Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Feb 17, 2011 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
sexiji said:
darkzero999 said:
I will go with the amoral Kybei over the evil one. Amoral villains/heroes are always interesting. It makes the show less back and white.

He's definitely working toward his own goal, which makes him that much more endearing ^^

"Hey! This is a great opportunity for you to become a Puella Magi. Pleasepleaseplease make a contract with me, Madoka?"

You cannot really say Kyubei is evil. He is still helping just that his methods are just does not feel right.

Just a guess rather than wishing for something Madoka actually wished to me a puella magica. Thus compounding to her powers. Making her the most powerful.

It's been at the back of my mind for some time now. Kyebei looks a lot like kokomon from digimon. They also have similar alignment(amoral).
Feb 17, 2011 3:55 PM
Dec 2007
artemisthemp said:
Madoka could use her wish to bring Mami back to life.

Kyubey newer said how long the wish could go
From the way the other Mahou Shoujos have made it sound the wish is not all-powerfull. Think about it a little. why wouldn't Mami wish for her family to be brought back to life back at the accident? Plus all the others have kept harping on about how Mahou Shoujo's just die and are forgotten. It would be rather silly if all of a sudden someone went "oh wait, let's just wish for her to come back to life".

Feb 21, 2011 2:47 PM

Jan 2009
This was a really ominous episode, and Kyubey's just getting more and more creepy each passing episode. I honestly don't know what to expect with each coming episode.
Feb 21, 2011 6:18 PM

Nov 2007
Leon-Gun said:
Think about it a little. why wouldn't Mami wish for her family to be brought back to life back at the accident?

Because than her family would be alive while she was dead?
The moment QB appeared, her parents were dead and she was on the verge of dying herself.
She said it herself, she didn't have a choice, so her only option was:
I don't want to die.
In my opinion (and dragging Faust into it) she added: 'alone', because she was saying she'd never been so happy right before she died, i.e her wish came true.
I'm not sure, but I think the anime and the manga are based on the script.
In the manga, her wish is simply: Help.

Omniknight said:

Now why did you do that?
cleoFeb 21, 2011 6:26 PM
Feb 21, 2011 6:21 PM

Jul 2009
Holy crap. I thought Sayaka died at first. Thank GOD she didn't >_<
Glad Madoka tried to do something ... except that it didn't work out because, mega revalation ... I never really thought their actual SOULS would be in their Soul gem, but it does make sense - the name, how he like rips it out of their chests ...
Madoka's mom is awesome lol
Woah plot development. I hope that they form a team ... Homura is better now that she went through all that trouble to save Sayaka. Thank you! :3
Feb 23, 2011 5:28 AM

Sep 2008
Awesome. After 5 episodes of meh, the show has finally become awesome with this episode. 5/5
Feb 25, 2011 8:14 PM
Nov 2010
This episode reminds of Ghost in the Shell somehow... xD
Mar 22, 2011 3:42 PM
Mar 2010
Kyubee is evil, really!!! This show is ever more shockness.....
Homura is character with more secrets, Kyoko, instead has most personality.....
and Madoka.... what she will be, will is she finally a maho shoujo???

next to 7th ep
Mar 24, 2011 5:37 PM
May 2008
I feel sorry for anyone taking this shit seriously. Madoka is 2011's Angel Beats, and that is something a show should never strive for.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 24, 2011 6:36 PM

Dec 2010
NeloDeath said:
I feel sorry for anyone taking this shit seriously. Madoka is 2011's Angel Beats, and that is something a show should never strive for.

I profoundly respect personal opinions. Everyone is intitled to their opinion, like it or not.

However, you stepped outside that line and went out and attacked the viewers.
Therefore...

I'm not sure where to start pointing out the flaws in your taste.
I haven't watched Angel Beats, by from it's summary, it has absolutely nothing to do with Madoka.
Plus, both have received widespread praise. I'm not one to trust popular opinion that much, but it's outcome is undeniable in certain occasions. This is one of them.

But perhaps ever worse, is that all of this is nonsense coming from someone who was one of the few who actually enjoyed P&S. Creepy.

Don't go out randomly throwing anime you didn't like into the cosmic bag of Nelo's crappy anime, as if they had anything in common apart from your dislike, and impose that criteria on people.

I shall go no further in my criticism, because this kind of negative discussion does not fit my character. But you certainly know that there are certain, specific people, and sentences declared by them, that make your blood boil for a second. This is one of those cases.

Have a good day.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 28, 2011 9:00 AM

Mar 2010
Ahhh this ep was so great also~! I just love the graphic effects in this series *w* Almost half of the scenes could be my wallpaper *w*
And I like Homura :3
SHAFT rzl!
Mar 29, 2011 3:09 PM
Jun 2010
I love the ending of this chapter, soul gem plot is astonishing ^^
Mar 29, 2011 7:19 PM

Jul 2008
Kyubey is a troll.
Apr 1, 2011 12:25 AM
Mar 2009
Holy shit, what is with Kyubey wanting Madoka to make a contract with him so badly?

lol, Rocky sticks

I officially hate Madoka so much now...her level of naivety is appalling...Oh god, when she threw away Sayaka's Soul Gem...*facepalm*

So Sayaka woke up without remembering what just happened? Wonder if she'll react the same way Kyoko reacted.
Apr 7, 2011 3:46 AM

Dec 2010
Sakura is such a cold-blooded person. Perhaps that's the thing I like about her.
Deal with Kyubey turns out to be way closer to deal with the Devil himself, instead of white magic. I knew that such a deals must have way greater price, than just making you stronger and need to fight the bad guys =\.
Apr 7, 2011 10:36 AM

Aug 2010
I had to look up Walpurgisnacht, and Wikipedia tells me Dutch people celebrate it LOL dude I haven't even heard of it before so no, but it's soon isn't it. o.o

I think they'll air the final on that night. And Kyuubey is just evil svgdvabvv. Hate that... thing.
Apr 7, 2011 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
i don't get all the hate for madoka...
you're all so smart with post-thinking

anyway for a moment she was sure sayaka was really dead, so at least you can be happy she got (even for little time) the shock of having killed her friend with her naiveness :/

and if kyubey does its business right the soulgems should not be so fragile to be brocken by a mere truck >.>

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 7, 2011 5:50 PM

Dec 2010
Heh... I've seen a lot of people who dislike naiveness. I don't. Naiveness can be a good thing, it can make you act in ways more experienced people wouldn't, fearing for the consequences. It lifts mental barriers. And sometimes, that very naiveness can be the key to victory, against foes which logic, experience and reason would deem as impossible to beat.

I just dislike Madoka's naiveness in the way that it demonstrates itself by her belief that everything will be okay somehow, not by fighting for it in ways that are considered naive.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Apr 7, 2011 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
Holy fuck I want to kill kyubei so bad now that mother fu...

What an amoral bastard. Even kyoko was pissed about that revelation.

God damn.

Aside from that, kyoko + pocky = win

Apr 8, 2011 4:42 AM

Feb 2011
BrickBreak said:
Heh... I've seen a lot of people who dislike naiveness. I don't. Naiveness can be a good thing, it can make you act in ways more experienced people wouldn't, fearing for the consequences. It lifts mental barriers. And sometimes, that very naiveness can be the key to victory, against foes which logic, experience and reason would deem as impossible to beat.
agree on that
BrickBreak said:
I just dislike Madoka's naiveness in the way that it demonstrates itself by her belief that everything will be okay somehow, not by fighting for it in ways that are considered naive.
that is difficult to discriminate, it can be a naive hope, or the resolve to never completely lose to desperation
i like to think it's the second :P

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 9, 2011 6:46 AM

Feb 2011
"birds of feather bugs me together too bad sakura wons the best outfit" :D

but didn't expect kyubei is like this
he's the kind that pissed me off! taking things normally and talking calmly when things are getting worser..duuh! such a great twist of event *_*
Apr 9, 2011 11:56 AM

Jul 2010
Amazing episode yet again.

Kyuubey, you twisted, manipulative little bastard...though I agree with those that say he's amoral, rather than immoral. In any case though, his complete disregard for everyone's lives and the :3 face makes me wanna strangle him. Not to mention, the part where he devours the Grief Seed with a mouth on his back was a bit disturbing. Perhaps he's gonna be revealed as the final villain?

The last half of the episode had me on the edge of my seat. Madoka really took her mom's advice the wrong way, though I don't really blame her for trying to save Sayaka from a wretched fate. That was a terrible move though, thank god Homura's such a beast.

Other great moments include Madoka's talk with her mom, it had me chuckling at quite a few moments, and I do find her words of wisdom to be quite truthful.
Apr 15, 2011 9:07 PM

Jul 2009
NeloDeath said:

This at least makes some sense. Angel Beats doesn't even try.
Apr 21, 2011 5:18 PM

Feb 2010
Damn Kyubey is one evil son of a bitch. Excellent episode lots of info about how magical girls actually work. Kinda messed up how Kyubey rips out their souls.
Apr 21, 2011 7:02 PM

Aug 2009
I decided to pick up Madoka again and I just watched episode 6... Just some more melodrama because the characters are one dimensional as fuck.

YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING WRONG FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND... Wh-what? The reasoning behind it: YOU SHOULD MAKE MISTAKES BEFORE YOU BECOME AN ADULT, but how the fuck can you purposely do a mistake? it wouldn't be mistake then.

DURR HURR, YOU SHOULD BREAK HIS LEGS AND ARMS SO HE'LL BE YOURS FOREVER, SO EDGY. Yeah whatever Kyoko.

And lastly, Kyubei is right on the giant robot shell. It makes sense to fight with a stronger body. So, why are you CRYING AGAIN MADOKA? WHAT'S HORRIBLE? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE, STOP FUCKING CRYING. and now suddenly Kyoko is not such a one dimensional bitch anymore and acts surprised at Kyubei's decision. "How terrible, I now have a stronger body".

Oh yeah, when will Madoka become a magical girl yet? I don't know how anyone could stand this anime. It's whining, whining and even more whining.
Apr 30, 2011 3:30 AM

Jul 2010
Just finished six minutes of this episode and I really feel like I want to go into this anime and beat the ^%%& out of that cat >:(
Seriously! he's totally blackmailing them to bacome Magical Girls!

Also, I think he's colllecting those Grief Seeds in order to create the ultimate witch..
I really can't even assume he's on the right side since the second ep

oh..and Homura seems to know a lot.. she jumped right when she noticed that Kanade threw the gem
TehNullApr 30, 2011 4:42 AM
Apr 30, 2011 11:20 AM
Apr 2011
Her mum talked bull***
Seriously, what kind of advice is that?! LMAO xD
They just made her say that so Madoka's gonna be a magical girl, too.. <.< (I do hope she'll not form a contract with Kyuubey and somehow find another way to become a magical girl.. I doubt it though since it seems to be the only way to become one... )
Some things are still predictable imo..
But still, pretty good anime for being a magical girl one! ^^ There should be more shoujo's like this one! ^_^ (more dark-themed..)
May 2, 2011 8:40 AM
Oct 2010
stevewiess01 said:
AND Kyubei officially becomes the EVIL MASCOT character as he doesn't seem to care about people's lives

Nah, I just watched 6th episode and I still haven't figured out why does everyone have to be so mean to Kyubey. I mean, COME ON! You have problems If you hate this face -> /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Seriously. It's not like he forces the girls to be a mahou shoujo, being one is their own decision.
May 2, 2011 9:28 AM

Oct 2008
Kind of like saying "Stop complaining about gas prices! It's their choice to buy gas!"
But is it really a choice?

Same thing here. It's your choice to be a magical girl. It's just... that you'll have to watch helplessly while the people around you die.
May 9, 2011 6:08 PM
Apr 2009
I liked how they were all enemies, but all worked together in the end (Well worked together, ya know what I mean) I hate seeing 100% bad guys, its cool there's a mix of feelings.

And I love her teleports..damn lol. But yea she is prob. from the future, or somewhat related.
May 18, 2011 12:10 PM
Feb 2008
I knew that fucker was off.

So basically you're body gets changed into a vessel to house magic and the "real you" aka soul is in those magic rings/pods?

If that's the case..why did Mami die when her head was eaten? As long as her gem or ring is in tact she should be able to heal. I smell conspiracy
May 18, 2011 12:44 PM
Feb 2010
thatguy said:
I knew that fucker was off.

So basically you're body gets changed into a vessel to house magic and the "real you" aka soul is in those magic rings/pods?

If that's the case..why did Mami die when her head was eaten? As long as her gem or ring is in tact she should be able to heal. I smell conspiracy

Remember, her soul gem gets turned into a hairpin.
May 24, 2011 9:20 PM

Mar 2011
Suddenly, these Mahou Shoujo arn't all they're cracked up to be.

Sayaka regretting it much now hmmm? Methinks so.
May 27, 2011 10:13 PM

Mar 2010
I'm loving this anime more and more....

That new information was like... damn! Poor magical girls... :(

Another Con on not contracting with Kyubey.

I'm sorry but I'm starting to hate Madoka, she's so naive!
May 28, 2011 12:21 AM

Aug 2009
Sorry , but i'm with Kyubei here. I don't think it matters so much whether their bodies are fake or not.
Jun 2, 2011 2:10 AM

Feb 2011
TyG3R said:
Sorry , but i'm with Kyubei here. I don't think it matters so much whether their bodies are fake or not.
i don't think it matters too
but that's a thing each one have to decide for him/herself, and definetly not forced (or tricked) in it if not willing

Jun 12, 2011 4:23 PM

Jan 2009
So that means Mami is still alive. Lets see if these geniuses we have been watching will ever be able to figure that one out.
Jun 12, 2011 7:10 PM

Jun 2010
burntlettuce said:
So that means Mami is still alive. Lets see if these geniuses we have been watching will ever be able to figure that one out.

Actually, she's dead for real. If you remember episode 3, Mami's soul gem was part of her hair decor, and we all know how she died...so she's really dead.
Riga92Jun 12, 2011 7:16 PM
Jun 14, 2011 2:03 AM

Aug 2010
Ok...well when Madoka threw away Sayaka's soul gem and she "died", my thoughts were "she's definitively going into a mental breakdown after this..." well in the end she was saved but still it was kinda weird..(Kyubey may be right and its really a logical way to fight, nonetheless inhuman but apparently MSs aint human anymore)

I'm sick of Kyubey trying to find any excuse to make Madoka a MS it's really annoying (that bastard...)
Jun 24, 2011 2:50 AM

May 2010
Damn it she should have stayed dead.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 30, 2011 1:53 PM

Mar 2011
"You dont need fragile human body."

Amazing development :)
Jul 4, 2011 4:05 AM

Dec 2010
badbluesplayer said:
Ok...well when Madoka threw away Sayaka's soul gem and she "died", my thoughts were "she's definitively going into a mental breakdown after this..." well in the end she was saved but still it was kinda weird..(Kyubey may be right and its really a logical way to fight, nonetheless inhuman but apparently MSs aint human anymore)

I'm sick of Kyubey trying to find any excuse to make Madoka a MS it's really annoying (that bastard...)

"Hurry! Sayaka's in trouble! Follow me!"
Hmmm, that sneaky little thing with such a deceptive face >:O
Jul 5, 2011 9:33 PM

Jan 2010
Very well-executed episode! Blue Screen of Death for Sayaka "dying."
And then finding out all the mahou shoujos are lifeless in their bodies.
Crap just keeps hitting the fan in this series!
Jul 6, 2011 1:55 PM

Apr 2009
Well that's a pretty disturbing idea...
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Jul 7, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2010
AND THE PLOT THICKENS.

Jul 10, 2011 5:23 AM

Aug 2010
That was almost 2 main characters in 6 episodes. WHYYYY.
Jul 19, 2011 8:00 PM

Mar 2010
seems kinda cool about the sould thing o.o

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 19, 2011 10:57 PM

Dec 2008
I really enjoyed this Ep. I don't like how apathetic Kyuubey is about people dying, but I suppose I could understand why. Since he isn't human his view of human lives could be comparable to the way most of us would feel about dying ants.
Jul 31, 2011 8:48 PM

Feb 2011
Madoka= annoying type character.

It was too perfect a show for me not to expect something wrong, but as always the main character pisses me off (let's be friends, anyone?).

Good episode though, and good show however, Sayaka should pimp slap the shit out of Madoka.
Aug 14, 2011 1:04 PM

Feb 2009
Kyoubey is one creepy animal if you ask me I don't trust him even more now then before as he's pressing Madoka to become a Puella Magi. I wonder what he really is after. So if the Soul Gem is the Puella Magi real form, does that me the witch's egg is the real form too.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1546 by Archean-Return »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2011

463 by Archean-Return »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

631 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 17, 2011

420 by Archean-Return »»
Today, 2:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.