Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2013 2:03 AM

Feb 2011
Damn that freaking ring :|
Sep 15, 2013 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
MaxCrazy7 said:
For manga readers. In the manga I had the feeling that Erin, Mikasa, Armin and Annie were walking into a trap, before you realized that the trap was to capture Annie before she can transform.

I like Annie, well mostly her skills. She is badass both in human and titan form, (secretly wishing that Erin was that good) but for all the poor people she killed I wish to see she her hanged, cut into pieces and burned.

Love her as a villain. Or love to hate her. A good villain should make you hate them anyway. Aren't people more interested in the baddies rather than the good guys anyway?

Definitely a malicious bitch. With a dab of sadness for good measure, as you'll understand later on.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 15, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
HalfMetalJacket said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
For manga readers. In the manga I had the feeling that Erin, Mikasa, Armin and Annie were walking into a trap, before you realized that the trap was to capture Annie before she can transform.

I like Annie, well mostly her skills. She is badass both in human and titan form, (secretly wishing that Erin was that good) but for all the poor people she killed I wish to see she her hanged, cut into pieces and burned.

Love her as a villain. Or love to hate her. A good villain should make you hate them anyway. Aren't people more interested in the baddies rather than the good guys anyway?

Definitely a malicious bitch. With a dab of sadness for good measure, as you'll understand later on.

But I love Annie!
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 2:10 AM

Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

But I love Annie!

So do I. Very much so. Even more so as a villain. If I get killed in the SNK world, I'd want only her to kill me. In a very lewd way.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 15, 2013 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
Madin312 said:
MikasaxEren said:
Madin312 said:
gladionix said:
This episode makes me wonder once again whether Annie has feelings for Armin or not.

well...

Well the author of the manga himself said....

that special feelings could also be feelings between a teacher and student. You don't have to associate feelings with romance all the time.

Exactly the feeling was respect, just like the author stated.
Sep 15, 2013 2:11 AM

Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

But I love Annie!

Me too. I love her ahegao.
Sep 15, 2013 2:12 AM
Sep 2013
MikasaxEren said:
Madin312 said:
MikasaxEren said:
Madin312 said:
gladionix said:
This episode makes me wonder once again whether Annie has feelings for Armin or not.

well...

Well the author of the manga himself said....

that special feelings could also be feelings between a teacher and student. You don't have to associate feelings with romance all the time.

But I still ship them.. Not even Isayama can change that! HA!
Sep 15, 2013 2:13 AM
Jan 2013
So thrilling plot twists at the end of almost every episode in this show. This one was definitely one of the very best of them.

Kinda awesome to watch Mikasa showing some guts down there at the end aswell. ^_^
Sep 15, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
MikasaxEren said:

Yes, yes, you ship Mikasa x Eren we can all see that from your username! :3
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 2:18 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was really good. Annie's laugh was creepy as f*ck. But we got more character development for Annie, what I really liked. The reveal of the FT was really good, Armin you smart little f*ck.

5/5
Sep 15, 2013 2:18 AM

Jun 2011
They ruined Annie's smirk with that blushy face :p
but i will take it as a fanservice..
Great episode.. 5/5
Sep 15, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
ArufeimKirra said:
dankickyou said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
MaxCrazy7 said:

But I love Annie!

Me too. I love her ahegao.

While I don't favour it in terms of context, I can't say I didn't like it. Hnnnnnngh...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2008
Seriously FUCK Annie!

That bitch killed a lot of people including Petra....I hope she dies horribly.
Sep 15, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2013
Hitch turns me on. Well...she's supposed to, right?
Sep 15, 2013 2:29 AM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
Seriously FUCK Annie!

Mmmmmm, verily.

JustALEX said:

It's definitely a good thing that she makes you feel that way. Means she's doing her job as villain. In style.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
th3pwnsh0p said:
Hitch turns me on. Well...she's supposed to, right?

Hitch is a noble and respectable lady. Whatever could you mean?
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 2:33 AM

Jun 2008
HalfMetalJacket said:
JustALEX said:

It's definitely a good thing that she makes you feel that way. Means she's doing her job as villain. In style.

Oh I agree.

Villains are supposed to make me hate them.

But in order to be a good villain, they also need a reason as to why they are doing what they're doing.

Hopefully there's a reason for this and it's not something stupid.
Sep 15, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
JustALEX said:

Oh I agree.

But in order to be a good villain, they also need a reason as to why they are doing what they're doing.

She's... complicated. Even manga readers aren't too sure.

But there definitely is more to her than being some doomsday villain.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
JustALEX said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
JustALEX said:

Oh I agree.

There was a hint for both manga readers and anime watchers here, I don't think there is a specific explanation yet even in the manga.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 15, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 2009
FailAtLife said:
Marco is still alive...

So true...
Sep 15, 2013 2:55 AM

Nov 2011
CanisTomek said:
FailAtLife said:
Marco is still alive...

So true...

half of Marco, at least. :3
The Art of Eight
Sep 15, 2013 2:58 AM
Jul 2013
Unchou said:
JustALEX said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
JustALEX said:

Oh I agree.

There was a hint for both manga readers and anime watchers here, I don't think there is a specific explanation yet even in the manga.

Because we have only been shown things from this side (scouting people point of view) she could be considered be a 'villain'. But who knows what really is happening in the inner walls or outside the walls. She could just be another 'victim'.

But those she killed were mostly soldiers and titans so far. She is not a psychopath killer who would kill just everyone in the way. Also, she would have succeeded with her mission if she hadn't let Armin go. I guess this is what she meant by failing to be a warrior. She let her feeling took over.
Sep 15, 2013 2:59 AM

Aug 2012
CanisTomek said:
FailAtLife said:
Marco is still alive...

So true...

It's the thought that counts
Sep 15, 2013 2:59 AM

Mar 2012
I KNEW IT! I FUCKEN KNEW IT!

Never read the manga, and downright I suspected it to be her!
My speculation included:
1) She's not present in the Recon Squad mission (even though she is in the MP)
2) Somehow, the opening kinda emphasized her character.
3) Color and eyes are the same somehow.

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Sep 15, 2013 3:10 AM
Jul 2013
Madin312 said:
gladionix said:

well...

Except that Isayama confirmed it on his blog. Theory. Fucking. Debunked.

I don't hate Annie though, I'm hoping for Annie Ahegao Hentais to come out xD
Sep 15, 2013 3:12 AM

Aug 2013
dankickyou said:
MikasaxEren said:

Yes, yes, you ship Mikasa x Eren we can all see that from your username! :3

Authors words >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> fan speculation
Sep 15, 2013 3:14 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty good episode thumbs up annie was cute!! kawaii!! Shits about to go down!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 2013
Raven-san said:
I KNEW IT! I FUCKEN KNEW IT!

Never read the manga, and downright I suspected it to be her!
My speculation included:
1) She's not present in the Recon Squad mission (even though she is in the MP)
2) Somehow, the opening kinda emphasized her character.
3) Color and eyes are the same somehow.

Armin did not figure out who she was using those as clues. You'll find out next episode as to how though.

And I've said it somewhere in this thread, but frankly, you weren't the only person to suspect her.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 3:24 AM
Sep 2013
yuquall said:
Unchou said:
JustALEX said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
JustALEX said:

Oh I agree.

Because we have only been shown things from this side (scouting people point of view) she could be considered be a 'villain'. But who knows what really is happening in the inner walls or outside the walls. She could just be another 'victim'.

But those she killed were mostly soldiers and titans so far. She is not a psychopath killer who would kill just everyone in the way. Also, she would have succeeded with her mission if she hadn't let Armin go. I guess this is what she meant by failing to be a warrior. She let her feeling took over.

heavy spoilers here people.....
Sep 15, 2013 3:27 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it was obviously Annie. Like I said months ago. The FT recognized Armin, had grey eyes and similar features to her normal self.
But she killed many good soldiers, death row or dissection are obviously going to be the verdict. Something tells me she'll survive, scape and go rogue though. Or go back to her own faction, if there's any.
Sep 15, 2013 3:30 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah, it was pretty obvious who she was from the moment she stepped down to Armin and looked at him.
I hate her, I hate her with passion. She deserves a painful and slow death. But as many previously stated that makes her a great villain. Rarely do I hate characters this much, but when I do it means they're written great (well, in my opinion at least).

Great villain, but that only means it's gonna be even greater to see her fall down on her knees and diiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

Stark700 said:
Annie's face:
http://i.imgur.com/U05LufD.png

P.S. That Annie laugh face looks like something straight out of hentai :P
nina4lifeSep 15, 2013 3:33 AM
Sep 15, 2013 3:39 AM

Sep 2008
Sugita-san!
I have no idea he have role in SNK! *.*
Sep 15, 2013 3:43 AM
Jul 2013
nina4life said:
Yeah, it was pretty obvious who she was from the moment she stepped down to Armin and looked at him.
I hate her, I hate her with passion. She deserves a painful and slow death. But as many previously stated that makes her a great villain. Rarely do I hate characters this much, but when I do it means they're written great (well, in my opinion at least).

Great villain, but that only means it's gonna be even greater to see her fall down on her knees and diiiiiiiiiiiiiie.

Stark700 said:
Annie's face:

I do find it hard in many occasions to hate villains in animes or in games somehow. Sometimes they are much much cooler and have much better motives or intentions than the mcs.

Annie's laugh! I guess that was what had been bothering me. The laugh is fine, but why the blushing??
Sep 15, 2013 3:46 AM
Mar 2013
when Annnie started laughing was fucking epic lol
Armin - "Both of you look like criminals, with the same nasty look in your eyes" LOOOL
Eren - "I don't have a horse face like him" LMAO
Sep 15, 2013 4:04 AM

Sep 2008
I know is her!
Hair style, eyes... and she leave Armin alive...

Can't wait to see next episode!
Sep 15, 2013 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
yuquall said:
nina4life said:

Stark700 said:
Annie's face:

I do find it hard in many occasions to hate villains in animes or in games somehow. Sometimes they are much much cooler and have much better motives or intentions than the mcs.

Annie's laugh! I guess that was what had been bothering me. The laugh is fine, but why the blushing??

Villains are so much cooler than MCs at times. A lot of people would think so. But there are definitely villains out there that force emotional responses out of people while remaining absolutely hated. Joffrey from Game of Thrones comes into mind from what I hear.

I like villains that are actually awesome as well as evil though.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 4:07 AM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:

What are people talking about with smugglers stronger than Levi? Didn't see any of that this episode. Only the whole smuggling thing itself.

It's just hints that I came to realised when I saw the episode.

Say, what would those smugglers use the 3DMGs for? Spiderman-ing inside the walls? So far, we haven't see anyone doing that inside the walls except for the soldiers. So, logically, I'd hypothesize that they are connected to people outside the walls, as the 3DMGs is best efficient with tall forests. First episode hints that there could be a lot of Tall Forests outside the walls.

Also, they don't receive training like a normal soldier does. Trial by error is usually the best method to learn something. Smugglers might have individuals that are more skilled than Top-Dog Levi. Levi actually came from the Smugglers, so we can assume that.
Sep 15, 2013 4:10 AM

Jul 2013
Xinception said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

What are people talking about with smugglers stronger than Levi? Didn't see any of that this episode. Only the whole smuggling thing itself.

It's just hints that I came to realised when I saw the episode.

Say, what would those smugglers use the 3DMGs for? Spiderman-ing inside the walls? So far, we haven't see anyone doing that inside the walls except for the soldiers. So, logically, I'd hypothesize that they are connected to people outside the walls, as the 3DMGs is best efficient with tall forests. First episode hints that there could be a lot of Tall Forests outside the walls.

Also, they don't receive training like a normal soldier does. Trial by error is usually the best method to learn something. Smugglers might have individuals that are more skilled than Top-Dog Levi. Levi actually came from the Smugglers, so we can assume that.

That or he really was just some random thug. But it would make sense that he learnt as a smuggler.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 4:15 AM

Feb 2010
2 eps left man, can't believe it's already almost at 25. The Annie laughing part seemed a bit different to what I was expecting but it was still cool.
Sep 15, 2013 4:19 AM

Jul 2012
9/10. I understood it better after watching Sawyer7mage's review on Yt, so I recommend it to you guys too.

Personally I didn't like Annie's personality shift. It made more sense to me when she was calm and antisocial. Now the personality shift made it all look like the previous calmness was only an act. And to that cold Annie I'd like to say farewell, You were my favourite female in SnK.

Also can someone tell me why did she take Marco's equipment? It's not like she needed to steal it, I thought?

The more the episodes reveal, the more the intro is making sense. From the beginning I noticed that Eren will fight the FT in the town, it was in the Intro. And there's more there still.
BiartzSep 15, 2013 5:30 AM
Sep 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2013
Biartz said:
9/10. It made more sense to after watching Sawyer7mage's review on Yt, so I recommend it to you guys too.

Personally I didn't like Annie's personality shift. It made more sense to me when she was calm and antisocial. Now the prsonality shift made it all look like the previous calmness was only an act. And to that cold Annie I'd like to say farewell, You were my favourite female in SnK.

Also can someone tell me why did she take Marco's equipment? It's not like she needed to steal it, I thought?

The more the episodes reveal, the more the into is making sense. From the beginning I noticed that Eren will fight the FT in the town, from the Intro. And there's more still.

Wouldn't say she's changed as to, well experiencing a mental lapse IMO. Won't say much more, but I don't she's actually 'changed' like you suggest.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 15, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:
Biartz said:
9/10. It made more sense to after watching Sawyer7mage's review on Yt, so I recommend it to you guys too.

Personally I didn't like Annie's personality shift. It made more sense to me when she was calm and antisocial. Now the prsonality shift made it all look like the previous calmness was only an act. And to that cold Annie I'd like to say farewell, You were my favourite female in SnK.

The more the episodes reveal, the more the into is making sense. From the beginning I noticed that Eren will fight the FT in the town, from the Intro. And there's more still.

Wouldn't say she's changed as to, well experiencing a mental lapse IMO. Won't say much more, but I don't she's actually 'changed' like you suggest.

Well that's my impression. If I'm wrong about it, then all the better.
Sep 15, 2013 4:30 AM

Aug 2011
Eh, that laugh kind of ruined it. I also wish Armin and co had some more and better proof that Annie was the Female Titan, the confrontation felt a little weird because of that. First half with the corrupt military police was overdramatic.

Don't really see why Annie would be a ''great villain''. How the hell can you even say she's a good villain if we don't know any of her motives yet?

Was expecting something better after last week's good episode.
Sep 15, 2013 4:30 AM

Jul 2013
Annie's cold face...
Annie's laughing???????? Creepy..
I've always known that Annie is Female Titan.
Sep 15, 2013 4:40 AM

Oct 2009
The laugh was horrible, it's not Annie.... but the episode is ok.
Sep 15, 2013 5:04 AM

May 2013
Lmao. Poor Jean, he looks so uncomfortable just sitting there in the carriage cosplaying as Eren. That Annie laugh was totally unexpected and it looked cute and creepy at the same time to me.

And dayum, dat Mikasa.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/8a8f4595e0678786cff8f5008447984b/tumblr_mt53w7mSt51s7wghuo1_500.gif
Sep 15, 2013 5:06 AM

May 2011
What’s this, did Annie just have a Higurashi moment? :D

Very nice ep, definitely wasn’t expecting that first half of the episode. The second half was good too-- but those fucking cliffhangers, man. If we’re getting an Annie vs Eren ep next week, I wonder what they’ll do with the last one. I haven’t read the manga past the Trost arc, so I’m curious where they want to take this from here.

Loved this part. The more screentime Mikasa gets, the better. :D
VokocaSep 15, 2013 5:11 AM
Sep 15, 2013 5:08 AM

Jun 2011

LOL this part made me laugh so hard XD
he's epic XD
Sep 15, 2013 5:10 AM
Sep 2012
OnePieceQ8 said:

LOL this part made me laugh so hard XD
he's epic XD

The fat guy is the best character now. I've seen that gif posted so much, lol.
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How KSI's new song ties in with themes portrait by AoT

Ghost_Davo - Oct 16

39 by Analyzer404 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

945 by topfloorboss45 »»
Today, 2:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1565 by topfloorboss45 »»
Today, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

976 by SolalAnime »»
Oct 17, 4:02 AM

» Foreshadowing and Hidden details

ANIk_003 - Oct 8

34 by Kaynear »»
Oct 12, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.