Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2014 8:02 PM

May 2013
From the conversation Daedalus and Raul were having at the artificial womb, it seems like the Proxies are the life source/energy needed in order for the womb to process. I might be wrong but did anybody else pick up on this?
May 22, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
Xenovius said:
From the conversation Daedalus and Raul were having at the artificial womb, it seems like the Proxies are the life source/energy needed in order for the womb to process. I might be wrong but did anybody else pick up on this?
I thought so as well.

Aug 1, 2014 11:57 AM
Aug 2012
Perfect episode! I felt so excited that even noticed goose-flesh on my skin)
Sep 1, 2014 1:57 PM
Apr 2013
We already knew Pino was with raul and that was his family. Why was everyone shocked? Kristeva is cool though
Nov 24, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2014
Hm... so earlier in the forum discussions someone had stated that this Pino was a different one than Raul's. I thought that was confirmed later on when Pino was stating that there are multiple Pino's but also due to the hair color being different. It seems that whoever stated that may have been wrong because I think this was supposed to be the reveal/confirmation. Its easy to suspect this Pino to be the same child and expect that family to be related to Raul but I guess it wasn't stated clearly. I'm a bit confused though because after his wife and child died, I thought we saw a scene of him upset in his house playing the piano. I might have to back and rewatch that.

The fact that Raul brings up Pino in this episode plus the fact that they both are showing fondness to the Piano must mean its the same Pino.

---

Interesting afterthought: Re-l = Re(A)l; Pi-no = Pi(A)no
Sep 3, 2015 2:38 AM

Feb 2015
(wth, I might as well quote a year old post)

ponygon123 said:
We already knew Pino was with raul and that was his family. Why was everyone shocked? Kristeva is cool though

I didnt.

I guess I should be paying more attention to the anime.
Feb 4, 2016 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
I still don't get what Raul is trying to do but..
The rocket seems to be flying at their destination.. or I might be seeing things.
Re-l not such a nag anymore but is she trying to be tsun..? lol.
Anyway it's about time to move onto solving the mysteries.
Jul 28, 2016 10:54 PM

Sep 2014
Wow, Daedulus is hands down one of the most creepiest characters in Ergo Proxy, and that's saying something.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Aug 26, 2016 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
Well played Raul...well played...

I liked the piano piece he does when the auto-reives realize they've been tricked.
Sep 15, 2016 2:22 AM

Mar 2010
Nayah said:
Never once did i ever expect that the Chief to be the true owner of Pino..
Uhm that was already shown in like... Ep 1?
Pirating_Ninja said:
Wait, how is the Chief being the owner of Pino a surprise . . . It was his wife and baby that were killed by the Proxy . . . It is the sole reason why he hates Vincent. How did any of this make sense if you forgot that part? . . .

Exactly...

Wel, great episode, i wonder where he aimed ? Prob at vincent? Then again he wouldnt want to hurt pino...

Slowly starting to make sense and yes the dome is like a prison.. Like youre happy until you actually start to think
Nov 13, 2016 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
I take it the creatures in the caves are deformed humans?
I also take this entire series as a criticism of modern society. Vincent represents the modern man, doing as he's told and exercising little willpower. Re-L represents the modern woman, bossy, demanding and spoiled. As for something a little more speculative: the androids could represent people that have been "programmed" by the society they've grown up in - especially in this age of self-destructive group-think. The "cogito virus" represents the individual consciousness under the pretense of the negative light it is viewed in.
Nov 17, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2012
I'm shocked by the fact people didn't know that Pino is Raul's "adopted child"
People must be drunk when watching the early episode

Pretty sure Mosque just got nuked

Raul, I actually like him
Hope he's alive :(
"Signature removed"
Dec 24, 2016 11:50 PM

Feb 2016
Ah I completely forgot. They never chase up on it and I was too dull and overwhelmed by information to make a mental notepad in my head.

Everyone mentioned the psychological aspect of it which on Ergo Proxy is probably the most accurate answer.

I'm thinking on physical aspects. As humans living in dome who never even try to build immunity to the outside only escalates the problem until the long term goal becomes impossible and not worth venturing. The regent seems to know all this and want to have humans living for eternity in this pristine environment.

However, how long before say terrorists open up the dome to the outside environment and everyone effectively dies? The new world had hundreds of millions of people wiped out but by sheer numbers a few million survived.

Now you replay the same scenario on a small little hub like Romdeau and even if a few survive, the may not survive long enough to all meet up with domes that met a similar demise.

Not looking good for humaniy.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 10, 2017 2:03 PM

Feb 2013
Anybody knows the music Pino is playing on the piano? It sounds like "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" yet not exactly...
Mar 11, 2017 8:15 PM

Apr 2016
The directing on this episode is gold, especially at the climax when the truth about Pino's master is revealed, very touching and well-put, i love the music used in this one.
May 18, 2017 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
I liked the connection between the two threads of the episode (the cave and Romdeau), and the Raul's deterioration. I don't really feel bad for the guy, though I appreciate how they still managed to humanize him. I mean, pride is a pretty human thing. It's such a downer that every Security Bureau Chief ends up this way, and how their personal input doesn't actually matter at all anyways.
Jan 19, 2018 11:10 AM

Mar 2012
I forgot that he was the one who was likely to be Pino's father lol

Now it makes more sense why he's so obsessed with capturing/killing Vincent since he's the reason his wife and child died while also escaping with Pino.
Mar 14, 2018 6:40 PM

Feb 2013
The obvious parallel here is between the creatures in the toxic cave and the people of Romdeau. Both are trapped and cannot leave, but both are in the only place they can survive.

5/5
Great music when the missile launched.
May 18, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2018
Got a bad feeling about that rocket.

Mar 16, 2019 8:08 PM

Dec 2015
This is sad. Poor Raul. I was not expecting something like this. I feel sorry for him :/
Man this is a f... plot
Apr 2, 2019 8:34 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
as for now the only thing i like is the op
really good song love it
sadly we are near the end and its possibly dropping to a 5 if something for me rly captivating wont pop up

Oct 28, 2019 11:23 PM

Nov 2009
I thought it was crystal clear from the early episodes that Pino was Raul's family droid playing their child that Raul's unnamed wife wanted to get rid of and replace with a more functional not-child model since they were going to be given a real baby to raise, hence Vince was called and she tried to cow him with her husband's name into going along with what she wanted but he refused... And later it was her and that baby they'd been given that got killed in the course of Monad's chase of Vincent, and Raul had witnessed it, thus his irrational hatred for Vince and desperate need to kill him... If anything, I was more surprised by how many in this thread somehow apparently missed all of that.

Well, talking about surprises, I always found it surprising that Raul, who's supposed to be carefully genetically engineered to be non-emotional and very rational to the point of almost being robotic, apparently actually cared about his family so deeply that being robbed of it eventually made him go mad, which was all the more baffling to me because said family basically consisted of a robot, a haughty bitch and a baby that was not his and that he didn't even have a chance to see properly before it was killed.

Oh, and Daedalus actually confirmed male a few episodes back was probably the biggest surprise of this series lol
CGOct 28, 2019 11:31 PM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Feb 7, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2014
What I didn't quite understand is what mistake in the system of Rondo Raul was talking about when he met the regent. Was he talking about the lack of a proxy? The womb? I guess it'll be clear in the next episodes.
Mar 30, 2020 6:38 PM

Apr 2007
Even if there were hints, I never knew Raul was Pino's "papa". The scene in the mall when his wife was killed and he zoned out as he watched it all unfold finally makes more sense now. That scene was replayed quite a few times too.

Good episode.
Apr 26, 2020 4:54 PM

Mar 2020
sheeeeit i'd be mad too if if someone took pino away from me
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 31, 2020 12:44 AM
Jan 2020
is the big grey toxin beast proxy 1?
Apr 20, 2021 3:18 PM
Jul 2013
removed-user said:
I take it the creatures in the caves are deformed humans?
I also take this entire series as a criticism of modern society. Vincent represents the modern man, doing as he's told and exercising little willpower. Re-L represents the modern woman, bossy, demanding and spoiled. As for something a little more speculative: the androids could represent people that have been "programmed" by the society they've grown up in - especially in this age of self-destructive group-think. The "cogito virus" represents the individual consciousness under the pretense of the negative light it is viewed in.

comment appreciated

It will be pretty ironic if Rapture turns out to be a nuclear missile.
Apr 20, 2021 7:09 PM

Dec 2020
Wait, humans can only be born artificially in this world right? But those depictions in the cave suggested those human-like creatures carry children naturally in their own wombs. Re-l reaction to that mural was really strange, like she had never seen something like that.

I think they are what's left of normal humans who never lived inside a dome, by natural selection some humans which could still carry children remained after the disaster, those people survived in the outside world and evolved into those creatures.
Oct 2, 2021 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
for all those people who skipped episode 15:

They found out in the game show that the second Proxy was Vincent Law since they broadcasted it to everyone...
there is another Proxy that was mentioned near the end as Proxy 1 who is supposedly important since "he has his eye on Vincent"
Jul 10, 2022 12:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn nice development, Re-L and Vincent's part was somewhat interesting with Pino being lost in that cave playing piano and these kinds of transformed humans because of the poisoned gas in the cave but they can't leave the case either so they're just going to all die sadly... though the most interesting part is definitely Raul's rebellion against all of them activating that dangerous machine, seems like Pino is somehow related to him...
Aug 9, 2022 4:39 AM

Jun 2016
Important points for this episode:

- The humans in the cave got infected and now they cant live outside?

- Pino is probably an autoreiv modeled after Raul's child? or maybe Raul is the master of Pino.

- The rocket which got fired is probably heading towards the area where Rel is.

- THEORY (might be SPOILER) The chemist guy in glasses (Rels friend, the Ouji prince) has a model of Rel's memories and personalities. So he can make as many Rel's as he want in the artificial womb? Thats why he was so calm saying that he's always with Rel and Rel is always with him
Sep 12, 2022 2:52 PM

May 2018
Raul Creed managed to fool the androids I'm surprised. Too bad he will probably die now
ByniavoSep 12, 2022 2:55 PM
Sep 29, 2022 3:08 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Cool plot twist even though some people are saying it isn't. It's true I looked back on ep 1 and they do hint at Raul being the master/dad of Pino but they just never straight out say it or made it seem like it was of any relevance to the story which makes it more of foreshadowing than anything. The way they revealed it in this episode was 100% meant to be taken as a plot twist, there's no denying that lol wether you had already caught up to it or not

Nov 18, 2022 2:48 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I don't get how deleting his access to the system allows Raul to launch a nuke

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2023 4:51 PM

Dec 2022
Those troglodytes are doomed no matter what then, but they've still developed some form of primitive culture within that cavern.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

238 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 7, 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

94 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - May 29, 2008

105 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xel - May 28, 2008

152 by RGreatDanton »»
May 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.