Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 11, 2011 12:07 AM
Jun 2010
God that was the worst last two episodes of an anime I've ever seen. 1-22 were absolutely amazing. 23 was waaaaaaay too dramatic. 24 jumped all over the fucking place and made no damn sense. Lets delete 23 and 24 and just continue with fillers forever or something.
Jul 11, 2011 12:13 AM
May 2011
Hageshiikaze said:
God that was the worst last two episodes of an anime I've ever seen. 1-22 were absolutely amazing. 23 was waaaaaaay too dramatic. 24 jumped all over the fucking place and made no damn sense. Lets delete 23 and 24 and just continue with fillers forever or something.
are you kidding me, did you just down a serise for being dramatic, where the fucks the logic in that, thats like going

"clannad was terrible cause i got romantic at the end"

it doesnt make any fuckign sense

and di you actually just say it sohuld have went to fillers forever, this sint bleach or naruto, shows have plots and finales, charecters die this isnt some shitty shojo romance about mermaid wives, haruhi, or other bullshit
Jul 11, 2011 12:15 AM

Dec 2010
He's somewhat right. There really should have been 2-4 more eps to spread these last two out. They're a little too condensed.
Jul 11, 2011 9:53 AM
Dec 2009
Nice ending, I got teared up a bit. ^__^

Too bad Brian doesn't make it, I was hoping he could be Victorique's future guardian or so. =\ I like growing up Luigi and growing up Kujo, really love the part when he took off his hat and smile. I wasn't sure it's Kujo or someone who is going to deliver the bad news or not. ^^

My heart sank when Kujo mention about his legs, thought I laughed when he crawled across that area, and got even more depressed when the boy read a book in a library and the girl's picture and the rabbit start waving and morphed into a form looks like a tombstone-thought that the writer wants to impy that all this story is only a myth in a book or so... or a symbolism that both of them dying. I read a comment about desert and then rewatched the episode again and see that it is really a metaphor. I'm happy now. ^__^

After all 8/10 to me. =D
Jul 11, 2011 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
I felt like I was watching Rainbow again when I saw the soldier in the mess hall beating Kujo. Bones really missed a good opportunity to expand on Kujo's blank canvas and possibly make the ending more gratifying in doing so.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Jul 12, 2011 1:31 AM

Aug 2010
Such a sweet ending but what no kiss haha
Jul 12, 2011 2:59 AM

Jun 2009
notsureifsrs said:
He's somewhat right. There really should have been 2-4 more eps to spread these last two out. They're a little too condensed.

I thought it could use one episode to sort things out in the final episode cause it was obviously rushed. That one episode could put emphasize to the war (and how it affected the world) also involving Kujo and Victorique finding her way in Japan.

2-4 episodes is too much and will just drag this out.
Jul 12, 2011 3:03 AM

Dec 2010
Well, maybe. I think the previous ep, 23, should've been 2 eps also. The whole rabbit revolution thing was too fast.
Jul 13, 2011 11:49 AM

Nov 2010
Surprised at how much I enjoyed this series. For a second there i thought it was gonna be a BAD END. Im glad it had a happy ending tho. wouldv been better with a kiss tho. Im gonna miss Victorique :(

overall 9/10
Jul 13, 2011 4:57 PM

Jun 2008
best show i've seen this year... 10/10

now i'm sad that it ended... T.T
Jul 14, 2011 1:28 AM

Dec 2010
How did Victorica's hair turn white?? I thought it was jst the moon light then then it was actually silver after Brain died... how the hell did she change it lol? i know she changed it so she couldnt be found.
I thought that Kujo's legs were bombed off! then he comes back with legs and all! ... a bit confused.
I really liked this anime, very deep character development and challenges.
brain is crazy.
he is a twin.
he is from the wolf clan.
0.0 mg. lol
I give this a 9/10 because of the fast paced story in the end half of the anime.
Jul 14, 2011 4:09 PM

Jul 2007
I only wanted one thing more for the damn ending. SAY THAT YOU LOVE HER GOD DAMN YOU KUJO. :/
Jul 14, 2011 4:15 PM
May 2011
Cloudy-Sky said:
I only wanted one thing more for the damn ending. SAY THAT YOU LOVE HER GOD DAMN YOU KUJO. :/
im pretty sure thats "the thing" he wanted to tell to her in person, i mean they show that they proboly got married anyway, but yah i was hoping for a kiss or somthing, ehh it gives me somthingt o immagine happening, they were still the best couple in a while
Jul 15, 2011 4:15 AM
Jan 2011
wonderful ending, i do feel also it was a bit rushed in the last few episodes, but none the less a wonderful story and probably one of the best series this year.
Jul 15, 2011 9:54 AM

Feb 2008
That was really emotional. Didn't expect that.

Kind of wish we saw more of the war part, though.
Jul 16, 2011 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
DenjaX said:
wth, Victorique became shorter at the end o_O

Maybe she needs more calcium.
Jul 16, 2011 10:12 PM
Dec 2010
the first half of the series was good/ but the second half and the ending BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! very touching.
Jul 17, 2011 7:18 AM

Jun 2008
samuraigirl said:
zeroryoko1974 said:
Great show, how did Victorique turn her hair silver?

You know, there is a theory that sudden shock can turn the hair white.
Here is a link I found: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_shock_hair/ .
So in Victoirque's case there was the death of Cordelia and Brian, plus she knew nothing about Kujo.

Anyway, beautiful ending, although it was a bit rushed. ^^

Yeah that must be it. Not a theory ether. It's a true thing that happens. I so it with my own eyes. A person i knew lost his young wife that loved immensely and i saw him after a few days and his hair where gray from brown. I was shocked as hell on how all his hair changed color like that simply because of his sorrow.
Never had seen such a thing in my life or thought it possible but there he was.

Anyway this was actually a good last episode. The latest third of the series was quite good although many of the mysteries presented during the course of the series weren't all that great or exciting.

Btw Koujo crawling in the sand made me think he lost his leg in the war by an explosion or something but then he appears just fine. Wtf was that then? Trolling moment?
MonadJul 21, 2011 4:45 PM
Jul 18, 2011 2:21 PM

Sep 2007
How do I rate an anime with 9.5? :-(
Jul 20, 2011 7:38 AM

Sep 2010
How it ends like that? Ç-Ç
I want more! õ/
Jul 20, 2011 3:10 PM

Jul 2011
If anyone is confused about the ending and many of the events that happened in the last episode, let me enlighten you.

The reason Kujo had a nightmare about being in the desert with no legs is because when you area soldier in a war you have nightmare's about being on the battlefield.

The reason Victorique's hair turned silver was because the amount of stress and sadness she has been through. Her actual hair folicles had died. You find that strange? I don't, because things like that actually happen in real life too. Your hair can turn white from being so stressed. It can also be caused by sudden extreme shock to your mind and your feelings.

Why was there no kiss scene? Why didn't Kujo get married to Victorique at the end??

Kujo does marry victorique at the end. As they walk into the horizon Victorique is wearing a wedding dress and holding Kujo's hand. He did marry her.

I hope this helped a few people that didn't understand :)
Jul 21, 2011 12:42 AM

Oct 2010
DestinyStar said:
The reason Victorique's hair turned silver was because the amount of stress and sadness she has been through. Her actual hair folicles had died. You find that strange? I don't, because things like that actually happen in real life too. Your hair can turn white from being so stressed. It can also be caused by sudden extreme shock to your mind and your feelings.
I can agree with this having the last person dear to you and closest to your mother passing away.

I also have the white hair problem due to stress.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 21, 2011 12:45 AM

Dec 2010
I knew a guy in high school who had natural whitening hair. It was black but some was already going white.

It really does feel more brittle.
Jul 22, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Finally!!! A show I could be emotionally invested in and not regret it! It's been so long. I never thought I'd come to enjoy this show so much. I got into this hoping for a good gateway into the mystery genre of anime. What I got was a much more interesting love story. I couldn't care less about the mysteries by the end. I don't think the show cared much anymore either come the last 3 or 4 episodes. We all knew the truth by then.

My favorite show since Toradora! (newly aired) and coincidentally my favorite tsundere character right alongside Taiga. It's been blessing getting to watch this show. Well done.

Jul 23, 2011 5:56 AM
Jan 2010
4-5 episodes were total DOWNHILL, I was going to give this anime 8 or so, but now I can only give it 3...........
I am outraged how bad last episodes were, I am sorry I watched this shit...
Jul 23, 2011 6:47 AM

Jul 2011
lol..i thought that kujo crawling from the ship because of his both leg gone..then i noticed that it just a fantasy :p
Jul 23, 2011 6:14 PM
Jul 2011
The ending was a bit rushed but it's still good.
It kinda make me teary but not yet enough to make me cry.

Anyways i understand that Kujo was hallucinating, at first i thought that maybe he loose half of his body but when then i thought " Why was he in a desert? he wasn't there before.." . But in the end i understand why that happed. It just a sign that maybe those time he was on a Life and Death Situation... it was either he will live or die so it was just an artistic way of showing that. Since they say that once you've become a Police or a Soldier half of your body is already in the grave.

I just hope that it clear us out how did Victorique got her silver hair, did she colored it ? or it came out like that naturally.

I dont quite understand Grevil and Jacqueline's part... they look like they are lovers.. like Jac is waiting for Grevil and then he suddenly shows up. Jacqueline seem to have some feelings for Grevil but why did she marry the other officer?

What happened to the "Wood Cutter" Boy did they release her sister?

I wish that they have show us the other characters too.

It would have been better if Kujo and Victorique can return to the Academy since their teacher is waiting for them.

But yeah this made me realize how hard it is to live during the war..
Jul 24, 2011 10:22 AM

Jan 2011
Talking about splendid anime. This is one of them.
It's nice to listen the rest of Unity( I just know the title).
I thought Brian was dead when he fell on that Snowy Mountain, then he died on ship.
Ohmagaws.. Grevil is hot.
Tonight... raise its score from 9 to 10.

Kujo return with his hair back/
First I thought that girl was Kujo's sister, but then it turn out to be her. With white/ silver hair.
Vicktorique and Kujo reunite again in Japan.
Then her clothes change.

I remember words from the cheif of Seryum
"A great storm will come and surely will separate both of you. But even your you're separate, your heart will never separate".

~Walk a new path to history again.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jul 24, 2011 6:17 PM

Nov 2010
I'm such a pussy. I cried at that ending. Absolutely beautiful.
Jul 24, 2011 9:02 PM

Jun 2009
The series has an excellent ending~ I couldn't be more happy with it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 25, 2011 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Such a beautiful ending, bad luck we didn't get a bit more of epilogue.

This should definitely be marked as Romance in the genres.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Jul 26, 2011 4:06 AM

Nov 2009
I came so close to shedding some tears at the end when they reunited. Took me a while to get through this but I'm so glad that I did.

The second half certainly was better than the first in every way, especially the tone, everything got much more real and serious.

Overall, series is a 9/10 for me. If it was like this all the way through it would have been one of the best anime of all time.
Jul 26, 2011 6:03 PM

Aug 2009
was thinking about giving it a 10 but kujo surviving bumped it down lol idk i felt cheated after all that emotional build up. still great series overall 9/10
Jul 28, 2011 11:18 PM

Apr 2010
Did anyone ever find out if the endings matched up, The anime and the novel, or what happened in the last part of the novel?????
Jul 29, 2011 9:34 PM
Apr 2011
Taufiq91 said:
The ending is one of the most beautiful endings i've seen this spring. It's beautifully written, well made and well directed and it almost brought a tear to my eye when Victorique finally reunites with Kujo.

Overall, great ending.

Now, here's my full thoughts on the show:

Let's just say that this anime started off pretty badly but it ends up as a great anime with great visuals, great music and amazing character interaction.

The first 12 episodes were bland, but once it gets less into solving crimes and more of character interaction between Victorique and Kujo, it becomes way more watchable than ever. Episodes 17 and 18 were amazing and i think that when it gets more interesting after that. Miyuki Sawashiro as Cordelia is pretty much the highlight of this series, more than Victorique and Kujo.

And i'm actually sad off that many did not give this series a chance. if you had the patience to get until episode 16, then this series becomes better. But again, patience for an anime like this is rough and i understand it's criticism (which i explain below). Thank god i just got into series when Madoka's finale was delayed.

Now, here are are my main criticisms with this series:

The problem with Studio Bones is that most of their anime seemed to get better only when they shift their attention to the characters rather than the storylines. You see that in FMA, Ouran Host Club, RaXephn and this. They always set up the stories first and the characters later, and that's one thing that i have trouble with Bones anime and i think this is why some dropped Gosick. Hell, problems like these is one reason why i dropped Star Driver.

If they had established Kujo and Victorique's backstories early on and base their first half on both characters, it could make the anime much better. After all, this is a character driven story, so therefore the anime should start off developing characters first.

Overall, this is a great anime which could have been a masterpiece if it wasn't for the dull first half. If it wasn't for that, it would be much better than it was and less people would have dropped it.

8.5/10

It must be one of the reasons why this anime show fell off my radar. Will I miss much if I start at episode 16? because I do not plan to watch the first half even though I watched a few beginning episodes.
deactivated10325Jul 29, 2011 9:40 PM
Aug 3, 2011 9:22 AM

Mar 2011
I thought Kujo died when it showed his motionless arm holding the ring, but they were just trollin'. Vic with silver hair looked cool, same with Grevil.

Overall, I thought the first half wasn't very good, but the second half was better. Had some fun with this anime. 6.5/10.
Aug 4, 2011 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
Love the happy ending. :3
Victorique looked strange with silver hair.
Aug 5, 2011 3:57 AM

Sep 2008
I was crying like hell!! It's that normal!? X.....x
Maybe because I understand how hard it is to be far away from your loved one... Every day without your most important person is... painful. Yet... they are together!!! I was so happy!
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Aug 9, 2011 1:36 PM

Aug 2011
Nikorin said:
I was crying like hell!! It's that normal!? X.....x
Maybe because I understand how hard it is to be far away from your loved one... Every day without your most important person is... painful. Yet... they are together!!! I was so happy!
i cant immagine how hard that is beign 5 years apart fromt eh one you love most, only made harder that she had no clue if he would survive or not since the war is very dangerous
Aug 17, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
i loved this anime 10/10 for me and Love Victorique with white hair
Aug 20, 2011 9:58 PM

Sep 2010
I rlly tought that kujo has died, then when he appears grown up it rlly touched me xD WTF

Nice anime, i wish they make one OVA after this marriage or something like this

Nice ending as well 10/10 x3
Aug 23, 2011 1:10 PM
Aug 2011
"REAL or Illusionary World???

Yet another series that ends in a HUGE question mark....

I'm not sure myself, is this Real or some illusionary after life world???

They showed Kujo loosing his legs in the war, and Victorique suddenly has Silver hair???"

She didn't dye her hair! It's the stress that cause this, after enduring all this. In real life this can happen but not at such extent.
As for Kujo legs, he was under some heavy stones or trash or whatever. Those junks blokes or even hurts his legs for the moment. He had this vision in a lost moment. The point of this scene is just to show how much he care and in what way Victorica bring him confort and strenght.
Aug 24, 2011 2:35 AM

Oct 2009
*Sigh*..Cordelia and the Brian's are dead ;_;
At least Grevil got his hair back down :D
I know that hair can turn silver|white due to stress but to that extent? :| She looks old in silver, she looked better as a blonde : and dam i never realized she was THAT short, wow.

This was a great run, though i didn't like all the "love stuff" it was rather annoying xD
The mysteries were all mediocre, so was most of the plot but the characters, setting, OST and the overall atmosphere in the series was pretty good, it kept me interested.

I enjoyed this a lot more than i expected and a fairly decent ending.

8/10.
AozureAug 24, 2011 2:43 AM
Aug 29, 2011 9:58 AM
Aug 2011
Loved this series the whole way through. The main plot, cases and mysteries, side-characters, voice-acting and the art-style, it was all so nicely done and made for a very enjoyable experience.
That though, can be said about a lot of quality anime I reckon, and on top of those qualities I gained this very strong relationship with Victorique and Kujo. There was just something undescribably peaceful, cute and emotionally beautiful between them, really gripped me as the series went on.

As for the last episode... One part of me disliked it due to all the pain the both of them had to go through, the years they had to spend seperated, not knowing whether the other one was alive or not. I really wished for a happy (happier) ending. Kinda highlights how much I cared for them hehe, seeing as most people would label the ending as a happy one.

Overall I think it was a great ending to an amazing series, 10/10. ^_^
Aug 29, 2011 9:59 AM
Aug 2011
And yes, I cried, I sobbed, I was shaking... Loved it.
Sep 8, 2011 6:18 PM

Jul 2010
zimno said:
i dont know that was a true or illusion in its world

but it was so beautiful ending
5/5

so glad somone posted a pic, its amazing!!
prismheart said:
Tawm said:
so uh, who else uncontrollably teared up? :3

10/10

I did a little.

ok i'll admit, just a bit
Sozora said:
Truly amazing show, great ending, I wonder what was it that Kujo wanted to say that he's never told her before? I might've missed it but I was hoping on the lines of "I LOVE YOU"

lol i was kinda expecting that too
Yumekichi11 said:
KazukiUchiha said:
I will truly miss this anime. This anime was the best of 2011 so far, and the best of the winter/spring anime season. I am very sad that is it ending right here.
Amen to that my friend. There is still a solution, the BDs to re-watch. I may do that sometime in the future. That's how a show is worth it. The will to pay out some of your time to watch something again in a more beautiful quality once again.

so i'm not the only one who thought of this, well i'm glad :)

Sep 17, 2011 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
defiantly one of the best final eps to a serise ive ever seen

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Sep 19, 2011 7:01 PM

Sep 2011
Domino5 said:
"REAL or Illusionary World???

Yet another series that ends in a HUGE question mark....

I'm not sure myself, is this Real or some illusionary after life world???

They showed Kujo loosing his legs in the war, and Victorique suddenly has Silver hair???"

She didn't dye her hair! It's the stress that cause this, after enduring all this. In real life this can happen but not at such extent.
As for Kujo legs, he was under some heavy stones or trash or whatever. Those junks blokes or even hurts his legs for the moment. He had this vision in a lost moment. The point of this scene is just to show how much he care and in what way Victorica bring him confort and strenght.
its real, they meat up after the wra and finally get married, nothing else to it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 2, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2009
I feel like I missed something. What happened with the king in the end? Can somebody clarify?
Oct 14, 2011 2:31 AM
Oct 2011
That wa beautiful :'(
I WANT MORE!
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

100 by NeinHumein »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.