Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 20, 2013 3:50 PM

Apr 2013
Something way different as a you see a character being killed and never coming back. Interesting.
Jul 20, 2013 7:29 PM

Sep 2012
That was some bitchin' background music. I'm really loving where this is going.
Jul 23, 2013 1:37 AM

Jan 2010
That was just...weird.
Jul 26, 2013 11:53 AM

May 2007
Well, that was... geez, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

I'm slightly intrigued by the story, and I like the involvement of tarot cards and their designs. But that aside, the art style and character designs are so hideous it's pretty distracting. And I'm very worried that the dark nature the show might be just a cheap excuse to show little girls suffering for the enjoyment of sick fucktarded otakus. The scene where the 12 year old main character is choked by tentacles that are also slipping under her clothes is the biggest reason for my concern. :| Seriously, Japan... can't you keep your sick pedophile fetishism out of any magical girl shows anymore?

Well, it's still too early to judge, but I'm not sure if I was intrigued enough to keep watching past this episode.

2/5

Jul 27, 2013 2:01 AM
Jul 2018
first EP was amazing

at first i was like "oh, another mahou shoujo slice of life moemoekawaiidesune"

then i was like "lol wtf what did i just watch? where is her sister? WTF"

Jul 27, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
Weird theme and art, dark story, well op maybe i will try for some episode.

So nowdays dark mahou shoujo story become a trend in japan, im looking foward it.
Jul 27, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't know about this anime until just now. First episode and people are already dying.

OP was awesome.

I was a bit surprised that the people possessed get killed along with the Daemonia. And wow, time just rewinded itself and made it so Fuyuna never even existed...that's pretty damn dark and cruel. I hope there's some kind of explanation for that down the road.
You know, I've never liked characters that end up like Fuyuna just because they're envious/jealous of someone but I kind of hope that Akari remembers killing her at some point. I can't say I really care that much about Fuyuna since she got offed so quickly but I don't like Akari not remembering her either for some reason. I don't know...it just doesn't sit well with me. Even though the guilt would eat at her I feel like she needs to know that she (albeit unwittingly) killed her cousin. Or maybe she's better off not knowing. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING ANYMORE!

*ahem* It was an interesting episode overall. Going to keep watching the other episodes to see where this is going.
Jul 28, 2013 1:07 PM

Oct 2012
Well, after first ep I can't really tell what was going on in latter half of the episode. This may be good one but next time there better should be some explanations.

Gladius said:
I didn't expect this end.

I am also confused by this. She killed her? It went on as nothing happened?

And what about that car accident earlier that day? Is this some kind of Madoka anime?

Edit:

And also this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_%28novel%29
(plot of this book sister was holding is somehow related to this anime, it also starts with dead mother of main character.
Mich666Jul 28, 2013 1:23 PM
Jul 28, 2013 1:38 PM

Dec 2011
This anime looks great. Reminds me of Madoka Magica with the dark twist.
Aug 7, 2013 10:55 PM

Dec 2010
Wow, this reception is so stupid and sad that i want to kill my cousin!!!!!!
L0L
キターーーー(・∀・)ーーー!!
Aug 9, 2013 7:02 PM

Aug 2007
The anime seems to be interesnting. I discovered this title becouse I was scrooling the catalog of crunchyroll and I see this. so, I decided to watch. In general it was a bit confusing.
Aug 26, 2013 2:34 AM

Oct 2012
So what happened with Fuyuna?
Well, I don't like this dark story.. but it's pretty good for starter
I'll keep watching.. hope its end with happy ending

Oh that Tendo sisters so resembles with Tianzi (Code Geass).. right?
"Signature removed"
Aug 29, 2013 9:29 PM

Jun 2011
Wow, mindblowing. Very intriguing, and cool magics.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 22, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2013
Made out of fire? Better strangle the girl.
Oct 1, 2013 8:11 AM

Mar 2013
It seems like I already made a post here but I just re-watched it. It still makes no sense but I wasn't that scared/sad about it this time though.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Oct 3, 2013 5:30 AM

May 2013
Awesome OP! Good enough ED!
Dat beginning OST! Then, BAM! Dark OST!

Akari is cute, but I'm still wondering about the plants in her room.
Fuyuna, Akari's cousin, has a hobby I wanted to know more about.
Aaaaand she's dead. And she's been erased from existence while the day repeats. Woah.

That truck scene felt like Final Destination to me.
Never trust old men.

But anyway, I like this episode even though I have unanswered questions. But I'll let time take care of that.
I though it was going to be happy, but then it took a dark turn. I'll continue on.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Oct 5, 2013 3:19 PM

Jun 2011
Is it me or did they say that it's the second anniversary of her mother's death and it's Sunday "again, just like that day"? Sasuga Japan, they probably use a different calendar.

Other than that, it was quite a promising first episode (maybe not great, but good/fun/above average for sure).
Oct 13, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2012
Pretty strange beginning of the series but well it sure was interesting and colorful :p
Nov 15, 2013 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
First episode is really good! Luv the OP song, soo catchy~! Does have a little Madoka element involve.
Nov 25, 2013 12:47 AM

Aug 2013
Just goes to show how much impact the OP and ED song plays for an anime.
Both are awesome and totally change my impression on the show.
Feb 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
I LOVE THAT OPENING SONG! <3
Well, after the first bloody scene I knew what other people must have felt when watching Madoka Magica for the first time. I got spoilered so it wasn't the same for me.
But this, well, left me like: :O, I thought it would be more play-around-like.
Because cute characters and all...
But actually, since Higurashi we know that cute characters don't indicate a cute story.
Liking this so far, even though it practically IS a copy of Madoka Magica.
I'm trying to find out what it does to deserve the low rating.
Aug 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Feb 2013
Great another anime with cards. I just finished Fantasista Dolls and that wasn't good. But this, this is was a goo start! Geez, it got dark and creepy. That's some Final Destination stuff right there with the car! Pretty good for a first episode! This first episode was better than all of Fantasista Dolls.
Nov 3, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2014
At first I was like: "lol is that a girl character with a guy voice actor?" But once Akari was getting strangled by the plant I was like: WTF??? I knew this show was dark but I wasn't expecting this...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2016 10:10 AM

Feb 2014
Shinobuden said:
Didn't know about this anime until just now. First episode and people are already dying.

OP was awesome.

I was a bit surprised that the people possessed get killed along with the Daemonia. And wow, time just rewinded itself and made it so Fuyuna never even existed...that's pretty damn dark and cruel. I hope there's some kind of explanation for that down the road.
You know, I've never liked characters that end up like Fuyuna just because they're envious/jealous of someone but I kind of hope that Akari remembers killing her at some point. I can't say I really care that much about Fuyuna since she got offed so quickly but I don't like Akari not remembering her either for some reason. I don't know...it just doesn't sit well with me. Even though the guilt would eat at her I feel like she needs to know that she (albeit unwittingly) killed her cousin. Or maybe she's better off not knowing. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING ANYMORE!

*ahem* It was an interesting episode overall. Going to keep watching the other episodes to see where this is going.

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING ANYMORE!"

AUHaUHhuaHUaHU this ^

but I know what you're saying 'cause I feel/think the same ^_^
Nov 14, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2014
That was good first episode. Nice opening. I don't like characters design :<
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.