Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 28, 2013 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
???

Unsatisfying, rushed clusterfuck. Well, it was a good first half.
Sep 28, 2013 6:44 AM
Jan 2012
Koybz said:
Even if they had that recap time from the last episode they probably could have brought this series to a proper closure.

Yeah, I felt like I missed something during the credits. A tad bit more closure on the ending would've been nice.
Sep 28, 2013 6:44 AM

Jul 2012
infinitymonkey said:
After seeing all that, now I'm positive that Katze is the reflection of the "darkness" inside everyone and the reason why Hajime cannot see him is because of the absence of the said "darkness" in her. When Hajime absorbed Katze, it created a balance between them. This is where Hajime's belief about "nothing is pure white or pure black" with Hajime representing former and Katze being the latter.

Nice ending. Gonna miss this show.

I think your theory makes absolute sense - it explains a lot of things I wasn't too sure about. Thanks for sharing this with us. :)

I really liked the ending, may it be incomplete or not, and i liked, that they only hinted to some things. Yeah, some information was clearly missing, but I rather like it this way than the "overexplaining" some other series do.
I like it when my imagination, intelligence and attention are challenged. "Gatchaman Crowds" wasn't big on explaination since episode 1 anyways.
And an ending like that, in my opinion, encourages a deeper and more interesting conversation/discussion afterwards.

(That's why i liked "Donnie Darko" so much - you had to watch it several times, browse through the web and/or read "The Philosophy of Time Travel" to fully understand everything. I spent hours discussing this movie with friends. Aah, good times. :D)
Sep 28, 2013 8:16 AM

Aug 2012
not what i expected, but still a good final episode. 7/10

alexsamuelss said:
I logged in just to give you guys this information. It seems like the original episode 11 was too long to play on TV. So they replace the episode 11's Part A(first half) with the special theme(I believe it was originally planned for a extra episode) and moved the orignal Part A to Part B. Episode 11's Part B was moved to episode 12's Part A and so on. This is why the ending doesn't seem to be complete. Episode 12's Part B is pretty much all taken out.
There was an article where the director of Gatchaman Crowd apologized for this. So, if we want to see what exactly happened in episode 12, we may have to wait.... Possibly until the Blueray Disc version come out.

Here is a picture of the apology http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/64a00586gw1e926unwxdxj20c80lajta.jpg

don't click this if you don't trust the site.
I couldn't find the original article. I only saw people discussing about it.

thanks! this explains a lot.

Klutz said:

(That's why i liked "Donnie Darko" so much - you had to watch it several times, browse through the web and/or read "The Philosophy of Time Travel" to fully understand everything. I spent hours discussing this movie with friends. Aah, good times. :D)

One of my fav movies :D

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 28, 2013 9:01 AM
May 2012
Oh well it ended, nice anime overall. Still, that JJ chilling there like a mofo towards the end LOL..
Sep 28, 2013 11:33 AM

May 2013
Woah the fight between OD and Katse was awesome so did OG die? and at the last part Katse trolling Hajime hahaha
Sep 28, 2013 11:39 AM
Jun 2012
alexsamuelss said:
Info

Well at least we now know WHY we're confused. I don't know why they didn't just cut scenes out of either ep 11 or shorten the scenes/number of them showing the crowds having fun.

Even with the scene being cut out, I find it strange that there was no hint that Hajime had a power like that until the end of the last ep.
Sep 28, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2009
I dont get it, the ending was so bland/boring/no closure?
And what happend to OD?
There are to many questions that are/werent answered...
6/10
Sep 28, 2013 1:53 PM

Sep 2010
phantom19 said:
Wow what a satisfying ending!! Out of the shows I watched this season, this one is definitely AOTS.

Incredible OST and very likable characters. The art style was a little strange but I felt it went well with the whole futuristic vibe.

There are a lot of things I want to say but I will make one point in particular. I think this show did a good job in showing how most people are. I think at times I forget that most people aren't nice or willing to help others. The riddle that Berg comes up for Hajime illustrates this point. However, Hajime asks what makes a hero? Notice that the Crowds users were at first using the power to wreck havoc since they had this newfound ability. No one was really using it to try and stop the other "bad users". It wasn't until Rui comes up with the idea of it being a game and gaining points do the people start to fight against the criminals. So these now "do-gooders", should they be considered heroes? Their helping is now secondary to them gaining for themselves points and trying to out do one another. Notice when that woman who saved the grandfather and child. She was more concerned with the points she'd get than with the actual saving. So both sides of the fight are acting on self interest. So what exactly makes a hero? Very strong way to put that good and evil aren't so clear cut and possibly don't exist.

Again, this was AOTS without a doubt. I don't rank usually but I'll give this an 8/10 solid.

...Hajime answers this by singing: "everyone is a hero." Hajime always agreed with Rui. It's even in the interviews. Galax helped her, after all, she adhered to Galax's viewpoint, but added her own application too.

The only time they clashed was about the Gatchaman place in the world which Rui came into terms with it (and his own insecurity, that's why his Note changes to a regular Gatchaman Note).
Sep 28, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2012
The only thing good about this show is Rui sexy legs

5/10
Sep 28, 2013 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
I enjoyed OD vs Katze while it lasted... Overall was a pretty underwhelming ending.

At the end, I was assuming that Hajime was just talking to Katze like normal.

I thought the series started better than it ended (had good energy)... it kept losing steam as it went though.
4/10 (below average)
Sep 28, 2013 11:07 PM

Aug 2010
sigh, typical nakamura ending with little closure and some confusion. My series score is 7/10, was a solid 8 before this last episode...
Sep 29, 2013 12:11 AM

Nov 2009
Uh-huh, after what alexsamuelss said, I get why the series feels incomplete - there're literally quite a few things skipped in the finale. Looks like we gotta wait till the BD Box comes out in January to get the full picture...
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 29, 2013 1:35 AM

Jun 2011
I really expected more of the ending. The date was left off screen which was sad. The solution to solving the Crowds was also poorly done.

However the the mc, Hajime, was really memorable and well voiced so thats a plus.

8/10
Sep 29, 2013 1:54 AM

Dec 2011
Wait..... Is Katze inside of Hajime?!?!? If so, how did he get in there? Was he always there to begin with?? I'm so confused.......
Sep 29, 2013 3:54 AM

Jan 2013
Only if it had one more episode for proper ending with proper pace.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Sep 29, 2013 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
GATCHA OFF! XD
damn OD is really awesome :3
wait IS HE DEAD? I'M NOT SEEING HIM IN THE END!
and katze henshin AWESOME too :3

damn I really want galax application in real world lol :3
Sep 29, 2013 4:59 AM
Apr 2011
Katze became her boobs? :X

OVA or 2nd season is required...otherwise that epilogue was totally unnecessary.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Sep 29, 2013 5:29 AM

Jun 2009
Wow what.
... I MEAN ... SRLSLY?!????
Katze became Hajimes boobs or what?
And whats happened with OD-san and Utsutsu und Jou-san?!???????? OD-SAN?!???? I was like "Cry and cry more", I don't get it?!?????
Sep 29, 2013 5:44 AM

Apr 2008
I liked the ending. then again, I do tend to like shows that doesn't force explanations to everything. The message was really good and although executed weirdly, I found it enjoyable and it was wrapped up rather well.
Here are my thoughts on some aspects:

Hajime/Katze: they are both right and what they say is sensible. They are similar in the way of perceiving the surroundings, they differ in execution. that's why they get along rather too well. Hajime absorbing Katze was a smart move I did not expect. whether with fists or words, she managed to tame -not kill- him. Why now not earlier? most likely because she couldn't until now, whether he was physically weakened after his fight with OD, or after he was spiritually down after being ignored by everyone.
As they frequently mention, Katze doesn't destroy things directly but rather choose to n=manipulate. So killing him is not necessary, ignoring him is enough, we all learned not to feed the troll.

JJ: why isn't he doing anything? because it's not his job. he is there to gives the gift of gatchaman and prophecies. what beings do with these gifts is their business.

Heroism: is not easy to define. if you do a heroic act with not so heroic intentions, are you still a hero? if you wanted to help someone but ended doing something bad, are you evil? what is more important, the act or the intent?

8/10
Sep 29, 2013 10:48 AM

Jul 2013
TooFy said:
I liked the ending. then again, I do tend to like shows that doesn't force explanations to everything. The message was really good and although executed weirdly, I found it enjoyable and it was wrapped up rather well.
Here are my thoughts on some aspects:

Hajime/Katze: they are both right and what they say is sensible. They are similar in the way of perceiving the surroundings, they differ in execution. that's why they get along rather too well. Hajime absorbing Katze was a smart move I did not expect. whether with fists or words, she managed to tame -not kill- him. Why now not earlier? most likely because she couldn't until now, whether he was physically weakened after his fight with OD, or after he was spiritually down after being ignored by everyone.
As they frequently mention, Katze doesn't destroy things directly but rather choose to n=manipulate. So killing him is not necessary, ignoring him is enough, we all learned not to feed the troll.

JJ: why isn't he doing anything? because it's not his job. he is there to gives the gift of gatchaman and prophecies. what beings do with these gifts is their business.

Heroism: is not easy to define. if you do a heroic act with not so heroic intentions, are you still a hero? if you wanted to help someone but ended doing something bad, are you evil? what is more important, the act or the intent?

8/10

Your explanation of the ending made feel better on why episode 12 ended the way it did. Thank you
Sep 29, 2013 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
-MgZ_ said:
8/10

I don't really know what to say. Yes, it was confusing but that's the reason I loved it. I really hope we get some explanation in the BD.

You took the words out of my mouth!
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Sep 30, 2013 12:53 AM

Oct 2009
Great till the end, dafuq just happened i get that she somehow 'absorbed' Katze, but it wasn't a proper ending at ALL, it was just so abrupt like they ran out of time! >.<!!!!! I loved the show till the end, would've given it 9/10 if not for the ending. They better do a sequel OVA at least.
/sad

8/10
Sep 30, 2013 3:02 AM
Apr 2008
Some people loving the ending, some people hating the ending, everyone debating it on GALA- er, the Internet - 10/10 for the well-played meta-ending.
Sep 30, 2013 3:10 AM

Oct 2009
Professorohki said:
Some people loving the ending, some people hating the ending, everyone debating it on GALA- er, the Internet - 10/10 for the well-played meta-ending.

Wow, congrats on your first post, senpai!
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 30, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2012
great ending!!! been waiting for this kind of series.
Sep 30, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Heart pumping episode!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 30, 2013 11:21 PM

Dec 2010
Well that was a rather odd ending...

I wish they would have explained what went down between Katze and Hajime, but it was still an interesting series, but not one of my favorites of the season...

8/10
Oct 1, 2013 5:55 AM
Jan 2011
Riez said:
alexsamuelss said:
I logged in just to give you guys this information. It seems like the original episode 11 was too long to play on TV. So they replace the episode 11's Part A(first half) with the special theme(I believe it was originally planned for a extra episode) and moved the orignal Part A to Part B. Episode 11's Part B was moved to episode 12's Part A and so on. This is why the ending doesn't seem to be complete. Episode 12's Part B is pretty much all taken out.
There was an article where the director of Gatchaman Crowd apologized for this. So, if we want to see what exactly happened in episode 12, we may have to wait.... Possibly until the Blueray Disc version come out.

Here is a picture of the apology http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/64a00586gw1e926unwxdxj20c80lajta.jpg

don't click this if you don't trust the site.
I couldn't find the original article. I only saw people discussing about it.

^ THIS. THANKS. LOVING YA !

Ok... what's with the dogeza and are you telling me this anime is incomplete? OMG! There's hope people, there's hope.

TQ
Oct 2, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2012
And I called it. Back when Katze first appeared I said I could see epic action at the end but definitely the consistent message in this anime is that violence and confrontation is not the way to go and so I predicted Katze would not be defeated at the end but would only be tamed. And so it seems to turn out, even though how he was tamed is not explained. I can see definitely the episode runs out of space and story gets jumpy near the end.

What alexsamuelss said about ep.11 being too long puzzles me - if they cut out the recap part of ep.11 part A, shouldn't it be 12 minutes or so extra space for the final actions? I wonder whether the real reason is not ep.11 being too long for TV broadcast but in fact the staff ran out of time to make ep.11 and so stuff half of the episode with recap footage which ended up meaning insufficient space to tell the whole story.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 10:52 AM

Jul 2010
Holy shit. What a conclusion. It was quite confusionary but after reflecting, it had a sense.

Anyway, Joe, OD, Katze and the prime minister are the best characters. OST 10/10, I fucking love Iwasaki. Hajime was hilarious as fuck. Great CG and art.

I'll give it 8/10.
Oct 2, 2013 10:53 AM

Oct 2012
did katze become hajime's oppais?

^ Why isn't this updating...
Oct 2, 2013 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Pizuya said:

Yes he did. How I envy him.
Oct 2, 2013 11:05 AM

Sep 2012
Pizuya said:
It is hard to tell where the voice of Katze came from except it seems to be from somewhere close to Hajime. So is he part of her body now? Or inside some accessories she is wearing? Or actually became part of her mind? We don't quite know, much less how Katze got to that end.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 7:53 PM

Feb 2010
Pizuya said:

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Oct 3, 2013 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Just finished Gatchaman! And that was pretty cool :)

But... Where is Utsutsu!?
Maybe saved OD or something like this... Same for JJ where is he?

Well hope for a season 2! :)

That was great, OST and all... GREAT!

9/10!
KamenNHKOct 3, 2013 3:41 PM
Oct 3, 2013 11:37 PM

Jan 2012
Here's the dealio. The show was a good run, and I don't mind open ended anime, but

JJ doing nothing,

Mess randomly appearing

OD dying with not even a mention of him (Even if Hajime knew about it she wouldn't be sad because she is for some reason unable to compute emotions like sadness or frustration. Sociopath.)

Katze miraculous full body recovery, soom followed by a total disappearance and then after which he becomes a voice inside of Hajime's head

Just to name a few...

You can always not explain something in a show and lazily call it "deep", "open ended", or a "perspective anime", but there's certain info you can let people decipher on their own and things that could be explained or just not even mentioned like the Mess which had no significance in the story except to illustrate how unconventional everything Hajime does is.

The fact of the matter is they brought elements into the story that captured your interest and due to this they are obligated to satisfy this or they cannot expect people to appreciate it.

Some questions I have:

How did Katze turn into a voice?

When could Hajime absorb invisible aliens?

How could she be sure if she did, she wouldn't be affected negatively by this?

Why didn't she do it earlier and avoid senseless deaths which she wouldn't care about any way?

If OD couldn't destroy Katze in a ten minute battle, why should I believe Hajime can absorb and control him indefinitely?

My questions are never ending. So I have th stop here.

Rating: 7/10.

Like I said earlier. Live the characters, art, music, comedy, action, it's great. The show had a good run. The ending was not open ended to me but neglected. Needs a second season.

On a positive note, if there were a second season and Hajime did in fact absorb Katze, maybe Hajime would be a more emotionally well rounded and believable person. Especially seeing how overly negative he is compared to her overly, frivolous, lackadaisical, positivity. Who knows.
Oct 4, 2013 10:48 PM
Oct 2013
i was lurking around for answers figured it out haha i had to register just to post here i figured it out

-Hajime never absorbed katze or antyhing, he's just hanging around her by his own volition trying to make her negative (which is his entire deal in the story, exposing the dark side of people).

The key is in their dialogues with each other.

-There's a conversation in the show where Hajime mentions that Katze wont leave until he's stopped having fun.

-And there's another conversation they had in the last episode where Katze was asking her to be honest and tell him how badly she wants to kill him.

Since Hajime has been way too happy the entire time, Katze is trying to turn her to the dark side by just hanging around her and telling her negative things. He actually accomplishes this with other people, but the difference is Hajime has zero darkness in her.

It probably explains why she couldn't see him the entire show. She has absolutely no evil intent in her, and if Katze's power is basically taking the evil in people and exposing it, then she probably couldn't see him because there isnt a bad bone in her entire body. (Katze is originally confused by this, responding to his apparent invisibility by saying 'but im right here')

Katze is having fun trying to make her evil, so he wont leave. But Hajime has not shown any signs of having a dark side at all the entire series.

The red necktie is because she advanced a year, and also its symbolism to show that Katze is just hanging around her.

MESS was there to remind the viewer of how Hajime deals with her enemies. Because 'fighting will never change the world'. She decided to make Katze her friend by asking him out and baiting him into having fun trying to turn her evil.
Oct 5, 2013 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
Okay so Hajime absorbed Katse somehow? How the heck did that happen?

Regardless, awesome show. I give it a 8/10 with a don!
Oct 5, 2013 8:44 AM
Sep 2009
Woaah I'm so late keke~ I wasn't so caught by this series in the beginning so I decided to watch it later (today). I really adored Hajime through the entire series I think she was the reason I kept watching.. or maybe was senpai too cute~ keke~

I was so confused by the ending so I decided to drop by the forum discussion to see what people's guesses were and WOAH you guys are so deep!! Thank you for sharing your opinions and thought I feel like I understand the ending now I and was able to rate it higher than originally thought. I still hope there will be some OVAs or maybe a second season just because I would like to see more to the characters and hopefully get some of my question answered officially from the makers.

I have to be honest and say it wasn't even near my AOTS but hey I enjoyed it a lot and would recommend it to others if they like this kind of series also.. maybe it's only because I'm a shipping fangirl monster but yeah Katze and Hajime and all but I was really hoping for some romance between Sugane and Hajime~ Oh the senpai kouhai ship ~ but well I think the ending was nice made and I totally accept!!
Oct 6, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
cheesepuff said:

MESS was there to remind the viewer of how Hajime deals with her enemies. Because 'fighting will never change the world'. She decided to make Katze her friend by asking him out and baiting him into having fun trying to turn her evil.
Precisely, I said quite early in the show (when Katze first appeared) that I believe at the end Katze would not be defeated, much less killed, but would only be tamed or pacified, which seems to be what is happening here. Though I am sure they have missed out showing something that took place before the epilogue. Things look a bit confusing as it is.

Oct 6, 2013 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Well, I just marathon this today and well, I really like the first half of the season tbh but the couple last episodes was not that appealing to me. Though I would say doing some CROWDS clean up around the city was entertaining and the ending was decent.

I would give this and 8/10.

Oct 7, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2012
Haha that ending his plan were all destroyed, great ending I must say to this quite amazing anime series full of nice development, great characters and a pretty decent buildup towards this good end!
Oct 8, 2013 11:25 AM

May 2012
The ending felt really sudden, which doesn't sit well with me. Katze's presence at the end isn't my main concern, to be honest. What happened to OD, Jou, and Utsutsu? Is OD dead or just... comatose?? And the army of MESS that swarm in at the end seemed really unnecessary, the reason given by cheesepuff notwithstanding. I have to say this episode and the whole anime get a 7/10 from me.
Oct 9, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
It's true many unanswered questions came out of that ending. Mine is whether those who lost their CROWDS, going up against Katze, woke up from their coma. I'd feel bad for the little girl who was digging a grave for her hospitalized father. If they did wake up, I'd be curious to know how they'd react to how the world was updated. And couldn't Katze just take away the CROWDS if using them is having the opposite effect? "World Downgraded"... much.

I can see many viewers would like to see a second season; but then I'd suggest you watch the other version, Kagaku Ninja-Tai Gatchaman, if you haven't already, which has a second season BTW. I don't have any plans to, considering questions will still go unanswered.

I read a few other comments too. There are too many things to consider implementing into a second season that I don't thing they'd go through with it. I'll miss the opening of this anime most. I was satisfied enough to accept whatever ending they came up with, so I won't ask for more. It's clear Gatchaman will no long be need unless a suggestion, such as my own or someone else's in this thread came true; however, that's very unlikely.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Oct 9, 2013 9:44 PM
Jun 2012
Hajime and Katze are polar opposites of each other. If Hajime did absorb Katze this is how I think it happened/how they'll show it in the BD, if they show it.

Just before the credits we see Hajime waiting for her date with Katze.
They walk around, verbally spar etc, etc.
Date ends.
They kiss which makes Katze think and feel like Hajime, which psychologicaly kicks his ass.
Maybe it's because his defences are down, or because he is temperarily thinking like Hajime, but they are able to merge. I personally think that the bigger factor was that Katze wants to have fun, and always had the most fun while talking/sparing with Hajime.

Some other points that I think point to merging.

- Katze says that he cannot see what she sees which suggests that he is inside her and not simply invisible to the camera like we often saw before. Her tie is red now because time has passed and she is in the next grade. We see other students in ep 1 with a red tie as well.

- Katze believes in speaking honestly, or at least what he believes is the honest truth. He often coments that he likes Hajime because she is so honest.

- Katze says many times that he likes Hajime and always is shown having fun when interacting with her, and fun is what Katze is after most of all. Hajime also seems to find fun in many things and actively seeks it out. The difference of course being the thing that they find most fun.

- When Katze is causing chaos he talks several times about doing it "for fuel." Hajime says in ep 1 that she is very hungry but we're shown that her lunch is only 1/4 eaten. She looks bored and after she gets her NOTE she heads off to where the other Gotchaman are and says that she thinks that by going she will "fill her belly."

- Hajime's powers revolve around her love of making collages, which is the act of putting many different images together in interesting ways. Perhaps one of those powers is the ability to "merge" someone together with her.

That's all I can think of right now, but I think it's a strong case.

Wow, that was a lot more then I first planned on saying.
Thanks for reading!
Oct 17, 2013 8:01 PM
Jun 2012
I rewatched the last ep and I can't believe I didn't catch on to this sooner. The answer has been staring us in the face the whole time.
People have been saying that a bunch of MESS showing up was pointless and ramdon but it won't be once the scenes that didn't make it into the TV ver come out.

What did the MESS spend the first part of the show doing? Absorbing people and things. Hajime befriended a MESS and I'm guessing they'll be the vital link for Hajime and Katze merging.

Maybe this has been posted already, I don't know. I haven't read all 8 pages of this thread. :)
Oct 19, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2008
Irenesharda said:
Asrialys said:
lol I think it was somewhat apparent from the first episode, and following ones, that they wouldn't explain anything.The best the viewers can do is watch and listen. And there's nothing wrong with using the official website and perhaps any materials in the home video release to provide some further information. It's not unusual to urge the audience to check out the website for more information. Heck, even Servant x Service was always encouraging viewers to go to the website after the ending credits. That's not a particularly complex show.

I find that extremely lazy. A show or movie should be able to stand on their own without a person having to look up supplementary material. That why it's called "supplementary". What happens when the website's no longer up, or the information is no longer available? A movie or show should be able to be seen alone and still be enjoyable and understandable by its audience.

I agree with this. If you wanted to make a confusing ending then hat that's but giving a half ending and trying to explain things threw a website makes you wonder why didn't they put them in the show in the first place.
It's the same reason i never think any Fate series is great because without a tone of explanations from V.N and light novels etc they make no damn sense in many parts and they should be able to stand on their own as a show..
Oct 21, 2013 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
that was meh.
I'm another fool who started this because of a loli in a small bikini then I started to like hajime but then she became annoying and the ecchi never increased so I kept watching for the transformations, fights and plot but that was a letdown too,
Oct 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Oct 2007
^
I like your way of watching anime and the way you adapt to what you are watching and yet that was the reason that caused your downfall LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Jul 12, 2013

299 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 7, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2013

122 by CartoonVelocirap »»
Dec 14, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2013

93 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 19, 2023 2:31 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VioLink - Sep 13, 2013

103 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2013

128 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.