Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 22, 2015 4:56 PM

May 2014
@Load
The fact remains they were going up against a whole town full of people at Legatto's control and they were also pretty shook up by Wolfwood's death. I don't think its that hard to realize they didn't have much of a chance. After all they're no longer up against normal humans.

Vash being forced to kill Legatto was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever seen, his entire character has been destroyed. Legatto won this fight.
I've been here way too long...
Mar 13, 2016 3:19 PM

Aug 2015
Legato is dead, just like that after all that build up *sigh*
At least we have knives, hope he will have a better ending.
Apr 27, 2016 6:20 AM
Feb 2016
The premise for this episode came right on time before the final showdown between Vash and Knives. I had complaints about the show from some of the recent episodes (not including the previous one) about the lack of consequences (at this point) regarding to Vash's idealistic outlook towards pacifism but the premise this time was all about testing how far Vash is willing to go with it. I'm so glad Vash pulled the trigger since it reflected well on the reality and situation of Trigun's universe. I would've felt really annoyed if didn't happen otherwise because it would've cheapened the entire built-up towards Lagato dying.

Despite Lagato's death, he still "won" in a way that he got exactly what he wanted. This should be up there with Episode 23 as the best episodes of the series thus far due to the emotional impact of Vash's heart-breaking decision in the end. I didn't really "feel" it at the time because I was like "about time!" in terms of the logical developments played out in Vash's character and the overall plot at the final stretch of the show.
Icarus_primeApr 27, 2016 6:25 AM
May 28, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2014
The quality is dropping episode by episode.
Jun 8, 2016 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
Knives is a fucking troll. He utterly succeeded in destroying the foundation of Vash's character and at the same time sever his last remaining ties to Rem. Vash probably prefer death over this. At least he is finally freed from Rem's impractical ideals.
Fav episode so far wow...It was amazing to see Vash killing someone....wowowowow
I alway wonder what are the role of the insurance girls and that was answered in this ep.
BornWithCHeeSeJun 8, 2016 12:33 PM
Sep 17, 2016 1:57 PM

Feb 2013
I was worried that he would let them die.
Nov 1, 2016 12:11 AM

Dec 2013
Poor Vash really can't catch a break. Fantastic episode.
Jun 16, 2017 2:48 AM
Jul 2016
Vash is a sad character. Believing in impossible ideals and suffering because of it. Some find it annoying, but for me it makes him into a much more real character.
Sep 4, 2017 8:21 PM

Jul 2017
Legato is a bastard. I can't say I really feel sorry for him (well I do in a way because he could have chosen to not be an evil jerk), but, assuming Vash actually killed him, he has hurt Vash immensely with his suicide by Vash scenario. I was originally thinking that this kind of meant Rem was dead forever, so to speak, but Rem believes in redemption so it's not all gone. I'm on the edge of my seat to finish this.
Dec 7, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2016
Great episode even if there weren't the girls Legato would make the people kill each other.
Mar 6, 2018 9:20 AM
Dec 2014
Legato kind of villains are the worst villains to deal,no matter what you do you will always lose.
While the no killing ideal is wrong people don't understand how killing someone is difficult,you never killed someone so you'll never understand.
Apr 23, 2018 11:14 AM
Apr 2018
Amazing episode probably my favorite of the series forcing him to betray his ideas powerful.
Aug 10, 2018 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
That was so unexpected. Now Vash will want to kill Knives, I guess.
May 22, 2019 4:15 PM

Jul 2016
Finally Vash broke! This is quite interesting.
May 28, 2019 8:14 AM
Apr 2016
Oh god, poor Vash, I felt so bad for him, goddamn Legato was mentally torturing him so badly... Vash did it at the end - he killed another human. Legato wasn't kidding about the "eternal suffering" part...
Sep 3, 2019 1:13 PM

Apr 2013
One of the most annoying things about this show is how abilities are not explained. That one guy controls puppets though a red crystal. The next one makes shockwaves with his sax. And Legato can control people's minds. Why? No one knows, they just have these superhuman abilities without reason lol
Apr 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
This was an amazing episode but sadly we never got explanation how Legato even managed to achieve such incredible ability and did he also live for 100+ years like vash and knives
May 31, 2020 2:46 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
That shot at the end was more powerful at the emotional level than at the physical.
Aug 6, 2020 8:43 AM

May 2016
As flawed and naive Vash's ideologies were as pointed out by Legato, putting him in a situation as hopeless as that where he'd either lose himself or the last of his friends was heart-breaking...

He put so much hope into the human race and tried so hard to see the good in them no matter how despicable they are but he was let down again and again while being unable to do anything about it. As much as I'd want to see him be the happy-go-lucky idiot he always was, I'm afraid that things will never be the same.

Sep 28, 2020 2:35 PM

Dec 2007
good ep and all, but legato died before we could know more of him.

the scene vash to cry was heart warming.
Sep 30, 2020 7:38 PM
May 2020
Milly should be on the top ten "characters yo want to be best friends with" anime list.
Nov 22, 2020 9:15 AM
Mar 2020
Great episode. i felt really uncomfortable watching Vash get tortured. Probably because his naivety and innocence sometimes reminds me of myself..
Mar 26, 2021 6:27 AM

Feb 2015
FINALLY.

It was obvious since pretty much Legato's first apparition that his objective was to make Vash go against his own principles and ultimately crush them by killing somebody. It was finally confirmed in this episode. Legato won of course, because Vash could only lose unless he doesn't care about the lives of innocent people.

I was pretty happy to hear Legato say exactly what I've been thinking about Vash since episode 7: Vash is a monster who plays with people's lives. Each time there is a bad guy threatening the lives of innocent people, Vash plays heads or tails:
- 50% probabilty he saves everybody without killing the villain, everything ends well and everybody is happy;
- 50% probability he doesn't manage to stop the villain who then shoot people, there are casualties, hurt or dead people.
Until now Vash always managed to get himself out of these impossible situations because Author-san made him wear a massive plot armor so that he never questions his stupid and unrealistic principles. Glad this is finally over.
Apr 9, 2021 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
Great episode. Legato succeeded to win against Vash by forcing him to lose his way of life, which Vash was fighting for over 100 years. I'd have liked to know more about Legato tho
Aug 22, 2021 7:53 AM
May 2021
This is the episode that made this show a Masterpiece for me. It made it stick. It's such a striking pay-off to Legato's introduction in Episode 11.
Sep 13, 2021 2:44 PM

May 2019
Knives sure is ominous.

That Chapel death scene was gruesome.

Vash telling Meryl about Knives had the perfect amount of sentimentality to it.

Vash was definitely backed into a corner via Knives, he discovered he had no choice. This was the spider and butterfly scene all over again. Knives knew that direct, willful murder would ultimately break Vash: Knives greatest goal.

Then, Vash snapped, what with Meryl and Milly being held hostage and then hearing Legato talk trash about Rem.

Poor soul that one, poor Vash.
Dec 29, 2021 9:10 AM
Nov 2020
still can't believe wolfwood is gone
Jan 16, 2022 4:17 AM

Nov 2020
This was the best episode in the entire series for me.
Jul 13, 2022 2:43 AM

Apr 2018
Finally, some character development.
Oct 30, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2020
Oh fug, Vash killed someone... well, shi, fug, all his beliefs went down the drain. Well, lets see where this will go.
Dec 8, 2022 7:05 PM

Jan 2020
We're finally seeing present day Knives. Not that he needed to be built up anymore than he already has been, but slaying Chapel like that was such a brutal flex. It also seems to make things more hopeless in that Knives can manipulate space and Vash didn't get even half the powers he has in the manga.

I know I said my favorite scene was Wolfwood's death, but, as a whole, this is such a good episode. The confrontation with Legato is pretty intense, especially because I agree in that Vash is naïve about having not killed anyone. Plus, his subsequent death is both so satisfying and heart wrenching.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 15, 2022 2:06 PM
Aug 2021
The series started as a trifle comedy but then it turns to be one of the most depressive series I have ever seen.
Jan 16, 2023 4:21 PM
Oct 2022
Legato's level of manipulation is horrifying. 
How does he even control the movements of others? 
Seeing Vash break like that was tragic. He's going to carry that weight, but he had no choice in the situation despite Legato stating he did. It was the equivalent of choosing to die along with your friends or killing and saving your friends. It's not much of a choice.
Forced choices are hardly any way to back up an ideology; it's the equivalent of using extremes to justify a weak argument.

Feb 21, 2023 5:17 PM
Mar 2021
esse daqui em ja comecei chorando
Mar 6, 2023 3:21 AM
May 2017
Good bye, Legato!
Apr 21, 2023 4:43 PM
Jan 2020
Legato is one crazy guy
May 26, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2021
Vash continues to take Ls... I remember when this was a silly show.
Jul 16, 2023 11:56 PM

Jul 2012
This anime reminds me of Gundam, but the cowboy / gunner version..

Aug 13, 2023 8:59 PM

Apr 2016
Out of all these episodes about Legato (technically Knives) bothering Vash this was the best and less annoying one.
Dec 19, 2023 6:50 PM

Mar 2022
Well Legato wasn’t kidding about causing eternal suffering to Vash and he did just that, control the civilians so that they attack Meryl and Millie and manipulate Vash into killing him when he KNOWS that Vash is opposed to the idea of killing someone in the first place and succeeded in the latter killing him. Now Vash’s ideals have all gone down the drain thanks to this encounter with Legato and it really came as a shock to me when I first saw this moment. It’s a horrifically sad but great episode and man what a way to lead us into the finale that way. Pretty much the vast majority of the Gung Ho Guns is dead and the only one left is Knives himself.

It was pretty cool to see what Midvalley could do as an antagonist but sadly when you are paired up with Vash the Stampede is highly likely that his fight was gonna be brief and he probably knew that he had no chance of ending him anyway. Just a few more episodes and then it’ll all be over soon.
Jan 12, 5:30 AM

Dec 2022
The villians in this show are written so perfectly.

Knives is a huge Manipulator and the mastermind behind everything. 10/10 episode.

Aug 16, 5:21 AM

Jun 2020
One think Legato was right people are died because of Vash. He was not the main reasons of them to die but he can save them but his ego didn’t late him. Its not even about more-Al’s anymore he has seriously problems about Rem. Even in this ep he did get the most angry when Legato mentioned her and not when Milly and Meryl almost get killed. He is egoist who is not care about anyone he just care about Rem's morals

On the other hand Milly is a good example who has morals but can understand other peoples decisions. She didn’t fully agree with Wolfwood but understand and his decision.

Maybe we didn’t see Legato the way most of us want but the damage he did is astronomical to Vash
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trigun Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

80 by Dad2 »»
Sep 9, 3:43 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 9, 2008

65 by Dad2 »»
Sep 5, 6:22 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

210 by ANIk_003 »»
Aug 24, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Cero - Jul 2, 2008

153 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Trigun Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kie_ - Sep 13, 2008

81 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 16, 1:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.