Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 11, 2011 5:03 AM

Aug 2007

LAST MINUTE FANSERVICE no desu
Sep 11, 2011 5:33 AM

May 2008
tear jerking episode.. fff
:(
Sep 11, 2011 7:08 AM

Jun 2008
nooo they killed him?

and oh so yaoi hahaha XD

I want to see that mm bunny making him fried rice XD

and oh my god I want him saved or something
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Sep 11, 2011 7:37 AM

Jun 2010
Kotesu is the best character, he better not die. ( Near-dying, retiring, I like better.)

GODDAMIT SUNRISE, DON'T YOU DARE END IT TRAGICALLY. (Actually, scratch that, I like tragic endings without characters dying.)

Anyway, great episode. Lunatic, just guessing, has to have something to do with the ending, please let it be killing (orarrestingprobablykilling) Maverick. Either way, the heroes will kick his ass.
Sep 11, 2011 8:32 AM

Sep 2010
Even though I saw spoilers for Kotetsu's death, I still bawled my eyes out when it actually happened. T3T

This is the one time I seriously wouldn't mind the cheesiest, most cliched way of reviving someone, as long as Kotetsu lives. ;-;

Have a dying/dream sequence with Tomoe, have her tell Kotetsu to get back on his feet, then have Kotetsu waking up in a hospital after a long coma....anythinggggg!!!! *begs* ;-;
spicybeefstewSep 11, 2011 8:41 AM
Sep 11, 2011 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
IceAndCream said:

Tiger! Don't be dead! They wouldn't really kill him off, right? They never kill of main characters, heh heh... ^^;

Sep 11, 2011 9:21 AM
Jul 2011
xShiroSakura said:
IceAndCream said:

Tiger! Don't be dead! They wouldn't really kill him off, right? They never kill of main characters, heh heh... ^^;

Difference is those characters were evil or at least morally wrong, Sunrise does a lot of Mecha, a genre closely related to war, in war characters die so it's a necessity, not only that some of the popular characters are evil, Lelouch was no saint, anyone with a sane mind should have predicted his eventual death, you see it is questionable to leave alive a character that has done so much evil.

Tiger is not evil, he is a saint haha, a HERO, the fact they killed him off an episode before the end makes me think that he may come back somehow.

Rurupoi, where did you get your spoilers?

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Sep 11, 2011 9:41 AM

Apr 2009
Kotetsu...

Sep 11, 2011 10:16 AM

Apr 2008
Personally I'm only barely considering the possibility that he's really actually dead, but it's sort of interesting to think of what it would do to Barnaby. He obsessed for most of his life over losing his family and then just recently lost one old caretaker and was betrayed by the other. Then right after he loses his best and possibly only friend? The guy is practically cursed. While I'm sure they're on fine terms, Barnaby and the other heroes haven't really shown much developing relationship. By all rights this would probably destroy him. Least after he rips Maverick's heart from his chest.

mystik said:
if he does die, I'd imagine a time skip similar to TTGL. Kaede becomes the new main character and Wild Tiger. she's a hot shot rookie who gets paired up with the veteran Barnaby. who kept being a hero all these years in memory of his friend Kotetsu. occasionally the others guest star to give advice to Kaede. Antonio is around, and Blue Rose is like a role model to her. Bunny is overly harsh and critical and he tries to do everything so she doesn't get hurt.

it could be fun, but without Tiger it wouldn't be the same. just like a lot of people preferred Kamina in TTGL.

Sounds like a reasonable followup. I don't dislike this idea in the unlikely case that Kotetsu dies. Though I gotta say Blue Rose would be a terrible role model. Bet Dragon Kid would still be on the team if they did that, though no longer kid and probably with a figure that outshines Blue Rose whether Paolin likes it or not.
BioSep 11, 2011 10:20 AM
Sep 11, 2011 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
Really, cause this isn't the LAST episode? What kind of excuse is that when this is the SECOND to last episode. Like someone said, it would make sense if he DID die, because he's pretty much served his purpose. Yea Mai-Hime did revive folks, but that's because they had the power to do that, what in this series could possibly do that?

If he would have just passed out like we saw, then there would be more a chance, but you have to remember after the credits, his moniker literally SHUT OFF, and the 2 guys were worried as shit, cause they know what that means. And then his face shining in the light with the ultra sad music don't make it no better.....

Face it, its a good possibility the guy is dead, hell the title for next episode is IMMORTAL EXISTENCE
Sep 11, 2011 10:48 AM

Dec 2009
This better not be another Kamina stunt. I mean Kaede finally learns the truth and sees kotetsu in action. Starting the count down for the last ep.
Sep 11, 2011 11:57 AM

Jan 2011
HE ISN'T GOING TO DIE WILD TIGER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ARE PEOPLE BEING SO NEGATIVE!?!? SAYING HE IS GONNA DIE!?!? STFU YO!
[center]
Sep 11, 2011 11:58 AM
Jun 2011
Lol Sunrise.
Sep 11, 2011 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
What surprises me is how emotionally unaffected I was by Kotetsu's "death". I am not the most hard-hearted of watchers (Ano Hana saw me regularly tear up, and I was a wreck after Clannad. Even Gosick was pretty hard when they did the flashbacks to Victorique's childhood and Homura's backstory required several pauses and eye-wipings in Madoka), but I was dry-eyed throughout this episode. It may be that they were just too effective at making Kotetsu into a marvelous comic character that is larger than life, or it might be that I just don't think he can really be dead in order to make this plot work. It may also be because Bunny seemed to be having the most emotional reaction and I just don't find him that sympathetic--now if it had been Blue Rose or Kaede that might have been a different story.

I just don't think the rest of the characters are strong enough to support an episode on their own, let alone a whole season. Kotetsu is the glue that keeps this show together and I can't see them doing a second season without him.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 11, 2011 12:34 PM
Oct 2010
The final episode's name is eternal immortality? DAMN. NOOOOOOOO!
Sep 11, 2011 12:46 PM

Jan 2009
TIGER IS MY FAV =[

Sep 11, 2011 1:02 PM

Jan 2011
rodac said:

I just don't think the rest of the characters are strong enough to support an episode on their own, let alone a whole season. Kotetsu is the glue that keeps this show together and I can't see them doing a second season without him.

The same was said about Lelouch, and look what show has a new season coming
Sep 11, 2011 1:06 PM

Jan 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
rodac said:

Completely new setting , completely new characters (except C.C.) basically it's a whole different anime.
[center]
Sep 11, 2011 1:13 PM

Jan 2011
VioLink said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
rodac said:

Completely new setting , completely new characters (except C.C.) basically it's a whole different anime.

Which is EXTREMELY easy to do here, hell you don't even have to change the setting, just take a lesson from power rangers, new year, new costumes, new teens with attitude :p
Sep 11, 2011 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
I guess it was just me who burst out laughing at the last scene?

I really like Tiger and I feel sorry for him if he died, but all that kept going through my head was how over dramatised it was (animation as well) and that it was just yaoi fan fodder. I could just hear the fans squealing in my head... so I had to laugh. xD
Sep 11, 2011 1:53 PM
Jan 2011
NOOOOO!!!! Tiger can't die! He still has to try Barnaby's rice XD
Seriously, though, was I the only one that laughed at that part?
Sep 11, 2011 2:47 PM
Aug 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
fluttershy said:
the yaoi is in danger!

so mean!
Sep 11, 2011 2:49 PM
Aug 2011
riisikukka said:
Laurus said:
The animation was HORRIBLE!

And I was thinking it looked unusually good. :D

The fanservice was indeed good. I screamed like a fangirl nearly the whole episode. I sighed in a bliss every time Barnaby was screaming "Kotetsu" throughout the whole fighting scene...

It was prrrrrrrefect for all the fangirls out there. *sigh* such bliss. i agree completely
Sep 11, 2011 3:11 PM
Dec 2009
As much as I don't want Tiger to die, that episode pretty much confirms his death. I really wouldn't want sunrise pulling another Jesus Yamato.
Sep 11, 2011 3:31 PM

Apr 2011
ephemeralM said:

TigerXBunny said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:
fluttershy said:
the yaoi is in danger!

so mean!
Wayero said:
I agree with everything you stated about this series, it totally went downhill after the Jake arc.

The final boss they had to fight was a android? Wow, that kills the raw emotions, if they had to kill a person (evil or not). Sky High android girlfriend had more emotion than this few episodes thats left. I would of been happy, if the episodes after Jake arc was random side stories or back stories with Blue Rose, Dragon Kid and the others. This show could of profit bit more with exportations from Dragon Kid possible moe!
Sep 11, 2011 3:52 PM
Dec 2008
I don't think Tiger will die, or atleast i hope not, but I have a feeling they will kill off Lunatic instead, but he won't die as a "bad guy". That's what im hoping. Id be sad if Lunatic died, but I cried for like hours after watching Kotetsu like that....I just coudln't take it.
Sep 11, 2011 4:24 PM

Feb 2011
This show has so many clichés that I doubt this being the end of Tiger.
Sep 11, 2011 5:19 PM
Mar 2009
MorningGlory said:
that scene remind me of piccolo..

Me too haha.
Oh and Kaede also does a kamehameha
Sep 11, 2011 5:26 PM

Nov 2008
Main heroes don't die. Main heroes don't die. Main heroes don't die.
Sep 11, 2011 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
I'm assuming they are gonna toss Lunatic back in at the last second. Maverick is going to have realized that the one guy is Lunatic because he keeps grabbing his injury, and brainwash him into fighting the heroes, etc. Cause there is no way hes going down quietly, especially when its a whole episode.
Sep 11, 2011 6:42 PM

Apr 2011
kirby_422 said:
I'm assuming they are gonna toss Lunatic back in at the last second. Maverick is going to have realized that the one guy is Lunatic because he keeps grabbing his injury, and brainwash him into fighting the heroes, etc. Cause there is no way hes going down quietly, especially when its a whole episode.
Lunatic finish off Maverick sounds good, the heroes don't have the balls to kill.

Both Lunatic and Maverick are taking a leak next to each other in the mens room and he pulls out bow to kill.

Good ending.
Sep 11, 2011 9:05 PM

Apr 2010
tiger better not die and leave his daughter behind ...
Sep 11, 2011 9:13 PM
Sep 2011
Wayero said:
Way to stack on the cliche.

Having the heroes locked up in those rooms turned out to be irrelevant to the plot at hand. If he was going to kill them he should have just done it.

I'm hoping that Kotetsu is miraculously saved in the next episode just because of the way they've allowed the second half of the season to be so cliche. That would be a good way to top off the weak second half.

I'm very disappointed that they showcased Kotetsu's decreasing power just to lead up to that. They never really touched on the fact that although it was decreasing in time it increased in ability. If that were the case Kotetsu should have been able to defeat Barbaby and possibly H-01. That would have been something I would have enjoyed.

Instead, we get the well overdone self sacrifice while holding the unbeatable enemy. I believe I saw that in Dragonball at least 4 times.

Can someone give me a reason why Lunatic is a character? I no longer understand his purpose. I am let down by the misuse of such a great character that could have stirred up some controversy about what it means to be a hero.

Nope, we got weakly devised plot with an android (is there a reason why only 1 robot was made?)

Anyone who wants to contradict what I say please do. It might help me feel a little better about the direction this show took after Jake. I know I have complained every week, but there really isn't anything else for me to watch this season.

i normally dislike comments like these...but as i read it, i found that i had many of these thoughts as well.

during the fight with the android, when they kick the gun out of his hands, i was just thinking the whole time "take the gun and shoot it. it's just walking slowly after one of you anyway."

meh, i don't dislike how things turned out; i actually thought it was pretty interesting. but yeah, there were a lot of things that made me go "why don't they just do this?"

what you said about Lunatic is very true as well. i kept expecting him to do something cool. :P
Sep 11, 2011 10:27 PM

Dec 2009
I have a hard time believing that they would kill Kotetsu at this point. I'm not saying it's impossible, but they spent the entire show up until now trying to develop Kotetsu and Barnaby's relationship/partnership and addressing Barnaby's past *cough*trust issues*cough*. I don't see what the point would be in going through all that only to have Bunny be responsible for killing his friend/partner. It just doesn't make sense to me from a narrative standpoint.

I didn't like the bit with the other heroes and the weird Saw-esque situation at all. I thought it was rather boring. I never for a second thought that one of the heroes would press the button on the collar, and didn't need to be reminded that ~*~friendship is magic♥~*~, so all those scenes felt really pointless/annoying to me.

I'd like to see Lunatic/Yuri play a proper role in the final episode. It seemed like he was suspicious of Maverick, and I agree with the people before me that have said that his character was underutilized thus far.

mystik said:
if he does die, I'd imagine a time skip similar to TTGL. Kaede becomes the new main character and Wild Tiger. she's a hot shot rookie who gets paired up with the veteran Barnaby. who kept being a hero all these years in memory of his friend Kotetsu. occasionally the others guest star to give advice to Kaede. Antonio is around, and Blue Rose is like a role model to her. Bunny is overly harsh and critical and he tries to do everything so she doesn't get hurt.
As an alternative, I sort of like this...(Well, minus Blue Rose being her role model--a big-sister-type confidante would be preferable, in my opinion.) And really, this could still work as a basic setup for a second series even if Kotetsu survives and retires...
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Sep 12, 2011 12:19 AM

Apr 2011
Wildsleven said:
tiger better not die and leave his daughter behind ...
Not important as leaving a traumatize adult who has super powers >_>
Sep 12, 2011 12:54 AM

Nov 2006
ok i was flat out laughing at most of this episode, especially at kotetsu's "final" words and his "death". if he's truly dead (lol sunrise) i'll feel bad... actually i won't because damn that was cheesy.

come on man you can't die! i'm learning how to make fried rice!

Tenchi_Ryu said:
rodac said:

HEY WATCH IT LELOUCH ISN'T DEAD!!!!
windySep 12, 2011 12:58 AM
Sep 12, 2011 1:17 AM
Feb 2009
Shett this has to be the best and worst episode of the show =(((
Sep 12, 2011 1:22 AM

Oct 2008
http://thisissternbild.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/episode-24-or-lets-believe-heroes/

This article and its comments pretty much sum up everything I think about this episode exactly. T&B has its cliches, but it embraces them; it can be hammy and predictable, but still get away with itself due to its great characterization. I don't think Tiger's going to kick the bucket, as others have said, it would completely kill the point of his development throughout the series, especially considering his relationships with Kaede and Barnaby. Another reason would be a season 2 (you know its going to happen), and you damn well can't have a Tiger and Bunny without Kotetsu, as he is this franchises' most popular and important character by far; Sato and Sunrise would be shooting themselves in the foot by eliminating Kotetsu here (at least, if they do indeed proceed to a S2).

Anyways -- is it Saturday yet?
DangerrSep 12, 2011 8:33 AM
Sep 12, 2011 11:02 AM

Apr 2009
ephemeralM said:

And every single fujoshi watching this:

Sep 12, 2011 1:10 PM

May 2011
Well, I liked the episode itself.. but some stuff was just plain stupid..

The ending was cool, I rather liked that Kotetsu got hit by it. It shows that Heroes get damaged/die too.

What really SUCKED though, was how Origami got out. He used his freakin' shuriken to cut the door. That's not a power. If the door was that weak, he could've gotten out even with the band on his neck.

I was wondering why there was no word on his powers declining these past few episodes, but that was just an anti-climax. It seemed like a cool subplot, but that one moment was all they gave it? C'mon!

And wasn't it down to like 3 minutes before?

Meh.
Sep 13, 2011 3:27 AM
Jun 2008
Wayero said:
Way to stack on the cliche.

Having the heroes locked up in those rooms turned out to be irrelevant to the plot at hand. If he was going to kill them he should have just done it.

I'm hoping that Kotetsu is miraculously saved in the next episode just because of the way they've allowed the second half of the season to be so cliche. That would be a good way to top off the weak second half.

I'm very disappointed that they showcased Kotetsu's decreasing power just to lead up to that. They never really touched on the fact that although it was decreasing in time it increased in ability. If that were the case Kotetsu should have been able to defeat Barbaby and possibly H-01. That would have been something I would have enjoyed.

Instead, we get the well overdone self sacrifice while holding the unbeatable enemy. I believe I saw that in Dragonball at least 4 times.

Can someone give me a reason why Lunatic is a character? I no longer understand his purpose. I am let down by the misuse of such a great character that could have stirred up some controversy about what it means to be a hero.

Nope, we got weakly devised plot with an android (is there a reason why only 1 robot was made?)

Anyone who wants to contradict what I say please do. It might help me feel a little better about the direction this show took after Jake. I know I have complained every week, but there really isn't anything else for me to watch this season.

you started hating this show 10 episodes ago... You're just looking for things that you find cliche. Maybe you've watched too many anime.

Because you've started bashing this show like 10 episodes ago. It's hard to just come back from that and say you do actually like this show, cause you have to come back on your words.

And as always, its easier to hate on something then to look for the good elements of the anime/story or whatever.

Good episode, really don't want tiger to die. But I don't have much hope he survives considering the title of the last episode: 'Eternal immortality'

Seems to me like a, 'he will be forever with us in our mind/heart', thing.
Sep 13, 2011 4:20 AM

Nov 2010
Somewhat they killed that mechanical hero in some instant bulb over the head moment while being tossed by him around the room most of the episode. Can one last episode really make any difference and tie up the series neatly? I dont know..
Sep 13, 2011 9:06 AM
Jun 2011
Well it would be a cop out have Tiger miraculously survive and he obviously isn't going to get killed off so obviously he is going to become a cyborg thanks to Bunny's parent's research.
Sep 13, 2011 11:35 AM
Jan 2011
Kotetsu dead? Seriously guys there is still one more episode to go.
Sep 13, 2011 12:39 PM

Jun 2010
Dangerr said:
http://thisissternbild.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/episode-24-or-lets-believe-heroes/

Nice article. And that last paragraph, I would really love it if that'd happen. So perfectly appropriate for this show.

I want this anime to end in a giant group hug. Come on Sunrise, it's the right thing to do.
Sep 13, 2011 1:55 PM
Dec 2007
Nice surprise at the end. The rest was average for a big action episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 13, 2011 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
"SPECIAL BEAM CANNON!"

Yeah, we were all thinking it. This show has had its dark moments, but I never expected them to take Tiger down. I'll have a bit of a b*tch fit if they do finish him. He'll always be in my hall-of-fame of good characters even if he does bite the dust. Which he won't. He definitely won't...

Sep 13, 2011 6:08 PM

Jan 2011
Two things which lead me to believe Tiger isn't dead.

1. That freaking laser utterly destroyed the robot and made a huge hole in the wall behind it, but Tiger comes out with his torso IN TACT?

2. I just don't feel it from this anime for that sort of "main character dies ending". It just isn't in the atmosphere. Just look at the way how incompetent the villains are at actually killing.
Sep 13, 2011 7:14 PM
Jul 2009
If tiger does come back, I'm just hoping that it has something to do with his power, considering that they already showcased that it can be used for healing earlier on in the season.

And now that Kaede's used the ice power, it seems more like she actually only does get the last power she copied, in which case, where did her levitating + magnetism come from when she first "awakened", and where did she get kotetsu's power from (because she had levitation when he was on the train)? Either I missed something or this is confusin me.
Sep 13, 2011 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
Noo~!! Not Kotetsu! He cant be dead! He's just too awesome! D:

I nearly cried at that scene. I was so close to crying D:

Cant wait for the final episode~

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.