Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2012 8:03 AM

Nov 2008
It doesn't matter which part of the Fate franchise you're in.

If your Servant class is Lancer, your life will suck and be very short.

At any rate, amazing episode, as if I expected anything less. A particularly high body count for a single episode, especially for this series. I can tell shit is very well on its way to getting realer than it has ever been at any previous point.

Can it be next Sunday now?
Apr 22, 2012 8:14 AM

Jul 2011
Lancer. A person misjudged and misunderstood by his sovereigns. I kind of hoped that Kiristsugu have waited before doing what he did, at least let their the fight between Saber and Lancer end. How can he have so little faith in Saber's skills? Looks like he has some trust issues as i believe no one knows all the details of his plots. That's kind of sad although doesn't make him more sympathetic in my eyes. I just wish Lancer's death been more chivalrous.

I understand the importance of argument between Saber and Kiritsugu and the need/belief that Japanese harbour so strongly about ending all wars but my own sympathies and ideals are closer to Sabers. I know that pretty ideals just serve to kinda justify fighting, killing and some useless death but the heroic ideal is very strong in my country as well as in my heart.

Although part of me is just awed by Kiritsugu and his effectiveness when it comes to striving to achieve his goals. He's an all out, ruthless achieve-my-goals-by-all-means bastard and I kind of respect him for that, as I can see, that it costs him a lot to be that way.

I never liked Kayneth or Sola, they honestly creeped me out more than Ryuunosuke and Caster duo. I was somewhat disgusted from the very beginning because of how they treated Lancer. The Keyneth's attitude towards him in this ep was kind of a last drop. However on the other hand this was also the first time when I saw some human like emotions in him, I didn't think he would be able to throw away everything he stood for and strived for for a woman. It was a pleasant surprise although it didn't do them both any good. I hoped he would use his last command spell to make Lancer strike in some kind of suicidal attack, but didn;t have the balls and prefered to believe whatever shred of hope Kiritsugu fed him.
Apr 22, 2012 8:22 AM

Aug 2010
tembikai said:
Subby said:
It's interesting how people feel knee-jerk hate to different characters each episode without knowing their back story. I bet Kirei will be the next hated character after next week's episode.

definitely!

Well that proves that Kiritisugu and Kotomine are round characters. It's not simple to understand characters like these, which is what makes them so great.
Apr 22, 2012 8:47 AM

Jun 2010
Poor Lancer. He was one of the most likeable characters in the whole show. Also I liked how Saber faced Kiritsugu.
Apr 22, 2012 9:04 AM

Dec 2011
So this is what they get for having E rank luck? Ah, those Irish really have a harsh life, both Cu Chulainn and Diarmuid Ua Duibhne
Apr 22, 2012 9:45 AM

Apr 2009
die Kiritsugu!
Apr 22, 2012 9:56 AM

May 2008
wow just wow the way Kiritsugu killed Lancer, Kayneth and Sola wonder who will die next!
Apr 22, 2012 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
You shall not be disappoint!
Apr 22, 2012 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
Excellent episode.

I felt really bad for Lancer, but it's not like their team could've expected a good end with their messed-up love triangle going on. It's way too easy to take advantage of something like that, and that was exactly what Kiritsugu did.

This is getting a lot more interesting with the evolving dynamics between Kiritsugu, Saber, and Irisviel. Kiritsugu and Saber haven't yet been directly acting against each other, but it's bound to happen soon...
Apr 22, 2012 10:59 AM
Sep 2009
akutasame94 said:
Subby said:
It's interesting how people feel knee-jerk hate to different characters each episode without knowing their back story. I bet Kirei will be the next hated character after next week's episode.

I pretty much loved every character, but whatever reason Emiya had it's not ok to kill not only Lancer (it's his fault) but Kayneth too, after promising freedom...

That moment when you feel happy and suddenly realize it's trick...

Come on...

Yeah, killing a master who definitely willing to kill the referee and supervisor in order to gain advantage in the war is really a bad idea /sarcasm.

Kayneth showed he was a threat if left alive. He could go on and obtain a new command spell (Kiritsugu does not know that Risei is shot death) and prolong the war that could cause more casualty and collateral damage. Killing him with his servant was the most efficient method he could have done.
Apr 22, 2012 11:15 AM
Feb 2012
Veldril said:
akutasame94 said:
Subby said:

I pretty much loved every character, but whatever reason Emiya had it's not ok to kill not only Lancer (it's his fault) but Kayneth too, after promising freedom...

Come on...

Yeah, killing a master who definitely willing to kill the referee and supervisor in order to gain advantage in the war is really a bad idea /sarcasm.

Kayneth showed he was a threat if left alive. He could go on and obtain a new command spell (Kiritsugu does not know that Risei is shot death) and prolong the war that could cause more casualty and collateral damage. Killing him with his servant was the most efficient method he could have done.

Agreed. It was cold-hearted as hell, but still well played imho...
Apr 22, 2012 11:21 AM

Nov 2010
This episode was insanely amazing. For me it was by far the best of the 2nd season so far. FZ hadn't had an episode as good as this since the 3 or so first episodes of the 1st season.

Made me change the 8 into a 9, well done. Kiritsugu all of a sudden became one of my favorite characters. So smart, so evil, so cool.
Apr 22, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2011
PTG said:
Veldril said:
akutasame94 said:
Subby said:

Come on...

Agreed. It was cold-hearted as hell, but still well played imho...

I never said Kayneth death was a bad thing (in anime, death is bad irl) but so cold-hearted.... Still it is well played, one of the reasons I love this anime...
Apr 22, 2012 11:39 AM

May 2011

Diarmuid Ua Duibhne.
Apr 22, 2012 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Totentanz said:
In regard to the issue of honour I think it can be safely said that Saber and Kiritsugu represent two different approaches how to bring salvation to humanity. While Saber got criticized a lot for her idealistic views by participants of the war and audience alike, this episode's events most likely casted a cloud about Kiritsugu, who was commended for his pragmatic measures previously, as the cruelty of his ways in order to achieve his goals is directly shown to the viewer this time.

Even though it seems like the intention of the writer is to deprive values like honour of its worth, the exact opposite way of thinking depicted by Kiritsugu gets second-guessed as well. While noble and honorable behaviour gets called illusionary and foolish (I think it goes without saying that most of the viewers share this attitude as most agreed with Rider and were annoyed by Saber's and Lancer's persistence to follow honorable ideals during their fights) one has to wonder if it's really commendable to live in a world where ruthlessness and cold pragmatics prevail (though I suppose this is the case in many places).

That dialogue was my favorite part of the episode and the truth is that both have an argument. Although Rider's argument was completely different than Kiritsugu. He was arguing how a king should act, Kiritsugu argued something completely different.
Apr 22, 2012 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
Everything happened so goddamn fast I didn't think I was watching Fate/Zero.
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Apr 22, 2012 12:14 PM

Jan 2011
That was so fast paced, I love it.
Awesome fight with a surprising ending.
Looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 22, 2012 12:35 PM

Nov 2010
The dirty stuff flows to the surface
Emiya trolls all
Apr 22, 2012 1:27 PM
Apr 2011
Could somebody explain to me what happened between kirei and kariya?
what was he saying to himself? it just didn't make sense to me.

Also, why did Kayneth sacrifice his servant for his fiance?
didn't she torture him and steal his command spells just 4 episodes ago?

As always, please keep spoilers out, I already know what will happen to lancer in F/SN
sigh.
Apr 22, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
CrazyFool said:
Could somebody explain to me what happened between kirei and kariya?
what was he saying to himself? it just didn't make sense to me.

Also, why did Kayneth sacrifice his servant for his fiance?
didn't she torture him and steal his command spells just 4 episodes ago?

As always, please keep spoilers out, I already know what will happen to lancer in F/SN
sigh.

Kirei is still in conflict with himself. Helping Kariya essentially makes him a traitor, as Kariya is Tokiomi's enemy. Yet he finds joy in Kariya's suffering, and so prolonged Kariya's life, even though that decision goes against all reason. He's struggling with the idea that he finds pleasure in other people's suffering, especially since he was raised in a very religious household.

Basically, Kayneth loved his fiancee, even though she obviously didn't love him back and treated him cruelly. To Kayneth, her life was worth more than winning the Holy Grail. It isn't logical, but hey... he probably had his reasons for feeling so strongly about her.
Apr 22, 2012 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
avalon is only for saber
other heroic spirits go to the throne of heroes
humans...pretty sure their souls get recycled

Avalon isn't an afterlife, it's a land of fairies. Francis Drake of Extra (hinted to be really Queen Elizabeth I which makes sense considering she's nicknamed the eternal faery queen, Gloriana) is also there. So no, not only for Saber anymore. Probably every Britian ruler with mystical connection vacations there.

There are also other places (Cu chulainn's mentor is in a kind of undying limbo somewhere, for instance). Angra Mainyu is Emptiness/Oblivion and exists apparently outside of the Throne, etc.

The rest is accurate.

BloodRequiem said:
he prob wouldnt have shot risei if sola didnt do what she did
having yourself crippled and your finacee taken away can mess alot with your sanity

Kayneth wouldn't have done that? Seriously? I doubt it.

Stop blaming the woman. Kayneth was in no condition to fight that way. Lancer was an idiot for not establishing a contract with Sola. Sola did act out of line with Kayneth, but it did not warrant murder. Kayneth on the other hand, did step over the line. If you want to blame Kayneth's fate unto anyone, that's Kiritsugu who crippled him that way.

Kiritsugu triggered this, Kayneth killed Risei. Something the episode didn't show is that Kirei is pretty confused and was going to ask his father for advice. For the first time in his life, he was looking forward to have a sincere chat to guide him.

What do you think Kirei will do without the man he looked as paragon of virtue to mimic?

ThessApr 22, 2012 2:02 PM
Apr 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
promien said:
Lancer. A person misjudged and misunderstood by his sovereigns. I kind of hoped that Kiristsugu have waited before doing what he did, at least let their the fight between Saber and Lancer end. How can he have so little faith in Saber's skills? Looks like he has some trust issues as i believe no one knows all the details of his plots. That's kind of sad although doesn't make him more sympathetic in my eyes. I just wish Lancer's death been more chivalrous.

I understand the importance of argument between Saber and Kiritsugu and the need/belief that Japanese harbour so strongly about ending all wars but my own sympathies and ideals are closer to Sabers. I know that pretty ideals just serve to kinda justify fighting, killing and some useless death but the heroic ideal is very strong in my country as well as in my heart.

Although part of me is just awed by Kiritsugu and his effectiveness when it comes to striving to achieve his goals. He's an all out, ruthless achieve-my-goals-by-all-means bastard and I kind of respect him for that, as I can see, that it costs him a lot to be that way.

I never liked Kayneth or Sola, they honestly creeped me out more than Ryuunosuke and Caster duo. I was somewhat disgusted from the very beginning because of how they treated Lancer. The Keyneth's attitude towards him in this ep was kind of a last drop. However on the other hand this was also the first time when I saw some human like emotions in him, I didn't think he would be able to throw away everything he stood for and strived for for a woman. It was a pleasant surprise although it didn't do them both any good. I hoped he would use his last command spell to make Lancer strike in some kind of suicidal attack, but didn;t have the balls and prefered to believe whatever shred of hope Kiritsugu fed him.

he cant let the fight end on its own because then when he kills kayneth, his command seal will go back into circulation and spawn a new master
so he has to make kayneth use his command seal, kill lancer, and kill kayneth and this is pretty much the best way
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 22, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2010
-Shuda- said:
Well said, Emiya Kiritsugu.

This is reality, this is war. To forever end the cycle of bloodshed, he will dirty/burden his hands with all the blood and evil in the world and suffer, gladly. THAT is what I call noble, not Saber and Lancer's illusion. Kiritsugu is definitely in my top 5 favourite anime characters of all time and still growing.

This is utter bullcrap in Fate. Saber's entire power rest on ideals of all warriors of all time (including Kiritsugu's). It wasn't Kiritsugu's 'methods' that killed Caster last episode, were they? It was Excalibur. Excalibur isn't a beam, it's the crystallization of the exaltation of glory to all who have fought. What Caster saw in that light was his own past glory as knight he had forgotten.

Kiritsugu's just a man who lost his path. He was butthurt when Saber told him about his dream about being an Ally of Justice because she was right. It's clearer in the novel.

Apr 22, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
Emiya Kiritsugu - a true modern pacifist ("means don't matter when you can get peace", "I am gonna impose peace on everybody"). I hate that way of thinking, but at least he mainly does the job personally and does it good. I don't dislike his methods but the assumption itself.
People fight and often die for their ideals, values and rules.

Poor Lancer ended his existence thinking that Saber and Iri also betrayed him. Kayneth was arogant fool - no pity for him. Sola I think wasn't aware of what the whole war is and what to expect.
Apr 22, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
Thess said:

This is utter bullcrap in Fate. Saber's entire power rest on ideals of all warriors of all time (including Kiritsugu's). It wasn't Kiritsugu's 'methods' that killed Caster last episode, were they? It was Excalibur. Excalibur isn't a beam, it's the crystallization of the exaltation of glory to all who have fought. What Caster saw in that light was his own past glory as knight he had forgotten.

Kiritsugu's just a man who lost his path. He was butthurt when Saber told him about his dream about being an Ally of Justice because she was right. It's clearer in the novel.

I disagree. Both Rider and Kiritsugu made a great point in how destructive Saber's idealism really was.

The Nasuverse has far more in common with our world than with the idealistic world of chivalry that Saber believes in. It certainly didn't do Lancer any favors.
LunarMoonApr 22, 2012 3:38 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Apr 22, 2012 3:35 PM

Feb 2009
WOW first of all... they caught me off guard the way Lancer, Kayneth and his fiancee died... I thought Lancer was gonna get like an honorable death but he didn't, that's what happen when you take shit from everyone. In the end there's no doubt that he's spears and skills where pimp, and way better than the Lancer of Fate Stay/night

Epic episode... Emiya Kiritsugu killed 3 characters like a boss. Seriously Emiya Kiritsugu is becoming more and more badass in each episode, he might take Gilgamesh's spot. I would love to see a conversation between Gilgamesh and Emiya.

Let's see who dies next episode and I hope I don't have to see Rin again.
Apr 22, 2012 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
Zero_sama said:
WOW first of all... they caught me off guard the way Lancer, Kayneth and his fiancee died... I thought Lancer was gonna get like an honorable death but he didn't, that's what happen when you take shit from everyone. In the end there's no doubt that he's spears and skills where pimp, and way better than the Lancer of Fate Stay/night

Epic episode... Emiya Kiritsugu killed 3 characters like a boss. Seriously Emiya Kiritsugu is becoming more and more badass in each episode, he might take Gilgamesh's spot. I would love to see a conversation between Gilgamesh and Emiya.

Let's see who dies next episode and please I hope I don't see Rin again.

no way
cu chulainn was way more awesome than diarmuid
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Apr 22, 2012 3:39 PM

Mar 2012
The two Lancers are basically the same character with minor background and situational differences.
Personally, I like Diarmuid more.
Apr 22, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2011
LunarMoon said:
Thess said:

I dsagree. Both Rider and Kiritsugu made a great point in how destructive Saber's idealism really was.

The Nasuverse has far more in common with our world than with the idealistic world of chivalry that Saber believes in. It certainly didn't do Lancer any favors.

I think your forgetting about Saber having a pretty nice ending in the visual novel

Also Thess i can see your hate for Kiritsugu a mile away and it is making you a little bias lol. Though i like reading your comments about the whole of Fate they are interesting. Though this time i can see really see your hate for Kiritsugu.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 22, 2012 3:47 PM

Apr 2009
Linaeris said:
Kayneth was arogant fool - no pity for him. Sola I think wasn't aware of what the whole war is and what to expect.

Really? I think it's rather easy to sympathize with him.
Sure - he was hardly someone you could call 'a likable person', still - he didn't really do anything you could call cruel or evil before his fight with Kiritsugu.
Then he lost everything - his pride of being a magus and his life's work - all gone with his magic. To top it off, he was tortured and forced to give up what little he had left by his own wife.
I think any person in his situation would snap.
In the end he was still willing to sacrifice his last sliver of hope for a person who didn't even love him back. It's rather touching really.
XayozApr 22, 2012 3:50 PM
Whenever you correct someone's grammar just remember that nobody likes you.
Apr 22, 2012 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
The two Lancers are basically the same character with minor background and situational differences.

cu chulainn is the epitome of a heroic spirit with no worldly constraints while diarmuid on the other hand allows himself to be burdened by the shame in his past life

the anime adaptations really didnt do cu chulainn justice
in terms of awesomeness hes even more GAR than archer
Apr 22, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
Slicer22 said:
LunarMoon said:
Thess said:

I dsagree. Both Rider and Kiritsugu made a great point in how destructive Saber's idealism really was.

I think your forgetting about Saber having a pretty nice ending in the visual novel

Also Thess i can see your hate for Kiritsugu a mile away and it is making you a little bias lol. Though i like reading your comments about the whole of Fate they are interesting. Though this time i can see really see your hate for Kiritsugu.

but that was realta nua
in the original there was no last episode
prob just wrote it to appease the saber fans
i wouldnt call that a happy ending either since
Apr 22, 2012 3:54 PM

Jun 2011
BloodRequiem said:
Slicer22 said:

but that was realta nua

You might be right but i quite liked it was a nice little bonus and i think it was a nice way to wrap up all 3 routes sort of like a secret true ending to the fate route.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Apr 22, 2012 4:21 PM

Feb 2009
BloodRequiem said:
ataraxial said:

cu chulainn is the epitome of a heroic spirit with no worldly constraints while diarmuid on the other hand allows himself to be burdened by the shame in his past life

probably that's why, I have only seen the anime adaptations, never read the novels. Never knew that Cu Chulainn is more GAR than Archer. But still I kinda like more Diarmuid as Lancer, he has a great character design, the 2 spears he wields and what they do are awesome. Cu chulainn in the anime didn't convinced me at all. Let's hope that Ufotable makes a remake of Fate Stay so we can see how badass he really is.
Apr 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Zero_sama said:
=
probably that's why, I have only seen the anime adaptations, never read the novels. Never knew that Cu Chulainn is more GAR than Archer. But still I kinda like more Diarmuid as Lancer, he has a great character design, the 2 spears he wields and what they do are awesome. Cu Chulainn in the anime didn't convinced me at all. Let's hope that Ufotable makes a remake of Fate Stay so we can see how badass he really is.
That's because the anime only covers 1/3 of the story, and characters don't all get to perform at their peak each route. It's not about power levels, its a war where anyone can die at any moment after all, without a chance to demonstrate what they can really do, due to betrayal, traps, underhanded tactics, temporary limitations, ect.

For example,

Anyways, it's indeed highly debatable in terms of actions during the war who was the greater lancer. However, in terms of mythology, Cu Chulainn may be the single most famous Irish hero that kids strive to grow up to be like (Angela's Ashes!), and comparable to Hercules, while unfortunately Diarmuid is not only lesser known, but often only known for being that guy that slept with his lord's wife and then gut gutted by a pig. Some sources like Wikipedia back when Fate/Zero first came out barely had anything on him and don't even bother mentioning any of his esteem as a warrior (he WAS a great one but it's been overshadowed by the whole lovers triangle thing, which is why he is so desperate to try to overcome it here).

I have heard Nasu once actually use them to demonstrate the power of territory. In Nasuverse, if they fight in this this Grail War Diarmuid can win since neither are well known and Diarmuid is portrayed as highly skilled in this series, but if they were fighting in Ireland, Cu Chulainn would almost certainly be the victor, due to how much more he's recognized as the forefront Irish champion.

Anyways, in Unlimited Codes game they meet and Diarmuid is highly honored to meet Cu Chulainn and his win quote is ""It was an unbelievable honour to have a bout with the Prince of Light... I will cherish this memory deeply.""
Apr 22, 2012 4:59 PM

Mar 2012
BloodRequiem said:

I don't see anything wrong with burdening the shames of a previous life, especially when we have Saber running around being Saber.
Although it is true that Studio DEEN's adapatation of FSN was subpar in every way including the portrayal of Lancer.

Moekou said:
Anyways, it's indeed highly debatable in terms of actions during the war who was the greater lancer. However, in terms of mythology, Cu Chulainn may be the single most famous Irish hero that kids strive to grow up to be like (Angela's Ashes!), and comparable to Hercules, while unfortunately Diarmuid is not only lesser known, but often only known for being that guy that slept with his lord's wife and then gut gutted by a pig. Some sources like Wikipedia back when Fate/Zero first came out barely had anything on him and don't even bother mentioning any of his esteem as a warrior (he WAS a great one but it's been overshadowed by the whole lovers triangle thing, which is why he is so desperate to try to overcome it here).

I have heard Nasu once actually use them to demonstrate the power of territory. In Nasuverse, if they fight in this this Grail War Diarmuid can win since neither are well known and Diarmuid is portrayed as highly skilled in this series, but if they were fighting in Ireland, Cu Chulainn would almost certainly be the victor, due to how much more he's recognized as the forefront Irish champion.

Anyways, in Unlimited Codes game they meet and Diarmuid is highly honored to meet Cu Chulainn and his win quote is ""It was an unbelievable honour to have a bout with the Prince of Light... I will cherish this memory deeply.""

That's really interesting to know. I agree that Cu Chulainn is much more well-known and everything, which is a plus for him. As far as what we've seen in the Nasuverse though (i.e. within the Fuyuki City Grail War), Diarmuid still seems a lot more capable and badass. Two spears > one spear.
Apr 22, 2012 5:15 PM

May 2011
Thess said:

I didn't ask for an explanation. I don't read the novel and haven't "officially" completed the VN (though I know the majority of it) so I'm not interested in the spoiler you posted. I'm just following the content that is presented to me in Fate/Zero, referencing the Fate anime route and using my own logic/perspectives to create my own view. Chivalry got Diarmuid where? Saber may be an exception but guess what, she fought her entire life, took lives of countless people and even now she is still fighting with the intent of taking lives but she justifies it with "honour" or "righteousness". What Kiritsugu said made perfect sense. I respect Saber and Lancer's perspective on battle and even share some of their views in rl but Kiritsugu really nailed it right on the dot. Screw this war or the next 10 wars for that matter, even if this generation obtains peace, mankind will destroy it again in the future whether it be 100 or 1000 years. What Kiritsugu wants is no more fighting, no more Holy Grail Wars, ever; a timeless change. Heroic spirits won't even be required in the first place. He wants to create a world where his daughter and future generations can live in without fear. He may be naive in believing this is even possible but the Grail is supposedly omnipotent (in their eyes) and he will do whatever it takes to try. Committing "evil" to accomplish an eternal greater good for humanity and the world is an option for him.
Apr 22, 2012 5:19 PM

Aug 2010
Zero_sama said:

Let's see who dies next episode and I hope I don't have to see Rin again.

Well get used to it. Your definitely going to see Rin again. Don't worry though, since it won't be filler the next time they show her.
Apr 22, 2012 5:39 PM

Apr 2011
I never knew someone could be a dick and a badass at the same time. ^o^
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 22, 2012 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
BossLuffy said:

Was that supposed to be a serious comment?
It sounds like misdirected sarcasm.
Apr 22, 2012 6:03 PM

Sep 2010
BloodRequiem said:
but that was realta nua

No.

@LunarMoon: Her ideals are hardly foolish. What is foolish is her wish to rewrite history. That was what proven wrong. Rider misunderstood that regret was consequence of her ideals, rather it was consequence of her own despairing weakness. Saber realized this in the Fate route (and UBW one that leads to true ending).

Iskandar was fine with her until she brought up her stupid wish. Plus, anyway:

@Slicer22: Well, yeah I don't like Kiritsugu. He's a fine complex character, but I can't find him particularly likable. His seiyuu is great, though.

HF Shirou >>> Kiritsugu in my book.
ThessApr 22, 2012 6:10 PM
Apr 22, 2012 6:21 PM

Jul 2007
Thess said:

@LunarMoon: Her ideals are hardly foolish. What is foolish is her wish to rewrite history. That was what proven wrong. Rider misunderstood that regret was consequence of her ideals, rather it was consequence of her own despairing weakness. Saber realized this in the Fate route (and UBW one that leads to true ending).

Her ideals and her chivalric intention to avoid unsealing her arm, could have resulted in the death of thousands by Cthulu-Caster. That was rather foolish of her.

Fate Stay Night Spoiler:
LunarMoonApr 22, 2012 6:24 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Apr 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Apr 2011
ataraxial said:
BossLuffy said:

Was that supposed to be a serious comment?
It sounds like misdirected sarcasm.

To whom it may concern(This anime)...good sir.

No sarcasm
No misdirection

Don't make my simple comments look vague.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 22, 2012 6:45 PM

Mar 2012
Wasn't trying to make your comments look vague.
It sounded like you were being sarcastic, but there was nowhere for the sarcasm to be directed.
Hence, misdirected sarcasm.

If you're being serious, what logic makes being a dick and being a badass mutually exclusive in general?
Apr 22, 2012 6:51 PM

Feb 2011
Kiritsugu = 2
Saber = 0

I think everyone's favourite blond bitch will get pwned badly.
Apr 22, 2012 6:56 PM

Mar 2012
Montrovant1488 said:
Kiritsugu = 2
Saber = 0

What are you talking about?
Apr 22, 2012 7:05 PM

Feb 2011
ataraxial said:
Montrovant1488 said:
Kiritsugu = 2
Saber = 0

Since they don't see eye to eye, have different ideals, etc. In my book Kiritsugu is winning (not the Holy Cum War, but the most bad ass character of this not-too-cool show).

Kiritsugu won that argument although, he did look at Saber with dick-slapping intent.

Now as for my 2-0 score it refers to the times Kiritsugu has pwned Saber or her honor, the first one was in the first season (can't quite remember the event) now this one, taking away from her this "knightly" fight and that argument that left Saber's hand in need of something of phallic nature.
Apr 22, 2012 7:14 PM

Feb 2010
ataraxial said:

Actually I find their personalities slightly different from each other, though they're both very loyal in nature. I see Diarmuid as a rather cool, serious person while I see Cu Chulainn as someone rather hotheaded, though somewhat laidback with a sense of humor. However, I dont blame you for not seeing Cu Chulainn as such since DEEN didn't do a good job depicting that side of his character in the UBW movie.

I like Cu Chulainn slightly more than Diarmuid mostly because of his sense of humor in UBW route xD As much as I admire chivalry a lot, I find Diarmuid's character a little bland when I first read the LN. Though the anime has made me like him a little more than before.

Anyhow, RIP Diarmuid .__.
They did a great job depicting his rage. That was one quite intense scene.

Omniknight said:

Loved, Saber's sidestep of the lance especially.

Also that ^

They also did a good job depicting the tension between Saber and Kiritsugu during that dialogue.

I'm not going to spoil who's going to die or not in the upcoming episodes.
But here's a suggestion: if any of you guys are VERY attached to any character and you're easily emotional (as in you cry easily over tragic scenes), I suggest you get plenty of tissues ready in case from this point on.
Apr 22, 2012 7:18 PM
Dec 2007
Montrovant1488 said:
ataraxial said:
Montrovant1488 said:
Kiritsugu = 2
Saber = 0

Since they don't see eye to eye, have different ideals, etc. In my book Kiritsugu is winning (not the Holy Cum War, but the most bad ass character of this not-too-cool show).

Kiritsugu won that argument although, he did look at Saber with dick-slapping intent.

Now as for my 2-0 score it refers to the times Kiritsugu has pwned Saber or her honor, the first one was in the first season (can't quite remember the event) now this one, taking away from her this "knightly" fight and that argument that left Saber's hand in need of something of phallic nature.
Defending a guy who's willing to sacrifice a whole city for a fairy tale utopia of no wars is quite dumb. And yes, Kiritsugu's wish IS to create a world with no war or violence. He has the ideals of a child with the misguided methods of a ruthless killer. The worst part is that he has nothing to back that the Grail can do it (in fact it can't, the current Grail can only grant wishes through destruction... if someone asked for a world with no wars, it would probably just kill all humans).

Apr 22, 2012 7:18 PM

Apr 2012
Thess said:
BloodRequiem said:
but that was realta nua

No.

Iskandar was fine with her until she brought up her stupid wish. Plus, anyway:

@Slicer22: Well, yeah I don't like Kiritsugu. He's a fine complex character, but I can't find him particularly likable. His seiyuu is great, though.

shirou meeting her in the afterlife is pure bs
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

530 by FedeMetal »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1326 by S41N »»
Sep 23, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

591 by DeadlyPhysnom »»
Aug 25, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AkkaAkka - Apr 7, 2012

380 by landofthekwt »»
Aug 21, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

656 by Forum »»
Jul 11, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.