Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 18, 2015 1:18 AM

Aug 2013
I don't play the game, but this movie takes time before the game right?
good movie, even tho I don't really understand about aer and blastia
the plot also bit flat for me..

anyway 6.5/10
Apr 13, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2012
Really enjoyed this one, especially since I have almost finished the game. Seems like this anime is the sequel right before the game starts!

8/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 19, 2015 9:45 AM

Dec 2010
A great movie with nice sound and animation although the ending was a bit anti-climactic for me D: Now I badly want to play the game ><

Also nice to see a Mieu plushie. So cute <3

Why did the dogs have to die? ;______________;

Poor Repede waiting for his dad while wagging his tail :(

And the captain. Omg T_T

link9us said:

Oh and btw for those of you who have not played the game, do so. It is an incredible game with a much larger complex story with many awesome villains, etc. This movie was mainly a very small short sub plot that was a prequel to the games massive story line. If you watch the credits at the end, all those events were from the game.

I would if only I had an xbox. I wouldn't buy it for just one game though. I really hope Bandai releases ToV in PS3 T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2016 3:06 AM

Apr 2012
Even though I have never played the game this was a nice show on its own but it did leave me wanting to know more about it especially those ending credits and since I know this is a prequel to the actual game I might just pick it up to learn more about it plus I heard the game is actually pretty good we'll see what happens. 7/10
May 29, 2016 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
This movie was okay, however the ending made me really want a proper Vespira anime, now that would be pretty awesome.
Nov 1, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2011
Just as Gsrista said, "what a bunch of childish kids".

I feel like this was made for the fans of the game. I certainly wasn't invested in this movie. The movie started in a way I don't think would hook people into the story, which is to dive right into the middle of the story without giving a proper introduction to the main characters first. As a result, I don't really care what's happening to the story, nor do I find the main characters interesting. Yuri in particular is kind of annoying me.

It wasn't until halfway in the movie that something interesting happened.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2012
While the overall movie was pretty good, for me it did lack various aspects that made it an interesting watch.

That said with the overall story & character development and the very nice art and setting, the overall movie was still a good watch I must say.

Would've preferred a better pacing in general, but well it wasn't bad either!
Oct 22, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2016
So I'm guessing the "aer" I keep seeing people talk about it the same as the "air" they kept saying in the movie. I thought that they were talking about the air we breath and not random fantasy term number 92 that I didn't know because I never played the game. Never thought it affected by enjoyment or anything but still thought it was goofy when they said stuff like "We'll take control of the air!"
Jan 20, 2019 4:15 AM
Dec 2014
IT HAS BEEN 80 YEARS- Titanic meme

Yeah we finally got Tales of Vesperia in the West. The 360 release was just a demo, I guess Bandai understood that releasing their mothership title on xbox was a bad idea.

So now we can watch this prequel and after that jump into the game. Patty FLAT IS JUSTICE Fleur.
Feb 24, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2016
Not gonna lie, the movie enhances the game and Flynn's character immensely! Now I wish that the twins were more than sidequest characters in the game.

Also, this made me realize how much we need a Tales of Vesperia anime and a minimum 24 episodes one because the characters shine the most when they're just goofing off
Apr 19, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2015
That end credit visuals seem interesting, really thought it was a sequel preview. Anyways that was a great final battle with Garista, it was like he was defeated by Niren himself in the end. I guess his (Niren) death was inevitable since he showed so much death flags on his head, but it was emotional though.

Enjoyed it and wish for the sequel. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 30, 2020 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
I am surprised by how good this turned out to be. Considering previous Tales adaptations, I went into this expecting a somewhat of a mediocrity adaptation, but it managed to pull through. I am truly impressed. What I was able to pinpoint is the overall atmosphere in the movie that is quite distinguishable from the video game. While the game balanced the lighthearted and serious moments well, the film maintained its almost somber mood throughout its duration, giving off a subdued feeling to me. Another thing that I liked was the battles that took place, more particularly, the bar fight. Unlike Tales of the Abyss horrendous, irrational battles, the ones here were more fluent, intense, and almost realistic.

Most of the new characters, the ones that weren't in the game or made only a minor appearance in it, were interesting enough, most notably, the captain, Niren. The film sustained its simplicity and delivered noteworthy results. It was nostalgic to see major video game characters, like Rita and Raven, up to their usual antics. Baby Repede is just too precious and adorable. I was a bit took aback by how extremely strict and a stickler to the rules Flynn was before everything happened. That was an odd sight to witness compared to the kindhearted, selfless true knight that is Flynn in the present.

Overall, the best Tales adaptation so far, for me. I give it a 7/10.

Aug 2, 2020 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Damn this could've been such a good movie if the villain was given more screen time lmao. Also who tf are those twins I don't remember seeing them in the game but they seem very likeable.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Jul 4, 2022 8:27 PM

Mar 2011
I was a bit disappointed. I like that it fleshed out the story of the game, but it was fairly predictable. The "twist" of the villain was obvious from the start.

I was hoping they would show how Rapede got into smoking, but I did think it was cute that he had a bone in his mouth when he was just a pup.
Jun 10, 2023 9:41 PM
Jul 2017
Repede is SO CUTE as a pup.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this a standalone film?

StevenHu - Dec 28, 2013

2 by StevenHu »»
Apr 7, 2014 1:16 PM

» Is this prequel show better than the videogame?

LilKis1986 - Oct 24, 2012

4 by FullmetalRaikou »»
Aug 9, 2013 7:48 PM

» The DVD of tales of vesperia the first strike ( 1 2 )

Hisham_Qurashi - May 28, 2010

79 by Falcomster »»
Nov 7, 2011 12:13 PM

» When will this come 2 the internet ?

Kawaii-Vesperia - Oct 9, 2009

37 by Red-Liquid »»
May 28, 2010 5:24 AM

» Tales of Vesperia Staff and Cast

dtshyk - Apr 6, 2009

5 by HaloX5 »»
Oct 5, 2009 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.