Forum Settings
Forums
New
Who will rule anime in 2011?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 8, 2011 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Haven't heard of Madoka till recently (like 4 weeks ago) still need to finish Steins;Gate.
Is it worth watching Madoka? Is it that good?

Sep 8, 2011 11:31 AM

Jun 2011
origami-samurai said:
Haven't heard of Madoka till recently (like 4 weeks ago) still need to finish Steins;Gate.
Is it worth watching Madoka? Is it that good?

It's good. But the first 2 episodes are mehish.
Sep 8, 2011 11:59 AM

Mar 2011
Is this even a question?
On one side something with good characters, a good plot, and moreover an intelligent anime which makes you use your brain and theorize a lot, on the other side, an anime which have as only interest interest is to be grimdark with "cute" girls. Okay.
for a shaft anime, it was pretty meh.
I don't "hate" Madoka but killing your character before any developement is NOT a good idea. At all.
plus, the "deep" part is only pseudophilosophy. If this is supposed to be deep, then steins is even deeper, since it takes a LOT, a WHOLE LOT from existing sciences and criticize it a lot if it is needed.
Basically, the best things of the show were Homura and Kyouko. Aside from this, it wasn't bad, but even compared to Nanoha... Keh, no, thx.

Ep10 of madoka was GODLY though. Damn, this episode. Too bad the end is one of the worst I've ever seen in any media of my whole life, it could have saved the show. Ep10 gave me a lot of hopes.

Doesn't make any real sense. Not unless Okabe has been sliding instead of time travailing.

Sorry but no. Almost everything make sense.
And yes, it's more liking sliding than time traveling. Ever read about the MWI the show is all about?
willardhwrightSep 8, 2011 12:03 PM
Sep 8, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2011
Well the vote bar has S;G shitting on Madoka, and its pretty likely that most who voted saw both series, so that's good enough for me. XD
Sep 8, 2011 12:58 PM

Oct 2010
Valkyrie-Ryu said:
ringoo4 said:
You said off topic? I'm off topic because 'this thread shouldn't even exist'! It is shit thread, and shit posts are being made with needless but shit reasoning for comparisons. Why should I not join this awesome flame bait?
u mad bro?
Oh ROFL! Still LMAO! Best shit ever.
Oosran said:
darkro90 said:
Mormegil said:
Steins;Gate=Ano Hana > Madoka
This.
Wait, what?
I can accept that Madoka is somewhat good, but AnoHana less than a light year from Steins;Gate? No way.
Oh please Ano Hana is very close to this except in a totally different genre. You can't deny that both threads have powerful emotional responses. So there you have it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 8, 2011 1:14 PM
May 2011
Gotta say how completely bias this thread is gonna be if your only posting it in the Steins;gate forum just saying.

But my answer would be Madoka, madoka by far. The art and music were all beauitful, story wise; Madoka they got through it great. Steins;gate, their story was completely confusing and boring in the beginning with all this science stuff but got much better as time went on. Madoka to me did give off Yuri vibes to me x-x, SG...Okabe x Kurisu ruined it. They could've done far much better without that and I found it kinda sudden since alot of the story halfway focused on Mayuri...and Okabe's desperate-ness to save her yet she wasn't the one he cared about the most. ( don't hate on my post Im just stating my opinion ).
ban1o.jpg
Sep 8, 2011 1:15 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Oh please Ano Hana is very close to this except in a totally different genre.

Your point is irrelevant. This entire thread would be pointless (more so than it already is) if everyone were to allow the difference in genre to stop them from comparing multiple shows to each other.
Sep 8, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
RyuKirin said:
Gotta say how completely bias this thread is gonna be if your only posting it in the Steins;gate forum just saying.

Why are people saying this? This logic makes absolutely NO sense. This not a S;G club or anything, this is only a thread where ANYBODY with ANY opinion can vote. As most of the responses show, MOST people who voted and are responding saw BOTH series. It doesn't make a difference where the thread is, people saw both, and they are choosing. And we will act like the fact you are pro Madoka doesn't have anything with you saying this is bias voting.
Sep 8, 2011 1:49 PM

Apr 2010
Hey guys, here's my opinion!

Steins;Gate=Madoka=Anohana

They're all great shows, they each have good qualities that the other two don't.

Anohana is a great drama.
Madoka is a great psychological adventure.
Steins;Gate is a great sci-fi thriller.
Sep 8, 2011 2:14 PM
Dec 2009
Solkiskey said:

They're all great shows, they each have good qualities that the other two don't.

Agreed. They're all completely different from each other and they're all good in their own ways.
You win this thread. The other opinions in this thread are really annoying.
Sep 8, 2011 2:22 PM

Feb 2011
I have not seen AnoHana, but I haven't really heard anything about it being exceptional until now. Would I like it if I like Madoka and S;G?
Sep 8, 2011 2:23 PM

Dec 2010
Xiao97 said:
Solkiskey said:

Agreed. They're all completely different from each other and they're all good in their own ways.

Just because they are different genres it doesn't mean one cannot (indeed, it is surely impossible to like any two things entirely equally) have a preference over the other.
Sep 8, 2011 2:32 PM
Dec 2009
Jack_Rav said:
Xiao97 said:
Solkiskey said:

Just because they are different genres it doesn't mean one cannot (indeed, it is surely impossible to like any two things entirely equally) have a preference over the other.

Well it's been said before, but Madoka can't be entirely compared to Steins;Gate, and there have been many pointless arguments throughout this whole thread, and in the end they all are pretty much good.
Sep 8, 2011 2:49 PM

Mar 2011

Well it's been said before, but Madoka can't be entirely compared to Steins;Gate, and there have been many pointless arguments throughout this whole thread, and in the end they all are pretty much good.

then you cannot compare ANYTHING and then any ranking is useless. Which is your opinion, okay.

but god, I don't understand, why do people who hate to see other people's opinions and people arguing even go in a thread which have this name?
I'm okay for discussing opinions with Madoka-fanboy who are not okay with me, I've done this during the whole time Madoka was airing.
but saying that "opinion are useless, period, everything is great, you all are annoying" in a thread like this...? hu? It's specifically a thread about opinions. And I don't think there is 15 threads like this on the front page, it shouldn't be too distrubing.

I have not seen AnoHana, but I haven't really heard anything about it being exceptional until now. Would I like it if I like Madoka and S;G?
I think that they don't have enough things in common to say this. Anohana also play a lot on emotions, etc, but in a different way than steins.
Sep 8, 2011 2:52 PM

Jan 2011
^^^ Plus 1.

Why come to a thread that CLEARLY is a voting thread to choose if you're just gonna come in here and complain that you can't choose?

Then don't come in the thread? o.O
Sep 8, 2011 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
RyuKirin said:

But my answer would be Madoka, madoka by far. The art and music were all beauitful, story wise; Madoka they got through it great. Steins;gate, their story was completely confusing and boring in the beginning with all this science stuff but got much better as time went on. Madoka to me did give off Yuri vibes to me x-x, SG...Okabe x Kurisu ruined it. They could've done far much better without that and I found it kinda sudden since alot of the story halfway focused on Mayuri...and Okabe's desperate-ness to save her yet she wasn't the one he cared about the most. ( don't hate on my post Im just stating my opinion ).

You're talking about story when you can't even comprehend the situation the S;G has.
Courtesy of Paul
Sep 8, 2011 3:10 PM
Dec 2009
willardhwright said:

then you cannot compare ANYTHING and then any ranking is useless. Which is your opinion, okay.

but god, I don't understand, why do people who hate to see other people's opinions and people arguing even go in a thread which have this name?
I'm okay for discussing opinions with Madoka-fanboy who are not okay with me, I've done this during the whole time Madoka was airing.
but saying that "opinion are useless, period, everything is great, you all are annoying" in a thread like this...? hu? It's specifically a thread about opinions. And I don't think there is 15 threads like this on the front page, it shouldn't be too distrubing.

Well I actually first came to see other people opinions, and I don't have a problem with that. I'm not saying the other opinions are useless, but I really thought that the flaming was ridiculous. I think they are all good and there's nothing wrong with that.
Sep 8, 2011 3:20 PM

Aug 2009
RedMage23 said:

Well if you liked Steins;Gate and Madoka for its drama, then the answer is yes. If not, then I don't know.
-Fixing-
Sep 8, 2011 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Jack_Rav said:
Xiao97 said:
Solkiskey said:

Just because they are different genres it doesn't mean one cannot (indeed, it is surely impossible to like any two things entirely equally) have a preference o

over the other.

Hence why I stated 'Here's my opinion' =P
Sep 8, 2011 4:19 PM
Jul 2010
LOL, reading this thread feels like watching Jersey Shore - lots of "fuck; shit; etc etc" & fights all the time & needless drama. STFU already, everybody has their own opinion and point of view and everybody is different, that's why WE ARE PEOPLE! Have you met people? They've got personalities, ya know... So deal with it and just vote on the friggin poll... >.<
Edit: Do NOT tell me I'm changing teams, I just posted my thoughts and couldn't have cared less about what other people(neither you here, nor THE "critics"). Nuff said.
TheHollowShrineSep 8, 2011 4:23 PM
Sep 8, 2011 5:07 PM

Jan 2011
You CAN like a apple better than a orange though
Sep 8, 2011 5:11 PM

Aug 2009
Solkiskey said:
Oooh this is going to be very fun.
You should learn what an opinion is. Nodame Cantabile, in my opinion, is better than K-On because it has less moe, BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE MOE. Do you understand now? Comprehension 101 anyone? (I know I'm being repetitive, but god HOW CAN YOU BE SO DENSE?) This isn't about reasoning or whatever. I don't like this show because there's an aspect of it that bothers me-- that's it. I prefer XXX over XXX because there's less ecchi in the first one. I don't really like ecchi, thus, it's normal for me to prefer the one with less ecchi, right?
Of course not, since you know all about opinions and you should tell us how to write them. Might as well tell us what to like and what not to like? I mean, we're all ignorants and you know everything.
... Steins;Gate killed moe? huhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Higurashi and Madoka may not be THAT similar, but, at base, they're pretty similar with the time loops and, how would you call it, the 'moe killing' twist. Then again, I found both shows pretty similar, they just had a different theme.

'This thread shouldn't exist' isn't a good reason for being offtopic. Continue being like that and I'll report you for spamming, even though you probably won't care.

Btw, the word 'fuck' doesn't make your argument any stronger. =)

ONTOPIC : In the end, I think Madoka and Steins;Gate shouldn't be compared, as they're completely different shows dealing with different values.
When you said 'I hate moe' you instantly proves yourself that you really know NOTHING about moe. Moe is has extremely ambiguous concept, even Nodame herself falls in area of of moe. What is moe?? Cute girl doing cute things? Tuturu anyone? So since you hate moe, you hate Tuturu, you hate tsun tsun kurisu too. That's why it is very very very 'stupid reason!!!' lol I say 'fuck' or 'shit in order to make you mad. Haven't you realised it doh hoh? You didn't even disagreed what my policy of 'not disagreeing but saying it is shit'. As I said, I don't fuckin care how belives what or not. If they are providing good reasoning or logical analysis, or admits its just their own opinion or taste, I don't fuckin care. If they don't, that means it is stupid.

and again, the reason that this entire thread is trash is none other than this;

nextday said:
It's like you're not even trying, OP.
kei-clone said:
Random "xxx vs. yyy" threads should generally go to spam forum. Basically "Death Note vs. Bleach" = spam, while "Haruhi Season 1 vs. Haruhi Season 2" has its own merits, so should go into one of the Haruhi discussion boards.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=26613

Hey hey, look! It should go to spam forum! Moderators are clever since they know it is shit and better for spamming. Thus, I will 'pre' spam this thread before it goes to the right place. am-i-right????
waterflame said:
LOL, reading this thread feels like watching Jersey Shore - lots of "fuck; shit; etc etc" & fights all the time & needless drama. STFU already, everybody has their own opinion and point of view and everybody is different, that's why WE ARE PEOPLE! Have you met people? They've got personalities, ya know... So deal with it and just vote on the friggin poll... >.<
Edit: Do NOT tell me I'm changing teams, I just posted my thoughts and couldn't have cared less about what other people(neither you here, nor THE "critics"). Nuff said.
Lol needless dramas? What is good thing about internet without those?

Valkyrie-Ryu said:
willardhwright said:
I believe it's called 'masochism'.
No, it is called having fun... oh wait, it is same. Well, I guess I am true SM fetish idiot. u.u~~

Jack_Rav said:

The problem is that it doesn't end with just providing 'preference'. They put needless babbling around it, in order to make it look cool, even though it is shit.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
You CAN like a apple better than a orange though
But if people say 'Orange is inferior to Apple since orange has more moe than apple', that would be stupid.
ringoo4Sep 8, 2011 5:15 PM
Sep 8, 2011 5:31 PM
Mar 2011
ilike to compare things in the same genre but get shot down for doing so

so to compare a sci fi to a Maho shojo is never going to make sense
is like compareing Utena to Dragonball or Gintama to LOGH it makes no sense when two genre reliy on diffterent story techs

whie is a prefect compareison to t do
bebop to LOGH or Bebop to GE999 all three mentioned are space Opera so they reily on same methods of story telling

there are only 32 stylesof story telling but 2 or 3 tropes will always crossover if manga anime or even movies are in the same movies or of same gnere thats why very say 30 to 100 yaers that a genre defing work that Decons all the tropes of that genre
gundam and mazinger z made the two mecha genres Eva decon one top wo nare decon the other

None of the anime in this thread either made a genre or decon it

nither of these show s have cuased a total polar shift in the fandom or the indutey like say Eva did for example after EVa somthong happened for he first Time in 15 or so years a Sunrise Mecha got the Axe last time that happed was Ideon in the eirly 80's

Rant over
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 8, 2011 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
You've got to be kidding me; Modoka FAILSSSSSSSSSSSS in comparison to Steins;Gate.
Sep 8, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2010
ringoo4 said:
When you said 'I hate moe' you instantly proves yourself that you really know NOTHING about moe. Moe is has extremely ambiguous concept, even Nodame herself falls in area of of moe. What is moe?? Cute girl doing cute things? Tuturu anyone? So since you hate moe, you hate Tuturu, you hate tsun tsun kurisu too. That's why it is very very very 'stupid reason!!!' lol I say 'fuck' or 'shit in order to make you mad. Haven't you realised it doh hoh? You didn't even disagreed what my policy of 'not disagreeing but saying it is shit'. As I said, I don't fuckin care how belives what or not. If they are providing good reasoning or logical analysis, or admits its just their own opinion or taste, I don't fuckin care. If they don't, that means it is stupid.

Notice how I said I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has LESS moe. I do not like moe, but I can TOLERATE it. Learn to read for god's sake. And I don't like Mayurii, nor do I like the tsundere side of Kurisu. They're both noisy and annoying. =)
Saying fuck or shit to make me mad? I hope you're expecting a failure.
Okay, so, in your point of view, an opinion is ONLY valid if you actually state it is an opinion? lolwut? Deduct that yourself, do you need to be spoonfed all the time? And I don't disagree with your 'policy' of yours, I STRONGLY disagree with it. It's just stupid
how you think you're above everyone else. Sit the hell down.

Your late sentence makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not even going to respond to it.

Thank you for entertaining me today though. You're really something, hahahaha.

Orange and apple with moe? Lol? Dude, atleast give a legit example if you want us to take you seriously.
Sep 8, 2011 6:15 PM

Jun 2009
Kyouma_y said:
If your mind can't interpret the epicness that is Steins;Gate, I recommend you to read "The Far Valhella" before you go on your rampage of saying anything more nonsense than "plot holes", unless you can at least appreciate the concepts of causality, MWI, Self-consistency Principle etc. First, Steins;Gate ain't no time traveling. Second, Makise Shouitsu is a jerk and other casts boring because you take things at face value. Third, your whole logic is merely speaking out loud your dislike of Steins;Gate.

Mate, it's not that I can't interpret it. It's because I can. It's because I can predict it. I can guess accurately how the plot will progress. So much of the "epicness" has no effect on me. I would be glad to read that book. I am never one to turn down a story. However could you spell the title correctly for me? Because I searched for that and can't find it anywhere. So either you misspelled it or it's obscure. First, correct me if I was wrong but wasn't this show supposed to be about time travel? Second, I never miss even the slightest hint of a deeper character so please don't assume that because I find the characters boring it means that I don't understand them. Third....you are right about this one. But explaining my opinion in massive paragraphs only results in wasting my time and getting responses of TL; DR.

Kyouma_y said:
The answer is both yes and no. Yes, the Chaos;Head anime is a miserable bullcrap. And NO, the failed anime adaption *point at Madhouse* has nothing to do with the original VN which is fairly good if not excellent. I'm sorry you couldn't even realise these two things are in two totally different universes. AND I'll just leave this whole Hayashi vs Gen thingy, for there will be people that would KINDLY discuss with you I'm sure.

I was referring to the visual novel. Not the anime. I played the visual novel first and was sorely disappointed by it. Especially after that excellent start.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Sep 8, 2011 6:19 PM

Apr 2010
Where would you fin that 'Far Valhalla' story?
Sep 8, 2011 6:21 PM

Aug 2009
Solkiskey said:
Notice how I said I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because it has LESS moe. I do not like moe, but I can TOLERATE it. Learn to read for god's sake. And I don't like Mayurii, nor do I like the tsundere side of Kurisu. They're both noisy and annoying. =)
'LESS' moe? You just said 'LESS' moe? Moe is fuckin 'CONCEPT'. There is no such thing as 'less' moe or 'more' moe. If you say something like 'character ONLY has moe without depth', that would be argument that I will have absolutely no problem with. The entire Steins;Gate female cast is already creation of moe concept, or Nadame character also belongs to some stereotypes but because of their 'depth', those are negated.

Okay, so, in your point of view, an opinion is ONLY valid if you actually state it is an opinion? lolwut? Deduct that yourself, do you need to be spoonfed all the time? And I don't disagree with your 'policy' of yours, I STRONGLY disagree with it. It's just stupid
I said I don't care about OPINION! I said care about 'stupidity' or 'shittyness' in reasoning! In case of this post right above you;

gingabishounen said:
You've got to be kidding me; Modoka FAILSSSSSSSSSSSS in comparison to Steins;Gate.
I don't even bother to respond it, because he isn't saying any other stupid reasons to support the thing. He hates Madoka. Puff. Done. Nothing I can do about it. Now, if someone say stupid reasons behind it, I attack it. If someone say some-what understandable reasons, I discuss 'without' attacking. That's my policy, and I'm pretty it isn't just me who does this.

Of course I'm 'above everyone else', just like 'everyone else' also think about themselves. Booyeah.

Your late sentence makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not even going to respond to it.
You don't, either. u.u~~
Sep 8, 2011 6:53 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
...and thus the flame wars starts. Seriously, moderators should not allow such thread to be made simply because of.... well you all know what I mean <__<

My personal rating of series (I rate shows high so 8 is really just my average ratings):

Madoka: 8/10 (again, my personal enjoyment of the series was abysmal and I am surprised people actually like that series. Definitely not something I recommend my friends to watch.... :/)
Steins;Gate: 8.5-9/10 (some of the scenes were a bit too fake and the acting of the characters are slightly awkward and unnatural. Some episodes were quite disappointing once you figured out everything from the rather obvious clues. Good job trying to use time travel as plot device though)
AnoHana: 8.5/10 (the beginning was truly wonderful but it degenerated halfway through due to its predictability....Could have been better...)

So so far nothing too impressive. The 2011 season so far has been decent and "good", but there were no "mind-blowing" series that were released.

So far, it's not really fair to mention sequels like Natsume 3 and Gintama 2 so I won't mention them.

Based on these ratings, S:G seems to lead for me. No way I am voting for Madoka since it was (imo) an absolutely horrible series from CERTAIN perspective. Although I give it a 8 because of OTHER perspective (not just enjoyment), the artistic direction is just SHAFT with a bit more budget. Nothing special there if you regularly watch SHAFT series. The characters were totally turn off though and I predicted Mami's demise the second she appeared due to obvious death flags. The other perspective being: good economical success, overall positive fan reaction and wonderful music.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 8, 2011 6:56 PM

Apr 2008
x vs y topics go here

Sep 8, 2011 7:39 PM

Dec 2010
both shows ride on the hype train but madoka is better. Steins Gates has the typical cliche shonen hero.
Sep 8, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
I'm a total fag for anything Urobochi and I'm also a total fag for anything Nitro, so I'll go with the one that has both.

taro_sado said:
Steins Gates has the typical cliche shonen hero.
Typical? Shounen? Hero?
He had to make quite a few morally fucked up decisions to get where he is, I haven't really seen anything similar in a shounen. Maybe I'm just looking at all the wrong places.
Sep 9, 2011 4:24 AM

Mar 2011
Ghostalker said:
It's not even 2012 yet. I think this should be done when all 2011 shows has already aired. Between the two I'll vote for Madoka Magica though, the problem is Steins;gate is still airing and most likely the one that is hyped now and will therefore win this.

Suggestion, this poll should be done at least a few months once the airing of steins;gate is done.

Agree with the final statement, I still cannot judge any of the anime yet because I have yet to watch Steins Gate
Sep 9, 2011 7:16 AM
Nov 2010
Steins;Gate isn't even over yet and people are already voting. Personally, I'll say that i like Steins;Gate much better, but i'll wait for it to be over before voting.
Sep 9, 2011 7:29 AM

Sep 2009
Steins gate .....Madoka was great but i prefer Sci-fi more than Magical girl
Sep 9, 2011 7:32 AM
Mar 2011
ilike to compare things in the same genre but get shot down for doing so

so to compare a sci fi to a Maho shojo is never going to make sense
is like compareing Utena to Dragonball or Gintama to LOGH it makes no sense when two genre reliy on diffterent story techs

whie is a prefect compareison to t do
bebop to LOGH or Bebop to GE999 all three mentioned are space Opera so they reily on same methods of story telling

there are only 32 stylesof story telling but 2 or 3 tropes will always crossover if manga anime or even movies are in the same movies or of same gnere thats why very say 30 to 100 yaers that a genre defing work that Decons all the tropes of that genre
gundam and mazinger z made the two mecha genres Eva decon one top wo nare decon the other

None of the anime in this thread either made a genre or decon it

nither of these show s have cuased a total polar shift in the fandom or the indutey like say Eva did for example after EVa somthong happened for he first Time in 15 or so years a Sunrise Mecha got the Axe last time that happed was Ideon in the eirly 80's

Rant over
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 9, 2011 9:09 AM

Apr 2010
ringoo4 said:
Solkiskey said:
'LESS' moe? You just said 'LESS' moe? Moe is fuckin 'CONCEPT'. There is no such thing as 'less' moe or 'more' moe. If you say something like 'character ONLY has moe without depth', that would be argument that I will have absolutely no problem with. The entire Steins;Gate female cast is already creation of moe concept, or Nadame character also belongs to some stereotypes but because of their 'depth', those are negated.

I said I don't care about OPINION! I said care about 'stupidity' or 'shittyness' in reasoning! In case of this post right above you;

gingabishounen said:
I don't even bother to respond it, because he isn't saying any other stupid reasons to support the thing. He hates Madoka. Puff. Done. Nothing I can do about it. Now, if someone say stupid reasons behind it, I attack it. If someone say some-what understandable reasons, I discuss 'without' attacking. That's my policy, and I'm pretty it isn't just me who does this.

Of course I'm 'above everyone else', just like 'everyone else' also think about themselves. Booyeah.

You don't, either. u.u~~

Okay, maybe I've expressed myself the wrong way : I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because the moe is less 'intense', get it now?
Sep 9, 2011 9:54 AM

Nov 2008
Where's the "Neither. Yodemasu yo, Azazel-san was the best anime of 2011" option? :|
Sep 12, 2011 3:57 AM

Sep 2011
I like them both but non of them are the best anime of the year for me. I put my vote on Madoka as i don't know how Steins;Gate will end yet.
Sep 12, 2011 4:02 AM

May 2010
ringoo4 said:
Webeiss said:
Yeah Madoka's not even top 5. That's not to say it was terrible or anything but it's not the greatest thing ever.
That logics indicates that Gintama is the best animation ever made.
Like four days late but:

Fuck Gintama.
Sep 12, 2011 5:06 AM

Sep 2009
Madoka=Overrated.
Steins Gate=I haven't seen, lol.

My prediction, is, the K-ON movie. BITCHES.
Sep 13, 2011 9:13 PM
Aug 2010
Madoka was good but it wasn't that great. Steins; Gate bothered me at times because I keeping comparing the scenes to the VN (which is awesome btw, beating even MUV LUV ALTERNATIVE. Only FSN, Tsukihime, Ever17, and Clannad could compete).

Regardless, I choose Steins; Gate, definitely the best anime of 2011. Kaiji is also fun but its not my kind of story, can never get attach to it. I don't have enough time to watch everyone's "best anime of 2011" but since people are just raging about their opinions, I probably shouldn't expect too much from those shows anyway.

I could never get into the K-ON rage. Its just one of those shows that pretty fun to watch to pass the time but will never stick on me. But that's just me, a lot my anime loving friends really like that show.

People who "go with the hype" kinda balance out with people who "hate because of the hype." And no, you can't blame every popular show you don't like on this. There are people who actually like things you don't.

Also, just because YOU don't like something doesn't mean its not "best anime of the year." We live in a world where majority rule unfortunately. I'm sure most ragers know that but they simply just can't hold in the rage.
BobjonesSep 13, 2011 9:25 PM
Sep 14, 2011 2:38 AM

Jun 2011
On multiple forums including here.
People are saying Steins;Gate is the best anime ever........
WHAT DOES THIS REMIND YOU OF?
Yup....... Gonna watch Steins;Gate when the hype dies down some like I did with Madoka.
Sep 14, 2011 3:04 AM

May 2008
Steins;Gate was awesome.
I wasn't subjected to any hype before I've seen it and I watched it from the beginning when it was on ep 21 already, so I don't feel like I might have been biased. Besides, too much hype may affect you negatively cause you expect too much.

Sep 14, 2011 3:13 AM

May 2011
Steins;Gate is most overrated anime title on MAL now. No-one seems to care about how horribly predictable the story was, nothing near to perfect. People aren't rating their anime here, they just give it a number. I ain't gonna give a shit about MALs mean score anymore.

IMDb 7.9/10, animewatcher 7.5/10.

You people are sick. Now go and study the difference between good and great.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 14, 2011 3:15 AM
Mar 2011
Karhu said:
Steins;Gate is most overrated anime title on MAL now. No-one seems to care about how horribly predictable the story was, nothing near to perfect. People aren't rating their anime here, they just give it a number. I ain't gonna give a shit about MALs mean score anymore.

This

there are too few masterpieces nay more nither of there fall into that bracjket

Sep 14, 2011 3:18 AM

Jun 2011
Hell both of these series are both being overhyped as all hell.
Madoka is being shoved down our throats and Steins;Gate will soon. Hell I love Madoka. But both these shows need to die down.
We are soon gonna get Steins;Gate branded Dr. Pepper.
Sep 28, 2011 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
S;G's MAL score is incredibly inflated IMO, more so than Madoka. I honestly think it's just an above average series. The first half felt really dragged and uninteresting, and the second half though more enjoyable, wasn't as mind-blowing as the fans rave it out to be. I found it, overall, just as entertaining as its co-airing shows, T&B and AnoHana.

Not to say Madoka didn't have flaws,

Anyway, I voted Madoka. But really, Nichijou is my anime of the year. :p
Nov 13, 2011 7:01 PM

Aug 2009
Solkiskey said:
Okay, maybe I've expressed myself the wrong way : I prefer Nodame Cantabile over K-On because the moe is less 'intense', get it now?
Late response, but you are still - dumb. There is no difference in saying 'less intense' and 'less'. ㅋㅋㅋ

Karhu said:

So foolish, sooo foolish. For me, IMDb is concentrated with one of the worst elitist in animation community, thus I reject to take those ratings as standard of the series.

With anti-fan mindset, everything can become flaw. Perspective war never wins.

Work said:
Anyway, I voted Madoka. But really, Nichijou is my anime of the year. :p
Didn't read manga? lol.
ringoo4Nov 13, 2011 7:09 PM
Nov 13, 2011 7:09 PM

Feb 2010
Madoka, love the art and the music atmosphere. Steins;gate.. i got pissed off by that redhead, and the story.. was not that impressive at all. Kind of w/e.
LUL
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Make a song title with the last letter v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Nov 29, 2022

5913 by _untitled »»
2 minutes ago

» lowercase chat thread v.22 people can't do titles a painful edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karinara - May 12

4909 by daddymahitowo »»
3 minutes ago

» Make a song title with one word from the previous song title ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Richoften - Dec 17, 2023

1547 by _untitled »»
4 minutes ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

8082 by karemi_ »»
6 minutes ago

» ABC Song Titles Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_untitled - Sep 11, 2022

9297 by _untitled »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.