Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2013 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
MISAKA BLUSHED!! AHHH ><
i loved the soundtrack just after Eren went beserk and the elites are talking with Misaka about abandoning Eren... It's soo similiar to Ao No Exorcist's soundtrack;
AOE Suite Fourth Movement AI or
Assiah Fantasia 3rd Mov.; Die Himmlische Musik

As a musician I know my soundtracks
I'm slowly understanding Armin's role as a character in Shingeki No Kyoujin, AND realizing his awesomeness.
Although, I can't shake the feeling that... he's going to die. =.=
The pace is... KILLING ME!, it's admirable at the same time as annoying!
And the fact that next week will be a half-filler... DAMN IT.
But nevertheless, it was another amazing episode... Can't wait for next week's ^^
yalekJun 23, 2013 4:42 PM
Jun 23, 2013 5:28 PM
Apr 2010
need some more action plz... I mean there was some action in there, but I feel like it really wasn't as hyped as i thought it would be. I feel like everything's just being stretched thin at this point.
Jun 23, 2013 6:10 PM

Oct 2008
Radius said:
PoeticJustice said:
By terrible person, I mean sociopath. It is not natural for a 9 year old to be capable of murder and not feel a damn thing afterwards. He frequently got in fights as child despite being pathetically weak and he has delusions of grandeur. He disregards almost everyone's feelings excuse me, not people. Is that not a textbook sociopath?

You must be watching the show with your eyes closed. Eren is no doubt sociopath, but only one reason from your entire post is valid. Other reasons are pure BS.

Killing someone without feeling remorse is not what makes someone a sociopath. It is a little more complicated than that. And feeling empathy for a complete stranger as Eren shows is something a sociopath is not capable of. Eren is odd. But he is not a sociopath.
Jun 23, 2013 6:13 PM
Oct 2012
alek789 said:
You mean the Railgun? She blushes too often.

Ao no Exorcist and Shingeki no Kyojin's soundtrack are both composed by Hiroyuki Sawano, one of the gods of anime music. That's why it sounds so similar.
Jun 23, 2013 6:45 PM

Dec 2008
Nothing new happened in this episode, I felt robbed.
Jun 23, 2013 6:57 PM

Aug 2010
Levi needs to come back!
Jun 23, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
Alternate ending.
Jun 23, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2011
Edefrem said:
Alternate ending.

kyaaaaaa <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 best ending ever!!!!!! <333333 X eternity
Jun 23, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2008
pralan said:
skudoops said:
So where did this episode actually end?

Where it ends...

Half a year later...
Jun 23, 2013 8:29 PM
Oct 2012
Edefrem said:
Alternate ending.
What. The. Fuck.
Jun 23, 2013 9:04 PM

Dec 2007
Quote me, As the coming episode 13 will be all action and epic endings. I know because I've read the manga. So have some god damn faith you babies.
Jun 23, 2013 9:52 PM

Nov 2011
markeo16 said:
I've noticed how bad all these human soldiers actually are.
They soldiers don't listen to orders and always try to argue.
When someone see's someone else get eaten, yes it's saddening but you go and have a nervous breakdown on the battlefield and get saved by someone else just before you get eaten.
Whenever someone goes on about a plan or says even something relevant to titans, there's always that one fully grown man crying saying he can't do this.
Most of them are pussies and really not well disciplined. I'm surprised they lasted this long.

LMAO. It is quite common for soldiers during the 1700 to kill their officers if secretly they disagree with them or if the officer sends them to a fight they cant win :D Compared to real life soldiers, The soldiers of SnK are discipline and loyal as fuck. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
The Art of Eight
Jun 23, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2009
This episode was good but the animation shortcuts were soooooo obvious.
Mikasa was badass as usual, and adorable to boot. I didn't like him much at first but Armin's really grown on me in these past few episodes. As for Jean... PLEASE DON'T DIE, JEAN!
PinkSnowJun 23, 2013 10:06 PM
Jun 24, 2013 1:50 AM

Feb 2012
Boring and useless episode (wtf does this show really have rating 9.00?).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 24, 2013 1:53 AM
Dec 2012
Episode was ok but was very slow paced in my opinion.
Jun 24, 2013 2:07 AM
Jul 2018
Somehow the pace is so unbearably slow now. I feel like the last few episode were like 70% talking that could have been done way quicker and 30% really doing something.
I have a feeling that it will take a little while until things will change, but I really hope this whole "Battle of Trost" will be over soon.

I know the manga is almost the same but for some reason it doesn't feel like so much useless talking that could have been easily put into a few words was going on there.
But well not like they can really put these kind of huge dialogues in a manga in the first place
Jun 24, 2013 3:06 AM
Jul 2018

Too much talk. The pacing is slow.
If this goes on, there will be no FT arc. :(
And oh, that scene with Jean is really good.
Jun 24, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
Was a awesome episode . Can't wait for the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2008
chikuita0621 said:

The hell are you talking about? Trost ends next week.
Jun 24, 2013 3:34 AM

Apr 2012
There is always going to be a few slow episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2012
Darklight0303 said:
chikuita0621 said:

The hell are you talking about? Trost ends next week.
FUCKING FINALLY
Jun 24, 2013 4:54 AM

Jan 2012
Meh episode, at least it wasn't as much of a slideshow as previous episodes, the corner cutting is pretty apparent by now though. Hopefully it picks up again next episode when Trost finally ends.

KingLear said:

I'm betting a lot of desperate fanboy accounts are popping up about now. Especially seeing the swing in episode ratings and comments.
Jun 24, 2013 5:57 AM

Apr 2008
ReasonDesu said:
Meh episode, at least it wasn't as much of a slideshow as previous episodes, the corner cutting is pretty apparent by now though. Hopefully it picks up again next episode when Trost finally ends.

KingLear said:

I'm betting a lot of desperate fanboy accounts are popping up about now. Especially seeing the swing in episode ratings and comments.

As if there's any need. THis was the weakest arc in the series. Next arc will blow ratings sky high.
Jun 24, 2013 6:04 AM
Sep 2012
Honestly, it all depends on how they'll cover the rest of the material. These chapters were set-up chapters and probably would've been better if the past episodes were condensed, but at the same time, I feel like there's a possibility they would have been rushed and that would not be good either.
Jun 24, 2013 6:14 AM

Oct 2009
Great ep, a bit slow in my opinion.
Love that OST!
Wanted to see eren in action this week, but guess I'll have to wait till next week.

Jun 24, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2013
antoher great episode ^^
Mikasa blush <333
Jun 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Dec 2012
Another good episode. I'm on the fence with the slowing down of pace. On one hand, it's a good chance to explore other characters that the manga does not have time for. On the other hand, they should have come up with lines other than "humanity is doomed," "we can't win." How deep can they become if many of them repeat the same things?

Granted that despair is a recurring theme in this anime and manga, but the repetitiveness can be annoying after a while. The manga balances it out with relentless actions, while the anime started dragging it out.
Jun 24, 2013 8:05 AM

Feb 2008
Eren finding his resolve was cool. Overall, a rather good episode, better than the previous episode, for an example. Next one is going to be even better.
Jun 24, 2013 8:16 AM

Feb 2013
even though i got mad when it ended all shingeki-like, i still liked this episode.
rly like the developement of armin :)
and mikasa...her face towards the other elite-members :D
4.5/5
Jun 24, 2013 8:34 AM

Nov 2010
That was thrilling!
Ian was so cool and I laughed about his "boyfriend" remark addressed to Mikasa :D

Jun 24, 2013 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
Sindri42a said:
Dodgers20 said:
PoeticJustice said:

Maybe the waifu comment was an exaggeration, but she is still a flat, one dimensional character.

Replace the word "waifu" with "nanny", and it won't gonna be an exaggeration anymore. Because that's what Mikasa does: sure, there is some amount of justification of her behaviour and it's natural she wants to keep him alive since currently Eren is her only family left, but this side of hers has been overblown so much she doesn't have anything to write home about, to the point of making her effectively hollow in the inside in the bad meaning of words. She doesn't have enough diversity in her character to make herself more than a "badass" drone programmed to be around Eren no matter what, even if it's clear to her Eren is annoyed by her overbearing attachment that would even lead her to refuse orders from her superiors, which doesn't exactly reinforce the idea of a female character with a strong sense of self-conciousness, but more of a character who can't even function properly when her "owner" is around. Sure, this caring side is somewhat of an opposite of her "strong woman" image and would provide diversity, but there is such a gap and lack of integrity between these two sides she feels more like a character with two seperate personalities that are switched around in convinient intervals, instead of one single character with many personality aspects.

I don't see how it comes across as 2 different personalities. She became strong specifically because she cared for Eren and didn't want to lose the last of her family. Her reason for joining was to protect him, after all. It's the standard "the thing I must protect" reason most knights/soldiers train themselves to become strong. I don't see how you couldn't get that. Her strength comes about because of her care. They're linked, so I don't see how you could call them separate personalities. I thought they made that pretty obvious.

I have a feeling you haven't read the beginning of my comment, and I also have the feeling you misunderstood the angle I was talking about her character: I was talking about her in the way the writing executes her character, and not about how the story justifies her actions.

I acknowledged that she has a good reason to protect Eren, hell, the majority of episode 6 was dedicated to this point so much no one could've possibly missed her motivation when it comes to protecting Eren. The problem is that this side of hers stuffs the metaphorical room so much other personality traits can't fit in enough to make a mentionable diverson in her character, it's like the author was so obsessed to show off this side of Mikasa he forgot to write her character concept further with the same amount of attention this side gets. I understand it perfectly well why Mikasa holds Eren in such importance and why she joined the anti-Titan forces in the first place, but this doesn't mean she can't have an indendity of her own that shows she can "function" enough to be considered as an actual character. Because as it stands now, she has literally nothing to go for besides being Eren's OP nanny with the borderline addict behaviour, that's partially why I descriped her as a drone. For example: in episode 5, I would've appriciated it a good lot more if Mikasa would've said "Eren... be careful and return alive, okay?" to Eren with a faint smile when he was about to go away with his squad. Instead, she did what she usually does and practically begged Eren to let her go with him. In a way this is a too childish and rose-tainted portrayal compared to her similarly overdone and unimpressive "cold badass" side, and thus makeing a gap so large it hardly can be justified with diverse characterisation, but with laziness on the writing's side that attempts to do a "badass but caring" character, and ends with a character that overdoes both angles and archieves nothing remarkable in a writing standpoint. I like cool characters who have a caring heart of gold if this arhetype is executed well enough, but the way this story executes this character archetype just lacks the kind of charm that can make characters like her likeable and interesting. If anything, she's a half-hearted attempt at this archetype, with no concrete idea on the writer's side how to advance the bulding of her character.

Sindri42a said:
When soldiers see their family and stop acting all stoic and show their loving side, you don't consider them separate personalities, do you?

Of course not, that's why I said that part about "one single character with many personality traits": normally there is nothing wrong if a strong character has a caring side since it adds diversity to their character and shows that the character has a more or less caring heart, makeing him or her more human than she first appears to be. When it comes to writing, it's fairly much a given thing that this kind of character needs to be created in a way these sides of the character doesn't feel forced, otherwise the character itself will just become a cheap, lifeless device so the author can squeeze out "dem feels" from the viewers/readers. In a sense, it's a gamble whether you can give off the impression that your character is complex enough or not, and in this aspect, Mikasa is a very good example to the latter case. Her "badass" side is unimpressively boring even though her sense of justice would've given her a good start to develop her character, and her caring side has become repetitive a long ago thanks to her being so stubborn she's not learning anything from Eren's reactions, or even reflecting on them to the point she can see the error in her initally not wrong ways (="caring is good, but not if I become a burden to him due to my nagging"). Again, I don't have any problem with her being a caring character who shows gratitude towards her "liberator", but there's no middle ground between her two sides to develop an actual character that can stand on its own, and more importantly, at this point she has nothing that could form her own agenda besides her constantly repeated caring that makes her character progressively boring in the long run, it looses its touch the more times and more frequently its shown. To be frank, I don't see any reason why I should care about her in the first place if her character is restricted to this tired out drama device that didn't even made a good impression to me since the series started (I figured there was a tragic past behind her caring side since the first episode, and I was right on the mark).

Sindri42a said:
She's extremely protective of Eren, but who wouldn't be in this situation? He's just come back from being thought dead after she thought she had lost the last of her family. She certainly helps others and does her duty as a soldier, but if it comes down to them or the last of your family who you just recently thought had died and who you owe a great debt, I'm sure you would agree with what most people would choose. Especially considering Eren, at the time, is their only hope of plugging the hole and preventing the extinction of the human race.

For the record: it's perfectly reasonable that everyone wants to protect the person he/she cares about the most, but even this becomes repetitive in a story if this is presented with the same dramatic tone every single time and more frequently than necessary, treating viewers as people who have such short memory they need to be reminded all the time. In other words: this side of her got too much emphasis already, it's about time to actually develop her character into territories that doesn't necessarily involve protecting Eren with tooth and nails. Or if the author wants show off her caring side this much, at least let Mikasa feel something towards other people. It's pushing it a bit if she doesn't even mourn the death of her step-mother, and the disappearence of her step-father at all, just because she's so obsessed with Eren everyone else can sod off, just because they happen to be not Eren. Yes, Eren did killed those guys, but the step-parents should deserve a similar kind of gratitude and caring if they let her stay at their place as a step-child and treat her like their own child, which they did. To be honest, I was expecting that she would feel as much sadness and anger over the loss of her step-mother as Eren did, and the usual "badass" poker face and lack of wider thinking just doesn't cut it no matter how cold, or emotionally damaged she's supposed to be. This is another reason why I called her a drone, it's like her "programming" prevents her from having feelings that doesn't do anything with her "order" about careing only about Eren.
Jun 24, 2013 9:23 AM
May 2013
The scene that Mikasa blushed was priceless.
"Family" in this case means "husband."
Right, Mikasa?
Jun 24, 2013 9:37 AM
Dec 2012
Because of the scene involving Armin and Eren it kinda makes it predictable part of the secret behind Titans. I havent read the manga but it makes it really seam like

Just a guess.
Jun 24, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2010
Attack on Titan Greatest Moments!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Bz7rXmp3I
Jun 24, 2013 12:53 PM

Dec 2010
Dodgers20 said:
To be honest, I was expecting that she would feel as much sadness and anger over the loss of her step-mother as Eren did, and the usual "badass" poker face and lack of wider thinking just doesn't cut it no matter how cold, or emotionally damaged she's supposed to be. This is another reason why I called her a drone, it's like her "programming" prevents her from having feelings that doesn't do anything with her "order" about careing only about Eren.

The director or maybe the writer is on a crusade to assassinate her character. If guilty crown is any indication he hates women so I'm not surprised that someone became the target of his inability to have cool female characters, I'm just sad it had to be Mikasa.
Jun 24, 2013 1:08 PM

Oct 2012
Eren is failure again. Nothing suprising I guess. At least this ep was totally owned by Mikasa and Armin.

And I have to say I hate this ever slowing pace, let's hope this arc would be over next time.
(there were also some issues with character faces quality but it got better towards the end)

Gripsocks said:
Because of the scene involving Armin and Eren it kinda makes it predictable part of the secret behind Titans. I havent read the manga but it makes it really seam like

Just a guess.

Funny, I was just thinking the same :) I think this is very suitable answer for titans' origin.
Mich666Jun 24, 2013 1:16 PM
Jun 24, 2013 4:31 PM

Oct 2012

a pretty detailed review of ep 12.
Jun 24, 2013 6:12 PM
Sep 2007
Am I the only person who can't stand the recent pace of the past few episodes? It's literally 2-5 minutes of events with 20 minutes of dialogue.. The original method of filler bullshit is back! Naruto changed the filler scene by making random dumbass episodes and bleach with their stupid sagas, but cmon'.. I prefer quality over quantity of episodes.. Done with this anime, but I enjoy the manga.
Jun 24, 2013 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
Zaal said:
Am I the only person who can't stand the recent pace of the past few episodes? It's literally 2-5 minutes of events with 20 minutes of dialogue.. The original method of filler bullshit is back! Naruto changed the filler scene by making random dumbass episodes and bleach with their stupid sagas, but cmon'.. I prefer quality over quantity of episodes.. Done with this anime, but I enjoy the manga.

Except most of this stuff was in the manga too so you're talking out your ass
Jun 24, 2013 6:32 PM
Sep 2007
And you're talking out of your ass with a non-sensible response.. Maybe you should elaborate a bit beyond, 'most of this stuff was in the manga', if by that you mean the dialogue? Well, that's covered in 2 pages of manga, obviously it's being drawn out when they take 20 minutes for 2 pages of manga.
Jun 24, 2013 7:18 PM
Dec 2012
Zaal said:
And you're talking out of your ass with a non-sensible response.. Maybe you should elaborate a bit beyond, 'most of this stuff was in the manga', if by that you mean the dialogue? Well, that's covered in 2 pages of manga, obviously it's being drawn out when they take 20 minutes for 2 pages of manga.

Pretty sure he means everything. There has been no filler except for the Jean scene. The purpose of the pace is so that they don't have to cut corners later and hopefully continue the series for the lifespan of the manga. I know right tough life watching a series for 15minutes once a week, you should apply for make-a-wish.
Jun 24, 2013 9:52 PM

Dec 2012
Last three episodes have really been a drag. Exposition is okay, but for fuck sake, everything in moderation! They just dragged everything out so much these last episodes that you knew half way through that the episode would end five seconds before anything good happened. I'm glad Trost is ending soon, that should end some of the pacing issues, it's all going to be uphill from here... (probably).
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jun 24, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Wtf are ppl complaining about every episode has been fkn amazing
Jun 25, 2013 12:13 AM

Jan 2010
This complaining about pacing is getting really ridiculous. I'm the one here with ADD, and the pace hasn't bugged me one bit. This so called "slowness", is nothing compared to some other crap I've seen. I actually prefer this over a show rushing things so fast that you don't even have a chance to catch your breath or focus on all of it.
Jun 25, 2013 1:20 AM
Mar 2009
Ugh, this episode and last episode felt so dragged out. Motivational speech from Dot + Eren having to relearn how to control his Titan could have been put into one episode. Those damn stills.

Gotta wait another week to see if Trost finally defends itself from the Titans.
Jun 25, 2013 2:18 AM
Mar 2008
Zaal said:

He's just butthurt since we're not praising SnK.
Jun 25, 2013 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
6/10 srlsy this is getting boring, nothing rly happened, even Narutos filler has more storyLine in it than Shingeki overall^%^
Jun 25, 2013 2:39 AM

Jul 2011
Yeah, I'm getting bored with this show. It's like having a ton of foreplay and then going to bed... **** that.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jun 25, 2013 3:11 AM
Mar 2013
Armin was pretty brave to stab like that
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.