Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2013 10:38 AM

Apr 2013
PaninaManina said:
Who else play in Potato Team?

my 2nd favorite female character :3 you just gotta adore her
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 14, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2009
PaninaManina said:
GodlyKyon said:
Mikasa looks... Weird? I rememeber her looking much more gloomy. And FINALLY! Kyojin has became big on the internet here!

Also, christina is really pretty, but my fav girl is still annie

onward!

POTATO GIRL, because she plays in my team!
BEHOLD!

Annie>Ymir>Sasha>Mikasa
Apr 14, 2013 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
PaninaManina said:

They live in the Age of the Great Shit.
Shit happens... happened with they all...

yeah... wherein lives are nothing but short that just come and go
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 14, 2013 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
For some reason, this one seemed to appeal to me more than episode 1 did. I'm glad that they aren't kids at the very end of the episode. But that was pretty obvious it would happen sooner or later.
[url][/url]
Apr 14, 2013 11:18 AM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
PaninaManina said:
GodlyKyon said:
Mikasa looks... Weird? I rememeber her looking much more gloomy. And FINALLY! Kyojin has became big on the internet here!

onward!

BEHOLD!

Annie>Ymir>Sasha>Mikasa

No. Mikasa>>>All those other bimbos
The Art of Eight
Apr 14, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
dankickyou said:
ssjokg said:
PaninaManina said:
GodlyKyon said:

onward!

BEHOLD!

Annie>Ymir>Sasha>Mikasa

Still better than
Apr 14, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2013
Muito bom ^^

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
Still better than

The Art of Eight

Apr 2013
Muito bom ^^
Apr 14, 2013 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
Akanezora said:

Totally agree with you, furthermore, people complaining about Eren being a kid in the first 2 episodes are just idiots.

Thanks for the very constructive post there. I have no issue with Eren being a kid, the issue I would level at him though, is he has a pathetic convoluted attitude similar to a spoilt little brat. If this anime just turns around and makes him some kind of bad ass, which most of these spoiler-ish comments are suggesting then I'll be disappointed, he doesn't deserve it. Thankfully though I have Mikasa, who absolutely kicks ass and is the MC as far as I'm concerned.

Worried about this show a little after this episode though. It's still good, but way to make me hate Eren.
Apr 14, 2013 11:38 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
Akanezora said:

Totally agree with you, furthermore, people complaining about Eren being a kid in the first 2 episodes are just idiots.

Thanks for the very constructive post there. I have no issue with Eren being a kid, the issue I would level at him though, is he has a pathetic convoluted attitude similar to a spoilt little brat. If this anime just turns around and makes him some kind of bad ass, which most of these spoiler-ish comments are suggesting then I'll be disappointed, he doesn't deserve it. Thankfully though I have Mikasa, who absolutely kicks ass and is the MC as far as I'm concerned.

Worried about this show a little after this episode though. It's still good, but way to make me hate Eren.

Pathetic? He just swore to kill an entire race of super beings even after he saw first hand what they're capable of. These super beings are terrifying enough to scare a grown soldier out of his wits by their mere presence. You guys are making the lamest fucking excuses possible.
The Art of Eight
Apr 14, 2013 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
Huge Sasha fan! o3o
Apr 14, 2013 11:41 AM

Jan 2013
I loved the beginning, I can't wait to see how Eren changes. Maybe he'll turn out to be a badass who saves humanity? Can't wait...
Apr 14, 2013 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:

Pathetic? He just swore to kill an entire race of super beings even after he saw first hand what they're capable of. These super beings are terrifying enough to scare a grown soldier out of his wits by their mere presence. You guys are making the lamest fucking excuses possible.

Yes pathetic, he cries at soldiers who have fought on the front line, telling them they haven't seen what it's like to see a titan eat someone. He gets force-fed bread buy a girl while crying because he is a spoilt little child. The guy is pathetic.
Apr 14, 2013 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

Yes pathetic, he cries at soldiers who have fought on the front line, telling them they haven't seen what it's like to see a titan eat someone. He gets force-fed bread buy a girl while crying because he is a spoilt little child. The guy is pathetic.

LOL implying town guards have ever fought in the front lines. Pro tip: if they did they wouldn't be talking shit. Eren is a man's man.
The Art of Eight
Apr 14, 2013 11:45 AM

Jul 2007
dankickyou said:
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

LOL implying town guards have ever fought in the front lines. Pro tip: if they did they wouldn't be talking shit. Eren is a man's man.

Stop trying to reason with MAL community. Its a known fact that anyone who has ANY sort of realistic character flaws will be seen as a wimp by those people :P
Apr 14, 2013 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:

Of course all it would take to win you over is a bit of angsty rage and tears, enjoy your weak MC... meanwhile Misaka ftw
Apr 14, 2013 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

Of course all it would take to win you over is a bit of angsty rage and tears, enjoy your weak MC... meanwhile Misaka ftw

Concession accepted.
The Art of Eight
Apr 14, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
Really enjoyed episode 2 as well, introduced another 'type' of titan which I enjoyed. I think I might have actually enjoyed this ep more than the first, well done!

Apr 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2012
dankickyou said:

Concession accepted.

Danth's Law much, damn you kiddies are all the same. I give up.
Apr 14, 2013 11:53 AM

May 2012
Mikasa once again that she is the most badass character by punching whiny arrogant MC right in the face! FUCK YEAH

Also, badass Titan boss knocking down walls!

A++
Apr 14, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2012
Oh my god, can't wait for the next episode..
The fear, the sadness and Eren's determination to kill all the Titans. I fucking love it..

5/5
Apr 14, 2013 11:59 AM
Dec 2012
On the subject of main characters, Mikasa is basically the main character until they start their scouting trips (Which is where shit gets real).
Apr 14, 2013 12:00 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, that Armoured/Mecha Titan is ridiculous. It doesn't seem interested in eating humans as much as just bring complete despair to them.

Time skips errwhere. But at least Eren didn't remind me of Shu towards the end and I hope it stays that way...
Apr 14, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
For the love of Titan stop comparing Eren with anyone that was voiced by Kaji Yuki.
Apr 14, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2010
All this hate against Eren makes me sympathise with his character.
Apr 14, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
Eren is a cool MC, I don't see where the hate is coming from. He just saw his mom get fucking chewed up by a titan, I think he has the right to bitch and moan about it. At least he's joined the military and is ready to take them on, instead of spending an episode crying in fear. Mikasa'll keep him in line with her bitch slaps too.

This anime's OP is so epic, and this episode's even better than episode 1. I'm so pumped for the next episode.
Apr 14, 2013 12:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
thracias said:
Was it just me or did the voice actor for Eren change? It was much darker than the previous one.

I can assure you that's the same VA. Kaji Yuki's voice can go pretty deep. I see that you've watched Fairy Tail. You might be surprised to learn that Eren's VA is the same one as Lyon's.
Apr 14, 2013 12:17 PM
Dec 2010
I'm still confused by that dream/flashback scene with eren and his father. Was that a dream or a flashback? How long was that since he got off the boat, eren said "you've been acting weird since mom died" that sounds like it's been a few days and eren shrubs it off like it didn't happen but yet eren has the key...
blaze it
Apr 14, 2013 12:20 PM

Jan 2010
I dunno, but I think most people complaining about his attitude would either be extremely depressed/traumatized after seeing their moms being eaten alive and their entire city being completely destroyed right in front of them, or be extremely pissed off. Especially if you're 10. And especially more after seeing some nobody wishing all of you were dead without knowing what you just got through. I would probably kick the guy in the balls and punch his face repeatedly until he either apologized or kissed the ground, but hey, that's just me.

I dunno, but I have the impression that if he had that same attitude but with Gatts' design and Nakata Jouji's voice people would be calling him a fucking badass instead of a whiny prick.
Apr 14, 2013 12:22 PM

Nov 2010
tingy said:
thracias said:
Was it just me or did the voice actor for Eren change? It was much darker than the previous one.

I can assure you that's the same VA. Kaji Yuki's voice can go pretty deep. I see that you've watched Fairy Tail. You might be surprised to learn that Eren's VA is the same one as Lyon's.
Yeah when I first heard of him as the VA, I looked up his previous roles and was surprised. I never would have thought that he was the one who played Lyon.
Apr 14, 2013 12:24 PM

Mar 2012
Whatever his dad injected him with, will make him OP.
Apr 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
ReasonDesu said:
Akanezora said:

Never heard of "character development"? He's the MC, of course he will change somehow in the future. It's true that the change process might be good or bad, but no one know for sure. I'm not imposing you to like Eren, just don't be a close minded guy/girl.
Apr 14, 2013 12:35 PM

Nov 2012
Another great episode. Not sure why all the Eren hate. I think he deserves to be a bit whiny after everything that happened. He is just a kid after all and doesn't realize he is powerless at the moment.

Will see how his character progresses, but for now it feel's to me that he has determination and guts going for him at least.

And of course Misaka is badass. Not much else to say.
Apr 14, 2013 12:39 PM

Aug 2009
Smooched said:
Or not...
Apr 14, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2011
Ugh, this is just so good. 100% worthy of the hype. They do emotions so well - especially Kaji Yuki. And hey, Eren got hot!
Apr 14, 2013 12:47 PM

Sep 2012
Eren is as annoying as I remembered when I read those first chapters. The rest was good, very promising.
Apr 14, 2013 12:49 PM
Dec 2010
koolvid said:
I'm still confused by that dream/flashback scene with eren and his father. Was that a dream or a flashback? How long was that since he got off the boat, eren said "you've been acting weird since mom died" that sounds like it's been a few days and eren shrubs it off like it didn't happen but yet eren has the key...

can anyone explain this :(
blaze it
Apr 14, 2013 12:49 PM

Mar 2008
ssjokg said:
Smooched said:
Or not...

If you knew... And no, it's not what you think I'm implying.
ReasonDesu said:
dankickyou said:

If you knew... Jaws will break down in the sequence of episodes.
And no, again, it's not what you think I'm implying.

I'm reading volume 2 NOW and holly fuck, unbelievable! I'll never have imagined this!
Soon... you will see...

Rayla said:
Huge Sasha fan! o3o

I laugh too much whenever I remember that scene potato.
Strange, I had a great dislike for Shingeki because ... the cover. Seriously. Until I see that potato scene that someone shared.
Scene in question - http://i.imgur.com/F5yU3.jpg

Apparently Sasha's participation is not limited to that scene, and is not that the scene is that it's funny, SHE is who is funny.
dankickyou said:

Mikasa is to marry and brag about, Sasha is to marry and live happily.
Apr 14, 2013 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
PaninaManina said:
ssjokg said:
Smooched said:
Or not...

If you knew... And no, it's not what you think I'm implying.

I dont know what you are supposedly implying
Apr 14, 2013 12:59 PM
Apr 2013
koolvid said:
koolvid said:

can anyone explain this :(

It's not a dream, it happened for real. The rest is as you said...
Apr 14, 2013 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
This keeps getting better and better. My god that Armored Titan was epic. For a moment i thought that colossus titan will appear again but it was the AT. WTH the government sacrificed those people!!! Just to solve the food issue. I hope those higher ups get eaten > : 0 Yes!!! Eren, Mikasa, and Arime(sp) are gonna train and fight the Titans. Oh new characters XD. The new hope for mankind ( 104th Division) My heart is pounding so much from this series.
Apr 14, 2013 1:07 PM

Aug 2009
Unrelated to ep2 but Rivaille will be voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi?Well so much for avoiding high expectations....
Apr 14, 2013 1:09 PM

Nov 2011
ssjokg said:
Unrelated to ep2 but Rivaille will be voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi?Well so much for avoiding high expectations....

That magnificent short bastard!
The Art of Eight
Apr 14, 2013 1:09 PM

Jul 2012
Would you die if you were told to?
Well, those 25 thousands of people just did that. I realy admire them for doing so.
Apr 14, 2013 1:11 PM
Oct 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
This keeps getting better and better. My god that Armored Titan was epic. For a moment i thought that colossus titan will appear again but it was the AT. WTH the government sacrificed those people!!! Just to solve the food issue. I hope those higher ups get eaten > : 0 Yes!!! Eren, Mikasa, and Arime(sp) are gonna train and fight the Titans. Oh new characters XD. The new hope for mankind ( 104th Division) My heart is pounding so much from this series.

Humans are on the brink of extinction, with that issue in the back of their mind their decision was probably the correct one, despite it being very immoral.
Apr 14, 2013 1:15 PM

Sep 2012
That was a bit too fast for me... a few years in one ep is a tad too much... >.<
Apr 14, 2013 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
AquaCurrent said:
That was a bit too fast for me... a few years in one ep is a tad too much... >.<
You want them to fight the Titans while being 10yrs old?
Apr 14, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
AquaCurrent said:

The smaller the harder to get caught. :3
Apr 14, 2013 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
Rykee said:
ssjokg said:
AquaCurrent said:

The smaller the harder to get caught. :3
Stupid gov.What are they doing?
Pages (21) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1668 by daninoxxi »»
Sep 15, 9:56 AM

» Attack on Titan Manga 15th Anniversary Project

Hickykissy - Sep 8

19 by Azoromesus »»
Sep 11, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MermaidGalaxies - Aug 10, 2013

573 by chris1763 »»
Sep 7, 2:33 PM

» Actors who you think is perfect for the cast of AOT live action

Hickykissy - Sep 3

38 by rocketeu »»
Sep 7, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

652 by dopeplays »»
Sep 2, 1:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.