Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 30, 2011 4:09 PM

May 2011
I loved it :D
Needed a kiss though :P, but I guess I'm asking too much.
They sealed it with the contract, I couldn't be any more happier!
NekoLoLです。初音ミクが好きです。
Jun 6, 2011 9:10 PM

Nov 2007
Shouldn't Satou have kissed Misaki at least once?

Satou is such a clueless jackass. In the new year's eve episode, if he really went out with his senpai, i would never have forgiven him for Misaki' sake.

Makino Yui's voice is as cute as ever! Misaki needed much much more love. Loved her songs in Aria. Also, Yamazaki's role from Sakaguchi Daisuke was win win too. Though he reminded me of Shinpachi more than one way!

Well anyways, their mutual love for one another is now beyond paper and pen! Loved it. One of those anime that remained unwatched despite being in my HDD for so many years.

Glad that I finally watched it. A 9/10 for me. Yappari she should have at least been kissed once. Best episode was the Date-after-meeting-the-mother episode.
shanimebibJun 6, 2011 9:16 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 20, 2011 11:28 PM

May 2011
ace52387 said:
The series sticks closer to the novel than the manga does. The manga goes all over the place with freaky sex and everything. I think the one element missing though is satou's drug addiction. I think he does cocaine (where in gods name does he get the money) in the novel, which is supposed to cause his hallucinations, even though it's not really hallucinogenic.

Anyway, I like the ending. I think Misaki's love contract thing was a failure, which is why she drew up another one. I don't think Misaki has very romantic feelings for Satou. She seems pretty resolute in her suicide attempt even after seeing satou come after her, so it probably wasn't a cry for his attention because of rejection. Also, it's pretty clear that the reason she picked him isn't so much because she finds him attractive, but because she can pity him and nurture him.

If they were starting a romantic relationship, they could have kept the contract that forces them to be together. Instead, she writes another one that just says they'll be there for each other. The time they spend talking to each other in the hut seems more like a fresh start to any relationship, since the foundation of their whole friendship is rooted in self loathing, they need to start over to get anywhere.

Even if it's not explicitly romantic, the ending is still sweet. Neither of them have anyone else, and they have plenty of affection for each other.

Yeah, I understand where your coming from. They need more time to develop something more than mutual goals. There were times in the series I felt Misaki should have walked away. Mind you she didn't because she was as emotionally fucked up as he was. They did treat each other like shit at times. Satou being just an incredibly selfish retard and Misaki tearing him down at times with her choice of words. I think only after Misaki and Satou's attempted suicide scene did both of them finally break their cycle and truly began to live again. Romance wasn't the right place at that time. Also, they took turns running away from the situation before that due to their own insecurities. It just doesn't get fixed with a quick confession on a snowy cliff.

I do have hope for them. That in the near future their relationship would truly blossom into something more. They did seem like a really compatable pair. She seemed to have the temperment to tolerate his retardedness; and he seemed to have the ability to listen when she would need someone, much like he did with Hitomi.

Early on in the series Satou had thoughts that Misaki might be some sort of angel. I still like to think of her as such. She may have been a fallen angel from all the scars she had to endure, but she still had to be something special to care for a nutcase like Satou.

Mirraz said:
who else thought this series was kind of scary?
in a depressing way..

Oh yeah. The whole offline meeting arc freaked me the **** out.

The stories about Misaki's life and then learning that she witnessed her own mother's demise and was beaten to a pulp by some shitty stepdad broke my heart.

The finale where Misaki wants to die like her mother did was nerve racking.

Everyone of the characters seemed to be dealing with some sort of demons in their life. It was a sad group of characters.

Oh, and the cat dying scene. That just left a lump and my throat and a queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Especially after Misaki spotted Satou and Hitomi together.

NekoLoL said:
I loved it :D
Needed a kiss though :P, but I guess I'm asking too much.
They sealed it with the contract, I couldn't be any more happier!

As for the kiss thing, I agree with the opinion that a kiss would have been a bit contrived given the current state of their relationship.

However, I did wish that he would have wrapped his arms around her while they were huddled in the abandoned house talking. She even tried to scoot a little closer to him with the excuse they'd be warmer closer together. It's obvious that he cared a great deal for her to rush out there to save her. I don't think that would have been to much to ask for a comfort hug, and it might also satisfy the no "happy ending kiss" debate. I guess in Japan hugging is only done on rare occasions and it's usually considered a shocking moment when done.
Jun 23, 2011 1:52 AM
Jun 2011
Really good anime, but I have mixed feelings about the end,
through the series, there was some tension built around misaki and satou, they almost kiss and get interrupted by yamasaki, that's what pisses me, that was already decided they were actually really going to kiss, after that, every time they got closer I thinked now it will happen, and as it didn't I ended like, and when do they get together? where's the kiss they promised me with that almost kiss scene?

Bladin said:
I don't know what to rate this anime.
They teased us with the almost kiss in the beginning and went with the "screw you anifags we aren't going to do anything with this"

Really agree with this

At the same time It was indeed a very happy ending, because everything went fine and im sure that if they were real and they continued their lives they would get closer romantically, not just in the sense of being together but actual couple.
After removing a bit of the bad taste of the "they don't kiss" thing, I re-watched it and discovered to be very beautiful, They get connected deeply, and sign a contract to be together for ever, the thing that disturbs me a little is that they say it generally, not as a couple, so as far as it shows they could be friends forever, a thing which I'm not comfortable with, it's like it's again something that could've been but didn't turn out, like satou and senpai in high school days.

What do you people think, do they actually get together after the end of the story? I'd love an ova showing the meeting with senpai after 10 years, showing them together and happy, with problems as always but overall happy.
Jul 8, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2010
Finished the anime in like a day. 0.o Pretty entertaining, Misaki has the cutest face expression I've ever seen in animes. Lots of dumb people in this show. Can't help to realize Yama(w.e) is the roommate I guess that's where Clannad got the idea to hire this VA to do their character. A little disappointed with the ending but not that much. Great anime overall but I was hoping for a more complete ending between the two like what his senpai and Yama had.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 15, 2011 2:14 PM

May 2011
I'm kinda disappointed by this.. In the end, the series wasn't bad, but nothing really happened. It's more like Satou and Misaki's relationship regressed after the almost kiss.

Meh. The end didn't redeem the really annoying moments I had to go through.
Jul 25, 2011 9:37 PM

Oct 2008
Just wrapped this up tonight. I'm kind of at a loss for words. It ended on a happy note with most of the supporting cast but not so much for the main characters! I mean I'm glad no one died but still....
Jul 28, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2011
Yay, finally watched NHK ni Youkoso and I really like it. Great ending and I am glad that nobody died :)
Jul 28, 2011 10:52 PM

Feb 2011
Damn fine series, one of my favorites, not only is it great fun, but also it's a life lesson. I've never seen an anime that deals with the hardships of everyday life in the way this awesome show does.

I feel truly sad, not because of the ending, but because such an awesome experience has ended, hopefully we'll see another show that is as good as this one.
Aug 1, 2011 9:55 PM

Aug 2009
ender650 said:
I loved the ending- an overly happy ending wouldnt fit this anime, and this ending was pretty happy in my opinion.

qft

Aug 1, 2011 10:14 PM

May 2010
Epic ending. ;)

But I wish there was a kiss. >3>
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 3, 2011 6:02 PM
Dec 2006
Didnt like the ending to it. It just didnt feel right, but perhaps because it was realistic ending. I mean Im not so much disappointed about the main characters in terms of their relationship, but the ending of it all. It just didnt feel right, like it should have ended differently. Sigh, I suppose I was to optimist when it came to a happy feeling type of ending?
Aug 7, 2011 11:42 AM

Jun 2009
Great Show. Couldn't resist finish it within 2 days. It was really good (and a bit weird in some way..). Many sad moments are there and after Misaki came Sato's life begin to change. Anyway They could at least show/make a sequel or at least ending happy/fitting, but anyway endin' it like that is fine too^^

Aug 8, 2011 12:12 PM

Aug 2011
what an ending!!
yeah there wasn't a kiss scene, but who cares!! The ending was good for me!
Aug 17, 2011 9:22 AM

Sep 2009
Like quite a few of you I watched all 24 eps. in less than 24 hrs. And I have to say it really is a gem among most of the anime i've watched just because of the issues it tackles(and the way it does it). That being said like soooo many other animes that fall that tiny little bit short on the ending=_=.
Given the nature of this type of show I understand not have a "Clannad-ish" type ending...not that I would've hated that if it did have one. But still it seems to me that for some reason showing ANY real signs of a relationship between the main characters is taboo when ending an anime. Honestly if I skipped the beginning of this episode and skipped straight to the end I could've thought that Misaki and Sato relationship was back to the way it was earlier in the series.
Did it need to show them getting married? Once again no, but...a kiss?...At the very least some form of physical contact like a heart warming hug....*blah blah..meh..etc.*
And that sums up how I feel. With all that being said I still give this series a 9/10.

P.S. If you read all that you are officially a Hikikomori( N.H.K. ni Yōkoso!)
Aug 20, 2011 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this anime was one of the best I've ever seen. I've enjoyed every minute of it. The characters were all great and the background music fitted very well.
Aug 24, 2011 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
Great ending, great series.

Still feel bad for Yamazaki, i hope he continued to make games after moving/getting married, That snowball fight made me tear up.

Who ever Adapted this did a great job, they changed a bunch of stuff, but imo it was all for the better.

The Manga, Novel and Anime, are all great in their own respects.
The manga feels like a manga, the anime feels like an anime, and the novel felt like a novel.
If it weren't for my respect for a anime so high as it is, i probably wouldn't have liked the manga as much.

Yamazaki just felt so much more appealing in the anime than the novel or manga.
Though i've come to notice Misaki's personality really changes drastically in each medium,
So whichever one you read/watched first, your probably going to prefer because that's the Misaki you got attached to.

I really didnt like the Yamazaki in the manga or the novel, he seemed way less deep/characterized, he was the character I related to throughout the series and seeing what he was originally in the novel made me really sad.
I'm really happy what they did to Yamazaki in the anime.
Aug 24, 2011 10:00 PM
Feb 2011
I fail to see why anyone liked this show lol. The only good part of the final episode is the fact it had a slightly open ending. I don't like any of the main or side characters. Satou and Misaki should have both jumped off the end and died. Hitomi should have ended up alone after all the crap she put Satou through. I'm sure she knew he liked her. I guess Yamazaki wasn't to bad, he was at least got up the guts to be with the woman he loved. The sudden realization that Satou loved Misaki is an overplayed and very unrealistic idea. He has ALWAYS loved Hitomi and never acted on it and never really treated Misaki like anyone more then a friend if that. Then he goes all out for Misaki like he can't live with out her? I guess he is just pathetic and can't be alone even tho he was for years.

3/10 For the show
Aug 24, 2011 11:26 PM

Aug 2011
korn7809 said:
I fail to see why anyone liked this show lol. The only good part of the final episode is the fact it had a slightly open ending. I don't like any of the main or side characters. Satou and Misaki should have both jumped off the end and died. Hitomi should have ended up alone after all the crap she put Satou through. I'm sure she knew he liked her. I guess Yamazaki wasn't to bad, he was at least got up the guts to be with the woman he loved. The sudden realization that Satou loved Misaki is an overplayed and very unrealistic idea. He has ALWAYS loved Hitomi and never acted on it and never really treated Misaki like anyone more then a friend if that. Then he goes all out for Misaki like he can't live with out her? I guess he is just pathetic and can't be alone even tho he was for years.

3/10 For the show

Yamazaki never went with the one he loved, actually he insulted her and utterly blew any chance he had.

Satou never truly loved Hitomi, If anything it was the other way around.

but to each there own <.<
not everyone can love it.
Aug 25, 2011 6:32 PM
Feb 2011
I thought the person in the picture with Yamazaki was the one he loved?

There is no way Satou couldn't love Hitomi if he still had feelings for her after all
those years and even was thinking about jumping off a cliff after Hitomi said yes to the other guy. Plus when ever he was with her he would go out and not care about a thing. If all that isn't love then I don't know what is.

But ya not everyone can love it
Aug 25, 2011 9:01 PM

Aug 2011
korn7809 said:
I thought the person in the picture with Yamazaki was the one he loved?

There is no way Satou couldn't love Hitomi if he still had feelings for her after all
those years and even was thinking about jumping off a cliff after Hitomi said yes to the other guy. Plus when ever he was with her he would go out and not care about a thing. If all that isn't love then I don't know what is.

But ya not everyone can love it

Yamazaki got set up by his parents after moving back home,
She looked pretty similar though so i could see how you could be mistaken.

And i have to agree the ending bit with Misaki could be seen as corny, I was just to sucked into the series to care by that point to care.

and i'l just agree to disagree with Hitomi.
Aug 25, 2011 9:31 PM
Feb 2011
SilverCyrus said:

Yamazaki got set up by his parents after moving back home,
She looked pretty similar though so i could see how you could be mistaken.

Oh ok. That makes sense now that I think about it.

I want to see another anime about a big time neet like this one tho. Or one about conspiracies. It was a really good idea as a base.
Aug 26, 2011 10:17 PM
Apr 2011
That was one of the most disappointing endings I've ever seen, in my opinion. The ending was only slightly worse than Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka. It seems like there is SOOO much that could have been done in way of romance, yet it feels like all the characters just tiptoe around it. It made me feel very uncomfortable, empathizing with the characters who seem to keep all their romantic feelings unexpressed (this is especially true with Satou). The ending gave me one of the most unsatisfied feelings I've ever had to experience, all in all the anime was "good" but it could've been "great", it just wasn't.
Aug 26, 2011 10:23 PM

Dec 2010
ChristianCo said:
Took a look at your favorite anime list. You should read the manga and novels available for them. Including NHK. Excluding AnoHana as it's an anime original. And while the Amagami manga aren't bad, the VN is the source material.

The Toradora novels are superior and same goes for the manga and novel of NHK.
Aug 28, 2011 4:36 AM

Jul 2011
well , i liked the manga better because i like misaki more in the manga.
There she is not such an emo , and she is funnier and more psychotic. IMO It also has more satisfying ending

well anime is nice though , a good hybrid between the novel and the manga.
azzyzxAug 28, 2011 4:41 AM
Aug 31, 2011 9:42 AM
Aug 2010
The nature of Sato and Misaki’s relation at the end was abundantly clear. Showing more than that (kissu for instance) would’ve been no more than fanservice.

Sep 4, 2011 5:16 AM

Sep 2010
I must be a fool because I don't get any sort of meaning out of this. I was expecting something meaningful, and it didn't click with me, so I'm a little disappointed. I'll go read some reviews in the morning to enlighten myself.
Sep 19, 2011 1:52 PM

Aug 2011
Vurtox said:
I would have loved to seem them further exploring the psychologically coherent and smart approach of two psychically wounded people healing each other through social interaction and an affectionate relationship. However, they completely dropped the idea somewhere in the middle of the series.
Instead we got to see other crazy people and their problems while Misaki turned slowly into a side character. Satou who was head over heels suddenly treated her indifferent and in the last few episodes (espeically on new years eve) behaved like a total prick. At the end they didn't go anywhere with the two and it seemed like we got stuck with the your typical frustrating anime situation where the status quo remains and anything even slightly romantic would cause death from nosebleed.
Very dissatisfying.

So true. Those episodes with the class president really just felt like fillers. I still love this anime though because this is the most relatable anime that I've ever seen. Though I was just begging for that kiss to happen in the end. Or atleast a declaration of love or hug or something. They can't just imply that this anime wil contain romance (with that almost-kiss in the
earlier episodes) and then just make every romantic situation into an awkward and emotional rollercoaster.

Honestly I was already anoyed by the fact that Kaoru totally messed up when he showed that girl his room, but I hoped that it would be different for Sato.

I am going to try the manga (first manga for me ^^), because the story development appears to be better. But I guess I will never get to see that kiss.

Misaki x Sato :(.
DerpyderpSep 21, 2011 12:03 PM
Sep 22, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2007
I don't know why people are so hung up on SatouxMisaki. Misaki was only using Satou for her own selfish reasons for nearly the entire duration of the series. Satou only fell for Misaki because she was the only female he'd interacted with in over four years. Sure - they could've got together at the very end - but what theyREALLY both need is to sort their lives out before entering into a relationship. By the end, Satou only recently got around to not being a recluse, where as Misaki was trying to plan for the future... and she'd probably naturally drift apart from Satou, once her life regained some focus.

I'm just glad the anime version of Misaki was nowhere near as hate-worthy as the manga version. If memory serves, in the manga she didn't suffer from an abusive childhood and, instead, all her problems came down to her needing to see herself as more than average; superior to the girls around her at school. I could only like Misaki in the anime because she had good reason for being so screwed up.

As for the final episode itself, it went from great to stupid the moment Satou tried to convince Misaki not to kill herself by pointing at an imaginary monster. But I did like how it went with Satou's character for him to try to stop someone comitting suicide by attempting to kill himself, right in front of her. You have to love his logic!

There's no way to end a series like NHK in a way that would satisfy everyone. If it had a fake happy ever after conclusion, you'd have people complaining about how it started out hard-hitting because of its realism but then became fake. I prefer it ending in a 'life goes on' kind of way like it did, where the characters are still troubled but are moving their lives in the right direction.
Sep 23, 2011 4:54 PM

Sep 2010
Well, the ending was not what I expected exactly, but I like it somehow.
Oct 19, 2011 1:54 PM
Aug 2011
God, I was so happy when they didn't die.

But the kiss!!! I want a kis!!!!
Oct 19, 2011 5:39 PM

Jun 2010
NHK is a great series. Nevermind the kiss, they should have at least hugged eachother at the end lol
Oct 27, 2011 10:01 PM

Oct 2011
it was a great anime for me, partly because i'm half a Neet, i was able to connect to satou's life as a hikikomori
Nope.
Oct 31, 2011 6:06 AM

Jun 2011
m3lancholy said:
it was a great anime for me, partly because i'm half a Neet, i was able to connect to satou's life as a hikikomori

Please enlighten me how you can be a "half-neet" ?

As with the ending of this series, I personally thought it ended on a good note; but that's from my perception of this series. Although I found myself disliking Misaki little by little, I also understood her in a way. They did fall for each other at the end, just wasn't shown as clearly as it would in a normal slice-of-life romance. (Even if there's so little of THOSE)

Nov 5, 2011 7:54 PM

Dec 2008
Beautiful story, and I absolutely loved it...but, I feel like I was expecting something to happen between them, and nothing did. I would have liked for their relationship to be developed a little more, maybe that's just me being selfish :/
Nov 17, 2011 1:45 PM
Sep 2011
The ending was ok I guess but they pretty much killed the romance
Nov 17, 2011 3:57 PM

Dec 2010
What a letdown and I'm not just talking about the ending but everthing after the off meating, even if you ignore the filler arcs. It touched a subject that was way too high for the writers to handle. After watching this a suicidial person probably just gets the confirmation needed to go through with it.
Nov 19, 2011 12:39 PM
Dec 2010
Good anime for me and I loved it the only thing i hate about watching good animes that I like is when I see it end, I build an emotional thing with the characters and the story so I hate seeing such good animes end, oh well I'll never forget you, great anime! 10/10 &lt;3
blaze it
Dec 9, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2008
Half of me is kind of disappointed, but half of me is really satisfied :) I think I'm going to read the series next ^.^
Dec 31, 2011 9:39 AM

Oct 2010
a really nice series, i thought it was a bit depressing at times but i enjoyed it a lot and am happy seeing it end, which is unusual but i think they ended it quite well.
Jan 5, 2012 6:22 PM

Jul 2011
why they didn't kiss even until the end!!! arghhhh!!

wakka9ca said:
why don't you guys accept open endings. I just LOVE open endings that NEVER get resolved. The main point of the anime is made within 24 episodes. There is ABSOLUTELY NO points in making a sequel. That is why I like short series, exquisite and never stretched.

NO! i hate open ending! people said they love open ending because it make them speculate and imagining what happen after by themselves

but thats why i hate open endings! the makers are just lazy people, if we need to make up the ending ourselves, well we should just make our own anime, we watch your anime because we want to know what happened in the world that you created!!
Jan 5, 2012 10:29 PM

Aug 2010
Goddamit was hoping for a romantic ending. FUUUUUU
Jan 5, 2012 10:32 PM

Dec 2011
Glad to see Satou got a job, but Yamazaki getting a wife was kind of just thrown out there for the sake of an even happier ending. Did not like.

I wanted some romance between Satou and Misaki, but then again, he was like 23 and she was still in high school... so.. eh..?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2011
What an epic anime.
Although there were many times where I wanted to punch Satou in the face for being so SLOW, it's hard for me to think of a better ending than this.
A very great lesson in this anime (even if a little cliche) - life sucks, but you must deal with it, and suicide is not the answer.

Very much enjoyed this anime. Makes me think a lot about my future.
10/10
Jan 12, 2012 5:33 PM
Feb 2011
Awesome anime but what the fuck -__- It was kinda depressing towards the end. I watched this because I was depressed, not to get depressed. Fuck you Japan!
Jan 15, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2011
Basically, the whole series is a way of saying that nothing should control your life. And in that way, it makes living worthwhile. Yeah, bad shit happens, but you just gotta hold on a little bit longer. And in that way it is something every person needs to discover...

Since the series is finished, I can now get onto living my worthless life... xD

Frickin' psychological anime. LOVED IT!
Jan 18, 2012 11:51 AM

Jan 2012
wow. first time an anime has actually made me cry ;;

anyway I think the ending suits the series and was just fine. it kept me guessing whether or not it was gonna be a sad or happy ending, so I'm just glad it was a happy ending.

10/10
Feb 6, 2012 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Overall, in my opinion, it wasn't as sad as a lot of people put it out to be. Not gunna lie, it was good, but wasn't spectacular. It was a fun watch. :)

6/10
Feb 12, 2012 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
The ending was fitting in my opinion. I wouldn't consider it particularry good or bad, it was non-dramatic, like the whole series itself.
"A dramatic death just isn't fitting for us." - as Yamazaki said.

I think considering this anime, a lot come down to how well can you relate to the characters. Self-confident people might just see this as a sour comedy, while people who consider themself pathetic / somewhat socially outcast will take this a lot more seriously. For me, this anime was an incredible experience.
10/10
Feb 26, 2012 1:35 PM

Feb 2011
What a ride!
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

181 by mtfunky »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

165 by snowykevin »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

157 by mtfunky »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

315 by mtfunky »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

129 by mtfunky »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.