Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
May 22, 2013 8:27 AM

May 2013
I dislike artsy fartsy/old/weird stuff that makes hipsters feel like they know art and are different.

I enjoy art from stuff like Clannad/Tengan Toppa or h/e you spell it
May 22, 2013 8:30 AM

Aug 2012
Clannad, Air, Kanon, One Piece.
.................................................................................
May 22, 2013 8:30 AM

Feb 2013
I really hate animes that have the same art style as clannad, it's so annoying how they have such big eyes and big spikey hair(yu-gi-oh is different because their eyes arn't bad) but yea the clannad art style isn't very intriguing to me.
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

May 22, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2012
shoujoshit.

and old anime art.
May 22, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
nomanz said:
I dislike artsy fartsy/old/weird stuff that makes hipsters feel like they know art and are different.

People like you make me want to eat my own feces.
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
May 24, 2013 2:24 PM

Jan 2012
Forgetfulness said:
MidnighBlueBlack said:
Forgetfulness said:
nachum00 said:
Clannad, K-On and other crap like that.

And anyone that says "old" anime looks like crap needs to grow up and stop being retarded.

Not nearly as retarded as this post.

"Anyone that says "moe" anime looks like crap needs to grow up and stop being retarded"

Yeah but--Just curious here, so don't take this the wrong way--What's so great about Moe designs/art? Cause like, wow, I see people insult Moe and then Moe fans get, like, up in arms about it. What's the big deal?

Also, what's so bad about old anime art? What about it makes it 'ugly' or whatever?

I'm not super into moe. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of that post.

As for my personal opinion, I would take moe over old art.
Well, I find the way things are drawn in newer anime in general are better looking in my opinion. I also think it looks a lot cleaner and doesn't include unnecessary details.

Did I mention Moe? I just hate character designs with giant foreheads and ridiculously huge eyes. Then theres the fact that all those characters in their respective shows look exactly the same, just with different hair. I just hate Kyoto Animation.
nachum00May 24, 2013 2:43 PM
May 24, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2012
That really jagged ass art style of Moonlight Mile.
May 24, 2013 3:48 PM

May 2013
The only animes so far that I didn't really like the art style was Clannad and Boku ga ita
Zetsuboushita!!!
May 24, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2010
nachum00 said:
Did I mention Moe? I just hate character designs with giant foreheads and ridiculously huge eyes. Then theres the fact that all those characters in their respective shows look exactly the same, just with different hair. I just hate Kyoto Animation.

Whoa did you actually favorite Ranma
May 24, 2013 3:52 PM

Nov 2012
I hate art styles that are too overused and common. We need variety!
May 24, 2013 3:52 PM

Jun 2012
Too realistic. Or just really weird.
I actually find Aku no Hana to be okay.
May 24, 2013 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
Hehe, what about this new anime, something with a flower?
It has this kind of... 'interesting' animation/drawing work...
May 24, 2013 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
jal90 said:
nachum00 said:

I can dislike an art style but still appreciate something based on its other merits. Ranma is hilarious and all the characters are likable and entertaining to me.

A great example would be Kyoto Animations Full Metal Panic. I absolutely hate the designs but I thought it was a pretty decent anime. I even have it on DVD.
nachum00May 24, 2013 6:02 PM
May 24, 2013 10:01 PM
Feb 2012
nachum00 said:
Forgetfulness said:
MidnighBlueBlack said:
Forgetfulness said:
nachum00 said:

And anyone that says "old" anime looks like crap needs to grow up and stop being retarded.

"Anyone that says "moe" anime looks like crap needs to grow up and stop being retarded"

Yeah but--Just curious here, so don't take this the wrong way--What's so great about Moe designs/art? Cause like, wow, I see people insult Moe and then Moe fans get, like, up in arms about it. What's the big deal?

Also, what's so bad about old anime art? What about it makes it 'ugly' or whatever?

Well, I find the way things are drawn in newer anime in general are better looking in my opinion. I also think it looks a lot cleaner and doesn't include unnecessary details.

Ignorance is your new best friend.
May 25, 2013 1:36 AM

Jan 2012
EmeraldSlate said:
nachum00 said:
Forgetfulness said:
MidnighBlueBlack said:
Forgetfulness said:
nachum00 said:

Ignorance is your new best friend.

You aren't my friend.
May 25, 2013 2:52 AM

May 2013
The one in clannad but stil a awesome anime
It's insane how awesome Fate/Zero is.
May 25, 2013 3:56 AM

Oct 2010
nachum00 said:
jal90 said:
nachum00 said:

I can dislike an art style but still appreciate something based on its other merits. Ranma is hilarious and all the characters are likable and entertaining to me.

A great example would be Kyoto Animations Full Metal Panic. I absolutely hate the designs but I thought it was a pretty decent anime. I even have it on DVD.

Nice then, it was just a funny coincidence.

I still think that the Clannad and K-On! artstyles are quite differentiable from one another, but whatever floats your boat in this case.
May 26, 2013 8:33 PM
Mar 2009
Midori no hibi burns your eyes
May 26, 2013 8:37 PM

Feb 2012
Initial D Fifth Stage. The new look of Keisuke and Takumi I am not a fan of.
May 26, 2013 8:42 PM

Nov 2010
MFKAE86 said:
Initial D Fifth Stage. The new look of Keisuke and Takumi I am not a fan of.
The one thing that's weird about that show. The art changes between every stage.
May 26, 2013 9:57 PM

Aug 2012
Not really an art style, but I loathe that technique that reuses old frames for fight scenes over and over again, kind of like in Gundam SEED
What do you think? The meaning of our existence. Why do we continue to live?
~Iris Rain Umbrella, my favorite robot
May 26, 2013 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
As much as I like Kaiji, the art isn't appealing at all. Kaiji's design is ok, but the others look so goddamn irritating
May 27, 2013 3:02 AM

Feb 2013
There isn't really a specific style I hate, but some shows in which I found the art to be unappealing are Higurashi, Big O, Akagi, Burst Angel, Devil Hunter Yohko, This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, Kaze No Stigma, and xxxHOLiC.
May 27, 2013 2:42 PM

Nov 2010
can't say a style but i can say i few shows i couldn't stand the art xD

bokura ga ita - allong with the weird art, the unfinished ending and some other stuff i didn't like earned it the low score i gave it (hey it could be FAR! better without much change)

death note - still can't realy put my finger on it what put me off in this show (reason i can't get myself to finish it) and the art doesn't help one bit

aku no hana - haven't started it yet (hell, if the story is good i can live with the art) but damn that just looks weird haha

these are the only ones i can say the art realy botherd me/took part in my scoring the show
May 27, 2013 2:49 PM

Oct 2012
kickthebucket said:
death note - still can't realy put my finger on it what put me off in this show (reason i can't get myself to finish it) and the art doesn't help one bit

You tried it subbed? Because it shits on dubbed version, english voice actor of Light over dramatizes every goddamn scene and others just sound plain dumb
May 27, 2013 2:50 PM

May 2013
Hm, let's see. A certain adaption's style. It's quite recent actually. Critically acclaimed by a whole lot.

*spit on ground* ...
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
cuntologics said:
Hm, let's see. A certain adaption's style. It's quite recent actually. Critically acclaimed by a whole lot.

*spit on ground* ...

I know right, it's good anime and all, but SNK's art just fails and turns me off.
Jun 5, 2013 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Monad said:
Noinochi said:
Clannad, Air, Kanon

Those art styles.. so..ugly..

+1 and big black letters on that.

Actually, I like this art. Well, Clannad took some time getting use to (I mean, the main girl has really big eyes and cockroach like antennas on her head, I mean, reminds me of a bug) but the art work is actually beautiful. I'd rather have bad desings in good animation then good designs in bad animation - like Little Busters for example, bad quality but good visual art)

Same goes for Kanon and Air, Kanon looks the most normal out of the three (leaving 2002, I mean, that head!), while I can't really get use to Air eyes (worst eyes among the three).

nachum00 said:

So? That's called having an opinion, and you shouldn't tell people to grow up WHEN THEY HAVE AN OPINION. I mean, I sort of laughed at your comments, called Clannad and K-On! crap (using YOUR OPINION, but whatever) and then you say whoever calls old animation crap HAS A BAD OPINION. I'm just laughing at your ignorance, anyone that does not agree with old animation style immediately becomes a child and has a mental problem, but what does that make you? A hypocrite.

Not saying that I find old animation crappy or anything.

Any-who, I actually like K-On! animation, I mean, hell, has really good quality (but low in KyoAni standards) acceptable faces, but, if you stop watching an anime just because of the animation, then you sir, are a crap.

Moving on to my own pet peeves,

girls, eyes to lasy, and the guys; everything! Nouse, moth, hair, arms. I get annoyed with this art style.
Jun 5, 2013 7:42 PM
Feb 2012
Shojo-chanCat said:
Monad said:
Noinochi said:
Clannad, Air, Kanon

Those art styles.. so..ugly..

+1 and big black letters on that.

Actually, I like this art. Well, Clannad took some time getting use to (I mean, the main girl has really big eyes and cockroach like antennas on her head, I mean, reminds me of a bug) but the art work is actually beautiful. I'd rather have bad desings in good animation then good designs in bad animation - like Little Busters for example, bad quality but good visual art)

Same goes for Kanon and Air, Kanon looks the most normal out of the three (leaving 2002, I mean, that head!), while I can't really get use to Air eyes (worst eyes among the three).

nachum00 said:

So? That's called having an opinion, and you shouldn't tell people to grow up WHEN THEY HAVE AN OPINION. I mean, I sort of laughed at your comments, called Clannad and K-On! crap (using YOUR OPINION, but whatever) and then you say whoever calls old animation crap HAS A BAD OPINION. I'm just laughing at your ignorance, anyone that does not agree with old animation style immediately becomes a child and has a mental problem, but what does that make you? A hypocrite.

Not saying that I find old animation crappy or anything.

Any-who, I actually like K-On! animation, I mean, hell, has really good quality (but low in KyoAni standards) acceptable faces, but, if you stop watching an anime just because of the animation, then you sir, are a crap.

Moving on to my own pet peeves,

girls, eyes to lasy, and the guys; everything! Nouse, moth, hair, arms. I get annoyed with this art style.

ANN disciples would like to have a word with you.

Totally agree with your post, KyoAni haters for the most part are the same carbon copy loliphobes that make anime otaku in the west unbearable to debate with.
Jun 6, 2013 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
Jojo's, I am just watching it for the plot ( which I've been told was quite awesome ) so yeah..
And kaiji's .
Insert wise quote here
Jun 6, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2013
Didn't read the thread, but would I be right in assuming its 17 pages of people bitching about kyoto animation?
Jun 6, 2013 12:47 AM
Nov 2012
OneHellOfAuser said:
Jojo's, I am just watching it for the plot

Wait, you're watching JoJo's for the plot?
[continued laughter]
Jun 6, 2013 5:04 AM

Jul 2012
Anything by Imaishi.
Too much shoujo.
Key.
Anything adapted by P.A. Works.
K-On!
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jun 6, 2013 6:31 AM

May 2013
The girls in K-on literally have the faces of toddlers. I am NOT kidding. I am pretty sure I have not yet seen any other anime do this, like ever. It is just completely unrealistic. I am all for Moe, but at least the majority of them look like actual teenagers -.-
Jun 6, 2013 2:31 PM
Nov 2012
I guess
any harem anime from 1996-2004. Sorry, but... I just dont like them

Not fond of Mermaid Melody or Naruto either :(
(the character designs aren't bad in either, just the drawing style doesnt appeal to me)

Kamichama Karin is weird, I LOVE the art in the manga, but not in the anime show.
YuiChocoJun 6, 2013 2:40 PM
Jun 7, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2013
Seems that Key's animation style is hit or miss. I for one don't mind their design. I actually like it a lot.
What I hate is when they try to draw character's to look way too realistic. The older anime art styles were pretty hard to look at for me too.
Jun 7, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2013
Aku No Hana
Junjou Romantica. *sorry girls, I don't talk about the plot but about the art style.*
Kimi to Boku.
Jun 7, 2013 5:27 PM

Jan 2013
Lucky Star...
Jun 7, 2013 5:54 PM

May 2013
The Junjou Romatica style pisses me off and also i'm not a fan of yaoi chins.

The Evangelion and Sailor Moon art styles used to bother me a lot
Jun 8, 2013 6:32 AM

Dec 2010
Lucky Star
Key Animation - this shit is killing anime industry.
Jun 8, 2013 7:23 AM

Jul 2008
Not a moe fan. Not at all.

Also, excessively shoujo crap annoys the hell out of me. At least, the ones with the eyes that are their entire face, or the ones with chins that would mortally stab them if they ever tried to look down. I'm all for the bishies though, so if you can do shoujo without that (and without a dumb plot) I'm down.
Jun 8, 2013 8:24 AM

Sep 2011
Lucky Star and Key. Can't appreciate that shit at all.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Jun 8, 2013 8:40 AM

Jun 2013
i don't really have any complaints with the art of an anime but i really don't like women with overlysized boobs (I MEAN WOMEN WITH BREASTS THAT NO MAN CAN HANDLE) I guess i just prefer normal breasted women lol.
Jun 8, 2013 8:47 AM

Jun 2013
The artwork in the anime Bokura ga Ita pissed me off. Watched the first minute and already had enough.

I like the artworks of e.g. Zero no Tsukaima and Suzuka
Jun 8, 2013 9:03 AM

Nov 2008
Noinochi said:
Clannad, Air, Kanon

I didn't care for those art styles either. Mainly because of their faces.

Overall, though, it is only really bad art that makes a show painful to watch. Sci-Fi Harry is a good example; the characters had gray skin and stuff like that.
Jun 8, 2013 11:25 AM

May 2013
the kind used in bokura ga ita.. I can't believe I finished that serie, the artwork was so annoying..

I also dropped lovely complex from the 1st episode because it reminded me of bokura and I was like.. NO way not again --'

I also just started watching clannad.. and I'm really hating the fact that they look like kids when they're actually in high school. Characters should look their age.

oh and I hate girl with EXTRA big bouncing boobs --'
Lady_OumJun 8, 2013 11:47 AM
Jun 8, 2013 11:35 AM

May 2013
KeyPlusWords said:
i don't really have any complaints with the art of an anime but i really don't like women with overlysized boobs (I MEAN WOMEN WITH BREASTS THAT NO MAN CAN HANDLE) I guess i just prefer normal breasted women lol.

^ This!
Jun 8, 2013 12:50 PM

Jun 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
KeyPlusWords said:

^ This!

Said Taiga. Made me laugh very hard.
xFlayJun 8, 2013 1:16 PM
Jun 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
I hate moe style, definitely.

And.. a long time ago, Key's style too, but later i've started to love it.
MiyushanJun 8, 2013 6:51 PM
Jun 8, 2013 1:16 PM

Feb 2010
HxH manga
I probably regret this post by now.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

112 by Play2X »»
14 minutes ago

» Why do you think about Orihime from Bleach?

isolated-otaku - 6 hours ago

20 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
18 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment ( 1 2 )

JaaShooUhh - Jun 12

55 by RainAndLava »»
23 minutes ago

» An anime analogue of your favorite Western animation

RobertBobert - Apr 9

27 by Doukanon »»
39 minutes ago

» Who here has a more Unconventional first ever anime?

TheBlockernator - 2 hours ago

8 by 3miL »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.