Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2012 6:50 AM
Feb 2012
Where is the kiss? T__T

Well i guess this type of ending relates to this kind of sad anime. really enjoyed it, and now i'm sad that i finished it :(

9/10
Datenshi_TVJul 14, 2015 6:20 AM
Dec 9, 2012 10:27 AM

Jul 2009
"NHK ni Youkoso"

LOL at the ridiculous name change
Dec 21, 2012 11:38 PM
Nov 2012
Definitely an anime that I could relate to, but after all that I figured their relation would be more apparent or further along, I mean a relationship would be if all that happened in real life, right?

Edit: After pondering and discussing the ending I think I understand bit more why there relationship has seemed not to have progressed much. There both just really socially awkward that they go about expressing there emotions in there own unique and unusual way. I just don't get why he was so envious of how well his friend and senpai were doing. I mean sure he's got a mediocre job but I thought he would of at least been happy that he still has Misaki in his life.
drewzmDec 27, 2012 1:09 PM
Dec 31, 2012 10:54 PM
Apr 2012
I wanted Satou with Senpai.

but good series. one of my favourite.
Jan 1, 2013 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
Ending was pretty nice. My only complaint with this anime was that episodes 18-22 felt kind of boring to me, but still enjoyed watching! Nice morals to the series as well.
^_^

Jan 5, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2012
NHK doesn't really exist. That's the point.
The whole thing at the end was also a figment of his imagination (and his really stupid plan to help Misaki)
Plus, in the manga he uses drugs so it makes more sense.
You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!
Jan 7, 2013 12:43 PM
Jan 2013
Great anime, loved it. It's kind of funny how he admits that nothing has really changed at the end. He is still living his live without a real purpose or goal. He tried to find that purpose in multiple things, like hentai and games, but in the end he's just back to the start, nothing to look forward to. The only difference is that he is spending a part of his day working, going out of his room.
Maybe things will get better after that last contract.

NHK is (the way I see it) the society/world we live in. Both Hitomi and Satou blame every bad thing on it, running away from responsibility. So the only way to actually "defeat" it is to break apart from it aka suiciding, that's what he wanted to do at the end. He reached a critical point saying "she will die anyway". Though it's kind of a dumb thing to do.. I guess he wanted to let Misaki feel better or something like that. I agree with him acting dumb lots of times, but you have to remember that he stayed in his house, only going out once a week for almost 4 years, before he met Misaki. The only thing I don't understand is why he and Misaki suddenly broke apart after that whole dating-thing. I understand that he liked Hitomi as well but it just doesn't make any real sense. Especially when he gets back after the island..

The furniture is just a way of visualizing his thoughts. It's a part of him that's blaming everything on the world around him, aka the NHK.
Maybe he doesn't only smoke normal cigarettes though..

I will definitely re-watch it sometime.

10/10 from me.
aeiosJan 7, 2013 1:10 PM
Jan 16, 2013 12:50 AM
Jul 2011
skapuppet said:
Welcome to the NHK will forever hold a special place in my heart. IMO this show is a pure masterpiece. Now though, when I look at most of the forum discussion of the ending, I'm like, "WTF??? What's wrong with these people!". Obviously, you guys watched this entire series and you did not grasp the true essence of this show. People complaining and critisizing and crap about how this was a poor ending because of stuff like "They didn't kiss!" and "it just ended". HELLO AND WAKE UP LIFE'S NOT ALWAYS RAINBOWS AND BUTTERFLY KISSES (like what one user said before). If you haven't noticed this series is presented in a realistic manner. That's one of the reasons why I love it. This show is like LIFE. Sometimes growth is a gradual process, Satou even said so himself he is gradually getting by and just because Satou and Misaki didnt have a hot kiss scene in the end, doesn't mean they are not together in the end, because it is pretty damn obvious they are together in the end, and they'll just slowly take their relationship forward one step at a time. But I guess most people need to see a kiss in order to realize they are together. Im one of those guys who strongly believes a good story is not a good story unless it has a good ending. Everything else can be good, but if doesn't end just as well or better, then it completely ruins it. And Welcome to the NHK, definitely had a damn good ending.

bloody Oath. kunts need to expand their horizons
Feb 4, 2013 12:35 PM

Jul 2012
Really good ending. But looking at the posts people missed the point.

It was good that it was an open ending, because what this anime, this episode alone is trying to say is that Life is always going to be hard, just because we choose to live instead of die, doesn't mean everything is all good. We will go through struggle and go through high and lows when we live, nothing is ever perfect, but we choose to get back up.
Feb 13, 2013 3:53 PM
Jan 2013
the ending was like... a trash.
5/5 for all the story, and 2/5 for the trash ending.

Is that so hard to put a fucking kiss at the end?!?
Feb 15, 2013 12:55 AM
May 2012
I think this anime is really 50/50... i give it a 3/5 mainly because it was nice to watch but it was saddening cause it reminded me of myself and because Saitos an Idiot ... He really shuldve just got with Misaki... they Obviously love one another they need one another , instead of being a dumbass... Anyways it was Enjoyable to watch in the beginning but towards the end it was really hard to watch... i forced myself to watch the last 2 episodes... i just wish there were more development between the 2... Anyways ... THey did a good job trying to make their point across and this is one of those slice of life type Genres... wish they gave saito a happy ending stead of leaving him in the dark.. like maybe go back to school and actually finish, find a better job and move on in life...
Feb 23, 2013 7:13 AM

Feb 2012
Agree with everyone! Where the heck is that kiss?! I was waiting for that hint of romance in the end, but sad to say, my expectations weren't met. Oh well..

The show was quite satisfying. It portrayed that slice of life that people (shut-ins) experience everyday. It didn't have that much of an anime (fictional) feel but a realistic one, which numerous of viewers can relate to. I guess that's why they didn't put the kiss or the romantic essence to it in the latter part because it would partly shatter the actuality of a shut-in's life. Its a gradual rehabilitation process and can't be fixed in an instant. However, if they just inserted a flash forward or foreshadow the events of the two's lives, then possibly you'd get the kiss and that "happy-ending" everyone was hoping for.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 1, 2013 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
Well this was Shit.
6/10.
Mar 2, 2013 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
Vurtox said:
I would have loved to seem them further exploring the psychologically coherent and smart approach of two psychically wounded people healing each other through social interaction and an affectionate relationship. However, they completely dropped the idea somewhere in the middle of the series.
Instead we got to see other crazy people and their problems while Misaki turned slowly into a side character. Satou who was head over heels suddenly treated her indifferent and in the last few episodes (espeically on new years eve) behaved like a total prick. At the end they didn't go anywhere with the two and it seemed like we got stuck with the your typical frustrating anime situation where the status quo remains and anything even slightly romantic would cause death from nosebleed.
Very dissatisfying.

Yea this^
Mar 11, 2013 7:40 AM

Dec 2012
They should make a special of the meetup in 10 years, that would be cool.
Never forget! Don't believe in you who believes in me, don't believe in me who believes in you, believe in you...who believes in yourself!
Mar 16, 2013 7:43 AM

Nov 2011
Even though I never commented in any of the discussion threads for this series because I was breezing through them, I always thought it was funny that during the shows most crucial moments no one thinks of calling the character on their cellphone to find them when they're lost or away. There's plenty of examples like when Misaki lost Saitou at the new years festival or when Saitou went to suicide island, no one called him or even mentioned calling him and so on. It just annoys me that how simple some things could be solved with the use of a cell phone but this show just goes through the dramatic route just to add drama. Other than that I have no squabbles with this show, I found it incredibly profound, true and relevant to my life. 9/10 possibly 10/10.
Mar 27, 2013 9:42 PM

Feb 2013
He probably did not call her cellphone because it was noted that she was found unconscious in the shower, and then taken to the hospital. I think that the combination of comedy and tragedy was what makes this show unique and popular like Angel Beats and Clannad. As with all anime, you can't please everyone but this anime definitely stands out from the sea of slice of life out there. I personally liked the dark problems and open ending. 8/10
Apr 4, 2013 11:55 PM

Jul 2012
DarkBlue said:
RoadLord said:
The ending was kinda disappointing because Satou and Misaki aren't together (they don't say so anyway).

Exacly, why are almost all animé endings like this!? It's so frustrating! It's not like the creators will die from drawing a little more happieness! Or maybe the storywriters are like Satou and think it's to embarassing to write about things like them kissing or something.

When I watch animé I do it because I want to escape the depressing reallity, so make more happier endings damn it!!!

Otherwise this series was great! :P

Damn straight I confused the anime ep length so I felt there would be a little extra detail for the end until i went on the site and found out it was 24 instead of 25. So fk yeah for extended insight endings, too bad this show didn't have it. Still damn good show.

One other thing BEST EPISODEs was not this but I really enjoyed the eps with Hitomi. Loved the relationship between Hitomi and Satou.LOL at his thoughts,it fooled me twice. I was like you gon regret itttt..ALSO YES to Satou not knowing how to deal with situations that made me twitch like when I though he would do something about his Senpai committing suicide and also when Misaki flinches and cries to what I was HOPING HIM NOT TO BE RAISING A FIST AT MY MISAKING which made me get disheartened at his character for cracking a girl in the head for what? There was also the New Years failure at cheering Misaki up and all the other times he would just watch.
kUshPandA_ENJOiApr 5, 2013 2:24 PM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Apr 5, 2013 9:27 PM

Mar 2013
i love the anime, i love Misaki.. but..

WHERE'S THE GODDAMN KISS???
Apr 13, 2013 5:08 AM

Aug 2012
kobato512 said:
i love the anime, i love Misaki.. but..

WHERE'S THE GODDAMN KISS???

This!!!

but still I enjoyed the series so much :D although I'm not really satisfied >.<
Apr 25, 2013 2:24 PM

Jul 2012
Totally different than manga. I loved anime, it got better pacing. But i missed few more depressing motives that manga had. Overall great anime and cool story.
May 1, 2013 6:05 PM

Jan 2013
I really loved this anime! It made me cry at times because I could relate a lot to some of the characters and I understood how they felt.. and tbh this anime changed my life.. and taught me things that I probably would have never learned in real life.. now I feel more motivated to make a better future for myself and try my best.. before the N.H.K turns me into a hikikomori.. lol.. although it would be nice if a girl like Misaki would cure me from my hikikomori disease.. but that probably won't happen.. xD
May 11, 2013 5:55 PM
Oct 2009
It was foul how that nigga mad at mizaki cuz she wouldn't tell him about herself. Turns out her mom kicked her own bucket in front of her and she been abuse. Thats why she ain't talk about herself
May 11, 2013 5:57 PM
Oct 2009
I also was rollin when that nigga made mizaki beg him not to punch her in the mouthbut he acted like he was gon do it any way three times
Jun 14, 2013 12:21 AM
Jun 2013
It seems that a lot of people didn't understand the ending or were unsatisfied with it, and among those that fell in love with this series, I have to say there is much more than just what is presented.

A few thoughts before I give my interpretation:

the Promonotory scene is shown in both the first and last episode, while this may not bode significance initially, it hints at an ending that wraps to the beginning (sort of like Memento).

Sato is seen running towards the ridge in both these scenes, towards the... Whatever you will, at the beginning I'd call it the conspiracy giant, and at the end it's a God (more portrayed towards Misaki), the significance I saw in this one was the parallel, after spending 20 minutes x 24 episodes in, one would think that the protagonist would learn something (I hope so...)

One thing that struck me was (I believe in episode 23) for new years when Sato meets Hitomi and a very sensual scene involving them at a hotel occurs, Quite possibly almost happened even though it was only in his head, I'm not 100% sure obviously but based on the actions Hitomi took (wrapping her arms around him) and being under the influence, it might just have happened if Sato didn't see it coming (and therefore preventing it by rejecting Hitomi's coming onto him like he usually does)

Forgive me for jumping around like this, I've just finished the anime and finding it hit so close to home, it leaves me breathless on the beauty of the approach taken.

My interpretation of the ending: Misaki and Sato confront on the promonotory, to which Sato tries to utter whatever he can to try to save Misaki, which falls on deaf ears knowing that he doesn't mean it. I take this stance because it's obvious how he shifts stances from her uncle to saying he loves her (which is quite frankly desperation, but who can blame someone like him?), Misaki fully well knows that she's worthless to the world and in the end, she was looking for someone to justify her existence. We saw how things went down when she made a secondary contract, basically showing him her feelings. Anyways, Sato saves her from the edge, to which he begins to fall into his conspiracy rant, and is where things get particularly interesting.

Sato's words, if anything, were filled with hope, saying things about how the bad things happening to her are because of the people around her, he eventually shifts his stance to saying the NHK are behind it, and then the NHK could even be god to her. Now, I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe the reason he chooses to fall into his deranged fantasy against the "God" that appears, and attempts suicide for Misaki is because he was proving to her that he was worse than her (in terms of being useless, garbage, etc.) and throwing himself off to protect her was all he could do to keep her from another suicide attempt.

He realizes his heroic efforts lead to nowhere when he finds himself on the "construction", and both characters fall into a breakdown (sounds familiar? It's happened on Episode 13), and if nothing else, we see how fragile both characters have become. With some assistance, Misaki drags Sato back inland, and expresses her hearts content. At this point, I'll say that while their relationship is mostly platonic, both practically love one another at this point (at least that's what I like to think, after seeing them rest in Misaki's old house, which also holds significance in that she reveals her childhood to him, which hasn't been disclosed to him directly EVER by her except by ambiguous imaging when she describes her home town.)

The last contract, if anything, gives us our happy ending and part of the moral ending. They rely on one another to survive, which may seem contrived, but in a sense, has a deeper sense. EVERYONE requires this, whether it is the richest man on Earth, or the farmer, both are involved with a symbiotic relationship in some way. The contract exists to ensure that when the hard times do come around again, that the other person will always be there. To which, I think it is easy to argue why I know hard times will come again. Hitomi's last few words to Sato were practically speaking it. We really don't know if she was happy or not on New Years (More than likely not seeing how drunk she got, but it can also be argued that she was now married and now her life had more meaning than pre "off-ending".

The last words spoken: Welcome to the NHK. Do we really ever figure out what the NHK is? Of course not, because it's contrived from the protagonist's head. Sato's means of justifying his flaws and odd situations were the NHK conspiracy. That's why at the end, he told Misaki she could blame her unfortunate events to the NHK, or God if she wants to. The whole ordeal of this anime revolved around "how to get back up when you fall down". The pyramid scheme provided a pretty good depiction of that, along with Yamazaki's moving away and Sato's parents funding him less and less over time. It's quite funny, seeing how we can attribute Sato's life being saved by Misaki throughout the whole series, and at the very end, Misaki is saved in one fell swoop by Sato. If anything, his character made bounds of progression from his original hopeless state. NHK is nothing more than his way of dealing with life, what changed was his reactions when he blamed the NHK. In the beginning, there was no need to do anything, his lifestyle was supported by his parents, by the end he was dealing with the problems.

Like I said before, this anime has hit home for me. I've sat on my computer playing countless hours of games, seeing friends come and go, it almost chills me to the bone. Watching Sato interact with others was believable, sometimes I screamed at the computer, telling him how stupid he is, only to be reminded of his hikikomori state. In order to enjoy this anime, I feel that placing yourself in Sato's shoes (along with Misaki's) will lead you to enjoy and understand the anime much better. There is simply too much to explain, but the ending really did play itself out quite nicely.

Welcome to the NHK. Or in other words, life is what you make of it.
Jun 15, 2013 3:08 AM

Oct 2010
Novaeangliae said:
It seems that a lot of people didn't understand the ending or were unsatisfied with it, and among those that fell in love with this series, I have to say there is much more than just what is presented.

A few thoughts before I give my interpretation:

the Promonotory scene is shown in both the first and last episode, while this may not bode significance initially, it hints at an ending that wraps to the beginning (sort of like Memento).

Sato is seen running towards the ridge in both these scenes, towards the... Whatever you will, at the beginning I'd call it the conspiracy giant, and at the end it's a God (more portrayed towards Misaki), the significance I saw in this one was the parallel, after spending 20 minutes x 24 episodes in, one would think that the protagonist would learn something (I hope so...)

One thing that struck me was (I believe in episode 23) for new years when Sato meets Hitomi and a very sensual scene involving them at a hotel occurs, Quite possibly almost happened even though it was only in his head, I'm not 100% sure obviously but based on the actions Hitomi took (wrapping her arms around him) and being under the influence, it might just have happened if Sato didn't see it coming (and therefore preventing it by rejecting Hitomi's coming onto him like he usually does)

Forgive me for jumping around like this, I've just finished the anime and finding it hit so close to home, it leaves me breathless on the beauty of the approach taken.

My interpretation of the ending: Misaki and Sato confront on the promonotory, to which Sato tries to utter whatever he can to try to save Misaki, which falls on deaf ears knowing that he doesn't mean it. I take this stance because it's obvious how he shifts stances from her uncle to saying he loves her (which is quite frankly desperation, but who can blame someone like him?), Misaki fully well knows that she's worthless to the world and in the end, she was looking for someone to justify her existence. We saw how things went down when she made a secondary contract, basically showing him her feelings. Anyways, Sato saves her from the edge, to which he begins to fall into his conspiracy rant, and is where things get particularly interesting.

Sato's words, if anything, were filled with hope, saying things about how the bad things happening to her are because of the people around her, he eventually shifts his stance to saying the NHK are behind it, and then the NHK could even be god to her. Now, I'm going out on a limb here, but I believe the reason he chooses to fall into his deranged fantasy against the "God" that appears, and attempts suicide for Misaki is because he was proving to her that he was worse than her (in terms of being useless, garbage, etc.) and throwing himself off to protect her was all he could do to keep her from another suicide attempt.

He realizes his heroic efforts lead to nowhere when he finds himself on the "construction", and both characters fall into a breakdown (sounds familiar? It's happened on Episode 13), and if nothing else, we see how fragile both characters have become. With some assistance, Misaki drags Sato back inland, and expresses her hearts content. At this point, I'll say that while their relationship is mostly platonic, both practically love one another at this point (at least that's what I like to think, after seeing them rest in Misaki's old house, which also holds significance in that she reveals her childhood to him, which hasn't been disclosed to him directly EVER by her except by ambiguous imaging when she describes her home town.)

The last contract, if anything, gives us our happy ending and part of the moral ending. They rely on one another to survive, which may seem contrived, but in a sense, has a deeper sense. EVERYONE requires this, whether it is the richest man on Earth, or the farmer, both are involved with a symbiotic relationship in some way. The contract exists to ensure that when the hard times do come around again, that the other person will always be there. To which, I think it is easy to argue why I know hard times will come again. Hitomi's last few words to Sato were practically speaking it. We really don't know if she was happy or not on New Years (More than likely not seeing how drunk she got, but it can also be argued that she was now married and now her life had more meaning than pre "off-ending".

The last words spoken: Welcome to the NHK. Do we really ever figure out what the NHK is? Of course not, because it's contrived from the protagonist's head. Sato's means of justifying his flaws and odd situations were the NHK conspiracy. That's why at the end, he told Misaki she could blame her unfortunate events to the NHK, or God if she wants to. The whole ordeal of this anime revolved around "how to get back up when you fall down". The pyramid scheme provided a pretty good depiction of that, along with Yamazaki's moving away and Sato's parents funding him less and less over time. It's quite funny, seeing how we can attribute Sato's life being saved by Misaki throughout the whole series, and at the very end, Misaki is saved in one fell swoop by Sato. If anything, his character made bounds of progression from his original hopeless state. NHK is nothing more than his way of dealing with life, what changed was his reactions when he blamed the NHK. In the beginning, there was no need to do anything, his lifestyle was supported by his parents, by the end he was dealing with the problems.

Like I said before, this anime has hit home for me. I've sat on my computer playing countless hours of games, seeing friends come and go, it almost chills me to the bone. Watching Sato interact with others was believable, sometimes I screamed at the computer, telling him how stupid he is, only to be reminded of his hikikomori state. In order to enjoy this anime, I feel that placing yourself in Sato's shoes (along with Misaki's) will lead you to enjoy and understand the anime much better. There is simply too much to explain, but the ending really did play itself out quite nicely.

No matter how hard I try, there is no possible better way to explain what this show and this ending meant to me.
Jun 15, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2012
hmm~~~ that moment when seeing misaki is sitting beside sato.. is kind of happy.. seriously.. :)
from the beginning until middle it all are fine and good :3
especially when misaki almost fall and then sato help her.. :3 damn I'm almost cry..
and when sato was trying to suicide but fail.. then misaki is cry.. damn :'(

btw finally it is end.. :/ well actually the ending is not happy and not sad either,, it is just good.. :/ not really make me satisfied because they are became NHK lol XD *just kidding..
why they are not just having more deeper relationship? :/
Jun 16, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
Perfect ending for the show. Forcing or adding a kiss would have thrown everything built here to garbage. Their relationship up till now traduced in a kiss? No thanks.
Just 1 thing annoyed me, the suicide attempts were kinda over-the-top. But i am okay to let pass.
Jul 11, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2012
Novaeangliae said:

From top to bottom, very well written!

I really liked this anime. Every aspect was just as it should have been. For someone, the ending might seem bad, but it's actually the most appropriate one. Yes we didn't get the kiss scene or love confession out loud, but there was something else with that same spark just in a different way.
Jul 15, 2013 7:24 PM

Sep 2008
Things got less interesting the moment Yamazaki left :( (Shimpachi, wut xD)
loved loved loved the ED song.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 25, 2013 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
I finished this series in less than a week and then rewatched it in another 3 days. I don't know if there's a character I've identified with more than Sato, and I honestly see pieces of myself in each of the main characters, so this series really spoke personally to me. For that, I say NHK was an outstanding anime! It really delve into the heartache of being alive in the real world, of finding reasons for all the bad that happens, and the hopes of finding something better through activities and friendships.

The last episode was very powerful and I was completely involved right up to the point before Sato imagines the final Boss and runs off the cliff. I couldn't understand the rationale for it. It felt out of place. As for Sato-Misaki relationship, the series deviated from it mid season, so I think a kiss at the end might have been out of place, despite how many of us, including myself really would like to have seen it! Nevertheless, a little hand-holding and genuine smiles at the end wouldn't have hurt.

As for the gal game, I picture Yama and Sato collaborating on another project after getting feedback from the 5 people who bought the original game. Maybe they never make it big, but it becomes a fun project to make a little cash on the side, and it is a strong bond between them.

All in all, excellent series, original, comical, deep and emotional, and one of my personal favorites so far. 8.5/10

Welcome to the N.H.K.!
Jul 28, 2013 6:48 AM
May 2012
Ahh.. It has been a good experience.

I'll probably won't live as a hikikomori in the near future because of this anime thanks :)

This kind of anime is really something. I can learn many things from it.

I'll never forget you.

You almost made it to my favorites.
Jul 29, 2013 6:34 AM
Jun 2013
I liked the ending, a relationship wouldn't have been healthy since they needed each other for their psychological issues. Sato is very clever in understanding this at a certain point of the series; if he fell in love with Misato even more, he would have been a finished man after their relationship ended
The ending shows how you don't need a relationship with a cute girl who is willing to help you; all you need is the force of will to get out and do what you must do.

as i read on a youtube comment, the 1% of the conspiracies are real: they are the ones which you plot against yourself
Aug 7, 2013 11:39 AM

May 2013
It really annoys me how people don't like the ending because it wasn't all happy and they didn't kiss or anything. To be honest, I think that type of ending would be completely out of place in the story and that it would go against the whole dark with a little hope tone.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Aug 8, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2013
Strong anime/10.
Srs. I loved this!
Aug 10, 2013 8:00 AM

Apr 2012
Honestly, no idea why this is so popular.
So much open strings, wasted opportunities and kinda overly satirical to an extent that it felt hilarously stupid at times. Awful end as well.
Although it had some decent moments to keep me going but that's it.
4/10.
Aug 15, 2013 1:49 AM

Mar 2013
nantuko said:
Honestly, no idea why this is so popular.
So much open strings, wasted opportunities and kinda overly satirical to an extent that it felt hilarously stupid at times. Awful end as well.
Although it had some decent moments to keep me going but that's it.
4/10.

Should try reading the manga or the novel then. I thought the same thing with the anime a little bit, felt a little open ended, not as well done as I expected it to be, not feeling satisfied, but then I read the manga and the novel and it was done alot better and goes in detail further then the anime.
Aug 17, 2013 8:05 PM

Nov 2012
Baku219 said:
It really annoys me how people don't like the ending because it wasn't all happy and they didn't kiss or anything. To be honest, I think that type of ending would be completely out of place in the story and that it would go against the whole dark with a little hope tone.

I thought the ending was as happy as it could get. I mean Yamasaki has girlfriend, and plans to marry. The sempai Hitomi, which I never liked, is married, has a child and it seems they are rich (Although, the way she and her husband are, I see a potential NTR in their future).
FInally, Misaki and Tatsuhiro are together, starting anew, and it looks like their relationship will develop in the future. Kiss was not really missing, it would have been nice it they have kissed once, but it wasn't necesary to show how deep is their relationship.
Aug 18, 2013 5:23 AM
Feb 2013
Mah, I expected a better end...
Anyway, the serie was really good except Satou-Misaki relation...

9/10
Aug 21, 2013 7:51 PM
Jul 2013
no comment. i still think sato is an idiot
Aug 31, 2013 6:14 PM

Dec 2012
Vurtox said:
I would have loved to seem them further exploring the psychologically coherent and smart approach of two psychically wounded people healing each other through social interaction and an affectionate relationship. However, they completely dropped the idea somewhere in the middle of the series.
Instead we got to see other crazy people and their problems while Misaki turned slowly into a side character. Satou who was head over heels suddenly treated her indifferent and in the last few episodes (espeically on new years eve) behaved like a total prick. At the end they didn't go anywhere with the two and it seemed like we got stuck with the your typical frustrating anime situation where the status quo remains and anything even slightly romantic would cause death from nosebleed.
Very dissatisfying.

This sums up all of the negative aspects of this series for me as well. I don't like how the romance between Misaki and Sato came to a complete halt and Misaki was thrown to the side for like 10 episodes. I would have much preferred seeing a solid second half focused around Misaki and Sato and their awkward romance over the mishaps of other strange people.

Rant aside, that's not to say I didn't like the second half. I found this series rather enjoyable. I think an important message to take away from this is that life won't always go in the direction you want or expect it to. Another one is how valuable life really is. Although I felt the suicide attempts were a little over done, it really did send a powerful message on my thoughts regarding suicide and the value of life.

I personally connected to this series to a degree and its left a good impression. Overall I enjoyed it, so I'll give it 8/10. It is very good but I feel like too many things prevented it from going any higher.
Sep 19, 2013 1:35 AM

Oct 2009
Vurtox said:
Very dissatisfying.

This pretty much exactly sums up my feelings on the show.
Sato and Misaki were definitely developing an odd romance the first half of the show. She kept popping into his head while he was working on the game, and they had a romantic date at the fireworks which nearly ended in a kiss.

Then suddenly, Sato stopped caring and Misaki became a minor character while the show's focus shifted to random subplots revolving around other people's problems.

The reason why so many were dissapointed with the lack of romance at the end was because of the fact that we were teased with it at the beginning and it never went anywhere.

Overall I enjoyed the show but I think it had a lot of missed potential.

Edit: I didn't notice the person above me had just quoted the same 4 year old post. That's an odd coincidence if I've ever seen one.
thehamburgermanJun 8, 2015 11:54 PM
Sep 22, 2013 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Goodness, my heart froze when she fell over the fence and you saw the splash. And then her slapping him on the head heart-wrenchingly cute.

I.. don't really get one thing. So Sato thought killing himself would make Misaki live on happily? But he's gone crazy before, so whatever.

Man, what a weird ending. Weird in a good way. It doesn't really give me closure, but it doesn't make me feel bad, either.

I really enjoyed this show!
Sep 23, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2013
Did they not end up toguether?

He always treated her bad like he didnt even care... When she was the only
one who cared about him...
They didnt even kiss....
Oct 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2013
First I'll talk about the ending and then the series as a whole. I didn't like how they only saved 2 episodes for Misaki's past. We knew that something happened in her past but weren't exactly sure what. If we had prior knowledge, I think it would have sank in better on why she wanted to kill herself. She obviously feels alone since Satou didn't accept her new contract and feels guilty about her past. The scenes during the suicide felt off but I think that's ok since we can't really expect Satou to somehow know what to say or do in a situation like that. Him trying to kill himself again shows how he just goes with the flow and accepts the situation as something he must do (like the suicide and marketing scheme arcs).

The scenes when they return to "normal life" are what made the ending. It wasn't that everything was fixed and he got the girl. He's slowly becoming accustomed to daily life and uses his method of dealing with bad things by blaming it on the N.H.K. This has even helped Misaki deal with her past and situation. I like how they showed his friends having good things happen to them. After all, they were kind of like Satou (in reference to Yamazaki and his senpai). Their situations did change faster than his but it shows how everyone at some point has to grow up and can't live too cynically.

Very good and more importantly unique series that hit home with me. OST was pretty good and although the animation was lackluster, the story more than made up for it. I'm glad the novel is published in English. I'm gonna order a copy and read it once I get through my gigantic reading list.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 22, 2013 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
I just finished it, one of (if not the) best anime I have ever seen. I like how they went with the, there is no real ending kind of thing. I never though that misaki would go so far as to kill herself, or that he would either...but still loved it.
Oct 26, 2013 8:06 AM
Oct 2012
i thought this was too depressing and maybee too realalistic for an anme not my favorite but it was p.k. no conspires here though.
Nov 8, 2013 4:26 PM

Sep 2009
Tatsuhiro-san is a nut. That is my view of him. I give him props for trying though even if he is a bum and lazy. His senpai is an attention whore IMO. Didn't really like any character besides Yamazaki-san. At least I liked this better than C;H. 7/10

Nov 14, 2013 7:17 AM
Jul 2009
To be honest, I'm quite okay with the fact that Misaki got sidelined towards the end of the series. It's probably the stimulus that got her to become more and more desperate because her 'project' wasn't working out, and contract she imposes on Satou was probably THE most poignant moment of the series for me. Everything about it just says volumes, from how she tries to hide behind the formality of 'Subject A' and 'Subject B' and haphazardly jumps between clauses and explanations and the increase of the fine from 1 million to 10 million yen... Misaki is just realising that you can't always successfully charm someone by being a nice person and taking care of them.

EDIT: So, I decided to write a oneshot on my personal problem with the ending of the anime - that it doesn't provide Satou and Misaki a framework in which they can love each other properly. In this sense, my oneshot follows the style of the manga more - without the disillusionment in trying to make Misaki as sensationalistically screwed up as possible.

Check it out! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9846091/1/Breaking-the-Contract
DevilryNov 14, 2013 9:29 PM
Pages (13) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

166 by Alchxmyy »»
Jun 5, 8:14 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

130 by Karva1 »»
Jun 4, 3:31 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

123 by puffle9000 »»
Jun 2, 10:52 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

316 by puffle9000 »»
Jun 2, 10:37 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

kie_ - Sep 5, 2008

181 by mtfunky »»
Jun 2, 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.