Forum Settings
Forums

Is KyoAni the primary reason Key Anime are good?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 13, 2013 7:49 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not very knowledgeable with studios, but I'd imagine KyoAni is familiar with working with Key VN adaptations so that could explain it.

Although I honestly believe that there's possibilities that other studios could have done an equal or better job. Production I.G. is the first one that comes to mind, the rest is imagination though.
Sep 14, 2013 7:46 PM

May 2013
I like KyoAni and like to follow their work, I started watching Free! simply out of loyalty and its not half bad.

J.C. Staff have grown on me as well after being disappointed by LB:
*Toradora
*Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

I enjoyed both of these :D
Sep 14, 2013 7:47 PM

Dec 2012
HAHHAH, no

The reason the anime is so good is because key is good writers

VN > Anime

Sep 14, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2013
LillyTown said:

Shuffle! is kind of like Kanon only a bit more mature. Also your list doesn't have Haruhi yet so I would say that too.
Sep 14, 2013 9:13 PM

Jan 2013
Seikunai said:
No, you're too biased to KyoAni so shut the hell up.

JC Staff doesn't suck (Uh, hello? They made Honey and Clover, Azumanga Daioh, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Toradora!, Nodame Cantabile, Bakuman, etc.) They're better than KyoAni.

Air is mediocre. Kanon was good. Clannad was near good. (If you add the first season which is not good.). K-On! is crap (Haven't seen it fully but from the episodes I see on the TV, it's worthless)

J.C does suck for me after watching Shigetsutan Tsukihime.

Sep 14, 2013 10:55 PM

Feb 2008
TallonKarrde23 said:
KyoAni regularly removes main characters, relevant story arcs, and so on from Key works. So no. JC Staff is even handling Little Busters better than KyoAni handled any of their adaptations of, well, anything from anyone. In terms of following the source material, at least - given half the cast isn't missing or turned into incestuous lesbian women (both things KyoAni has done).

They wouldn't do that again, right? Nobody in their right mind would remove the best characters of a story. But still, I'm glad JC Staff made Little Busters and not KyoAni. Maybe JC Staff messed up, but KyoAni only turns stuff into mindless moeblobs. (reference: their Key adaptations are basically moeblobs)

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 14, 2013 11:21 PM

Sep 2012
Another biased thread from Mr. Drama.
Masterpieces you say?
No thanks.Kyo ani and and Key both sucks harder than a vacuum cleaner on its max power.
Sep 14, 2013 11:33 PM

Jun 2007
ZetaZaku said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
KyoAni regularly removes main characters, relevant story arcs, and so on from Key works. So no. JC Staff is even handling Little Busters better than KyoAni handled any of their adaptations of, well, anything from anyone. In terms of following the source material, at least - given half the cast isn't missing or turned into incestuous lesbian women (both things KyoAni has done).

They wouldn't do that again, right? Nobody in their right mind would remove the best characters of a story.
Though again, nobody's bothered to cite any cases of this actually happening.

ZetaZaku said:
But still, I'm glad JC Staff made Little Busters and not KyoAni. Maybe JC Staff messed up, but KyoAni only turns stuff into mindless moeblobs. (reference: their Key adaptations are basically moeblobs)
So the games weren't full of moe and moe characters to begin with?

Nobody in the history of ever said:
Wow, AIR, Kanon, and Clannad were super-sophisticated SRSDeep GrimDark ultra-mature non-melodramatic stories in the VNs before KyoAni ruined everything with moe!
ZalisSep 14, 2013 11:39 PM

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Sep 15, 2013 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
LillyTown said:
I really liked the VN at first but after a while it became tons of text with no new sights and too much Sunohara and Tomoyo. Maybe that means I was doing it wrong and going down Tomoyo's path?

>going Tomoy's path
>doing something wrong
LillyTown pls

Sep 15, 2013 1:32 AM

Mar 2012
ZetaZaku said:
LillyTown said:
I really liked the VN at first but after a while it became tons of text with no new sights and too much Sunohara and Tomoyo. Maybe that means I was doing it wrong and going down Tomoyo's path?

>going Tomoy's path
>doing something wrong
LillyTown pls
I'm just going to belive that it is the first time he play VN.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Sep 15, 2013 2:13 AM

Dec 2011
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Masterpieces you say?
No thanks.Kyo ani and and Key both sucks harder than a vacuum cleaner on its max power.

↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗
Sep 15, 2013 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
Robin6128 said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Masterpieces you say?

↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗

Sep 15, 2013 3:54 AM

Nov 2010
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:
No. J.C Staff made Little Busters better, i'm sure Kyoani version would have been horrible.

This
LB Refrain will be awesome, just like the first season.

KyoAni sucks;
Not that Clannad and Kanon where bad anime; but they weren't very good adaptions either. In both cases the ending made no sense and Clannad AS was for a big part boring slice of life.

i still don't get where you people keep getting that load of crock that the endings didn't make any sense??? did you lot even follow what was going on and was being said in said shows? or did you just jump on the bandwagon?
Sep 15, 2013 4:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:
No. J.C Staff made Little Busters better, i'm sure Kyoani version would have been horrible.

This

KyoAni sucks;
Not that Clannad and Kanon where bad anime; but they weren't very good adaptions either. In both cases the ending made no sense and Clannad AS was for a big part boring slice of life.

i still don't get where you people keep getting that load of crock that the endings didn't make any sense??? did you lot even follow what was going on and was being said in said shows? or did you just jump on the bandwagon?

Well it is pretty much a fact that it wasn't very well explained in the AS anime about what exactly the Orbs of Light were, what effect they had and where they came from. Hence, the ending was pretty hard to understand the logic behind for many people.
Sep 15, 2013 4:14 AM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Well it is pretty much a fact that it wasn't very well explained in the AS anime about what exactly the Orbs of Light were, what effect they had and where they came from. Hence, the ending was pretty hard to understand the logic behind for many people.

Sorry what?
baki502Sep 15, 2013 4:20 AM
Sep 15, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2008
@baki502

Spoiler tags yo.
Sep 15, 2013 4:19 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Sep 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Apr 2012
2-D said:
@baki502

Spoiler tags yo.

Sorry about that fixed it.

HaXXspetten said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Of course it wouldnt have because people are rate bad endings worse no matter how genius or good they are. People want good endings no matter how shitty they are because well thats kind of how human nature is. But I dont dislike bad endings, I dont think everything should have only good endings, often it makes sense to have a bad ending, but of course not many people think like this.
Sep 15, 2013 4:32 AM
Mar 2011
Zalis said:
ZetaZaku said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

They wouldn't do that again, right? Nobody in their right mind would remove the best characters of a story.
Though again, nobody's bothered to cite any cases of this actually happening.

ZetaZaku said:
But still, I'm glad JC Staff made Little Busters and not KyoAni. Maybe JC Staff messed up, but KyoAni only turns stuff into mindless moeblobs. (reference: their Key adaptations are basically moeblobs)
So the games weren't full of moe and moe characters to begin with?

Nobody in the history of ever said:
Wow, AIR, Kanon, and Clannad were super-sophisticated SRSDeep GrimDark ultra-mature non-melodramatic stories in the VNs before KyoAni ruined everything with moe!

no kanon was not kyo ani Chnaged the art style of that

thus showing the huge double Standers mal has

when Aku no Hana did the same
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 15, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2008
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Doesn't matter. VN explained it. It's THEIR fault for not reading the VN! Filthy mortals, hating on Clannad even though they didn't read the VN. That's disgusting.

Sep 15, 2013 4:35 AM

Jul 2008
DateYutaka said:
no kanon was not kyo ani Chnaged the art style of that

thus showing the huge double Standers mal has

when Aku no Hana did the same

Sep 15, 2013 4:36 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Doesn't matter. VN explained it. It's THEIR fault for not reading the VN! Filthy mortals, hating on Clannad even though they didn't read the VN. That's disgusting.

I think I already said that no matter how well they would have explained it I would still not have thought more highly of the ending of Clannad. You just dont pull out an mystery and supernatural ending when all the show was about Drama and romance. It was kind of like the ending of School Days, as in just came out of nowhere.
*hug noises*

May 2013
ZetaZaku said:
HaXXspetten said:
kickthebucket said:
Khalan3 said:
Aerostar said:

This

KyoAni sucks;

Uh well yeah that's just what I meant.

Although I think the VN made it a bit anticlimatic as well, since the actual true route of the true route so to speak is only a few minutes long. (As in, once you've gotten all of AS's Orbs you just reload and have a sudden ending out of nowhere)

edit: I guess what I want to say that a true route should be linear. All the build-ups to that point should already have been dealt with.

Dec 2011
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?
Sep 15, 2013 4:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

I should make a poll one day about whether it should be called reading a VN or playing a VN

I've never been able to make up my mind about it at least ^^
Sep 15, 2013 4:40 AM

Dec 2011
HaXXspetten said:

I should make a poll one day about whether it should be called reading a VN or playing a VN

DO ETTTT!! Naturally, I'd vote "playing" ↖(^▽^)↗
Sep 15, 2013 4:40 AM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

I havent played one yet, but I wouldnt call QTE heavy games like the Walking Dead, games so a VN wouldnt qualify at all in my opinion to be a game. Im sorry but a book with pictures that has different endings is not a game.
Sep 15, 2013 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
Robin6128 said:
HaXXspetten said:

Or watching (School Days).
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 15, 2013 4:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Robin6128 said:
HaXXspetten said:

in my case I could probably just generalize it and call it marathoning a VN instead though >.>
Sep 15, 2013 4:54 AM
Mar 2011
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

I havent played one yet, but I wouldnt call QTE heavy games like the Walking Dead, games so a VN wouldnt qualify at all in my opinion to be a game. Im sorry but a book with pictures that has different endings is not a game.

where is it sold in game stores so its a game

i would not call modern milltry shooters games case i play games for story first and for most so game that lack story are less games imo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 15, 2013 4:59 AM

Apr 2012
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

i would not call modern milltry shooters games case i play games for story first and for most so game that lack story are less games imo

Ehm no. I think you have totally missed the point of a game. The thing that makes games different from every other mediium is the interactivity. The less interactivity the less of a game it becomes in my opinion, and a game without a story at all can very well be really great. If you play for the story only youre doing it wrong, go read a book or something they usually have far superior storys to games.
Sep 15, 2013 5:00 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

Not to mention many VNs contain minigames and similar.
Some, like Kamidori, Ranch or Yumina are full blown SRPGs as well.

I think you can summarize it like this:
>A VN is a game
>The gameplay is to read
>Hence to play it and to read it is indirectly the same thing

>Some VNs have more playtime not reading than reading
>Hence you should differentiate between a VN that contains minigames and a game with VN-style story-telling elements

...or something along those lines

@baki
You do know that the story-telling medium that visual novels offer can tell stories that aren't even conceivable in any other type of media? Go play Ever17 for example and tell me how you'd adapt that to anything whatsoever.
Sep 15, 2013 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
DateYutaka said:

...So by your logic, Pac-Man, Pong, and Tetris are less of a game than Fate/Stay Night? Clearly Fate/Stay Night has more story than those three.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Sep 15, 2013 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
HaXXspetten said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

Not to mention many VNs contain minigames and similar.
Some, like Kamidori, Ranch or Yumina are full blown SRPGs as well.

I think you can summarize it like this:
>A VN is a game
>The gameplay is to read
>Hence to play it and to read it is indirectly the same thing

>Some VNs have more playtime not reading than reading
>Hence you should differentiate between a VN that contains minigames and a game with VN-style story-telling elements

...or something along those lines

@baki
You do know that the story-telling medium that visual novels offer can tell stories that aren't even conceivable in any other type of media? Go play Ever17 for example and tell me how you'd adapt that to anything whatsoever.

I dont know if I willl do that as I do not play VNs but I assume you mean the fact it has multiple endings. Yes that is an advantage but I was referring to normal games not VNs. If you play normal games only for the story your doing it wrong in my opinion as books have far better stories than most linear storys in games have. I am not saying that VNs are shit or anything but I am just saying that the point of games is the interactivity not the story. And Visual Novels are not games in my opinion it says novel in the damn word. Well its a different thing if they contain minigames as you mentioned tough.
Sep 15, 2013 5:08 AM

Dec 2011
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Oh the fun of quoting ↖(^▽^)↗
Sep 15, 2013 5:11 AM
Mar 2011
gamer2710 said:
DateYutaka said:

...So by your logic, Pac-Man, Pong, and Tetris are less of a game than Fate/Stay Night? Clearly Fate/Stay Night has more story than those three.

taking the time the game was made in account thats an unfare comparsion to make
use games made in the last 15 years or so to be more fare

Sep 15, 2013 5:12 AM

Sep 2010
Robin6128 said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Tl;dr you guys got side tracked, not that there is any substance to the discussion in the first place ↖(^▽^)↗
Sep 15, 2013 5:13 AM

Dec 2011
foul said:
Robin6128 said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗↖(^▽^)↗
Sep 15, 2013 5:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013

Not just the multiple timelines, but rather the concequence of it, namely that you can mix timelines together in a pseudo-4D manner of fashion in some cases.

...but yeah this is getting really off topic. To answer the original question: No, Key Anime is good because of the source material. It's as simple as that.
Sep 15, 2013 5:22 AM
Mar 2011
to take it put of Video games excusivly

say your a movie producer and you are given a unlltead check book to lincsed any video game

owuld be more inresting to adpat FFT or COD

what do you think would get better reviews by critcs

Sep 15, 2013 5:27 AM

Apr 2012
DateYutaka said:

say your a movie producer and you are given a unlltead check book to lincsed any video game

Both would be shit, Games are its own medium and are not supposed to be like movies or books.
Sep 15, 2013 5:29 AM
Mar 2011
baki502 said:
DateYutaka said:

Both would be shit, Games are its own medium and are not supposed to be like movies or books.

way to cop out the debate
with games becomeing more like movies thats why i brought it up

Sep 15, 2013 5:33 AM

Apr 2012
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
DateYutaka said:

That doesnt mean they are becoming better. I dislike this direction but at the same time there is light at the end of the tunnel in form of indie games and smaller developers. Games like Dark Souls show what Games are supposed to be about, and many other games. All the cut-scene heavy garbage the big Publishers throw us as isnt really good.
Sep 15, 2013 5:44 AM
Mar 2011
baki502 said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
DateYutaka said:

That doesnt mean they are becoming better. I dislike this direction but at the same time there is light at the end of the tunnel in form of indie games and smaller developers. Games like Dark Souls show what Games are supposed to be about, and many other games. All the cut-scene heavy garbage the big Publishers throw us as isnt really good.

i grew up on dragon quest anf ulitma and games of that ilk my action game love is beat um ups like kunio kun and shoot um ups like Graduis
and thes how i sayed for the most part

i play diffest games for diffrent reasons

reason i play games
1 Story
2 art
3 Other articis elememts
4 Genre Pesfic game play ides like good enchanment systems and thig like hat [ number one reason that FF 2 is one of may fave RPGs of all time

Sep 15, 2013 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
LillyTown said:
012yArthur0 said:
Seikunai said:
No, you're too biased to KyoAni so shut the hell up.

JC Staff doesn't suck (Uh, hello? They made Honey and Clover, Azumanga Daioh, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Toradora!, Nodame Cantabile, Bakuman, etc.) They're better than KyoAni.

Air is mediocre. Kanon was good. Clannad was near good. (If you add the first season which is not good.). K-On! is crap (Haven't seen it fully but from the episodes I see on the TV, it's worthless)

J.C does suck for me after watching Shigetsutan Tsukihime.

Are we only talking about VN adaptations? Or you just dislike JC Staff in general? Seems like they're on a roll right now with Railgun and Index but I haven't seen Little Busters and couldn't finish Tsukihime as it was sucking.

I think J.C in general. The anime shits all over the VN it is not even funny. The Manga does a much better job at everything from what I'm reading right now. I can't believe how much they could flop on it.

"There's no Tsukihime anime" is a meme with an reasonable sense to exist.

Sep 15, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
LillyTown said:
DateYutaka said:
baki502 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Robin6128 said:
ZetaZaku said:

Reading a VN? What?

Holy shit, this seems really backward..... maybe I'm doing it wrong?(I mean playing your post cause it makes no sense)

Game Stores sells magazines... How I can co-op mode with this shit?

Since you already saw my previous quote though, I'm probably being biased with J.C Staff, so I guess I say it is to Adaptations for now.

Sep 15, 2013 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
Is KyoAni the primary reason Key Anime are good?

No, I really feel some key fans are just kyo ani fans. Idk why anyone thinks AB! is bad just look at the ratings here at mal, look pass your single human views and see that AB is higher rated then the first season of clannad, 2nd season is cheating cause everyone who hated it enough isn't going to watch it. AB is barely more popular too. Air anime had enough problems where I am reading the vn to see what it was like, I feel they left out important info cause they had to jam it into 13 episodes with some ova s. The whole loop shit feelt like they were trying to tell you something important but did a bad job. I have read the rewrite vn too, I actaully think kyo ani would not be the best choice for rewrite. also because of the no so good LB adaption, they are weary whether to adapt it or not. I read the LB vn before the anime when it was first translated It was really good. The adaption just has many problems imo. It does has its good moments but for one the visauls are far below kyo ani, and the plot adaption seems sloppy at times. even small things like the direction of the music just seems like LOL what? at times. All these little small things add up.
Sep 15, 2013 3:42 PM

Jan 2009
KyoAni animated them with high budget and move like quality thats why people like it?
Sep 15, 2013 4:03 PM

Jun 2007
Zalis said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
In terms of following the source material, at least - given half the cast isn't missing or turned into incestuous lesbian women (both things KyoAni has done).
Out of pure curiosity, in which KEY adaptations has KyoAni done this?

CLANNAD and FMP:TSR were what I was referring to, the latter not being a Key adaptation (I never implied it was either, I was saying they are terrible at adaptations in general - including Key works) - however Clannad is very much a Key adaptation.
Sep 15, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
LillyTown said:
This thread is accumulating more and more typos, I can't even follow some posts.... :( I'm like "whhhaaaaaaaaaaaatttt?" *emulating Gail the Snail ala It's Always Sunny'*

More on-topic: they're both top-notch studios, I'll take JC Staff's worst shit over the best of randomers on youtube ANYDAY

I just can't get around with those eyes. Seriously, it's creepy.

But it is a problem of Key itself, since they only tries to follow it.

Thank god they fixed a bit on LB!, maybe that's why it is the only Key work that I looking foward to play/read/wathever it.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best girl from Ecchi anime

Catalano - 1 hour ago

13 by Daviljoe193 »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Is reviving characters poor writing?

rohan121 - May 29

47 by jellylo »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » I'm just better- The anime [NO SPOILERS]

TsutanaiFuun - Yesterday

9 by DarkShame2 »»
15 minutes ago

» Hottest Adult Characters in anime?

RedTea33 - May 27

34 by jellylo »»
22 minutes ago

» Have you ever considered picking up drawing anime as a hobby? ( 1 2 )

Anjuro - Jun 3

96 by Anjuro »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.