag out with cheap animation and art. no lie

Not sure why pitou was shedding tears tho

Jan 14, 2014 1:33 PM

Nov 2013
destonyDbaby said:
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

No, you can't.

huh nope, the animation was even better than it usually is.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 1:35 PM

Jan 2011
destonyDbaby said:
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

No, you can't.

Toriko is a joke? XD
The manga explain why pitou cries, yeah the narrator didnt say everything as manga
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"

Oct 2011
I much preferred how Youpi looked in the manga after he morphed his head so that he had no blind spots but whatever, it still looked good and got the point across that the man is a monster.

Youpi honestly has one of the most creative abilities and yet it's so simple so it will be fun to watch throughout the rest of this arc (If his full fight isn't in freaking slow motion lol).

The second half of the episode was good from the story side of things but some of that animation was whack.
Sep 2011
I am speechless and yet I feel like screaming because this episode was just soo AWESOME. The tension was through the roof during the entire episode. That completely silent scene depicting Komugi's fatal situaltion got my heart pounding like few episodes managed to do so and Youpi's gruesome transformation was executed excellently animation-wise.

It feels so good to see the build-up of the last few weeks to finally pay off, even the external narration which bothered me at first somehow improved the experience once I got used to it.
Jan 14, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2013
I knew there would be complaining about the slow motion in this episode while watching it. To me, it all made it seem epic for such a big fight that has had so much preparation. I personally want to savor every second of this fight for all the build-up to pay off. So much tension! I am loving this!
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jan 14, 2014 1:36 PM
Mar 2013
Gon is growing, i havent read the manga soo my patience is killing me i want to see the fight gon vs pitou asap ^^
Jan 14, 2014 1:38 PM

Jan 2013
pkKodama said:
destonyDbaby said:
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

No, you can't.

lol, better ? I usually dont care that much about toriko animation but damn, i did noticed here, maybe because they are currently in damn good arc. what I just see from here is just a lack of details.

Jan 14, 2014 1:39 PM

Oct 2011
Why the hell has half of this discussion been about Toriko?
Jan 14, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2013
I was waiting for that moment that would make everyone SHIT PRIX!!!

Overall nice episode: 4/5.
Felt a bit stretched.

I need my GON vs PITOU now!!!
Jan 14, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2013
cronosteso23 said:

Toriko is a joke? XD

No, it's not a joke.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 1:40 PM

Nov 2010
Easily a 5/5 episode. Goddamned its gonna be a painful 1 week wait yet again!
Jan 14, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Had HxH always had this much narration? Never felt like it did.
Anyways, such an awesome episode with so much tension being built up. I almost felt sick inside with that black and white scene with the king face being empty. That sh!t gave me chills.
Jan 14, 2014 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
destonyDbaby said:
pkKodama said:
destonyDbaby said:
pkKodama said:
UnbornMVs said:
pkKodama said:

No, you can't.

lol, better ? I usually dont care that much about toriko animation but damn, i did noticed here, maybe because they are currently in damn good arc. what I just see from here is just a lack of details.

Well, they added some scenes, the sword vs staff scene was the best and Koko's theme is awesome. And the next episodes are going to be even better

fearthebeard85 said:
Why the hell has half of this discussion been about Toriko?

Because people are not talking about it in the actual Toriko thread, so I tried to drag it here and guess what, it worked xD
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2011
So how would people feel if a majority of the fights in this part of the series were in slow motion? Just curious
Jan 14, 2014 1:53 PM

Jan 2012
Dangerr said:
jugann said:
Guess the narration feel felt much less apparent in the manga :/
Yeah; it's been mentioned before, but in the manga, the pace at which you can read it makes it a lot more viable as a storytelling device in apt hands (Togashi's an excellent writer). With this episode, however, the way they parsed out the scenes in extreme slow-mo with all of that narration just didn't sit right with me. Probably the biggest issue is the fact that while it worked last episode, due to the dynamic nature of the shots and spread-out scenery, the first half of this episode was all contained in the stairwell. It didn't make for the most compelling watching. It might have been a lot better if they had done some more interesting things with animation and/or use of perspective, but that was all pretty static and sub-par. While being a very straightforward adaption, which is for the most part a good thing, I thought an episode like this would've been a nice opportunity to take a few creative liberties. They played it safe, but it didn't really pay off in this instance.

Yeah, I agree with what you've said. I guess if Madhouse did experiment on the animation, it would've made the first half seem much more 'fluid'. But as you stated, the reader's pace whilst reading the manga can increase, increasing the tension tenfold.
Jan 14, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
pkKodama said:
cronosteso23 said:

Toriko is a joke? XD

No, it's not a joke.

if you say so ....
But is just that the scene of the King and Komugi. Epic
Jan 14, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
So how would people feel if a majority of the fights in this part of the series were in slow motion? Just curious

it will not.

Awesome episode :D
Jan 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
Gon’s reaction was freaking badass
And the whole episode was so intense
I mast watch it again
Jan 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Jan 2013
I heard the slow mo thing was 10secs
how many seconds are we in now ?

Jan 14, 2014 1:57 PM
Apr 2013
Wow! The last third of that episode... Utterly fascinating on so many levels. It almost brings a tear to my eye.
Jan 14, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
fearthebeard85 said:

Its not the same, in the most of cases they fight and no more
But here is important to know why Gon wanted to fight against yupi
Jan 14, 2014 1:59 PM

Oct 2011
Guilek said:
fearthebeard85 said:

it will not.

Awesome episode :D

How can you say for sure?
Jan 14, 2014 2:00 PM

Sep 2012
The narration is pissing me off at this point. It was slow in the manga and even slower here. The whole episode felt very dragged out, scenes took way longer then they should have and some dialog felt unnecessary. It still managed to cover 2 chapters and a bit, which was surprising

At least we get to see a glimpse of the greatest fight in HxH history, Youpi's fight. Hyped
Jan 14, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2011
destonyDbaby said:
I heard the slow mo thing was 10secs
how many seconds are we in now ?

scene of the destroyed stairs: 00:00:03:28
Jan 14, 2014 2:11 PM

Jan 2011
Flume said:
The narration is pissing me off at this point. It was slow in the manga and even slower here. The whole episode felt very dragged out, scenes took way longer then they should have and some dialog felt unnecessary. It still managed to cover 2 chapters and a bit, which was surprising

At least we get to see a glimpse of the greatest fight in HxH history, Youpi's fight. Hyped

as I said before the manga is simple all you need is read and no more The narrator is more natural in the manga and the slow motion was according to that
Jan 14, 2014 2:13 PM

Oct 2011
Gripsocks said:
so did netero and zeno just die?

No. They were just overwhelmed by the King's movement. It's meant to highlight how far beyond human comprehension the King is.

Jan 14, 2014 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
The chills on my arms right now. Amazing, amazing amazing amazing episode.

The narrarator just makes it even more epic.
Jan 14, 2014 2:27 PM
Apr 2013
Not gonna lie... This episode felt like ten minutes. And considering the episode went by in slow motion, that's saying something.
Jan 14, 2014 2:36 PM
May 2010
Dangerr said:
Meh episode. Didn't translate well from the manga. Madhouse's direction has generally been pretty damn good, but it was certainly not their A-game here. Same with the animation. Hoping for a better next week.

It's the same as the manga -.- There is no difference at all.
Jan 14, 2014 2:41 PM
Apr 2013
NHS-KEMISH said:
Dangerr said:
Meh episode. Didn't translate well from the manga. Madhouse's direction has generally been pretty damn good, but it was certainly not their A-game here. Same with the animation. Hoping for a better next week.

It's the same as the manga -.- There is no difference at all.
That's not what he meant though. He just said it didn't feel as right in the anime as it did in the manga... Not that I agree with him, but you see what I mean.
Jan 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2010
You know what? I felt like this was the best narration this episode could ever need.
The slow motion made me feel anxious, and that's what I needed to feel from this episode.

I don't agree with Netero and Zeno's choice though.
If it was me, I would have abandoned my humanity and attacked without considering Komugi's safety, at least for a greater good. Perhaps I feel like this because I wasn't really attached to Komugi as a character.

Just one thing I didn't really understand, why Pitou was crying?
Because of the heavy pressure from his King?

Also, This scene kinda reminded me a scene from JoJo, so I smirked.
Jan 14, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was really intense. Every fucking action made by every character.

Also Youpi look freaky as hell.
Jan 14, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2011
What a dread recap just of a different perspective.
I love it this episode was just well done.
Jan 14, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode! Presented very well. That narrator is doing a good damn job right now
Jan 14, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2007
Akanezora said:
You know what? I felt like this was the best narration this episode could ever need.
The slow motion made me feel anxious, and that's what I needed to feel from this episode.

If it was me, I would have abandoned my humanity and attacked without considering Komugi's safety, at least for a greater good. Perhaps I feel like this because I wasn't really attached to Komugi as a character.

It's pretty much the first time the king said something like "I'm counting on you" to one of the guards. If the person you were born to serve told you he needed you for the first time, you'd probably cry too.
Jan 14, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2012
The entire episode was probably happening under 2 minutes.
Jan 14, 2014 2:58 PM

Dec 2007
Acropyre said:

10 seconds actually.
Jan 14, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
Loved the episode! Feels and Chills everywhere. First 9 mins was the best I thought.
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 14, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2013
Akanezora said:

If it was me, I would have abandoned my humanity and attacked without considering Komugi's safety, at least for a greater good.
Perhaps I feel like this because I wasn't really attached to Komugi as a character.

I share your opinion, I would probably not care about her life at that moment.

But I don't think they stood there because of Komugi safety. Netero and Zeno had a black and white view of the situation, humans/hunters were good and the ants are evil. Yet here is the king of ants caring for a human girl they wounded. They expected a monster and he is a monster but even monsters are capable to love and trust others. The animation team was smart to make the part Meruem was holding Komugi black and white.

Thats why pitou was crying, the king depending on her and trusting her with the life of somebody he cares about is a big deal for a royal guard.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 14, 2014 3:04 PM

Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
edungeon said:

I felt the opposite. The narration was much better in this one than the last episode. Go figure haha
To each their own. I'll rewatch it later, when I have time. In my initial viewing experience, however, I just felt largely annoyed at the episode.

I also read the manga, and in my point of view the first part was indeed slow. Because in the manga it was just quick explanations. in the anime they tel it to us, wich takes more time than if you where to read it.
So that scene was indeed a bit slow and could be better, but the later half i actually enjoyed a lot more then i did in the manga. Actually like the part with the black and white drawn king with the silence very much. In my opinion this was a hell of a episode, though i understand your point of view.
Jan 14, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 2009
Airsyk said:
Acropyre said:

10 seconds actually.

No, the scene with the King spans a few minutes. The Youpi scene is the one that is slowed down.
Jan 14, 2014 3:05 PM

Jan 2013
is it just me or does komugi looking death looks sexy as fuck?

Jan 14, 2014 3:06 PM

Jun 2013
The episode was.... EPIC

just that nothing else
Jan 14, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2010
@SaSa777: @Airsyk:
Yeah thanks, now it makes more sense.

destonyDbaby said:
is it just me or does komugi looking death looks sexy as fuck?
With the snot out of her nose, yes.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pitou saw Netero's flashback

Diablo_07 - Jun 8

26 by arutama »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 91 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

247Eyes - Aug 3, 2013

325 by dspr »»
Today, 5:31 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 141 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2014

245 by Nerdason »»
Today, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2014

361 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2014

258 by Nerdason »»
Today, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.