Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2013 10:31 AM
Aug 2012
Everyone's s sayin it was a good episodes. hell no, they spent half the episode having that Pixis guy trying to motivate his men and then the other half was spent thinking of a plan.
I know it's good for Pixis' character to be portrayed well so the audience know how he thinks and how he runs things. but really i don't think they need to spend 8 episodes on the 'defense of trost'.
This anime seems to be loosing pace and the episodes are starting to get boring.
f*** this i'm reading the manga.
Jun 17, 2013 10:33 AM

Jan 2013
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
DawnJ said:

Because you and most of anime fans(haha) just download and watch animes doesn't mean there's no one paying for the show. And you are pretty much touching the part where you shouldn't(wink).

No, I'm correct, you cannot buy Shingeki no Kyojin right now, because its only just being released for stream and download. When it comes out officially on bluray I will buy it :D

Nope, I'm pretty much paying to watch SnK in the internet(and it's legal and official). And you know people can just watch the live in niconico.

And the reason you shouldn't touch the part is, you are practically saying 99% of anime communities should just shut down.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 17, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2010
markeo16 said:
Everyone's s sayin it was a good episodes. hell no, they spent half the episode having that Pixis guy trying to motivate his men and then the other half was spent thinking of a plan.
I know it's good for Pixis' character to be portrayed well so the audience know how he thinks and how he runs things. but really i don't think they need to spend 8 episodes on the 'defense of trost'.
This anime seems to be loosing pace and the episodes are starting to get boring.
f*** this i'm reading the manga.

You'll be just as bored because it's exactly the same. This episode covered exactly 1 chapter of the manga.

Also, people can say whatever they want on the internet, because it is the internet. Who on this website is getting paid? Only the developers who collect advertising money.
Jun 17, 2013 10:39 AM
Mar 2011
DawnJ said:

Nope, I'm pretty much paying to watch SnK in the internet(and it's legal and official). And you know people can just watch the live in niconico.

And the reason you shouldn't touch the part is, you are practically saying 99% of anime communities should just shut down.

I'm saying the people who just sit and watch the stuff without contributing at all, who just criticize every little thing, attempt to damper everyone's opinion and "rally the forces" against a great thing should keep their mouths shut. There is no reason to complain about Attack on Titan, and some of the bad comments its getting on MAL are way too excessive. That pisses me off, because it deserves more from the fans so far.
Jun 17, 2013 10:41 AM

Jun 2013
rava said:
You'll be just as bored because it's exactly the same. This episode covered exactly 1 chapter of the manga.

Were you referring to him, or were you also bored? I don't quite get why it was supposed to be boring, I'm trying to understand. (Maybe I'm not "shounen" enough...)

ALSO:
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY (as opposed to companies, money, payments, economics, trolling...) DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA (and other irrelevant crap) BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Anyone disregarding that should be considered pretarded.
JyupitaJun 17, 2013 10:44 AM
Jun 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Dec 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
DawnJ said:

I'm saying the people who just sit and watch the stuff without contributing at all, who just criticize every little thing, attempt to damper everyone's opinion and "rally the forces" against a great thing should keep their mouths shut. There is no reason to complain about Attack on Titan, and some of the bad comments its getting on MAL are way too excessive. That pisses me off, because it deserves more from the fans so far.

Right but you can't come off as just as big a jackass in responding to them. If you see a criticism that you know is objectively wrong, then respond to it with evidence that they are incorrect.

On the other hand if someone says "I don't like this show for x subjective reason" then all you can say is "Well x subjective reason doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you so lets agree to disagree. After all this is just a hobby that I do in my spare time, so if someone else isn't into it as much as I am, it really has no effect on me."
Jun 17, 2013 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
There is no reason to complain about Attack on Titan

Heard of 'opinions'? People say they are quite popular these days.

Sadly, your logic is right, but you're completely ignoring that BOTH compliment and criticism should not be made. So, everyone including haters and fans, except those who paid to watch, must shut up(according to your logic).

and some of the bad comments its getting on MAL are way too excessive.

welcome to the interwebz
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 17, 2013 10:49 AM
Mar 2011
rava said:

Right but you can't come off as just as big a jackass in responding to them. If you see a criticism that you know is objectively wrong, then respond to it with evidence that they are incorrect.

On the other hand if someone says "I don't like this show for x subjective reason" then all you can say is "Well x subjective reason doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you so lets agree to disagree. After all this is just a hobby that I do in my spare time, so if someone else isn't into it as much as I am, it really has no effect on me."

True, a lot of the time I get way to into these arguments myself, but anime is one of my strongest passions in life, so I apologize for going over the top at times. You share good advice.
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 17, 2013 10:54 AM
Jun 17, 2013 10:51 AM
Mar 2011
DawnJ said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Sadly, your logic is right, but you're completely ignoring that BOTH compliment and criticizing should not be made. So, everyone including haters and fans, except those who paid to watch, must shut up(according to your logic).

No I was try to say that all people who complain and have something excessively bad to criticize about this series do far should go get eaten by a titan. I wasn't partaining to anything else.
Jun 17, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
I wonder how many people caught on to a verrry big foreshadow in this ep. It was only there for a second, but when it's revealed later it's quite a big twist in the story :P.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Jun 17, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
DawnJ said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:

Sadly, your logic is right, but you're completely ignoring that BOTH compliment and criticizing should not be made. So, everyone including haters and fans, except those who paid to watch, must shut up(according to your logic).

No I was try to say that all people who complain and have something excessively bad to criticize about this series do far should go get eaten by a titan. I wasn't partaining to anything else.
I think you need to get off the internet and reconsider your priorities, if you're going so far as to wish death upon anyone who disagrees with your opinion.
Jun 17, 2013 10:58 AM
Mar 2011
Shiveron said:
I wonder how many people caught on to a verrry big foreshadow in this ep. It was only there for a second, but when it's revealed later it's quite a big twist in the story :P.

You mean when Eren said "Titans aren't our only enemies"?
Jun 17, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Shiveron said:

No I believe that was eluding more to the humans turning on each other to survive. I caught something else.

Jun 17, 2013 11:02 AM
Mar 2011
Pknoctis said:
I think you need to get off the internet and reconsider your priorities, if you're going so far as to wish death upon anyone who disagrees with your opinion.

LoL, comeone m8! Obviously "Get eaten by a titan" was a play on words. I meant only that they get their arm / leg bitten off or maybe lose an eye ;D
Jun 17, 2013 11:20 AM

Sep 2012
Nah I won't be posting it in this thread. It's an anime only discussion and even if I put it in spoilers someones bound to cry, and I've already had my fair share of run ins with the moderators lol.

If you're really that interested and don't mind a huge spoiler you can shoot me a PM and i'll tell you what I saw.

Jun 17, 2013 11:21 AM
Mar 2011
Shiveron said:
Nah I won't be posting it in this thread. It's an anime only discussion and even if I put it in spoilers someones bound to cry, and I've already had my fair share of run ins with the moderators lol.

If you're really that interested and don't mind a huge spoiler you can shoot me a PM and i'll tell you what I saw.

Be more specific about what part it happened in the episode :D
Jun 17, 2013 11:24 AM

Dec 2010
Shiveron said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Shiveron said:

No I believe that was eluding more to the humans turning on each other to survive. I caught something else.

Actually in the manga that was a lot more clear. Right after Eren said "the titans are not our only enemy" Pixis shows up and is like "We're also racing against time."

The implication being that even if Armin's plan isn't perfect, they don't have time to waffle around over what the best plan is, they have to go with whatever they can come up with quickly.
Jun 17, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Shiveron said:

Roughly between 0 and 24:06.

Jun 17, 2013 11:28 AM
Mar 2011
Shiveron said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
Shiveron said:

Roughly between 0 and 24:06.

That narrows it down, thanks! XD
Jun 17, 2013 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Any time.

Jun 17, 2013 11:34 AM
Mar 2011
Forgetfulness said:
Any time.

"RAWRRR"

Go get em' Eren >:(
Jun 17, 2013 11:43 AM

Jun 2013
Alot of talk and then awesome 3D maneuvering scene! Oh, and the cliffhangar...
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Jun 17, 2013 12:15 PM
Oct 2011
MoeGalacticHero said:
Radius said:
Junchi said:
having 62,13% of 5/5s for a shitty ep like this is something which easily surpasses the capacity of the rational human mind.

People like something I hate?! Blasphemy!

That's not what he said though. You sound upset. Please calm down. I worry about you.

You should calm down and read my post again. I was/am not upset. I was being sarcastic because Junchi said that so many people loving this episode is absurd.
Jun 17, 2013 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
Archer-san said:
Alot of talk and then awesome 3D maneuvering scene! Oh, and the cliffhangar...

I loved the sparks that came from Eren's gear. Also, I don't read the manga, so I have no idea why he punched Mikasa. Could be a joke ("Stop following me, I'm not your brother") or a weakness - lack of control over the titan.

By the way, three pretards spotted so far.

NO HOLY BUDGET WARS IN THIS THREAD
Don't you guys have anything else to discuss than stills?
Jun 17, 2013 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
Shiveron said:

Oooh :) Let's put it this way - was it something foreshadowed already in the previous episodes in the anime?
Jun 17, 2013 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
Great ep!
Jun 17, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
zellami said:
Oooh :) Let's put it this way - was it something foreshadowed already in the previous episodes in the anime?

I am an SnK-anime-only person over here, but these are only a few issues addressed:

- Eren's punch at Mikasa - issues with the titan; is it taking over Eren?
- Pixis: "Eren is the result of a top-secret project." - Might become a highly-discussed issue later on in the series. Is probably related to "the basement".
- "Titans are not our only enemy."- Eren might be killed by crazed folks like Levi if they don't know he's a human titan, thus failing to move the boulder and making humanity suffer more.
- "Eren will not be strong enough to lift that boulder in human terms." - another issue which may be lacking attention.
- Eren: "I don't know how to activate the titan" - previous episode. Could be important.
Jun 17, 2013 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
^ These are excellent observations and they are all important.

Me asking was in the vein that anime could give clues on its own. If what he found concerns later events in the manga, shouldn't be discussed here, but I am curious anyway :]
Jun 17, 2013 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
Yo Yo my name is Eren Jeager
Now im gonna live as a beggar
So this is what happened
No spoilers so you can just listen:

Everyone thought i was a superman
They all had hopes on me, damn!
But I went out of control on Titan
Punching everyone i can
Dont know anymore who i am
Titan or a human?

Mikasa is probably dead
Well that's for suffocating me with bread!
Armin is also like mega mad
Man, that's bad!

Someone help me please,
I can't live with this tease!
Take that sword and slash like a pro
Not sure if im gonna live, tho
Im so angry, bro.

Yo yo my name is Eren Jeager
Today i lost control on Titan
Not sure if i will live or die
all i can say is - Good bye!

poem i made for ep 11 and 12
Jun 17, 2013 3:21 PM

Jun 2013
Lylaaz said:
Yo Yo my name is Eren Jeager
Now im gonna live as a beggar
So this is what happened
No spoilers so you can just listen:

Everyone thought i was a superman
They all had hopes on me, damn!
But I went out of control on Titan
Punching everyone i can
Dont know anymore who i am
Titan or a human?

Mikasa is probably dead
Well that's for suffocating me with bread!
Armin is also like mega mad
Man, that's bad!

Someone help me please,
I can't live with this tease!
Take that sword and slash like a pro
Not sure if im gonna live, tho
Im so angry, bro.

Yo yo my name is Eren Jeager
Today i lost control on Titan
Not sure if i will live or die
all i can say is - Good bye!

poem i made for ep 11 and 12

It's probably strange, but I enjoyed it very much. After the third stave I could hear the typical background voices they do in rap ("Chea, foo' what's uuuuuuuup").

Also, I have a classy limerick to end the day with:
A titan was formed by a boy,
While using his friends as decoy.
"And speaking of which,
Let me punch that dumb bitch."
It's funny, so Pixis feels joy.

No spoilers (I can't guarantee you Mikasa is not dead, still).
Jun 17, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2011
Mikasa is dead! this anime is over
Jun 17, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
another cliffhanger. another week to wait. D:

liked the 3d maneuver scene :D
Jun 17, 2013 7:27 PM
Mar 2012
Pixis has some damn impressive motivational speeches.
Jun 17, 2013 8:40 PM
Mar 2009
I'll admit the episode felt slow as hell. And all those stills definitely weren't helping.

Dot's speech was pretty much on the spot and wow, all the animation budget went into 30 seconds of screentime of the 3D maneuver gear.

Eren's gone berserk already? Ha. Wonder how they'll contain him and salvage the operation.
Jun 17, 2013 10:25 PM

Sep 2008
Not much happened in this episode. Just like the last one. Hopefully the pace can speed up again to how it was before.
Jun 17, 2013 11:48 PM
Mar 2011
I have a feeling the slow pace is possibly because the studio is planning on making this into a 36-52 episode anime series. This would make a lot of sense from many perspectives, and surely people could then understand the time changes with that as an explanation. I personally think that would be freaking awesome! A 36-52 episode anime is allowed to have a few drawn out eps of course, and that would be just fine with me! Anyways that's just my theory :D Its been a while since something like that has happened and this is the perfect series for a studio to do it with.
Jun 17, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2009
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
I have a feeling the slow pace is possibly because the studio is planning on making this into a 36-52 episode anime series.

They're not, you're an idiot.
Jun 18, 2013 1:10 AM
Nov 2012
Ouch at the ending. Ouch. Eren loses control! I didn't expect that though when I saw it, I was like ya, expected. But damn. Damn.
Jun 18, 2013 3:51 AM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
I have a feeling the slow pace is possibly because the studio is planning on making this into a 36-52 episode anime series.

Lewl this.

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: 25

Derp.

Jun 18, 2013 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
5layer said:
Not much happened in this episode. Just like the last one. Hopefully the pace can speed up again to how it was before.
What is this "much" you(and others) are talking about.

If you mean that soldiers dying and Titan Eren killing some Titans is "much" but a commander using Eren's power,rallying the troops,stating possible theories for the Titans' origin is "not much happening" then I guess you are just an action freak.
Jun 18, 2013 3:59 AM

Dec 2012
I liked this episode, I don't love constant action so this was nice and I was mildly surprised by what Eren did in the end.
Jun 18, 2013 5:24 AM
Mar 2013
whole episode was bla bla bla the only cool thing was Eren transformation and that got spoiled by his attack on poor Mikasa
wonder what's next episode
Jun 18, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2009
Pleistoros said:
whole episode was bla bla bla the only cool thing was Eren transformation and that got spoiled by his attack on poor Mikasa
wonder what's next episode
Action freak
Jun 18, 2013 10:16 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

For now I just say that I liked the episode! XD
Jun 18, 2013 10:23 AM

Mar 2012
Okay, so I guess Eotens were made by humanity to try to unite everyone... and I guess Eren's dad was working on some sort of secret project... good to know.

Also, pacing of this show has officially turned from "Suffering" to "Bad". Every single episode they go over the same exact things... and then they spend the entire episode reiterating... and then they spend two minutes on action/plot, and then we get a cliffhanger. This is classic manipulative story-telling. Who fucking wrote this thing, a middle-schooler?

How many fucking times does it have to be drilled into our heads that the soldiers are scared and want to run away? Only the best part is that they never do. Some character always steps up and gives a motivational speech that rallies them just enough to go on for one more time. BADASS!!! But repetitive and cheesy. Good Lord, I GET IT! The soldiers are scared! MOVE ON!

Wow! Eren transformed and attacked Mikasa! Holy crap! I wonder what will happen next! What will be the next crazy cliff-hanger that will advance the story forward like one measly inch and is really just there to make sure I don't drop the show because the plot isn't moving anywhere!? I wonder if Mikasa will transform too and we'll get some Titan on Titan action? Or maybe Eren isn't such a useful weapon after all? The super-power of the main hero isn't overpowered because it has a weakness! INSTANT DRAMA! And at the low, low price of two seconds of thinking!

Who needs creativity and story-building when you can just take your ideas right out of the "How to Write a Cliche Action Story" book? Well, I guess you could probably skip the chapters called: "Subtlety: Show Don't Tell" and "Tension: Don't Blow Your Load!"; and in fact, you could probably actually skip the whole book and just read: "Manipulative Story-Telling: How to Hide the Fact that You're a Talentless Hack!" Now maybe I'm being a bit harsh (I'm totally being too harsh, get over it), but holy crappola this show could lose a foot-race against a snail even if you gave it a ten-minute head-start. And I haven't even gone into the dialogue. My god, the dialogue. It's written like a bad fan-fiction.

On a serious note though, the show is still decent, and the action is definitely top-quality; but action is like... the least important element here. Great action stories all have something in common: action is a supplement to the story: the story and themes are what really drives the movement and makes the action worth it. Without a clear direction and lacking powerful themes... action is meaningless. It's sterile and entirely contrived. There is no flow. You can almost hear the narrator saying: "Now beginning exposition. Exposition complete. Now beginning action sequence. Action sequence complete."

I'm really considering moving this thing down to a 6/10.
Let's go bowling.
Jun 18, 2013 11:11 AM
Mar 2011
Amarrez said:

Says the troll :D
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 18, 2013 12:39 PM
Jun 18, 2013 11:13 AM
Mar 2011
Shiveron said:
Amarrez said:
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
I have a feeling the slow pace is possibly because the studio is planning on making this into a 36 episode anime series.

Lewl this.

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: 25

Derp.

Thats MAL for you, but for the first 6 episodes, it also said that shingeki no kyojin was going to be only 12 episodes. xD So it think its still possible for something like that to happen. I didn't post that idea without factual history to back it up. MAL says 24, while ANN says 25. ANN is usually right, but they didnt change their episode count until the 5/6th episode as well. So you can't say the series won't be longer than 24 until around episode 18, imo.
T3rm1n4t0r2Jun 18, 2013 12:41 PM
Jun 18, 2013 11:17 AM

Nov 2010
T3rm1n4t0r2 said:
That MaL for you, but for the first 6 episodes, it said shingeki no kyojin was going to be only 12 episodes. xD
No it didn't, from the beginning it's said 25.
Jun 18, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
I love how the theory of ending wars by uniting humans against a common enemy was applied to Titans. My faith is restored in this series once again because of this alone.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1040 by deionking03 »»
Sep 12, 10:07 PM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.