Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another awesome episode. Both stories are progressing nicely. I loved that attack from Kei telling Miya that she will disappear from Hiro and I really liked that scene at the end where Chihiro was chained on that thing, but was able to reach out to Renji. I can't wait to see the next episode.

edit: fixed, i phail
Faust721Nov 12, 2007 6:02 PM
Nov 12, 2007 5:52 PM

Oct 2007
More Chihiro goodness =)

But I think Kei is bound to lose, since she doesn't confess her feelings. She had many opportunities until now... and by "Mayu", you mean Miyako? xD

Edit -
Ah, did someone else noticed that Renji's school uniform is the same from Hirono/Kei/Miyako one?
Both Hirono and Renji visited the church (seems the same church for me) and met two different people... maybe the person that Himura is waiting for is the 'nun'...
But, assuming the city is the same why they don't meet each other? Ah... I'm getting more confused every episode xD

Sorry for the engrish xP
IxtliNov 12, 2007 6:04 PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Nov 12, 2007 10:40 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Another awesome episode, I'm loving this show to the fullest. The 99 e-Mails at the end were a nice touch.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 13, 2007 1:01 AM

Mar 2007
cyruz said:
Another awesome episode, I'm loving this show to the fullest. The 99 e-Mails at the end were a nice touch.

Seconding everything in this quote.

Nov 13, 2007 4:47 AM

Sep 2007
haha i lolz at kuze-san uniform collection XD

but imo it seem that the 2 mains will end up with the 2 twins
cause after this epi i am thinking that hiro will end up with kei
since he didnt go to the date and cared kei more....
ok everything else can happen so i am not really sure

but that renji XX chihiro is really good since nothing "bad" happen to them
so i dont think that they wouldnt come together
Nov 13, 2007 7:08 AM

Nov 2007
Kuze-san shouldn't be giving his soiled uniforms to Chihiro. She's a pure girl. Renji's mom, on the other hand...
Nov 13, 2007 8:24 AM

Apr 2007
Kuze-san is awesome. He's such a bad example for Renji, lol. Who's a sweet kid and OMG MORE SCREENTIME PLZ! I don't like Kei. I don't care if she's trying hard now, she's still too whiny and I don't like her.

Miyako seems to have had a bad experience when linking to someone. The 99 messages just show that; it's not really about Hiro, it's about being special to someone. I can relate to that, though I wouldn't be so extreme. Makes me wonder what happened to her.

And Yuko and Yu (the two from the church) are really mysterious. I wonder if the anime is going to develop the story about those two.

Oh, and the animation in this episode really outdid itself. The part with Miyako and Kei talking while the train was passing was really pretty and artistic and shiny and... I really liked it.

About the city and coincidences...

I believe Renji is an underclassmate to Kei and the others, since Chihiro is older than him. So, different schedules? Also, Kei's from the basketball club, so she has other duties and maybe that's why they don't meet. Other than that, Renji wouldn't recognize any other character.
MaxwellLilyNov 13, 2007 8:37 AM
Nov 13, 2007 12:09 PM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
Another awesome episode. Both stories are progressing nicely. I loved that attack from Kei telling Miya that she will disappear from Hiro and I really liked that scene at the end where Chihiro was chained on that thing, but was able to reach out to Renji. I can't wait to see the next episode.
l

My thoughts EXACTLY, Kei retaliates :P, its turning out lovely, this anime is made nicely, the way the story is told, the art, everything is amazing!!!
I liked the scene where Chihiro raeched out to Renji!!!

I would like to see what would happen when/if Chihiro+Renji meet with some of the others, it could pottentialy be a lovely meeting!
Nov 13, 2007 12:49 PM

Sep 2007
Hmm, can't quite pinpoint what exactly but I don't like Miyako quite as much anymore after this episode. Maybe it's because she tried to get Hiro to hang out with her even though Kei had a basketball match and Hiro might possibly want to go. I didn't like how it was almost like she was asking him to choose.
Nov 13, 2007 1:02 PM

Jul 2007
Tenshin said:
haha i lolz at kuze-san uniform collection XD

I spy with my little eyes... A MAHORA UNIFORM. (Negima)

Picture for proof :o

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Nov 13, 2007 2:57 PM

Jul 2007
halfway through the episode i felt like there was a sudden time warp and it was the weekend before i even knew it.. =\ or maybe i don't pay enough attention v_v
i love the relationship between Renji and Chihiro! well i like it way more than the botched up love triange..

and I second AngelLily, I don't like Kei. If you really like him why didn't you make a move before this? you've had.. forever! and now that someone else is interested in him, she's being all jealous.

I was surprised at Miyako.. where did all her spunk and spine go? Why couldn't she stand up to Kei?? and Iriya, it was Kei who turned this into a sort of challenge in the first place. So i don't know... i just don't like Kei. period.
Nov 13, 2007 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
great ep there. Standoff between the two girls, Kuze-sans pervertedness. I was surprised though when Hiro actually ran in the infirmary to Kei. Nice move.
Nov 13, 2007 4:12 PM
Aug 2007
Kei is being stupid. She had Hirono like forever and now that she has rival she gets pissed off? Just confess your feelings you had soo many chances to do so. I want Miyamura with Hirono and I guess something has happened to Miyamura in the past cuz when she heard the word disappear, she told herself that she was going to disappear again..
Nov 13, 2007 4:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
deli53 said:
Kei is being stupid. She had Hirono like forever and now that she has rival she gets pissed off?
Changes can be scary, it looks rather realistic to me.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 13, 2007 5:21 PM

Jun 2007
I think the whole thing with Kei is, shes scared of loosing him completely.They've been somewhat close since they where very young and I think deep inside she feels scared to tell him to his face, her feelings because of the whole accident with her sister. Subconsciously shes probably thinking it would be wrong to tell him her feelings. She feels guilty for her sisters accident and she doesn't think she should become happy by asking him out. You can kind of see this after watching the ep where the sister gets hit by the car. Kei looked like she was extremely close to him before that and then after the accident kind of backed away as a possible lover and turned more into a younger sister. So right now shes having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. At least thats how I see it.

ps. No ones relationship changed in this ep so theres nothing to update in my relationship chart.
Nov 13, 2007 6:48 PM

Oct 2007
Hahaha, Kuze-san you pervert, you XD

Once again, a beautiful episode. I still love the Chihiro analogy, and it sent an emotional chill up my spine when Renji reached into the circle and touched Chihiro.
AegisRebornNov 13, 2007 6:59 PM
Nov 13, 2007 9:46 PM

Apr 2007
Best episode so far. Kei completely turned the tables on Miyako, freaking awsome.

And holy crap 99 missed calls. I get a feeling Miyako's gonna go psycho...

Dammit, Kei must win!
Nov 13, 2007 9:53 PM

Feb 2007
I woke up and watched it. But I am posting now.

I love this show, and I am rooting for Miyako :D

Kei is.. hmm. Miya is definately better! :D

but seriously.

CHIHIRO FTW!!
she's mine. Back off! :D
only Renji can have her, because he's awesome
Nov 13, 2007 10:10 PM

Sep 2007
deli53 said:
Kei is being stupid. She had Hirono like forever and now that she has rival she gets pissed off?

You mean that wouldn't happen to you if you were in that situation? Or rather, it wouldn't happen to many other people out there in the world? There's this thing called jealousy that I'm sure everyone's experienced at least once in their life.

Kei's not that bad anymore and Miyako's not that good anymore. haha :P
Nov 14, 2007 4:29 AM

Apr 2007
MM805 said:

I don't think so. I think everyone is a bit too keen on thinking "psycho!" after School Days. I think the issue here is more like Miyako clinging desperately to the one person that acknowledges her. She doesn't want him to forget her, because she doesn't want to disappear. What Kei said caused so much impact on her that she even lost the confident posture she's had the other episodes. She's showing her true colors: being dependant on Hiro, just like Kei herself is. Kei uses her sister's accident as excuse not to make a move on Hiro, but she depends on his presence, she needs him to be there. Just the thought of not having him there anymore has made her challenge Miyako and admit her feelings.
Nov 14, 2007 7:11 AM
Jun 2007
Those two separated stories are confusing @_@
Nov 14, 2007 9:56 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
There were a lot of great comments before me, so I don't really have much to say. I thought it was a great ep, and I am continually loving the colors, and images they provoke with this story. I am loving this series so far.

Looking forward to more.
Nov 14, 2007 3:05 PM

Jun 2007
AngelLily said:
MM805 said:

I don't think so. I think everyone is a bit too keen on thinking "psycho!" after School Days. I think the issue here is more like Miyako clinging desperately to the one person that acknowledges her. She doesn't want him to forget her, because she doesn't want to disappear. What Kei said caused so much impact on her that she even lost the confident posture she's had the other episodes. She's showing her true colors: being dependant on Hiro, just like Kei herself is. Kei uses her sister's accident as excuse not to make a move on Hiro, but she depends on his presence, she needs him to be there. Just the thought of not having him there anymore has made her challenge Miyako and admit her feelings.

You worded what I already said in a so much better way :) thank you. It would be interesting to see them both end up with him in the end.
Nov 14, 2007 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
After watching enough anime, you actually learn a lot of things, and one of them is probably learning not to be so quick to judge others. I think this is another good case of such a thing. Everyone has their favorites whether it be Kei or Miyako, but in the end, you can understand each of their feelings.

Kei is, at first, seemingly very aggressive. Her anger would naturally incur hatred. Heck, even I didn't really like her at first. I can't really even say I like her right now, but how she's acting is understandable considering her circumstances. She's insecure about losing Hiro, who she's had feelings for a long time now. She can't admit her true feelings due to her guilt from years past feeling responsible an accident that happened to her sister. In all honesty, I really don't hold her responsible for that accident although I'm sure a lot of people would. It wasn't something she would wish for and was, in all, an accident. I digress; anyways, after Miyako appears, Kei suddenly realizes that someone she holds dear may disappear. It seems natural that she would be jealous and maybe even panicked.

On the flip side of the coin, there's Miyako who is always skipping school. Being labeled the "delinquent," others may not like her just because she seems so careless and perhaps seeing her as trying to "steal" Hiro. Miyako is still a very mysterious character, since we still don't know that much about her history yet. However, personally, I think the first impression we get of Miyako is wrong. On the outside, she seems like a very strong and confident person, but, as AngelLily pointed out, she may not be as strong as a person as she seems. The fact that she is always skipping classes may, in itself, indicate that she probably has a lot of personal problems, almost as if she doesn't care. Even in the first episode, she had told Hiro that no one in her family was home...on Christmas! This may be another foreshadow that she has family problems as well. Overall, she seems to be a lot of a weaker person than she is putting on.

AngelLily said:

I think the issue here is more like Miyako clinging desperately to the one person that acknowledges her. She doesn't want him to forget her, because she doesn't want to disappear. What Kei said caused so much impact on her that she even lost the confident posture she's had the other episodes. She's showing her true colors: being dependant on Hiro, just like Kei herself is.

I agree with you here. It's probably why I like Miyako more than Kei. She seems like such a strong person, considering her circumstances if our hypothesis is correct. You can't help but feel sympathy for her.
Nov 14, 2007 6:08 PM

Jul 2007
MM805 said:

Dammit, Kei must win!

Hah, I completely agree!

Anyway, the beginning was funny, it was a good way to start it off.
I loved when Kei and Miyako were talking and the train tracks. And yes! Go Kei!!! =D I'm so happy that she's fighting back now.

It was so wonderful when Chihiro was reaching out and Renji was there. They are so cute together. I can't wait to see the next episode. Holy crap, I love this anime.
Nov 15, 2007 1:58 AM

Apr 2007
Awesome ep. This is officially my fav anime of the season. Its brilliance. *also love the new ed ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2007 7:15 AM

Nov 2007
a decent episode. loved the last part wherein renji held chihiro's hand. :D
Nov 15, 2007 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
Man, this series is just getting better and better. The drama is started to build up. My guess is that we will see the scene between Miyako and Kei 2nd confrontation that show in the prologue video pretty soon. Looking forward for the next episode
Nov 15, 2007 2:24 PM

Aug 2007
God I love this series.

From the difference in characters from the usual romance anime I've seen, it's not using gratuitous exposing shots of the female cast to get attention.

The music and animation has been wonderful throughout so far, the varying camera shots made certain scenes a beauty to behold.

And the nice drama aspect that's progressing at a nice rate.

Nov 15, 2007 4:10 PM

Jun 2007
*hissssss* i dislike Kei a lot =__=
But other than that, i adooore this series!!! Chihiro is the cutest thing <3
and this ep was really cool. I liked that scene where Chihiro is Chained and reached out and Renji grabs her hand :D
magentaanbuNov 15, 2007 4:14 PM

Nov 15, 2007 4:12 PM

Jun 2007
i personally dont like kei, i am a miyako fan...

chihiro and renji's relationship looked better this time, and chihiro cosplaying in a police suit, was cute

i hope kyouske ends up with kei...
Nov 15, 2007 10:51 PM

Oct 2007
aegisreborn, i completely agree. kei can't confess due to the whole guilt thing with chihiro. c'mon people, if you blamed yourself for something like that, would you really feel comfortable confessing and esnuring that you can be happy while your sibling could never
Nov 16, 2007 3:06 AM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
I think the whole thing with Kei is, shes scared of loosing him completely.They've been somewhat close since they where very young and I think deep inside she feels scared to tell him to his face, her feelings because of the whole accident with her sister. Subconsciously shes probably thinking it would be wrong to tell him her feelings. She feels guilty for her sisters accident and she doesn't think she should become happy by asking him out. You can kind of see this after watching the ep where the sister gets hit by the car. Kei looked like she was extremely close to him before that and then after the accident kind of backed away as a possible lover and turned more into a younger sister. So right now shes having a hard time trying to figure out what to do. At least thats how I see it.

ps. No ones relationship changed in this ep so theres nothing to update in my relationship chart.

Quoted because ther's finally someone who has a good analysis of Kei's personality :)

Else.. I really love the Chihiro x Renji relationship, and I'm really hoping for more screentime for them. It was so sweet that she could reach Renji's hand when she was tied with that chain :)

And that non and the church man..(don't remember his name right now) they are connected to each other somehow, but I don't know excatly how, but It's obvious that he's supposed to meet her at that church.

Anyway.. love this series! I really want more chihiro screentime..
Nov 16, 2007 7:00 PM
Oct 2007
wow this series has never disappointed me so far, i love it!!! the art, animation, story, characters, romance, emotions are perfect

i think Miyako is going to do something emo on the next episode :(
Nov 16, 2007 7:02 PM

Oct 2007
konataotaku said:
wow this series has never disappointed me so far, i love it!!! the art, animation, story, characters, romance, emotions are perfect

Hey, I like Miyako. :/
Nov 17, 2007 4:41 AM

Apr 2007
AegisReborn said:
konataotaku said:

Hey, I like Miyako. :/

Me too... -_- I think Miyako is going to do something bold next episode.
Nov 18, 2007 9:08 AM
Oct 2007
Another good episode!
Nov 19, 2007 9:52 AM

Oct 2006
Well, every aspect of the episode as more or less been addressed.. so I'll just say it was the episode I most enjoyed so far.
Nov 19, 2007 7:44 PM

Oct 2007
as i stated before, it is a good ep, but whos sad that the series is half over already, they really should've made it 24 eps instead
Dec 17, 2007 7:57 PM

Feb 2007
Episodes 4-6 were top-notch. The beautiful art and animation is very consistant, and the dialogue is very well done. I can't decide over Kei and Miyako. Both of them have their good and bad aspects.
Feb 16, 2008 10:31 AM

Feb 2008
Another awesome episode.
I think Miyako will lose to Kei, mostly because the way she reacted to Kei's "attack", and because of the 99 e-mail thing.

Mar 15, 2008 5:10 PM

Feb 2008
Nope, Miyako won't lose. She's just reacting to what Kei said because of her "past". The words of Kei just pointedly to the past of Miyako. So she's definitely ATTACKED. Haha!

I love the series. This is really perfect! Oh come on. There's nothing bad I can complain.
Apr 6, 2008 2:23 AM

Apr 2007
What better way to start an episode than a declaration of war? Kei going on the offensive brings the drama up another notch but she needs to steady her resolve and follow through completely if she expects to win. She botched her chance when Hiro was carrying her on his back so this gives Miyako some room to work with. After 99 messages I don't see Miyako as one to give up.

Once again Himura warns Renji not to get involved with Chihiro. Things have been going very well for them with the story progressing nicely and Renji's success in procuring a unform to get Chihiro to accompany him to school. I'm waiting for the moment of strife or discord to come about in their relationship.

And ROFL at Kuze and his uniform collection.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 20, 2008 11:11 PM

Dec 2007
I'm tired so I'll keep this brief. Kuze with all of his uniforms was pretty hilarious. Miyako is crazy as hell and it seems she doesn't take kindly to people standing her up.

#NBHNC
May 21, 2008 11:41 PM

May 2008
"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

hiro is screwed.
Jun 9, 2008 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
haha... I bet Kuze-san has some eechi books in HIS room... the perv :P

Anywaaays!!! Another AWESOME episode!!

But wait... let me get this straight.... Kei isn't REALLY related to Hirono is she?? Cause that makes the whole love triangle a wee bit..... odd o_O

Sig WILL change soon~
Jun 9, 2008 11:28 PM

May 2008
no kei isnt related to hiro
Jun 10, 2008 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
Desian said:
no kei isnt related to hiro

Thanks ^-^... That makes me greatly less confused >///<

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 9, 2008 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
Amazing episode, a lot of good and deep drama.
Oct 9, 2008 4:49 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode, but damn, I really hate Kei.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Oct 16, 2007

95 by kagamiiin »»
Sep 27, 1:21 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

200 by PrawnGuard »»
Aug 14, 9:14 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Way15 - Oct 22, 2007

65 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 24, 3:16 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sobzob - Oct 10, 2007

132 by RGreatDanton »»
Jul 23, 7:37 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Dec 4, 2007

187 by Miryy »»
Jul 11, 2:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.