Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2012 7:27 AM
Sep 2012
Why is every single recurring female character has to become a love interest?
If there is going to be some yaoi, it is not going to be surprising at all...
Oct 16, 2012 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
Erg nooooo not another "sister is actually a cousin so it makes incest ok" storyline. Oh gawd. Bloody hell if you didnt know any better you would think most anime love stories were written by hill billies. Seriously what is with the cousin incest theme, it crops up all too often in anime that have love interests/themes.

In general it was OK. Felt a bit filler to me.

Oct 16, 2012 9:12 AM

Nov 2009
XR said:

Oct 16, 2012 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

erg, the thought of this turning into a cousin love thing is making my skin crawl WHYYYYYYY. lol. Is Sugu the girl he is flying with in the opening song/holding her hand? If so, and it turns into a proper thing/main part of the anime, this is going to go into my huge pile of anime "dropped because of incest plots" .

*sigh*
Oct 16, 2012 9:24 AM
Jul 2012
people complain way too much ago, first it was about a bad plot, and now incest, and a antagonist that makes people rage I mean ALO didn't even start yet.
Oct 16, 2012 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

erg, the thought of this turning into a cousin love thing is making my skin crawl WHYYYYYYY. lol. Is Sugu the girl he is flying with in the opening song/holding her hand? If so, and it turns into a proper thing/main part of the anime, this is going to go into my huge pile of anime "dropped because of incest plots" .

*sigh*

Oct 16, 2012 9:32 AM

Jun 2012
JavierR said:
people complain way too much ago, first it was about a bad plot, and now incest, and a antagonist that makes people rage I mean ALO didn't even start yet.

Firstly i have not complained about much in regards to this anime, feel free to troll through my old posts if you wish. I have never mentioned once about the plot. It moved like a freight train but i didnt think it was "bad". I in fact quite enjoy this anime. Pointing out one thing i don't like isn't exactly continually complaining is it? So please dont lump me into the same group as the trolls who sit there watching the series just to smack talk it on forums. Trolling and bitching about every part is something i have not done.

I just don't see the need for so many anime's which have a love story flowing through them to introduce some form of incest/ romantic feelings between cousins. This isnt exclusive to SAO but a lot of animes and it really bugs me.

Also re it being introduced, it was quite clear she said you should never give up on the person you love indicating, she infact would not give up on him, despite his lack of feelings for her. Also from what happens in the starting song/ intro it seems to indicate it does develop into something. And it also sets a tone which i do not like ( this is very much an IMO thing, but its a pet peeve that will never change for me).

If you have read the LN and know otherwise that is a different case, but it does its best to hint that it will in fact be a big part of the story from now on, you having knowledge beyond the anime gives you the luxury of hindsight. I do not.
XROct 16, 2012 9:43 AM
Oct 16, 2012 9:37 AM

Oct 2012
I may not be a good critic, but i'm enjoying the the show till now...
And what about that weird guy, heh. I want to put my hands on his neck.
Oct 16, 2012 9:47 AM

Aug 2009
XR said:
JavierR said:

Firstly i have not complained about much in regards to this anime, feel free to troll through my old posts if you wish. I have never mentioned once about the plot. It moved like a freight train but i didnt think it was "bad". I in fact quite enjoy this anime. Pointing out one thing i don't like isn't exactly continually complaining is it? So please dont lump me into the same group as the trolls who sit there watching the series just to smack talk it on forums. Trolling and bitching about every part is something i have not done.

I just don't see the need for so many anime's which have a love story flowing through them to introduce some form of incest/ romantic feelings between cousins. This isnt exclusive to SAO but a lot of animes and it really bugs me.

Also re it being introduced, it was quite clear she said you should never give up on the person you love indicating, she infact would not give up on him, despite his lack of feelings for her. Also from what happenings in the starting song/ intro it seems to indicate it does develop into something. And it also sets a tone which i do not like. If you have read the LN and know otherwise that is a different case but it does its best to hint that it will in fact be a big part of the story from now on, you having knowledge beyond the anime gives you the luxury of hindsight. I do not.

Just a spoiler that may help you watch it without worrying about it developing into an incest show
.What you should worry about is how they animated the battle with those white statues in the OP.One of the best battles in all the LN became a like a touhou game.
Oct 16, 2012 9:47 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.
Oct 16, 2012 9:53 AM

Aug 2009
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

At least he/she has a certain problem with incest. Unlike others that call the toothbrush scene "HOT" and "EPIC" but complain about this small thing, he has any right to worry/complain.

Those other "elitists" with double standards the size of Aincard should kindly shut the fuck up.
Oct 16, 2012 9:54 AM

Jun 2012
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

so i am not allowed to express any parts of the show that i dislike.....? really. I understand complaining at the trolls who watch the show just to post on here and bitch about it. I am not one of those people. There are legitimate complaints about this show, it isnt perfect. Its fun and i enjoy it but it does have its flaws. I also said its very much an IMO, it doesn't bother some people but it REALLY bothers me, i dont expect people to shame the same sentiments i do on this, and i know that.

I have a very close nit family, and the idea of being romantically interested in my cousin is as repulsive as being romantically interested in a sibling.
Oct 16, 2012 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
XR said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

so i am not allowed to express any parts of the show that i dislike.....? really. I understand complaining at the trolls who watch the show just to post on here and bitch about it. I am not one of those people. There are legitimate complaints about this show, it isnt perfect. Its fun and i enjoy it but it does have its flaws. I also said its very much an IMO, it doesn't bother some people but it REALLY bothers me, i dont expect people to shame the same sentiments i do on this, and i know that.

Except what you said was a bit off. I never said you couldn't complain, I just gave my opinion and said "Nitpickers." This isn't going into an incest plot, idk what you're talking about. You see one thing with his cousin and start ranting before something happens. Kirito doesn't LOVE her. As a relative yes, but gf? no.

Worded it wrong so I had to redo it.

TyrelOct 16, 2012 10:16 AM
Oct 16, 2012 10:01 AM

Jun 2012
Tyrel said:
XR said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

Except what you said was totally off. I never said you couldn't complain, I just gave my opinion and said "Nitpickers." This isn't going into an incest plot, idk what you're talking about. You see one thing with his cousin and start ranting before something happens. Kirito doesn't LOVE her. As a relative yes, but gf? no.

you seem to totally ignore my reasoning as to why i thought it would migrate towards that. I clearly pointed out 2 very glaringly obvious reasons for why i thought this. you are another person who read the LN im guessing, so if you have hindsight then you really are not in a position to to say that, as you know what happens. From this episode it is quite misleading to say the least, especially if you you watch the opening.

She clearly says to kirito that he should never give up on his love, indicating she wouldn't either. They hold hands in the opening and you see asuna's face drop immediately afterwards.
Oct 16, 2012 10:01 AM

Oct 2012
"This isn't going into an incest plot"

made my day =)
Oct 16, 2012 10:20 AM

Sep 2011
XR said:
Tyrel said:
XR said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

Except what you said was totally off. I never said you couldn't complain, I just gave my opinion and said "Nitpickers." This isn't going into an incest plot, idk what you're talking about. You see one thing with his cousin and start ranting before something happens. Kirito doesn't LOVE her. As a relative yes, but gf? no.

you seem to totally ignore my reasoning as to why i thought it would migrate towards that. I clearly pointed out 2 very glaringly obvious reasons for why i thought this. you are another person who read the LN im guessing, so if you have hindsight then you really are not in a position to to say that, as you know what happens. From this episode it is quite misleading to say the least, especially if you you watch the opening.

She clearly says to kirito that he should never give up on his love, indicating she wouldn't either. They hold hands in the opening and you see asuna's face drop immediately afterwards.

I've read the volume up until the end of ALO, as far as her loving Kirito still in the real world after that I'm not sure. Also I redid my spoiler as I worded it wrong. Yes, from this episode it is quite misleading I'll give you that. Where was her face dropping? The time they held hands in the air was only part I could see in which Asuna was showed after and Asuna face wasn't dropping down, she was smiling.
Oct 16, 2012 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
XR said:
Tyrel said:
XR said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

I have no idea how their director thinks.

Like I said before just look at how they did the battle in the OP.Most times the studio just amazes me.In a bad way.
Oct 16, 2012 10:38 AM

Apr 2007
INCEST YES!!!!

btw fairy land looks gay tbh
Oct 16, 2012 12:05 PM

Jul 2012
It's always has to be the guy in glasses.....ALWAYS...just the law of animes I guess lol

Also despite the elf ears and what not this arc looks more interesting than the last and now that there's gonna be less of Asuna's baby love it should be interesting how things turn out.

Still can't stand Kirito he's always seems like he would kill himself at anytime if something happened to Asuna.
Oct 16, 2012 4:57 PM
Apr 2012
didn't like the incest thingy -.-
Oct 16, 2012 6:42 PM

Jan 2012
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Tyrel said:
XR said:
Tyrel said:
ssjokg said:
XR said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
XR said:

*sigh*

Nitpickers.

I have no idea how their director thinks.

Like I said before just look at how they did the battle in the OP.Most times the studio just amazes me.In a bad way.

I don't think you should try to get anything out of the opening besides new character designs lol, its very easy to cut and paste certain clips together to make things look misleading
Oct 16, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2010
That guy is pretty creepy.

I kind of want this new arc to go well but I've heard bad things about it.
Oct 16, 2012 8:40 PM
Jul 2012
OMG!! The OP is so god the ED too ^.^
OMG!!1 Asuna is still in hospital poor Asuna ;w;
Go Kirito Go!! Save Asuna from that creep!!1
Incest no!!!!!!1 I don't approve.. but from what I've heard incest is allowed in JAPAN... since I LOVE JAPAN (It's so KAWAII DESU!!!) I suppose I have no other choice but to go with it
Told ya SAO is gettin' good and yall should feel ashamed for writing negative reviews of this show D:
even the mod write a bad review of this show!What the hell! Have this site gone mad or somethin'
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 16, 2012 9:15 PM

Apr 2009
I don't know why but deep inside me I wanted to lunge at the new guy' throat and hurl him at the window the first time he appeared, and then when he licked his lips after smelling Asuna's hair and began touching her, I wanted so much to rip him apart to his subatomic components from where he was standing. I don't even read the LN nor the manga but my gut feeling tells me he'll be worse than Kayaba. RAGE!!! >_<

Screenshot? Wait, another MMORPG? She's trapped in another one? WTH!!!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 16, 2012 10:51 PM
Mar 2008
The opening honestly throw me off with the style of the great tree but damn. I was so happy to only get a sense of kirito's cousin trying to bone him instead of the novels habit of stuffing in her constant incest thought. So far its following the novels perfectly my only concerns are the art style.
Oct 17, 2012 1:43 AM

Nov 2010
Poor Asuna, that stooge marrying him should die.
He doesn't even love her!
I hope he's not that Heathcliff dude
Sugu being Kirito's cousin surpised me
This new Arc looks interesting, is this story still continuing in the novels?
Oct 17, 2012 1:45 AM

Feb 2012
1lau said:

This story happened in the novel, yes. The arc's already finished though.
Oct 17, 2012 1:47 AM

Aug 2009
1lau said:

we knew about Suguha since Silica's ep. Well I dont blame you for forgetting it.

Yeah it still is continuing.The LN has one more game(Gun Gale Online) and something else which I cant describe as a game..
ssjokgOct 17, 2012 2:07 AM
Oct 17, 2012 1:53 AM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

we knew about Suguha since Silica's ep. Well I dont blame you for forgetting it.

Yeah it still is continuing.The LN has one more game(Gun Gale Online) and something else which I cant describe as a game..

It was mentioned in this ep that they were suspecting Kayaba is the one behind this incident since he's still gone missing.
HauntingShockOct 17, 2012 2:32 AM
Oct 17, 2012 2:09 AM

Aug 2009
HauntingShock said:
ssjokg said:
1lau said:

It was mentioned in this ep that they were suspecting Kayaba is the one behind this incident since he's still gone missing.

fixed now your quote remains.
Still not as bad as some hater that spoiled
and didnt change it even though I pointed out.
Oct 17, 2012 2:23 AM

Jun 2012
sorry i may have just misread the signals but its just how it went and alarm bells went rining in my head when it cropped up, i was like areeee not AGAIN. Feel more settled now ;)
Oct 17, 2012 3:09 AM

Aug 2010
+1 to the harem, though I would have preferred someone else than Taketatsu Ayana, her voice irritates me to no end. At least she isn't a tsundere, that's a good thing.

If you watch it as a parody, it's quite entertaining really, the best way to enjoy it would be to have a few friends over and poke fun at the scenes. 3/5.
Oct 17, 2012 8:22 AM
Oct 2012
first thing first, this might contain spoiler and someone might already posted this but im too lazy to read all 32 pages

since the anime did not point it well :

suguha's 1st flash back --> her bro suddenly avoided her

suguha's 2nd flash back --> suguha finally wanted to shorten their distance, but it was all too late because kazuto got involved in SAO. cried because there's possibilty that he would die before their relationship could get fixed

suguha's 3rd flash back --> suguha's happiest moment, her bro finally got back from SAO. she determined to fix their relationship, but her bro unexpectedly started to open himself more to her after SAO incident

suguha's 4th flash back (the one before sleeping scene) does not need to be explained since it's alr obvious

the ending song is awesome,
Oct 17, 2012 12:00 PM

Jul 2011
Why are they elfvs in the op? Don't tell me that's ALO
Oct 17, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2009
EOTW said:
Why are they elfvs in the op? Don't tell me that's ALO

It is. They're all Fairies in ALO or derivatives of mythical creatures.
Oct 17, 2012 11:24 PM
May 2010
AGHHH! Sogou Nobuyuki! Fuckin pisses me off! Really hated him in the novels and hes just as revolting if not more in the anime. I was in synch with Kirito with the seething hated I felt.

-.- -sigh- with that out of the way! Great intro ep for ALO!~

The beginning scene is powerful and fully conveys Kirito's fears right now and what hes going through, and for most of the arc-ish. The visuals were great in this ep with being able to show the terror hes feeling and also later when hes pissed, the camera shots movements and everything captured his emotions amazingly. It might just be cause I watch the last three eps in a row but I feel the animators are really picking up the ball now, with the pacing, it really flows nicely and the story is awesome!~

So character intros! Sugu!~ or Suguha, hehe Shes extremely adorable, if not extremely obvious in her crush, but thats how she is!
Her match with Kirito was awesome, ah~ its one thing to read it but another to see it, pretty awesome but when it came to a test of strenghth, I was like, ah~ its over~ What with him still being weak and all. Hopefully

haaa, it was heart wrenching, the scene were Kirito went to visit Asuna. She looks really good, I wonder if its hospital care, or just the animators not wanting her to look bad? Never seen a person in a Coma in real life so no idea how bad it (can get)/gets.

haha~! Really liked the subtle hint that Kirito's reconnected with the other people from SAO, Agil, in this case, with the final cliffhanger for this ep, A picture of Asuna~!...?

Finally

Well heres hoping for another great ep next week~! er 2 days from now~ish haha, a little late on watching SAO arent I?hehe but seriously hope its aweome!!!~~~
Oct 17, 2012 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting start to the next arc. Figured it would be a slower episode, which it was, but it wasn't bad. Interesting to see Kirito in the real world. And he has a really cute sister that isn't actually his sister. Because that situation has never been done before. :/ Hopefully it'll still be good though. Was wondering how the series was going to continue, and having 300 people still in the game is interesting. Wonder what the explanation for that will be. New d-bag guy. The first season really didn't have one, so I guess now there is that obvious guy you're supposed to hate.

Overall, good start to the new story. I was definitely not expecting this series to have any sort of split, and I wish the first world would of been flushed out more. I hope the series will continue to be really good into this next arc.
Oct 18, 2012 5:44 AM

Jun 2008
FailAtLife said:
\from what I've heard incest is allowed in JAPAN

No.
Oct 18, 2012 5:47 AM

Aug 2009
ImperialX said:
FailAtLife said:
from what I've heard incest is allowed in JAPAN

No.

Dont take what FailAtLife says seriously.
Oct 18, 2012 6:38 AM

Jun 2012
no incest is not legal, at least not between siblings. ( or parents, etc) but cousin's are legally allowed to wed. Same here in the UK. It was very common with the landed gentry in England up until the 1900's. There is also plenty of research to suggest that the increased chance of genetic mutations increasing when reproducing with siblings/parents is not the case with cousins, there is enough genetic deviation. ( or at least that is what i read in a recent article. ) Also it is slightly more common in Japan for cousins to wed than in most countries, but it still makes up a VERY small % of overall marriages in Japan

But for some reason it seems to be a VERY common topic / fetish in ALOT of animes. i dont quite know or understand why but hey there is a lot i don't understand. Personally it makes my skin crawl.

Now as a person who is bang against ANY kind of incest, even cousin, hell even second cousins, i dont care, there are billions of people on the planet, why the fuck do you have to reproduce within the same gene pool?!?!?!? you dirty bastards!!!!!!! / rant over XD
Oct 18, 2012 6:56 AM

Sep 2010
Me not liking that "Fairy Art Online" thingy and find the marriage thing a bit excessive, don't give me that cliché crap. I'm liking the "imouto" though.
Oct 18, 2012 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
Kirito is so getting NTR'd in this episode. I hope that Sugou will suffer.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Oct 18, 2012 12:33 PM
Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
ImperialX said:
FailAtLife said:
from what I've heard incest is allowed in JAPAN

No.

Dont take what FailAtLife says seriously.

Cause he lives up to his name.
Oct 18, 2012 5:45 PM

Apr 2011
With Sword Art Online deleted, it's a good start to a new arc. It's nice to see Kirito's life in the real world and his interactions with his cousin/sister figure. I found the cousin romance awkward. Sugou is one fucking asshole whom I hate (alongside my hatable villains like Cal from Titanic, Snape from Harry Potter, and Biff from Back to the Future). I can't wait to see how the story folds as I want to see more.
"It's called being awesome"
Oct 19, 2012 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
Onto ALO lol. Seriously though I think I like SAO better. Well, as a game to play and as long as you don't die if your HP reaches 0.

Oct 19, 2012 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
I seriously thought the series was ending with the way episode 14 was going, so I had to check how many episodes there were going to be, and I was beyond confused as to why episode 14 ended the way it did. I thought "they beat the game, they ended up living, what the heck is the rest of the series going to be about!?" I was seriously mind fucked because I know nothing of this show's novels, when I watched this episode I was pretty much shocked and excited beyond my mind.

There's going to be ANOTHER game!? Poor Asuna is still somewhere out there, I wish for once we could have a sibling who wasn't in love with her damn brother and just have some nice sibling normal compassion but whatevs not surprised, and whatever his face new villian is an asshole and weird. Asuna's family is weird. Anyway super excited to see her as an elf, and this new game in general. Definitely took me by surprise though, did not see any of that coming lol.
Oct 20, 2012 5:43 AM
Jun 2012
wow interesting. the plot is amazing. i never expect there would be another world. i was quite surprised when the game was cleared in episode 14, i thought it was way too early.
Oct 20, 2012 6:19 PM

Jul 2007
So poor Asuna has been made into a trophy for Kirito to rescue both in the real world for one of the most unabashed creepers I've ever seen in a non-hentai anime and in the virtual world as a trophy. Because, you know, misogyny.

All arguments that Asuna is a strong female character die with this episode.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 20, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2011
Asuna's a horrible female lead.
Oct 20, 2012 6:57 PM

Oct 2012
Splitter said:
So poor Asuna has been made into a trophy for Kirito to rescue both in the real world for one of the most unabashed creepers I've ever seen in a non-hentai anime and in the virtual world as a trophy. Because, you know, misogyny.

All arguments that Asuna is a strong female character die with this episode.
Its just saving rukia plot all over again
Pages (16) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

951 by Rexnihilo »»
Sep 7, 11:16 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

23 by Swyzen »»
Aug 30, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

166 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 24, 12:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.