Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2012 1:26 PM

Nov 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
well according to what tiago told me on skype yesterday oda apparantly announced the halfway point 2-3 years ago(he told me he said this around when episode 400something was aired), so its more like 7 or so years left if he got that right
Well I guess I'm glad I finally know the window, kinda sad though that it has to end sometime. He better have all of his ideas written down somewhere in case of an accident.
Oct 5, 2012 1:29 PM

Jul 2012
He's taking more breaks recently, I hope it's nothing serious.
Oct 5, 2012 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
When I saw this topic, it got my attention. And I want to post my opinion about this 'overrating' something too.
I have a weird feeling of this discussion. Generally I would agree with the statement that rating show after one episode is strange. But this is Gintama we all know. Since the manga and the studio haven't changed I suppose show isn't going to change too. And like someone mentioned, all people, who didn't like it, have stopped on the first anime and haven't continued it. So the second and third series is mainly rated by fans of the show. It's why I'm not suprised that the next series is rated higher than the previous.
Otherwise I think that arguing about the ratings of some animes is pointless. Comparing animes because of their rating also can be useless. These animes are watched by different people with different likes and these animes are different too. And animes are usually watched due to the genre and not by all the same people. What am I going to say? That various people and really various amount of them are rating the shows. And a lot of animes differ from each other. Especially the ones with very different genres. And if things are staying like that, we don't have rights to compare completely different anime. Because it's so useless, foolish and pointless. Because pointless is pointless. Because every person likes different things, genres and animes... Because one person can like or love something, which another person would find sort of boring or simply hate it, etc, etc...
Anyway animes like Gintama and LoGH are very different from each other and comparing them isn't worth to argue. And people will be watching and rating high animes which they'll like, not animes, which have the highest score. Finally the rating have to be a little help with choice some series to watch but it shouldn't decide about the real value of show. So arguing about what should have the first rate in MAL is pointless because people are rating things as they like. It's all.
removed-userOct 5, 2012 2:53 PM
Oct 5, 2012 3:00 PM
Jan 2012
It's not like anything changed really, it's an addition to the series before and that series before was an addition to the first series. So I don't know why people are saying "OH IT'S ONLY THE FIRST EPISODE, WHY YOU RANKING IT 10."

It's basically like a new episode. Nothing has changed.
Oct 5, 2012 3:47 PM

Sep 2011
Liilaa said:
When I saw this topic, it got my attention. And I want to post my opinion about this 'overrating' something too.
I have a weird feeling of this discussion. Generally I would agree with the statement that rating show after one episode is strange. But this is Gintama we all know. Since the manga and the studio haven't changed I suppose show isn't going to change too. And like someone mentioned, all people, who didn't like it, have stopped on the first anime and haven't continued it. So the second and third series is mainly rated by fans of the show. It's why I'm not suprised that the next series is rated higher than the previous.
Otherwise I think that arguing about the ratings of some animes is pointless. Comparing animes because of their rating also can be useless. These animes are watched by different people with different likes and these animes are different too. And animes are usually watched due to the genre and not by all the same people. What am I going to say? That various people and really various amount of them are rating the shows. And a lot of animes differ from each other. Especially the ones with very different genres. And if things are staying like that, we don't have rights to compare completely different anime. Because it's so useless, foolish and pointless. Because pointless is pointless. Because every person likes different things, genres and animes... Because one person can like or love something, which another person would find sort of boring or simply hate it, etc, etc...
Anyway animes like Gintama and LoGH are very different from each other and comparing them isn't worth to argue. And people will be watching and rating high animes which they'll like, not animes, which have the highest score. Finally the rating have to be a little help with choice some series to watch but it shouldn't decide about the real value of show. So arguing about what should have the first rate in MAL is pointless because people are rating things as they like. It's all.
couldnt say this better myself, too bad the people that need to read this wont bother most likley

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 5, 2012 3:47 PM

Apr 2011
I think the score will settle are Gintama will lose 1st place to Gintama. Then again Gintama has hardcore fans so Gintama might remain above Gintama...
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
Oct 5, 2012 3:57 PM
May 2010
Dont get cocky gintama fans

First of all if gintama is so good why first season isnt on 1st place ?

Gintama S2 was on first place not because it is good, is because the little people who could survive through S1 obviously are die hardcore fans who will give it a 10 so thats why S2 was put in first place.... and well this s3 is like a chain if you survive s1 and then you did it with s2 obviously s3 will have only 10s.

Doesnt mean gintama s2 and s3 are good.
Oct 5, 2012 4:01 PM

Jun 2007
NHS-KEMISH said:

Gintama S2 was on first place not because it is good, is because the little people who could survive through S1 obviously are die hardcore fans who will give it a 10 so thats why S2 was put in first place.... and well this s3 is like a chain if you survive s1 and then you did it with s2 obviously s3 will have only 10s.

Season 1 of Gintama is only 49 episodes and not hard to get through at all. If you want to try and talk shit (for no reason whatsoever) please do some research.

And, most importantly, randomly claiming shows aren't good just because they have a huge fanbase made up of hardcore fans really makes no sense whatsoever.

As for why is Gintama not the top, because, it's got more votes - which is all that really matters. More votes = more skewed numbers = lower overall rating. Less scores that are higher means a higher overall rating, it's basic math. However, All 3 series of Gintama are in the top 10, which does say a lot about how good the series is. If any of these were bad, they wouldn't be that high up by your logic, yet they all are, meaning the entirety of Gintama is - purely by average - one of the top 5 anime ever made.

I prefer not giving a shit about MAL's top anime list personally.
TallonKarrde23Oct 5, 2012 4:06 PM
Oct 5, 2012 4:01 PM

Apr 2011
4k members, first on MAL by 0.07 of second place, which is also Gintama. Fuck logic.
Those who say it's the same story so a 10/10 is justified just doesn't flow well with me, I find it flawed logic - what if it sucks ass? Better to wait and see, at least till it's half way...

And by the way a 10/10 means masterpiece, or perfect. It should be hard to achieve, at least with me...
sagdashinOct 5, 2012 4:23 PM
Oct 5, 2012 4:27 PM

Jun 2011
Barion-Zara said:
MordredAH said:
No wonder no one takes MAL seriously.

I don't agree. This is proof that MAL community are right in their minds.

I agree for not rating new anime from the first episode but Gintama already has 253 eps, the studio is the same and the way they do things is the same, so why not rate it the same?

Gintama totally deserves this. How can any person give it less than 9 or 10.

^this
Oct 5, 2012 4:30 PM

Aug 2011
sagdashin said:
And by the way a 10/10 means masterpiece, or perfect. It should be hard to achieve, at least with me...

No one cares.
Oct 5, 2012 4:34 PM

Jul 2011
Totally deserves
Oct 5, 2012 4:40 PM
May 2012
Hopefully the scores will change, since only 800 people rated it and the ratings in MAL are mixed up, some anime are rated out of 100 thousands of people and a few(such as Gintama) have much less people rating it.

Oct 5, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
I lol'd.

@NHS-KEMISH logic. Even if that were to happen, the orignal Gintama still places 7th. Take off the other two then it'd place 5th. If you take the average of all 3 of them, you'd get 9.22, and guess what? It's still in the first place.

*insert Gin's troll face here*
Oct 5, 2012 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
Paul said:
I lol'd.

@NHS-KEMISH logic. Even if that were to happen, the orignal Gintama still places 7th. Take off the other two then it'd place 5th. If you take the average of all 3 of them, you'd get 9.22, and guess what? It's still in the first place.

let me help u with that

Oct 5, 2012 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
Haven't watched the first ep yet but it looks like Gintama is still maintaining its epic quality.
Oct 5, 2012 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
Well, it's quite obvious that the 2nd season is overrated and the 3rd one will be too, 2nd season doesn't show any significant difference in quality when comparing it to the first 201 eps, so I guess the "accurate" score is the one from the 1st season.

Btw, I already scored it because it's just a continuation of the 1st and 2nd series and that score reflects the quality of the series as a whole, at least for now, probably many people follow the same reasoning (though it's obvious there are also fanboys who automatically gave it a 10).
PosseOct 5, 2012 5:45 PM
Oct 5, 2012 7:20 PM
Jan 2012
NHS-KEMISH said:

WTF? LMAO.
Great logic buddy.
Oct 5, 2012 7:23 PM
Jul 2018
I think it will be much better if gintama was ranked below 60, there's just too much pressure when your favorite show is #1 lol.

Let FMAB or Steins;Gate take over first place and lets reside in peace.
Oct 5, 2012 7:26 PM
Aug 2010
ITT: Opinions.

If you don't like how things are done, then stfu and gtfo of MAL. THAT is logic.

Now excuse me as I simultaneously laugh and cry myself to sleep with the new Gintama.
Oct 5, 2012 7:42 PM

Mar 2010
More proof that MAL ratings are idiotic and irrelevant
Oct 5, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2008
Vylash said:
More proof that MAL ratings are idiotic and irrelevant

Also more proof that people actually care about MAL's rankings. Lol.
Oct 5, 2012 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
lol
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 5, 2012 7:56 PM

Feb 2012
You all wont be so happy about 1st place when I fire my blue shell.
Oct 5, 2012 7:57 PM
Apr 2011
Lol MAL users certainly love their Gintama. Me too, but I'm a little surprised people are showering it with 10's after a single episode. I can understand doing it for the premiere of Gintama' because that was one of the most awesome premieres ever, but this one not as much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2012 7:57 PM
Apr 2011
Shane777 said:

Lols!!! I wish I could thumbs up your comment! XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2012 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
makoa69 said:
Lol MAL users certainly love their Gintama. Me too, but I'm a little surprised people are showering it with 10's after a single episode. I can understand doing it for the premiere of Gintama' because that was one of the most awesome premieres ever, but this one not as much.

Dont worry, it won't be long before some people shower it with 1's too.
Oh look 1.8% already, its gonna surpass LoGH as the anime on top list with highest percentage of 1's lol.
Oct 5, 2012 8:03 PM

Mar 2012
Shane777 said:

Well done.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 5, 2012 8:13 PM

Sep 2011
makoa69 said:
oh look, another person that doesnt understand the thing people here have explained 10 times over already, yes pun intended

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 5, 2012 11:00 PM

Feb 2010
Don't get me wrong. I love Gintama and all, but...whoa. o.o I actually did not see that coming.
Oct 5, 2012 11:45 PM

Apr 2010
LettuceBeHonest said:
Paul said:
I lol'd.

let me help u with that

LOL Point made!
Oct 5, 2012 11:51 PM

Feb 2008
Jeez, there's only one episode!
hmm. now if only we could move the first season from 7 to 3 possibly higher..
ah well I'm Bias Kintama is a fantastic show, I can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 6, 2012 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
9.32 -> 9.29 :(
Oct 6, 2012 3:59 AM
May 2012
i don't see the point of haters rating this show with a <1> just because it is placed 1st,
you should rate it based on enjoyment etc not because you are a twAT cuz gintama deserves over average rankings....
Oct 6, 2012 4:42 AM

Dec 2011
Raphow said:
i don't see the point of haters rating this show with a <1> just because it is placed 1st,
you should rate it based on enjoyment etc not because you are a twAT cuz gintama deserves over average rankings....

Yes because everyone who has different tastes to yours is by definition a twat.

*rolls eyes*
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 6, 2012 4:54 AM

Mar 2012
The fact that this is no.1 and JJBA's score is 7.5 or something shows that MAL ratings are stupid :O
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 5:05 AM

Sep 2011
Haha oh wow, already?
Oh well.As much as LOGH deserves to be number 1, it beats having shit anime like Code Geass in first place at least.Gintama may not be the best, but it's damn good once you're past it's weaker start.
And yeah, Jojo deserves a way higher average, the first episode was fucking awesome.
Oct 6, 2012 5:12 AM
Mar 2012
This is considered the 253th episode of gintama, so it's not really STRANGE. Plus, rankings on mal never made any sense so who cares.
Oct 6, 2012 5:21 AM
Sep 2011
Have never taken this pages rating serious and this is a good proof that it is messed up really bad.
Oct 6, 2012 5:39 AM
Jan 2011
edwd2 said:
9.32 -> 9.29 :(

That was faster than I excepted.
Oct 6, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2012
The only problem with MAL ranking system is that it only take in cosideration the score but not the number of vote it gets. Gintama is always on top because everybody who watchs it really likes the series, but It doesn't have as many fans as other series.
It would be a simple case of chaging the math behind the rank to a more complex one that takes into consideration not only the score but the amount of viewers, that would fix the problem.

I love Gintama and it's my favorite, but I'm very aware there's better stuff out there. Just because it's my favorite I wouldn't say it's the 'best'. *coff coff * Steins; Gate * coff coff*
BillyMKOct 6, 2012 6:36 AM
Oct 6, 2012 6:55 AM
Jul 2018
BillyMK said:

It would be a simple case of chaging the math behind the rank to a more complex one that takes into consideration not only the score but the amount of viewers, that would fix the problem.

In that case I expect something like

1 - FMAB
2 - Code Geass
3 - Code Geass R2
4 - TTGL
5 - Death Note

lol, putting 1 aside, I think that's worse.

And that will also badly hurt LoGH and ARIA :(
Oct 6, 2012 7:02 AM

Jun 2012
edwd2 said:

In that case I expect something like

1 - FMAB
2 - Code Geass
3 - Code Geass R2
4 - TTGL
5 - Death Note

lol, putting 1 aside, I think that's worse.

And that will also badly hurt LoGH and ARIA :(

I don't really think Death Note (the anime not the manga) deservers top 5...
and it needs more Steins; Gate. But that's only my opinion anyway =P
Oct 6, 2012 7:36 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Reuku said:
incisorr said:
the animes in top 30 suck anyway, gintama deserves the first place.

Oh well, it happened already 5 years ago.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 6, 2012 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Rene Descartes is a SAO fag >.>
End Zionazism
Oct 6, 2012 7:55 AM

Jun 2012
1 episode out
Everyone gives it a 10
what the fuck are you retards doing?
Oct 6, 2012 9:00 AM

Jan 2010
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 9:01 AM
Apr 2012
Shuhan said:
1 episode out
Everyone gives it a 10
what the fuck are you retards doing?

Okay see, that just proves you don't know what you're talking about. This isn't episode 1, it's episode 253.
Oct 6, 2012 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
For a gag series, this one just can't seem to keep itself away from the drama. Seriously, let em diehard fans revel in light of their favorite series' (re)taking the crown of (being) mal's most overrated title while they still can-- for whatsoever rat's ass it's worth.

Btw, I'm a fan of the series. This kind of subjective topics/discussions however, I'm not. :|
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Oct 6, 2012 9:04 AM

Jan 2010
a1oner said:
For a gag series, this one just can't seem to keep itself away from the drama. Seriously, let em diehard fans revel in light of their favorite series' (re)taking the crown of (being) mal's most overrated title while they still can-- for whatsoever rat's ass it's worth.

Btw, I'm a fan of the series. This kind of subjective topics/discussions however, I'm not. :|

I can definitely tell you hate people who complain about this series :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Oct 11, 2012

122 by removed-user »»
May 9, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 28, 2013

180 by lordgaara »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Hyack - Feb 7, 2013

203 by lordgaara »»
Apr 24, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 21, 2013

116 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Gintama': Enchousen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hyack - Mar 14, 2013

113 by Sahil_K_Chandio »»
Mar 11, 9:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.