Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2022 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
Are you guys hyped for the new Pokémon game?

What version and starter are you leaning towards?

Personally I think I'm going to get Pokémon Violet and have the grass starter atm.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2022 9:31 AM

Jul 2020
The game looks absolutely fantastic compared to the other mainline Pokemon games on the Switch, plus it looks like it's gonna be open world like Legends Arceus, so of course I'm excited about this game. I just hope it manages to met my expectations once it releases. Also, I'm gonna choose the grass-type starter and get Scarlet.
SmashBlackFeb 27, 2022 9:39 AM

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Feb 27, 2022 9:38 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Well, I've always picked the version after the "and" so far with the exception of Ruby Version rather than Sapphire (ie I played Blue, Silver, Pearl, White, White 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, UltraMoon, Let's GO! Eevee, Shield and Shining Pearl), so I'm not going to stop now. Especially since my best friend always picks the other version, and it just so happens their favorite color is Red (Scarlet) and mine is purple (Violet), anyways

As for the starters, I haven't decided yet. My first impression is that the Grass (I assume) cat is the coolest, but I'm sure the second stages will be revealed before release and that might make me change my mind

Based on the trailer, it looked to me like it will use Legends: Arceus overworld as a basis, which is fine with me. I was pleasantly surprised, as somebody who usually dislikes open-world games, how seamless and fun to explore that game was
My greatest contribution to this website:
Feb 27, 2022 9:41 AM
Dec 2017
Oh hell no, here comes another sword and shield b.s coming to happen and all the bootlickers for Nintendo is going to come out not looking forward for this and i'll stick to Genius Sonority and Soulsilver instead

Feb 27, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2014
Another generation of mainline games that has all the likelihood of its base game experience being whatever and ROM hackers improving it to a degree it should have been from the start after a while. Let's not forget the possibility of discarding previous gen battle gimmicks in favor of new ones that also won't come back for the gen after that.

I'm still loving the fact that there's a whole new generation of mons coming and hope there'll be a lot of good ones. Dig the fire starter ngl.
Feb 27, 2022 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
Title-wise, I like the sound of Scarlet more than Violet.
I also love the look of the first stage starter Sprigatito way more than the other two; reminds me of Fennekin. But like usual, I won't decide on the starter yet until I find out what their final evolutions look like.

The setting looks like it might be inspired by Spain or Portugal, which is awesome. The overall graphics/art style of the game doesn't look appealing to me though. But yeah, ngl, that trailer was such a surprise to see.
Feb 27, 2022 10:36 AM

May 2016
is this just the same exact game we have had for the last 25 years? should look at moist critikal review of the new archana game should try new things.
Feb 27, 2022 10:57 AM

Jul 2020
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
is this just the same exact game we have had for the last 25 years? should look at moist critikal review of the new archana game should try new things.
I don't think that that's the case. It looks like it's going to be more like Legends Arceus than the other mainline Pokemon games tbh.

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Feb 27, 2022 11:11 AM

Mar 2010
Those starters are looking good! Excited to see how the new game will look like.
Feb 27, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
Confirmed open world so I guess it'll play more like Acreus? New region looks very nice, starters look fine, but the protags are definitely the worst designed of the series. They also some uncanny valley look going on. Graphically it's still looking pretty rough like Arceus.

As for the starters, fire croc was definitely my favorite. And if Feraligatr and Krookodile are anything to go by, it's final stage will probably pretty cool looking.
Feb 27, 2022 11:58 AM

Nov 2019
Hyped? No, I have learned to expect the absolute minimum from Game Freak.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 27, 2022 12:33 PM

Jul 2020
revzy said:
Didn't you say in another thread that you thought Legends Arceus was great aside from the graphics?

Feb 27, 2022 12:52 PM

Apr 2010
Didn't they just release two games?
Feb 27, 2022 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
ACBlackJ0ck said:

Yeah last year was remake and later this year will be the new gen

Feb 27, 2022 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
TayPhox said:
ACBlackJ0ck said:

What about that Arceus game? I thought annualised releases were considered greedy by the gaming community?
Feb 27, 2022 1:50 PM

Nov 2019
SmashBlack said:
revzy said:
Didn't you say in another thread that you thought Legends Arceus was great aside from the graphics?

I did. But, that doesn't take away from the fact you should keep your expectations at a bare minimum.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 27, 2022 2:01 PM

Sep 2018
Violet outfit looks far better than scarlet. I may get it eventually though I plan to get and beat Legends 1st.
Feb 27, 2022 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
ACBlackJ0ck said:
TayPhox said:

What about that Arceus game? I thought annualised releases were considered greedy by the gaming community?

I think legends Arceus was them testing the waters maybe with a different direction for Pokémon games but idk

Feb 27, 2022 4:49 PM

Dec 2015
I mean...that's a sassy duck pose right there.

Feb 27, 2022 4:57 PM

Aug 2010
ACBlackJ0ck said:
TayPhox said:

Nintendo get a pass because nintendo. All of Pokemon's mainline games are the same game.

Feb 27, 2022 5:06 PM

Nov 2021
am i hyped? no, not really, but the game still looks good and the starters are eh good enough

"But with a twist ending like this,
I think we can all agree this ended up
being a very interesting mystery
"

-Poison -劇薬-
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻
01:06 ━━━━⬤─────── 05:34
Feb 27, 2022 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Game looks good, not that into the starters at the moment though. I'd need to see the rest of their evolution lines to form any real opinion, but at the moment I'm leaning towards grass. I'm more interested in the region and any other new Pokemon and possible regional variants.
Feb 27, 2022 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
ACBlackJ0ck said:

They are and tbh It really feels like Legends Arceus was an unnecessary game they rushed in to please some of the more vocal fans complainers.

About Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. They look good I just hope they don't continue making pokemon like they did on Hisui, man some of the Hisui Pokemon are the worst designs they have done period.

Team Springatito, the name is awful but the design is on point.

Mar 1, 2022 4:02 PM

Aug 2009
I'm tempted to buy Sword as a holdover.

[half an hour later]
I bought Sword as a holdover.
FacelessVixenMar 1, 2022 4:32 PM

Mar 1, 2022 4:39 PM

Oct 2015
it looks okay, I just hope they give it a better story than we have been getting. I'm not a big fan of the starters, water starter is just a duck and grass starter is just a cat. the fire one is okay and has a somewhat interesting design. I thought it was an apple at first and was going to say that we just had a whole family of apple pokemon, but apparently it's a chili pepper, which makes much more sense .________________.
Mar 2, 2022 9:03 AM

Dec 2021
I WANT THAT KITTY.

(too bad my views of the series as a whole are pretty negative these days)
Mar 2, 2022 10:17 AM

Oct 2015
I really can't be bothered. It sort of has lost its spark to me. If I was a lot younger I would be so chuffed about new starters and a new game. Though if I was to sit down and find something entertaining pokemon related, I would probably get right back into it.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Mar 3, 2022 4:37 AM

Apr 2016
I played at Pokemon Legends Arceus last month and found it very enjoyable. It was a lot since I felt that way while playing a Pokemon game. Thus I'm looking forward to these new games in the hope they'll be as enjoyable as the latter.
HectorBlazeMar 3, 2022 4:41 AM
Mar 3, 2022 5:16 AM

Jun 2021
I will definitely play when I get it on pirated website.(all switch games are overpriced in India)

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Aug 3, 2022 8:35 PM

Apr 2010
So the new gimmick for this gen is some sorta crystallization (with a funny hat) that changes your pokemon's type.
Aug 5, 2022 7:44 AM

Feb 2018
I’m gonna get Scarlet and Quaxly will be my starter of choice.
The answer to 1984 is 1776
Aug 6, 2022 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
I saw the trailer now, and the game seems very fun! It's an open world game where you can explore the map with friends online at the same time, which I believe it's a first for a pokemon game. This was literally one of the things I wish pokemon games had when I was a kid, and it's finally here! The gem system is interesting, and is likely to make a difference in competitive battles.
If there's one thing I'm not so sure about is turning your pokemon into a bike, like why?

As for the starters, I like the grass-type, Sprigatito, the most. What I don't like, however, is the English name, it's complicated and hard to remember. Is it Springatiti, Spirgatito? Maybe it's Springatito
For comparison's sake, its Japanese name is ニャオハ, which seems like ニャー (honomatopoeia for a cat's meow) and オハヨウ (good morning) combined. Now that's a nice and simple name.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 6, 2022 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Looks neat. Pokémon games are always a joy to go through. Looking forward to seeing the Legends and open world aspect come to life.
Aug 7, 2022 7:54 PM

Aug 2009
Koraidon or Miraidon transforming into bikes, jet skis and jets is so fucking dumb. ...I love it; partially because the old, crotchety, nostalgia cunt motherfuckers who say that Gens 1 though 5 are better will get mad and still be big mad, but also because I find that Pokemon is the most fun when it's not being taken so fucking seriously. ...and as long as GameFreak keeps adding more quality-of-life features, like move tutors at Pokemon Centers that don't need Heart Scales, and dropping/changing things that are too archaic, like HMs because having HM slaves just artificially kneecaps your party and stretches the playtime.

Aug 30, 2022 5:25 AM
Dec 2017
emeth_asher said:
So the new gimmick for this gen is some sorta crystallization (with a funny hat) that changes your pokemon's type.

And also more story paths for progression as well too apparently.

Sep 7, 2022 11:49 AM

Jan 2020
Thoughts on the latest trailer?

I watched it and literally was like, "Am I looking at the same game?" Shit seems wild.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 8, 2022 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly I'm not sure. I don't really like the new 'realistic' art direction they're going for, the shading looks strange. Probably not gonna buy it but if I do I would get Scarlet.
Sep 8, 2022 6:27 PM

May 2013
Lol, now the game can play itself with autobattle. Who needs to play games anymore anyway.

I do like all the Pokemon designs so far but the art direction is a major step down imo. Especially in the models, the actual designs are fine in the 2D art but the people translating the drawings into 3D need to just stop lol. I am only reffering to the human characters when I say this because the Pokemon are competently translated so I dunno what is going on. Maybe a mass market appeal thing or something else that waters down vision and creativity.

I am also concerned about the open world nature because I simply do not trust the dev cycle of Pokemon to actually churn out a living world with stuff to do in it. It will most likely be just a big area that serves the same purpose routes did previously but with more opportunity to waste time thus padding out the experience.

I know I sound negative but with everything I like keeping my expectations low so at the very least I won't be disappointed. How I see it is the very worst case scenario I won't feel betrayed while also maximizing the opportunity of me being satisfied. Hype is cancer.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Sep 8, 2022 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
Sprigatito is still my favorite from the new Pokemon so far. Fidough looks pretty cute too with its ears looking like pastries or knotted dinner rolls. I also really like the overall look of Mela so far and how over the top she is lol. The terastallize feature still looks weird to me though, and I'm not really a fan of the two legendaries being turned into motorcycles, jet skis, and hang gliders. It takes away from the whole “legendary” feel in my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing more updates of the game in the future though. 👀

Sep 9, 2022 4:04 PM

May 2021
I'd probably pick the Fire starter, which I don't remember the name as I'm not trying to spoil these new games. As for which version I'd get, I'm not 100% sure as of currently.
Sep 16, 2022 1:17 AM

Jul 2013
No and I don't give a damn about new Pokémon starters. If Gamefreak wants my money, then they should can choke on my Pokeballs for the Dexit crap that they pulled fairly recently.

Making a new game by excluding a handful of moves, (Signal Beam, Hidden Power, Hidden Power to name a few) and a plethora of Pokémon.

I doubt that Gen 9 will be cheaper and massive improvement over the mediocre SwSh games. Will not be surprised if that's true.

Gen 8 ruined Pokémon just like FF13 ruined Final Fantasy and everyone knows.

If the current Gamefreak higher ups don't do what the customer says and stop playing around, then they can choke on my Pokeballs.
Sep 17, 2022 3:55 PM

Nov 2021
I just looked it up.whats up with the motorcycle Pokemon LMAO
MainBonus
Sep 17, 2022 5:31 PM

Jan 2020
I just saw a rumor in the leaks that it's possible that the Breeding Mechanic is going to be gone and there might be a new means of getting Eggs. I really hope that's not the case, as breeding competetive shiny Pokemon is like, 75% of my game time. Either way, Nintendo needs to hurry up with releasing some more information. Confirm the starter evolutions already.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 22, 2022 2:16 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Hopefully it isn't scuffed like the remake of Diamond/Peal, PLA or SW/SH.
Sep 23, 2022 8:17 AM

Jul 2016
TayPhox said:
Are you guys hyped for the new Pokémon game?

What version and starter are you leaning towards?

Personally I think I'm going to get Pokémon Violet and have the grass starter atm.

I preordered it as soon as I had to he money for it, I love the Pokémon games - so I'm hyped.

I'm going with Scarlett as red is my favorite colour.
Sep 23, 2022 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
im excited for it because the open world and auto battle system, but the new gimick looks terrible. seriously just bring back mega evolution at least the designs didn't look lazy as fk.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 29, 2022 12:00 PM

Jan 2020
Suddenly; Wiglett.

Can we please just see the starter evolutions? ಠ_ಠ

Oct 6, 2022 11:36 AM

Jan 2020
New info out with Nintendo Direct today:

Girafarig evolution looks interesting.

Oct 6, 2022 2:49 PM

Jun 2020
pfft grass starter, truly a pleb
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 6, 2022 3:02 PM

Mar 2017
my expectations aren't high but still looking forward playing because i love pokemon. going with violet and probably grass or water starter.

please dm me if you are going scarlet, i'll to need a trade buddy ;-; (violet are welcomed as well)

source: @bokarokaku
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you use a VPN?

Jesus-himself - Jan 26, 2022

36 by JNNKO »»
3 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

564 by KenaiPhoenix »»
3 hours ago

» Why do you play video games? ( 1 2 )

Text101 - May 29, 2023

93 by Fatephile »»
6 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3757 by Fatephile »»
6 hours ago

» Microsoft laid off DEI team: Report

deg - Jul 17

14 by Kurt_Irving »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.